PDA

View Full Version : AErosol sutton at it again

andybev1
02-02-2019, 08:45 AM
'Neil Lennon has been dragged through the mud and Hibs are lucky he isn't suing - Chris Sutton''

I wish this muppet would give it a rest.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-been-dragged-through-13941358

southsider
02-02-2019, 08:49 AM
What does that pr@ck know. Most of us have forgot more about Hibs than that clown will ever know.

ChickenCurryYLT
02-02-2019, 08:50 AM
We’d all quick enough to slaughter other clubs if this happened elsewhere so got to expect it when it’s us.

I haven’t commented on anything over the past week or so as most of it was all rumours and hear say.

The way it’s been handled by the club is a complete embarrassment. The continued silence was bad enough but the actual statement released itself was an absolute disgrace.

We’ve far bigger problems at the club than to worry about what guys like Sutton and Boyd are saying.

CapitalGreen
02-02-2019, 08:52 AM
As I posted on another thread, If Neil Lennon was so badly treated by the board, why did he agree for a statement to be released via the club website that begins:

“Neil Lennon said: “I would like to thank the board,...”

AltheHibby
02-02-2019, 08:52 AM
It's the R****d. They hate us for stopping their zombie heroes winning their first major cup. Any way they can have a go at us they will.

andybev1
02-02-2019, 08:53 AM
We’d all quick enough to slaughter other clubs if this happened elsewhere so got to expect it when it’s us.

I haven’t commented on anything over the past week or so as most of it was all rumours and hear say.

The way it’s been handled by the club is a complete embarrassment. The continued silence was bad enough but the actual statement released itself was an absolute disgrace.

We’ve far bigger problems at the club than to worry about what guys like Sutton and Boyd are saying.

I agree with the bad way it has been dealt with but this arse seems to be behind every dig we hear at the momennt.

ChickenCurryYLT
02-02-2019, 08:56 AM
I agree with the bad way it has been dealt with but this arse seems to be behind every dig we hear at the momennt.

The digs are to be expected.

I love nothing more than seeing Michael Stewart puf the boot into Levein, Sutton clearly sticking up for his mate.

greenpaper55
02-02-2019, 09:01 AM
I see Graham Spiers in the Times is saying we will struggle to get anyone as good as Lennon, the journo's are all quick to put Hibs down when one of their mates is sacked. No doubt NL will get another job soon so we will see how he measures up.

Doh Rae Me
02-02-2019, 09:03 AM
I find it hard to disagree with anything in the DR article.

Now where did I leave my tin hat?

Sir David Gray
02-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Any chance we can leave links to that "paper" off this board?

No Hibs fan should be giving them any publicity after the lies they printed about our support at the cup final.

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2019, 09:08 AM
I find it hard to disagree with anything in the DR article.

Now where did I leave my tin hat?

Not a tin hat you need. More a padded cell 😀

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-02-2019, 09:09 AM
Sutton is a catalyst for any argument. In any other work place it would be put down to attention seeking. Best ignored.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2019, 09:09 AM
I see Graham Spiers in the Times is saying we will struggle to get anyone as good as Lennon, the journo's are all quick to put Hibs down when one of their mates is sacked. No doubt NL will get another job soon so we will see how he measures up.

Sadly he’s right. We are going to struggle to get anyone as good as Lenny. It’s more stating the obvious rather than putting Hibs down I’d say... oh, and NL wasn’t sacked!

andybev1
02-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Last year was the best time as a football supporter I have ever experienced - I give that to lennon and a bit of luck with transfers. I just cannot reconcile that with the teams he was picking at the end and the way he managed to turn seemingly good relationships into bad blood. 'i hope he learns from this in his next job.

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2019, 09:12 AM
Any chance we can leave links to that "paper" off this board?

No Hibs fan should be giving them any publicity after the lies they printed about our support at the cup final.

People reading the DR is clearly worrying. People quoting from it is more concerning.

Onion
02-02-2019, 09:12 AM

Agree with Spiers, we will struggle to get as manager as good as Lennon. At the end of last season, most on .net thought he was the best we'd had in a generation. Our record for decent managers is about 1 in 10. Maybe LD is the difference now ... we will see.

chrisski33
02-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Sadly he’s right. We are going to struggle to get anyone as good as Lenny. It’s more stating the obvious rather than putting Hibs down I’d say... oh, and NL wasn’t sacked!
No he aint. Lennons performance this is season says it all. No manager is bigger than the club. Club have handled it well.

superfurryhibby
02-02-2019, 09:15 AM

I wouldn’t be so sure. His reputation hasn’t exactly been enhanced by his antics at Hibs.

I rather think we are well able to find a manager capable of improving on 8th place?

Caversham Green
02-02-2019, 09:18 AM
Hibs suspended NL but did not publicise the fact. After their investigation was concluded they reinstated him before agreeing with him to a parting of the ways. In their statement they give fulsome praise to his record as manager and have never said or done anything to tarnish his reputation. The damage was done by whoever leaked the news of his suspension to the press - my guess is that it was Lennon himself.

How anyone could think that was grounds for a lawsuit is beyond me.

Baader
02-02-2019, 09:20 AM
I like Lennon I was sorry to see how this whole situation has been played out.

But if he had a case to sue Hibs I'm pretty sure he would.

As for another job his stock won't exactly be sky high after this season. He probably regrets not leaving after last season when he'd be more in demand.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2019, 09:20 AM
I suppose if I felt one of my mates had been badly treated I'd take his side as well irrespective of the facts.

Sutton is a pundit and columnist. It's his job to stir up a bit controversy and get people viewing the shows he's on or clicking on links to his pieces. Job done on that front.

I've said it countless times people, including myself, will see the last week or 2 through their own eyes. If you think the Hibs board are incompetent penny pinchers this proves it, if you think Lennon was a bully who lost the dressing room this proves it, if you think this is just the norm after decades supporting Hibs this proves it and so on. Sutton is no different; he's seeing things with his own preconceptions firmly in place.

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Agree with Spiers, we will struggle to get as manager as good as Lennon. At the end of last season, most on .net thought he was the best we'd had in a generation. Our record for decent managers is about 1 in 10. Maybe LD is the difference now ... we will see.

Lennon was good for us, but not exceptional.

There's every chance our next manager will be better for us. Or the manager after that.

Spiers is very friendly with Lennon. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else tbf.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2019, 09:24 AM

We're 2 for 2 since LD came on board though.

Maybe she's just got lucky but I'm inclined to give Hibs the benefit of the doubt for now. I daresay we'll know soon enough.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-02-2019, 09:28 AM

I don't agree. The media all bought into the theory that Lennon had married beneath himself when he joined us but I don't recall that he was run over with other offers at the time. OGS doesn't have anywhere near the success record of Mouriniho but how many United fans are pointing that out ?

euro Hibby
02-02-2019, 09:29 AM
Nobody knows officially what happened but the statement and departure were well handled by club it would seem and we move on.
Ultimately, lennon was possibly showing signs of stress and maybe not so much in line with the board , albeit 33 players signed over his reign
and investment in infrastructure added to a poor run, inevitably made the change a wise move.

Better than Lennon, I think there are loads of potential managers in the market , who could do a good job. Maybe we need someone now
with less profile and a desire to commit to the club. Threatening to leave is never intelligent. Boards start looking for a successor immediately.

it was nice while it lasted.

Wee Effen Bee
02-02-2019, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=ChickenCurryYLT;5693771]We’d all quick enough to slaughter other clubs if this happened elsewhere so got to expect it when it’s us.

The board handled everything correctly. No side made any statement whilst an investigation was ongoing. How many times do people need to be told this is part of the process? The statement is one that has to be accepted by all parties involved otherwise it can be revoked at a later stage in court. The board have acted accordingly so please stop as the abuse they are receiving from some people (including some on here) for doing the right thing is the embarrassing part.

ChickenCurryYLT
02-02-2019, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=ChickenCurryYLT;5693771]We’d all quick enough to slaughter other clubs if this happened elsewhere so got to expect it when it’s us.

The board handled everything correctly. No side made any statement whilst an investigation was ongoing. How many times do people need to be told this is part of the process? The statement is one that has to be accepted by all parties involved otherwise it can be revoked at a later stage in court. The board have acted accordingly so please stop as the abuse they are receiving from some people (including some on here) for doing the right thing is the embarrassing part.

I stopped reading after your first sentence. Blinkered.

Paloschi
02-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Duck Sutton, Duck Lennon, Duck Celtic and Duck the Weeg Media. I like it when we aren't getting praise from these quacks anyway. GGTTH

J-C
02-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Lennon's a decent average manager and nothing more, living off his time at Celtic. He had a very good core of players when he came in and hasn't enhanced his reputation this season with performance and management skills. He's got away with this intact purely to keep the true story coming out, if it did he would struggle to get another job very quickly. The statement suited both parties.

Phil MaGlass
02-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Lennon was good for us, but not exceptional.

There's every chance our next manager will be better for us. Or the manager after that.

Spiers is very friendly with Lennon. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else tbf.

Why do folk on here think we cant attract good managers, baffles me, the club is pretty high profile and there are plenty good managers out there that would jump at the chance of managing us.

highland hibbee
02-02-2019, 10:24 AM

Maybe she's just got lucky but I'm inclined to give Hibs the benefit of the doubt for now. I daresay we'll know soon enough.

Spot on there. Her first appointment won the Scottish Cup and her second got us promoted and consolidated our position in the top flight. Not bad at all.

Wee Effen Bee
02-02-2019, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=Wee Effen Bee;5693833]

I stopped reading after your first sentence. Blinkered.
Yes you would have stopped if you are blinkered.

Radium
02-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Former Celtc/ RFC or TRIFC player/ manager writes article saying that provincial team treated their mate badly. Very generic and can’t understand why people are surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
02-02-2019, 10:45 AM
As I posted on another thread, If Neil Lennon was so badly treated by the board, why did he agree for a statement to be released via the club website that begins:

“Neil Lennon said: “I would like to thank the board,...”

Yeah - his mates in the weeja conveniently forget that when posting their trash, but the implication of that trash being true is that Neil Lennon is a liar and a hypocrite.

PS I'm not saying he is - I'm saying the tone of the articles about his departure suggest that he is.

PPS Most people seem to forget how low his stock as a manager was when he left Bolton, even though the club was a basket case. I don't recall that he was overwhelmed with job offers at the time Hibs came along.

Gettin' Auld
02-02-2019, 10:45 AM
Former Celtc/ RFC or TRIFC player/ manager writes article saying that provincial team treated their mate badly. Very generic and can’t understand why people are surprised.

Hibs aren't a provincial team but Celtic and Rangers are.

GloryGlory
02-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Why do folk on here think we cant attract good managers, baffles me, the club is pretty high profile and there are plenty good managers out there that would jump at the chance of managing us.

:agree: If Hamilton had 60 enquiries within a day about the job there when Canning was sacked, I wonder how many potential managers or their agents have been in touch with Hibs since NL left.

I would imagine it is well into 3 figures by now, although some may of course be a tad optimistic. There will be quite a few serious candidates in there, I would think.

ChickenCurryYLT
02-02-2019, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=ChickenCurryYLT;5693857]
Yes you would have stopped if you are blinkered.

“The board handled everything correctly”

You actually wrote that as your first sentence 🙈 if you truly believe that your either stupid or defending the undefendable.

lapsedhibee
02-02-2019, 11:10 AM

You actually wrote that as your first sentence �� if you truly believe that your either stupid or undefending the undefendable

:agree: Defending the indefensible is hard enough, but undefending it would be beyond most people, including WEB.

silverhibee
02-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Was this the guy who took a back seat from Mikey Stewart last night, a ******ing jobbie, wants to stir it but when pulled up has nowt to say, prick.

Radium
02-02-2019, 11:23 AM

[emoji106]

SRHibs
02-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Football must have some of the thickest ‘journalists’ going.

BT58
02-02-2019, 11:38 AM
Sutton is NL's mate. He will put the boot into HFC whenever he can now. Perhaps with the statement that was issued, NL will not
be able to comment but his mate will.

Keith_M
02-02-2019, 11:51 AM

Just out of interest, what do you think they should have put in the statement?

Mick O'Rourke
02-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Capital comment :aok:

Tomsk
02-02-2019, 11:59 AM

Moreover, she recognised a bad manager (Butcher) when she saw one and dealt with it, and she recognised a dysfunctional situation that was threatening to get out of hand (Lennon) when she saw one and dealt with that. She is in credit as things stand - only worry is she is due a wrong one. :worried:

we are hibs
02-02-2019, 12:15 PM

Yeah we are going to really struggle to get someone as good as Lennon who had us 8th in 12 team league :rolleyes:

Is anyone surprised the media and his pals are acting like this? He was using Sutton last season to get wee digs into the board.

Hibs4185
02-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Rather than agree a settlement with Lennon they should have put him on gardening leave. That way it saved us a lump sum and it would’ve stopped all his mates bad mouthing us as he was still an employee.

If he was offered another job then he would then be off the books without the need of a payoff.

wpj
02-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Laid up in bed (noirovirus, a night to forget last night) and so have been bored trawling through various sites. I read a couple that are saying the way we "treated" celtc over the SJM transfer caused NL to leave as NL wanted to bring in some celtc player(s) and the move to villa scuppered them.
The website is a total celtc NL love in and the anti Hibs rhetoric is appalling. Whatever the reason for NL and Hibs parting company the anti Hibs campaign is in full swing. I hope we get a new manager in who can build a siege mentality and believe with players like Louis and SDG who get the club and the fans, the new players with no reason to be affected by anything that happened previously that we can get back to being Hibernian. That's what we all want as fans and like in every walk of life we all have different opinions of how that should look and who should take us there.
Now to clear my phone of pish websites and reach for the bucket again.
Hope we stuff Aberdeen (and I would love to watch it somehow ;) PM's are accepted,,,,,,,)

Wee Effen Bee
02-02-2019, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=Wee Effen Bee;5693884]

You actually wrote that as your first sentence 🙈 if you truly believe that your either stupid or undefending the undefendable.

Yes, what bit is being defended? The implementation of good practice in employment law or the belief, from people with no idea what went on, that Hibs were to blame?
I’ll start taking your posts seriously when you explain what, ’undefending the undefendable!’ actually means And you are calling me stupid?

Wee Effen Bee
02-02-2019, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=Wee Effen Bee;5693833]

Just out of interest, what do you think they should have put in the statement?

I think they put out a statement which does not leave any wriggle room for future civil action. Just what they did. I would like to know what went on but it’s tied up tighter than a duck’s erse - which would be the only way to satisfy everyone involved. I’m really not interested in statements as I’m aware they are always fudged. Not sure which poster summed it up correctly for me, but they said there was an investigation, Lennon was absolved (probably) but there was a breakdown. Each side needed to be seen to be respecting each other’s contribution over the last two + years - that was done. What is abhorrent for me , is the almost instant reaction to attack the board and LD in particular. From the media is bad enough, and understandable as they are Lennon’s mates, but from our own forum? By all means question decisions but to call for the resignation of board members is sad.

Lago
02-02-2019, 12:42 PM
'Neil Lennon has been dragged through the mud and Hibs are lucky he isn't suing - Chris Sutton''

I wish this muppet would give it a rest.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-been-dragged-through-13941358
Let's be honest if it was about Hearts & Levein we would be loving it.

KeithTheHibby
02-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Him and Boyd are a couple of motormouth cock munchers. The 2 of them know **** all about what happened.
Perhaps Hibs should sue this pair of bellends for slander.

BullsCloseHibs
02-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Sutton is lucky he doesn't get fined for his pathetic girls voice. He must have the most embarrassing voices in the world of football.

BullsCloseHibs
02-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Him and Boyd are a couple of motormouth cock munchers. The 2 of them know **** all about what happened.
Perhaps Hibs should sue this pair of bellends for slander.

Cock munchers? 😁

wpj
02-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Cock munchers? 😁

Mock Crunchers?

cleanyman
02-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Sutton getting folk talking

He's good at what he does