PDA

View Full Version : Lennon publicity campaign getting started.

MyJo
30-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Chris Sutton, Tom English and Rab Douglas all putting up tweets today that are pretty much identical trying to suggest that Hibs are in the wrong because we confirmed that Lennon didn’t do anything wrong but still suspended and ultimately got rid of him.

im trying to think what these three have in common but can’t quite put my finger on it :rolleyes:

matty_f
30-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Chris Sutton, Tom English and Rab Douglas all putting up tweets today that are pretty much identical trying to suggest that Hibs are in the wrong because we confirmed that Lennon didn’t do anything wrong but still suspended and ultimately got rid of him.

im trying to think what these three have in common but can’t quite put my finger on it :rolleyes:

It's it that they all don't understand how dealing with serious allegations at work gets dealt with?

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Are they all catholic?

Sammy7nil
30-01-2019, 09:57 PM
It's it that they all don't understand how dealing with serious allegations at work gets dealt with?

Nope that is not it !

Sammy7nil
30-01-2019, 09:58 PM
Are they all catholic?

Reported :greengrin:wink:

Topographic Hibby
30-01-2019, 10:00 PM

im trying to think what these three have in common but can’t quite put my finger on it :rolleyes:They have a mate called “Lenny” on their phone? None of them can spell Neil, especially the journo....

dalkeith stu
30-01-2019, 10:01 PM
You could tell the way Kris Commons and Davie Provan were on Sunday during the St Mirren game we were going to get a hard time!!! Believe it wasnt much better on radio Scotland!! Watch the Glasgow media monster go into full swing in the coming days!!

HoboHarry
30-01-2019, 10:03 PM
****** them and the horses they rode in on. It's done and over with - we are moving forward now.........

jacomo
30-01-2019, 10:06 PM
****** them and the horses they rode in on. It's done and over with - we are moving forward now.........

:agree:

Let them froth. Hibs is bigger than all of them and their pals.

JeMeSouviens
30-01-2019, 10:07 PM
Hard to believe English is stupid enough to believe what he’s written but then again he was Craig Whyte’s cheerleader until well past most people knew he was ****ing up the Old Huns big time.

heid the baw
30-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Old Boys network. Macho culture of football. I reckon if Lennon got pulled up by a male chief exec, chairman ect, he would not have been suspended. That is why it is seen as unusual. Poor behaviour is usually overlooked because someone is an experienced manager and the old "this sort of thing has happened forever in every dressing room at every club" addage gets trotted out.
Female CEO, different viewpoint. No wonder guys like Provan can't understand it. Never happened in their day.

B.H.F.C
30-01-2019, 10:32 PM
His mates sticking up for him is no surprise. Neither is the media. He’s good for them and they’re good for him.

We are going to get some stick over the next few weeks and the only way to shut them up is to make a good appointment and win games.

Everybody is conveniently neglecting the fact that we were toiling badly under him.

Jim44
31-01-2019, 04:37 AM

It’s not just Celtic dinosaurs that are taking that line. Stephen Thomson, on the telly yesterday, questioned our handling of the situation, and he’s a Hun.

highland hibbee
31-01-2019, 04:47 AM

Their knowledge and understanding of employment law could be written on the gable end of a second class stamp.

and hopefully one of them proves just how stupid they are by bringing into the public domain information that could only have emanated from NL or GP, thus breaching any confidentiality clause contained within the settlement package

hibbydog
31-01-2019, 05:06 AM

They are all ill-informed self interested mouth
Pieces who are desperate for attention?

Brizo
31-01-2019, 05:15 AM

Same level of faux naivety on Sportsound last night from the likes of Richard Gordon and "Doddsy".

Thing is all these characters, ex players and journalists, will have seen more contracts, compromise agreements and confidentiality clauses than your average working person.

They will have far more practical experience of how employment law works than most of their readers / listeners. They will know exactly how to read between the lines of Lennons suspension and subsequent club statement. The fact that they pretend not to and feign surprise at the proceedings is all about filling air time and column inches over the days and weeks ahead.

And like you suggest there is a big element of pandering to "Lenny" who provides them with countless stories , pandering to Celtc fans who make up a large chunk of there media audience, and a deeply ingrained desire to give us a kicking whenever possible

There has been far more intelligent and informed comment on here about the mechanics of Lennons suspension and subsequent departure than there has been on the BBC. That's no surprise as BBC Scotland sports coverage is essentially Talksport without the adverts.

James Stephen
31-01-2019, 06:04 AM
Why then, if all of our journos and commentators are playing daft laddie and reading that statement literally, are they ignoring the bits from Lennon about thanking the club, wishing us well and saying that the departure was MUTUAL.

Why is nobody questioning why he wants to leave as soon as the going gets tough, and not being more loyal to the club that helped him restore his reputation?

Or is only the Hibs part to be taken at face value?

Fuzzywuzzy
31-01-2019, 06:18 AM
I could have sworn I clicked the link for hibs.net this morning and it's taken me to kerrydale street

MWHIBBIES
31-01-2019, 06:41 AM
All very quiet when he had 2 wins in 14 though.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2019, 06:46 AM
Are they all Ginger?

GordonHFC
31-01-2019, 06:46 AM
Lennon has been threatening to leave for months. He has gotten his wish so let's move on.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-01-2019, 06:49 AM
All very quiet when he had 2 wins in 14 though.

Well said

Whatever happened, the current form was far from good enough, and the general standard of football this year has been below what we expect

Thanks for the brilliant memories Neil and Garry but it was time to move on

Keith_M
31-01-2019, 07:15 AM

They're all D1cks?

Iain G
31-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Add in the daily record and our old chum Jackson...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennons-contract-paid-up-13930193

neil7908
31-01-2019, 07:18 AM
They're all D1cks?

This.

Onion
31-01-2019, 07:25 AM
Their comments are redundant and make no difference to Hibs, merely designed to show public support for "Lenny" so Celtic fans think kindly of them all.

Lennon was failing as a manger and this incident simply brought forward the inevitable. Lennon and his media pals should be thanking Hibs for bringing his nightmare to an end.

James Stephen
31-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Also, let us not forget that we are not the first of Lennys employers to have to investigate him.

So thats 2/3rds of his managerial jobs where he has been involved in 'incidents'.

You'd think Keith Jackson might remember it...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-wanderers-boss-neil-lennon-7075826

Scotty Leither
31-01-2019, 07:31 AM
Same level of faux naivety on Sportsound last night from the likes of Richard Gordon and "Doddsy".

Thing is all these characters, ex players and journalists, will have seen more contracts, compromise agreements and confidentiality clauses than your average working person.

They will have far more practical experience of how employment law works than most of their readers / listeners. They will know exactly how to read between the lines of Lennons suspension and subsequent club statement. The fact that they pretend not to and feign surprise at the proceedings is all about filling air time and column inches over the days and weeks ahead.

And like you suggest there is a big element of pandering to "Lenny" who provides them with countless stories , pandering to Celtc fans who make up a large chunk of there media audience, and a deeply ingrained desire to give us a kicking whenever possible

There has been far more intelligent and informed comment on here about the mechanics of Lennons suspension and subsequent departure than there has been on the BBC. That's no surprise as BBC Scotland sports coverage is essentially Talksport without the adverts.

I think you're giving Billy Dodds especially way too much credit.

Jim44
31-01-2019, 07:33 AM
Add in the daily record and our old chum Jackson...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennons-contract-paid-up-13930193

That’s a shocking interpretation of the issue. He and the other muppets can surely read between the lines and deduce that Lennon did something really unacceptable to lose his job. These clowns are insinuating he was the innocent party. What would they say if we had really put the boot in and exposed the facts. We were on a loser to nothing. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Ronniekirk
31-01-2019, 07:36 AM
If as is being Reported-we have had to pay up both Lennon and Parker’s Contract in full that will be a substantial loss of money to the Club given Lennon was purportedly on highest ever Salary paid to aHibs Manager
Hope this is Is not the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
31-01-2019, 07:40 AM
If as is being Reported-we have had to pay up both Lennon and Parker’s Contract in full that will be a substantial loss of money to the Club given Lennon was purportedly on highest ever Salary paid to aHibs Manager

The ‘paid in full’ is a figment of their imagination and added to embellish their distortion of events.

Brizo
31-01-2019, 07:46 AM

I think you are probably right :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
31-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Brenda coming on talksport now, should be interesting....

Just Jimmy
31-01-2019, 07:50 AM
finished with 1 point more that Stubbs in a league with no hearts and rangers. he didn't get hibs to 2 cup finals in same season.

record points total is a myth as shown, when consideration is made for 2 pts v 3pts and 30 games v 38 game seasons.

finished 4th when could have and should have finished 2nd (had a melt down at hearts away which cost us).

3 wins in 15 games this season and didn't know now his best 11

don't get me wrong, I'm just twisting this facts to show an alternate view can be put up for anything. I didn't mind Lennon but he was neither this walking disaster nor was he sir Alex Ferguson either.

he works for hibs for a period of time and Hibs for him. I'm looking forward to getting a manager who can handle the media with some decorum and can put our point across with our it being more about them than Hibs.

really I want some stability and to kick on for a few months without the drama of "look at me" Lennon and his media and Celtic pals.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
31-01-2019, 07:57 AM
You can see how the media works very simply. This week LBC among others led with a story about a "Snow Bomb" hitting Britain this week.

WTF is a "Snow Bomb"?
It's something they made up because nobody is going to take any interest in "the weather forecast indicates snow"

And in exactly the same way that "volatile manager and football club part ways in compromise agreement" isn't going to encourage folk to click on a story on a news website.

DarlingtonHibee
31-01-2019, 08:00 AM
Brenda coming on talksport now, should be interesting....

Fair play to Rodgers, said hibs were a good club.

Betty Boop
31-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Also, let us not forget that we are not the first of Lennys employers to have to investigate him.

So thats 2/3rds of his managerial jobs where he has been involved in 'incidents'.

You'd think Keith Jackson might remember it...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-wanderers-boss-neil-lennon-7075826

Charming but he's a lovely man apparently.

MyJo
31-01-2019, 08:15 AM

If we decided to dismiss Lennon and pay him his full contract there would be no need for us to put the face-saving waffle about him not being dismissed and not resigning and saying he did nothing wrong. We would simply have said he’s gone.

The statement has been agreed to in return for Lennon walking away before we get into disciplinary action and confidentiality agreements on both sides so the truth never comes out saving Hibs a load of hassle and Lennons reputation.

There’s no way we would pay up his contract in full and put out a statement like that. He’s probably been paid for the rest of this season and agreed to walk away from the last year of it.

mjhibby
31-01-2019, 08:19 AM

I doubt very much that was the case. The lawyers were negotiating for three days so the settlement would be nowhere near the full amount. That tends to happen if the manager is sacked. My guess would around half which means there is no stain on everybodys character and gives Lennon and Parker plenty time to get another job. Be interesting to see who employs them. I'm sure they can do a Job elsewhere. Surely their Glasgow meedya pals will help them get something.

green with envy
31-01-2019, 08:19 AM

Reported by who? It seems there's a lot of made up bull concerning the departure of Lennon & Parker.

Carheenlea
31-01-2019, 09:09 AM
Reported by who? It seems there's a lot of made up bull concerning the departure of Lennon & Parker.

The Daily Record :cool2:

Callyballybe
31-01-2019, 09:33 AM
If we decided to dismiss Lennon and pay him his full contract there would be no need for us to put the face-saving waffle about him not being dismissed and not resigning and saying he did nothing wrong. We would simply have said he’s gone.

The statement has been agreed to in return for Lennon walking away before we get into disciplinary action and confidentiality agreements on both sides so the truth never comes out saving Hibs a load of hassle and Lennons reputation.

There’s no way we would pay up his contract in full and put out a statement like that. He’s probably been paid for the rest of this season and agreed to walk away from the last year of it.

Exactly as I see it. If we had to pay up the last 18 months of his contract, why on earth would we agree to put into the statement that there wasn't any disciplinary action or that he wasn't suspended? Hibs putting this in makes it easier for both parties to part ways and for Lennon and Parker to move onto other roles - But for us to do this, surely there would've needed to be some 'give' on their side as well.

IngolstadtHarry
31-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Geezes, I thought that I'd stumbled in to a discussion about the Anti-Christ and his minions from Hell rather than a discussion about a guy who has done an excellent job for the club and been forced to leave due to differences of opinion with his bosses concerning working practices.
It's strange that the ones who are so vocal about us 'moving on and upwards' are the same ones who are embittered, spouting bile and spreading conspiracy theories about how Lennon, his friends, Glasgow Celtic, and almost every sports journalist in the business are out to screw us.
Someone had to say it and it might as well be me.

The Modfather
31-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Geezes, I thought that I'd stumbled in to a discussion about the Anti-Christ and his minions from Hell rather than a discussion about a guy who has done an excellent job for the club and been forced to leave due to differences of opinion with his bosses concerning working practices.
It's strange that the ones who are so vocal about us 'moving on and upwards' are the same ones who are embittered, spouting bile and spreading conspiracy theories about how Lennon, his friends, Glasgow Celtic, and almost every sports journalist in the business are out to screw us.

As per the bit in bold can you give anymore details? I didn’t think any of us knew what went on whether that be pro Lennon posters or anti Lennon posters as the binary black and white choice appears to be on Hibs.net with no room somewhere in the middle.

Iain G
31-01-2019, 10:28 AM

I think that's a tad of an overreaction especially if it's to the posts on this thread? The daily record piece for example is a blatant misrepresentation of the joint statement and has added a bunch of conjecture posing as fact in a way that paints a negative picture of Hibs in all of this.

Mac_17
31-01-2019, 11:01 AM

If that is the case, then it will make it very difficult to get a big named manager in to replace him. Eddie May might be in charge for a while, if that rumour is true.

green with envy
31-01-2019, 11:04 AM
The Daily Record :cool2:

As suggested - made up.

James70
31-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Anotherr manager could have been sacked for his record this season alone given the fact he allegedly had Hibs biggest ever budget.. But then Lennon is untouchable according to certain Hibs hating reporters.

matty_f
31-01-2019, 11:23 AM

:agree: Billy Dodds is what short planks use to describe how thick other short planks are.

j'adore hibs
31-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Anotherr manager could have been sacked for his record this season alone given the fact he allegedly had Hibs biggest ever budget.. But then Lennon is untouchable according to certain Hibs hating reporters.

like button

Scotty Leither
31-01-2019, 11:32 AM
:agree: Billy Dodds is what short planks use to describe how thick other short planks are.

That's a bit harsh on planks, Matty. Thick, short, or otherwise :aok:

Scotty Leither
31-01-2019, 11:36 AM
When all this ***** is over, I really hope Hibs ban that rag and the odious "Mr Jackson" from within 1000 miles of Easter Road.

They only ever write noxious crap and lies about our club anyway and they'd be no loss.

Hope they go down the pan at a rapid rate of knots in the near future. Utter comic of a newspaper.

IngolstadtHarry
31-01-2019, 11:41 AM
I think that's a tad of an overreaction especially if it's to the posts on this thread? The daily record piece for example is a blatant misrepresentation of the joint statement and has added a bunch of conjecture posing as fact in a way that paints a negative picture of Hibs in all of this.

It's a newspaper - adding some tasty morsels, made up or not, is what they do to sell the thing.
That doesn't mean that they are Lennon fans or that they are out to get Hibs.
And the fact that there is so much discussion here going on about their piece means that they are getting some nice click numbers and general publicity.

CMurdoch
31-01-2019, 12:03 PM

:agree:
In a nutshell, money was the bottom line for Hibs in this matter and avoiding reputation damage was the bottom line for Neil Lennon hence all the waffle in the statement.

I suspect NL has been paid his salary for the rest of the season which isn't the major hit for Hibs that paying up his full contract would be.
In return NL's reputation has been kept intact by the all encompassing fluffy statement.

Both parties also save on an expensive and painful drawn out legal process.

Leanne and the Tache are pragmatic and will have known how this will play out in the media BUT will take the hit for the £200k they have saved the club and the ability to move on immediately relatively unscathed. Well done again to the dynamic duo.

jacomo
31-01-2019, 12:06 PM
I hope both parties keep to the spirit of the agreement and don’t spend months briefing favoured journalists to trash the other side.

Lago
31-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Totally agree, others will tell you that your being unduly negative about the club & board. Qué Sera Sera. 😊

Here’s Lucy!
31-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Unfortunately, it probably is.

Can't think of any other manager to whom we would have salaried higher. :dunno: