PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Not said anything that hasn’t been said on here to be honest and I agree with him on some points but still not sure how current players are allowed to lay into rival clubs like this.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3825585/neil-lennon-leeann-dempster-hibs-treatment-disgrace-answers-kris-boyd/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
02-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Looking forward to another 10 pager about how Lennon's mates in the media are entirely correct to be attacking our club this way.

This is a slander campaign, pure and simple.

jacomo
02-02-2019, 11:38 AM
Looking forward to another 10 pager about how Lennon's mates in the media are entirely correct to be attacking our club this way.

:agree:

That entire article is ‘nothing short of a disgrace’.

The exact same recruitment team has been at Hibs since 2014, so if it is now fair to criticise them for not backing the managers ambition and imposing players on them, they also have to take credit for Scott Allan, McGinn and the rest, don’t they?

Can’t have it both ways.

hibee62
02-02-2019, 11:49 AM
This backing the manager/budget thing is starting to annoy me. If we look at hearts, direct rivals in terms of club size and locality, do we really believe our first team is on significantly less than theirs? Is Uche Ikpeazu earning significantly more than Flo Kamberi? Is Peter Haring earning significantly more than Mark Milligan? They appear to have signed Naismith with some external backing which we just can’t legislate for.

The issue is not backing, it’s the players signed and how they’re used, which comes down to manager and recruitment. Both had significant credit in the bank for performances over the last few years which was beginning to dwindle, but very few were calling for either to go.

Something happened which caused this mess, but I don’t have any time whatsoever for this budget chat.

euro Hibby
02-02-2019, 11:51 AM
I think lenny would do well to talk to the press and tell them to leave it out... Mutual consent as the statement said.

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 11:52 AM
This backing the manager/budget thing is starting to annoy me. If we look at hearts, direct rivals in terms of club size and locality, do we really believe our first team is on significantly less than theirs? Is Uche Ikpeazu earning significantly more than Flo Kamberi? Is Peter Haring earning significantly more than Mark Milligan? They appear to have signed Naismith with some external backing which we just can’t legislate for.

The issue is not backing, it’s the players signed and how they’re used, which comes down to manager and recruitment. Both had significant credit in the bank for performances over the last few years which was beginning to dwindle, but very few were calling for either to go.

Something happened which caused this mess, but I don’t have any time whatsoever for this budget chat.

Averageness is accepted from the top at Hibs so long as it’s under budget.

DR1875
02-02-2019, 11:53 AM
Thought Kris was spot on with his article, Rod and Farmer should get to f#$k. They have no ambition for the club, never have, we got lucky with the Scottish cup and they have done nothing to embrace the incease in revenue from the fans turning up becuase of two corners in the last few minutes of that game.

lapsedhibee
02-02-2019, 11:54 AM
Thought Kris was spot on with his article, Rod and Farmer should get to f#$k. They have no ambition for the club, never have, we got lucky with the Scottish cup and they have done nothing to embrace the incease in revenue from the fans turning up becuase of two corners in the last few minutes of that game.

:faf:

hibee62
02-02-2019, 11:55 AM

We simply can’t spend money we don’t have, there was clearly an issue like you have alluded to in the past but since Dempster has come in we have shelled out far more transfer fees.

If we had a few seasons of top four finishes, and European campaigns, the money would have would keep increasing like aberdeen’s has but the reason that is not happening is to do with who we signed and how they’re used, not how much we spent.

BlackSheep
02-02-2019, 11:57 AM
The issue is not backing, it’s the players signed and how they’re used, which comes down to manager and recruitment.

Im sorry but let’s put it this way... if you require a jackhammer to do the job you need done and your superiors offer you a variety of hammers, none of which are said jackhammer and then you are forced to purchase a rubber mallet to suit the budget, then you are not gonna be happy!!

You can try your best to get the job done with the mallet but it’s just not the right tool and will take a hell of a lot longer to get the job done!

CapitalGreen
02-02-2019, 11:58 AM

Accepting averageness would be retaining the services of a manager who has us sitting 8th and getting worse by the week.

JimBHibees
02-02-2019, 11:59 AM

Not even trying. Yamtastic. :faf::faf:

madhatter
02-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Seems to be more Lennon fans than Hibs fans these days. Why are Hibs fans suddenly so easily swayed by ill-educated "journalists" and "pundits"?

CentreLine
02-02-2019, 12:01 PM

Priceless piece of yamonomics. Off you trot back to the west side of town
LTYF

hibee62
02-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Im sorry but let’s put it this way... if you require a jackhammer to do the job you need done and your superiors offer you a variety of hammers, none of which are said jackhammer and then you are forced to purchase a rubber mallet to suit the budget, then you are not gonna be happy!!

You can try your best to get the job done with the mallet but it’s just not the right tool and will take a hell of a lot longer to get the job done!

So you would have been happier if we hadn’t signed anyone to replace last year’s midfield since it was too hard to do on our budget, or are you agreeing with me that the recruitment team should have done better in finding replacement ‘hammers’?

Fact is, better midfielders were available on our budget, as shown by Hearts and Kilmarnock and to a lesser extent Aberdeen.

tamig
02-02-2019, 12:05 PM

There’s been some fiction written on here lately and this is right up there with the best.

The Harp Awakes
02-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Like most zombies, Boyd hates Hibs with a passion and he will take every opportunity to stick the boot into the Club. He was one of the guys slating Lennon for the way he conducted himself at Tynecastle earlier in the season, so he's barely worth listening to.

MyJo
02-02-2019, 12:10 PM

What if you got the jackhammer you needed then broke it?

Should your superiors then just keep buying more jackhammers that they can’t afford because your not doing the job you were hired to with the equipment you were given?

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 12:10 PM
So you would have been happier if we hadn’t signed anyone to replace last year’s midfield since it was too hard to do on our budget, or are you agreeing with me that the recruitment team should have done better in finding replacement ‘hammers’?

Fact is, better midfielders were available on our budget, as shown by Hearts and Kilmarnock and to a lesser extent Aberdeen.

It’s not about how much we spend, it’s how we spend it.
How much did we save by not going for Kamara at Dundee and instead getting Milligan and the having to replace him with Bigrimana? I’m not sure we would have saved anything. We now have two players on the payroll instead of one.
Why have we signed Nelom? He appears to be 4th choice to play left back behind Stevenson, Mackie and Whittaker. Could his wages have been better deployed?
Mavrious?
Only having three strikers at the club?
There are plenty questions to be asked at Hibs and the board are doing a good job of avoiding any answers.

hibee62
02-02-2019, 12:12 PM
How much did we save by not going for Kamara at Dundee and instead getting Milligan and the having to replace him with Bigrimana? I’m not sure we would have saved anything. We now have two players on the payroll instead of one.
Why have we signed Nelom? He appears to be 4th choice to play left back behind Stevenson, Mackie and Whittaker. Could his wages have been better deployed?
Mavrious?
There are plenty questions to be asked at Hibs and the board are doing a good job of avoiding any answers.

So it sounds like you agree with me entirely, it’s not the backing or the budget, it’s the recruitment team and manager that is the issue, this season.

Tyler Durden
02-02-2019, 12:15 PM
So according to this fool, Hibs are failing in the football department but Neil Lennon has done fantastic. Difficult to reconcile the two surely?

It was less than 2 weeks ago that Boyd was slating Lennon for his handling of Kamberi.

And all this guff about "what Lennon has done for Hibs". He was nowhere before we gave him a job and he'll not being going to a more high profile team any time soon.

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 12:18 PM
So it sounds like you agree with me entirely, it’s not the backing or the budget, it’s the recruitment team and manager that is the issue, this season.

It depends. [emoji23] There could be limitations in place that we don’t know about, like not paying fees as opposed to wages etc.
For me, if an organisation consistently fails to perform like we do then it should be the person at the top who is accountable. We have a top 4/5 budget but rarely finish in the top 4/5. That is consistent failure. Nobody ever asks why though.

Hibeesmad
02-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Basically saying the players brought in by the recruitment team, who won the championship, won the Scottish Cup, finished above his Kilmarnock team are all rubbish.

But discussions like this are the reason he’s in a job

Lewiehas2
What if you got the jackhammer you needed then broke it?

Should your superiors then just keep buying more jackhammers that they can’t afford because your not doing the job you were hired to with the equipment you were given?

:agree::agree:

Tyler Durden

I would agree with that.

Nothing about ambition, it's how people are performing in their roles. Changing the manager is a good start IMO.

Borderhibbie76
02-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Accepting averageness would be retaining the services of a manager who has us sitting 8th and getting worse by the week.Spot on...a fact conveniently ignored by these Old Firm apologist rags in the West. The #getlennyajob brigade are out in full force

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibee62
02-02-2019, 12:22 PM
It depends. [emoji23] There could be limitations in place that we don’t know about, like not paying fees as opposed to wages etc.
For me, if an organisation consistently fails to perform like we do then it should be the person at the top who is accountable. We have a top 4/5 budget but rarely finish in the top 4/5. That is consistent failure. Nobody ever asks why though.

That’s true, but it would appear not since we spent money on Mallan, Horgan and Kamberi this summer and were prepared to pay money even more Maclaren next summer if he had performed this year. I highly doubt Hibs, hearts, Kilmarnock or anyone outside the old firm and possibly Aberdeen would be prepared to spend the rumoured fee for Kamara who has never even finished top 6 in the league.

Also, we haven’t shown any signs of penny pinching since Dempster came in, that’s more than 4 years now!

Tyler Durden
02-02-2019, 12:23 PM

Alternatively, since LD came in we've won a cup, won our division and then finished top 4 with record points total. The first year we could forgive as a unique challenge.

Over this period growing our revenue and having record attendances. We can still finish top 5.

villahibs
02-02-2019, 12:27 PM
So... his treatment was a disgrace but the article is generally about not knowing what has happened 🙈😟

DR1875
02-02-2019, 12:28 PM
:thumbsup:
:faf:

Ozyhibby
02-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Alternatively, since LD came in we've won a cup, won our division and then finished top 4 with record points total. The first year we could forgive as a unique challenge.

Over this period growing our revenue and having record attendances. We can still finish top 5.

Winning the cup and the top 4 finish are genuine achievements. Winning ‘our division’ is not an achievement and the two previous seasons of failure in that division are black marks against the current regime.
The cup win and the increased finances that brought in should have allowed us to bring in far better quality than the likes of Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone but they have been better than us this season. The yams are building a stand and are still above us which did not happen when we were building. For us it was a case of take the pain and it will be better when they have to build.

tamig
02-02-2019, 12:33 PM

That’s it but some folk like to dredge up the pre-2014 past when it suits their agenda. Their case falls apart otherwise.

Malthibby
02-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Sutton, Boyd etc etc.
Credible, eh?
Not sure I'd be too comfortable having these guys on my side.

Wee Effen Bee
02-02-2019, 12:37 PM

This!

Leith Green
02-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Easy money for Lennon .. Agree a pay off with agreement not to talk about events .. All his mouth pieces in the media rip into the club for him and blame it all on the club .. Job done , and ticket well and truly worked. 👍

MrSmith
02-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Every man, woman and their dug will be lining up to take a pop at us through the west coast media. These idiots get away with because it’s west coast nonsense. I really don’t think for a minute Lennon would go through any of these guys or media rags, think he got a rough time of them as was. It’s p@sh at the end of play and designed to get a reaction from the club and fans. :na na:

Leith Green
02-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Sutton, Boyd etc etc.
Credible, eh?
Not sure I'd be too comfortable having these guys on my side.

The problem is the amount of morons who take it as fact and it then is commonly accepted as being correct.

Lago
02-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Not said anything that hasn’t been said on here to be honest and I agree with him on some points but still not sure how current players are allowed to lay into rival clubs like this.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3825585/neil-lennon-leeann-dempster-hibs-treatment-disgrace-answers-kris-boyd/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Ridiculous article.

Wee Effen Bee
02-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Seems to be more Lennon fans than Hibs fans these days. Why are Hibs fans suddenly so easily swayed by ill-educated "journalists" and "pundits"?

I can’t quite fathom it either.

J-C
02-02-2019, 12:41 PM
I'll say it again for alll the so called fans having go at club and board, you do not suspend someone then come to a financial agreement when absolutely nothing has happened. If Hibs had taken things further, Lennon would be toiling to get another job for a wee while, open your eyes people. Things happened and said that could have been a sackable offense, it was easier to do it this way.

Diclonius
02-02-2019, 12:44 PM

Spot on.

Great first season but he ****ed up with his incessant Butcher-esque abuse of the players he bought this season, as well as numerous threats to leave. He's clearly sanctioned this public lynching of our club to save face and I don't understand why people still back him.

Is It On....
02-02-2019, 12:45 PM
"If I was a Hibees supporter...my club would have won more honours than the tribute act from Ibrox" 😂😂

I sometimes like Kris Boyd but he can be an absolute pr#ck as well.

Is It On....
02-02-2019, 12:53 PM

Is this a wind up?

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-02-2019, 01:05 PM
All guess work by old filth parasite. As much as he bets that he knows things, I bet that a lot of Killie fans wish that he put as much effort into a blue and white shirt as he does to spouting this trash.

w pilton hibby
02-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Winning the cup and the top 4 finish are genuine achievements. Winning ‘our division’ is not an achievement and the two previous seasons of failure in that division are black marks against the current regime.
The cup win and the increased finances that brought in should have allowed us to bring in far better quality than the likes of Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone but they have been better than us this season. The yams are building a stand and are still above us which did not happen when we were building. For us it was a case of take the pain and it will be better when they have to build.

Bit of selective posting there. According to you, being in the Championship was a failure but being promoted out of said Championship was not an achievement.

A lot of convoluted logic there.

Tyler Durden
02-02-2019, 01:15 PM

We couldn’t finish top 4 in the top league when we were in the Championship though could we?

staunchhibby
02-02-2019, 01:16 PM
A hint of defamation by Boys. Can we not do something about his slanderous comments

chrisski33
02-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Lennon was backed by the board. He brought in 33 players. He came in on the back of the cup win and this season shows hes not that good. No matter how you look at it the boards minds would have been nade when lennon said he was considering his position 2nd time around.
Its not surprising that his media pals are backing him.

Wee Effen Bee
02-02-2019, 01:33 PM
I'll say it again for alll the so called fans having go at club and board, you do not suspend someone then come to a financial agreement when absolutely nothing has happened. If Hibs had taken things further, Lennon would be toiling to get another job for a wee while, open your eyes people. Things happened and said that could have been a sackable offense, it was easier to do it this way.

This is my view at the moment.

chrisski33
02-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Mavrious?

Whys that the boards fault? Lennon sources the players and put them to the board and the board backed him!
But any excuse to blame the board by folk eh?
Based on lennons signing so far i wouldnt have given him millions to buy players. Other managers like wright and clarke have got players playing and performing on a lower budget Lennon hasnt this season

Jim44
02-02-2019, 01:49 PM

:agree: In a nutshell. Anyone with an open mind would read between the lines and come to this conclusion. Sutton and Boyd are not as thick as they come across but cannot see beyond their friendship with Lennon and a dislike of Hibs.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2019, 01:58 PM
Not interested in what that fat ride has to say. Opinion on Hibs about as relevant as his thoughts on salad.

DR1875
02-02-2019, 02:40 PM
Is this a wind up?
Aye!!:aok:

Sir David Gray
02-02-2019, 02:49 PM
It will be a cold day in hell before I start listening to anything Kris Boyd has to say on anything to do with Hibs.

ScottB
02-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Given that the exact circumstances of his departure are, in effect, secret, his media buddies writing these attack pieces are either;

• Being fed information, accurate or not, from Lennon’s camp.
• Making it up.

Either way, the club should be taking a stand on this. If Lennon is briefing contacts in the media, he’s broken the terms of his departure, if Boyd and co are making nonsense up about Dempster, couldn’t the club take legal action?