PDA

View Full Version : Did efe sign for anyone?

MB62
01-02-2019, 10:38 AM
I know he has not signed for us, despite our apparent increased offer, but did he sign for anyone else last night?

If he hasn't, I believe he will still be a free agent, meaning he can still yet. Maybe he was waiting to see if any offers came in from elsewhere and if not, possibly sign again until the end of the season?

hibs#1
01-02-2019, 10:40 AM
He hasn't signed for anyone yet. And yes he could re-sign for us but it's highly unlikely.

Hibbyradge
01-02-2019, 10:44 AM
I thought he went to Bolton?

Jim44
01-02-2019, 10:44 AM
He hasn't signed for anyone yet. And yes he could re-sign for us but it's highly unlikely.

........... especially when his time with us was very much to do with Lennon being manager. I reckon Lennon’s departure knocked down the last bridge between Ambrose and Hibs.

Mick O'Rourke
01-02-2019, 11:04 AM
........... especially when his time with us was very much to do with Lennon being manager. I reckon Lennon’s departure knocked down the last bridge between Ambrose and Hibs.
If that was the case.
It begs the question.
Why would the Club go back and make him another offer after Neil left?

I would asume Efe has had offers but have not suited him or his family.
Latest news is Bolton may offer him a deal.
He is clearly "weighing up" his options.
Surprisngly, it may not all be down to money as Efe clearly stated before he and his family love living in Scotland.
I hope the door is not closed on Hibernian giving it one more go with Efe.

If only for the reason we have lost another great song !!

Edit
I am just guessing
But Hibernian pulling the plug may have been due to the size of a signing on fee and not basic salary.

MB62
01-02-2019, 11:29 AM
As an additional afterthought, could Efe play on a game to game basis as a trialist?

Onceinawhile
01-02-2019, 11:33 AM
As an additional afterthought, could Efe play on a game to game basis as a trialist?

Don't think you are allowed trialists in the top league.

JohnM1875
01-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Well according to the DR (I know, I know) we pulled the offer of a 6 month deal late last night.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Well according to the DR (I know, I know) we pulled the offer of a 6 month deal late last night.

Yip all down to that Dempster woman again.:wink:

hibbyfraelibby
01-02-2019, 01:07 PM

Hence the signing of the guy from Leicester.

IWasThere2016
01-02-2019, 01:09 PM
There is tangible interest from Bolton..

Steven79
01-02-2019, 01:12 PM

Edinburgh to Bolton. :rolleyes:

I would want a fairly high pay to go anywhere near that dump!

w pilton hibby
01-02-2019, 01:13 PM

Four Championship clubs, Forest, Wednesday, Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic, are being linked with ex-Hibernian defender Ambrose.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/31/report-four-championship-clubs-keen-on-efe-ambrose-including-not/

IWasThere2016
01-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Depends where you stay in Bolton.. some stunning parts/homes and I'd imagine he would earn more..

Wee Effen Bee
01-02-2019, 01:36 PM
Yip all down to that Dempster woman again.:wink:

That must be at least 3 DR pieces kicking Hibs in the proverbials since the Lennon and Parker debacle. Im surprised that rag is still putting the boot in to us when we’re down: apparently our reputation was totally destroyed by that Pulitzer Prize winner, Jackson and his totally awesome ‘humiliation’ exposé he threw together.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Depends where you stay in Bolton.. some stunning parts/homes and I'd imagine he would earn more..

Are Bolton paying their players?

Allant1981
01-02-2019, 01:52 PM

Think the owner paid December's wages but can't see him doing that every month, if I was a player there's not a chance in hell I'd be signing for them

FRes Hibbie
01-02-2019, 02:00 PM

Normally I'd agree but Bolton are hmrc winding up order level skint.

euro Hibby
01-02-2019, 02:19 PM
I suspect that the young lad , is costing less . he was available so leanne pulled it.......While many might not agree, i think Hibs are well managed today buying players and managers is a lottery.
Sometimes it is always best to stay silent until the right moment.

IWasThere2016
01-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Think the owner paid December's wages but can't see him doing that every month, if I was a player there's not a chance in hell I'd be signing for them

Normally I'd agree but Bolton are hmrc winding up order level skint.

Yes - paid but club struggling financially. Owner says he is actively trying to sell.

If Efe has his pick, he could do worse than Nottingham Forest

Inconsequential
01-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Hence the signing of the guy from Leicester. Yes we have signed Johnson from Leicester but have lost two central defenders. Porteous to long term injury and Efe Ambrose. Maybe we could sign Efe to replace err.... Efe! :greengrin

Iggy Pope
01-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Yes - paid but club struggling financially. Owner says he is actively trying to sell.

If Efe has his pick, he could do worse than Nottingham Forest

Probably couldn’t do much worse than Bolton though.

CmoantheHibs
01-02-2019, 09:03 PM
Seems the likely scenario was that we had made an offer to Efe. He was stalling on agreeing to it(as is his right) but we defo needed a ch before the deadline closed. It was getting too close so we signed Darnell Johnson and took Efes offer off the table. May not be correct but makes sense to me.

judas
01-02-2019, 09:14 PM

This. Working and or living in Bolton really would require quite a premium.

A total dump.

darwenhibby
01-02-2019, 10:49 PM
This. Working and or living in Bolton really would require quite a premium.

A total dump.

A little bit unfair on Bolton to be honest
As much as Edinburgh is recognised as one of the more beautiful cities in the world
It does have one or two less desirable areas
Manchester is a fantastic city and very vibrant at the moment
However it does have its concrete jungle/ urbanised areas such as Bolton

Efe could live quite easily in pleasant parts of the city like Altrincham but not necessarily need to live in the Bolton part of Manchester
Would be good if he stayed at Hibs even for the next 6 months to provide some stability in the team

bodhibs
01-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Has he got any tickets? Player manager til season end?

oldbutdim
01-02-2019, 10:57 PM
Bolton wasn't that bad.
Went down for the Janice Janetteskull game. Some goalie anyway.
Saw the cheap hotel up the road, the bar next door, a bit of the stadium before realising there was a bar downstairs that did beer and footlong hotdogs..........

Anyone else remember that?

Oh aye - and after much beer, went 'downtown' afterwards and met the tallest twins ever - as in the Guiness Book of Records, before being ejected from a strip club.

At least I hope I did, or someone has been messing with my pipe baccy.

SChibs
02-02-2019, 01:28 AM
As much as Edinburgh is recognised as one of the more beautiful cities in the world

Efe could live quite easily in pleasant parts of the city like Altrincham but not necessarily need to live in the Bolton part of Manchester
Would be good if he stayed at Hibs even for the next 6 months to provide some stability in the team

For some reason people on here think if you sign for a club you must live in that area. How many of our players come from the west? Stevenson lives in Fife from what I believe too.

BoltonHibee
02-02-2019, 01:49 AM

Quite the comic [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoltonHibee
02-02-2019, 01:52 AM

It’s too long a story for now. But in essence it’s not Anderson’s money that paid the players lately. There would be a massive risk to any player ( and agent for that matter) of payment in the future.

The club are in dire straits. No agent worth his salt would even think about a player moving to Bolton right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
02-02-2019, 08:33 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-hibs-pulled-plug-on-ambrose-deal-celtic-sign-four-rangers-reach-deal-for-midfielder-1-4865907

Hibs pulled out of the deal? Seems odd.

Peevemor
02-02-2019, 11:48 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-hibs-pulled-plug-on-ambrose-deal-celtic-sign-four-rangers-reach-deal-for-midfielder-1-4865907

Hibs pulled out of the deal? Seems odd.I'd imagine it was a case of not being able to wait on him making up his mind.

heretoday
02-02-2019, 11:55 AM
This is starting to look like a poor career decision by Efe Ambrose.