PDA

View Full Version : What I thought.

bordergreen
02-02-2019, 08:14 PM
Marciano made some great saves, but put us in trouble a few times with his kicking. Needs to improve that.

Defence looked a bit shaky in the first half, hence 2 goals against.

Milligan looked good to me again. Had a good game mainly. Both defensively and with his distribution. Don't get the slating of him on here. Replacement for Efe?

Bigirimana looked decent.

Change early in the first half was great. They were obviously over-running us in midfield after the break. How many times have we screamed from the stands when we have seen what is obvious with no change?

Would have taken off Kamberi rather than Shaw.

I thought we were by far the best team, after the early change in the second half.

We didn't win, but we didn't look bad. I thought we played some good stuff today.

Just sayin like!

Hulk1875
02-02-2019, 09:38 PM
Marciano made some great saves, but put us in trouble a few times with his kicking. Needs to improve that.

Milligan looked good to me again. Had a good game mainly. Both defensively and with his distribution. Don't get the slating of him on here. Replacement for Efe?

Change early in the first half was great. They were obviously over-running us in midfield after the break. How many times have we screamed from the stands when we have seen what is obvious with no change?

I thought we were by far the best team, after the early change in the second half.

We didn't win, but we didn't look bad. I thought we played some good stuff today.

Just sayin like!

Always thought Milligan has looked comfortable

Hibeesmad
02-02-2019, 10:03 PM
2nd goal for Aberdeen was a shocker from Marciano

SChibs
02-02-2019, 10:35 PM

Just sayin like!

I thought we played well 2nd half but Aberdeen had 2 clear cut 1v1s, One good save and one past the post. Stevenson also made a last ditch block to prevent a probable goal and they had a pen saved. Whereas we didn't make any clear cut chances so I wouldnt have said we were by far the best team.

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2019, 11:08 PM
I thought we played well 2nd half but Aberdeen had 2 clear cut 1v1s 2nd half. One good save and one past the post. Stevenson also made a last ditch block to prevent a probably goal and they had a pen saved. Whereas we didn't make any clear cut chances so I would have said we were by far the best team.

:confused:

scuttle
02-02-2019, 11:08 PM
Well beaten, wrong tactics today no need for 3 centre backs especially as Halon was playing like a forward at times in the second half. One of them should have been changed for Gauld. Two one down at home nothing to lose we should have went for it. Lack of pace or creativity in the team and without doubt the worst match official in Scotland who clearly has an Issue with Hibs

hibsquaker
02-02-2019, 11:09 PM
Milligan is too slow in distribution

FRes Hibbie
02-02-2019, 11:12 PM
I thought we played well 2nd half but Aberdeen had 2 clear cut 1v1s 2nd half. One good save and one past the post. Stevenson also made a last ditch block to prevent a probably goal and they had a pen saved. Whereas we didn't make any clear cut chances so I would have said we were by far the best team.

Probably fair.

GreenOnions
02-02-2019, 11:24 PM

I presume you meant to say in your last sentence that Aberdeen were by far the best team. If that is the case - I agree with you. I also agree with the OP that the change in the second half when Bigirimana replaced Bartley improved us a lot and we were briefly on top. However - McInnes responded by bringing on Gleeson and switching to 4-4-2 and that I think made the game pretty even after that.

Overall I thought there was good effort from the team but we're some distance behind Aberdeen at the moment who looked a lot better to me than they did in the first fixture at ER this season

SChibs
02-02-2019, 11:28 PM
I presume you meant to say in your last sentence that Aberdeen were by far the best team. If that is the case - I agree with you. I also agree with the OP that the change in the second half when Bigirimana replaced Bartley improved us a lot and we weren briefly on top. However - McInnes responded by bringing on Gleeson and switching to 4-4-2 and that I think made the game pretty even after that.

Overall I thought there was good effort from the team but we're some distance behind Aberdeen at the moment who looked a lot better to me than they did in the first fixture at ER this season

Yup mistake in my post. Now edited to 'wouldnt'. Should have read my post back before clicking save!

bordergreen
03-02-2019, 12:27 AM
Yup mistake in my post. Now edited to 'wouldnt'. Should have read my post back before clicking save!

On reflection, by far is stretching it. But I did feel we were the better team 2nd half. As I also said, I wouldn't have taken Shaw off.

SChibs
03-02-2019, 09:14 AM
On reflection, by far is stretching it. But I did feel we were the better team 2nd half. As I also said, I wouldn't have taken Shaw off.

I think we played better than them in the 2nd half but without really doing anything. They say back more but carved out 3 opportunities they really should have scored from.