PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sour grapes from Clarke or an accurate assessment of Potter's anti-football tactics?

G B Young
02-02-2019, 10:50 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47095517

LaMotta
02-02-2019, 10:52 AM
Havent seen the game but he's probably got a point about Steven McLean being lenient. McLean let Aberdeen kick us off the park twice in the last couple of seasons.

Famous Fiver
02-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Glad I never watched it.

Sounds like an hour and a half of eye bleeding anti football.

Killie can be pretty cute themselves when it suits them so I feel as if I have dodged a bullet.

watched Buddy Holly on BBC 4 and it was a magical hour.

Bangkok Hibby
02-02-2019, 11:10 AM
The recurring theme this season is bad refereeing. I can see what he means.

Smartie
02-02-2019, 11:14 AM
As good a manager as Clarke is, he can be a bit sour grapey at times when things don't go his way.

As good a referee as McLean is, he can be on the lenient side and not what you want when playing Aberdeen or Hearts.

Levein is a helmet whose "physical approach" gets nowhere when Hearts don't have the right referee.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2019, 11:23 AM
It was awful.

Genuinely terrible.

erin go bragh
02-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Hearts are Killies bogey team . Killie have lost 3 games at home this season and 2 of them are by Hearts .
Watched part of the first half and turned it off .👀bleeding stuff .
Clare took his goal well unfortunately.

heretoday
02-02-2019, 11:39 AM
It was awful.

Genuinely terrible.

I never see many good games played on artificial surfaces.

greenpaper55
02-02-2019, 11:49 AM
terrible game and Killie were no footballing side either, i kept watching in the hope it got better but it got worse !

Sprouleflyer
02-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Watched 2nd half. My thoughts, Hearts were happy to sit in and put up a solid line of defence that Killie struggled to break down, this is what Hearts are very good at doing. Took every opportunity to stop the game from flowing, falling over at the slightest touch and constant fouling. Pretty eye bleeding stuff but very effective, 3 points away at Killie shows that.

Also the constant high balls by Killie was just food and drink for Berra and Souttar. Killie were very poor and lacked any ability to break down Hearts last night.

Inter

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2019, 12:25 PM
Throws his hat into the ring for the Hibs gig?

James70
02-02-2019, 12:47 PM
"It is very difficult when you've got three big lumps defending the box" :faf:

judas
02-02-2019, 07:06 PM
Sour grapes AND an accurate assessment of Leveins tactics

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Either way, neither Hearts or Levein are going to care what we or anybody else make of their tactics, as long as it helps them to finish above us in the table.

percy veer
02-02-2019, 07:11 PM
If you have a plastic pitch you have no right to bitch about the other teams tatics

makaveli1875
02-02-2019, 07:13 PM
If you have a plastic pitch you have no right to bitch about the other teams tatics

Everyone has the right to bitch about hearts tactics. No matter what type of pitch

Keith_M
02-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Watched 2nd half. My thoughts, Hearts were happy to sit in and put up a solid line of defence that Killie struggled to break down, this is what Hearts are very good at doing. Took every opportunity to stop the game from flowing, falling over at the slightest touch and constant fouling. Pretty eye bleeding stuff but very effective, 3 points away at Killie shows that.

Also the constant high balls by Killie was just food and drink for Berra and Souttar. Killie were very poor and lacked any ability to break down Hearts last night.

Sounds like a perfect assessment of the game I just watched at ER.

Tornadoes70
02-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Actually thought Killie were poor last night. They were tidy in possession but didn't create not nearly enough in the final third. The boy burke was their biggest threat going forward but with a mostly wasteful end product.

Hearts first goal was down to criminal defending with Clare allowed far too much space and time to get into the box and get his shot away. Lucky too that it went in off the post instead of rebounding out. Getting the first goal was manna from heaven for Levein's team as it allowed them to do what they do best which is sit in with at least ten men behind the ball most of the time, counter on the break and attempt to see out the game defending their lead.

Thought Burke, Jones and Power were Killie's best players.

GreenOnions
02-02-2019, 10:49 PM
Clarke gets a lot of positive press but this is not the first time he's been incapable of good grace following a defeat.

Good manager but needs to attend sportmanship and humility training I feel