PDA

View Full Version : Going down easily, moaning at the ref, going in hard, feigning injury, wasting time

Diclonius
02-02-2019, 03:59 PM
I'm now no longer subscribed to the fact that we should be moaning about this play from our rivals any more.

I think it's a legitimate psychological tactic and can't be fully policed. Every team that does well in Scotland deliberately sets their team up to act like this and you can either adapt to it or keep losing to teams that aren't bothered whether you call them cheaters or not.

I'd rather we had managers like McInnes, Levein and Wright moan about our tactics and call us unsportmanlike than get beat by these teams time and time again. Do you know why we moan about it all the time?Because teams that play like this beat us, and I'd rather come top of the actual league than the "holier-than-thou-we-play-respectful-football" post-match statement league. Adapt or die.

hhibs
02-02-2019, 04:03 PM
I'm now no longer subscribed to the fact that we should be moaning about this play from our rivals any more.

I think it's a legitimate psychological tactic and can't be fully policed. Every team that does well in Scotland deliberately sets their team up to act like this and you can either adapt to it or keep losing to teams that aren't bothered whether you call them cheaters or not.

I'd rather we had managers like McInnes, Levein and Wright moan about our tactics and call us unsportmanlike than get beat by these teams time and time again. Do you know why we moan about it all the time?Because teams that play like this beat us, and I'd rather come top of the actual league than the "holier-than-thou-we-play-respectful-football" post-match statement league. Adapt or die.

Agreed,we have always been soft,needs to be changed but doubt it will,they always cheat ,we always let them.

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 04:04 PM
Aberdeen are exceptional at what they do

A top team and have been for years

SChibs
02-02-2019, 04:05 PM
2nd half hibs tried to take a throw in and Greg Stewart stood right in front of Stevenson to block the throw. If you start booking players for such obvious stuff like that then they will soon stop.

18Craig75
02-02-2019, 04:09 PM
2nd half hibs tried to take a throw in and Greg Stewart stood right in front of Stevenson to block the throw. If you start booking players for such obvious stuff like that then they will soon stop.

Stevenson should’ve thrown it against him. Then Stewart would’ve got booked. Instead he turned and threw backwards to our detriment.

We need to collectively grow a pair and get more streetwise.

Boyband some would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SChibs
02-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Stevenson should’ve thrown it against him. Then Stewart would’ve got booked. Instead he turned and threw backwards to our detriment.

Boyband some would say.

We shouldn't have to do it. He's gained an advantage for his team by obstruction. The refs probably don't mind as it gives them a few seconds to get in a position for the next passage of play

eastcoasthibby
02-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Exactly right Lennon had a bit more of nip about the team but generally we are far too nice, let players stand over our freekicks to stop us taking them, pick balls up and wander of with them at throw ins and freekicks, dont go down when pushed or held back, none of our players bend the referees ear or speak to him have quiet words during the game about things that happen. Most show no real passion or desire during the game, happy to just be nice to everyone, Slivka, Stevenson, Hanlon, Boyle, Horgan, Milligan, Shaw, Whittaker and so on can't comment on new boys, but lets hope they bring a bit of bite and determination and also, let the officials know what they think of their sh£t decisions ...dont do it blatantly or swear and it will work ...it happens every week successfully so lets stop being the nice compliant soft.touches of th league ...

beensaidbefore
02-02-2019, 04:29 PM

Whilst I don't think it'll catch on, I think you are absolutely spot on.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 04:37 PM
These tactics wouldn't work for us, as we're not viewed as staunch. We're not part of the inner circle.

Despite all of the time wasting, diving, moaning and injury acting. DON Robertson still managed to give them over twice as many decisions as he gave us.

calumhibee1
02-02-2019, 04:40 PM

Boyband some would say.

Why would the ref have booked him? He watched Wilson collect a ball a good few seconds after the whistle went and launch a shot from the halfway line and never booked him. The refs let teams away with it, that’s the issue.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Why would the ref have booked him? He watched Wilson collect a ball a good few seconds after the whistle went and launch a shot from the halfway line and never booked him. The refs let teams away with it, that’s the issue.

But our own would be booked at the very first opportunity. Our players aren't on their best behaviour because they choose to be, they're on their best behaviour, because if we behaved anything like the opposition do against us, we would never finish a game with 11 men.

SChibs
02-02-2019, 04:42 PM

I don't get why refs don't book players for stuff like that. The first time a goalie time wastes get them in the book and you can guarantee they won't be chancing it for the rest of the game. It's common sense

Nakedmanoncrack
02-02-2019, 04:50 PM

Exceptional at grinding out distant second place finishes & losing cup finals, playing ugly cynical football that has only delivered one League Cup to show for it in past couple of decades.

We've not had the consistency, but despite the rollercoaster of ups and downs have won more in that time & I've no doubt enjoyed ourselves more than their fans have watching that every week.

Malthibby
02-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Exceptional at grinding out distant second place finishes & losing cup finals, playing ugly cynical football that has only delivered one League Cup to show for it in past couple of decades.

We've not had the consistency, but despite the rollercoaster of ups and downs have won more in that time & I've no doubt enjoyed ourselves more than their fans have watching that every week.

Yup, we all want to win but if we did it like that (& ultimately never get more than 'best of the rest') then no thanks. It should be the refs sorting it out but that was like a reply of the cup game. Shimmie in particular gets away with murder.
Having said that our defending was Keystone Cops stuff at times.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Meanwhile, at Ibrox. 4 pens given to the stauchers. Here is one of them....

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_02/IMG-20190202-WA0006.thumb.jpg.a3bd427a5c04246e7e6378b3abc749fb. jpg

Andrew Dallas living up to his father.

gaz1875
02-02-2019, 05:10 PM

This is why Scottish football is so bad. Teams that try and play football are given very little protection, referees let themselves get bullied into decisions. Stevie Clarke said as much yesterday after the Hearts game. We lost 2 fouls for shoulder nudges not even tackles, yet our strikers were pulled and shoved all game and won nothing. It doesn't help when our players don't press the opposition mind.

Bishop Hibee
02-02-2019, 05:13 PM

And yet since their last Scottish Cup win in 1990 they’ve only won one League Cup. I’ve seen Hibs win two and a Scottish Cup win. No medals for second place. Underachievers.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-02-2019, 06:24 PM
And yet since their last Scottish Cup win in 1990 they’ve only won one League Cup. I’ve seen Hibs win two and a Scottish Cup win. No medals for second place. Underachievers.

Almost right, they've won 2 League cups in those 29 years.

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 06:25 PM

They've won two

But I get your point

matty_f
02-02-2019, 06:28 PM
But our own would be booked at the very first opportunity. Our players aren't on their best behaviour because they choose to be, they're on their best behaviour, because if we behaved anything like the opposition do against us, we would never finish a game with 11 men.

This. This ten times over in fact.

If our players got the leniency every other team gets we'd be laughing. But we don't.

Take last weekend, Slivka I think, booked for not retreating at a free kick. Correct decision and the ref rightly booked him. But when was the last time a team doing that to us was booked? Because it happens. It happens a lot. Or kicking the ball away, or timewasting.

Oxley used to get booked for time wasting as soon as he did it yet we see it over and over against us.

Does my head in.

One Day Soon
02-02-2019, 06:29 PM
This. This ten times over in fact.

If our players got the leniency every other team gets we'd be laughing. But we don't.

Take last weekend, Slivka I think, booked for not retreating at a free kick. Correct decision and the ref rightly booked him. But when was the last time a team doing that to us was booked? Because it happens. It happens a lot. Or kicking the ball away, or timewasting.

Oxley used to get booked for time wasting as soon as he did it yet we see it over and over against us.

Does my head in.

How do you account for the difference in approach to us?

hibeerealist
02-02-2019, 06:31 PM
exactly right lennon had a bit more of nip about the team but generally we are far too nice, let players stand over our freekicks to stop us taking them, pick balls up and wander of with them at throw ins and freekicks, dont go down when pushed or held back, none of our players bend the referees ear or speak to him have quiet words during the game about things that happen. Most show no real passion or desire during the game, happy to just be nice to everyone, slivka, stevenson, hanlon, boyle, horgan, milligan, shaw, whittaker and so on can't comment on new boys, but lets hope they bring a bit of bite and determination and also, let the officials know what they think of their sh£t decisions ...dont do it blatantly or swear and it will work ...it happens every week successfully so lets stop being the nice compliant soft.touches of th league ...

this

emerald green
02-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Meanwhile, at Ibrox. 4 pens given to the stauchers. Here is one of them....

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_02/IMG-20190202-WA0006.thumb.jpg.a3bd427a5c04246e7e6378b3abc749fb. jpg

Andrew Dallas living up to his father.

Would it have been given at the other end of the pitch to St Mirren? I doubt it. Another reason why VAR has to be introduced.

18Craig75
02-02-2019, 06:37 PM
Truth is we need a nasty b*****d in the team that stands up for Hibs and puts pressure on the ref.

Celtic = Brown
Aberdeen = Shinnie
Hearts = Berra
Kilmarnock = Boyd
Rangers = Halliday

Does my head in.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Truth is we need a nasty b*****d in the team that stands up for Hibs and puts pressure on the ref.

Celtic = Brown
Aberdeen = Shinnie
Hearts = Berra
Kilmarnock = Boyd
Rangers = Halliday

Does my head in.

What we need is a leader. A shark. Not just to put pressure on referees, but to get our very own telt as well. Nobody ever really takes responsibility in our teams. We need a bruiser in the middle of that park. Someone who will break up opposition play, frustrate them to no end and rally the troops forward.

hibbychick1
02-02-2019, 07:58 PM

Boyband some would say.

the ref today would still have missed it ...

Scotty Leither
02-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Yes I commented on that at the time as well, and that's from one of our most experienced players.

Stevenson should've thrown the ball straight at Stewart's hand and make our unaccountable refs actually accountable for applying the rules in our favour for once.

We're simply not as versed in the dark arts as other teams in this league are, and don't get me started on Aberdeen's substitution of their goalkeeper.

I know the boy had a bad one, but he was off the park and Cerny should've been hustled on. He then proceeds to do his warm-up and stretches while he's taking bye kicks!

Not good enough, and our captain and other senior players should be in the ref's ear about it, but it's just not "us" is it?

matty_f
02-02-2019, 08:17 PM
How do you account for the difference in approach to us?

Who knows? Unconscious bias, or conscious bias in some cases.

There will, of course, be an element of us having a blinkered view that supports the narrative that we're treated differently - but I think there are a number of instances that show a demonstrable bias against us. Kamberi picking up a yellow for the exact thing that Shinnie did without punishment being an obvious starter.

tamig
02-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Yes I commented on that at the time as well, and that's from one of our most experienced players.

Stevenson should've thrown the ball straight at Stewart's hand and make our unaccountable refs actually accountable for applying the rules in our favour for once.

We're simply not as versed in the dark arts as other teams in this league are, and don't get me started on Aberdeen's substitution of their goalkeeper.

I know the boy had a bad one, but he was off the park and Cerny should've been hustled on. He then proceeds to do his warm-up and stretches while he's taking bye kicks!

Not good enough, and our captain and other senior players should be in the ref's ear about it, but it's just not "us" is it?
The substitution was outrageous. The stretcher had been beside Lewis for a couple of minutes yet Cerny didn’t get stripped until he was hobbling up past the corner flag at the south end of the West. Blatant time wasting and the ref did nothing.

matty_f
02-02-2019, 08:21 PM
The substitution was outrageous. The stretcher had been beside Lewis for a couple of minutes yet Cerny didn’t get stripped until he was hobbling up past the corner flag at the south end of the West. Blatant time wasting and the ref did nothing.

This is the same ref that asked their right back politely a few times to not time waste in the second half rather than taking any action against them.

The goalkeeper sub was a farce. He should have been booked for it there and then.

Hibeesmad
02-02-2019, 08:23 PM
Today I thought we deserved a draw. Shaw played fantastic first half, one of the best performances from a Hibs player in a long time. Ref gave Aberdeen absolute everything.

Scotty Leither
02-02-2019, 08:29 PM
On a related note, I just noticed on another page that Fatty Boyd is running his mouth in that **** rag The Sun. Never clicked the article but the headline is calling Hibs "a disgrace"?

This is a player from another club in our league publicly slagging Hibs?

If I was Dempster I'd be now filing my disrepute charge complaint to the SPFL and copying in Kilmarnock while I'm at it.

Thought we'd stopped taking guff like this lying down?

matty_f
02-02-2019, 08:32 PM
On a related note, I just noticed on another page that Fatty Boyd is running his mouth in that **** rag The Sun. Never clicked the article but the headline is calling Hibs "a disgrace"?

If I was Dempster I'd be now filing my disrepute charge complaint to the SPFL and copying in Kilmarnock while I'm at it.

We should definitely have a complaint in about it. :agree:

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 08:33 PM

To be fair, he did add five minutes on.
It was the mere three minutes at the end of 90 that nearly evaporated my steaming pish.

The Harp Awakes
02-02-2019, 08:36 PM

Celtic = Brown
Aberdeen = Shinnie
Hearts = Berra
Kilmarnock = Boyd
Rangers = Halliday

Does my head in.

Yes I agree. But some will say it's not Hibs class to be nasty:rolleyes:

Our stadium announcer even thanks the Aberdeen fans for turning up when we're getting pumped FFS. Too soft a Club and have always been.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 08:38 PM

I'm no fan of Boyd or The Sun. But he's free to voice his opinion on whatever he wants. Unless he's slandering the club by falsifying claims, he can say whatever he wants about us.

The Green Goblin
02-02-2019, 08:38 PM
The worst, most blatantly one-sided and inconsistent ref “performance” I’ve seen in a long time.

Scotty Leither
02-02-2019, 08:51 PM
I'm no fan of Boyd or The Sun. But he's free to voice his opinion on whatever he wants. Unless he's slandering the club by falsifying claims, he can say whatever he wants about us.

I beg to differ, FH.

Swap this one round. A player at Kilmarnock is disciplined/suspended by them, and the manager at Easter Road chips in with his tuppence worth that their treatment of that player is a "disgrace" and it's printed in a newspaper.

How do you think the Killie Board would feel or react?

There IS a moral equivalence here; Boyd as a pundit can comment on games all be wants. Boyd as a "professional" has guidelines to abide by when publicly slating other clubs...it's called "bringing the game into disrepute" and managers have been called into the SFA before to explain their comments in similar situations.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 08:59 PM
I beg to differ, FH.

Swap this one round. A player at Kilmarnock is disciplined/suspended by them, and the manager at Easter Road chips in with his tuppence worth that their treatment of that player is a "disgrace" and it's printed in a newspaper.

How do you think the Killie Board would feel or react?

There IS a moral equivalence here; Boyd as a pundit can comment on games all be wants. Boyd as a "professional" has guidelines to abide by when publicly slating other clubs...it's called "bringing the game into disrepute" and managers have been called into the SFA before to explain their comments in similar situations.

Perhaps, but what he's doing isn't unlawful. He could go to the papers and say "I think Hibs are absolute dug*****".

Classless? Absolutely. Unlawful? Not at all.

It could be argued that the actions taken by our club have put our game into disrepute. But nobody is about to drag them to court over it.

matty_f
02-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Perhaps, but what he's doing isn't unlawful. He could go to the papers and say "I think Hibs are absolute dug*****".

Classless? Absolutely. Unlawful? Not at all.

It could be argued that the actions taken by our club have put our game into disrepute. But nobody is about to drag them to court over it.

It's not unlawful in respect of the law, but I would say it probably goes against SFA or SPFL rules.

If Boyd had no ties to a club then his comments are fair enough, but a registered player with another SPFL side making those comments is not on.

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 09:05 PM
It's not unlawful in respect of the law, but I would say it probably goes against SFA or SPFL rules.

If Boyd had no ties to a club then his comments are fair enough, but a registered player with another SPFL side making those comments is not on.

Id prefer it if Lewis Stevenson did a follow up interview describing Boyd as a fat washed up mess and inviting him outside for a square go.

matty_f
02-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Id prefer it if Lewis Stevenson did a follow up interview describing Boyd as a fat washed up mess and inviting him outside for a square go.

Actually I'm with you on this one. I'd not considered that as an option bit now you say it I think we've got the basis for some new Outside the Box content where first team players take turns each week to describe how much of a fat mess Kris Boyd is.