PDA

View Full Version : South American hibs players

bigswissstriker
02-02-2019, 01:08 PM
As the title says, does anyone have any recollection of us having South Americans play for us over the years? I remember the 2 ecuadorians, we had Claros aswell but I’m sure Honduras is classed as Central America! Me and a mate were discussing it, more about Brazilians and Argentinians and we were saying how we couldn’t remember a single player from either of those nations playing for us.

GloryGlory
02-02-2019, 01:13 PM
As the title says, does anyone have any recollection of us having South Americans play for us over the years? I remember the 2 ecuadorians, we had Claros aswell but I’m sure Honduras is classed as Central America! Me and a mate were discussing it, more about Brazilians and Argentinians and we were saying how we couldn’t remember a single player from either of those nations playing for us.

The mighty Ulises!

SideBurns
02-02-2019, 01:15 PM
The wee Uruguayan we got fae Gretna? Cannae mind his name.

Wheat Hound
02-02-2019, 01:15 PM
The Tank

Lendo
02-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Fabián Yantorno

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2019, 01:22 PM
None can top Caralho of Hearts.

madbadlad
02-02-2019, 08:50 PM
I met De La Cruz's sister, nephew and niece in a park in Quito on way home from a kick about. The 2 kids were kitted out in the latest Hibs strip back then, so I obviously had to find out why from their mum. The kids were gobsmacked that I knew who their uncle was and chuffed that I told them the fans had great hopes of him. His 2 goals in the Derby were enough to cement his "top South American Hibs player" status for me!

allmodcons
02-02-2019, 08:56 PM
I met De La Cruz's sister, nephew and niece in a park in Quito on way home from a kick about. The 2 kids were kitted out in the latest Hibs strip back then, so I obviously had to find out why from their mum. The kids were gobsmacked that I knew who their uncle was and chuffed that I told them the fans had great hopes of him. His 2 goals in the Derby were enough to cement his "top South American Hibs player" status for me!

Great story in it's a 'very small world' sense.

I read somewhere that De La Cruz used to send a huge chunk of his earnings back home for good causes and lived a fairly modest lifestyle for a well paid footballer. Top bloke.

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Ally Brazil

Haymaker
03-02-2019, 01:23 AM

I read somewhere that De La Cruz used to send a huge chunk of his earnings back home for good causes and lived a fairly modest lifestyle for a well paid footballer. Top bloke.

I heard that as well.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-02-2019, 01:29 AM

A bit of a theme for players made good in the continent. Tends not to get publicised. In other sports Ayrton Senna a national hero in Brazil did lots of unpublicised work for charity.!

Not sure the extent to which the EPL players chip inon thdfacd of it doesn’t seem a huge amount.