View Full Version : "who would want to work for Leeann Dempster"

Pages : [1] 2

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 07:25 PM
According to Chris Sutton on BT Sport.

Aye ok Chris dont concern yourself with facts etc,

coco22
01-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Don’t think I could work with Chris Sutton without being dismissed for rattling his jaw 👊🏼 Prick

flash
01-02-2019, 07:27 PM
Nasty piece of work.

matty_f
01-02-2019, 07:27 PM
They don't have a ****ing clue.

04Sauzee
01-02-2019, 07:29 PM
He will soon find out when the new head coach gets the gig and he can ask him directly. But he won't

Jim44
Muppet that he is, I wouldn’t have expected him to make personal defamatory attacks on individuals. He’s surely on thin ice here.

HoboHarry
He might ask the applicants and there'll be plenty of them. A***hole......

DaveF
01-02-2019, 07:30 PM
He just says anything to get a reaction. Was quite refreshing when he first started but he's become a predictable irritant now.

He's the same on radio 5 live and I've stopped listening when he's on as it's just constant wind up nonsense.

madhatter
Funny how people are happy destroying the reputation of people they don't know in order to advance their own standing...enjoyed Sutton as he's always been a laugh, now I just think he's a clown. We'll be the club he hates now.

Keith_M
Actually, Chris, you were never asked.

Hibeesmad
01-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Constantly praised us under Lennon. As soon as he goes he’s ripping into the club. Welt

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 07:33 PM
I’m not sure why we believe that at Hibs it’s all roses, sunshine and smiles but it’s different at other clubs.

Keith_M
01-02-2019, 07:35 PM
I’m not sure why we believe that at Hibs it’s all roses, sunshine and smiles but it’s different at other clubs.

What's that got to do with his comment?

DH1875
01-02-2019, 07:35 PM
What's he said?

Is Leeann not in demand anymore? Pretty sure there's been rumours in the past that some of the teams down south have been after her.

GonzoReturns
01-02-2019, 07:36 PM
Who cares what he says/thinks. He’s not the sharpest tool in the box.

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 07:36 PM
They also said what if the new manager doesn't want new players as he didn't sign them.

The new manger hasn't signed any of the players when he comes in how long they have been there prior is irrelevant, are these folk thick or what?

DaveF
01-02-2019, 07:37 PM

Nobody has said that so you are just making things up.

Go on, tell us what's wrong then.

madhatter
01-02-2019, 07:38 PM
They also said what if the new manager doesn't want new players as he didn't sign them.

The new manger hasn't signed any of the players when he comes in how long they have been there prior is irrelevant, are these folk thick or what?

The new signings are all here only for 5 months or so as well. I have no idea why a new manager would have a problem with this?

B.H.F.C
01-02-2019, 07:38 PM
The most shocking thing to come out of the whole conversation was Stephen Craigan sticking up for Hibs!

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 07:39 PM

Who are the "we" please you speak for?

PaulSmith
What's that got to do with his comment?

Maybe LD is difficult to work for?

i just don’t think that we should instantly dismiss everything that we perceive as negative in the media. The club (like all businesses) makes mistakes, we don’t have the perfect employees and to constantly refuse to listen to another version of events isn’t healthy.

GreenNWhiteArmy
Chris was not so opinionated when NL had an outburst after tynie (twice) when we failed to turn up

Nor did he have anything to say whilst GP took the flak on a weekly basis as we were on a wretched run

I don't even think he criticised NL in the summer after he clearly failed to address certain key postions whilst spending a fair bit of cash

And i bet he had nothing to say on NL's constant private AND public slaughtering of his own players, that's ok eh Chris?

I actually like BT and Sutton, but there siding with their pals act is wearing thin. Have the decency to report and pundit factually ya bunch of clowns

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 07:40 PM
The new signings are all here only for 5 months or so as well. I have no idea why a new manager would have a problem with this?

Indeed its utter nonsense he might not want a guy we signed last year. Utter nonsense and thick as ****.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Ehm....Neil Lennon did?

DaveF

i just don’t think that we should instantly dismiss everything that we perceive as negative in the media. The club (like all businesses) makes mistakes, we don’t have the perfect employees and to constantly refuse to listen to another version of events isn’t healthy.

Maybe Neil Lennon is difficult to work with?

matty_f
01-02-2019, 07:41 PM

Stubbs' interview on BBC last night had him saying Dempster was the best Chief Exec he's ever worked with. Couldn't be more supportive, apparently.

Keith_M
01-02-2019, 07:41 PM

OK, got you.

The thing is, he has no idea what it's like to work for LD. He's just **** stirring.

B.H.F.C
01-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Stubbs' interview on BBC last night had him saying Dempster was the best Chief Exec he's ever worked with. Couldn't be more supportive, apparently.

The other two did sack him after a couple of months to be fair.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Nobody has said that so you are just making things up.

Go on, tell us what's wrong then.

What am I making up, am I not allowed to suggest a different view point.

Why don’t you tell me and the rest of the posters if everything is rosy on the garden, you must know.

TrinityHibs
01-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Me. Any other questions?

Captain Trips

Why should he (Sutton) have any more weight to knowing about LD or the media? The media are individual people and would you trust their view on things 100%. At no point did anyone that I have seen on here suggest we are great behind the scenes but Sutton has made a statement making out she would not be a person managers would work for. Based on what?

madhatter

Stubbs says she was the best he's worked with. Lennon said the board were very supportive in all interviews.

When will this perfect Lennon and troublesome board/Leeann stuff die off? It's getting tiresome. Both parties have moved on...

Leeann has went from getting accolades for what she has done for the club to suggestions she is difficult to work with, all because a manager has left us in unusual terms. Think some people would've preferred Hibs to come out and destroyed Lennon's reputation.

Sutton the source of truth...

hibsbollah
The most shocking thing to come out of the whole conversation was Stephen Craigan sticking up for Hibs!

...it's not real opinions. They're just trying to provoke a reaction and create online chat. Best not to take it too seriously.

erin go bragh
Is Sutton says Hearts ,that cnt Craigan says sugar.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 07:45 PM
OK, got you.

The thing is, he has no idea what it's like to work for LD. He's just **** stirring.

I’d suggest that he might be able to form a more informed opinion with his contacts in the game. Certainly more so than the average poster on here who instantly dismisses it.

I don’t know either way, I don’t work for Hibs and never have done so. But there’s enough chatter to suggest that there might be something in what he’s said.

I’ll respect the opinion of others as well on here and won’t dismiss them. It’s a fan’s forum and certain posters need to remind themselves of that.

Joe6-2
01-02-2019, 07:46 PM

Brown nosing for the job 😂😂😂

madhatter
01-02-2019, 07:48 PM
I’d suggest that he might be able to form a more informed opinion with his contacts in the game. Certainly more so than the average poster on here who instantly dismisses it.

He stirs things up for personal gain, can you really not see that? Simon Cowell of football punditry.

Roxyhibee
01-02-2019, 07:48 PM
An attention craving, ignorant, dinosaur, clearly sucking up to his old boy pals, desperate for their approval.

Or, twa*. Either is fine.

Keith_M
01-02-2019, 07:49 PM

I get your point but I have a feeling that he's not basing this on any inside info.

As others have said, he's a pundit who thrives on controversy.

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 07:51 PM

Why not go with 2 managers who worked with her as a first point of fact? Stubbs and Lennon. If we can find the issues these 2 had with her in quotes somewhere then good. So based on that Sutton is talking *****.

DaveF
01-02-2019, 07:51 PM
What am I making up, am I not allowed to suggest a different view point.

Why don’t you tell me and the rest of the posters if everything is rosy on the garden, you must know.

I've no idea if it's rosy or hell on earth. It's probably somewhere in between if I had to guess but you seem determined to paint the club in a bad light over Lennon so fire away, tell us what's wrong.

Radium
01-02-2019, 07:52 PM
I would be surprised if there isn’t a fairly good idea of what has happened circulating in football circles.

They will however know that the easy target is Hibs, with all the faux outrage and the digs at LD. Club will simply move on: as shown in EM interview today.

Irrespective of what happened, trust clearly broke down and both parties chose to limit the money being paid to the respective lawyers. That’s boring though.

My instinct though is that if Sutton is targeting LD, his pal will have contributed to the parting of the ways. Squirrel principle.

Get a new manager in, let them field the questions about how NL left and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 07:52 PM
I get your point but I have a feeling that he's not basing this on any inside info.

As others have said, he's a pundit who thrives on controversy.

Of course he does, I don’t dispute that. He can be a complete troll at times.

What i’m saying, and most folk get this, is that we cannot always dismiss its as media bias or personal agendas against Hibs.

judas
01-02-2019, 07:53 PM
Awful comments from Sutton.

Has he spoken with our LD or indeed any board members?

An objective opinion can only be offered on hearing both sides of the argument and let’s face it. We know Sutton has heard from his good pal Lennon.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 07:54 PM
I've no idea if it's rosy or hell on earth. It's probably somewhere in between if I had to guess but you seem determined to paint the club in a bad lIghtfield over Lennon so fire away, tell us what's wrong.

Stop embarrassing yourself with your ridiculous posts.

DaveF
01-02-2019, 07:55 PM

Quality riposte. See ya.

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 07:56 PM

What i’m saying, and most folk get this, is that we cannot always dismiss its as media bias or personal agendas against Hibs.

Its an agenda against LD though from him to make such a statement and name her which as I have stated is not based on what has actually happened with our managers. Maybe the office is untidy maybe she doesnt put paper in the photocopier when empty maybe when she offers to make a tea for some and its bad.

I am interested to know why a manager would not want to work for her based on fact.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Quality riposte. See ya.

You are one of the main reasons why this site gets slated. It’s maybe about time you realised that and took a wee break.

madhatter
01-02-2019, 07:58 PM

We can in this case. Trust me, Hibs will be a club that will struggle to get any credit from Sutton from now on. This is a personal agenda. Suggesting that no manager will want to be Hibs manager and work with Leeann...that's a laugh. Stubbs has said with his own words that all the club need to do is call him and it'd be a formality. So in other words, we know Sutton talks rubbish.

matty_f
01-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Brown nosing for the job 😂😂😂

You're wrong. I don't even want the job. :greengrin

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2019, 07:59 PM
He stirs things up for personal gain, can you really not see that? Simon Cowell of football punditry.

He has obviously got some on here getting a reaction ignore the **** he is irrelevant.
It dont seam to be bothering Neil Lennon much as he was outside his local today enjoying the little bit of sunshine.

DaveF
01-02-2019, 08:00 PM
You are one of the main reasons why this site gets slated. It’s maybe about time you realised that and took a wee break.

Leave the admin to the admins eh. If they think I'm worthy of a ban they will deal with it.

You just get back to sticking up for Neil.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:02 PM
We can in this case. Trust me, Hibs will be a club that will struggle to get any credit from Sutton from now on. This is a personal agenda. Suggesting that no manager will want to be Hibs manager and work with Leeann...that's a laugh. Stubbs has said with his own words that all the club need to do is call him and it'd be a formality. So in other words, we know Sutton talks rubbish.

So why not just ignore it then?

There are people in the game who have a different opinion to LD, some like her and some don’t. Same as any business.

(better watch I’ll get another admin row for even suggesting that)

SRHibs
01-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Tell you what if Lennon actually was in the wrong prior to his leaving, he should be having the decency to put his mouthpieces on a leash.

IngolstadtHarry
01-02-2019, 08:03 PM

Well, I wonder why Stubbs would say that? Hmmm, let me think.

madhatter
01-02-2019, 08:04 PM

There are people in the game who have a different opinion to LD, some like her and some don’t. Same as any business.

Because regardless of right or wrong, I get annoyed by a mouthpiece slagging my club?

Why did you feel the need to witness Sutton's comment, come on here, see all the other comments about it and then respond with what you have? Why not just ignore it?

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Leave the admin to the admins eh. If they think I'm worthy of a ban they will deal with it.

You just get back to sticking up for Neil.

Aww sorry mate, someone disagrees with your opinion and you try to act the big shot with your 30k posts.

Carries zero weight with me.

matty_f

Have you had an admin row?

SquashedFrogg

I don’t know either way, I don’t work for Hibs and never have done so. But there’s enough chatter to suggest that there might be something in what he’s said.

I’ll respect the opinion of others as well on here and won’t dismiss them. It’s a fan’s forum and certain posters need to remind themselves of that.

You do know who Chris Sutton is? And what his job is?

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:06 PM
Because regardless of right or wrong, I get annoyed by a mouthpiece slagging my club?

Why did you feel the need to witness Sutton's comment, come on here, see all the other comments about it and then respond with what you have? Why not just ignore it?

Balance. And it’s a boring place if we all need to act and post the same.

DaveF
01-02-2019, 08:07 PM

I assume you think I'm an admin? Sorry to burst your bubble but I left that 18 months ago.

You might want to apologise to the current lot who do a much better job than I ever did :-)

matty_f
Well, I wonder why Stubbs would say that? Hmmm, let me think.

He's said it before as well, when the job wasn't available but point taken. :agree:

A Hi-Bee

An he would appear to be doing his job well by the amount of reaction on here, three pages now and going on twenty, ignore the **** he is irrelevent.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:08 PM

I’m sure that there must be another answer that you are looking for rather than the obvious one but I honestly don’t know what it is.

Jim44
01-02-2019, 08:09 PM

Excellent point.

Captain Trips

The comment who would want to work for her is generalising that if he was a manager he wouldnt want to work for her and he thinks the same thoughts should be in others minds.

With what basis should managers not wish to work for her? What facts are to suggest she is not somebody you would like to work for.

Can anyone update me on how many applications Hibs have had?

PaulSmith
I assume you think I'm an admin? Sorry to burst your bubble but I left that 18 months ago.

You might want to apologise to the current lot who do a much better job than I ever did :-)

Sorry.

A prominent poster with influence? lol

madhatter

Drama then? No wonder you entertain the notion of Sutton dealing in facts, he likes putting on a performance.

Northernhibee
The hundreds of applicants for our vacant managers position. That’s who.

DaveF
01-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Sorry.

A prominent poster with influence? lol

Eh, naw. I think you vastly over state my significance.

Or lack of :-)

Jim44

It’s just standard fare for one to disagree with the other. Both are tossers.

cleanyman
I like Chris Sutton

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2019, 08:13 PM
I like Chris Sutton

You are entitled to your opinion. I just happen to think he is a ****. Irrelevent **** at that.

matty_f
01-02-2019, 08:13 PM
I like Chris Sutton

I'll be honest and say i quite enjoy him as well, don't always agree with him but he definitely knows how to get folk wound up.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:14 PM
Drama then? No wonder you entertain the notion of Sutton dealing in facts, he likes putting on a performance.

I don’t agree 100% with him, absolutely not. But I’ve been in the company of three or four people who just didn’t take to LD at all.

Am I allowed to say this without anyone jumping down my neck? :)

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Eh, naw. I think you vastly over state my significance.

Or lack of :-)

Dont put yourself down..your the top dog here. Admin or not. ;)

PatHead
01-02-2019, 08:15 PM
You're wrong. I don't even want the job. :greengrin

Hmm.. You don't say which job you don't want. Does that mean you do want it then and will you cease to be an administrator if you get it?

matty_f
01-02-2019, 08:16 PM
I don’t agree 100% with him, absolutely not. But I’m been in the company of three or four people who just didn’t take to LD at all.

You're allowed to say it just as much as folk are allowed to challenge you on it. Like you said, it'd be boring if we all agreed. :agree:

DaveF
01-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Dont put yourself down..your the top dog here. Admin or not. ;)

Nah. I've been in the company of matty and pretty boy and I just can't take to them at all ;-)

madhatter
01-02-2019, 08:17 PM
I don’t agree 100% with him, absolutely not. But I’m been in the company of three or four people who just didn’t take to LD at all.

Yes. Not a problem with that. Just getting fed up with the "evil Hibs board" stuff that's been firing all over the place since Lennon left.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Nah. I've been in the company of matty and pretty boy and I just can't take to them at all ;-)

Never had the pleasure.. I look forward to it one day soon. :)

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Yes. Not a problem with that. Just getting fed up with the "evil Hibs board" stuff that's been firing all over the place since Lennon left.

I think that’s an extreme view using the word “evil”. But my point stands that we should, as a support, be there to keep the club honest.

That’s a healthy thing and one that we shouldn’t forget.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Sutton is inbred. No interest in what he has to say.

madhatter
01-02-2019, 08:22 PM
I think that’s an extreme view using the word “evil”. But my point stands that we should, as a support, be there to keep the club honest.

That’s a healthy thing and one that we showing forgot.

I think "evil" is a fair word for some of the suggestions that have been flying around. Not necessarily saying from you but in general. Seen some very bad things said about Hibs from people that claim to be "fans".

Of course should keep club honest. Surely that's why we have fan reps, anybody seen one of them recently?

FifeHibs
01-02-2019, 08:23 PM
I don't think Dempster will be with Hibs next season.

SRHibs
01-02-2019, 08:27 PM
I think "evil" is a fair word for some of the suggestions that have been flying around. Not necessarily saying from you but in general. Seen some very bad things said about Hibs from people that claim to be "fans".

Of course should keep club honest. Surely that's why we have fan reps, anybody seen one of them recently?

Aye there’s one particular chap on Twitter who seems to have taken a slight disliking to Leanne and co. I read a thread on Twitter of people claiming, unironically, that LD suspended Lennon because he was a “fenian”.

Purple & Green
01-02-2019, 08:28 PM
I don’t agree 100% with him, absolutely not. But I’ve been in the company of three or four people who just didn’t take to LD at all.

Good on you for standing your ground, I find the cult of Leeann truly bizarre.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2019, 08:29 PM

Yep. The thread about the Raith and Celtic tickets. :wink:

Gatecrasher
01-02-2019, 08:30 PM
Now we’re seeing his true colours,sticking up for his pal over a rational discussion. Understandable but unprofessional.

Lago
01-02-2019, 08:30 PM
He's an out of work coach, sacked from his last job with the bottom club in the league, he'll take first job offered.

madhatter
01-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Yep. The thread about the Raith and Celtic tickets. :wink:

:aok:

DaveF
01-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Good on you for standing your ground, I find the cult of Leeann truly bizarre.

Fwiw and to be clear, I'm not part of any Dempster or board cult who think they do no wrong.

But since you mention cults, it's the one eyed view of some (not paulsmith) that Lennon has been hard done by which has prompted a few of my posts on this matter.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Now we’re seeing his true colours,sticking up for his pal over a rational discussion. Understandable but unprofessional.

It IS professional though, that’s his job to be controversial and have an opinion which gets people talking about BT sport or whatever channel or paper he’s on.

Last Minute

its you that's embarrassing yourself . all your points are to bring the club down and Lennon done nothing wrong.

Onion

No problem in folk questioning LD. Deceases the odds of someone else coming along and lifting her.

madhatter
01-02-2019, 08:35 PM
He's an out of work coach, sacked from his last job with the bottom club in the league, he'll take first job offered.

And he's the only manager interested? Jeez, at least we can stay a green club. I mean we'll not even need to print any CVs off.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 08:37 PM
its you that's embarrassing yourself . all your points are to bring the club down and Lennon done nothing wrong.

That’s just nonsense. Stop making things up.

Gatecrasher
01-02-2019, 08:40 PM
It IS professional though, that’s his job to be controversial and have an opinion which gets people talking about BT sport or whatever channel or paper he’s on.Won't be talking about bt sport for long as they couldn't match sky's offer. Thankfully we'll have less subscription payments and we won't have to listen to him. Win/win

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lago
01-02-2019, 08:40 PM
I like Chris Sutton
Me to, but was not about to say so, not worth the agro.

hibbydog
01-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Chris Sutton

Ill-informed, self promoting, attention seeking bell end.

It’s really obvious that the producers of poor quality sports programmes instruct people like him to be controversial just to create argument and make the programme interesting.

He’s the perfect puppet for BT and the brainless welts who lap him up.

Plonker. He should marry Katie Hopkins

Lago
01-02-2019, 08:42 PM
And he's the only manager interested? Jeez, at least we can stay a green club. I mean we'll not even need to print any CVs off.
Of course he's not, but what's that to do with the price of fish???

bordergreen
01-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Me, I would love to work with her. Best thing to happen to Hibernian FC for a long time.

matty_f
01-02-2019, 08:46 PM

I thought we could be friends.

madhatter
01-02-2019, 08:46 PM
Of course he's not, but what's that to do with the price of fish???

"who would want to work for Leeann Dempster" was the question posed by Sutton was it not? It's also the name of this thread. I think he was trying to suggest nobody would want to rather than wanting to entertain a list of names.

Beefster
01-02-2019, 08:49 PM
Maybe I’ve missed it but I hadn’t read anything but praise for Sutton in here before tonight.

Last Minute
01-02-2019, 08:50 PM

its just Bizarre that in a situation which you know nothing about what really happened, your automatic reaction is to blame the club you claim to support.

Lago
01-02-2019, 08:51 PM
"who would want to work for Leeann Dempster" was the question posed by Sutton was it not? It's also the name of this thread. I think he was trying to suggest nobody would want to rather than wanting to entertain a list of names.
Your point was specifically about Stubbs & his willingness to come to Hibs, all it would take is a phone call !!
Yes there will be a longllist for the job no argument.

Beefster
01-02-2019, 08:53 PM
its just Bizarre that in a situation which you know nothing about what really happened, your automatic reaction is to blame the club you claim to support.

Not really. Last night, about four hours before the window shut, no-one knew wtf was going on but loads of posters were quite willing to put the boot into the club they claim to support.

brog
01-02-2019, 08:54 PM
I like Sutton but that's a nonsensical & biased article. Similarly a day or 2 back we had Strachan telling us that what happened with Hibs, happens in offices all the time. Says a guy who has never worked in an office in his life! The ex players/managers/weegie mafia closing ranks.

Joe6-2
01-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Rather work for her than Petrie

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 09:02 PM

My reaction to this thread was to come to my own balanced conclusion after a wee bit of consideration. I’m absolutely comfortable with what I’ve said on this thread and how I’ve reached my opinion.

Your reaction however is to claim that “I’ve put the boot into the club that I claim to support”, the most over reactive post on this entire thread and so far removed from the truth it’s frightening.

HibbySpurs
01-02-2019, 09:03 PM
OK, got you.

This. Maybe she is brutal to work for/with or maybe she’s the best colleague ever.

How Sutton would know is beyond me though as far as I’m aware he’s never worked with her?

**** stirring of the highest order in my opinion and I’m one of those that believes LD has questions to answer regarding the handling of the NL incident.

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 09:08 PM
My reaction to this thread was to come to my own balanced conclusion after a wee bit of consideration. I’m absolutely comfortable with what I’ve said on this thread and how I’ve reached my opinion.

Your reaction however is to claim that “I’ve put the boot into the club that I claim to support”, the most over reactive post on this entire thread and so far removed from the truth it’s frightening.

I understand that in bold. I may not like LD if I met her but can you tell me or show me somebody or a fact to suggest Suttons point has merit? ie from people who have worked with her at Hbs as a manager as that is the role being discussed for there to actually be anything to be considered.

I am unsure what there is to consider tbh. 2 managers have worked with her Sutton hasn't, so all it is for me is running down Hibs.

Weegreenman
01-02-2019, 09:15 PM
I trust Dempster. I think she’s an honest hard working woman who knows her stuff. We are very lucky to have her at the club. Since she arrived, the club has become far more professional in everything we do. I honestly believe that Dempster probably had no other option but to show Lennon the door. I don’t think she’s the type to weild the axe for no reason at all. She could do no wrong before this incident, now all of a sudden she’s a monster. In Leanne we trust :aok:

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 09:15 PM
I understand that in bold. I may not like LD if I met her but can you tell me or show me somebody or a fact to suggest Suttons point has merit? ie from people who have worked with her at Hbs as a manager as that is the role being discussed for there to actually be anything to be considered.

Unfortunately I’m going to leave myself open here and disappoint you by saying I could give you a few names but I’m not.

The above is not related to the Lennon incident, contrary to previous posts I think LD has been brilliant for Hibs.

I just don’t get the notion that anything bad in the press about Hibs is made up nonsense. It’s probably somewhere in between?

Smartie
01-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Chris Sutton is Neil Lennon's mate.

What did everyone expect him to say?

I'll save may frothing for an occasion that is deserving of it.

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Unfortunately I’m going to leave myself open here and disappoint you by saying I could give you a few names but I’m not.

No you cant the only names that matter are the managers names. Stubbs and Lennon. Everything else is irrelevant if the managers have not stated this negative. Stubbs has not nor has Lennon. Her dealings with other aspects of the club are irrelevant.

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 09:24 PM

The above is not related to the Lennon incident, contrary to previous posts I think LD has been brilliant for Hibs.

I just don’t get the notion that anything bad in the press about Hibs is made up nonsense. It’s probably somewhere in between?

Sorry Paul but I believe this is. I think its a shocking thing to say to be honest. It has no basis in any fact at all. As I said LD may not or may not have a good relationship with say a sponsor a utility company we use a caterer etc etc. Her record though with the managers has had nothing at all like what Sutton suggests and thats the point.

PaulSmith
No you cant the only names that matter are the managers names. Stubbs and Lennon. Everything else is irrelevant if the managers have not stated this negative. Stubbs has not nor has Lennon. Her dealings with other aspects of the club are irrelevant.

I’m pretty sure that Hibs and Parker/Lennon reached a legal NDA and wouldn’t expect to read any direct quotes from either party.

That does not imply anything BTW

Northernhibee
https://twitter.com/simpsonsspfl/status/1090534079307558912?s=21

Very apt.

Is It On....
01-02-2019, 09:25 PM
I like Sutton but that's a nonsensical & biased article. Similarly a day or 2 back we had Strachan telling us that what happened with Hibs, happens in offices all the time. Says a guy who has never worked in an office in his life! The ex players/managers/weegie mafia closing ranks.

Strachan is correct in saying that people have disagreements all the time but given the very public criticism of Kamberi you have to wonder just how bad it was behind closed doors. I have unfortunately worked with bosses that displayed bullying characteristics and it's incredibly unpleasant. Not only do you lose your confidence - you tend to play it safe and try not to get things wrong rather try to get things right - but the example set by the boss is often copied by others and a bullying culture becomes entrenched in the organisation which is incredibly dangerous to the future success. We evidenced a corrosive culture with Butcher & Malpass and the consequences were all too evident. If LD felt that the behaviour of the leadership was OTT and unacceptable then she / Hibs had no option than to take action to safeguard the future success of the club and that, in my opinion, is the sort of person you would want to work with.

pacoluna
01-02-2019, 09:25 PM

You highlight this echo chamber "at times" perhaps more constructively than me :greengrin

For that reason i hate Hibs and shouldn't come on this place according to some.

hibbyfraelibby
01-02-2019, 09:28 PM

Remember where Craigan plied his trade? He work for LD and knows the score.

judas
01-02-2019, 09:29 PM
I like Chris Sutton

Mungo like beans?

PaulSmith
Sorry Paul but I believe this is. I think its a shocking thing to say to be honest. It has no basis in any fact at all. As I said LD may not or may not have a good relationship with say a sponsor a utility company we use a caterer etc etc. Her record though with the managers has had nothing at all like what Sutton suggests and thats the point.

But we do not know the facts, we know what the Hibs statement says. Listen I’m not saying what Sutton says is right, it’s a load of pish in fact as there will be hundreds of big calibre managers who would love to work at a club like Hibs and the structure that she has helped put in place.

However I do believe that her reputation doesn’t come out of this episode untarnished. If that’s a shocking thing to say then so be it.

Captain Trips
I’m pretty sure that Hibs and Parker/Lennon reached a legal NDA and wouldn’t expect to read any direct quotes from either party.

That does not imply anything BTW

So we then have Stubbs. No issues with her.

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 09:31 PM
But we do not know the facts, we know what the Hibs statement says. Listen I’m not saying what Sutton says is right, it’s a load of pish in fact as there will be hundreds of big calibre managers who would love to work at a club like Hibs and the structure that she has helped put in place.

However I do believe that her reputation doesn’t come out of this episode untarnished. If that’s a shocking thing to say then so be it.

What you said isnt shocking what he did IMO is. It has zero no basis in fact and IMO he doesnt like the fact somebody he likes was removed from the job so he is for me running us down without any facts.

leitchalan
01-02-2019, 09:32 PM

However I do believe that her reputation doesn’t come out of this episode untarnished. If that’s a shocking thing to say then so be it.Maybe ask Gary Ohagan.
17 years at Hibs then !!!!!!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190201/f810935e9c1c133272fbaa2e6f182060.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jacomo
01-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Chris Sutton is just trying to stir it up.

Everyone is phoning NL for a chat to try and get some gossip... and he’s probably half cut and mouthing off.

Annoying, but I wouldn’t take it seriously.

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Maybe ask Gary Ohagan.
17 years at Hibs then !!!!!!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190201/f810935e9c1c133272fbaa2e6f182060.jpg

He isn't a manager. So that is irrelevant.

greenlex
01-02-2019, 09:36 PM

We donr appoint a managers we appoint head coaches. Their job is to coach the players. They will get input into recruitment but it’s not really up to them. The media old pals act are all stuck in a 25 year time warp

leitchalan
01-02-2019, 09:40 PM
He isn't a manager. So that is irrelevant.How is it irrelevant. The question was Who Would Want To Work For LD.
He had been at Hibs for 17 years.
Was he pushed or did he jump.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 09:41 PM
We donr appoint a managers we appoint head coaches. Their job is to coach the players. They will get input into recruitment but it’s not really up to them. The media old pals act are all stuck in a 25 year time warp

That’s a whole new argument whether a tradional manager structure or a Football Dept is the right way to go.

Need another thread for that :)

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 09:42 PM
How is it irrelevant. The question was Who Would Want To Work For LD.

Yes it was and it was clearly meant as a football manager not to supply pies or any other role or (roll boom boom) at the club. So yes it is irrelevant.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 09:43 PM
How is it irrelevant. The question was Who Would Want To Work For LD.

I think we all know that he was encouraged to leave, personally the club is worse off with him not being there but he’s doing fine in his other roles in football.

Austinho
01-02-2019, 09:44 PM
No you cant the only names that matter are the managers names. Stubbs and Lennon. Everything else is irrelevant if the managers have not stated this negative. Stubbs has not nor has Lennon. Her dealings with other aspects of the club are irrelevant.She was at Motherwell for 5/6 years before us - apparently Craig Brown found her ‘difficult to deal with’.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2185160/leeann-dempster-craig-brown-motherwell-sfa/amp/

To save you clicking on The Sun, it’s an article from when Leeann was touted for the SFA job and Brown said ‘She wasn’t straight-forward, nothing was straight-forward and therefore I cannot be in support’ and claimed if you asked Archie Knox or 3 or 4 senior Motherwell players, they would say the same.

greenlex
01-02-2019, 09:46 PM
She was at Motherwell for 5/6 years before us - apparently Craig Brown found her ‘difficult to deal with’.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2185160/leeann-dempster-craig-brown-motherwell-sfa/amp/

To save you clicking on The Sun, it’s an article from when Leeann was touted for the SFA job and Brown said ‘She wasn’t straight-forward, nothing was straight-forward and therefore I cannot be in support’ and claimed if you asked Archie Knox or 3 or 4 senior Motherwell players, they would say the same.
Another dinosaur.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2019, 09:47 PM
She was at Motherwell for 5/6 years before us - apparently Craig Brown found her ‘difficult to deal with’.

Archie Knox and Craig Brown though. Christ.

leitchalan
01-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Yes it was and it was clearly meant as a football manager not to supply pies or any other role or (roll boom boom) at the club. So yes it is irrelevant.He was a director in many different positions. Not a pie seller. So would have worked closer & seen more of LD than a manager.

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 09:49 PM
He was a director in many different positions. Not a pie seller. So would have worked closer & seen more of LD than a manager.

I was not saying he was I am saying and I do not see what is so hard to grasp here all other roles are irrelevant.

Itsnoteasy
01-02-2019, 09:51 PM
I think we all know that he was encouraged to leave, personally the club is worse off with him not being there but he’s doing fine in his other roles in football.

Got to agree with you.

PaulSmith
01-02-2019, 09:52 PM
I was not saying he was I am saying and I do not see what is so hard to grasp here all other roles are irrelevant.

To be fair to the other poster there has to be a thought that if you manage in a particular fashion it’s not going to materially change from one employee to another?

Captain Trips
01-02-2019, 09:58 PM
To be fair to the other poster there has to be a thought that if you manage in a particular fashion it’s not going to materially change from one employee to another?

Who said it did? The way she acts might be fine for 7 out of 10 people and maybe 3 out of 10 do not like. The point in this thread is that it was about her and the football managers job and both managers have not stated these remarks. So other peoples dealings are irrelevant.

SquashedFrogg
01-02-2019, 09:59 PM

You mean like Lennon?

overdrive
01-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Did Stuart McCall not praise his working relationship with LD as well?

For balance, I’ve come across a few Hibs employees (potentially now ex-employees) who said she was a nightmare to work for.

BullsCloseHibs
01-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Must be great earing the money he has and being able to rip the pi5h out of folk. He is a welt.

brog
01-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Strachan is correct in saying that people have disagreements all the time but given the very public criticism of Kamberi you have to wonder just how bad it was behind closed doors. I have unfortunately worked with bosses that displayed bullying characteristics and it's incredibly unpleasant. Not only do you lose your confidence - you tend to play it safe and try not to get things wrong rather try to get things right - but the example set by the boss is often copied by others and a bullying culture becomes entrenched in the organisation which is incredibly dangerous to the future success. We evidenced a corrosive culture with Butcher & Malpass and the consequences were all too evident. If LD felt that the behaviour of the leadership was OTT and unacceptable then she / Hibs had no option than to take action to safeguard the future success of the club and that, in my opinion, is the sort of person you would want to work with.

None of us really know what happened but there's 2 things which are not disputed. 1) Kamberi was singled out for criticism in front of his teammates, 2) NL also publicly criticised Kamberi to the press. I posted earlier those 2 actions contravene the basic principles of management, whether in a football or office environment. Again, Strachan talked about Conte locking the Italian team in the dressing room & raging at them. That's perfectly fine, that's collective responsibility & the manager/coach is included. You also have to be consistent, if it's acceptable for Efe to overstay his holiday by a week then you can't jump all over a young player for not performing. I think you make excellent points in your post, there's a fine line between discipline & bullying & LD's experience of the Butcher/Malpas situation may have had an influence on her actions.

dchibs
01-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Who cares what he says/thinks. He’s not the sharpest tool in the box.

He is a tool though.

Hibeesmad
01-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Dempster has been fantastic for our football club. She came in at a time where the club was falling apart. She brought people in and created a structure. We have won the Scottish Cup, been promoted back to the Premiership and established ourselves as one of the biggest clubs in Scotland bringing back the good feel factor amongst the support. The thing which scares me is that she doesn’t seem to be as outgoing in terms of communication with the fans, she was nowhere to be seen during the dismissal of our manager and I get the feeling her days here might be coming to an end. Whatever happens, she has done a fantastic job.

FifeHibs
01-02-2019, 10:19 PM
Dempster has been fantastic for our football club. She came in at a time where the club was falling apart. She brought people in and created a structure. We have won the Scottish Cup, been promoted back to the Premiership and established ourselves as one of the biggest clubs in Scotland bringing back the good feel factor amongst the support. The thing which scares me is that she doesn’t seem to be as outgoing in terms of communication with the fans, she was nowhere to be seen during the dismissal of our manager and I get the feeling her days here might be coming to an end. Whatever happens, she has done a fantastic job.

Will be away in the summer

where'stheslope
01-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Look, Sutton says one thing out of line, if its against the Yams its fine, if its against us its all out war?
As no one knows what happened and everything is speculation, could Lennon have said something out of line and as CEO she took exception and hence the parting of ways?
But I'm sure Sutton is in close contact with Lennon and could be where his statement came from?
We will never know, but our club will keep going and the likes of Sutton does not count in the real world!!!

bigwheel
01-02-2019, 10:23 PM

Feels like it doesn't it...no problem with that...CEOs often have a natural lifespan in role. Could be good to have a fresh mindset in role. Dempster has had a good chapter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
01-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Feels like it doesn't it...no problem with that...CEOs often have a natural lifespan in role. Could be good to have a fresh mindset in role. Dempster has had a good chapter.

If this was the case and she was to leave in the summer could this explain the reasoning behind players only coming until the summer, and could this also mean an appointment of manager only until the end of the season

FifeHibs
01-02-2019, 10:30 PM
If this was the case and she was to leave in the summer could this explain the reasoning behind players only coming until the summer, and could this also mean an appointment of manager only until the end of the season

All CEOs have a natural path. Leeann has made some very good decisions and as in business some bad decisions.
Leeann has also previously spoken about being over half way through the journey with Hibs. I think the journey with Hibs will be accelerated to a completion by the summer. Unfortunately Leeann has not came out of this situation glowingly.

PatHead
01-02-2019, 10:40 PM
All CEOs have a natural path. Leeann has made some very good decisions and as in business some bad decisions.
Leeann has also previously spoken about being over half way through the journey with Hibs. I think the journey with Hibs will be accelerated to a completion by the summer. Unfortunately Leeann has not came out of this situation glowingly.

Be careful what you wish for. Remember the mess we were in before she came.

One Day Soon
01-02-2019, 10:46 PM
This thread is pretty mental.

Sutton's a pundit and pundits say pundity things so that they keep getting hired as pundits.

I quite enjoy Sutton's nonsense but I don't particularly take seriously what he says and certainly not about us.

I've never met a flawless boss or employee and I doubt LD is bothered in the slightest what Sutton says.

Purple & Green
01-02-2019, 10:47 PM
Fwiw and to be clear, I'm not part of any Dempster or board cult who think they do no wrong.

But since you mention cults, it's the one eyed view of some (not paulsmith) that Lennon has been hard done by which has prompted a few of my posts on this matter.

FWIW it wasn’t meant as a dig at you or anyone else. I’m ambivalent about Lennon and Dempster but if it is true Lennon has left and we’ve paid up his contract in full then I think there’s valid questions to be asked of LD. it seems to me that there seems to be a view that we shouldn’t ask those questions - I think the fans deserve better.

DaveF
01-02-2019, 10:54 PM
FWIW it wasn’t meant as a dig at you or anyone else. I’m ambivalent about Lennon and Dempster but if it is true Lennon has left and we’ve paid up his contract in full then I think there’s valid questions to be asked of LD. it seems to me that there seems to be a view that we shouldn’t ask those questions - I think the fans deserve better.

Can't disagree with that.

If we have paid up his contract in full then that needs explaining in regards to what really went on.

ancient hibee
01-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Can't disagree with that.

If we have paid up his contract in full then that needs explaining in regards to what really went on.

And if it isn’t true then it doesn’t?

DaveF
01-02-2019, 11:02 PM

Not to me, no.

Sorry :-)

B.H.F.C
01-02-2019, 11:03 PM
Kris Boyd having a go at her in his column in The Sun as well now.

IWasThere2016
01-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Chris Sutton is Neil Lennon's mate.

What did everyone expect him to say?

I'll save may frothing for an occasion that is deserving of it.

This.

And this is why many journos have said NL and GP were paid off. It's because they were and they tell their media mates, ex-player pals, agents etc etc.. There are few secrets in football - and very few in Scottish football.

SideBurns
01-02-2019, 11:11 PM
Kris Boyd having a go at her in his column in The Sun as well now.

If I'm still around the next time we win the cup, I'll buy The Sun and The Record - and every other paper I can get my hands on - the following day. Until then, I'll avoid both of those rags like the plague. I only hear about the s***e they spout on Hibs.net!

DaveF
01-02-2019, 11:12 PM
I guess we will find out in next year's accounts as to whether they were paid off or not.

bigwheel
01-02-2019, 11:16 PM
I guess we will find out in next year's accounts as to whether they were paid off or not.

Of course they were paid off...mutual agreement....not sacked, not resigned. Core part of that means that a Compromise financial agreement was also reached. There is no suggestion in that outcome that there is no financial compensation .

Why would they not be?

wallpaperman
01-02-2019, 11:32 PM
So we could have *****ed half a million plus on paying off this pair, if the reports are true?

This will set us back badly, especially compared to our neighbours as we don't have the same fan donations that they do or the mystery benefactors.

Slightly depressing times.

heidtheba
01-02-2019, 11:33 PM
I certainly don't know what happened and doubt I ever will. LD is with us and has my backing.
Is Chris Sutton biased against her because John played at Motherwell when she was there? Was there a fall out or something we don't know about between his brother and Motherwell staff etc?

HibeeHibernian4
01-02-2019, 11:42 PM
Maybe Sutton could do with asking the question "who would want to work under my mate 'Lenny'". Florian Kamberi certainly wouldn't.

Mango Man
02-02-2019, 12:13 AM
I just can't get my head around folk slating LD, fair enough all this business seems a bit off, but look at the job she has done for us, and Motherwell before us as well, this is the first real mishap in her reign, I hope she sticks around for a while yet.

monarch
02-02-2019, 12:21 AM
This.

And this is why many journos have said NL and GP were paid off. It's because they were and they tell their media mates, ex-player pals, agents etc etc.. There are few secrets in football - and very few in Scottish football.

Lennon must have been paid off in full because Keith Jackson at the DR said it was so. After all he was the journo that revealed that Craig Whyte had wealth off the radar when he bought Sevco :greengrin

Smartie
02-02-2019, 12:24 AM
I just can't get my head around folk slating LD, fair enough all this business seems a bit off, but look at the job she has done for us, and Motherwell before us as well, this is the first real mishap in her reign, I hope she sticks around for a while yet.

Yep, and depending on the detail it might not have even been a mishap, more of an unfortunate inevitability.

I do think that things have gone a bit stale at Hibs for a while but this change may be the jolt that everyone has needed to give themselves a shake and raise their game.

Forza Fred
02-02-2019, 01:30 AM

I sincerely hope not.

She has done exceptionally well in her few years here.......how quickly some forget the shambles we were in just prior to her arrival, with even street meetings taking place voicing our distrust and disapproval of the way things were going.

Lennie’s media friends will naturally push his barrow publicly offering opaque one liners with no substance to back them up.

Leeann on the other hand, I expect to display her undoubted professionalism, and ignore them, and get on with the job of running the football club.

If Leann DID leave, I am sure her services would be quickly sought after.

Neil Lennon on the other hand, may not be such an attractive potential employee...

OsloHibs
02-02-2019, 03:12 AM
I seen interviews with former players McGinn & Henderson praising Leann & George- I'll trust them rather than a ex celtic man who's never had anything to do with Hibs.

truehibernian
02-02-2019, 04:34 AM
I don't think Dempster will be with Hibs next season.

She will :aok:

Jones28
02-02-2019, 05:05 AM

Some people are so blinkered in their loyalty to NL that they cannot see home having done anything wrong.

There is culture amongst certain Hibs supporters and that is to blame the board before looking at anything else. Maybe it's down to historical reasons and I can understand that in all fairness, but this incident should be taken in seperate context - namely that we had two wins in fourteen and that included home games against the bottom two, under a manager that was backed financially in the summer.

As for Chris Sutton, I was starting to like him. He sticks up for the Scottish game and is not afraid to speak his mind. This however reeks of old pals act and is dissapointing.

The Baldmans Comb
02-02-2019, 05:30 AM
Sutton made a few decent points albeit in his usual condescending manner

Dempster doesnt come out of this at all well.

Her communication skills have been very poor and her leadership skills absolutely non existent.

Its been over a week now and she has said absolutely nothing.

That's really not how a Chief Executive should act in times of crisis.

truehibernian
02-02-2019, 05:39 AM

Her communication skills have been very poor and her leadership skills absolutely non existent.

Why ? Because she hasn't satisfied the Scottish media with the truth ? Or are you wanting Hibs to air the whole situation to the masses ?

Personally Leeann has come out of this unscathed and intact - within Hibernian FC - that, and only that, is what matters :aok: The media and anyone else can continue to speculate - as long as that annoys them, that's fine by me :agree:

highland hibbee
02-02-2019, 05:47 AM
Why ? Because she hasn't satisfied the Scottish media with the truth ? Or are you wanting Hibs to air the whole situation to the masses ?

Personally Leeann has come out of this unscathed and intact - within Hibernian FC - that, and only that, is what matters :aok: The media and anyone else can continue to speculate - as long as that annoys them, that's fine by me :agree:

totally agree with everything you say. Give me Leanne Dempster over any of the journalists and the ex footballers currently spouting pish to all who will listen
MS Dempster has carried out her work in a professional and discreet manner.
GGTTH

Forza Fred
02-02-2019, 05:57 AM
totally agree with everything you say. Give me Leanne Dempster over any of the journalists and the ex footballers currently spouting pish to all who will listen
MS Dempster has carried out her work in a professional and discreet manner.
GGTTH

Yep, Leeann has been totally professional.

Lennie’s media mates on the other hand are trying to paint him as the ‘victim’

I hope he can find a club to manage who ‘shares his ambition’...

The Baldmans Comb
02-02-2019, 06:11 AM

Any Chief Executive should earn their money showing courage and leadership so far Dempster has done nothing but leave a trail of unanswered questions and communicated nothing not even a leadership rallying call which is the very least a leader should do.

Her principal duty is not to the Scottish media but to the Hibs supporters and the Hibs shareholders and she has failed entirely to engage with us.

That is very poor by any standards in any organization.

jacomo
02-02-2019, 06:38 AM
Hibs was a failing organisation when LD arrived.

The infrastructure was great (I think Garry O’Hagan played a big role in this) but the day to day business of running a football club was a mess.

Change was needed and if LD ruffled a few feathers along the way...

However, Lennon leaving has exposed some issues and a lack of communication with the supporters. I hope LD takes some time off, recharges the batteries and comes back ready for fresh challenges.

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2019, 06:47 AM
Sutton's blinkered to anything that upsets celtc and his pals. For example he was fuming about Rogic missing a game for an Australia fixture but didn't care three Hibs players missed out because of it. Likewise he's praising Aberdeen for not bending down to bids from down south but never criticises Celtc for low balling or bullying other clubs up here.

jacomo
02-02-2019, 07:08 AM
This.

NL briefing his pals in the media would seem to be in breach of any agreement reached with Hibs.

If there was a large pay off involved, I hope we have held some of it back in case this continues.

But who knows what to believe?

Springbank
02-02-2019, 07:10 AM
Maybe Sutton could do with asking the question "who would want to work under my mate 'Lenny'". Florian Kamberi certainly wouldn't.

Bullseye.

Neil Lennon had some good times here (especially the cup run in our defence of the Scottish Cup, thrashing hearts after a replay)

But Craig Levein broke him in the May 2018 derby. never the same again after that and im relieved he is away.

bigwheel
02-02-2019, 07:17 AM
Bullseye.

Neil Lennon had some good times here (especially the cup run in our defence of the Scottish Cup, thrashing hearts after a replay)

But Craig Levein broke him in the May 2018 derby. never the same again after that and im relieved he is away.

Must be a parody post

FilipinoHibs
02-02-2019, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;5693652]Must be a parody post

No think very accurate. His behaviour very erratic and unacceptable since that defeat. Although disappeared for a while when things were tricky earlier in the season. Some put down to depression but maybe pressure from poor results triggers his mental state.

we are hibs
02-02-2019, 07:30 AM
So that's Davie Hay, kris Commons, 50 stone Boyd, Sutton, Keith Jackson, Hartson all had a go at hibs in the media in recent days. All with about 5 brain cells between them.

bigwheel
02-02-2019, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;5693652]Must be a parody post

No think very accurate. His behaviour very erratic and unacceptable since that defeat. Although disappeared for a while when things were tricky earlier in the season. Some put down to depression but maybe pressure from poor results triggers his mental state.

Just so I understand this point. You and at least one other, believe that Lennon's results and management has been affected by one game against Hearts:

And this has been a bigger factor than some minor items, such as:

Losing 4/5 of our most influential players over the summer
Mixed recruitment choices
His personal , well noted, battles with his mental health
Injuries to key players from the start of the season
Continued injuries to players
Some poor selection decisions
Some poor formation decisions
And
The poor form of some players who delivered last year

Well,I must say. It's a most convincing point you have [emoji102][emoji23]

BSEJVT
02-02-2019, 07:32 AM

And yet your recent posting history (I am not one of those folk that trawl back forever to prove a point but my recollection which may be flawed would be that you always post in this vein about the club) shows absolutely no balance at all

It is dig after dig at the club on each and every thread you post on.

Hibs Net has been really hard work the past few months, it seems like there are endless folk crawling out the woodwork who have been waiting for the opportunity to come on and slag the club / board about each and every thing.

It is noticeable that their posting history has rocketed recently where they were quiet as the grave the past 2 or 3 years.

Watching Hibs can drive me nuts sometimes but if the experience was as brutal for me as it must be for the many folk wanting to continuously rail against the club I would have given Hibs Net and Hibs up a long long time ago.

In the middle of the pre sacking (because that is exactly what it was, despite public utterances) terrible run folk rightly to a point said Lennon had credit in the Bank and deserved time.

Yet the board / club never get any of this, in the eyes of many they are permanently overdrawn.

Most folk don't like the people they work for or the people running their golf club or laddies football team. There is a reason for this, it is because the folk that run these things don't have the luxury of living in that individuals personal utopian view of what they think should happen.

They need to deal with the realities of the situation and that requires hard choices.

If I came on here and found that every poster on here was fully behind every board decision made I would be scared witless as that would tell me that they had lost control.

The ongoing demonization of individuals on the board, some more than others it has to be said, is disgusting.

These folk are either employed by the club or giving up their time to help the club progress and don't deserve it.

I wonder what this site would look like if we had someone like say the Oyston's of Blackpool running the show

DaveF
02-02-2019, 07:39 AM
Of course they were paid off...mutual agreement....not sacked, not resigned. Core part of that means that a Compromise financial agreement was also reached. There is no suggestion in that outcome that there is no financial compensation .

Why would they not be?

I meant paid off in full as people are suggesting or in part.

bigwheel
02-02-2019, 07:46 AM
I meant paid off in full as people are suggesting or in part.

Dave, Even if he was sacked he would get what he is due...there may be some bonuses unpaid, or there may be some compromise agreed (less money) if the money is paid up front. But most probably they have came to an agreement that he keeps getting his salary for the remainder of the contract...that is employment law at work.

DaveF
02-02-2019, 07:48 AM
Dave, Even if he was sacked he would get what he is due...there may be some bonuses unpaid, or there may be some compromise agreed (less money) if the money is paid up front. But most probably they have came to an agreement that he keeps getting his salary for the remainder of the contract...that is employment law at work.

Fair enough I don't know anything about it so will defer on that point.

I'll still wait for the accounts rather than believe Keith Jackson though :-)

Mr Grieves
02-02-2019, 07:57 AM
Sutton is also in the record saying hibs are lucky that Lennon isn't suing us

Northernhibee
02-02-2019, 07:59 AM

What a welt.

Purple & Green
02-02-2019, 08:00 AM

Yes. Absolutely.

CentreLine
02-02-2019, 08:02 AM
Not sure if it has already been brought up on the thread but I thought the interview with John Hughes on SPL Matters last night was the best I have ever heard him speak. Despite the best efforts of Chris Boyd to build a negative narrative against LD and Hibs Yogi was very clear that working at Hibs was the easiest job for a coach. He was fully supportive of the club and it’s structure and it’s recruitment policy. He also went in to say that, if he was to be head coach again, he would have to build a bridge. No mention of RP, any issues he would have to resolve would be with George Craig, with whom he had a fall out at Falkirk.
Boyd constantly tried to push an anti LD and recruitment team agenda. Yogi was having none of it.

Fergos
02-02-2019, 08:03 AM

You have went in one thread from “i dont think LD will be here in the summer” to the above more definitive quote.

How would you know, you must have a great source to be so sure?

GGTTH

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2019, 08:06 AM
You have went in one thread from “i dont think LD will be here in the summer” to the above more definitive quote.

How would you know, you must have a great source to be so sure?

GGTTH

He doesn't know.

stoneyburn hibs
02-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Chris Sutton: The pricks prick.

Purple & Green
02-02-2019, 08:09 AM

The key element being that he wouldn’t be able to work for anyone else for the next 18 months while he is paid what he is due. Hence players and managers strike compromises to allow them to move into their next job.

Maybe Lennon has no intention of taking another job so is quite happy to be paid by hibs until the end of his contract I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

matty_f
02-02-2019, 08:11 AM

Sutton understands football but clearly not how disciplinary batters are dealt with in business.

Because Lennon's lawyers will know how that works, they'll have told him categorically that he has no case to sue Hibs.

greenpaper55
02-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Who would work for LD ? certainly not Sutton that's for sure, a mouthpiece who has failed at everything since he stopped playing and who will hopefully be out a job when BT lose the TV right !

Mr Grieves
02-02-2019, 08:12 AM
What a welt.

Aye, also blames hibs for the narrative that was allowed to develop. Surely that's the fault of the newspapers, like the one his article is in, speculating about what had happened? :rolleyes:

madhatter
02-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Sutton understands football but clearly not how disciplinary batters are dealt with in business.

Because Lennon's lawyers will know how that works, they'll have told him categorically that he has no case to sue Hibs.

Are we back to rumours of a battering? :wink:

bigwheel
02-02-2019, 08:14 AM
The key element being that he wouldn’t be able to work for anyone else for the next 18 months while he is paid what he is due. Hence players and managers strike compromises to allow them to move into their next job.

Maybe Lennon has no intention of taking another job so is quite happy to be paid by hibs until the end of his contract I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, could just be the payment terms - rather than any restrictions of work

bigwheel
02-02-2019, 08:15 AM
Fair enough I don't know anything about it so will defer on that point.

I'll still wait for the accounts rather than believe Keith Jackson though :-)

Hahahaha. Good choice !

southsider
02-02-2019, 08:23 AM
An attention craving, ignorant, dinosaur, clearly sucking up to his old boy pals, desperate for their approval.

Or, twa*. Either is fine.

Kris Boyd is the same. Doing all the can to rubbish Hibs. Lost all respect for NL now. He can go to Hell.

CapitalGreen
02-02-2019, 08:36 AM
If Neil Lennon was so badly treated by the board, why did he agree for a statement to be released via the club website that begins:

“Neil Lennon said: “I would like to thank the board,...”

DetroitHibs
02-02-2019, 08:37 AM
So we've heard from Lennon's mates that he wasn't in the wrong. SDG said it was a normal day and the backroom staff all backed Lennon too. Maybe just maybe, this isn't all Neil Lennon's doing. That's a lot of people who are a lot more in the know than we are, all have his back. Can you name one person that's actually backing LD and the club right now?

Fergos
02-02-2019, 08:38 AM
If Neil Lennon was so badly treated by the board, why did he agree for a statement to be released via the club website that begins:

“Neil Lennon said: “I would like to thank the board,...”

Exactly, but this won’t fit with the board / club bashers, far too logical.

GGTTH.

Keith_M
02-02-2019, 08:50 AM
So we could have *****ed half a million plus on paying off this pair, if the reports are true?

This will set us back badly, especially compared to our neighbours as we don't have the same fan donations that they do or the mystery benefactors.

Slightly depressing times.

It's nice when an undercover poster is so transparent about it.

CapitalGreen
02-02-2019, 08:50 AM
So we've heard from Lennon's mates that he wasn't in the wrong. SDG said it was a normal day and the backroom staff all backed Lennon too. Maybe just maybe, this isn't all Neil Lennon's doing. That's a lot of people who are a lot more in the know than we are, all have his back. Can you name one person that's actually backing LD and the club right now?

Me

DaveF
02-02-2019, 08:53 AM

I think we have to assume to whatever went on between Lennon and Dempster has done for him and led us to this compromise parting of the ways. Lennon's mates - right, well they are not going to be slagging him eh? David Gray wasn't at that meeting so what else do you expect him to say?

Bottom line in all of this, is that Lennon was a failing manager. His irrational behaviour towards Kamberi, his strange selections, his general lack of interest (to me anyway) led us to 8th place and falling. But his mates won't mention that will they? If he has worked his ticket out of the club and somehow forced the board to bin him on full pay, then well done him. As poor as a manager as I thought he was, he isn't daft.

But as a fan, I want the team on the park to be doing well, that was his responsibility and he was wasn't getting it right so cheerio Neil, let's move on to life after him.

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2019, 08:55 AM

Yes, but those who currently "have his back" are his mates in the press who make a living from trying to be controversial.

Headlines such as "Lennon agrees amicable conclusion and parts on good terms" doesn't sell.

Unfortunately some people believe everything that comes out of their mouths. Or people 'want' to believe as it fits with their relentless, and frankly obsessive, hatred of the board.

McD
02-02-2019, 08:56 AM
Any Chief Executive should earn their money showing courage and leadership so far Dempster has done nothing but leave a trail of unanswered questions and communicated nothing not even a leadership rallying call which is the very least a leader should do.

Her principal duty is not to the Scottish media but to the Hibs supporters and the Hibs shareholders and she has failed entirely to engage with us.

That is very poor by any standards in any organization.

Her principal duty is to keep the football club operating properly. Do you know if she has or hasn’t been speaking with employees of the club, galvanising them to pull in the same forward looking direction? Leading her people? If she has made a rallying call with her teams of people who are employed to move things forward?

no, you don’t. None of us do. Yet because she’s not come out in the press which has been loaded towards Lennon for days now, she’s suddenly an awful leader. Everything we’ve been told over the last few days is that club have been working hard to secure players to add to the squad, with some success (not all). I’m sure Dempster was a big part of that, from motivating and encouraging people, to signing off on negotiations, offers of payment and salaries, and also looking at possible managerial appointments. I can only speak for myself, I’d far rather the leader of my club was doing that, than fretting about what is being spouted by a media with an agenda against her and her club (in regards to how they are painting Lennon and Hibs through this), or worrying that some fans are feeling left out with a petted lip that she isn’t providing us with every detail. Or perhaps there’s this to consider... maybe, just maybe she’s is legally bound by HR laws, contracts, and common decency not to air private details, conversations, possible payments and possible incidents publicly.

none of us know what happened behind closed doors, what she did, or what Lennon did. Yet there seems to be a default position with some that the board/Dempster/Petrie must be at fault.

Youve said it’s poor by any standards in any organisation. From that, I assume that if you are ever involved in anything like this in your employment, you’ll be more than happy for your line manager to publicly announce to your colleagues and the wider public what has happened and what the implications for you are in your ongoing employment with the company?

PaulSmith
02-02-2019, 08:59 AM
And yet your recent posting history (I am not one of those folk that trawl back forever to prove a point but my recollection which may be flawed would be that you always post in this vein about the club) shows absolutely no balance at all

It is dig after dig at the club on each and every thread you post on.

Hibs Net has been really hard work the past few months, it seems like there are endless folk crawling out the woodwork who have been waiting for the opportunity to come on and slag the club / board about each and every thing.

It is noticeable that their posting history has rocketed recently where they were quiet as the grave the past 2 or 3 years.

Watching Hibs can drive me nuts sometimes but if the experience was as brutal for me as it must be for the many folk wanting to continuously rail against the club I would have given Hibs Net and Hibs up a long long time ago.

In the middle of the pre sacking (because that is exactly what it was, despite public utterances) terrible run folk rightly to a point said Lennon had credit in the Bank and deserved time.

Yet the board / club never get any of this, in the eyes of many they are permanently overdrawn.

Most folk don't like the people they work for or the people running their golf club or laddies football team. There is a reason for this, it is because the folk that run these things don't have the luxury of living in that individuals personal utopian view of what they think should happen.

They need to deal with the realities of the situation and that requires hard choices.

If I came on here and found that every poster on here was fully behind every board decision made I would be scared witless as that would tell me that they had lost control.

The ongoing demonization of individuals on the board, some more than others it has to be said, is disgusting.

These folk are either employed by the club or giving up their time to help the club progress and don't deserve it.

I wonder what this site would look like if we had someone like say the Oyston's of Blackpool running the show

You’re recollection is flawed and incorrect. I’ve just went back over my last 6 pages of posts and you are talking absolute rubbish. They are visible to everyone so I’ll let others judge but I do ask myself why you’d try to call me out?

Unless you’re using the wee snippets from the PM Board to form an opinion. If you are then you are out of order but that’s your prerogative.

McD
02-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Me

And me. She has earned plenty credit in her time here.

People led have been banging on bout Lennon having credit in the bank for a few months now. LD was the one who appointed and enabled him to earn his credit, and also has the credit earned for turning round a complete basket case, and leading us to the Scottish cup.

McD
02-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Yes, but those who currently "have his back" are his mates in the press who make a living from trying to be controversial.

Headlines such as "Lennon agrees amicable conclusion and parts on good terms" doesn't sell.

Unfortunately some people believe everything that comes out of their mouths. Or people 'want' to believe as it fits with their relentless, and frankly obsessive, hatred of the board.

Agree

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2019, 09:07 AM

Crisis? This gets more laughable every day.

Diclonius
02-02-2019, 09:18 AM
It's a shame how many people are falling for the all-out PR war from Lennon's mates in the media against Dempster. A real shame.

Now is the time to close ranks and get behind the club. There's plenty to slander the board for. Not this.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2019, 09:19 AM
And me. She has earned plenty credit in her time here.

People led have been banging on bout Lennon having credit in the bank for a few months now. LD was the one who appointed and enabled him to earn his credit, and also has the credit earned for turning round a complete basket case, and leading us to the Scottish cup.Similar view here.

Before this episode I was becoming concerned about the threats to leave, random public slatings of some under performers but not others, abysmal recent league run, baffling tactics and the feeling that it wasn't going to turn around.

Maybe the people who have the direction of the club as their responsibility expected better results and conduct than this and had seen it before.

I enjoyed most of his time here and am concerned some of the highs might be a long time coming again but with hindsight I'd have moved him on earlier if we could. For what it's worth I think he did something that gave us the opportunity and I'm glad we took it because of what I was seeing on the pitch as much as anything else.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

neil7908
02-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Chris Sutton is the Katie Hopkins of the footballing world - says any old rubbish for attention.

scooby
02-02-2019, 09:30 AM
We should all put Lennons media cronies on mute, pricks like Sutton are best ignored.
LD must have had serious concerns to suspend him, she's a very smart woman.
It's done, we move on, we support the team, and we get behind the new manager once appointed.
GGTH

lapsedhibee
02-02-2019, 09:33 AM

I don't think you can sue someone for ducking if you throw a chair at that person for being a lesbian. At least not until we throw off the shackles of the EU Court of Justice.

southsider
02-02-2019, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=DetroitHibs;5693702]So we've heard from Lennon's mates that he wasn't in the wrong. SDG said it was a normal day and the backroom staff all backed Lennon too. Maybe just maybe, this isn't all Neil Lennon's doing. That's a lot of people who are a lot more in the know than we are, all have his back. Can you name one person that's actually backing LD and the club right now?[/QUOTE
Me. Perhaps NL was guilty of a hate crime & deserved to be dimissed. Lost the plot once to often but we have a team to support.

Roxyhibee
02-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Me

And me.

Since she’s arrived, we’ve enjoyed some great football, a lot of memorable success against Sevco, Celtic, and Hearts, been in Europe twice, had the biggest season ticket sales in 60 years - and won the Scottish Cup.

No’ bad in just over 4 years.

B.H.F.C
02-02-2019, 09:38 AM
It's a shame how many people are falling for the all-out PR war from Lennon's mates in the media against Dempster. A real shame.

Now is the time to close ranks and get behind the club. There's plenty to slander the board for. Not this.

Disagree about closing ranks. I think Dempster needs to come out fighting and not allow her, or the clubs, reputation to be dragged through the mud.

I won’t criticising her for what has happened with Lennon as I don’t know what has happened, whether she’s acted professionally or not.

But as things stand I think we’re likely to hear from her when we get a new manager. Then again when she wants our season ticket money.

The club have been happy to shout about the good things and be visible when things have been going well in the last few years. It’s been very quiet this year, when things have been going less well, even before the Lennon stuff kicked off. That seems to be the way of things at the moment. Take the whole ticketing fiasco. It’s not an issue on the scale of the managerial one, but it’s just silence in relation to everything.

Brooster
02-02-2019, 09:48 AM
So.....Lennon was way off the scale and getting worse by the day and as a result gets suspended then sacked (3 months late in my opinion) but everyone seems to fall for the media hype. Hibs are absolutely in the right on this one....in my opinion.

Hibstrooper
02-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Me

And my axe!

JimBHibees
02-02-2019, 10:19 AM
Her principal duty is to keep the football club operating properly. Do you know if she has or hasn’t been speaking with employees of the club, galvanising them to pull in the same forward looking direction? Leading her people? If she has made a rallying call with her teams of people who are employed to move things forward?

no, you don’t. None of us do. Yet because she’s not come out in the press which has been loaded towards Lennon for days now, she’s suddenly an awful leader. Everything we’ve been told over the last few days is that club have been working hard to secure players to add to the squad, with some success (not all). I’m sure Dempster was a big part of that, from motivating and encouraging people, to signing off on negotiations, offers of payment and salaries, and also looking at possible managerial appointments. I can only speak for myself, I’d far rather the leader of my club was doing that, than fretting about what is being spouted by a media with an agenda against her and her club (in regards to how they are painting Lennon and Hibs through this), or worrying that some fans are feeling left out with a petted lip that she isn’t providing us with every detail. Or perhaps there’s this to consider... maybe, just maybe she’s is legally bound by HR laws, contracts, and common decency not to air private details, conversations, possible payments and possible incidents publicly.

none of us know what happened behind closed doors, what she did, or what Lennon did. Yet there seems to be a default position with some that the board/Dempster/Petrie must be at fault.

Youve said it’s poor by any standards in any organisation. From that, I assume that if you are ever involved in anything like this in your employment, you’ll be more than happy for your line manager to publicly announce to your colleagues and the wider public what has happened and what the implications for you are in your ongoing employment with the company?

Great post totally agree.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2019, 10:22 AM

Good post. I think everyone needs to keep an open mind about these strange turn of events until all the facts are out in the open. Lots of people are assuming NL acted in a moment of madness but there’s also the possibility Leeanne did too and the ‘suspension’ decision wasn’t thought through.

jacomo
02-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Crisis? This gets more laughable every day.

Er, in the grand scheme of things no, but Hibs were in a crisis situation last week in terms of the business - a sudden, unexpected and negative situation had developed and they had to respond quickly.

I think that response was flawed (and has partly invited some of the criticism now in the media) but it’s been discussed to death. LD does deserve huge credit overall for her work at Hibs since 2014 and has had the interests of the club at heart.

jacomo
02-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Good post. I think everyone needs to keep an open mind about these strange turn of events until all the facts are out in the open. Lots of people are assuming NL acted in a moment of madness but there’s also the possibility Leeanne did too and the ‘suspension’ decision wasn’t thought through.

I really don’t think it was the result of a single incident.

As many others have said, there have been plenty of signs that things were not right behind the scenes for some time.

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2019, 10:40 AM
Er, in the grand scheme of things no, but Hibs were in a crisis situation last week in terms of the business - a sudden, unexpected and negative situation had developed and they had to respond quickly.

I think that response was flawed (and has partly invited some of the criticism now in the media) but it’s been discussed to death. LD does deserve huge credit overall for her work at Hibs since 2014 and has had the interests of the club at heart.

What has happened hardly constitutes a crisis situation. That was my point. We had an issue at the club that was resolved. We also won a match during this period.

The word 'crisis' made me chuckle though.

superfurryhibby
02-02-2019, 10:48 AM

Do you not agree that Lennon’s behaviour, his bizarre criticism of players, lack of acknowledgement of his own tactical failings, piss poor relegation level form, damage to Porteous, failure to get the best out of players, misplaced loyalty to some and isolation of others, to the detriment of the team didn’t contribute.

I find the idea of the suspension not being thought through laughable. It didn’t just happen, Lennon has been a loose cannon and his teams failures made his position untenable. Leeann isnae daft and neither is Rod.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2019, 10:50 AM
I really don’t think it was the result of a single incident.

As many others have said, there have been plenty of signs that things were not right behind the scenes for some time.

The way things quickly developed does suggest a flash point with an immediate ‘suspension’ ruling getting proclaimed. To then not follow through with any resulting disciplinary hearing is very, very unusual. There a lot of people guessing out there. Some plainly ridiculous... like maybe NL committed a hate crime? . No real!!! It’s just as radge as suggesting LD’s season ticket holding past might have made her say some sectarian nonsense. We don’t know. Simple as that. I have respect for both LD and NL and that’s how it remains until I know about something that wild change that.

Eyrie
02-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Common sense tells me to back Dempster and our club over smear stories spread by Lennon's pals in the press.

If Hibs simply wanted rid of Lennon then he would have been dismissed in the usual manner with his contract paid up in full.

Instead he was suspended for almost a week before his departure was announced. We have an HR lawyer on the board, so the club would know that it had justifiable grounds for the suspension or else the suspension would have been lifted immediately (which would be the only grounds for Lennon being paid in full).

Both sides would have reasons for avoiding a disciplinary hearing into what happened as neither would want the bad publicity. So the next few days were spent coming to an agreement. If Lennon held out for full payment then Hibs would simply sack him, but that didn't happen. If Hibs refused to pay him anything then Lennon would take his chances at the disciplinary hearing and appeal to an employment tribunal, but that didn't happen.

So logically Lennon must have received a part payment (I'd guess to the end of the season) in exchange for his departure and a gagging clause.

Unsurprisingly his friends in the media who were quick to praise us when he was our manager are now putting the boot into our club for obvious reasons.

McIntosh
02-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Leeann is different class, the last week has been damaging but she has been, and still is, tremendously positive for this club.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Common sense tells me to back Dempster and our club over smear stories spread by Lennon's pals in the press.

If Hibs simply wanted rid of Lennon then he would have been dismissed in the usual manner with his contract paid up in full.

Instead he was suspended for almost a week before his departure was announced. We have an HR lawyer on the board, so the club would know that it had justifiable grounds for the suspension or else the suspension would have been lifted immediately (which would be the only grounds for Lennon being paid in full).

Both sides would have reasons for avoiding a disciplinary hearing into what happened as neither would want the bad publicity. So the next few days were spent coming to an agreement. If Lennon held out for full payment then Hibs would simply sack him, but that didn't happen. If Hibs refused to pay him anything then Lennon would take his chances at the disciplinary hearing and appeal to an employment tribunal, but that didn't happen.

So logically Lennon must have received a part payment (I'd guess to the end of the season) in exchange for his departure and a gagging clause.

Unsurprisingly his friends in the media who were quick to praise us when he was our manager are now putting the boot into our club for obvious reasons.Good post.

The question I'm asking myself now is will one of the experts/pals be ITK of any of the details from NL and let slip in their quest for attention . Broken confidentiality arrangements can be messy.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
02-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Leeann is different class, the last week has been damaging but she has been, and still is, tremendously positive for this club.

I agree. However, if she has made a costly error of judgement I would expect Petrie to quietly get rid of her in the summer. Along the lines of “ great contribution to the club blah, blah, blah, moving on to other challenges blah, blah, blah”

banchoryhibs
02-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Me

And me . I've no doubt that LD and the rest of the board were under explicit instructions from our employment lawyers (Amanda) on what could, and could not be said. You'll note that NL has made no comment either apart from that in the agreed statement.

Our club is going through real trauma but it's still functioning very well. We've signed players, we have a temporary management team in place; the current players confirm that all normal match day analysis and preparations are there - in fact apart from NL and GP's departure there is no change. This could not be possible unless the club was very well organised and run with robust structures in place that endure in times of trauma.

LD and George Craig introduced all of these structures. I attended an extremely interesting presentation from George about six months into his tenure where he explained what the club had been like before they arrived, what changes had been introduced and what vision they were working to. They have delivered on their promises.

Throw into the mix that our club is also acknowledged to be run on extremely sound financial lines and that over 300 candidates have applied for NL's job I challenge anyone to say that LD has done a bad job; she has not.

CEOs are not paid to be eternally popular, there are times when tough decisions are required and these are not always popular. LD does not appear to shirk from tough decisions.

Finally what actually happened will most probably never be placed into the public domain but Eddie May made a very interesting comment during this week's press conference. He said that NL had asked him to be present in the dug out during match days because of troubles and when the new guy arrived he'll be happy to leave the dug out and return to his main job. This suggests that there have been ongoing issues for some time. what these were we can only guess (and we've been doing a lot of that recently) but let's not lash out at LD, she has made a hugely positive difference and our club is much better off for it.

We've lost a tremendous manager - one with weaknesses as well as strengths - he was one of our better managers for sure but we'll soon have our next manager in place. Time to move on.

Forza Fred
02-02-2019, 11:49 AM
And me . I've no doubt that LD and the rest of the board were under explicit instructions from our employment lawyers (Amanda) on what could, and could not be said. You'll note that NL has made no comment either apart from that in the agreed statement.

Our club is going through real trauma but it's still functioning very well. We've signed players, we have a temporary management team in place; the current players confirm that all normal match day analysis and preparations are there - in fact apart from NL and GP's departure there is no change. This could not be possible unless the club was very well organised and run with robust structures in place that endure in times of trauma.

LD and George Craig introduced all of these structures. I attended an extremely interesting presentation from George about six months into his tenure where he explained what the club had been like before they arrived, what changes had been introduced and what vision they were working to. They have delivered on their promises.

Throw into the mix that our club is also acknowledged to be run on extremely sound financial lines and that over 300 candidates have applied for NL's job I challenge anyone to say that LD has done a bad job; she has not.

CEOs are not paid to be eternally popular, there are times when tough decisions are required and these are not always popular. LD does not appear to shirk from tough decisions.

Finally what actually happened will most probably never be placed into the public domain but Eddie May made a very interesting comment during this week's press conference. He said that NF had asked him to be present in the dug out during match days because of troubles and when the new guy arrived he'll be happy to leave the dug out and return to his main job. This suggests that there have been ongoing issues for some time. what these were we can only guess (and we've been doing a lot of that recently) but let's not lash out at LD, she has made a hugely positive difference and our club is much better off for it.

We've lost a tremendous manager - one with weaknesses as well as strengths - he was one of our better managers for sure but we'll soon have our next manager in place. Time to move on.

Who is NF, referred to in the above.

OsloHibs
02-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Game day everyone. 'Mon the Hibees.

highland hibbee
02-02-2019, 01:00 PM
Me

Me too

CentreLine
02-02-2019, 01:02 PM
And me

banchoryhibs
02-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Who is NF, referred to in the above.

NL - a wee typo🙄

Malthibby
02-02-2019, 01:32 PM
And me.
You either trust the club or you don't. I was a fan of NL but he's gone; no-one who knows what actually happened, & over what timescale, is talking
and I'm utterly disinterested in what Sutton & Co have to say about it.
Leanne Dempster has been great for this club since she arrived, nothing that does or doesn't happen now changes that.
I know that just because almost all of us on HN are Hibbies it doesn't mean we all think alike, but thread titles like this one beggar belief.
Let's just get on with backing the team instead of disappearing up our collective erse.
GG

McIntosh
02-02-2019, 01:33 PM
I agree. However, if she has made a costly error of judgement I would expect Petrie to quietly get rid of her in the summer. Along the lines of “ great contribution to the club blah, blah, blah, moving on to other challenges blah, blah, blah” This is the real tragedy here, to paraphrase Oscar Wilde “to lose one good person may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness”.

Bishop Hibee
02-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Most of the comments on here were positive towards Sutton before he backed his pal Lennon in this mess. His comments are OTT but I do not believe Dempster is blameless here.

McD
02-02-2019, 01:36 PM
If

Unsurprisingly his friends in the media who were quick to praise us when he was our manager are now putting the boot into our club for obvious reasons.

great post, filled with common sense and logic :aok: