PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury’s Path

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Anyone any idea if it’s still open and if it is open if we’re allowed through today?

I know the police have sometimes made home fans go the long way round for Rangers and Celtic, so wondering if Aberdeen falls into that boat? :dunno:

Aim Here
02-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Anyone any idea if it’s still open and if it is open if we’re allowed through today?

I know the police have sometimes made home fans go the long way round for Rangers and Celtic, so wondering if Aberdeen falls into that boat? :dunno:

There's a temporary path raised up on scaffolding round the back of Sainsbury's into the far side of the Meadowbank shopping centre - it'll probably be open.

Hibs/Aberdeen generally isn't a Cat A fixture, so the police aren't likely to block off egress up Crawford bridge. They didn't for the last couple of fixtures.

heretoday
02-02-2019, 01:20 PM
If a big Aberdeen support is expected I'd be surprised if they opened that route except for residents.

wookie70
02-02-2019, 01:21 PM

No idea and the club site isn't very specific "Hibernian supporters with tickets for the South Stand are encouraged to approach and leave the stadium from the East - walking past the East Stand and round to the South. Access will be restricted from the other side."

I'm in the West stand and would like to use the Sainsbury Path but who knows if it will be open. The statement from the club could read that Easter Road will be restricted and they seem to change their mind every game with no apparent reason. No idea why the club and Police find it so difficult to arrange match day routes and then communicate about them so poorly. Use Street names and produce a map with routes. It would only need a few different scenarios to keep us informed instead of the poorly worded unspecific nonsense on the club site.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 01:25 PM
They seem to make decisions on a whim regarding the gate at the west and the Sainsbury’s path.

If I’m down early enough I’ll take the chance.

tamig
02-02-2019, 01:25 PM
If a big Aberdeen support is expected I'd be surprised if they opened that route except for residents.

How would that be enforced? It’ll be open or closed to all surely?

hibee
02-02-2019, 01:31 PM
I knew they didn’t let you access the east from that side sometimes but had no idea they had started closing pavements, how are they allowed to do that?

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 01:38 PM
There was a sign up last season saying the path was to close (all the time to everyone) but it’s not happened.

There was a post after the rangers game saying the path was closed to home fans - ive no idea how they done it but presumably a few police stood and stopped folk from coming through.

wookie70
02-02-2019, 01:38 PM
I'll leave my scarf today so will just say I am going for a walk. I will be no danger to the public without a scarf.

wookie70
02-02-2019, 01:46 PM
There was a sign up last season saying the path was to close (all the time to everyone) but it’s not happened.

There was a post after the rangers game saying the path was closed to home fans - ive no idea how they done it but presumably a few police stood and stopped folk from coming through.

They stopped Hibs fans from going through at the Derby match. I think members of the public and Hearts fans were allowed through. Fed up being treated like a danger to the public because of a few wee plukey badly behaved a***holes with a couple of smoke bombs that could be Policed out of football in about 5 minutes if The Police had a mind to. The Police continue to treat all fitba fans like criminals while watching crimes being committed in front of them inside the ground and taking no action at all.

tamig
02-02-2019, 01:52 PM
They stopped Hibs fans from going through at the Derby match. I think members of the public and Hearts fans were allowed through. Fed up being treated like a danger to the public because of a few wee plukey badly behaved a***holes with a couple of smoke bombs that could be Policed out of football in about 5 minutes if The Police had a mind to. The Police continue to treat all fitba fans like criminals while watching crimes being committed in front of them inside the ground and taking no action at all.
How did that work then? Was it just folk with scarves? What about folk with no scarves - were they presumed residents?

the tornadoe
02-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Would not let us through for the Derby, told us to go back and walk down Easter Rd, even turned away an elderly couple and the lady had 2 walking sticks telling her to walk down Easter Rd. The officer informed us that there were lots of Police at the other end but he was following orders to turn us away.

Wigson13
02-02-2019, 02:12 PM
I went that way for the Hearts game just hid my scarf and said I wasn't going to the football when asked!

oconnors_strip
02-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Open for all fans today, my dad walked through at 2pm and police said open after for all fans

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2019, 02:37 PM
Safely through at 2.30