PDA

View Full Version : Crying out for new signings in January

SaulGoodman
02-02-2019, 04:16 PM
And we don’t start any, why??

Iain G
02-02-2019, 04:19 PM

They have only trained with the club for a day or two at most? They aren't fully match fit? May/Murray decided to go with other players?

chinaman
02-02-2019, 04:20 PM
just buy yer season ticket for next season and all cash will be spent on players to make us great again ...signed L.DEMPSTER hibernian f.c

Hibbyradge
02-02-2019, 04:23 PM
just buy yer season ticket for next season and all cash will be spent on players to make us great again ...signed L.DEMPSTER hibernian f.c

Are being sarcastic?

If not, you're quite correct.

If you are, what do you think happens to our income?

SaulGoodman
02-02-2019, 04:27 PM
They have only trained with the club for a day or two at most? They aren't fully match fit? May/Murray decided to go with other players?

I’m no conspiracy theorist but it seemed like a big FU to the board

Beefster
02-02-2019, 04:39 PM

Hardly. Unless you are suggesting that Eddie May and Grant Murray don’t care about keeping their jobs.

SaulGoodman
02-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Hardly. Unless you are suggesting that Eddie May and Grant Murray don’t care about keeping their jobs.

Well he definitely doesn’t want the managers job that’s for sure.

Beefster
02-02-2019, 04:43 PM
Well he definitely doesn’t want the managers job that’s for sure.

As he’s said repeatedly. The suggestion that either of them would sabotage the club to send a message is ludicrous though.

Centre Hawf
02-02-2019, 04:44 PM

Let's be honest. This caretaker situation they're in has no reflection on their normal jobs. Whenever we hire someone they both go back to their jobs. They don't give a hoot about what happens.

BullsCloseHibs
02-02-2019, 04:45 PM

I wouldn't have thought they would have the balls to do such a thing. Hardly see loads of clubs waiting to pounce for the two of them.

Beefster
02-02-2019, 04:47 PM
They don't give a hoot about what happens.

Right. Sounds pish bordering on utter pish but you’ve stated it as a fact so who am I to dispute it.

Scotty Leither
02-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Where was the risk for Eddie May today? We played a midfield that coughed up the ball on countless occasions because they're slower than a week in the jail and there's nobody in that line-up that started that can play a decent ball into the channels.

He brings our flagship loan signing on (Gauld) for 13 minutes when Aberdeen were running the clock down and expects him to make an impact?

When I saw the line-up pre-match it was similar to the sharp intakes of breath when you saw the team and formations that the then manager put out at Motherwell and Kilmarnock, and according to some that was Lennon working his ticket.

May's stated he doesn't want the job anyway, so why put out such a pedestrian line-up? It's not as if he's going to get the sack, after all.:confused:

SaulGoodman
02-02-2019, 04:49 PM
As he’s said repeatedly. The suggestion that either of them would sabotage the club to send a message is ludicrous though.

What I was meaning was, how many of these January signings would May have had a say in? Maybe he didn’t start any as a way of proving a point.

Beefster
02-02-2019, 04:51 PM
What I was meaning was, how many of these January signings would May have had a say in? Maybe he didn’t start any as a way of proving a point.

I’d be more inclined to think that he picked a team of ‘established’ players as a comfort blanket tbh. I thought the team was a mistake and it smacked of taking the safe option. Like someone said earlier, he’s got nothing to lose so would be nice to see him taking a risk.

eastcoasthibby
02-02-2019, 05:01 PM
I cannot see why we went to a back 3 today, keeping a back 4 and putting Milligan in instead of Bartley, would have done today. Gauld and Slivka and Birigaemia in midfield. Mallan just doesnt contribute enough in the overall game, so time to get him to work harder for his starting jersey. Kamberi and Shaw up front was right but there needs.tobe a plan about how they get service !!
Substitutions today it seems were of Lennons standard.and.timing when we were struggling in the last third again ...anyway another game passes by where we fail to deliver a decent performance and not get.as.much from our.players as they are capable, hopefully new manager in quickly give the team.leadership and a lift. We have some talented players and need.to.establish a style of play and desire to win across the team not just from 2-3 players....a lot of work ahead of Wednesday !!!

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 05:17 PM
I cannot see why we went to a back 3 today, keeping a back 4 and putting Milligan in instead of Bartley, would have done today. Gauld and Slivka and Birigaemia in midfield. Mallan just doesnt contribute enough in the overall game, so time to get him to work harder for his starting jersey. Kamberi and Shaw up front was right but there needs.tobe a plan about how they get service !!
Substitutions today it seems were of Lennons standard.and.timing when we were struggling in the last third again ...anyway another game passes by where we fail to deliver a decent performance and not get.as.much from our.players as they are capable, hopefully new manager in quickly give the team.leadership and a lift. We have some talented players and need.to.establish a style of play and desire to win across the team not just from 2-3 players....a lot of work ahead of Wednesday !!!

We played 5 at the back because we need that many because they are too slow to play with 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk