PDA

View Full Version : Mallan and Slivka

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Right come on people

How much longer do we need to watch these two ?

Babyshamble
02-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Both brutal.waste of a wage

hibee_girl
02-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Slivka was the only one creating any kind of chances today

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Said on the match day thread that Mallan shouldn't have started and I got yapped at, he has been brutal for weeks, apart from 2 shots on goal today he don't hee haw yet again

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 05:02 PM

Both players seem to have their fans but they are chronic

Bottom six players for a bottom six team

Forza Fred
02-02-2019, 05:02 PM

That was the way I saw it too

makaveli1875
02-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Slivka was fine and Mallan had a tough shift against shinnie. Dry yer pants man

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Slivka was fine and Mallan had a tough shift against shinnie. Dry yer pants man

We keep getting this

When will folk wake up and realise these two just aren't good enough

500miles
02-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Silly defensive mistakes cost us today, Mallan and Slivka were fine. We shouldve sacraficed a centre half to give an option in the middle.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Yeah, Slivka sold the winner and Slivka gave away a pen and Slivka missed all those chances.

Best player for weeks, what about Gauld, Gray, Marciano? All poor today.

SChibs
02-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Thought slivka was fine. At least he tries to get the ball down and play football. If nobody makes themselves available for a pass then what is he suppose to do?

18Craig75
02-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Slivka affected the game. Passed forward, dribbled, played players in.

Mallan I think took a free kick. Gauld must’ve pee’d in May’s cornflakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SChibs
02-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Yeah, Slivka sold the winner and Slivka gave away a pen and Slivka missed all those chances.

Marciano redeemed himself with the pen save and another good 1v1 save second half imo. But he was culpable for the goal and a couple of dodgy kicks

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 05:08 PM

Gauld was barely on the park

HAZ2000
02-02-2019, 05:10 PM
Was Slivka that spilled an easy catch right enough

rotherhamrob
02-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Slivka is fine, agree about Mallan.
Our defence is crap and I'd be tempted to stick Johnson in for mcgregor.

villahibs
02-02-2019, 05:19 PM
Gauld was barely on the park

Probably a good reason for that... he’s been poor since he arrived.

H18S NX
02-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Mallan was gash,his first touch is a foul,Slivka was ok.

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 05:22 PM

Eh, he has played like 2 games and was fine in his first game

tamig
02-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Right come on people

How much longer do we need to watch these two ?

Having a laugh surely? Slivka was good today. Some of his passes and a couple of crosses were excellent.

villahibs
02-02-2019, 05:31 PM
Eh, he has played like 2 games and was fine in his first game

4th game... his 1st was against Elgin! He’s not done a lot since then in my opinion. Probably like I say why he was on the bench today.

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 05:33 PM
4th game... his 1st was against Elgin! He’s not done a lot since then in my opinion. Probably like I say why he was on the bench today.

Sorry my mistake, so 3 games before today

Unseen work
02-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Slivka was alright.
Mallan annonymous
Bartley awful
Gauld anonymous - Been very disappointed with him so far
Bigirimana was good imo and can see what he will bring to the team

Omeonga not getting a look in?

Beefster
02-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Slivka tried to create something. Mallan was back to being Mallan.

villahibs
02-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Sorry my mistake, so 3 games before today

Eh, yeah that’s 4 games 🙈. He’s not been good... I’m amazed anyone can tell me any different to be honest.

Springbank
02-02-2019, 05:39 PM
Aberdeen's midfield showed the level of workrate, fitness and awareness a midfielder needs in the top 6

our mids dont work hard enough, dont look fit enough, so no surprise théy seem to be bypassed when we are défending and struggle to create when we have the Ball.

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 05:41 PM
All three of our midfield were out played today. None of them would get close to the Aberdeen team. And if they are not good enough for Aberdeen then we shouldn’t be settling for them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Eh, yeah that’s 4 games 🙈. He’s not been good... I’m amazed anyone can tell me any different to be honest.

Im amazed that you are judging a player after 3 full games and 16 minutes of another, especially coming from a different league/country

Robbo6-2
02-02-2019, 05:43 PM
It's embarrassing folk defending Slivka.

He is absolutely hopeless. Never a footballer.

Shocking performance today and sums up his time with us.

Should never kick a ball again for us.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2019, 05:44 PM

:faf:

tamig
02-02-2019, 05:45 PM

Deary me.

SChibs
02-02-2019, 05:47 PM

Would hate to see your reaction if a genuinely bad player was to sign for us. If you think Slivka is as bad as you have described above then you really need to lower your standards. He's not Eden Hazard but he's not terrible either

villahibs
02-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Im amazed that you are judging a player after 3 full games and 16 minutes of another, especially coming from a different league/country

He’s not from a different country though and he’s played in this league before. I’m not judging him either, I’m giving you my opinion that his performances in his first four games have benn poor... certainly a lot poorer than Slivka.

Beefster
02-02-2019, 05:49 PM

Wait until you see the thread praising him.

Allant1981
02-02-2019, 05:51 PM
He’s not from a different country though and he’s played in this league before. I’m not judging him either, I’m giving you my opinion that his performances in his first four games have benn poor... certainly a lot poorer than Slivka.

he hasn't played in this league for years, he has been playing a totally different style of football before he came here so of course it's going to take a few games to get up to speed, so you aren't judging him but you think he hasn't been up to much, ok got you now!

CMurdoch
02-02-2019, 05:54 PM

Are you
a. a jambo
b. blind
c. just not much into football

Slivka is one of very few Hibs player who can control the ball and pass it to a player in a Hibs shirt.
Today as all days he did this.
Others were very poor at this basic footballing task.
If you thought that Marvin played better than Slivka I would suggest you watch the match back on Alba

Sioux
02-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Lets be honest Slivka gets on the ball half a dozen times in a game. The other 88 minutes he's a man short, and people question why we get overrun in midfield?

Robbo6-2
02-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Are you
a. a jambo
b. blind
c. just not know much about football

Slivka is one of very few Hibs player who can control the ball and pass it to a player in a Hibs shirt.
If you thought that Marvin played better than Slivka I would suggest you watch the match back on Alba

How many times did he give the ball away today??

6 or 7 times at least.

He creates nothing, can't defend, can't shoot, cant tackle and worst of all he hides.

villahibs
02-02-2019, 06:01 PM
he hasn't played in this league for years, he has been playing a totally different style of football before he came here so of course it's going to take a few games to get up to speed, so you aren't judging him but you think he hasn't been up to much, ok got you now!

I’m not judging him as a player, I don’t doubt he’s decent. What I am saying is he’s been very poor since he came here.
Hopefully that changes soon but he’s been very disappointing so far.

rotherhamrob
02-02-2019, 06:03 PM
How many times did he give the ball away today??

6 or 7 times at least.

He creates nothing, can't defend, can't shoot, cant tackle and worst of all he hides.

You do know that your username gives you away don't you?

Here’s Lucy!
02-02-2019, 06:03 PM

Slivka is ok.

Mallan is crap. Like, really crap.

Gauld was on the park for less than 20% of the game FFS.

Never thought I'd say it, but David Gray is living off his status at the club right now.

Here’s Lucy!
02-02-2019, 06:05 PM
Are you
a. a jambo
b. blind
c. just not much into football

Going by the username, the answer is 'a".

500miles
02-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Slivka is ok.

Mallan is crap. Like, really crap.

Gauld was on the park for less than 20% of the game FFS.

Never thought I'd say it, but David Gray is living off his status at the club right now.
Gray didn't have a great game today, but the stats with and without him this season suggests that you're talking nonsense.

Since90+2
02-02-2019, 06:15 PM

Correct.

J-C
02-02-2019, 08:15 PM
There was no pace between the 3 midfielders, Slivka has a wee burst bust can't pull away from anyone, this all makes for a ponderous build up play, Bartley was shocking today, is back up only.

Hi Heid Yin
02-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Re: Mallan and Slivka

The evidence to date points to a "very average at best" midfield duo.

These two are 2 solid reasons ( and there are many others) why we sit 7th in the table.

Of the two, Mallan at least offers a goal threat when he is played further up the park.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Gray didn't have a great game today, but the stats with and without him this season suggests that you're talking nonsense.

Indeed. Gray was poor today but he's been good this season and we're better with him.

GreenOnions
02-02-2019, 10:11 PM

Agree with this. I think the OP sounds like he wasn't at the game

SRHibs
02-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Slivka has been consistently above average over the past couple of months. Even today he was by no means our worst performer. If I'm taking someone out the midfield to make way for Gauld then it's Mallan 10 times out of 10. Would like to see us try Bartley, Gauld, Slivka, and Omeonga together.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2019, 10:16 PM
I thought Slivka was our best player today although maybe not saying much. I thought he was positive with the ball and at least trying to create things.

Glory Lurker
02-02-2019, 10:18 PM
Slivka was motm for me.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 10:19 PM

Are you still here? Think I’ll spend my tenner on Kickback instead. Maybe call myself something like Robbo, Robbo Wheres Your Wife just in case anyone suspects me as a Hibby.

Sweet Left Peg
02-02-2019, 10:20 PM

Wow

villahibs
02-02-2019, 10:22 PM
Wow

??

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Slivka has been consistently above average over the past couple of months. Even today he was by no means our worst performer. If I'm taking someone out the midfield to make way for Gauld then it's Mallan 10 times out of 10. Would like to see us try Bartley, Gauld, Slivka, and Omeonga together.

What have you seen of Gauld that makes him better than Mallan though?. I’ve seen no evidence of this. He’s not played 90mins. 10 times out of 10 no less! Dearie, dearie me.

cmcd
02-02-2019, 10:30 PM
We keep getting this

When will folk wake up and realise these two just aren't good enough

Slivka was our best midfielder today by a distance
.What is it with some supporters .Must have a scapegoat.Stevenson Whittaker Horgan and now Slivka . Get a grip

500miles
02-02-2019, 10:33 PM
.What is it with some supporters .Must have a scapegoat.Stevenson Whittaker Horgan and now Slivka . Get a grip

Slivka's biggest problem is he isn't McGinn.

Centre Hawf
02-02-2019, 10:35 PM

Cannae be hooped with this Scapegoat patter. If a players getting called out more often than not. Usually means he’s pish. All those players bar Stevenson are.

penihibs
02-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Couple of passengers,if that's were accepting watch the crowd dwindle...

SRHibs
02-02-2019, 10:48 PM
What have you seen of Gauld that makes him better than Mallan though?. I’ve seen no evidence of this. He’s not played 90mins. 10 times out of 10 no less! Dearie, dearie me.

Dearie, dearie me, that's not what I meant. It was a post in support of Slivka, not Gauld. "If I'm taking someone out the team to accommodate Gauld". Maybe Gauld won't be good enough, but if he is, I hope Slivka retains his place in the team.

tanfield
02-02-2019, 10:49 PM
Thought Slivka was decent today although more to come. Lacks confidence but can certainly go past a player. No where near the worst but some folk will continue to use him as a scapegoat.

Mallan had some nice touches but too easily crowded out when pressured.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Dearie, dearie me, that's not what I meant. It was a post in support of Slivka, not Gauld. "If I'm taking someone out the team to accommodate Gauld". Maybe Gauld won't be good enough, but if he is, I hope Slivka retains his place in the team.

I like Slivka too. It’s not about Slivka when it’s about Mallan.....10 times out of 10 you said. You ended up by saying you’d ‘like’ to see a midfield with Gauld in it and not Mallan. I really only asked what you based that on. Gauld has olayed very little time for us and with little effect in the four games I’ve seen him appear. What are you seeing?

Jones28
02-02-2019, 11:30 PM

Gonnae just **** off back tae kickback mate? It's getting old now.

Slivka was willing to try something different and get his foot on the ball this afternoon.

Stuart93
02-02-2019, 11:42 PM
Mallan must be absolutely superb at hide and seek. I can’t belive for a young guy who plays or is meant to play in a more attacking role how slow he is, looks like he’s going backwards. It’s about time he was dropped, was hoping for a good performance after his 2nd half vs st mirren but he was back to being his usual self.

Someone ought to get a grip of our midfield and drum into them “MUST TRACK RUNNERS”

sorrow sorrow
02-02-2019, 11:49 PM
Is it just me that thinks with the right manager and coaching we could have a really good player in Mallan?

Jones28
02-02-2019, 11:50 PM
Is it just me that thinks with the right manager and coaching we could have a really good player in Mallan?

We did have at the start of the season, where's that Mallan gone?

JimBHibees
02-02-2019, 11:51 PM

honestly don't see it neat and tidy but not physical enough and game passes him by too often.

WeeRussell
03-02-2019, 03:31 AM
Cannae be hooped with this Scapegoat patter. If a players getting called out more often than not. Usually means he’s pish. All those players bar Stevenson are.

Nope, just as often it’s folk talking pish.

Hermit Crab
03-02-2019, 05:10 AM

You're never a Hibs fan as a fan would never type such rubbish about th best player on the park yesterday.

Were you even at the game? I expect not.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-02-2019, 05:55 AM
You're never a Hibs fan as a fan would never type such rubbish about th best player on the park yesterday.

Were you even at the game? I expect not.

Interesting choice of username - how many did the wee fat one score in the Derby?

Hermit Crab
03-02-2019, 06:49 AM
Interesting choice of username - how many did the wee fat one score in the Derby?

Not sure how he's lasted so long to be honest.

:hmmm: :kbacker:

Gmack7
03-02-2019, 02:23 PM
the midfield 3 were all poor yesterday
but the worst was Bartley by a country mile, he was horrific

jacomo
03-02-2019, 02:30 PM
We did have at the start of the season, where's that Mallan gone?

I worry he is a bit like Simon Murray in that respect.

Storming start but then other teams work him out and nullify him... either he hasn’t got the variation in his play to counter this or he is not being coached properly.

Here’s Lucy!
03-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Not sure how he's lasted so long to be honest.

:hmmm: :kbacker:

:devil:

basehibby
03-02-2019, 09:41 PM

YOU are an embarassment - clearly you have already made your mind up re Slivka and have become blind to anything good he does as it undermines your preconceived conclusions.

For what it's worth I have been somewhat dissatisfied with Slivka's overall contribution since his signing. However - he has improved with his recent run of games and, while not being a world beater, has shown himself to be a more than decent player. He was certainly nothing like the disaster you describe on Saturday.

Your statements above are utter BS - inane wafflings with little to no connection with reality - and deserve to be called out as such.

jacomo
03-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Lenny never seemed to fancy Slivka and he was clearly a football dept signing rather than the managers. Tbf Slivka hasn’t taken his chances at times.

Lenny did like Mallan but didn’t settle on where to play him.

We’ve got more options in midfield now which is clearly required, but most important of all we need a manager who can get a tune out of this squad and get more consistent performances.

Both players can be part of it but midfield balance is key.

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2019, 11:28 PM
To be fair I thought Slivka was the best in a disappointing midfield on Saturday

He is tidy tricky athletic can see a pass has good awareness pops up with his fair share of important goals there was one run where he drifted past three Aberdeen players as if they weren’t there but he needs to do it more often needs to stop drifting in and out of games

As others have said he has had chances in the past but has never taken them to establish himself

He will only get one chance to make a first impression with the new Head Coach

Juve don’t sign duds!

J-C
03-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Lenny never seemed to fancy Slivka and he was clearly a football dept signing rather than the managers. Tbf Slivka hasn’t taken his chances at times.

Lenny did like Mallan but didn’t settle on where to play him.

We’ve got more options in midfield now which is clearly required, but most important of all we need a manager who can get a tune out of this squad and get more consistent performances.

Both players can be part of it but midfield balance is key.

I agree re Slivka, definitely a not one of Lennon's choices, Lennon did seem to have his favourites by continuing to play certain players even when they're not playing well, he also kept trying to play Mallan as a deep playmaker, not a position that suits him.