PDA

View Full Version : Caretaker

Leith's finest
31-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Why are fans talking about a caretaker? We have one E.May, we should and hope we are looking for a full time manager/coach.
Before anybody bites my head off I know E.May says he aint wanting the gig, but I would keep him till we get someone

brianmc
31-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Forcing a guy who's contracted to carry out a specific role into taking on a much more difficult, higher pressure role - that he's publicly stated that he doesn't want to do....?

Yeah, seems the best option 🤔

Aim Here
31-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Why are fans talking about a caretaker? We have one E.May, we should and hope we are looking for a full time manager/coach.
Before anybody bites my head off I know E.May says he aint wanting the gig, but I would keep him till we get someone

Well 'caretaker' implies some measure of settledness about having a manager in charge for a period of weeks at least - and May's one previous managerial gig was terrible (he was the worst-performing manager in Falkirk's history) so while we appreciate him stepping up, it might be better if he got back to his main role as soon as possible.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2019, 07:15 PM

There has to be another statement from Hibs on this before Saturday. The statement last Saturday only referred to May and Murray being in charge for the St Mirren game and there was no mention at all about it in last night's statement about Lennon and Parker.

SquashedFrogg
31-01-2019, 07:16 PM

It might be the manager we want isnt available until the summer? That's where a 'caretaker' might be employed.

In saying that Grant Murray might be a shout for that role.