PDA

View Full Version : This is how it feels (Aberdeen 020219)

Jonnyboy
02-02-2019, 07:09 PM
All the talk prior to the game revolved around whether any of the new signings would make the starting eleven but as it turned out, they were all on the bench and what they must have been thinking as they watched on is anybody’s guess. Put simply, Hibs were bettered in all areas of the park and the biggest mystery is how they only lost 2-1 in a game where goalkeepers featured prominently.

There was a recall to the starting eleven for Lewis Stevenson, returning from injury whilst Mark Milligan played in the middle of a back three. I have to confess that I was perplexed at Eddie May and Grant Murray going for a three when the comeback at St Mirren last time out was largely thanks to switching to a flat four.

In fairness, Hibs started brightly and after just ten minutes took the lead when Oli Shaw received a throw in from Stevenson, turned and headed towards the Aberdeen goal and with defenders backing off the youngster drilled a fine low shot into the corner with Joe Lewis not getting anywhere near it. That should have acted as a platform but Aberdeen were exploiting the wide areas well and flooding men forward so that three minutes later they equalised. A high ball to the back post was poorly defended and when a header on goal came in, Rocky seemed to push the ball straight up into the air rather than over the bar. The dropping ball caused mayhem and allowed Considine to head home from close range. At the time I felt the mistake was Rocky’s although I concede his defence did little to help.

Big Sam Cosgrove was having an interesting battle with Darren McGregor and I felt honours were even until the Dons striker had to go off injured. The disruption did little to affect the visitors as soon after they took the lead and once again I had to question Rocky for his part in conceding. Stewart shot from the edge of the box and Rocky dived to save but could not hold the ball which bounced free and was met by Wilson who prodded it towards goal. There was no power in the effort but Rocky simply pushed it aside allowing Mackay-Steven to hit the ball into an empty net. Granted his defenders were nowhere to be seen and so the fault shouldn’t lie only at Rocky’s door but I expected him to do better in terms of keeping the ball in his grasp.

Those goals knocked the wind out of Hibs’ sails and having established their lead, Aberdeen did all in their power to preserve it. I lost count of the number of times they stopped Hibs from building up play by fouling and generally wasting time but it seems referee Don Robertson was oblivious to this going on. Kamberi alone was fouled repeatedly but no free kicks were given whilst the slightest touch on a Dons player was penalised by the referee.

As half time approached, Mallan was breaking free down the middle and as he did so, Considine was holding him back. Mallan kept going and was then hacked down by Shinnie but Robertson decided to book Considine and bring the play back to where the Aberdeen man had first fouled Mallan. Shinnie, once again, got off scot free and carried on fouling without punishment. From the free kick, Mallan whipped in a shot that went just the wrong side of the post with Lewis scrambling across his goal. The keeper stayed down and had to be replaced and I subsequently found out that his face had hit the post when he dived. Unable to continue, he was replaced by former Hibs keeper Tomas Cerny.

During that first half, David Gray had gone down injured a couple of times and so I was a bit surprised he reappeared after the break. In fact my surprise extended into the fact that no changes were made and the three at the back formation was preserved. To me, that was astonishing because it played right into the hands of Aberdeen who utilised the spaces normally filled by a full back and basically attacked at will.

In a rare break forward, Shaw tested Cerny but then Aberdeen raced to the other end where Ferguson danced past several tackles before being hauled down in the box by McGregor. The spot kick was taken by Mackay-Steven but well saved by Rocky who pushed the effort round the post. It was a sort of redemption for the keeper following his errors in the first half and his erratic distribution which had put Hibs in trouble a few times.

Although they had failed to extend their lead from the spot, Aberdeen continued to hold the upper hand and twice they could have scored but for fine saves by Rocky. On two other occasions only a timeous block by Lewis Stevenson saved the day whilst Wilson and Shinnie should have done a lot better with the chances that fell to them. In the Aberdeen goal, Cerny was having a relatively easy time of it although he had to look lively to save an effort from Shaw. The introduction of Bigirimana, Gauld and McNulty made little difference to the flow of the game but in two of those changes there was an amount of head scratching around me. Bigirimana for Bartley was fine as big Marv had struggled throughout but replacing Shaw with McNulty and Mallan with Gauld seemed odd as both Mallan and Shaw were amongst the better performers on the day.

As Aberdeen continued to disrupt our attempts to get forward with a number of niggly fouls that went largely unpunished I was astonished to learn that only three minutes of added time would take place. There were five substitutions which at thirty seconds each added up to two and a half minutes meaning only thirty seconds had been added for the obvious time wasting by the visitors. On numerous occasions Don Robertson pointed to his watch when a Hibs man complained and so it is a mystery how he arrived at just thirty seconds. That was annoying but it wasn’t Robertson’s fault we lost; that ‘honour’ goes to our players and to the stand in coaches who, for my money, got the formation and the personnel wrong.

The players

Rocky – I’ve only seen the two Aberdeen goals in real time and am convinced Rocky was culpable at both but the big fella redeemed himself in the second half with the penalty save and one or two others of note.

Daz – Had a good battle with Cosgrove until the Dons man went off but wasn’t at his best today at all. His tackle for the penalty was crazy as Ferguson was going away from goal. I feel we only really see the best from Daz in a flat four.

Milligan – For me he is not a centre half and I think he was poor both defensively and in his distribution today. I was hoping he’d be hooked at half time so that we’d go back to a four and I know I’m sounding like I’m obsessed by that formation but to me it makes sense with the players at our disposal.

Paul – Once again we witnessed a Paul Hanlon some way short of where we know he can be. I had hoped he’d be the new Efe by bringing the ball out from the back to start attacks but sadly that was not the case. As an aside I feel we miss Efe and I wish we could get him back.

SDG – I’m always happier when David Gray plays but am of the view it should always be in a back four. When playing as a wing back and clearly not 100% match fit he struggles and he did today.

Slivka – Once again he was the subject of a tirade of quite vile abuse from some gadge a few rows behind me. Although Vik wasn’t at his best he kept making himself available for the ball and invariably tried to get the team moving forward.

Marv – A bit of a horror show from Marv today as he continually lost his man as well as hitting a large number of poor passes. The big guy doesn’t turn it on every week and today was an off day.

Stevie – I actually felt he was our best midfielder today but the bench obviously disagreed as they replaced him midway through the second half. The free kick that resulted in Joe Lewis hurting himself must have missed the post by half an inch. I also felt he mixed it when needed.

Lewis – His return to fitness kinda slipped under the radar with all that’s been going on down ER way. I thought he was excellent today, despite being hung out to dry on numerous occasions by Paul Hanlon passing the ball to him in tight situations. I agree with the match sponsors and am giving Lewis my man of the match.

Oli – Today I felt Oli showed that he does have it in him to make it at Hibs, not that I’ve ever really doubted it personally but I know some do. He took his goal very well and tested their keeper on another couple of occasions before he too was the subject of another baffling substitution.

Flo – I really feel for the laddie as he worked his socks off today but got absolutely no protection from the referee as he was fouled repeatedly during the ninety minutes. There was one occasion in the first half when he’d made a perfectly timed run only to be flagged offside by the West Stand linesman proving that when things are not going your way you’re fighting a losing battle.

Bigi – Brought on to play the Marv role I thought he did ok but looked a bit powder puff in the tackle a couple of times. Had the chance to ‘take Shinnie out’ but didn’t take it so that gets him a black mark from me!

Mark – Looked very lively and almost got off to the perfect start when he did well to control a dropping ball with his right foot before getting a left foot shot towards the target but it was deflected over for a corner. On the way out after the game my brother heard one punter saying “McNulty’s just another Simon Murray.” Jeezo

Ryan – Replaced Mallan and whilst he always looks comfortable with the ball at his feet the lack of movement around him certainly reduces his options.

EM/GM – As I said earlier, I felt they got both personnel and formation wrong whilst making what I consider to be a couple of bizarre substitutions.

The fans – ER was very subdued today and I’m not entirely sure why.

The ref – Poor

hibby6270
02-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Great accurate summary as usual JB.
I’m glad you saw the same Milligan today as I did. You’re 100% right. He’s not a centre half.
The half time switch should have been - Marv off, Milligan as holding mid. Switch to flat back four.
The substitutions later might have then been more effective.
Hindsight eh? It’s a bl00dy wonderful thing.

P.S. Rating for the ref? He wasn’t that “good”. I’d have a word beginning with eff in front of poor if that’s the word you want to use.:rolleyes:

Keith_M
02-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Agree with all of the above, especially the fans.

At a time when the team need decent backing, we just didn't step up to the plate...or even appear at the game for many of them.

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Agree with all of that.

Hi Heid Yin
02-02-2019, 07:28 PM
A fairly accurate take on the game, Jonnyboy.

We played as I expected us to play..as a bunch of individuals without a rudder/manager.

It was all a bit disjointed and lacking in collective self-belief.

Our interim managers/coaches also give the impression that they want to be elsewhere and are simply going through the motions.

There is a dark cloud currently sitting over Easter Road and the sooner we get a manager/coach in place the better.

bordergreen
02-02-2019, 07:29 PM
I appreciate you taking time to do these, but you must have watched a different game to me today.

Sioux
02-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Re playing a back 4, we've not got two dominant central defenders to play that role.

Last week we got away with it because it was St Mirren. I disagree about Milligan. He was better than the other two.

SideBurns
02-02-2019, 07:32 PM
I can agree with much of that JB, but thought Milligan had a good game - I can't recall many mistakes and he was composed and gave cover at the back. However, going forward he's not the answer in there, and Daz (who played well I thought) is defo better in a flat back 4. As is SDG, who struggled today.

villahibs
02-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Yeah decent summary. I was actually convinced Bartley gave the penalty away and thought Mcgregor played pretty well! I’m worried about Gauld though. Expected a lot more. I appreciate it takes a bit to settle in but for me he’s shown next to nothing in the league games.

SideBurns
02-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Oh aye - thought Mallan was poor, so cannae agree with that!

LaMotta
02-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Great report as usual Jonnyboy. Have to say though I disagree about Milligans distribution being poor. Dont remember him giving the ball away and also remember at least 2 inch perfect 70 yard passes to Lewis on the left wing.

The problem is he is a bit languid and cant run, as Wilson proved when he skipped past him. Also agree that having 3 centre halfs on the park was daft when we were behind and him or Daz or Hanlon should have been hooked rather than Mallen.

BroxburnHibee
02-02-2019, 08:02 PM
Seems like the bizarre formations/team selections will continue.

Are we suggesting we couldn't be drawn into the play off spot?

We're playing just as bad as Butchers team.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2019, 08:10 PM

We're 18 points above Dundee in the play off spot with 14 games left. We would practically need to lose every single game to even come close to finishing in the bottom two.

GreenCastle
02-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Still not sure what he went to 3 and played Milligan. 2 up front and the diamond or 4-2-3-1. But we don’t have any wingers so we are so predictable to play against.

I thought he was poor and basically got in the way at the back - tried to over play and slowed the play down. This allowed Aberdeen to get back behind the ball.

He hit 2 cracking switches 2nd half but a prime example of him being poor was the 1v1 and he let the player run past rather than block him - lucky Ofir saved.

We looked lost as a team and last week I think will be one off.

Ive been worried about us for a while and I can’t see us finishing top 6.

McNulty and Bigi do like think they will add quality but to many players are undroppable right now and that’s not good.

Aberdeen really aren’t great but did look fitter than us and more street wise - you can see why they bottle it in big games but it seems the last few years they have got the better of us with the organised team McInnes has put together.

LaMotta
02-02-2019, 08:13 PM

Butchers team would never have won at Paisley.

Jonnyboy
02-02-2019, 08:38 PM
I appreciate you taking time to do these, but you must have watched a different game to me today.

Really? Could you explain why you think that? :greengrin

Re playing a back 4, we've not got two dominant central defenders to play that role.

Last week we got away with it because it was St Mirren. I disagree about Milligan. He was better than the other two.

I think SDG, Daz, Paul and Lewis provides that :agree:

The Green Goblin
02-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Thanks JB. Great read as ever. Imo Milligan was ok today. I also thought a back 4 would have suited us better. Ref was dreadful.

Hiber-nation
02-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Disagree for once JC, I thought Mallan was dire today and Milligan very good.

Hibeesmad
02-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Played well I thought considering recent events. Very professional performance.

Jonnyboy
02-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Disagree for once JC, I thought Mallan was dire today and Milligan very good.

:aok: All about opinions :greengrin

Eyrie
02-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Not a fan of a back three, but I thought Milligan did well in the middle of the trio.

ancient hibee
02-02-2019, 10:57 PM
Think you’re wide of the mark re Milligan’s distribution.He played the best passes of the day to give Stevenson free runs down the wing.We didn’t make the most of them.The defence are of course missing McGinn.His constant harassing of opponents attacking our left meant that many attacks foundered due to them making poor passes.Hanlon particularly is having trouble coping and when he does intercept the ball often makes a very poor pass putting players under pressure when there’s no need.

BoyledEgg
02-02-2019, 11:02 PM

My thoughts also

Bobby's Cinema
02-02-2019, 11:03 PM
Think you’re wide of the mark re Milligan’s distribution.He played the best passes of the day to give Stevenson free runs down the wing.We didn’t make the most of them.The defence are of course missing McGinn.His constant harassing of opponents attacking our left meant that many attacks foundered due to them making poor passes.Hanlon particularly is having trouble coping and when he does intercept the ball often makes a very poor pass putting players under pressure when there’s no need.
Agreed. Milligan’s distribution was pretty good. Found himself playing as a deep lying playmaker at times through no fault of his own, mainly due to a midfield put out not exactly forward thinking.

Slivka needs to take on much more responsibility in trying to dictate and play us forward in this regard does nowhere near enough for me.

His first touch is telling very rarely is it forward thinking, in a midfield with Marv he needs to be prepared to take that on imo

Forza Fred
02-02-2019, 11:11 PM
Generally agree with your summaries but looks like we have to disagree on your summary of Milligan today...as incidentally a few on here have too.

Its all about opinions I know, but I thought Milligan was without question one of our better performers.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 11:29 PM
Jonny I rate your opinion but to say Milligan should’ve been hooked at HT and that Stevenson was MOTM is hard to fathom.

plasterer253
02-02-2019, 11:40 PM
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Curried
02-02-2019, 11:43 PM
Generally agree with your summaries but looks like we have to disagree on your summary of Milligan today...as incidentally a few on here have too.

Its all about opinions I know, but I thought Milligan was without question one of our better performers.

This. 100%.

K.Marx
03-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Agree with all of the above, especially the fans.

At a time when the team need decent backing, we just didn't step up to the plate...or even appear at the game for many of them.

The apathy in the stands is building. Couldn’t believe how empty the home ends were with 5 mins to go. You would of thought we were a few goals down.

The atmospheres been pretty garbage all season but given the circumstances I was hoping for a bit of siege mentality to kick in. Think we’re at a tipping point and need the next appointment to be a good one to get the enthusiasm back in the stands.

Brooster
03-02-2019, 07:35 AM
Good report as always Johnnyboy. I thought Milligan was solid and his distribution was really good particularly his two world cup cross field passes. Rocky was horrendous and cost us the game and Bartley struggled to get 1/10. Our views on Stevenson are also polar opposites I thought he was a 4/10 at most.

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2019, 07:55 AM
Good report Jonnyboy as always

I thought Rocky was well rocky his usual self with some brilliant and instinctive saves and a couple of blunders with horrendous kicking

SDG was not at the races today but like any racehorse perhaps needed the run

Milligan did little wrong

Bartley dear oh dear ! Did not look fit kept giving the ball away which is most unlike him shudda been hooked at half time

Slivka tried to get involved looked good and tricky in small bursts

Mallin at least tried to mix it worked hard but needs to do more

Shaw starting to look more and more like a HIBS player

Kamberi starting to look a bit more like his old self amazing how that limp has gone now Lenny has left

Wee boy fae Motherwell Bigibigi looked good tried to go forward reminded me of Latapy in style

Bogdan in goals Wednesday

Forza Fred
03-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Interesting.....your summary of the players basically refers to them by their first name...except for Milligan and Slivka.

What does it all mean?😂

Speedway
03-02-2019, 09:11 AM
I’m assuming the last comment re: Bigi was inadvertent, JB 😄

erin go bragh
03-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Milligan wasn’t the problem.Fwiw I thought he played well 😜
442 is our best formation as it showed second half last week .
Gray and Stevenson are wasted as wingbacks . But they excel in a 442 . Look forward to your reports JB but it’s like you have got Milligan and Stevenson mixed up 😜

Phil MaGlass
03-02-2019, 09:28 AM
We're 18 points above Dundee in the play off spot with 14 games left. We would practically need to lose every single game to even come close to finishing in the bottom two.

we seem to be trying our hardest to end up there

wookie70
03-02-2019, 09:32 AM
I agree with much of that but after a good start Mallan fell out of the game and I would have hooked him too. Milligan was probably our best passer on the day firing a number of lovely balls to Lewis. The back 5 with Marv in front rarely works and was a ridiculous decision given both Lewis and SDG are coming back from injury and would not have the energy levels to patrol the whole wing. We made it easy for Aberdeen before a ball was kicked with that selection and I presume most fans knew it was wrong and wouldn't work so no idea how May can't see that after Lennon persisted with it unsuccessfully for so long. Like May said he learnt a lot from Lennon!

Jonnyboy
03-02-2019, 09:38 AM
I shoulda gone to Specsavers :greengrin

On reflection I agree I got it wrong re Milligan as he did indeed ping a few good passes to Lewis. I guess I was just frustrated and disappointed at the whole team’s performance

Nicho87
03-02-2019, 10:20 AM
As pish as we are I’d not get paid good money to see Aberdeen play away from home like that every second week. Craig Levein eat your heart out. Foul, hack, foul, charge.

Eyrie
03-02-2019, 10:30 AM
As pish as we are I’d not get paid good money to see Aberdeen play away from home like that every second week. Craig Levein eat your heart out. Foul, hack, foul, charge.

When they played each other earlier this season it was something like 45 fouls and nine yellow cards.

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the report JB

As usual when we play Aberdeen it was a frustrating game to watch, I feared the worst when they went in front and so it proved as they resorted to their usual tactics of foul after foul to slow the game down and cringeworthy time wasting at every opportunity … the only team in the league who think its acceptable to 'see the game out' with 70 minutes to go .. it seemed that after every other challenge by a Hibs player their trainer was on the park. They were ably assisted by the ref who fell for their tactics of falling down whenever a Hibs player looked at one of them and who continued the time honoured tradition of allowing Shinnie to get away with foul after foul after foul … we aren't the only set of fans who think the guy is untouchable for some reason.

I don't actually think Hibs were quite as hopeless as the OP makes out and even if Aberdeen did squander a few decent chances I thought we deserved at least a draw out of the game. I certainly don't think Milligan was anywhere near as bad as JB did either though I agree about Bartley, it was one of his poorest games in a Hibs shirt. I felt sorry for Kamberi who apparently its impossible to commit a foul against .. the picture accompanying the match report on the official site of an Aberdeen defender with a fist full of his shirt sums it up because that's how he was treated for 90 minutes with no protection whatsoever from the ref.

I liked the look of wee Bigirimana, though even he gave the ball away at one point, his first touch as a Hibs player was to beautifully control a waist high ball hit towards him at 100mph and play a pass. Shaw had one of his best games in a Hibs shirt and I was surprised to see him get hooked for McNulty who showed for me that he will be an asset, he won more than a few high balls with good body positioning and showed willing by chasing his man all the way from the edge of their box to the edge of ours.

Gonna have to have a wee pop at Daz here …. I don't know what the club record is for giving away penalties, but he must be right up there.

If yesterday showed one thing its that we need a new manager ASAP …. the team selection and failure to adjust our tactics when it became clear we were encouraging Aberdeen to pulverise us down either wing were both baffling.

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the report JB

As usual when we play Aberdeen it was a frustrating game to watch, I feared the worst when they went in front and so it proved as they resorted to their usual tactics of foul after foul to slow the game down and cringeworthy time wasting at every opportunity … the only team in the league who think its acceptable to 'see the game out' with 70 minutes to go .. it seemed that after every other challenge by a Hibs player their trainer was on the park. They were ably assisted by the ref who fell for their tactics of falling down whenever a Hibs player looked at one of them and who continued the time honoured tradition of allowing Shinnie to get away with foul after foul after foul … we aren't the only set of fans who think the guy is untouchable for some reason.

I don't actually think Hibs were quite as hopeless as the OP makes out and even if Aberdeen did squander a few decent chances I thought we deserved at least a draw out of the game. I certainly don't think Milligan was anywhere near as bad as JB did either though I agree about Bartley, it was one of his poorest games in a Hibs shirt. I felt sorry for Kamberi who apparently its impossible to commit a foul against .. the picture accompanying the match report on the official site of an Aberdeen defender with a fist full of his shirt sums it up because that's how he was treated for 90 minutes with no protection whatsoever from the ref.

I liked the look of wee Bigirimana, though even he gave the ball away at one point, his first touch as a Hibs player was to beautifully control a waist high ball hit towards him at 100mph and play a pass. Shaw had one of his best games in a Hibs shirt and I was surprised to see him get hooked for McNulty who showed for me that he will be an asset, he won more than a few high balls with good body positioning and showed willing by chasing his man all the way from the edge of their box to the edge of ours.

Gonna have to have a wee pop at Daz here …. I don't know what the club record is for giving away penalties, but he must be right up there.

If yesterday showed one thing its that we need a new manager ASAP …. the team selection and failure to adjust our tactics when it became clear we were encouraging Aberdeen to pulverise us down either wing were both baffling.

:top marks

Pretty much agree with with all of this.

With Aberdeen losing two players one of which a goalkeeper they were expecting HIBS to throw the kitchen sink at them second half never materialised

Bartley’s worst game in a HIBS jersey and I am his biggest fan

Aberdeen timewasting with 70 minutes to go they would not look out of place in Serie B a horrible club in my humble opinion

flash
03-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Jonny I rate your opinion but to say Milligan should’ve been hooked at HT and that Stevenson was MOTM is hard to fathom.

Indeed. Take these summaries with a pinch of salt due to the obvious favouritism towards certain players.

superfurryhibby
03-02-2019, 02:56 PM
69% possession to Aberdeen. They may well be niggly, cynical etc, etc....but they also have much better players than Hibs, sadly.

No creativity, no width, plenty effort, but we were lucky not to concede more. We’ve a big rebuild to do at Hibs. Too many poor players.

marinello59
03-02-2019, 03:38 PM
69% possession to Aberdeen. They may well be niggly, cynical etc, etc....but they also have much better players than Hibs, sadly.

No creativity, no width, plenty effort, but we were lucky not to concede more. We’ve a big rebuild to do at Hibs. Too many poor players.

They don’t have much better players than us. What they do have is much more confidence and organisation than us at the moment.

hibsbollah
03-02-2019, 03:42 PM
They don’t have much better players than us. What they do have is much more confidence and organisation than us at the moment.

Sadly I think they do. Considine and Stevie May are possible weak links up front and at the back, but they have better players than us across the pitch, particularly in midfield.

marinello59
03-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Sadly I think they do. Considine and Stevie May are possible weak links up front and at the back, but they have better players than us across the pitch, particularly in midfield.

Much better players though? We totally outplayed them earlier in the season at ER and matched them at Pittodrie, only losing because of an error. Don’t underestimate how precious a commodity confidence is, we needs ours rebuilding.

hibsbollah
03-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Much better players though? We totally outplayed them earlier in the season at ER and matched them at Pittodrie, only losing because of an error. Don’t underestimate how precious a commodity confidence is, we needs ours rebuilding.

Maybe not much better, but I would take every one of their midfield four over ours every day of the week.

roo62
03-02-2019, 04:02 PM
I agree not sure they have better players but they have a structure and team ethic which is missing from us at present. Nothing a decent Head Coach can't fix.

Jonnyboy
03-02-2019, 07:06 PM
I’m assuming the last comment re: Bigi was inadvertent, JB ��

Indeed it was :hide:

Milligan wasn’t the problem.Fwiw I thought he played well ��
442 is our best formation as it showed second half last week .
Gray and Stevenson are wasted as wingbacks . But they excel in a 442 . Look forward to your reports JB but it’s like you have got Milligan and Stevenson mixed up ��

Yep, I've reviewed my thoughts on Milligan a few posts back :agree:

Indeed. Take these summaries with a pinch of salt due to the obvious favouritism towards certain players.

Don't we all show favouritism towards certain players. It helps balance out the obvious criticism of certain players I feel :wink:

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2019, 06:28 AM
Indeed it was :hide:

Yep, I've reviewed my thoughts on Milligan a few posts back :agree:

Football is all about opinions

I look forward to your match reports

Indeed not since the days of Jack Harkness and Doug Baillie in the Sunday Post have I looked forward to match reports so much:

” with a tackle that rattled his bones like a zylophone!” :greengrin

Keep up the good work you are doing a brilliant job.

Speedway
04-02-2019, 07:24 AM
Football is all about opinions

I look forward to your match reports

Indeed not since the days of Jack Harkness and Doug Baillie in the Sunday Post have I looked forward to match reports so much:

” with a tackle that rattled his bones like a zylophone!” :greengrin

Keep up the good work you are doing a brilliant job.

Agreed! I very much enjoy each report for two reasons principally:

1. They cut through the .net hysteria either way
2. They mostly agree with how I saw the game

However I do not possess your tact and diplomacy in player critique JB 🙂

flash
04-02-2019, 08:08 AM
I should add I do enjoy the match reports Jonnyboy. Was just observing that you have your favourites but, as you rightly point out, don't we all.
Mine just don't coincide with yours🙂.