PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: GAEL BIGIRIMANA SIGNS ON AT EASTER ROAD

RSS Bot
31-01-2019, 11:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9678)

Pretty Boy
31-01-2019, 11:14 PM
I'm going to say this is going to be one of those signings that turns out brilliantly despite being a bit uninspiring on the face of it.

Jonnyboy
31-01-2019, 11:15 PM
Boy, he's excited to be here :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icajDvqW51A

Callum_62
31-01-2019, 11:16 PM
actually comes across as a real down to earth guy

Ive seen him a few times and he has been pretty decent

Better having him cover CM than Whitts anyway

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2019, 11:19 PM
I'm going to say this is going to be one of those signings that turns out brilliantly despite being a bit uninspiring on the face of it.

When I’ve watched Motherwell I’ve always thought he looked the part.

gaz1875
31-01-2019, 11:22 PM

Motherwell miss out the midfield, I am with you on this, maybe has more to offer than we might think.

Montford
31-01-2019, 11:23 PM
He came on as a sub in the cup final and totally changed the dynamics of the midfield. Clever probing passing, spraying the ball around and was on top of Celtics midfield for most of it
Thought then that he would be a great (under the radar) acquisition
The boys got talent

col02
31-01-2019, 11:25 PM
Like a few have commented on his humility is good to see. Genuinely seems surprised to be at Hibs and I've an inclination he could turn out to be a very astute signing. He's at a good age and has a decent bit experience. Welcome to Hibs Gael.

eastcoasthibby
31-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Welcome to Hibs Gael all the best, looking forward to see what you bring to the party 👍

weecounty hibby
31-01-2019, 11:28 PM
My first wife was called Gail. Hope this turns out better than that did

bigwheel
31-01-2019, 11:28 PM

Hahaha. Some class posts tonight [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacomo
31-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Welcome Gaël.

Looking forward to seeing you play.

Unseen work
31-01-2019, 11:33 PM
Said it on another thread but Iv always been a fan of his, very composed on the ball and gets out of tight situations very well.

Always reminded me of Mcgeouch.

Not a Motherwell style of player, think he will fit in well here.

The Spaceman
31-01-2019, 11:34 PM
What a thoroughly likeable chap. All the best Gael, hope you have a stormer here! :thumbsup:

jacomo
31-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Said it on another thread but Iv always been a fan of his, very composed on the ball and gets out of tight situations very well.

Always reminded me of Mcgeouch.

Not a Motherwell style of player, think he will fit in well here.

Exactly what we need.

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2019, 11:55 PM
Very much out of left field this, he seems as surprised Hibs came calling for him as I am. He certainly seems like a nice lad, lets hope he can bring something to our midfield. Welcome to Hibs Gael :aok:

BurghHibby
01-02-2019, 12:35 AM

A bit like the signing of John O’Neill maybe, hope so :agree:

The 90+2
01-02-2019, 12:39 AM
A bit like the signing of John O’Neill maybe, hope so :agree:

John O’Neil was St Johnstone’s best player and scored a goal in a freezing cold night to put us out the league cup before coming to us. He was also my fav player when at us and my man of the match by miles in the 6-2 games. My hero. 💚. New boy does half as good I’ll love him too.

matty_f
01-02-2019, 12:47 AM
I'll be honest and say that when I heard this earlier my reaction was "**** off". At the risk of using a cliche I was very much underwhelmed at the thought.

I can't remember what he was like, and then I saw the thread on Twitter from Motherwell's announcement and their fans are fitted he's gone, so I'm a bit not optimistic about it now.

Comes across really well in the interview, too.

Dr_Regal
01-02-2019, 02:55 AM
When we horsed them at Easter Road earlier in the season. He was the only Motherwell player that day that looked half decent.

Always liked him this fella, finally a real McGeouch replacement.
What’s the contract?

God knows where Slivka, Gauld and Omeonga are gonna play.

Diamond?
—-——Bigirimana———-
-Slivka——————Gauld-
——Omeonga/Mallan——

BoomtownHibees
01-02-2019, 03:21 AM

She was awrite

Beefster
01-02-2019, 07:00 AM
I really hope this guy becomes a hero. Comes across as a good guy who’ll give his all anyway.

JimBHibees
01-02-2019, 07:00 AM
Exactly the type of player we need re controlling the tempo of the game ala Dylan. Hope he does well and seems a very nice person from the interview. A decent acquisition hopefully.

K.Marx
01-02-2019, 07:05 AM
Was underwhelmed at first considering he isn’t a starter at Motherwell but reading their fans comments on twitter makes me think this could be a decent acquisition. Seems to be a bit of a cult hero for many. Should suit our style of play.

JimBHibees
01-02-2019, 07:18 AM
Was underwhelmed at first considering he isn’t a starter at Motherwell but reading their fans comments on twitter makes me think this could be a decent acquisition. Seems to be a bit of a cult hero for many. Should suit our style of play.

His interview is a good one and he does say he wanted to play in a team that played like Hibs in terms of passing and the technical players in midfield (assuming he was talking about last season:greengrin).

oneone73
01-02-2019, 07:24 AM
Is he cup tied?

JimBHibees
01-02-2019, 07:27 AM
Is he cup tied?

No wasnt involved in their defeat to Ross county.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-02-2019, 07:35 AM
I'll be honest and say that when I heard this earlier my reaction was "**** off". At the risk of using a cliche I was very much underwhelmed at the thought.

A Gael Clichy.

Callum_62
01-02-2019, 07:43 AM
Weve had to play Whittaker centre mid quite a bit this season - Bartley is 32 and Milliagn 33. Bigirimana will be cover....might be an astute signing and wont be costing us much

I have a feeling he will make a better impression than folk think

Sammy7nil
01-02-2019, 07:46 AM
He seems like a nice man :aok:

.Sean.
01-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Said this on the transfer thread last night but probably got lost amongst the hysteria.

My mates a season ticket holder at Motherwell so I text him, expecting a reply along the lines of Bigirimana being a buddy. Far from it. The only reason he’s not been playing is due to the emergence of Turnbull and with the system Well play there’s only space for one of them. He’s rakes of potential, composure and technical-ability wise one of their best players. Can also ping a free kick

I think he’s going to turn out to be one of those signings that initially underwhelm but ends up being a very shrewd signing.

Tinribs
01-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Seems like a nice family man, mentioned his wife several times during the interview. Been at decent clubs as well, happy to have him at ours 👍

MyJo
01-02-2019, 09:39 AM
When we horsed them at Easter Road earlier in the season. He was the only Motherwell player that day that looked half decent.

Always liked him this fella, finally a real McGeouch replacement.
What’s the contract?

God knows where Slivka, Gauld and Omeonga are gonna play.

Diamond?
—-——Bigirimana———-
-Slivka——————Gauld-
——Omeonga/Mallan——

its a good conundrum for our new manager to have, plus realistically Omeonga and Gauld may be out of our price range on a permanent basis whereas Bigirmana is signed to a permanent deal and if he does well could easily be given a longer contract.

Greenbeard
01-02-2019, 09:57 AM
its a good conundrum for our new manager to have, plus realistically Omeonga and Gauld may be out of our price range on a permanent basis whereas Bigirmana is signed to a permanent deal and if he does well could easily be given a longer contract.
So looking to 19-20 season, assuming no Gauld/Omeonga, would you see the midfield diamond as
---Bigirimana---
-Slivka--Allan-
---Mallan---
Maybes but where would Boyle fit in? Up front to support one of Kamberi/Shaw/McNulty? I prefer to see Boyle out wide with two genuine strikers up front. But I recognise it's horses for courses and options on set up are good as long there is not too much variation and folk know what they are doing (which hasn't always seemed the case these last few months).

hughio
01-02-2019, 10:03 AM
As others have said he appears humble,thankful and keen to be with us.I'm looking forward to seeing him bring some creativity and energy to the middle.
Predicting a surprise success

Not In The Know
01-02-2019, 10:04 AM

new cult hero in the making...

Hibbyradge
01-02-2019, 10:23 AM

I love him already! 😁🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Blaster
01-02-2019, 10:25 AM
So looking to 19-20 season, assuming no Gauld/Omeonga, would you see the midfield diamond as
---Bigirimana---
-Slivka--Allan-
---Mallan---
Maybes but where would Boyle fit in? Up front to support one of Kamberi/Shaw/McNulty? I prefer to see Boyle out wide with two genuine strikers up front. But I recognise it's horses for courses and options on set up are good as long there is not too much variation and folk know what they are doing (which hasn't always seemed the case these last few months).

We need a squad. Some games play the diamond, others with wingers. Always good to have options

500miles
01-02-2019, 10:37 AM
If Gael can fill Dylan's boots, then he's the player I'm really excited about.

matty_f
01-02-2019, 10:38 AM
A Gael Clichy.

Very good! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
01-02-2019, 10:41 AM
Not cup tied either

Lester B
01-02-2019, 10:50 AM
new cult hero in the making...

Couldn't agree more!

I think, and of course hope, that you're right.

Doesn't fit with the way Motherwell play but could with us and seems a genuinely humble nice guy.

But how do we get a song out of a surname like his????

Keith_M
01-02-2019, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the club, Bgri..., Birgi...., ehm.... Big Yin.

MyJo
01-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Couldn't agree more!

I think, and of course hope, that you're right.

Doesn't fit with the way Motherwell play but could with us and seems a genuinely humble nice guy.

But how do we get a song out of a surname like his????

He’s here, he’s there but we can’t pronounce his name Gael birimumblemumblemumble, Gael birimumblemumblemumble

matty_f
01-02-2019, 11:06 AM
Said this on the transfer thread last night but probably got lost amongst the hysteria.

My mates a season ticket holder at Motherwell so I text him, expecting a reply along the lines of Bigirimana being a buddy. Far from it. The only reason he’s not been playing is due to the emergence of Turnbull and with the system Well play there’s only space for one of them. He’s rakes of potential, composure and technical-ability wise one of their best players. Can also ping a free kick

I think he’s going to turn out to be one of those signings that initially underwhelm but ends up being a very shrewd signing.

Cheers for that. Sounds promising!

Onceinawhile
01-02-2019, 11:07 AM

Why would he think he was a St. Mirren player?

MyJo
01-02-2019, 11:10 AM
Biggie Biggie Biggie can't you see
Sometimes your skills just hypnotize me
And I just love your flashy ways
Guess that's why they broke, and you're a hibee

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wk4ftn4PArg

:greengrin

Iain G
01-02-2019, 11:11 AM
I love him already! 😁🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

He seems like a genuinely lovely guy, welcome to Hibs! :-)

Stevie Reid
01-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Got a good feeling about this one. Hope to see him start tomorrow.

Monts
01-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Can anyone write out his name phonetically?

MyJo
01-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Can anyone write out his name phonetically?

I’m saying Biggy-ree-man-ah

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Please stop all this 'seems like a nice man.' He's here to play for our team, not marry our daughters. I hope he crushes yam ribs with elbows of stone.

hibee_nation
01-02-2019, 11:19 AM
He will be a force to be reckoned with :greengrin

matty_f
01-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Please stop all this 'seems like a nice man.' He's here to play for our team, not marry our daughters. I hope he crushes yam ribs with elbows of stone.

:hilarious

Hibernian32
01-02-2019, 11:20 AM

Scorcher:not worth

hibsbollah
01-02-2019, 11:23 AM

He's the Burundian Eoin McLove. I expect several hibs.net posters to bake him a jumper inside a cake very shortly.

Facts about Burundi #6- Burundi ranks dead last in The World Happiness Report 2018 at #156. So he's bucking the trend by looking so happy with himself.

Lester B
01-02-2019, 11:24 AM

He can surely do that while seeming like a nice guy too. Aim high dear boy :wink:

Montford
01-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Anyone doubting Bigiramanas quality should jump on YouTube and watch last 30 mins of last Mays cup final. Guy oozed quality. Type of player who gets better with better platform

hibsbollah
01-02-2019, 11:35 AM
Also making a splash in the world of global media

Magara Times today;

Umukinyi wo hagati w’Umurundi asanzwe ari bitumwako mu mugwi nserukira gihugu, Intamba Murugamba, Gael Bigirimana w’imyaka 25 yahavuye ava mu mugwi...

Motherwell Times 'We always found him articulate and thoughtful'

https://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/we-assess-new-hibernian-signing-gael-bigirimana-s-18-months-at-motherwell-fc-1-4865966

MyJo
01-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Also making a splash in the world of global media

Magara Times today;

Umukinyi wo hagati w’Umurundi asanzwe ari bitumwako mu mugwi nserukira gihugu, Intamba Murugamba, Gael Bigirimana w’imyaka 25 yahavuye ava mu mugwi...

Motherwell Times 'We always found him articulate and thoughtful'

https://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/we-assess-new-hibernian-signing-gael-bigirimana-s-18-months-at-motherwell-fc-1-4865966

And Bigi will also be happy at joining one of the biggest clubs in Scotland, in terms of fanbase rather than current form on the park at least!

Cheeky gits

Hibbyradge
01-02-2019, 11:47 AM
I’m saying Biggy-ree-man-ah

Bee- gee- ree- mana.

That's a hard G as in golf, not a J.

green with envy
01-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Just got this from my Motherwell supporting mate...

"He's a good lad. Decent player but to be honest probably wasted at Motherwell with the way we play. Hoof-ball was never going to suit him. Wish him all the best at ER. Should do a job there"

Cat Stanton
01-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Just got this from my Motherwell supporting mate...

"He's a good lad. Decent player but to be honest probably wasted at Motherwell with the way we play. Hoof-ball was never going to suit him. Wish him all the best at ER. Should do a job there"

Similarly, from a 'Well-supporting pall of mine:

"He is skillful but can be frustrating. As I said, might work for you but depends who plays along side him. He's more of an attacker than defender."

Skilful but frustrating - ticking two of the required Hibs boxes then.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-02-2019, 01:11 PM

Lol brilliant

Never thought I’d see the day when we had a players song to a Biggie record!!

This’ll catch on

Iggy Pope
01-02-2019, 03:11 PM

Whilst wearing that smile that couldn't be removed from his face with a stick.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Bee- gee- ree- mana.

That's a hard G as in golf, not a J.

Shame. Real library of songs if he was a BeeGee.

Lester B
01-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Shame. Real library of songs if he was a BeeGee.

Hopefully more Saturday night fever than tragedy

Unseen work
01-02-2019, 03:15 PM

This is fantastic.

Great song.

Unseen work
01-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Also saw him against Aberdeen earlier in the season and he absolutely dominated the game. Made them look silly at times.

The main thing will be getting best out of him

Position
Who plays along side him
Balance of the team

But I have no doubt he has the technical ability to play for us.

Some players are a “hibs player” and he is one.:agree:

HoboHarry
01-02-2019, 03:26 PM
If he crushes Hearts he can marry my daughter.......

Hibbyradge
01-02-2019, 03:41 PM

Marry?

You're so old fashioned.

HibbyAndy
01-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Anyone know his contract length at Motherwell ? I think this guy will be a cracking player for us and had hoped it would be a permanent

Billy Whizz
01-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Anyone know his contract length at Motherwell ? I think this guy will be a cracking player for us and had hoped it would be a permanent

Out of contract in the summer

HibbyAndy
01-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Out of contract in the summer

:aok:

Hopefully shows what he can do and we get him signed up

Callum_62
01-02-2019, 04:19 PM
:aok:

Hopefully shows what he can do and we get him signed up

Hes signed for us already - its not a loan

HoboHarry
01-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Marry?

You're so old fashioned.
Aye, you are right. She's mid twenties and still at home so I'd pay him to take her off my hands at this point....:greengrin

hibsbollah
01-02-2019, 04:21 PM

He's already married. To the ex Miss Coventry n:love ya!:o less

Northernhibee
01-02-2019, 04:22 PM
I wonder if his signing suggests Milligan is going to be primarily used as a CB now?

Eyrie
01-02-2019, 07:15 PM
I wonder if his signing suggests Milligan is going to be primarily used as a CB now?

Would make sense as otherwise we only have three fit CHs.

Cat Stanton
02-02-2019, 10:44 AM

"I thank God for the time spent at Motherwell".

Now there's a sentence you don't often hear..

Seekyit
02-02-2019, 11:10 AM
He will be a force to be reckoned with :greengrin

:greengrin I laughed

DTS
02-02-2019, 11:17 AM

It is permanent, we signed him on a contract until the end of the season

Hibiza
02-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Brill :top marks welcome Gael