PDA

View Full Version : Don Robertson

BegbieHSC
02-02-2019, 05:40 PM
I think today he demonstrated new levels of Scottish refereeing incompetence. Absolutely shameful performance.

Fergus52
02-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Worst ref performance I've seen at ER this season.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 05:43 PM
What the **** have we done to deserve *******s like that week in week out 😡

SMAXXA
02-02-2019, 05:44 PM
He was murder today, how shinnie got away with a booking I will never know, he books Flo for decent exactly the same as he let shinnie of with in the first half.

Absolute balloon

Stevie Reid
02-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Unbelievably poor today. Some outrageous decisions and so naive with regards to Aberdeen’s tactics.

Scottie
02-02-2019, 05:47 PM
What baffles me is why the players are happy to accept these decisions. Players from other clubs scream blue murder at the ref when these calls go against them ie Naismith, Shinnie, Brown. We just take it.

Now Lennon has gone these decisions are only gonna get worse :rolleyes:

SChibs
02-02-2019, 05:49 PM
What baffles me is why the players are happy to accept these decisions. Players from other clubs scream blue murder at the ref when these calls go against them ie Naismith, Shinnie, Brown. We just take it.

Kamberi done it and got booked despite Shinnie doing the exact same first half.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2019, 06:03 PM

Does the ref suddenly turn round and change his mind if you complain? No, he books you like he booked Flo.

Scottie
02-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Kamberi done it and got booked despite Shinnie doing the exact same first half.

Does the ref suddenly turn round and change his mind if you complain? No, he books you like he booked Flo.
We are soft as **** boys. You tell me how the hell other teams get away with it. They challenge every decision where it becomes the norm. Whats the ref gonna do book every player that disagrees with him? Other teams are at it all the time which puts pressure on the ref not to make these borderline decisions.

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 06:31 PM

When Kamberi had the temerity to complain, he got booked.

And the Shinnie thing, there's nothing else to be said. The boy is pure teflon.

BlackSheep
02-02-2019, 06:32 PM
I am never shy in criticising the refs..... and i won't be today....

I am hoarse from calling the 'officials' out today... I don't care what repercussions we will suffer but Eddie May and Grant Murray need to be making complaints!! Who cares is they are suspended by the SFA... those shower of crap that wear black need called out!

I was disgusted by how often they all got the calls wrong and did not operate to the letter of the law.

One that seems fresh in my mind is when in the second half Shaw was offside and the Linesman didn't flag until he touched the ball (as the rules do state) but how on earth do they then get to take the free kick from almost in our half when Shaw touch the ball at the edge of their box... the rules state the free kick is taken where the player touches the ball!!!

And how is GMS not offside for his goal when he was further forward than any Hibs player (bar Marciano) when Stevie May picked up McGinn's rebound...!!! If it was due to Marciano touching the ball last before GMS's tap in then... how on Earth is Shaw considered offside in the second half when the ball comes off an Aberdeen player for his disallowed goal!!!?

The red mist has fallen on me so if any of these incidents are were correctly refereed then I'll hold my hands up but The state of Scottish officials is making me sick to my stomach week in and week out this year!!!

green with envy
02-02-2019, 06:35 PM
Absolutely shocking performance.

overdrive
02-02-2019, 06:37 PM
He has it in for us. Was he not the prick who didn’t give us any fouls in the second half at Parkhead?

Bishop Hibee
02-02-2019, 06:37 PM
Worst this season. Useless.

CmoantheHibs
02-02-2019, 06:41 PM

I said much the same on the match day thread. We make it easy for officials to give dodgy decisions against us and to not give decisions for us.We should be highlighting to the ref every time when serial foulers commit fouls as it seems they arent aware of it otherwise.

matty_f
02-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Cheating ****.

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 06:42 PM
We were spoiled with Dougie McDonald, Callum Murray, Hugh Dallas and John Rowbotham. Even Willie Miller.

This lot are something else

Montford
02-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Imagine the uproar if we had a ref called Hibs Robertson
Clues in his name

wookie70
02-02-2019, 06:47 PM

I am hoarse from calling the 'officials' out today... I don't care what repercussions we will suffer but Eddie May and Grant Murray need to be making complaints!! Who cares is they are suspended by the SFA... those shower of crap that wear black need called out!

I was disgusted by how often they all got the calls wrong and did not operate to the letter of the law.

One that seems fresh in my mind is when in the second half Shaw was offside and the Linesman didn't flag until he touched the ball (as the rules do state) but how on earth do they then get to take the free kick from almost in our half when Shaw touch the ball at the edge of their box... the rules state the free kick is taken where the player touches the ball!!!

And how is GMS not offside for his goal when he was further forward than any Hibs player (bar Marciano) when Stevie May picked up McGinn's rebound...!!! If it was due to Marciano touching the ball last before GMS's tap in then... how on Earth is Shaw considered offside in the second half when the ball comes off an Aberdeen player for his disallowed goal!!!?

The red mist has fallen on me so if any of these incidents are were correctly refereed then I'll hold my hands up but The state of Scottish officials is making me sick to my stomach week in and week out this year!!!

GMS was onside for their goal. He was behind the ball for the second shot. Where the Hibs players are(picking their nose on the edge of the box) is irrelevant.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 06:49 PM
GMS was onside for their goal. He was behind the ball for the second shot. Where the Hibs players are(picking their nose on the edge of the box) is irrelevant.

The ball can't keep a player onside.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2019, 06:49 PM
If Lennon was still our manager he'd getting a 10 match touchline ban after that today!

Wigson13
02-02-2019, 06:51 PM

The referees seem to be more lenient when it's the captain who complains as in all your examples, they seem to have a lot more leeway in arguing with refs!

One Day Soon
02-02-2019, 06:53 PM
The referees seem to be more lenient when it's the captain who complains as in all your examples, they seem to have a lot more leeway in arguing with refs!

I assume Gray is captain when he plays. I can't recall ever seeing him in the referees face and I genuinely think we lack a leader on the park.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2019, 06:55 PM

Team captains are allowed to approach the ref to query a decision, getting in their faces and harassing them is not allowed though. :greengrin

LustForLeith
I thought the performance of the officials was down to them partaking in the Bird Box challenge. Can’t expalin how they seemed to miss so many decisions.

matty_f
Team captains are allowed to approach the ref to query a decision, getting in their faces and harassing them is not allowed though. :greengrin

It is if you're Graeme ****ing Shinnie, apparently.

wookie70
02-02-2019, 06:59 PM
The ball can't keep a player onside. You can't be offside if you are behind the ball. Read the law before moaning at refs. He got lots wrong but was spot on with that a pity Rocky made such an arse of it

The Green Goblin
02-02-2019, 07:04 PM
You can't be offside if you are behind the ball. Read the law before moaning at refs. He got lots wrong but was spot on with that a pity Rocky made such an arse of it

First save maybe, but I counted three Aberdeen players and zero Hibs players who followed up.

wookie70
02-02-2019, 07:04 PM
First save maybe, but I counted three Aberdeen players and zero Hibs players who followed up.and they were all onside at all points

One Day Soon
02-02-2019, 07:05 PM
First save maybe, but I counted three Aberdeen players and zero Hibs players who followed up.

I think it was Bartley who made little to no effort to prevent the initial shot - had he blocked that the goal wouldn't have happened.

The Green Goblin
02-02-2019, 07:06 PM
and they were all onside at all points

My point is, it’s not just Rocky who made an arse of it. He could have done with a bit of help.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 07:07 PM
You can't be offside if you are behind the ball.

I'm pretty sure you can. :greengrin

You can't be offside if you're behind the ball when a team mate plays it to you, as you are behind that player. So in a situation where 2 or more players break the offside trap, one of those players can pass the ball to a team mate behind him, even if he is also ahead of the last defender.

The question here however is whether Mackay-Steven was standing behind his team mate when his team mate took the shot. I haven't seen any replays yet, but at the time, I thought he was well ahead of him.

James-6.2-3.2
02-02-2019, 07:29 PM
I would love one manager in a scottish league to have the balls and when you have a clown like the day and take your team of the park and remind the fourth official there’s 2 teams playing.

hibbysam
02-02-2019, 07:33 PM
The one second half where the lino was flagging frantically for a foul to hibs, only for him to ignore him and give us a throw in was utterly appalling. The free kick where considine got booked he pulled back about 15 yards to where it started, ignoring the continuous pull and then the subsequent foul by Shinnie. Utter clown.

hibeerealist
02-02-2019, 07:38 PM
We are soft as **** boys. You tell me how the hell other teams get away with it. They challenge every decision where it becomes the norm. Whats the ref gonna do book every player that disagrees with him? Other teams are at it all the time which puts pressure on the ref not to make these borderline decisions.

Spot on

wookie70
02-02-2019, 07:40 PM
My point is, it’s not just Rocky who made an arse of it. He could have done with a bit of help.
Agreed but the biggest culprit was Rocky with an appalling attempt at a save for the first shot. The Aberdeen players got a couple of yards on the defenders who gave up. It happens but isn't what you want to see.

wookie70
02-02-2019, 07:42 PM
The one second half where the lino was flagging frantically for a foul to hibs, only for him to ignore him and give us a throw in was utterly appalling. The free kick where considine got booked he pulled back about 15 yards to where it started, ignoring the continuous pull and then the subsequent foul by Shinnie. Utter clown.

Those two are the best example from the game imo. The throw in for a free kick was bizarre but the Shinnie foul would have led to the ball being spotted in the perfect position for Mallan instead of 5 yards further back. Shainnie should have been booked for the foul and the other boy for the pull back.

J-C
02-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Shocking ref and the worst I've seen all season, the booking he gave Kamberi was one of the worst decisions in a long time, no wonder managers go ballistic all the time.

RoscoHibby
02-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Clown. Absolute clown.

percy veer
02-02-2019, 07:56 PM

Been saying it for years hibs are not street wise e.g going down holding a ankle, time wasting , standing in front of the ball before free kicks, utter ***** bags

percy veer
02-02-2019, 07:59 PM

It's up to a hibs player to take one for the team a d noise him up

emerald green
02-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Don Robertson is the latest referee to be rightly criticised on this forum, and I'm fairly sure the same happens on other clubs' fans forums.

The only way I can envisage refereeing standards to be improved is to introduce professional referees, plus the introduction of VAR.

It would also help improve the game if there was a clampdown by referees on the "tactics" now being adopted by more and more clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen. In other words, referees have to start doing their jobs properly.

percy veer
02-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Don Robertson is the latest referee to be rightly criticised on this forum, and I'm fairly sure the same happens on other clubs' fans forums.

The only way I can envisage refereeing standards to be improved is to introduce professional referees, plus the introduction of VAR.

It would also help improve th
e game if there was a clampdown by referees on the "tactics" now being adopted by more and more clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen. In other words, referees have to start doing their jobs properly.

Var wound only rectify offside, not shinnie and Berra like characters

PaulSmith
02-02-2019, 08:31 PM

All three instances the referee and his linos got right.

emerald green
02-02-2019, 08:31 PM

VAR isn't the be all and end all, but it would help referees to make the correct decisions for vital calls on whether a "goal" is onside or offside, and whether a penalty should or should not be awarded, i.e. potential game changing decisions.

It's up to referees to do their jobs properly and deal with the antics of players like those you mention.

Tornadoes70
02-02-2019, 08:32 PM
The thing is with the likes of Don robertson etc is that there's absolutely no accountability when they have openly biased against certain teams performances. When did anyone ever hear of a ref being demoted or other action taken against them for games like ours against Aberdeen. Its a closed shop and one that's always been considered to be of a certain persuasion.

Robertson couldn't have been more openly biased in his decision making than if he'd worn an opposition top today. However, the ref supervisor will probably report him as being perfectly competent today.

I'd certainly like to see more players being robust in surrounding the ref and making their feelings known. It was that bad today.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 08:34 PM

What VAR is allowed to look at is at the discretion of the governing body.

02-02-2019, 08:36 PM
The referees have been consistently awful for about 20 years. It’s always worse when it’s a poor hibs team.

PaulSmith
02-02-2019, 08:36 PM
The ball can't keep a player onside.

Read the rules mate.

BlackSheep
02-02-2019, 08:43 PM

Definitely didn’t get the first point about where to take the free kick from!!

CMurdoch
02-02-2019, 08:48 PM

If what you say is correct does that not make a lot of folk on here clowns as they are unable to make the correct decision despite having hours to think about it and are not even savvy enough to know or even look up the rules of the game before mouthing off?

Carheenlea
02-02-2019, 08:52 PM
It’s the same thread almost every week but with different names. Standards continue on a downward spiral with no improvement in sight. Always hits harder in light of a defeat.

PaulSmith
02-02-2019, 08:56 PM
If what you say is correct does that not make a lot of folk on here clowns as they are unable to make the correct decision despite having hours to think about it and are not even savvy enough to know or even look up the rules of the game before mouthing off?

I wouldn’t call anyone on here a clown but they can also be wrong.

Hedlund12
02-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Was it not him who refereed the Hibs Hamilton 6 0 game?
I'm sure it was and he was complimented on this forum.
In that game he didn't have to make one booking... from an "officials rating" perspective it was a breath of fresh air.

Today he made my blood boil..
16 fouls listed in the stats for today's game... I WISH we had the balls to foul Aberdeen 16 times!

ANY time an Aberdeen player went to ground they got something for it! The only positive I took from today's game is... I don't have to watch Aberdeen week in week out.
(Apologies to those around me in the West who had to endure my outbursts and expletives)

I can safely say the man in the middle got under my skin...

Don Robertson.. if you have the courage to be looking at a Hibs forum and you read this...
I hope your next $h!T is a hedgehog!

matty_f
02-02-2019, 09:22 PM

:agree: Nicely put.

PatHead
02-02-2019, 09:31 PM
My biggest problem with him is that he never appeared in control of the match.

He let Aberdeen dictate to him, we need to be more streetwise.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Read the rules mate.

I know the rules and that statement is a complete over simplification. You're not onside, simply by being behind the ball. You're behind the ball if the goalkeeper parry's it back out. But if you were in an offside position when the shot was taken by your team mate, by the letter of the law, you're offside.

PaulSmith
02-02-2019, 09:39 PM
I know the rules and that statement is a complete over simplification. You're not onside, simply by being behind the ball. You're behind the ball if the goalkeeper parry's it back out. But if you were in an offside position when the shot was taken by your team mate, by the letter of the law, you're offside.

If when ball is played by a teammate and you are behind the ball you are onside. I can’t make it any more simple than that, I think we agree on this?

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 09:42 PM
If when ball is played by a teammate and you are behind the ball you are onside. I can’t make it any more simple than that.

I'm aware of that. But that wasn't the situation. A player took the shot, the goalkeeper thumbled at it and another player knocks it into the net. So it becomes a case of whether the player that scored the goal was in an offside position when the ball initially left their team mates foot from the initial shot.

wookie70
02-02-2019, 09:43 PM

You are onside simply by being behind the ball when it is played. It really is that simple and defenders make no difference.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 09:45 PM
You are onside simply by being behind the ball when it is played. It really is that simple and defenders make no difference.

It was a shot, not a pass. So it's a question of whether the player who scored or not was in an onside or offside position when the initial shot was taken by their team mate. It's the goalkeeper that makes no difference.

CMurdoch
02-02-2019, 09:50 PM

Would you think they were a clown but just tell them they were wrong? :wink:

Weegreenman
02-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Agree with the O.P

Kamberi’s yellow card was disgraceful incompetence

PaulSmith
02-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Agree with the O.P

Was the yellow card not for obvious dissent, seemed that way to me??

PaulSmith
02-02-2019, 09:57 PM
I'm aware of that. But that wasn't the situation. A player took the shot, the goalkeeper thumbled at it and another player knocks it into the net. So it becomes a case of whether the player that scored the goal was in an offside position when the ball initially left their team mates foot from the initial shot.

Just in case we are talking at cross purposes are you saying that GMS was offside or not?

matty_f
02-02-2019, 10:00 PM

It was. The yellow was fine, or at least it would have been if he'd given a yellow to Shinnie for exactly the same thing. On more than one occasion.

PaulSmith
02-02-2019, 10:05 PM
It was. The yellow was fine, or at least it would have been if he'd given a yellow to Shinnie for exactly the same thing. On more than one occasion.

Fair point but we should be able to control what’s within our gift to control. We have no influence over a referee disciplining the other team.

Weegreenman
02-02-2019, 10:05 PM

Never saw or heard that tbh. If that was the case then fair enough. Sitting up in the gods, it’s not always the best place to be it seems :greengrin ref was still honking though :agree:

matty_f
02-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Fair point but we should be able to control what’s within our gift to control. We have no influence over a referee disciplining the other team.

I don't think anyone is arguing that mate, I think we're justified to feel aggrieved that the referee didn't apply the rules fairly though.

WeveGotMcginn
02-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Flo clearly onside when through on goal in the first half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 10:34 PM

Consistency, within the laws of the game, are entirely within the gift of the referee. Entirely.

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2019, 10:40 PM
Flo clearly onside when through on goal in the first half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree even held up his run to be in front of the Aberdeen defence and only ran through after the ball was played in full view of the stand side linesman

Absolute disgrace!

PaulSmith
02-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Consistency, within the laws of the game, are entirely within the gift of the referee. Entirely.

I don’t think the laws mention consistency. Interpretation maybe.

Tornadoes70
02-02-2019, 10:51 PM

Don Robertson was entirely consistent today, consistently s@#@e towards us for the vast majority of the game. Every game against us Shinnie persistently fouls which for almost any other player would result in at least being booked yet the referees won't take action against him. Its getting beyond a joke.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 10:52 PM

I never suggested the laws did. Consistency is the very least anyone should expect from an official in a single game. Most of the laws of our game need little interpretation. The consistency of that officiating however, is interpreted differently in certain quarters.

Do you think he called those yellow card decisions regarding dissent / conduct correctly today, ie; Kamberi yes, Shinnie not?

matty_f
02-02-2019, 10:52 PM

It would be nice if they could interpret it the same for us as they do for every other **** though.

Eyrie
02-02-2019, 10:56 PM
Kamberi was booked for less of a reaction than that which got Shinnie a talking to.

That summed up Robertson's afternoon.

matty_f
02-02-2019, 10:57 PM
Kamberi was booked for less of a reaction than that which got Shinnie a talking to.

That summed up Robertson's afternoon.

Not as succinctly as "Don Robertson is a useless incompetent cheating *******".

Eyrie
02-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Not as succinctly as "Don Robertson is a useless incompetent cheating *******".

Conceded.

hibsquaker
02-02-2019, 11:13 PM
We clearly can't beat them, we need to join them. We need to be cuter with our dives etc. Depressing I know. Mciness needs to write a manual. Must be brutal watching Aberdeen.

Jones28
02-02-2019, 11:53 PM
He was awful. It's the the first time this season Kamberi has received a yellow card for **** all and been wrestled at every given chance.

green.oracle
03-02-2019, 12:49 AM

Can you explain why instead of making a bland statement??

CMurdoch
03-02-2019, 01:54 AM
He was awful. It's the the first time this season Kamberi has received a yellow card for **** all and been wrestled at every given chance.

Kamberi was booked for petulant behaviour after committing an obvious foul.
Shinnie is much cuter, he complains to referees to put pressure on them but doesn't lose his **** like Kamberi did today and did in the derby.

What we should be annoyed about with regard to the referee is when Kamberi was erroneously called offside when fantastically played in by Slivka in the first half. The pass and run were both perfectly timed.
This was the significant decision that the referee got wrong and it may well have cost us a goal.

Instead we get all this drivel about Shinnie and the referee not booking him.
If you watch the game back on ALBA you will see Shinnie is fouled as much as he fouled the opposition.

The main reason we lost today was the mistake by Marciano for the 2nd goal. Nothing to do with the referee just a bad error by one of our players.

Tornadoes70
03-02-2019, 02:25 AM
Kamberi was booked for petulant behaviour after committing an obvious foul.
Shinnie is much cuter, he complains to referees to put pressure on them but doesn't lose his **** like Kamberi did today and did in the derby.

What we should be annoyed about with regard to the referee is when Kamberi was erroneously called offside when fantastically played in by Slivka in the first half. The pass and run were both perfectly timed.
This was the significant decision that the referee got wrong and it may well have cost us a goal.

Instead we get all this drivel about Shinnie and the referee not booking him.
If you watch the game back on ALBA you will see Shinnie is fouled as much as he fouled the opposition.

The main reason we lost today was the mistake by Marciano for the 2nd goal. Nothing to do with the referee just a bad error by one of our players.

Good referees are conspicuous by being anonymous. Robertson managed to infuriate the vast majority of our support today bar you it seems.

He was honking towards us and Shinnie gets away with continuous persistent fouling every time against us. The game before at ER when Aberdeen visited I remember Shinnie being allowed to roam around persistently fouling yet no action was taken.

Not entirely blaming Robertson for the defeat but he certainly aided Aberdeen with some baffling decisions.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

BlackSheep
03-02-2019, 06:41 AM
Why do so many think that those who criticise the officials are instantly saying that the ref is the reason we lost!!! Most occasions that’s not what anyone is saying!

But you have to take into consideration how poor officiating does affect the outcome of the match... take for example a player persistently fouls and isn’t reprimanded, thensaid player commits a foul to save a goal scoring chance in which he is finally booked... if said player had already been booked there are two scenarios that would play out...

1. Said player is sent off for a second bootable offence.

2. Said player does not commit the foul in the knowledge he may be sent off... our player then has an opportunity to score.

Both scenarios are could be game changers.... yet the piss poor officiating prevents them from occurring!!

Yes there ends up being unknown factors and hypotheticals but it’s like the butterfly effect... the smallest poor decision can actually effect the whole of the rest of the game...

This is why VAR isn’t the answer in Scotland, cos most of the crap refereeing comes in the middle of the park where VAR wouldn’t be used!!

The only answer is to sack all the current officials and employ foreign full time officials who have no allegiance to any Scottish teams!!

Phil MaGlass
03-02-2019, 06:56 AM
If yi think oor ref wis bad, what aboot the twat at the StMirren game 4 penalties, and one was ootside the box??? Scottish refs need tae be dumped and give us the foreign boys back, biased *******s.

JimBHibees
03-02-2019, 08:11 AM

Kamberis yellow was blatant cheating no other word.

Robertson has an issue with Flo probably Hibs also ignored numerous fouls on him all day, blatant ones in first half Considine arms over his neck hauling him to the ground, second half near edge of the box Flo on ball pulled back about 3 times play on.

Flo uses shoulder to protect ball is suddenly a foul, then same reaction as the golden child Shinnie couldn't get card out quick enough.

This is the same ref who gave Hibs 2 fouls at parkhead in 90 mins including a number of fouls on Flo again ignored.

hibbysam
03-02-2019, 08:22 AM

If what the poster is saying is true about shaws offside then they didn’t get it right. Free kick should be taken from where the offside is called, not where the defensive line is.

PaulSmith
03-02-2019, 08:32 AM
If what the poster is saying is true about shaws offside then they didn’t get it right. Free kick should be taken from where the offside is called, not where the defensive line is.

An “early” offside flag allows for the free kick to be taken from where the player is. Its common sense and happens 4 or 5 times a game, I’m not sure why this incident is being highlighted as being incorrect?

A player in an offside position .. may be penalised before playing or touching the ball, if, in the opinion of the referee, no other team-mate in an onside position has the opportunity to play the ball.

we are hibs
03-02-2019, 08:37 AM

That one with the linesman had me raging. It was obvious he was flagging for a foul and the referee chose to ignore him.

PaulSmith
03-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Can you explain why instead of making a bland statement??

McKay-Steven is behind the ball when May shoots, keeper saves it and he taps in rebound. Goal.

Shaw is in an offside position when shots comes in, a deflection is not considered a deliberate act and therefore Shaw is correctly ruled as offside.

CockneyRebel
03-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Been saying it for years hibs are not street wise e.g going down holding a ankle, time wasting , standing in front of the ball before free kicks, utter ***** bags

Let's stop calling it being "street wise" eh. Call it by it's proper name - cheating. MnInnes must have learnt his job from the Don Revie book of "How To Play The Ref Like A Violin".

Fife-Hibee
03-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Let's stop calling it being "street wise" eh. Call it by it's proper name - cheating. MnInnes must have learnt his job from the Don Revie book of "How To Play The Ref Like A Violin".

Is it cheating? How can it be cheating if the laws that govern our game in this country allow them to get away with it time and time again?

hibbysam
03-02-2019, 10:59 AM
An “early” offside flag allows for the free kick to be taken from where the player is. Its common sense and happens 4 or 5 times a game, I’m not sure why this incident is being highlighted as being incorrect?

A player in an offside position .. may be penalised before playing or touching the ball, if, in the opinion of the referee, no other team-mate in an onside position has the opportunity to play the ball.

Not sure I’m understanding this point. He’s only committing an ‘offside’ offence when he becomess active in play, ie attempting to play the ball or directly interfering with the opponent. The flag can’t go up until the offence is committed. Standing in an offside position isn’t an offence. The free kick is taken from where the offence occurs, ie when he finally becomes active and makes a play for the ball, even if that’s 50 yards from where he was originally in an offside position, thus why offside free kicks can now be taken in your own half.

Danderhall Hibs
03-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Is it cheating? How can it be cheating if the laws that govern our game in this country allow them to get away with it time and time again?

The laws don’t let you away with it, it’s the refs not applying the law that lets you away with it. Is it cheating if you take a dive but the ref gives the penalty?

Jack Hackett
03-02-2019, 12:08 PM

It would also help improve the game if there was a clampdown by referees on the "tactics" now being adopted by more and more clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen. In other words, referees have to start doing their jobs properly.

The problem I would have with professional refs is that it would probably be the same refs... they'd just get paid more money for the same **** performances

emerald green
03-02-2019, 12:17 PM
The problem I would have with professional refs is that it would probably be the same refs... they'd just get paid more money for the same **** performances

Possibly, but something has to be done though to try to improve things, because a) refereeing like yesterday at ER and Ibrox for example just isn't good enough imo and b) I'm sick and tired of the same old nonsense and inconsistency from referees week after week.

GreenCastle
03-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Same old same old..

Until football follows rugby with respect and microphones plus injury replacements it will still lag behind.

BlackSheep
03-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Not sure I’m understanding this point. He’s only committing an ‘offside’ offence when he becomess active in play, ie attempting to play the ball or directly interfering with the opponent. The flag can’t go up until the offence is committed. Standing in an offside position isn’t an offence. The free kick is taken from where the offence occurs, ie when he finally becomes active and makes a play for the ball, even if that’s 50 yards from where he was originally in an offside position, thus why offside free kicks can now be taken in your own half.

Yes, this is correct and is the letter of the law and has been for a few years now.

Jonnyboy
03-02-2019, 12:54 PM
BBC stats indicate Aberdeen had 7 fouls awarded against them. That’s Shinnie accounted for then

BlackSheep
03-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Our game is saturated with bias and until that is gone from the game then no game will go officiated as fairly as they all should.

We would be better wiping the slate clean and employing English refs or even refs from further afield who have no genuine love for any Scottish team.

VAR unfortunately is not the answer. I support its use and hope for an introduction in Scottish football but the decisions that tend to decide games are not always penalty shouts or offsides... the number of free kicks we are not given within range of a Mallan free kick or giving us a chance to get it in the box is phenomenal, as well as the number of fouls our opponents get away with is sickening! These decisions are not under VAR review specs.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-02-2019, 01:26 PM
The clue is in the name folks.... in the name... :)

Famous Fiver
03-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Aberdeen were penalised 7 times in 98 minutes. That is one foul every 14 minutes.

Was not the way I saw it. At one stage they were committing a foul every 14 seconds!!

JimBHibees
03-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Aberdeen were penalised 7 times in 98 minutes. That is one foul every 14 minutes.

Was not the way I saw it. At one stage they were committing a foul every 14 seconds!!

The same ref that gave Hibs only 2 fouls in the Celtic 4-2 game.

Partyraiser
03-02-2019, 03:50 PM
The officiating in yesterday's game was appalling. The linesman at the west stand side was a complete joke, and Robertson allowed himself to be conned by Aberdeen all afternoon. Has anyone seen a replay of kamberi's "offside" when he went clean through in the first half? He looked miles onside and that he'd timed his run to perfection from where I was sitting.

How none of the officials got wise to the fact that it was ever an Aberdeen player who originally collected the ball to take a throw, who actually took the throw is beyond me. The ball couldn't have been in play for more than half of the 90 odd minutes but I don't think a single livestock molester got booked for timewasting. Anti football won again

Wee Effen Bee
03-02-2019, 03:55 PM

Definitely!

hibbysam
03-02-2019, 08:25 PM
The officiating in yesterday's game was appalling. The linesman at the west stand side was a complete joke, and Robertson allowed himself to be conned by Aberdeen all afternoon. Has anyone seen a replay of kamberi's "offside" when he went clean through in the first half? He looked miles onside and that he'd timed his run to perfection from where I was sitting.

How none of the officials got wise to the fact that it was ever an Aberdeen player who originally collected the ball to take a throw, who actually took the throw is beyond me. The ball couldn't have been in play for more than half of the 90 odd minutes but I don't think a single livestock molester got booked for timewasting. Anti football won again

I thought the pass was delayed a split second too long and he had, marginally, went too early. I was bang in line in the east but it happened so quick that i could’ve got it wrong also.

pedroorange1875
03-02-2019, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=PaulSmith;5695649]McKay-Steven is behind the ball when May shoots, keeper saves it and he taps in rebound. Goal.

Absolutely spot on, however the play is very very fast and was very difficult to freeze frame to analyse but when i managed it the one thing that is very noticeable via the grass lines which i used to determine GMS position is that the linesman is yards behind any decent line that would be very significantly needed at that speed, therefore a made up call as in the cold light there is a hint of offside enough to put up a flag. Either that or we have the most amazing accurate officials and i think we all know we dont

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-02-2019, 08:38 PM
I thought the pass was delayed a split second too long and he had, marginally, went too early. I was bang in line in the east but it happened so quick that i could’ve got it wrong also.Looked onside when I froze the screen when watching it back on iplayer.

hibbysam
03-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Looked onside when I froze the screen when watching it back on iplayer.

I was trying to find it but couldn’t for the life of me remember when it was.