PDA

View Full Version : Strachan as something..?

Perd Hapley
31-01-2019, 11:02 PM
OK forgive me for the leaps of logic involved here but I wonder if Strachan's noises earlier could be construed as suggesting that he'd like a broader remit within the club than first team head coach - i.e. involved in youth development which he's currently involved in. Perhaps a role could be found for him which incorporates such roles - or is that just George Craig's remit? I'm not suggesting forcing him into a setup where there's no room for him, but I'd love to have a man of his standing and expertise - who is after all a Hibby - involved with our club at this miportanttimeon the club.

Not to spark a debate on the merits of Strachan but he needs a role and we need leadership and we're all Hibbies so maybe he could be got on board in some capacity - whether that's managerial or what. Apart from anything else Strachan v Levein would be even more box office than Lennon/Levein was...

thoughts.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 11:03 PM
OK forgive me for the leaps of logic involved here but I wonder if Strachan's noises earlier could be construed as suggesting that he'd like a broader remit within the club than first team head coach - i.e. involved in youth development which he's currently involved in. Perhaps a role could be found for him which incorporates such roles - or is that just George Craig's remit? I'm not suggesting forcing him into a setup where there's no room for him, but I'd love to have a man of his standing and expertise - who is after all a Hibby - involved with our club at this miportanttimeon the club.

Not to spark a debate on the merits of Strachan but he needs a role and we need leadership and we're all Hibbies so maybe he could be got on board in some capacity - whether that's managerial or what. Apart from anything else Strachan v Levein would be even more box office than Lennon/Levein was...

thoughts.

I don't think he's interested in the job at all.

jacomo
31-01-2019, 11:15 PM
I don't think he's interested in the job at all.

Agree he’s pretty much ruled it out.

basehibby
01-02-2019, 12:05 AM
For all his credentials, Hibbyness and track record, Strach just does not sound like he wants the job. He's said he wants to concentrate on developing emerging young talent across Scotland which is laudable - but Hibs are a major club and require dedicated people who will put their heart and soul into the job (whatever it is - but especially head coach/manager).

Stubbsy on the other hand has made it clear that he would relish another crack at Hibs and that puts him well ahead of Strachan in the reckoning.

Hi Heid Yin
01-02-2019, 12:10 AM
The vibes coming from Strachan suggest that he's not motivated to manage us, which should rule out an approach by Leeann and Rod and make the decision to offer the post to Stubbsy a formality.

BegbieHSC
01-02-2019, 12:16 AM
I’d be on the phone to Strachan - get a straight answer. If he says no, get Stubbsy - job done.

Perd Hapley
01-02-2019, 12:47 AM
To be fair Strachan explicitly ruled out a return to management as I understand it - while also saying he'd listen to any approach made by Hibs. If he doesn't want to get into management then by no means try and make a square peg fit a round hole. But if he's available to contribute in some capacity - even if that's to oversee the youth structure in some measure - and something can be arranged within budget then I think it could work.

That is to say - I don't know if he would want to be or would be a good fit for the manager role - that's one conversation - but as a high profile Hibee with an immense amount of experience I'd value his input at a time when we could do with some leadership - mentoring Alan Stubbs who is after still a very young coach would be an interesting start. I'm getting ahead of myself though - there's every chance Strachan will turn round tomorrow and clearly state he doesn't want anything to do with Hibs right now and that's his decision.

All the same if he wants to get on board and do something to fill the void left by his protegé then that would be much appreciated

JOD
01-02-2019, 01:06 AM
I would be happy with G S.

Can someone post on here where he has said publicly that he is

not interested ????

sambajustice
01-02-2019, 01:32 AM
My brother once asked Strachan if he fancied managing our saturday amateur team when he was watching us down at Silverknowes. Strachan said, "nah, i've got enough problems right now..." :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Think we won that game as well! LOL

If he's not going to manage the pride of Silverknowes, i dont think he'll take on Hibs!

Lendo
01-02-2019, 10:30 AM
Does he not still live down in Southampton? Even when he was Celtic manager he never fully relocated up here. Can't see him willing to do that for us unfortunately.

BoltonHibee
01-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Does he not still live down in Southampton? Even when he was Celtic manager he never fully relocated up here. Can't see him willing to do that for us unfortunately.

I thought he lived in Spain ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-02-2019, 01:15 PM
I would like to see a Manager come in who takes up ownership and responsibility of what it means to be the figurehead of our team.