PDA

View Full Version : FAO Tracey re Ticket Site

Frazerbob
01-02-2019, 11:07 AM
On the original Celtic ticket thread, you commited to updating this site on Wednesday (2 days ago) about the discussions held on the subject at the board meeting the previous night. Over a week after going on sale, the tiny number of tickets are still not sold out. The ticket site is still crashing and I know several fans who have simply given up trying. There are more on here who have done likewise.
There are also some non season tickets holders who wish to attend the game who have been told by the ticket office that the will not be able to buy tickets as they will only be sold to ST holders. This is an absolute disgrace and I am extremely disappointed that you have not honoured your commitment to update the fans. If the meeting was cancelled or there was no update to give us, it would’ve taken 30 seconds out of your schedule to post a quick note to say so.
Why not sell the remaining tickets via the ticket office in person?
Now, today with the deadline for buying your ST seat for the Raith game upon us, more people are wasting their time trying to get on the site.

Any chance of an update?

Fuzzywuzzy
01-02-2019, 11:13 AM
I've just looked in with no issues at all:cb

wookie70
01-02-2019, 11:13 AM
I can't get in. Another hour of my life wasted

Fuzzywuzzy
01-02-2019, 11:18 AM
I can't get in. Another hour of my life wasted

Very strange21642

green with envy
01-02-2019, 11:22 AM
To add, even though I was well aware that this game was online sale only, I went up to the ticket office last Saturday to purchase 4 tickets for said match only to be told by the young lad behind the counter who indecently needs to be taught customer service skills that he couldn't sell them over the counter.

I pointed out the obvious that the service was down and how was I then supposed to purchase them, without as much as a reply & a grunt he begrudgingly took my payment and gave me my tickets. It's not the first time that i've had to deal with his sour puss when trying to purchase tickets at the office.

Stuart93
01-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Yep sites not working for me either. Yawn.

Sean1875
01-02-2019, 11:28 AM
I’m not the only one struggling to get the online site to work for tickets for the Raith game then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
01-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Very strange21642I'm trying to get a reserved Cup ticket. That isn't working. On 3 pcs and a phone and two different logins. It's strange the club cantc organise ticketing.

01-02-2019, 11:43 AM
I've been getting time outs trying to logon to eticketing for the last hour or so. Very frustrating. In this day and age your online systems simply have to work. Shambles.

ac1
01-02-2019, 11:43 AM
had to get my dad to go ER - coudnt get my season ticket seats online through ticketmaster for some reason. Was slow as hell as well

Hibby70
01-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Better get it sorted by the time of the final or there will be hell to pay.

Frazerbob
01-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Just got my phone bill. The 2 Celtic tickets I did manage to purchase via the phone line (I was looking for 5 but gave up) cost me over a tenner in call charges, added to the 2 transaction fees of £1.50 as they couldn’t sell 2 tickets in one transaction resulting in the seats not being together.

So, 2 restricted view seats, 6 seats apart, cost me £69 and about 2 hours of my working day. I’m sorry but that is totally unacceptable.

Steven79
01-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Just got my phone bill. The 2 Celtic tickets I did manage to purchase via the phone line (I was looking for 5 but gave up) cost me over a tenner in call charges, added to the 2 transaction fees of £1.50 as they couldn’t sell 2 tickets in one transaction resulting in the seats not being together.

So, 2 restricted view seats, 6 seats apart, cost me £69 and about 2 hours of my working day. I’m sorry but that is totally unacceptable.

Considering the circumstances the club should offer you and others who are out of pocket some compensation.

Nobody that tried to purchase online should have had to pay the booking fees at the very least if they phoned up instead.

lapsedhibee
01-02-2019, 11:53 AM
had to get my dad to go ER - coudnt get my season ticket seats online through ticketmaster for some reason. Was slow as hell as well

Bit ungrateful, no? Sure he'd be doing his best.

Frazerbob
01-02-2019, 11:53 AM
Considering the circumstances the club should offer you and others who are out of pocket some compensation.

Nobody that tried to purchase online should have had to pay the booking fees at the very least if they phoned up instead.

Haha you can’t even get a response from the club.

Frazerbob
01-02-2019, 11:54 AM

😂😂

Steven79
01-02-2019, 11:54 AM

:greengrin

Steven79
01-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Haha you can’t even get a response from the club.

I'm convinced Lennon crashed the ticketing system hence why he was suspended and now gone....

telford hibbee
01-02-2019, 12:42 PM
I got my ticket for raith game last night. But when I logged on I had 8 (eight) tickets reserved for the game. 4 in my name and 4 in 3 other names. So very clearly there is a major problem again with the ticketing site. Not acceptable that we are asked to buy through Internet and that method is at best extremely unreliable.

MB62
01-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Just tried to get my tickets for Raith on line and after ages waiting, eventually came up with

Error 503 first byte timeout

Still have a bit of time to get this sorted, but it needs to be done soon or there might be more Rovers fans at the game than Hibs supporters :grr:

IainA
01-02-2019, 01:14 PM
I am so glad that we have Hibs.net! I thought that I was doing something wrong as I have been on that Hibs site all morning trying to get my son a ticket! I have mine but kept getting these errors and showing no tickets available! Reassured that I am not the only one.
This needs sorted and all season there have been sporadic problems trying to book tickets.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2019, 02:52 PM
To add, even though I was well aware that this game was online sale only, I went up to the ticket office last Saturday to purchase 4 tickets for said match only to be told by the young lad behind the counter who indecently needs to be taught customer service skills that he couldn't sell them over the counter.

I pointed out the obvious that the service was down and how was I then supposed to purchase them, without as much as a reply & a grunt he begrudgingly took my payment and gave me my tickets. It's not the first time that i've had to deal with his sour puss when trying to purchase tickets at the office.

If this is the same fellah who spoke to me on the phone about how busy he was with other customers then you're not wrong. Bit my tongue in case my reaction brought on a stinging rebuke from LD about staff abuse and crap like that and another opportunity to withdraw a service based on that.
Ticketing systems of work at Hibs need an overhaul. It's bowff.

Scotty Leither
01-02-2019, 03:33 PM
It's Hibs ticketing system, so it reeks of cheap. Nothing else matters, and forget any notion of service when accountants hold sway.

tamig
01-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Its a pain in the erse. I don’t know how many times I tried last week to get my tickets for the Raith game. Eventually got them but even then the online experience was a bit rickety. The club need to do better here. They were publicising the looming cut-off with a link to eticketimg when the thing was broken. An update on this would have been appreciated.

tamig
01-02-2019, 03:38 PM
It's Hibs ticketing system, so it reeks of cheap. Nothing else matters, and forget any notion of service when accountants hold sway.

Ooh. You really hate a dig 😀

Scotty Leither
01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Ooh. You really hate a dig 😀

The system is dire. When it improves as befits a big-city club I'll post a missive with rose-petal emojis praising it.

wookie70
01-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Gave up and just went down to the ticket office. Another 30 minutes wasted plus fuel etc. The big issue is that if you put barriers in the way of fans buying a ticket then you make it easy to let them choose not to bother. Ticketing has been LD's blind spot and it is getting worse not better

IainA
01-02-2019, 03:54 PM
On the original Celtic ticket thread, you commited to updating this site on Wednesday (2 days ago) about the discussions held on the subject at the board meeting the previous night. Over a week after going on sale, the tiny number of tickets are still not sold out. The ticket site is still crashing and I know several fans who have simply given up trying. There are more on here who have done likewise.
There are also some non season tickets holders who wish to attend the game who have been told by the ticket office that the will not be able to buy tickets as they will only be sold to ST holders. This is an absolute disgrace and I am extremely disappointed that you have not honoured your commitment to update the fans. If the meeting was cancelled or there was no update to give us, it would’ve taken 30 seconds out of your schedule to post a quick note to say so.
Why not sell the remaining tickets via the ticket office in person?
Now, today with the deadline for buying your ST seat for the Raith game upon us, more people are wasting their time trying to get on the site.

Any chance of an update?

A bit bit harsh on Tracey TBH. Did you PM her first to get an update? Did you email Hibs?
your other points are well made but it sounds like you took your (understandable) frustration on Tracey.

Frazerbob
01-02-2019, 04:05 PM
A bit bit harsh on Tracey TBH. Did you PM her first to get an update? Did you email Hibs?
your other points are well made but it sounds like you took your (understandable) frustration on Tracey.

Have you read the original thread? Tracey clearly states that she would come on here on Wednesday, the day after the board meeting, to update us. She didn’t appear until today and her update was, frankly, nonsense. As I clearly said in my post, if she didn’t have the answers or there was any other reason for not getting back to us, it would’ve taken all of 30 seconds to post a holding comment. I’ve not been abusive in any way and have not made any personal derogatory comments. I’m sorry, if this isn’t a job for s Fans Rep, what is?

ac1
01-02-2019, 04:15 PM

:greengrin he is getting on a bit!

killie-hibby
01-02-2019, 04:24 PM
The deadline for ST holders to purchase their own seat for the Raith Rovers match has been extended to midday on Monday. Discovered this when I called Hibs main office to complain about their malfunctioning E Ticket web site.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2019, 04:28 PM
Hi Tracey

The biggest issues when it come to E tickets are the slowness and unreliability of the site, the current setup is simply not fit for purpose when demand is high. This is apparent especially when it comes to a big match going on sale with limited availability. We never seem to get issues when its run of the mill matches against Motherwell, St Mirren, Hamilton or Dundee respectively. It also takes an absolute age to login no matter what browser you are using.

In the past we've had people getting timed out when trying to purchase tickets and kicked from the site, people unable to get on the site regardless of how long they are in a virtual queue, people having their tickets cancelled as there has been a double booking and I just don't see how that can happen when ordering through a website.

Ticketmaster somehow manage to sell tickets for gigs in arenas with capacities much greater than Tynecastle, Ibrox and Parkhead and everything runs smoothly and in my experience you're in and out in minutes and I myself have bought tickets for gigs such as Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher and never had an issue when buying them yet the system seems to buckle under the pressure when Hearts away goes on sale.

I'm an away ST holder but I always try to get tickets for friends who go to 80-90% of away games who don't have an AST due to working every other weekend making the AST not worth it for them but constantly encounter issues on the website. I absolutely support the loyalty points scheme as this is the fairest system when it comes to buying tickets for high demand matches, sales are staggered therefor taking the pressure off the ticket site. This should be put to the board time and time again until they realise that this will solve all the issues. Its a simple system to operate providing its managed properly. Follow he Hearts model, they seem to have it right.

Until the board actually bother to sit up and listen to the fans nothing will change, they're fine though, they don't have to fight it out with thousands of others for tickets for high profile matches, they wander the 20 yds from the main stand through the car park to collect their tickets waiting on them in a nice white envelope. Theres also the matter of tickets creamed off the allocations for Hearts, Celtic and Rangers away and the blocks of tickets given to certain groups. I hope you take these points and pass them on to the relevant board members.

HC

Carheenlea
01-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Hi Tracey

The biggest issues when it come to E tickets are the slowness and unreliability of the site, the current setup is simply not fit for purpose when demand is high. This is apparent especially when it comes to a big match going on sale with limited availability. We never seem to get issues when its run of the mill matches against Motherwell, St Mirren, Hamilton or Dundee respectively. It also takes an absolute age to login no matter what browser you are using.

In the past we've had people getting timed out when trying to purchase tickets and kicked from the site, people unable to get on the site regardless of how long they are in a virtual queue, people having their tickets cancelled as there has been a double booking and I just don't see how that can happen when ordering through a website.

Ticketmaster somehow manage to sell tickets for gigs in arenas with capacities much greater than Tynecastle, Ibrox and Parkhead and everything runs smoothly and in my experience you're in and out in minutes and I myself have bought tickets for gigs such as Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher and never had an issue when buying them yet the system seems to buckle under the pressure when Hearts away goes on sale.

I'm an away ST holder but I always try to get tickets for friends who go to 80-90% of away games who don't have an AST due to working every other weekend making the AST not worth it for them but constantly encounter issue on the website. I absolutely support the loyalty points scheme as this is the fairest system when it comes to buying tickets for high demand matches, sales are staggered therefor taking the pressure off the ticket site. This should be put to the board time and time again until they realise that this will solve all the issues. Its a simple system to operate providing its managed properly. Follow he Hearts model, they seem to have it right.

Until the board actually bother to sit up and listen to the fans nothing will change, they're fine though, they don't have to fight it out with thousands of others for tickets for high profile matches, they wander the 20 yds from the main stand through the car park to collect their tickets waiting on them in a nice white envelope. Theres also the matter of tickets creamed off the allocations for Hearts, Celtic and Rangers away and the blocks of tickets given to certain groups. I hope you take these points and pass them on to the relevant board members.

HC

This pretty much covers it :agree:

Hibeewilly
01-02-2019, 04:43 PM
Hi Tracey

I'm an away ST holder but I always try to get tickets for friends who go to 80-90% of away games who don't have an AST due to working every other weekend making the AST not worth it for them but constantly encounter issue on the website. I absolutely support the loyalty points scheme as this is the fairest system when it comes to buying tickets for high demand matches, sales are staggered therefor taking the pressure off the ticket site. This should be put to the board time and time again until they realise that this will solve all the issues. Its a simple system to operate providing its managed properly. Follow he Hearts model, they seem to have it right.

HC
Excellent post HC......couldn't have put it better myself :top marks

green with envy
01-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Hi Tracey

HC

Who would have thought.

Joking aside, this about sums it up..

Kojock
01-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Hi Tracey

HC

As long as LD is at the helm you can forget any reintroduction of a loyalty points system. No other club as far as I am aware encounter anywhere near the problems Hibs have with the online ticketing system.
Hibs blame Ticket master who as previously stated can sell 50,000 tickets in a matter of minutes so it seems you only get the system that you pay for and it appears Hibs are doing it on the cheap.
The board continually trot out the, "There's nothing we can do as we are contracted to them" it's exactly the same excuse they use for the catering fiasco. Hibs really need to get their act together and start taking responsibility for things.

Here’s Lucy!
01-02-2019, 05:14 PM

:faf:

telford hibbee
01-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Went online last to purchase ticket for the raith game. Got logged in at 2nd time of asking to find that I had 8 tickets reserved for me, 4 in my name and 4 for the other three in my group, so obviously something wrong and needing looked at. I got my ticket though.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2019, 06:18 PM
As long as LD is at the helm you can forget any reintroduction of a loyalty points system. No other club as far as I am aware encounter anywhere near the problems Hibs have with the online ticketing system.
Hibs blame Ticket master who as previously stated can sell 50,000 tickets in a matter of minutes so it seems you only get the system that you pay for and it appears Hibs are doing it on the cheap.
The board continually trot out the, "There's nothing we can do as we are contracted to them" it's exactly the same excuse they use for the catering fiasco. Hibs really need to get their act together and start taking responsibility for things.

I know that but it really is the way forward, a revamped points system.

marinello59
01-02-2019, 06:20 PM

It’s not needed. Normal service has been resumed. Ibrox and Parkhead and probably Tynecastle will all go to public sale as they used to do.

Since90+2
01-02-2019, 06:34 PM
It’s not needed. Normal service has been resumed. Ibrox and Parkhead and probably Tynecastle will all go to public sale as they used to do.

Tynecastle won't go to general sale. Not a chance.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2019, 06:57 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that the current system of a free for all online doesn't work.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Tynecastle won't go to general sale. Not a chance.

Agree, if the new gaffer hits the ground running it could be a very interesting second half of the season.

green with envy
01-02-2019, 08:06 PM

Even though I had accumulated enough loyalty points that guaranteed me a ticket to every game and only miss one or two away games over a season, I decided for that reason and out of principle that i wouldn't sign up to the AST. Thankfully, the four of us that travel together most weeks have never came up short for any cat A games since it was introduced. The only scare we had was the 2-1 win at ibrox last season when we all ended up with single tickets. That said, i'm total agreement with your above post and still don't get why LD doesn't follow the hearts system, as you've said in the past it seems to work without any issues.

Earlydelivery
01-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Just went on and purchased mine for cup tie .. 2 mins 👍

IainA
02-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Have you read the original thread? Tracey clearly states that she would come on here on Wednesday, the day after the board meeting, to update us. She didn’t appear until today and her update was, frankly, nonsense. As I clearly said in my post, if she didn’t have the answers or there was any other reason for not getting back to us, it would’ve taken all of 30 seconds to post a holding comment. I’ve not been abusive in any way and have not made any personal derogatory comments. I’m sorry, if this isn’t a job for s Fans Rep, what is?

Fair enough Frazerbob, I hadn’t seen the original thread and at no time did I think that you were rude. Sorry if that came across. GGTTH