PDA

View Full Version : Lennon's pay off

HappyAsHellas
01-02-2019, 10:23 PM
I've heard that Lennon's lawyer was on radio Scotland today saying that both he and Parker were paid in full, implying Hibs were in the wrong. I would have thought that a NDA would have been in place, and therefore would find it surprising if a lawyer broke it on radio. Did anyone hear the broadcast (I didn't), and can you verify what was said.

bigwheel
01-02-2019, 10:27 PM
I've heard that Lennon's lawyer was on radio Scotland today saying that both he and Parker were paid in full, implying Hibs were in the wrong. I would have thought that a NDA would have been in place, and therefore would find it surprising if a lawyer broke it on radio. Did anyone hear the broadcast (I didn't), and can you verify what was said.

It doesn't imply that though does it...it simply means they are treated like a "good leaver"... they get what they are contractually entitled too..just the same as if they were sacked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ehf
01-02-2019, 11:16 PM

That will be around 600k for the pair of them.

hibeerealist
01-02-2019, 11:19 PM

Hibbyradge is 100% that they got zero mmmmmm........... you sure the lawyer lawyer said that?

HappyAsHellas
01-02-2019, 11:43 PM
As I said I never heard it but was told that Lennon's lawyer said they were paid in full :confused:

Forza Fred
02-02-2019, 12:18 AM
As I said I never heard it but was told that Lennon's lawyer said they were paid in full :confused:

‘Hearsay evidence’ I think it’s called.

Inadmissible m’lud

Jdawg
02-02-2019, 12:31 AM
‘Hearsay evidence’ I think it’s called.

Inadmissible m’lud

Except it’s not a criminal case. Heresay is admissible in civil proceedings (albeit not entirely credible).

In any event, if details of a confidential agreement is leaked then (generally) it negates any payout that was due as it would be breach the terms of the agreement.

DetroitHibs
02-02-2019, 04:51 AM
Is it fact that Lennon signed a non disclosure agreement, or is that just hear say too?

02-02-2019, 07:42 AM
Sounds like nonsense. Why would his lawyer be on the radio?!

chrisski33
02-02-2019, 07:46 AM

Youve started a thread about something you never heard. Anyway sounds aload of rubbish anyway

Paisley Hibby
02-02-2019, 07:47 AM
Paid what in full? Could just be the full amount that was agreed in the severance deal - and for all we know, that might just be to the end of the month.

Keith_M
02-02-2019, 07:54 AM

So who told you that's what they said?

A jambo friend? Some guy down the pub? Chris Sutton?

Tug Wilson
02-02-2019, 08:03 AM
Lennon's lawyer would not be on the radio giving away details of the case. He has a duty of confidentiality to his client. Any deal would also include the requirement for each party to not disclose the settlement.

It seems to me that Lennon did in some way overstep the mark but in the world of employment law it is better to come to a deal and move on. Court time is expensive, damaging to reputations and there is no guarantee of getting the result you want. This goes for both sides.

Everyone needs to just move on.

LustForLeith
02-02-2019, 08:08 AM
I’m really hoping that someone called a radio station and asked for Eric B and Rakims tune Paid In Full to be played.

Love that song

Fuzzywuzzy
02-02-2019, 08:16 AM
I’m really hoping that someone called a radio station and asked for Eric B and Rakims tune Paid In Full to be played.

Love that song

Fish, which is my favourite dish. Without no money it's still a wish

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2019, 08:24 AM
DR ran the story on 31/01/19 that NL and GP had been exonerated of any wrong doing by the Easter Road club and both their contracts had been paid up in full RP also praised and thanked NL for his contribution and efforts for the club in an embarrassing climb down

If true and if this is because of a botched attempt at dismissal for gross misconduct pending an investigation that would not hold water in a tribunal LD should walk especially if it has cost the club 600 k but only IF true allegedly!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennons-contract-paid-up-13930193

Onceinawhile
02-02-2019, 08:24 AM

Love that song

Was going through the thread thinking, I can make an Eric b and rakim joke here. Then you stole that opportunity from me.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2019, 08:28 AM
No idea if we are talking about a NDA or some form of specific confidentiality agreement but a lawyer breaching it's terms without clients consent could well be breaking Law Society rules and any party to the arrangement may well lose their money since the settlement isn't always paid up front!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

scooby
02-02-2019, 08:34 AM
I would be amazed if they have been paid in full, I suspect that payment to the end of this year is more likely.

Rumble de Thump
02-02-2019, 08:52 AM
DR ran the story on 31/01/19 that NL and GP had been exonerated of any wrong doing by the Easter Road club and both their contracts had been paid up in full RP also praised and thanked NL for his contribution and efforts for the club in an embarrassing climb down

If true and if this is because of a botched attempt at dismissal for gross misconduct pending an investigation that would not hold water in a tribunal LD should walk especially if it has cost the club 600 k but only IF true allegedly!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennons-contract-paid-up-13930193

The Daily Record's story is essentially the club statement with important details left out, lies added in and the all important negative spin. As with most things, Daily Record journalists have no idea what's going on.

Brightside
02-02-2019, 08:59 AM
That will be around 600k for the pair of them.

Didn’t happen

malcolm
02-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Even if it was agreed they’d get their pay it would NOT have BEEN paid in full. Paying it in advance is effectively paying MORE than in full, i.e. a premium on top.

The termination of the contracts by mutual agreement may have come with an agreement to pay an amount that was agreed in full but that does not infer that they will have been or will be paid ‘in full’ up to the next firm potential expiry date of their contracts. There is west coast spin all over the story with stock phrases for the dim audience like ‘top glasgow lawyer’ rather than simply sought legal representation and advice.

Something happened to push things over the edge. That we have had no word from any side infers that non disclosure is involved but that leaves room for story mongering by other parties. I’m not that ready to believe the ability to understand is that high among football writers so being happy to believe anything they may ‘understand’ just goes against the grain.:wink:

eastcoasthibby
02-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Is it fact that Lennon signed a non disclosure agreement, or is that just hear say too?

I cannot see that this would be dealt without a non disclosure agreement in place, it doesnt make sense not too, so if his solicitor has come away with something it might well be in breach, just doesnt sound right that this will be right.

Onion
02-02-2019, 09:17 AM
If they were paid in full, that may suggest Hibs realised they didn't have a case and in fact (as Sutton suggests) Lennon could have sued Hibs for effective dismissal without good cause. In that case, Lennon would simply refuse to sign any NDA and the lawyer was at liberty to say what he wanted.

All that is speculation too, but just as plausible as a lot of the guessing you get on .net these days.

Sioux
02-02-2019, 09:24 AM

:faf::faf:

If, if , if if...................................

s.a.m
02-02-2019, 09:26 AM

For them to have abandoned the idea of dismissal (assuming that was the plan) needn't mean it was a 'botched attempt'. One of Lennon's media pals (can't remember which) said that he had an excellent lawyer who was going to take it all the way. Legal action is expensive, can be lengthy and can be ugly for both parties, with the verdict impossible to predict. It's possible that, on balance, Hibs have decided that while they believe his position is untenable, they can't take that risk, and with Lennon's lawyer have drafted a statement which gets rid, keeps both parties quiet and Lennon leaves with his reputation intact.

Unhelpfully, from Hibs' point of view, Neil Lennon's friends have a forum to dish dirt that they can't respond to for legal reasons. Which makes it messy and one-sided.

jacomo
02-02-2019, 09:27 AM
If they were paid in full, that may suggest Hibs realised they didn't have a case and in fact (as Sutton suggests) Lennon could have sued Hibs for effective dismissal without good cause. In that case, Lennon would simply refuse to sign any NDA and the lawyer was at liberty to say what he wanted.

All that is speculation too, but just as plausible as a lot of the guessing you get on .net these days.

If Lenny has been blabbing to his pals (as all the coverage in the media would suggest) then I am not sure he is sticking to the terms of any NDA.

southsider
02-02-2019, 09:29 AM
90 percent of that are lies. The rest is just made up. NL and all his media pals can go to hell. Hibernian for ever.

euro Hibby
02-02-2019, 09:34 AM
whatever he / they were paid its done. Managers have well paid jobs at the high end of the game. I cannot say i particulary feel sorry for them.

hibbysam
02-02-2019, 09:35 AM

He wasn’t sacked though... so he couldn’t sue hibs for unfair dismissal, as he wasn’t dismissed.

Wee Effen Bee
02-02-2019, 09:35 AM

This.
Speculation, schmeculation! ‘I heard that someone heard someone say’. I’m getting a wee bit fed up hearing about the board - especially LD - screwing up because the DR said it was so. Lottobollocks! We have a highly respected employment lawyer on the board but the DR said we fkd up so we begin peppering our board with posts about LD being crap at her job and needs to go.
Tell you what, why doesn’t everyone who is ignorant of the hundreds of scenarios which may happen after an investigation has been initiated (and then concluded) stop listening to the media making things up. It’s sickening seeing so many Hibbies directing their angst at the board when they have f all knowledge of how these things work.

DarlingtonHibee
02-02-2019, 09:43 AM
This. The so called Hibs supporters posting rubbish on these threads is embarrassing.

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2019, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Sioux;5693814]:faf::faf:

If, if , if if...................................[/QUOTE

Ha Ha!

Its called covering your arse!

Dont know the legal term :greengrin

Caveat rumpus

degenerated
02-02-2019, 09:46 AM

Love that songThat was the first thing that came into my head to. Thinking of a master plan.........

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
02-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Hibbyradge is 100% that they got zero mmmmmm........... you sure the lawyer lawyer said that?

I'm certain.

degenerated
02-02-2019, 09:50 AM

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennons-contract-paid-up-13930193Keith Jackson [emoji23] let me guess it was a pay off so big it was off the radar and that they walked over broken glass, whilst assaulting every single rangers player, all the way to collect it.

Caversham Green
02-02-2019, 09:54 AM
The second sentence of the statement says that NL was not dismissed - that means the club were under no obligation to pay up his contract in full. Would Petrie pay something if he didn't have to?

The same sentence goes on to say he had not resigned - that tells us that some compromise was reached possibly financial, possibly just exoneration of any wrongdoing and praise for his managerial record. Probably a combination of the two but the second aspect would almost certainly reduce the first.

The statement then goes on to exonerate him and praise his managerial record.......

And it's a joint statement, which means NL was a party to it.

GreenT
02-02-2019, 09:55 AM
It wasn't a lawyer it was said by someone (can't remember who) on the BBC podcast on Wednesday or Thursday

Bangkok Hibby
02-02-2019, 10:06 AM
This.
Speculation, schmeculation! ‘I heard that someone heard someone say’. I’m getting a wee bit fed up hearing about the board - especially LD - screwing up because the DR said it was so. Lottobollocks! We have a highly respected employment lawyer on the board but the DR said we fkd up so we begin peppering our board with posts about LD being crap at her job and needs to go.
Tell you what, why doesn’t everyone who is ignorant of the hundreds of scenarios which may happen after an investigation has been initiated (and then concluded) stop listening to the media making things up. It’s sickening seeing so many Hibbies directing their angst at the board when they have f all knowledge of how these things work.

Its seriously disappointing that fans are not willing to accept the statement for exactly what it was (a mutual agreement to allow this to be brought to a pain free end which suits all sides)
Theres no conspiracy, no cock up to be covered up etc.
Dont give the media ****wits the time of day

Bostonhibby
02-02-2019, 10:27 AM
The second sentence of the statement says that NL was not dismissed - that means the club were under no obligation to pay up his contract in full. Would Petrie pay something if he didn't have to?

The same sentence goes on to say he had not resigned - that tells us that some compromise was reached possibly financial, possibly just exoneration of any wrongdoing and praise for his managerial record. Probably a combination of the two but the second aspect would almost certainly reduce the first.

The statement then goes on to exonerate him and praise his managerial record.......

And it's a joint statement, which means NL was a party to it.You and your factual analysis of the actual words used [emoji32]

Radium
02-02-2019, 10:33 AM
It wasn't a lawyer it was said by someone (can't remember who) on the BBC podcast on Wednesday or Thursday

We have moved from the rumour period to the spin period. All the discussion of thrown chairs and inappropriate language is over.

Lennon is not likely to be directing things but people with his interests at heart will be. Similar to the rumours that surface in the media in the week leading up to an important game against either of the Glasgow butt cheeks.

Expect Hibs to say nothing. EMs interview yesterday is as far as it will go and was a lot more dignified than you will hear from the NL supporters. (I expect the next time NL speaks it will as dignified as EM).

Narrative will change when a new manager comes in.

FWIW parting ways with a management team that have struggled to find a winning team and have taken to writing off the squad suggests that we have learnt something from our recent history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
02-02-2019, 10:46 AM
This implication by sections of the media or the support, that Dempster has cost us money are beyond a joke.

All these theories work very well if Hibs had been performing and sitting in the top 4. After 2 wins in 14 and a manager having lost the players, sitting in 8th, Dempster would've been fully justified to sack them and pay them off. As it is, there has clearly been a compromise of sorts.

You'd think Sutton etc had never seen a manager be "mutually consented" before

Argylehibby
02-02-2019, 10:53 AM
This is Neil Lennon we are discussing, the guy who has called out racism against him as well as fighting his corner on other controversial topics. He is no shrinking violet who will take anything thrown at him quietly. IF he was being kicked out of Hibs unjustly would he walk away quietly and risk any possibility that his reputation would be tarnished when he had did nothing wrong? Of course not it's not his way.

Being sacked for gross misconduct would make future employment significantly harder. Far better for him to walk in and agree a joint statement that leaves everybody in the dark as to what happened.

Hibs would not have paid up unless they were on dodgy ground and Lennon wouldn't have gone quietly if they were.

Sioux
02-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Its seriously disappointing that fans are not willing to accept the statement for exactly what it was (a mutual agreement to allow this to be brought to a pain free end which suits all sides)
Theres no conspiracy, no cock up to be covered up etc.
Dont give the media ****wits the time of day

Some fans have an obsession with pretending they know things. Unfortunately forums such as this and other social media platforms allows people to create a 'personality' for themselves. One they're missing in real life.

GloryGlory
02-02-2019, 11:07 AM

I was a bit surprised to read that, TBH. It would be highly unethical for a lawyer to discuss a client's confidential business in public, surely?

tamig
02-02-2019, 11:12 AM
This.
100%

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2019, 11:35 AM
I was a bit surprised to read that, TBH. It would be highly unethical for a lawyer to discuss a client's confidential business in public, surely?

It would be okay if their client gave them permission to do so.

Has anyone got a link to this broadcast? It appears that no-one has actually heard it.🤨

Borderhibbie76
02-02-2019, 12:15 PM
I'm certain.I'm far more inclined to believe Hibbyradge than that rag in the West. Both them and the **** sorry Sun doing their best for their old Celtic pal in today's columns. Wouldn't wipe my backside with either

stoneyburn hibs
02-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Lennons pay off must have been huge, no tv's working in BTG 😁

Lago
02-02-2019, 12:45 PM
How does he know?

Malthibby
02-02-2019, 12:46 PM

'I've heard that..' Has anyone else heard this yet?
It's a p.poor way to open a thread, nothing short of rumour mongering.
At the very least check if it's true before opening up another can of (non-existent?) worms.
Nae need.

Lago
02-02-2019, 12:52 PM
:top marks
Some fans have an obsession with pretending they know things. Unfortunately forums such as this and other social media platforms allows people to create a 'personality' for themselves. One they're missing in real life.

nonshinyfinish
02-02-2019, 12:53 PM

Has anyone got a link to this broadcast? It appears that no-one has actually heard it.🤨

Yeah, this thread is pretty weird – discussing something that was apparently on national radio, yet no one seems to know what was said or by whom… :dunno:

Bostonhibby
02-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Lennons pay off must have been huge, no tv's working in BTG [emoji16]Chris Sutton told me it was half a dozen plasmas and a VHS recorder. Keep it between us though[emoji6]

jacomo
02-02-2019, 01:11 PM

It would only be ok if allowed under the terms of the severance agreement.