PDA

View Full Version : Anyone worried about Lennon poaching our players?

BlackSheep
01-02-2019, 10:50 AM
As it says on the tin !

Yes I know he needs to find a job first and then find one with greater resources than ours (not difficult).

SRHibs
01-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Aye, luckily Kamberi is tied down on a long term deal or I’d be really worried!

Fuzzywuzzy
01-02-2019, 10:52 AM
If rumours are to be believed he'll not be after flo

BlackSheep
01-02-2019, 10:55 AM
As fun as it sounds to make light of it we have a fair few players that will be of interest to other clubs... and I guess Lennon will know exactly which ones he likes too!

SMAXXA
01-02-2019, 10:55 AM
I’m going to predict his next job is abroad

Keyser Sauzee
01-02-2019, 10:56 AM
How can he pinch our players if he’s not got a job??

BlackSheep
01-02-2019, 10:56 AM
I’m going to predict his next job is abroad

What difference will that make... unless it’s an obscure team and league that wouldn’t be of interest to our current crop of players

where'stheslope
01-02-2019, 10:57 AM
As it says on the tin !

Yes I know he needs to find a job first and then find one with greater resources than ours (not difficult).
If he gets a job next season, he'll be 2 seasons late for our best players!!!!

Lester B
01-02-2019, 10:57 AM
As it says on the tin !

Oh great, Lennon as the new Jack Ross!

SMAXXA
01-02-2019, 11:01 AM
What difference will that make... unless it’s an obscure team and league that wouldn’t be of interest to our current crop of players

I didn’t say it would make a difference it was my prediction of his next job 🤷🏼*♂️

Jim44
01-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Unlike the Celtic mafia who can’t read between the lines in the Lennon affair, a lot of clubs will think twice about taking him on. I can’t think of any of our players who will be sitting praying for him to rescue them from big bad Hibs. Anyway, good luck to him if he fancies any of our players, as long as he pays the going rate.

SMAXXA
01-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Unlike the Celtic mafia who can’t read between the lines in the Lennon affair, a lot of clubs will think twice about taking him on. I can’t think of any of our players who will be sitting praying for him to rescue them from big bad Hibs. Anyway, good luck to him if he fancies any of our players, as long as he pays the going rate.

Agree with that Jim

Mick O'Rourke
01-02-2019, 11:17 AM
These things have always happened of course
Manager taking former players to his new club.
If Stubbsy gets the job though.
I dont see him poaching Rotherham or St Mirren for players ;-)

Joking apart,Stubbsy has some great connections and clearly got on well with the fine players he brought to the club.

Stubbsy first signing did that well, he got a knighthood !

BlackSheep
01-02-2019, 11:24 AM
I didn’t say it would make a difference it was my prediction of his next job 🤷🏼*♂️

Apologies I thought you were insinuating that would affect home coming back to hibs for players.

I know some may argue (really!? Argue on here... well I never!!) that we don’t have many good players to pluck but we definitely have a few who we could do with not losing and building a team around... Porteous for example.

Also players like Boyle and Scott Allan (if he still comes).

BlackSheep
01-02-2019, 11:25 AM

I think it’s clear and obvious Lennon will know just how little to offer to prise players from our grasp!!

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Who is he actually going to sign? Marciano and Ambrose maybe? No one else really played consistently enough.

Hibbyradge
01-02-2019, 11:30 AM
I think it’s clear and obvious Lennon will know just how little to offer to prise players from our grasp!!

He'll also know how robust RP is when it comes to transfer fees.

If Lennon gets a job, and if he fancies any of our players, his club will be expected to pay the market rate of our valuation, whichever is higher.

BILLYHIBS
01-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Will start worrying if Lenny gets another job anytime soon

It is a difficult one to work out I would have thought that most of the players would have been reluctant to work with Lenny again given all the alleged rumours but SDG came out in the EEN saying that the players were genuinely shocked and surprised by Lennys premature departure and that the team meeting held on the Friday was just another run of the mill meeting

I suppose we will never know the full truth of the matter a bit like the Scott Allan transfer/ loan breakdown in the summer with Celtic

Spudster
01-02-2019, 11:33 AM
1. He has to get a job
2. He would have to be operating in the same market as us
3. He would have to want one of the players
4. The player would actually have to want to join him (rules out alot of the squad)
5. He would have to deal with the board he ****** off

Not worth worrying about at all.

silverhibee
01-02-2019, 11:41 AM
As it says on the tin !

No, he will struggle to get another job.

Keith_M
01-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Well, he already fried Kamberi.

Allegedly...

Brunswickbill
01-02-2019, 12:17 PM
No, he will struggle to get another job.

That’s my thinking. He’s not going to step down to a team smaller than Hibs and any bigger team will want to know exactly what brought about his departure. I doubt if there will be many clubs beating a path to his door in the immediate future.

SunshineOnLeith
01-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Don't think he'll be back in management, a cushty career of punditry awaits him now.

calumhibee1
01-02-2019, 12:30 PM
I’m hoping he does with some of them.

BILLYHIBS
01-02-2019, 12:43 PM
Don't think he'll be back in management, a cushty career of punditry awaits him now.

Agree with this

After the Hearts game at the end of last season he did not look interested

It looked as though Lenny and Garry Parker were working their ticket and were looking for a way out with irrational team selections erratic behaviour calling out and falling out with players in public and going missing for the media

I would be surprised if he gets another job in the UK after being suspended at Bolton and HIBS

The 90+2
01-02-2019, 01:05 PM
It would depend on if Dundalk or Shamrock Rovers or a club of similar nature can afford them.

He's not going to get Championship England, he's not going to get a decent sized club here. I'm not sure his coaching would suit a club abroad.

I reckon we are safe enough.

Larry Burns
01-02-2019, 01:07 PM
What a fantastically pointless thread

Betty Boop
01-02-2019, 01:10 PM

Yea he'll join his buddy Sutton on Five Live.

pacoluna
01-02-2019, 01:17 PM

Not at all, people still want to bash into Lennon with condescending remarks for some reason. Strange.

Pretty Boy
01-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Some of the logic being applied on this thread is bizarre to say the least.

highland hibbee
01-02-2019, 01:26 PM
Aye, luckily Kamberi is tied down on a long term deal or I’d be really worried!

as long as Flos not tied down to a chair allegedly..........

Greenbeard
01-02-2019, 01:50 PM
My thoughts too with NI job as an outside bet if O'Neill leaves in the not too distant future. Job swap anyone?

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-02-2019, 02:08 PM

What are you doing over on kickback?

J-C
01-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Bizarre thread to say the least, .net at it's finest.

brianmc
01-02-2019, 02:33 PM
With the exception of the very promising Porteous have we any players so good that we need to fear losing them?
Judging by the weekly threads on here slaughtering most of the squad at some time or other I would tend to think not.

neil7908
01-02-2019, 02:46 PM
As it says on the tin !

I'm not that convinced Lennon will walk into a better job.

wookie70
01-02-2019, 03:29 PM
Not convinced he will get another job and then the players might think twice about going to play for him

WoreTheGreen
01-02-2019, 03:31 PM
More worried about him stealing our chairs

CapitalGreen
01-02-2019, 03:39 PM
This thread is peak bed-wetting.

LiviHibee
01-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Despite the “statement” mud sticks, it could be a while before he gets another job. There are only 5 teams in Scotland that can afford him, he’s left two, one probably two would never have him and the other doesn’t need him. Looks like English championship or div 1 if not a trip abroad if he wants to stay in football.

Punditry may may be a push.

Eyrie
01-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Why would Lennon want to sign rejects?

heretoday
01-02-2019, 07:56 PM
I'm not remotely worried!

judas
01-02-2019, 09:12 PM
No. Lennon couldn’t poach an egg.

monteddie
01-02-2019, 09:40 PM

Can't believe all the negative statements against Lennon. Common course these days that a manager's term in charge might not be more than 3 years but this guy achieved alot for our club, his approach to management dragged us out of the Championship and had us fighting for 2nd place in our first season.
I think negativity towards him is disrespectful and not what I would expect from Hibs fans.

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Can't believe all the negative statements against Lennon. Common course these days that a manager's term in charge might not be more than 3 years but this guy achieved alot for our club, his approach to management dragged us out of the Championship and had us fighting for 2nd place in our first season.
I think negativity towards him is disrespectful and not what I would expect from Hibs fans.

well said, ******* disgraceful some of the comments about lennon :agree:

BullsCloseHibs
01-02-2019, 09:51 PM
He might not even come back into football. Why worry yourself?