02-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Fast becoming our new scapegoat. Been decent in a poor team for weeks now

Agreed but with Whittaker out the team someone had to fill in

Diclonius
02-02-2019, 04:16 PM
He was fine.

euro Hibby
First half he was fine. One of the few ! If you want to chuck something at some one it could be rocky today or Whittiker...........for not playing .
Aberdeen were good.

Hibbyradge
He had a good game.

hibbie02
02-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Get tae ****.brutal.

Here we go again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CA Hibby
02-02-2019, 04:21 PM
How did I know this thread would be along. The script is easy to follow. Me I personally felt he played well settled into his role and at least was trying to drive us forward.

Centre Hawf
02-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Can’t understand what folk see in him. Absolutely useless.

my left peg
02-02-2019, 04:24 PM
The midfield were awful

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Glad some were actually watching the game. Far from our worst.

BegbieHSC
02-02-2019, 04:28 PM
What game were you watching? For me he was MOTM - great drive, passing, defending.

I dont think anyone was terrible fwiw...apart from the ref, who had a shambolic performance.

Aberdeen were jammy as, and it’s daylight robbery they won.

tamig
02-02-2019, 04:35 PM
Get tae ****.brutal.

Really? My MOTM today.

calumhibee1
02-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Very poor today.

mcfly
02-02-2019, 04:38 PM
What game were you watching? For me he was MOTM - great drive, passing, defending.

I dont think anyone was terrible fwiw...apart from the ref, who had a shambolic performance.

Aberdeen were jammy as, and it’s daylight robbery they won.

MOM. Oh dear

Terrible player - shouldn’t be in first team ahead of Gauld

Todaybthe team was set up far too defensive.

We are a shambles at the moment and a bottom 6 team

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Defence of Slivka on here is as half hearted as his effort most weeks. He was ‘alright’ or ‘ wasn’t the worst’ or ‘at least he was trying’.
Would Aberdeen or Hearts want him? no? So why are we putting up with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
02-02-2019, 04:45 PM
He just always ok . Not bad. Rarely good. Just ok most of the time.

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 04:52 PM
If Slivka had been released on Thursday, who else in the Spfl would have taken him? Serious question? Maybe St.mirren? Dundee?

SChibs
02-02-2019, 04:54 PM
If Slivka had been released on Thursday, who else in the Spfl would have taken him? Serious question? Maybe St.mirren? Dundee?

I reckon killie would have taken him or possibly St Johnstone. Both teams above us in the league

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 04:54 PM

Probably every team except celtic and rangers

number9dream
02-02-2019, 04:55 PM
We’ve got lots of inconsistent midfielders.
All of them are, in fact, and it’s getting really annoying.
Throw in our inconsistent forwards, our inconsistent defenders and our inconsistent goalies and you start to see a pattern emerging.
If Bartley is crocked, give Bigirimana & Omeonga a start in the middle at Celtic.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2019, 04:55 PM

Would go abroad away from this league and do well. Good player. Been our best for weeks.

Malthibby
02-02-2019, 04:58 PM
I like Slivka, he had a good first half, but did very little in the second & I wanted him off.
I assume May wanted to keep him for his physical side but would have taken him off instead of Mallan.

Sioux
02-02-2019, 05:00 PM
I reckon killie would have taken him or possibly St Johnstone. Both teams above us in the league

No chance. They'd want triers.

ShadesLongThrow
02-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Gave a lot more than MOM Stevenson. One of the few that plays with his head up.

BegbieHSC
02-02-2019, 05:01 PM
MOM. Oh dear

Ok.

1. Gauld’s an attacking midfielder, not a centre mid.

2. What was it he did today that upset you?

3. It’s ridiculous that some on here feel the need to have a go-to scapegoat whenever we get a bad result. Honestly cannot understand the slating of Slivka’s performance today. Folk did the same with Fyvie, Stokes, and now Slivka. Probably the worst thing about this forum.

CMurdoch
02-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Aw naw it's the weekly Stevie Wonder thread :confused:

mcfly
02-02-2019, 05:02 PM

Rubbish

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 05:03 PM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hiber-nation
02-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Should do far more than he does but was still one of our best players today.

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 05:04 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I forgot you are the Oracle of football coaching so know more than everyone

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Rubbish

No its not

crash
02-02-2019, 05:06 PM
I like Slivka, he had a good first half, but did very little in the second & I wanted him off.
I assume May wanted to keep him for his physical side but would have taken him off instead of Mallan.

His physical side? Are you serious, he can't tackle, doesn't know how to press the ball and was second best today ( not the only one ).

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 05:15 PM
I forgot you are the Oracle of football coaching so know more than everyone

I know a failing midfield when I see one.

mcfly
02-02-2019, 05:16 PM
No its not

So he’s gonna get in the Aberdeen,hearts, killie. St Johnstone team?

No he wouldn’t - he shouldn’t be in our team

random sub
02-02-2019, 05:17 PM
Slivka was decent/ okay I thought. Our midfield was over run today and I am pretty sure that Gauld from the start wouldn’t have been the answer

mcfly
02-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Our midfield is a shambles.

Aberdeen over ran us in midfield.

We gifted them 2 goals and that is the story of the season.

Balance of team is all wrong and that is why we are 8th

Hermit Crab
02-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Slivka was good, Stevenson was howling and should never have gotten straight back in the team.

SMAXXA
02-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Slivka was good, Stevenson was howling and should never have gotten straight back in the team.

He was poor I agree only positive is it’s a game and fitness in the tank after being out injured but not sure if would have been this game I’d have started him in after seeing him today

Centre Hawf
02-02-2019, 05:21 PM

If he was in any other team he’d have been sent packing by now.

Speedway
02-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Silvka was our tidiest and most accurate passer today.

The OP needs to do a fact-check.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Silvka was our tidiest and most accurate passer today.

The OP needs to do a fact-check.

He usually is neat and tidy, I wish he'd shoot more though!

Hermit Crab
02-02-2019, 05:25 PM
He was poor I agree only positive is it’s a game and fitness in the tank after being out injured but not sure if would have been this game I’d have started him in after seeing him today

I don't know how many times he got rinsed by GMS or Stewart but it was a few times, Gray wasn't much better, he was clearly struggling at 60 or minutes and I'm amazed he finished the game to be honest.

HAZ2000
02-02-2019, 05:28 PM
His physical side? Are you serious, he can't tackle, doesn't know how to press the ball and was second best today ( not the only one ).

He is very hard to push off the ball. Quicker than he looks too

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 05:30 PM

Yup he probably would, he is no where near as bad as some of the coaches on here would have you think

green with envy
02-02-2019, 05:30 PM
Get tae ****.brutal.

I'd prefer if you got to ....

supermcginn
02-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Average joe

Speedway
02-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Also the player who passed the ball forward into the final third the most today

HappyAsHellas
02-02-2019, 06:03 PM
I find it strange that people pick on one of our best players today as if he was at fault for the result. Makes you wonder what some people see, or do they all like a really good bevy pre match?

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 06:04 PM
I find it strange that people pick on one of our best players today as if he was at fault for the result. Makes you wonder what some people see, or do they all like a really good bevy pre match?

Some people have formed opinions on players and won't ever change their minds

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 06:04 PM
5/10. Mostly tidy but irrelevant to the game overall.

franck sauzee
02-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Was really good first half. Looked cooked the last 20 minutes or so I would agree. Deary me some poor threads on here tonight

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 06:10 PM
5/10. Mostly tidy but irrelevant to the game overall.

That’s him every game.

tamig
02-02-2019, 06:12 PM
That’s him every game.

You seem to have a vendetta against him. Some poor stuff from you tonight. Thought you were above that kind of stuff.

Leith Green
02-02-2019, 06:14 PM
I thought he either passed the ball backwards or ran the ball into blind alleys all game.

Unseen work
02-02-2019, 06:21 PM
I think he should be better than he is.

He makes good passes, seems to drift past players with ease but doesn’t do it enough.

i was him to dominate teams, I’m not sure he has that aggression that’s required to be a top midfielder.

hibeerealist
02-02-2019, 06:26 PM
Really? My MOTM today.

Opinions eh, you think a MOM performance and others, myself included, thought he was poor - as they say “he did not even get the strip dirty” sorry I really cannot see what you and others see in him.

Dont dislike the guy it is just that I fail to see what he brings to the team, sorry!

Weegreenman
02-02-2019, 06:32 PM
That midfield today was honking! Slivka & Mallen aren’t good enough and big Marv is.......well big Marv!

BoomtownHibees
02-02-2019, 06:34 PM
He was ‘awrite’. Like every other game

HAZ2000
02-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Unreal that Slivka is getting a huge chunck of the blame today considering Bartley looked amateur

Hi Heid Yin
02-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Defence of Slivka on here is as half hearted as his effort most weeks. He was ‘alright’ or ‘ wasn’t the worst’ or ‘at least he was trying’.
Would Aberdeen or Hearts want him? no? So why are we putting up with him?

This is my take on him too...and most definitely neither Hearts or Aberdeen, indeed Killie would want him.

He is no more than "average" - a middle of the table-type player who is "neat and tidy at best" and "invisible" at worst.

For the bulk of Stevenson's career I thought the same, but Stevenson has moved up a level these past couple of seasons and now he is someone I greatly admire.

Maybe Slivka needs to be here 10 years to "convince" me similarly

Leith Green
02-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Unreal that Slivka is getting a huge chunck of the blame today considering Bartley looked amateur

Bartley and mallan were horrendous, slivka poor.

J-C
02-02-2019, 06:56 PM
He was just ok, passing at times rotten, had a couple of wee runs but is purely back up/rotation, definitely not a starter.

TheCabbage
02-02-2019, 07:05 PM
If he’s not a starter who is then?

Golden Bear
02-02-2019, 07:08 PM
He was just ok, passing at times rotten, had a couple of wee runs but is purely back up/rotation, definitely not a starter.

I agree. We seem to have this debate most weeks, The Slivkonians v The Realists. He just doesn't do enough over the course of 90 mins to impress me.

Tobias Funke
02-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Get tae ****.brutal.

I didnt think he was at his best today but brutal is OTT.

I feel he’s too soft, I’d like to see him get stuck in a bit more.

LaMotta
02-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Slivka is either a 6 or 7 out of ten most weeks.

He was vastly overrated on here by some following the early winner at Ibrox and his link to Juventus and the fact he has international caps.

Having said all that I quite like him, but he needs better players around him to make things happen. He's a cog in a team that would never let you down but rarely lights up a game either.

However I cant believe he is being singled out for being poor today! For me he was one of our better players today, although that possibly says a lot about the level of this Hibs team right now.

bordergreen
02-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Get tae ****.brutal.

I just don't get the dislike for Slivka. I think he is a good player. Opinions eh.....

brianmc
02-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Slivka is either a 6 or 7 out of ten most weeks.

He was vastly overrated on here by some following the early winner at Ibrox and his link to Juventus and the fact he has international caps.

Having said all that I quite like him, but he needs better players around him to make things happen. He's a cog in a team that would never let you down but rarely lights up a game either.

However I cant believe he is being singled out for being poor today! For me he was one of our better players today, although that possibly says a lot about the level of this Hibs team right now.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.
Slivka is usually average to decent.
To pick him out for criticism today though is mental when you compare some of the other players on show.
Stevenson, poor. McGregor, woeful. Gray, a man short.
Hanlon?? FFS, quite possibly his worst ever performance!
So, aye, Slivka isnae Messi but dearie me to single him out today is bonkers.

LaMotta
02-02-2019, 07:44 PM
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.
Slivka is usually average to decent.
To pick him out for criticism today though is mental when you compare some of the other players on show.
Stevenson, poor. McGregor, woeful. Gray, a man short.
Hanlon?? FFS, quite possibly his worst ever performance!
So, aye, Slivka isnae Messi but dearie me to single him out today is bonkers.

The chat about him being brutal is as far off the mark as the early chat about him being a "baller".

BBC radio commentary apparently picked him out as being one of our better players today as well.

skipster7
02-02-2019, 07:57 PM
I though he was always there or thereabouts but rarely tenacious enough. Just seems happy enough to drift through games without much of an impact. For a guy his size he needs to be far more aggressive for me. We really need a mobile aggressive tackler in our midfield and the big lad is falling short imo

Tyler Durden
02-02-2019, 07:58 PM
I think people are basically tired of waiting for Slivka to step up and dominate a game.

As others have said, he’s consistently decent. A 6 generally. Fans are recognising that despite our patience, this is the player we have and he’s just not that great.

H18S NX
02-02-2019, 08:03 PM
We need some hairy ass aggression in our midfield,Barts is past it.

cmcd
02-02-2019, 08:10 PM
How did I know this thread would be along. The script is easy to follow. Me I personally felt he played well settled into his role and at least was trying to drive us forward.

I agree .Thought he was our best midfielder today

SideBurns
02-02-2019, 08:18 PM
I thought Slivka was our best midfielder today, but that's probably damning with faint praise.

The Leith Dutch
02-02-2019, 09:49 PM
MOM. Oh dear

Gauld and Slivka aren't remotely playing for the same jersey imo.
Odd comparison to make.

Eyrie
02-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Slivka reminds me of the guy on Football Manager who has great stats but never gets above 7.0 as a rating.

There's a decent player in there, if only we could find out how to get him to perform consistently, but until then he's nothing to get excited about either way.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Slivka reminds me of the guy on Football Manager who has great stats but never gets above 7.0 as a rating.

There's a decent player in there, if only we could find out how to get him to perform consistently, but until then he's nothing to get excited about either way.

You're always worse on football manager when you take that player out though. Hibs are definitely worse without Slivka.

hibsquaker
02-02-2019, 10:08 PM
Why are we talking about Slivka. ? We should be talking about Mallen.... Waste of a shirt for months.

Eyrie
02-02-2019, 10:13 PM
You're always worse on football manager when you take that player out though. Hibs are definitely worse without Slivka.

I'd be willing to find out by replacing him with Omeonga or Bigirimana for a couple of games.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2019, 10:28 PM
I'd be willing to find out by replacing him with Omeonga or Bigirimana for a couple of games.
Tried that in the first half at Motherwell, horrendous stuff.

HibeeDaz6270
02-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Slivka has consistently been one of our better performers for a number of weeks now.

Hes had better games than today, but by no means was he poor today.

I always wonder what people see, it baffles me the volume of people who dont see or appreciate a player who does simple things well.

I think instead of criticising Slivka, we need to look at those around him to be honest.

Hes not a John McGinn, but hes definately good enough to be a regular starter in our team both now & in the future.

Hopefully our next manager can get a settled team and get the best out of players.

Jones28
02-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Look at all these lads ready to hand in their CV's for the Hibs job 😂

If you think Slivka was poor today then boy oh boy you'll get a fright when you punt him off to Partick or St Mirren

SChibs
02-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Slivka has consistently been one of our better performers for a number of weeks now.

Hes had better games than today, but by no means was he poor today.

I always wonder what people see, it baffles me the volume of people who dont see or appreciate a player who does simple things well.

I think instead of criticising Slivka, we need to look at those around him to be honest.

Hes not a John McGinn, but hes definately good enough to be a regular starter in our team both now & in the future.

Hopefully our next manager can get a settled team and get the best out of players.

I agree. He gets the ball and instead of hoofing it back up he tries to bring it down and lift his head up. The problem is there's usually nobody near him or showing for the ball for a simple pass

Sammy7nil
03-02-2019, 08:35 AM
He just always ok . Not bad. Rarely good. Just ok most of the time.

That sums him up for me, I have never seen him have a great game never grab it by the scruff and control it. He does okay sometimes worse but never better.

Ozyhibby
03-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Amazing how many defend him and the other midfielders.
Slivka, Mallan and Bartley were totally outclassed yesterday by the Aberdeen midfield, although Aberdeen have the luxury of playing 4 in midfield because their defence only has 4 in it.
None of our midfield would get in the Aberdeen team yet still everyone wants to defend them.
To move up from where we are we are going to have to get players. Why should we have to watch inferior players to Aberdeen?

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Amazing how many defend him and the other midfielders.
Slivka, Mallan and Bartley were totally outclassed yesterday by the Aberdeen midfield, although Aberdeen have the luxury of playing 4 in midfield because their defence only has 4 in it.
None of our midfield would get in the Aberdeen team yet still everyone wants to defend them.
To move up from where we are we are going to have to get players. Why should we have to watch inferior players to Aberdeen?

David Gray wouldn't get in Aberdeens team, should we bin him too?

I'm not interested in who would or wouldn't get in Aberdeens team, I judge players based on what they do for Hibs. You've had a problem with Slivka since he signed, same as you did with Holt and Shinnie. About 50% of your posts much be critising those 3 over the last 3 years. Its utterly pathetic.

B.H.F.C
03-02-2019, 09:20 AM

I'm not interested in who would or wouldn't get in Aberdeens team, I judge players based on what they do for Hibs. You've had a problem with Slivka since he signed, same as you did with Holt and Shinnie. About 50% of your posts much be critising those 3 over the last 3 years. Its utterly pathetic.

It’s fine to judge them on what they do for Hibs. Currently, nothing particularly positive.

No surprise that we’ve declined in that area of the pitch when two of the players starting yesterday were subs when we actually had a decent midfield.

Sammy7nil
03-02-2019, 09:22 AM

If we judged players solely on what they do for Hibs currently most of not all if the players would have very low ratings.

Ozyhibby
03-02-2019, 09:28 AM

They are not doing very much for Hibs at all though are they?
Can’t believe you left Whittaker of your list? [emoji6]
If I see a player I don’t rate I’ll say it, whether they are playing for Hibs or not. Too many stick up for every player that pulls on the jersey whether they are good enough or not. This team is failing and I think it’s in the midfield so I’m going to say so.

JohnM1875
03-02-2019, 10:19 AM
I honestly thought this was going to be a positive thread before I opened it. I thought Slivka was easily out best midfielder today and always looked to go forward with the ball. Class with both feet and created more than anyone. He can be annoyingly weak in the tackle at times though. That needs to improve.

HibeeDaz6270
03-02-2019, 10:31 AM
I think a massive problem in midfield is playing Bartley.

He does not want the ball and when he gets it he can be poor & slow on it.

I understand hes in there for a different role, but to be honest if you watch him often he struggles to do that. He loses his man and his positioning is quite poor too. Dont get me wrong, He has had some good games & there is still a use for him but not in my starting 11 most weeks if we are to progress.

A lot of fans seem to just love someone strong and physical who can push someone off the ball, so the odd time he does that seems to make fans ignore what he is lacking in not just football ability but also his positional sense to play that role effectively.

Bigirinman may not have the same physical presence but looks to be eager to get on the ball and take it from the defenders which is key to playing good football. We need someone in there who can do a bit of both and not just take up the space when we are in possession

Famous Fiver
03-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Not read this thread all the way through but I would have Slivka in my team every week.

Not a thud and blunder type player but does not waste a ball and is very aware of what's going on round about him.

A good footballer and I am happy with him.

Opinions, eh? Now, as someone said yesterday, where is that Tin Hat?

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Get tae ****.brutal.

Yer kiddin right? I've been Slivka's biggest critic on here, so much so that I've posted more than once that I wondered why we persist with him. But in the last few games he has been far from our worst player and I thought yesterday he was one of our better players in a performance that wasn't anywhere near as bad as some folk are making out, in fact for me a draw from the game would have been far from undeserved.

hibee_girl
03-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Not read this thread all the way through but I would have Slivka in my team every week.

Not a thud and blunder type player but does not waste a ball and is very aware of what's going on round about him.

:agree: completely agree

Bishop Hibee
03-02-2019, 01:05 PM
I thought Slivka was our best midfielder yesterday. Mallan and Bartley were very poor so not huge competition though.

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2019, 01:25 PM
I thought Slivka was our best midfielder yesterday. Mallan and Bartley were very poor so not huge competition though.
Agree!

Ozyhibby
03-02-2019, 01:36 PM

Some folk are happy with where we are and that’s ok I suppose.

Mibbes Aye
03-02-2019, 01:43 PM
They are not doing very much for Hibs at all though are they?
Can’t believe you left Whittaker of your list? [emoji6]
If I see a player I don’t rate I’ll say it, whether they are playing for Hibs or not. Too many stick up for every player that pulls on the jersey whether they are good enough or not. This team is failing and I think it’s in the midfield so I’m going to say so.

What do you know about midfielders? You never accepted how good Andy Dow was despite me and Loopz being insistent :-)

Famous Fiver
03-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Ozy, I would love to have John McGinn and Paul Pogba in my team every week with Slivka on the bench, but I live in the real world defined by Hibs budget.

We are where we are.