PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TRANSFER WINDOW ROUNDUP

RSS Bot
01-02-2019, 01:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9679)

Lemonade
01-02-2019, 01:14 AM
I'm having a tantrum at this moment . What a state.
Irrational ? Yes , bit I don't care.
Seriously gutted regarding the last week.

TRC
01-02-2019, 01:15 AM
Doesn't say we're done though or have I missed it?

Hi Heid Yin
01-02-2019, 01:16 AM
The proof of how successful this window has been will be in how many of our acquisitions actually "deliver" and deliver consistently.

Lemonade
01-02-2019, 01:17 AM
Doesn't say we're done though or have I missed it?
It's the hope that kills you .

1875godsgift
01-02-2019, 01:20 AM
I'm having a tantrum at this moment . What a state.
Irrational ? Yes , bit I don't care.
Seriously gutted regarding the last week.

Chill, pal :hug:

We won't be here in 100 years time, but Hibs will, still :greengrin

Hibs90
01-02-2019, 01:24 AM
McNulty is a great signing, Gauld looks good and not seen enough of Omeonga yet and the rest are uninspiring.

Difficult under the circumstances of last week or so I understand but the squad is still ridiculously thin and we are only one or two injuries in defence and attack away from a shambles.

Also, a huge rebuilding job required in the summer for the new boss.

sambajustice
01-02-2019, 01:26 AM
Needless pop...

Who writes that? Its pish! Its totally amateur!

Apologies, like i said, needless pop! Sorry!

DetroitHibs
01-02-2019, 02:30 AM
Looking at the ins and outs, did we really improve a whole lot?

Fife-Hibee
01-02-2019, 03:00 AM
Also, a huge rebuilding job required in the summer for the new boss.

How many times have we said that over the past couple of decades?

MagicSwirlingShip
01-02-2019, 03:08 AM
How many times have we said that over the past couple of decades?

😂😂😂

Hermit Crab
01-02-2019, 03:24 AM
Looking at the ins and outs, did we really improve a whole lot?

Yes

MacLaren out - dud, not good enough

Laidlaw out - never going to get in front of Rocky or Bogdan

Hyndman - dud, shat it in big games

Mavrias out - short term cover, was always leaving

Ambrose out - can't deny he is a loss but the lad Johnson seems decent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gauld in - quality player, the lad is too good for us

Omeonga in - has great potential

McNulty in - local boy, scores for fun and a £1m player that was wanted by several other clubs.

Johnson in - man mountain who wants to play football and has bags of potential, highly rated

Bigirimana in - surprise addition and appears to be a loss to Motherwell

Lets give them a chance eh.

AL-Qaholik
01-02-2019, 03:25 AM
Considering we've also lost Boyle & Porteous for the season, that is a truly shocking transfer window. I sincerely hope something miraculous happens or season ticket sales will be way down.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2019, 03:26 AM
Considering we've also lost Boyle & Porteous for the season, that is a truly shocking transfer window. I sincerely hope something miraculous happens or season ticket sales will be way down.

Really? :rolleyes:

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2019, 06:59 AM
Don't get all the drama on here at all...we made 3 decent signings yesterday...not bad going with no manager?? The last week has been a poor one for us...at least we've bolstered a few key areas...we just need our luck to improve a bit with injuries but I think this squad under a manager who knows how to pick a team can get us top 6 and hopefully a good cup run. Hopefully the Lennon bingo days of team selections are over

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
01-02-2019, 07:03 AM
Yes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McNulty in - local boy, scores for fun and a £1m player that was wanted by several other clubs.

Johnson in - man mountain who wants to play football and has bags of potential, highly rated

Your best post ever. :greengrin

stokesmessiah
01-02-2019, 07:03 AM
Yes

You are absolutely right when you compare it man for man. However, our squad was light before the window and that situation hasn't changed, we have been a striker short all season, we can't afford any injuries at CB and we haven't replaced the pace of Boyle.

Certainly not writing off the new signings and looking forward to seeing how they develop. But you cannot argue that our squad is short with some glaring deficiencies.

JimBHibees
01-02-2019, 07:06 AM
Don't get all the drama on here at all...we made 3 decent signings yesterday...not bad going with no manager?? The last week has been a poor one for us...at least we've bolstered a few key areas...we just need our luck to improve a bit with injuries but I think this squad under a manager who knows how to pick a team can get us top 6 and hopefully a good cup run. Hopefully the Lennon bingo days of team selections are over

I would say the balance of the squad is better now with a genuine playmaker in and what seems like an upgrade up front and hopefully Darnell hits the ground running. Milligan can also cover centre back areas. I think we will do ok as players who maybe underperformed the first part of the season hopefully grow a bit and contribute more under new management.

Beefster
01-02-2019, 07:08 AM
I’m obviously seeing the window different to a lot of folk. Replaced MacLaren with McNulty, moved on a number of players contributing nowt, signed three midfielders (everyone is moaning about the midfield) and replaced Ambrose (who is a sore one admittedly) with a highly rated young defender. Oh, and Allan on a pre-contract.

On paper, seems pretty good to me.

JimBHibees
01-02-2019, 07:16 AM
I’m obviously seeing the window different to a lot of folk. Replaced MacLaren with McNulty, moved on a number of players contributing nowt, signed three midfielders (everyone is moaning about the midfield) and replaced Ambrose (who is a sore one admittedly) with a highly rated young defender. Oh, and Allan on a pre-contract.

On paper, seems pretty good to me.

Agree with that Milligan can cover centre back and midfield, the obvious area that needs cover would be a target man striker as back up and option off the bench and possibly a winger however maybe the new manager wouldnt play with that type of shape and want full backs providing width. Horgan and Agyepong if/when fit should cover that. Actually pretty happy with the squad and the balance appears better to me.

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2019, 07:16 AM

On paper, seems pretty good to me.I agree..especially under the trying circumstances of the last 7 days...I think we've done OK. Allan not coming is disappointing but I don't think it's as disastrous as some are making out as we've got Gauld till the Summer and then a hungry player coming in on a 3 year deal. The big losses for me are Efe and Porto- our luck with injuries this season has been just horrendous and can surely only improve??

Lee Marvin
01-02-2019, 07:21 AM
I'm happy with our efforts under the circumstances.

We'll done the board and recruitment team. I have a feeling Gael could be an astute signing

Lago
01-02-2019, 07:22 AM
Considering everything that's occurred over the last week it's a pretty good outcome, should hopefully get top 6. Need to push on now with decent appointment of new first team coach.

Allant1981
01-02-2019, 07:24 AM
All in all a decent transfer window, regardless of the last few games with Lennon in charge we have a decent squad, just hope the new manager whoever he may be will get the best out of them

weecounty hibby
01-02-2019, 07:24 AM
Yes

Totally agree, even Bigirimana as big a surprise and the fact I was never that impressed with him will get my full support. I think the window has been decent and I know it's the old "if my aunty had baws" argument but if Lennon hadn't gone and Efe was still here I think we would all have been quite content with the window

danhibees1875
01-02-2019, 07:28 AM
Yes

:top marks:

elevengoats
01-02-2019, 07:30 AM
Decent signings in my view, looking forward to seeing them on the pitch soon.

bingo70
01-02-2019, 07:33 AM
I think before the window opened we needed a bit more pace with Tam always being injured, to then lose Boyle I thought a winger would be a certainty. I don’t see us playing with wingers so it’s more of an option to bring off the bench, the fact we didn’t sign one is a bit disappointing, I hope Tam manages to stay fit.

I thought we needed two forwards in addition to what was already here, to just have a one in/one out Is a bit disappointing, even if the one in appears to be a big upgrade on the one out. I thought we look for a big lump of a forward to have as a plan b.

To lose Porteous and Ambrose but only bring in one leaves us a body down.

I like the look of the midfielders we’ve brought in so hopefully that makes a difference.

Overall, I enjoyed the excitement of yesterday and well done to the club getting so much business done in difficult circumstances. If we can get a good manager in quickly hopefully he can cobble together a decent starting 11 and is able to play it consistently, I worry about our attacking options if we get a couple of injuries though or if we’re looking to the bench for someone to change the game.

jacomo
01-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Well done Hibs. A lot of hard work yesterday.

Icing on the cake would be Efe having a change of heart and signing a new deal, but that is probably out of our hands.

I’m looking forward to seeing the new guys adapt. I think our midfield looks much better balanced now, McNulty in and Jamie out probably a step forward.

Callum_62
01-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Well done Hibs. A lot of hard work yesterday.

Icing on the cake would be Efe having a change of heart and signing a new deal, but that is probably out of our hands.

I’m looking forward to seeing the new guys adapt. I think our midfield looks much better balanced now, McNulty in and Jamie out probably a step forward.

At least McNulty was choking to get here

Phil MaGlass
01-02-2019, 08:25 AM
decent signings, considering we dont have a manager...

Oscar T Grouch
01-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Yes

We also got SA on a pre-contract this window. Considering the circumstances it’s not been a bad window.

BILLYHIBS
01-02-2019, 08:35 AM
Disappointed at Celtics attitude

Definately not HIBS class

Scott Allan would in my humble opinion have all but guaranteed us a top six finish and with his guile vision and killer passes would have ensured we took points from Rangers Hearts Aberdeen and Celtic (if allowed to play if not a loan)

CockneyRebel
01-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Yes

Hermit - that must be the most (first?) positive post you have ever penned - love it! :top marks :thumbsup:

MrSmith
01-02-2019, 08:41 AM
I’m feeling a bit meh!

Again business done on the last day. It irritates and infuriates me why there appears to be no future planning. At this stage, we can only hope these new players fit in, gel quickly and then, start again in the summer when the loans have gone. However, will be last day of the summer transfer window when business is done again. And the cycle continues ...

hopefully get a manager asap.

goosefat
01-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Yes

Sorry, that’s not the Hibs.net way.

Beefster
01-02-2019, 08:56 AM
I’m feeling a bit meh!

Again business done on the last day. It irritates and infuriates me why there appears to be no future planning. At this stage, we can only hope these new players fit in, gel quickly and then, start again in the summer when the loans have gone. However, will be last day of the summer transfer window when business is done again. And the cycle continues ...

Signing players depends on other clubs. There is also various options that need to pan out etc. Seems entirely feasible to me that it often comes down to the last day. As an example, if Hibs had had their way, I’m sure Scott Allan would have been a Hibs player 10 minutes after signing the pre-contract. Hibs waiting until right up to the end for Celtic to respond/agree with Allan etc is completely out of their hands. It looks like we were also waiting on Ambrose and his fannying about kept us hanging on before we finally gave up and signed the young guy from Leicester on the last day. Reading seem to have refused to agree a deal for McNulty for a while. And so on.

You’re also forgetting that we’ve had two senior players in for a couple of weeks or so.

Onion
01-02-2019, 08:58 AM
Signings are just to fill holes in the squad, not designed to strengthen it. Can't do that until we get a new manager in place, then it will be make the most of what we've got until the inevitable rebuild job in the summer and the merry-go-round starts again. Feels very much like we're at the end of an exciting era which started with Stubbs and ended with Lennon.

makaveli1875
01-02-2019, 08:58 AM
Happy enough with who we've signed , all we need now is a decent manager

BILLYHIBS
01-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Yes

Agree that Jamie MAC was a dud this season but was different class last season

A parting of the ways was probably best for both parties

I agree Ryan Gauld looks a player but there is no one player too good for HIBS

He looked good versus Elgin City but looked lost at times in the hurly burly of the premiership versus St Mirren on Sunday

Jury still out!

Hibby70
01-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Yes

Someone has hacked your account mate.

Pretty Boy
01-02-2019, 09:10 AM
I don't think it's a bad window at all.

Allan signed and McNulty being one we almost definitely aim to keep long term is the start of a longer term rebuild. In the here and now McNulty seems an upgrade on MacLaren although we are still one light up top imo. Gauld would appear an upgrade on Hyndman, Omeonga appears to have a decent pedigree and is clearly aiming to be the drive we have been lacking in the middle, Bigirimana looks ecstatic to be here and the reaction of Motherwell fans seems to suggest we have pulled a bit of a rabbit out the hat, time will tell. Johnson look a total man mountain, can cover a couple of positions and has been capped by a very good England under 20 side.

It's worth bearing in mind we have a few starting to come back from injury as well. McGreggor seems to be getting back up to speed, Gray being fit is huge, Agyepong is apparently close, Milligan will be back from Asia soon, Bartley is fully fit again and Fraser Murray is back in the picture. As it stands we have an available squad of:

Marciano
Bogdan
Dabrowski

Whittaker
Gray
Johnson
Hanlon
McGreggor
Stevenson
Mackie
Nelom

Mallan
Agyepong
Gauld
Bartley
Milligan
Omeonga
Bigirimana
Murray
Slivka
Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw
McNulty
Allan

It's not the most exciting squad we have had but it's more than good enough to drive us into the top 6 and on a decent cup run. The ones I've highlighted in green are those I think may still play a part next season, Gauld and Bogdan would be great but I'm not sure it's likely. It's not all doom and gloom.

Wakeyhibee
01-02-2019, 09:12 AM
In the circumstances I think that is more than a decent window. Certainly more than I expected.

Looking forward to seeing Mcnulty up front with Kamberi.

calumhibee1
01-02-2019, 09:13 AM
In better circumstances I would have hoped for a better window. In the circumstances we found ourselves in I think we finished it off very well.

01-02-2019, 09:14 AM
I’m feeling a bit meh!

I agree with your comment about waiting until the last day to get some business done.
However looking on the bright side of things if the lad from Motherwell is able to play the McGeough role and Gauld is able to play the Allan role, then I think we have a chance of a much better balance In midfield. McNulty should provide much needed urgency and goal threat up front and Johnson and Milligan will provide additional cover for central defence.
What we now need is a decent head coach who can put this all together, play a system that suits the players he has at his disposal, have a bit of good luck for a change on the injury front and there is no reason why we can’t achieve a top six finish and a good cup run, which given where we are starting from now is as much as we can hope for this season.

Famous Fiver
01-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Bit disappointed but not suicidal.

No Ambrose, no Scott Allan until summer. Two I would loved to have on board.

Birgirama intrigues me. I have been impressed with him when I have seen him at ER.

Really sorry for big Ryan so credit to Hibs for trying to get in cover.

McNulty for McLaren We'll just have to wait and see.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Hibbyradge
01-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Yes

Good summary.

hibbie02
01-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Yes

Mac is no great loss to me. He flattered to deceive last season and offered nowt outside the 6 yard box. Hyndman was never interested in playing for us and I never saw Mavrias. Efe is a huge loss. We were going into the second half of the season with 2 specialist CBs, both of whom have spent a large portion of the season crocked. I hope Johnson gets up to speed quickly, we will need him. We haven't replaced Boyle but hopefully Tam Pong will come back soon and stay fit. :rolleyes:

I hope Gauld adjusts to life back in Scotland quickly as he looks like our only playmaker. From what I have seen of Omeonga so far, I am not impressed. Did he even touch the ball when he came on on Sunday? I am hoping he just needs time on the pitch and a defined role. He looked lost on Sunday. McNulty sounds like a player we need and a definite upgrade on Mac. Let's get 2 up front for the rest of the season.

Hoping to be surprised by Biggi..... Interesting he got Scotty's number. I guess Scotty is not being freed then!

Hibbyradge
01-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Someone has hacked your account mate.

:tee hee:

jacomo
01-02-2019, 09:42 AM
Mac is no great loss to me. He flattered to deceive last season and offered nowt outside the 6 yard box. Hyndman was never interested in playing for us and I never saw Mavrias. Efe is a huge loss. We were going into the second half of the season with 2 specialist CBs, both of whom have spent a large portion of the season crocked. I hope Johnson gets up to speed quickly, we will need him. We haven't replaced Boyle but hopefully Tam Pong will come back soon and stay fit. :rolleyes:

I hope Gauld adjusts to life back in Scotland quickly as he looks like our only playmaker. From what I have seen of Omeonga so far, I am not impressed. Did he even touch the ball when he came on on Sunday? I am hoping he just needs time on the pitch and a defined role. He looked lost on Sunday. McNulty sounds like a player we need and a definite upgrade on Mac. Let's get 2 up front for the rest of the season.

Hoping to be surprised by Biggi..... Interesting he got Scotty's number. I guess Scotty is not being freed then!

Omeonga has just moved from Italy. He deserves a little patience from us as he gets up to speed.

Bigi gives us another option in midfield and takes the pressure off a bit. Crucially, 2 of our TDD signings already know all about Scottish football and the other seems well thought of at Leicester, albeit very little first team experience.

Decent window I’d say, especially given the added drama over the past week.

The Leith Dutch
01-02-2019, 12:12 PM
I’m feeling a bit meh!

Your point about signings on the last day is really odd.

We made 6 signings including Allan. 3 were done before the last day and two of those have already played a couple of games for us.

Omeonga and Gauld both suggest future planning in terms of we knew Hyndman was off and had Gauld in mind and we were aware we needed a good solid centre mid and got Omeonga on board early.

MacLaren went late and McNulty is the replacement.
Granted most of us felt we needed an extra striker in even if we didn't lose one.

Most clubs do a sizeable chunk of their business on the last day of the window in January too.

Window obviously wasn't a dream window but far from the unplanned disaster some seem to want to portray it as.