PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen FC

Unseen work
02-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Cannot stand them as a club or their fans.

But you’ve got to give them credit imo with how they keep winning games.

Theyre everything were not at the moment, solid defensively and can score and create chances going forward.

Defence and the 2 midfielders give nothing away whatsoever. Shinnie and Young Ferguson are constantly in our midfielders face making it difficult for them.

They have match winners in GMS, Stewart, Cosgrove, Wilson and McGinn.

They have the balance sorted and know how they will play every game.

Enfuriating to see them brush us over every game.

BullsCloseHibs
02-02-2019, 04:41 PM
I like the first paragraph and agree wholeheartedly.

The rest? Nah.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 04:52 PM
**** Aberdeen shower o diving time wasting *******s!

Beefster
02-02-2019, 04:55 PM
To be fair, McInnes obviously has them coached well. Very disciplined and it can’t be coincidence that, as soon as someone signs for them, he turns into a diving, niggly, obstructive prick.

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 04:58 PM
They know how to win a game of football, get a lead then pretty much defend the whole game after that with the odd breakaway

Malthibby
02-02-2019, 05:00 PM
I like the first sentence and agree wholeheartedly.

The rest? Nah.

Fixed that for you....

danhibees1875
02-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Hate Aberdeen. Hate GM Steven.

They were average, we were average, and they ended up winning.

we are hibs
02-02-2019, 05:21 PM
They know exactly how to play us and it works for them almost every single time.

truehibernian
02-02-2019, 05:22 PM
GMS was superb both attacking and defending today - our players should watch and learn how you defend from the top and watch Aberdeen pressing. Lewis didn’t get a moments peace from GMS and David Gray couldn’t get forward due to them being compact across the midfield.

New manager needs to be in place soon - Bartley, Milligan, McGregor and Mallan - all in a starting line up !!! Not an ounce of pace between them.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 05:23 PM
I’ve said it a few times over the last couple of season (and it usually sounds like sour grapes) but they are a really negative team. I don’t think I could watch that crap week in week out, even if they do consistently finish 2nd.

Albanian Hibs
02-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Hate Shinnie, hate mackay stevens, hate Aberdeen and their boring fans

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Top team

Whether we like it or not

truehibernian
02-02-2019, 06:08 PM
Top team

Whether we like it or not

An organised team whose players know their job and are comfortable in possession and work hard to get it back and force errors. A ‘whole is greater than the sum of all parts’ team who’ll always do well. They have game intelligence and kill the game at the right time which comes from good coaching. Some say time wasting and yes there was lots today - but they’re masters at it and we need to master it too.

roo62
02-02-2019, 06:11 PM
An organised team whose players know their job and are comfortable in possession and work hard to get it back and force errors. A ‘whole is greater than the sum of all parts’ team who’ll always do well. They have game intelligence and kill the game at the right time which comes from good coaching. Some say time wasting and yes there was lots today - but they’re masters at it and we need to master it too. Spot on 👍

SneakersO'Toole
02-02-2019, 06:12 PM
An organised team whose players know their job and are comfortable in possession and work hard to get it back and force errors. A ‘whole is greater than the sum of all parts’ team who’ll always do well. They have game intelligence and kill the game at the right time which comes from good coaching. Some say time wasting and yes there was lots today - but they’re masters at it and we need to master it too.

Exactly. Such behaviour and mentality breeds winning football matches.

Something Hibs need to get better at.

matty_f
02-02-2019, 06:14 PM
They have a motto "stand free" which is ****ing ironic because the dirty ****s fall down if you breathe near them.

LustForLeith
02-02-2019, 06:15 PM
I think they’re a very well organised, physicality team with creative elements who seem to be well managed by McInnes.

I’d rather be in their position than ours.

Lago
02-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Hate Aberdeen. Hate GM Steven.

They were average, we were average, and they ended up winning.
Their average is better than our average apparently.

hibbydog
02-02-2019, 06:17 PM
They know how to win a game of football, get a lead then pretty much defend the whole game after that with the odd breakaway

If we won 1-0 every week playing like that, I’d be delighted

emerald green
They're only sheep ******* bar stewards. They know how to kill a game, that's for sure.

Ozyhibby
They are a well run club. We are miles behind them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbydog
100%

cabbageandribs1875
02-02-2019, 06:18 PM
again, i'd gladly exchange our 'now and then' wins against the old firm for the excellent record aberdeen teams have against non-old firm teams, yes please :agree:

Leith Green
02-02-2019, 06:19 PM
They play football the Hearts way. Physical , break up the opponents play with cynical fouls , win a lot of second balls. Dire to watch but quite obviously very effective for them. They also seem to literally get away with whatever they want by the referees in Scotland

truehibernian
02-02-2019, 06:19 PM
They have a motto "stand free" which is ****ing ironic because the dirty ****s fall down if you breathe near them.

Mallan and Milligan committed so many needless fouls Matty it gave the Dons ample opportunity to kill the flow of the game and eat into the clock. We fouled needlessly and too often. That’s bad footballers, can’t criticise Aberdeen. Our players need to get tight but refrain from nudges and hands on the back. Milligan is especially bad for it.

Golden Bear
02-02-2019, 06:23 PM
They were miles better than us today. They have good players who work their socks off both on and off the ball. Their movement and all round professionalism is something we can only dream about right now.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 06:24 PM
If we won 1-0 every week playing like that, I’d be delighted

Maybe you would - there’d be a lot of complaining on here though. Lose a couple of games and the manager would have a load of folk on his case.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 06:25 PM
I said to my mate “professionalism” would be the term used, I call it cheating.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Exactly. Such behaviour and mentality breeds winning football matches.

Something Hibs need to get better at.

I don’t pay money to watch players do all they can to avoid taking throw ins or fart about for ages when knocking in dead balls, surround referees like intimidating brats or hit the ground like whimpering saps when an opponent comes within two yards of them.
Their much- BBC- vaunted ‘game management’ includes such time wasting tactics as having your sub goalie sit at the back of the dug out instead of getting his gloves on when his mate is clearly having a stretcher brought on for him.

They might be ‘good’ at this whatever all that entails, but I’m glad Hibs aren’t. It’s ****ing turgid not good.
The ball must have been in play for about 60 of the 90mins today. Horrid to watch They’ll win **** all and McInnes couldn’t coach a team of decent footballers to save his life.

Richard Gordon is a ****.

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 06:26 PM
One league win at home against Aberdeen in over a decade

Wow

SneakersO'Toole
02-02-2019, 06:27 PM
One league win at home against Aberdeen in over a decade

Wow

Surely not?

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 06:29 PM
I don’t pay money to watch players do all they can to avoid taking throw ins or fart about for ages when knocking in dead balls, surround referees like intimidating brats or hit the ground like whimpering saps when an opponent comes within two yards of them.
Their much- BBC- vaunted ‘game management’ includes such time wasting tactics as having your sub goalie sit at the back of the dug out instead of getting his gloves on when his mate is clearly having a stretcher brought on for him.

They might be ‘good’ at this whatever all that entails, but I’m glad Hibs aren’t. It’s ****ing turgid not good.
The ball must have been in play for about 60 of the 90mins today. Horrid to watch They’ll win **** all and McInnes couldn’t coach a team of decent footballers to save his life.

Love it. Absolutely spot on.

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Surely not?

There are a lot of draws in there too. I've seen many a dire 0-0 with them over the last ten years. We've also battered them afew times and never got the breaks, including in a semi final or two.

matty_f
02-02-2019, 06:30 PM

Great post, agree with every single word.

The goalie not being ready was inexcusable, the ref should have booked the **** but as per, turned a blind eye.

SneakersO'Toole
02-02-2019, 06:31 PM

I want Hibs to win football matches above all else. How they do it I don't care. I'll still feel the same at full time.

Time to drop this free flowing football nonsense that is apparently enshrined in club DNA and change it to a win at all costs mentality.

I suspect the vast majority of fans would be much happier.

Hi Heid Yin
02-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Sadly, they have us in their pocket in terms of results (not necessarily performances).

They are solid, well-drilled and damn difficult to break down..........and, in our case, beat!

Hiber-nation
02-02-2019, 06:33 PM
I want Hibs to win football matches above all else. How they do it I don't care. I'll still feel the same at full time.

Time to drop this free flowing football nonsense that is apparently enshrined in club DNA and change it to a win at all costs mentality.

I thought all we played was long ball according to some on here?

I think we should be more streetwise but there's a happy medium in there somewhere. We had it last season.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 06:35 PM

I’ve explained what I don’t enjoy watching.
Aberdeen don’t win all the time, they are putrid.
If you are old enough to remember Alex Miller and Bertie Auld you’ll think again about that last sentence,

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 06:37 PM
I said to my mate “professionalism” would be the term used, I call it cheating.

We can call it what we want, but there is one definitive term that sums us up today and that's "losing". If the only way not to lose is to *****bag our way to victory, then so be it.

SneakersO'Toole
02-02-2019, 06:40 PM
I’ve explained what I don’t enjoy watching.
Aberdeen don’t win all the time, they are putrid.
If you are old enough to remember Alex Miller and Bertie Auld you’ll think again about that last sentence,

Not comparable or valid as neither manager you mention above achieved consecutive 2nd place finishes for four years and multiple cup final appearances.

hibbydog
02-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Maybe you would - there’d be a lot of complaining on here though. Lose a couple of games and the manager would have a load of folk on his case.

Winning is everything.

I’m totally fed up getting beat then complaining about how the opposition play. It’s pathetic, especially after derbies where we all too often take the moral high ground since we can (sometimes) play nice football.

I’d swap that for playing like a big physical efficient WINNING team like Aberdeen.

Yes, I want to be entertained. But Winning is the be all and end all

hibby6270
02-02-2019, 06:42 PM

Nailed it.
Sad but true.

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Not comparable or valid as neither manager you mention above achieved consecutive 2nd place finishes for four years and multiple cup final appearances.

His point, which is valid, is that Aberdeen don't win trophies.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Winning is everything.

I’m totally fed up getting beat then complaining about how the opposition play. It’s pathetic, especially after derbies where we all too often take the moral high ground since we can (sometimes) play nice football.

I’d swap that for playing like a big physical efficient WINNING team like Aberdeen.

Yes, I want to be entertained. But Winning is the be all and end all

I said it after we beat them 2-0 last year however I accept it looks like sour grapes today.

I want to win i’d just prefer to win by not playing like that. And you’ve probably noticed that they’ve won next to nothing under McInnes so if winning is everything he might need to take a different approach.

emerald green
02-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Aberdeen are regular bottlers when it comes to them playing Celtic and The Rangers. Check out their record at Ibrox for example.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 06:48 PM

Don’t think multiple cup final appearances is something we have been short of do you?

The managers I mentioned had fairly good records whilst alienating the support.
Entirely valid, entirely comparable taking your observation about the ‘vast majority of fans’ into context. You’re wrong about that in my opinion.

Aberdeen, I’ll say it again, win very little (less than us in 20 odd years) and are horrible to watch.

I’m leaving it at that mate. Not a last word thing, more that I can’t be arsed debating about that shower any further.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Aberdeen are regular bottlers when it comes to them playing Celtic and The Rangers. Check out their record at Ibrox for example.

That's because they don't get away with those "tactics" against Celtic and The Rangers. But as long as they can get away with it against anybody else, they're always in with a good shout of finishing best of the rest.

Keith_M
02-02-2019, 07:10 PM
After watching how they play football the last two seasons, I'm now in the 'can't stand them' camp.

****housery at it's very worst.

SneakersO'Toole
02-02-2019, 07:24 PM
His point, which is valid, is that Aberdeen don't win trophies.

My point, which is also valid, is they are a more successful club that Hibs. Both historically but more pertinently, currently.

hibbydog
02-02-2019, 07:32 PM
I said it after we beat them 2-0 last year however I accept it looks like sour grapes today.

I want to win i’d just prefer to win by not playing like that. And you’ve probably noticed that they’ve won next to nothing under McInnes so if winning is everything he might need to take a different approach.

Yep. I’d love be to be able to choose between winning ugly and winning pretty. I’d settle for any kind of win.

At the moment we’re losing ugly 😀

OsloHibs
02-02-2019, 08:26 PM
I hate Shay Logan. Gonna enjoy watching them struggle next season when they lose Shinnie.

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 08:41 PM
I hate Shay Logan. Gonna enjoy watching them struggle next season when they lose Shinnie.

Difference is they will replace him. They lost two good midfielders last season and have brought in Ferguson and Stewart.

nonshinyfinish
02-02-2019, 09:00 PM
The ball must have been in play for about 60 of the 90mins today. If so, then it was in play for longer than the average: http://www.soccermetrics.net/team-performance/effective-time-in-football

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 09:06 PM
If so, then it was in play for longer than the average: http://www.soccermetrics.net/team-performance/effective-time-in-football

Reading that link = worse than watching Aberdeen.

nonshinyfinish
02-02-2019, 09:08 PM

You're welcome

Glory Lurker
02-02-2019, 09:10 PM
Wish they'd got relegated back in 2000 or 2001, whenever it was.

hibsfan7
02-02-2019, 09:11 PM
What a sower of dirty gets that they are shinnie why does he NEVER GET BOOKED?

Hibeesmad
02-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Derek has done a fantastic job there, can’t see them slipping from 3rd. Kilmarnock and Hearts battling for Europe. Killie to edge it

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 09:13 PM

You're welcome

:hilarious

The Harp Awakes
02-02-2019, 09:42 PM
Derek has done a fantastic job there, can’t see them slipping from 3rd. Kilmarnock and Hearts battling for Europe. Killie to edge it

McInnes knows the way to get points in the SPFL; be physical, defensive, player intimidation of the ref, fall to the ground at the slightest contact, etc, etc. He has also however mixed that with assembling some decent players; GMS, Shinnie and Stewart.

Very noticeable that when Hibs players were fouled today they try to stay on their feet = naive.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-02-2019, 10:18 PM
You would want Shinnie in your team though. Whatever hold he has over the referees is priceless.

matty_f
02-02-2019, 10:18 PM
You would want Shinnie in your team though. Whatever hold he has over the referees is priceless.

He'd lose it as soon as he came to us. Like Gollum taking the ring off.

Eyrie
02-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Aberdeen are very effective at what they do.

But I couldn't watch that approach to football every week. I'd rather win some and lose some by playing proper football.

Jones28
02-02-2019, 11:00 PM

Great analysis

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Surely not?

A sad truth

Panda
02-02-2019, 11:22 PM

Aberdeen have beaten Rangers twice in Glasgow this season, and are unbeaten in the last four against them.

Daydreamer
02-02-2019, 11:27 PM
Aberdeen have beaten Rangers twice in Glasgow this season, and are unbeaten in the last four against them.

Thorougly professional performance today and in the last few years never seen a team work so hard to get the ball back.

Real Emerald
03-02-2019, 12:12 AM
He'd lose it as soon as he came to us. Like Gollum taking the ring off.

There is no way on this Earth Shinnie would get away with his antics playing for Hibs. None of the commentators even mention or questions it, he’s untouchable with Aberdeen, different story if he was a Hibs player. Can’t stand him.

CMurdoch
03-02-2019, 12:33 AM
There is no way on this Earth Shinnie would get away with his antics playing for Hibs. None of the commentators even mention or questions it, he’s untouchable with Aberdeen, different story if he was a Hibs player. Can’t stand him.

Of course he would get away with his complaining if he played for us. He gets his points across to referees without losing his **** like Kamberi does. This is the key. It is a skill.

Ozyhibby
03-02-2019, 12:44 AM
Of course he would get away with his complaining if he played for us. He gets his points across to referees without losing his **** like Kamberi does. This is the key. It is a skill.

And our midfielders probably fouled just as much as him today. Just not as cleverly.

Real Emerald
03-02-2019, 01:19 AM

I don’t thinks so, the referee today gave us nothing and everyone in the ground could see the advantage Aberdeen were getting, especially Shinnie. They done everything in the book to slow the game, deliberately foul, dive and time waste. The ref bought the lot! When we were being fouled he done nothing and when our frustration boiied over our players were booked. Anyone who condones cheating rather than football is as bad as the ref and I would hate to watch a team like that. Maybe after years and years of going to games it’s coming to an end for me if that what our fans would like to see. And yes we’re guilty of being naive to all of it but it doesn’t make it right.

emerald green
03-02-2019, 10:53 AM

Yes, but if you look a bit more closely at Aberdeen's record at Ibrox, you will find that their win at Ibrox (1-2) in 2017 was their first win there in twenty-five (25) years. A quarter of a century! Aberdeen's previous win at Greyskull coming in September 1991.

That's what I was referring to in my earlier post.

Hermit Crab
03-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Cannot stand them as a club or their fans.

But you’ve got to give them credit imo with how they keep winning games.

Theyre everything were not at the moment, solid defensively and can score and create chances going forward.

Defence and the 2 midfielders give nothing away whatsoever. Shinnie and Young Ferguson are constantly in our midfielders face making it difficult for them.

They have match winners in GMS, Stewart, Cosgrove, Wilson and McGinn.

They have the balance sorted and know how they will play every game.

Enfuriating to see them brush us over every game.

They get no credit for the bit in bold yesterday, the credit goes to our shambolic defence and terrible goalkeeping who gifted them a win.

emerald green
03-02-2019, 11:00 AM
They get no credit for the bit in bold yesterday, the credit goes to our shambolic defence and terrible goalkeeping who gifted them a win.

:agree: