PDA

View Full Version : Hibs tv...for the very last time

Bangkok Hibby
02-02-2019, 03:04 PM
I and others have complained about the Hibs tv feed all season. Once again here in Thailand the feed is utter crap. 5 crashes in the first 20 minutes. Unacceptable! Now before those of you with a perfect feed come riding along to its defence can you tell me why everything else for me is ok? I dont watch tv, just netflix and youtube. Both on my phone on a strong 4g signal which is exactly what I do with Hibs tv. I gave up on this match and went to hesgoal. Not one interruption, not one instance of buffering, in a word perfect, which is what I should be getting from Hibs tv for my 12.99 a month.

hhibs
02-02-2019, 03:09 PM
I and others have complained about the Hibs tv feed all season. Once again here in Thailand the feed is utter crap. 5 crashes in the first 20 minutes. Unacceptable! Now before those of you with a perfect feed come riding along to its defence can you tell me why everything else for me is ok? I dont watch tv, just netflix and youtube. Both on my phone on a strong 4g signal which is exactly what I do with Hibs tv. I gave up on this match and went to hesgoal. Not one interruption, not one instance of buffering, in a word perfect, which is what I should be getting from Hibs tv for my 12.99 a month.

Totally agree ,same probllem down here in Spain,woeful.

Lemonade
02-02-2019, 03:12 PM
You might want to check your local interest before spouting your bile towards HibsTV.

Im watching it and it's not skipped a beat all game.

MileHighBees
02-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Also had it cutting out on the Primary Player today
Switched to the Backup Player and that feed has been fine

Bangkok Hibby
02-02-2019, 03:15 PM
You might want to check your local interest before spouting your bile towards HibsTV.

Yea yea, fully expected someone like you to come along. Pleased its perfect for you but for many its sub standard. A wee bit dramatic arent you? Away and enjoy the rest of the match

CMac1988
02-02-2019, 03:24 PM

I rarely have issues but it's dropped a few times today. You can tell it's Hibs as the Verizon splash screen comes up. Stream is still running but the feed has dropped. The same will have happened for you.

Lemonade
02-02-2019, 03:27 PM
I rarely have issues but it's dropped a few times today. You can tell it's Hibs as the Verizon splash screen comes up. Stream is still running but the feed has dropped. The same will have happened for you.

No it's not.
Its not skipped a beat all game.
Not seen the Verizon splash screen at all.

Im not lying . It's been perfect

SRHibs
02-02-2019, 03:28 PM
No it's not.

You’re right, multiple people are just having a bad internet day, and it’s all working perfectly.

hhibs
02-02-2019, 03:29 PM

Bile,what bile,you are a very excitable person it would seem.

Are complaints from paying cutomers allowed in your universe?

Lemonade
02-02-2019, 03:30 PM
You’re right, multiple people are just having a bad internet day, and it’s all working perfectly.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I'm just telling it as it is.
Its been perfect

CMac1988
02-02-2019, 03:34 PM
No it's not.

Fair enough. Dropped here twice and it wasn't the internet either time. No stutters or resolution drops. No black screen and just the Verizon splash screen. Down for a couple of minutes each time it happened. :)

Brummie_Hibs
02-02-2019, 03:34 PM
My official stream on my laptop has been erratic, to the point that I had to resort to radio only. (spoilt my bath)

Second half I watch on IPTV stream on my TV - it was perfect.

So everybody is correct - it is good and bad.

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 03:37 PM

What a strange post

The guy is a customer. If the Hibs feed isn't good enough then he's entitled to query.

AL-Qaholik
02-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Utterly abysmal in the US today, too.
Seen that Verizon screen more than I've seen us make a successful forward pass.

HibeesLA
02-02-2019, 04:03 PM

Netflix and you tube servers will be hosted somewhere more local to your location, whereas Hibs TV are hosted, presumably in the UK. Not sure who hosts Hibs TV, but it would be good if they could do some trace rout tests with users to identify where the lag is being introduced.

Not sure it’s entirely fair to compare a service like Hibs TV to Netflix or You Tube, but I get the frustration.

Might be a good topic for our fan ambassadors to pick up?

HFC_NYC
02-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Today was as absolute disgrace. My stream cut out at least 20 times during the whole game. Just like Bangkok Hibby, my connection is perfectly fine, so this is a problem on the hibs tv side of things. I'm truly grateful for the service hibs tv provides (when it works) but what went on today is totally unacceptable.

Bangkok Hibby
02-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Netflix and you tube servers will be hosted somewhere more local to your location, whereas Hibs TV are hosted, presumably in the UK. Not sure who hosts Hibs TV, but it would be good if they could do some trace rout tests with users to identify where the lag is being introduced.

Not sure it’s entirely fair to compare a service like Hibs TV to Netflix or You Tube, but I get the frustration.

Might be a good topic for our fan ambassadors to pick up?

Ok i take your point. Im not technically minded enough to understand this. But heres a question and Im sure I shouldnt be saying this but my actions were borne out of frustration. Why, when I went to hesgoal, was the feed perfect? It was Hibs tv!!

SChibs
02-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Utterly abysmal in the US today, too.
Seen that Verizon screen more than I've seen us make a successful forward pass.

So it only went down twice? Not that bad.

euro Hibby
02-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Have to say here in Italy , lost the feed about 6 times. Motherwell game , lost 45 minutes and had some problems with st Mirren.
Last year , it was great.

CA Hibby
02-02-2019, 04:18 PM
The feed is usually good for me, here in California, however today was the first time I really got hit with the Verizon screen for about 10 seconds at a time. Missed the foul for the penalty came back when he was running up to shoot.thought WTF..but overall i cant complain as majority of the time the feeds good. Maybe one of these days

IberianHibernian
02-02-2019, 04:28 PM
Perfect picture and sound on back up player .

SingaporeHibs
02-02-2019, 04:31 PM
In Singapore it was nearly a perfect Hibs TV experience. The Verizon screen did come on twice through the entire match but both for very short periods (I wasn’t timing it but it wasn’t much over a minute on both occasions).
I understand people’s frustration but outside the 2 Verizon screen moments I don’t think Hibs TV can be blamed. Picture quality was excellent as i’ve come to expect.
If it’s working in Singapore then others should likely be looking at issues closer to their location for the route of the problem.

Wull
02-02-2019, 04:34 PM
Doon here in South Africa, I have had very few games with decent stream 8 out of 10 are very poor so I unsubscribe then resubscrice months later, but it never improves, sad.

mikewynne
02-02-2019, 04:54 PM
I'm definitely not cancelling, but it went out (with the Verizon slash screen) 6 or 7 times today for me here in California. My internet connection was sitting at a steady 179mbps throughout the game, so it wasn't that.

As others have said, it's been less reliable over the last few months, which is frustrating.

SingaporeHibs
02-02-2019, 05:04 PM
I'm definitely not cancelling, but it went out (with the Verizon slash screen) 6 or 7 times today for me here in California. My internet connection was sitting at a steady 179mbps throughout the game, so it wasn't that.

As others have said, it's been less reliable over the last few months, which is frustrating.
Maybe someone with technical knowledge of Verizons deal with Hibs Tv could help us understand this. Does Verizon UK stream to Verizon sights based around the globe before it then hits local internet companies? (That’s the process we have with my work but I don’t know if Hibs TV operates with the same package/model). Might explain why you and others had different numbers of Verizon screens appearing vs my experience.
When we have issues in the office Verizon can explain when and what problems they have experienced. Although quite often in these situations Verizon will blame Sing Tel and vice versa. Always frustrating

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Verizon is an American based company which means Hibs are probably sending the live feed all the way to a US server, before it gets streamed out. Because the feed is travelling by such a considerable distance, there is potential for disturbances. It has nothing to do with peoples own internet connections. The stream itself continues to function normally, but the feed gets lost on it's way to the server.

Hibs should really ditch Verizon and use a Scottish based server instead. It would be far more stable.

SingaporeHibs
02-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Verizon is an American based company which means Hibs are probably sending the live feed all the way to a US server, before it gets streamed out. Because the feed is travelling by such a considerable distance, there is potential for disturbances. It has nothing to do with peoples own internet connections. The stream itself continues to function normally, but the feed gets lost on it's way to the server.

Hibs should really ditch Verizon and use a Scottish based server instead. It would be far more stable.

Verizon maybe an American company but they have certainly have their own centres all over the world. From my work experience I know we have a Verizon line direct from the UK to Singapore for example. In that example it’s to ensure if any local internet companies go down our feed won’t drop.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Bye

No need to be an arse. Those who can't get to Hibs games who pay their money for the streaming service have every right to complain if they're consistently running into issues that are through no fault of their own.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Verizon maybe an American company but they have certainly have their own centres all over the world. From my work experience I know we have a Verizon line direct from the UK to Singapore for example. In that example it’s to ensure if any local internet companies go down our feed won’t drop.

In that case, i'm not sure. It would make sense for them to have a UK based server. But you would expect it to be a lot more stable than this.

Peevemor
02-02-2019, 05:24 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth_throttling

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 05:26 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth_throttling

That's not the issue here. The stream itself continues to function. It's the feed that goes down. Once the feed drops, it effects everybody using Hibs TV regardless of their internet provider.

Peevemor
02-02-2019, 05:29 PM
No need to be an arse. Those who can't get to Hibs games who pay their money for the streaming service have every right to complain if they're consistently running into issues that are through no fault of their own.As has been said before, but the OP doesn't want to hear, is that the output from Hibs TV is normally fine. What are the Hibs TV team meant to do when a stream's working for the majority of people but isn't for someone in Southern Spain or Taiwan?

By all means cancel your subscription if you want, but I don't see the point in moaning about it on here time and time again.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 05:32 PM
As has been said before, but the OP doesn't want to hear, is that the output from Hibs TV is normally fine. What are the Hibs TV team meant to do when a stream's working for the majority of people but isn't for someone in Southern Spain or Taiwan?

By all means cancel your subscription if you want, but I don't see the point in moaning about it on here time and time again.

The issue they're describing isn't consistent with an issue regarding their own internet connection. The stream still functions, but the live feed is replaced with a stream of the Verizon logo. Which means the feed from Easter Road to the Verizon server has gone down, even although the Verizon server is still streaming away normally to peoples internet providers.

Peevemor
02-02-2019, 05:32 PM
That's not the issue here. The stream itself continues to function. It's the feed that goes down. Once the feed drops, it effects everybody using Hibs TV regardless of their internet provider.When the feed goes down you get the Verizon splash screen. I don't know what the stream was like today (I was out), but the vast majority of the time it's near on perfect.

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 05:34 PM
When the feed goes down you get the Verizon splash screen. I don't know what the stream was like today (I was out), but the vast majority of the time it's near on perfect.

I'm aware of that and that's exactly the problem people have been describing. :greengrin

Peevemor
02-02-2019, 05:37 PM
As for problems with buffering, it's not always down to the Internet connection, it can also be your equipment. For example I get a better stream on via wifi my laptop than on my desktop which is plugged directly into my Internet box.

On one occasion my stream was crap on my PCs, but was great on my phone on 4G.

SingaporeHibs
02-02-2019, 05:48 PM
The number of occasions this happened today are not consistent amongst all the examples given on this thread. Therefore it’s unlikely the problem is actually sitting at ER or the closest/host Verizon centre. What happens after that I’m unsure. As I said before, outside of the 2x 1 minute drops it was a perfect experience. I should also add that it’s pretty rare that I see that Verizon screen at all and I watch pretty much every game. I’ll back out here as I can’t help the thread beyond this knowledge.

mikewynne
02-02-2019, 06:05 PM
I emailed the Hibs TV support to suggest that they look at this thread. I think the inconsistency of number of outages is really good/important feedback for them to investigate with Verizon.

Bangkok Hibby
03-02-2019, 01:05 AM
As has been said before, but the OP doesn't want to hear, is that the output from Hibs TV is normally fine. What are the Hibs TV team meant to do when a stream's working for the majority of people but isn't for someone in Southern Spain or Taiwan?

The reason I come back here is to try to gauge from others who experience problems whats going on. You can repeatedly tell me the stream is good for most but it quite patently is not for many.

It seems you are sick of seeing these posts, specifically mine. Tell you what, ignore me.

Bangkok Hibby
03-02-2019, 01:06 AM
I emailed the Hibs TV support to suggest that they look at this thread. I think the inconsistency of number of outages is really good/important feedback for them to investigate with Verizon.

Thanks, hope it helps.

andyf5
03-02-2019, 06:38 AM
We should be investing in getting this right. I have an international subscription and hibs TV is inconsistent for me. Last year I ended up watching an illegal stream via YouTube in HD rather than the blocky poor hibs TV signal. I can go into certain pubs and see the hibs game live on a 42 inch TV. They invested in identifying when I use a UK bought phone abroad to watch the game and then block me. Other Scottish subscription football sites do not block me.

Salisbury Hibby
03-02-2019, 06:52 AM
I'm fairly sure that HibsTV along with many other football club video distributions are managed by a third party. I think it's The Perform Group.

Hibs should be trying to deal with its customers and suppliers to improve matters.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
03-02-2019, 09:24 AM
I was watching for free on youtube and we lost the picture a few times, just not good enough Hibs TV:greengrin

Keith_M
03-02-2019, 09:38 AM
What a strange post

The guy is a customer. If the Hibs feed isn't good enough then he's entitled to query.

No, you missed the point. Lemonade's has been OK, therefore everybody else complaining is obviously lying.

I'm alright, Jack!

Big90inOz
03-02-2019, 11:11 AM
I had the Motherwell v Livingstone game to start with, anyone else get that prior to kick off ??
By the way I get 9 out of 10 which are great streams, I live in the country and only get speeds of 6.5 Mps.

CMac1988
03-02-2019, 12:50 PM
No, you missed the point. Lemonade's has been OK, therefore everybody else complaining is obviously lying.

I'm alright, Jack!

I rarely have an issue with Hibs TV. Yesterday was the first time the feed has dropped and like many have said it happened twice with each lasting around a minute or two, nothing worth making noise about. That was the only issue I had yesterday.

If we're critiquing then I'd like to see the streams bitrate upped a touch to improve the quality at 720p. It's a little more blurry than it need be unless they're maxing out their upload bandwidth.

AZhibee
03-02-2019, 02:46 PM
No offense meant to OP, but I am in defense of Hibs TV, as I rarely ever have an issue. There always are problems somewhere, and I would have to say that it is down to regional issues.

However perhaps Hibs TV should take note and warn subscribers better about the potential problems. If I paid annual (or monthly) and consistently had problems I would be frustrated too.

I hope that HibsTV can continue despite things like Facebook Live or other things like that. HibsTV is essentially my season ticket and I am grateful for it.

Dalkeith Boy
03-02-2019, 04:23 PM

I had it cutting out every two minutes here in Canada but switched to back up player which solved the problem....hope this helps...

hhibs
03-02-2019, 04:31 PM
When the feed goes down you get the Verizon splash screen. I don't know what the stream was like today (I was out), but the vast majority of the time it's near on perfect.

OK, feel free, crack on wth your comments about those who are complaining and were IN

Hibrandenburg
03-02-2019, 04:34 PM
I tried it a few times several years back and each time it was a let down. I have no problems streaming other online services like Netflix and BBC iPlayer so it's not bandwidth that's the problem. Each time I came back it was said that there's been vast improvements in reliability but obviously it's still an issue. I also remember ordering a couple of games only to have the coverage cancelled at the last minute. Fwiw when it did work it was great but I just don't fancy spending money to spend an afternoon cussing my computer.

Bangkok Hibby
04-02-2019, 12:42 AM
I tried it a few times several years back and each time it was a let down. I have no problems streaming other online services like Netflix and BBC iPlayer so it's not bandwidth that's the problem. Each time I came back it was said that there's been vast improvements in reliability but obviously it's still an issue. I also remember ordering a couple of games only to have the coverage cancelled at the last minute. Fwiw when it did work it was great but I just don't fancy spending money to spend an afternoon cussing my computer.

Sadly thats where I am now. The final realisation was the fact I could watch the Hibs tv feed via "hesgoal" perfectly but not direct from Hibs tv

Forza Fred
04-02-2019, 01:09 AM
Sadly thats where I am now. The final realisation was the fact I could watch the Hibs tv feed via "hesgoal" perfectly but not direct from Hibs tv

Get up at silly O' clock in Sydney: every week to tune in and it's generally been very good this season, but did get the Verizon sign a few times against the Sheep.

Still a lifeline for us out here, and while we would like the clarity of the BBC., I won't be complaining if its only an intermittent problem.

DetroitHibs
04-02-2019, 05:45 AM
I do my best to avoid the score line all day and watch the replay on Hibs TV later at night.

SJNB Hibby
04-02-2019, 11:45 AM
In Canada it was maybe the most disrupted broadcast this season---I had the Verizon screen up maybe half a dozen times, but it either came back quickly or I switched Feeds. until now, this season has been VERY good

hongkonghibee
04-02-2019, 12:54 PM
I had a perfect stream the whole match in Hong Kong. So it really does seem to depend where in the world you live. I ve ry rarely seem to have a problem in the past three seasons. Before that I often had buffering issues which for me hibstv seems to have sorted out. Seems for others in different locations it's got worse recently.

Centre Hawf
04-02-2019, 02:14 PM

So you can watch someone elses uninterrupted feed but not have one yourself? Sounds like the problem is either on your end or more likely an issue with your location. As others have said being able to stream Netflix or iPlayer is redundant as these services have much more local servers etc across the globe which means quicker loading as theres less distance for information to travel.

Unfortunately I have no solution to give you other than perhaps everyone having issues to report it with their locations and it may be something that can be fixed on the end who host Hibs TVs for people in these areas.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2019, 04:36 PM
I'd hazard a guess that 99% of problems are the users end.

PeeJay
04-02-2019, 04:55 PM
The stream has been pretty good generally for me for the past few seasons, but it is getting worse this season- the recent Mortherwell and Aberdeen games had lots of interruptions, far too many to be acceptable. I live in Berlin, my ISP is not the problem, nor is my PC nor my equipment. The problem obviously lies elsewhere, as it always has done when the service has serious streaming problems. Maybe all the people watching the HIbs TV feed "for free" are impacting on the stream and overloading the system? Bit like the Hibs Net system crashing when too many are on it at once? Hibs TV know how many subscribers they have - are they keeping tabs on how many are actually using their feed? Maybe there have been some cutbacks in the service?

What I really want to know though is - will I still be able to watch the live stream on Hibs TV in a "no-deal" Brexit ... :greengrin

skyehibee
05-02-2019, 07:37 AM
Is celtic game being shown on hibs tv?

scotiaf
05-02-2019, 07:53 AM
I think the problem for a few is the price has went up and the quality no better or worse