PDA

View Full Version : Why are some people so desperate to know the ins and outs?

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 07:12 PM
We are never, ever going to get an impartial, blow-by-blow account of what happened between Lennon, the players and the board on Friday. That statement is as much we're ever getting through official channels, and while the rumours will continue to fly, they're not worth the time and effort people put into reading them.

We need to put this in the past and get behind the new manager, whoever they end up being*.

*Unless it's Butcher. :greengrin

Lago
30-01-2019, 07:14 PM
We are never, ever going to get an impartial, blow-by-blow account of what happened between Lennon, the players and the board on Friday. That statement is as much we're ever getting through official channels, and while the rumours will continue to fly, they're not worth the time and effort people put into reading them.

We need to put this in the past and get behind the new manager, whoever they end up being*.

*Unless it's Butcher. :greengrin
Like gossip in the work place people want all the gory details.

heretoday
30-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Natural curiosity. Like examining your own entrails.

Pointless really, since anyone who spends their time posting on fan sites will have no inside knowledge whatsoever.

It would be good if Lenny himself came on and gave us the details, along with "what I'm listening to now" or "pet peeves"! :greengrin

HibbySpurs
30-01-2019, 07:23 PM
I think people would like to understand why everything suddenly imploded between the players, management team and board.

Whilst most are not naieve enough to expect chapter and verse something giving some sort of backstory and why is things weren’t going right and it all ended up this way may have been appreciated.

Whilst remaining within the law re confidentiality etc. The club has to appreciate that the business model of a football club is like no other that relies heavily on a loyal core of support (customers) to keep the concern going, of course they are equally aware that supporting a football club is like no other business/customer relationship in that unlike if you shop in ASDA and get pissed off you can just nip into Tesco instead that’s generally not going to happen with a football supporter who all they can really do is remove their custom.

People on here bang in that Hibs are a business like any other and must obey the same laws and regulations like any other and whilst that’s true the relationship between the two parties is unlike any other as outlined above.

Personally I believe the board of Hibernian FC have treated us as supporters during this incident a bit like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed ****!

Some will no doubt pillior me for saying that but it’s my opinion.

Jones28
30-01-2019, 07:25 PM
I think it's only natural.

Hibs90
30-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Because people just want to have a go at the board.

SRHibs
30-01-2019, 07:28 PM
I just dislike that the lack of information fuels the anti-board agenda that so many seem to have.

HibbySpurs
30-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Because people just want to have a go at the board.

Not at all, plenty were very keen to stick the boot into NL from Friday though without considering any failings on the part of the board and our much regailed CEO who it appears is 100% above criticism and untouchable.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2019, 07:33 PM
I think people would like to understand why everything suddenly imploded between the players, management team and board.

Whilst most are not naieve enough to expect chapter and verse something giving some sort of backstory and why is things weren’t going right and it all ended up this way may have been appreciated.

Whilst remaining within the law re confidentiality etc. The club has to appreciate that the business model of a football club is like no other that relies heavily on a loyal core of support (customers) to keep the concern going, of course they are equally aware that supporting a football club is like no other business/customer relationship in that unlike if you shop in ASDA and get pissed off you can just nip into Tesco instead that’s generally not going to happen with a football supporter who all they can really do is remove their custom.

People on here bang in that Hibs are a business like any other and must obey the same laws and regulations like any other and whilst that’s true the relationship between the two parties is unlike any other as outlined above.

Personally I believe the board of Hibernian FC have treated us as supporters during this incident a bit like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed ****!

I think you know that any attempt at releasing that sort of information would simply throw the club into total turmoil, just look at the nonsense being spouted by some just now, imagine if specifics were released. The club has acted professionally and correctly in my opinion, we move on with no lasting damage.

jacomo
30-01-2019, 07:35 PM
One of the really noticeable and positive things that changed when LD came in is that the club became much more open. Communication with the fans improved massively.

It helped to dispel rumours, rebuild trust, and engender a feeling of being part of one family, where collective effort was needed in order to achieve our goals.

All that went into reverse this week. Radio silence and waiting for the white smoke to appear.

It feels a bit like a return to the bad old days, with fans turning to other sources to try and find out what was going on.

Do we fans have a right to know what’s going on inside the club? I think they do. Should the club get back to treating its supporters as part of the club, rather than mere customers? Absolutely.

Golden Bear
30-01-2019, 07:37 PM
I just dislike that the lack of information fuels the anti-board agenda that so many seem to have.

I don't think that there are many fans with an anti-board agenda but it's a case that those who do, are intent on letting their feelings be known.

HibbySpurs
30-01-2019, 07:38 PM
I think you know that any attempt at releasing that sort of information would simply throw the club into total turmoil, just look at the nonsense being spouted by some just now, imagine if specifics were released. The club has acted professionally and correctly in my opinion, we move on with no lasting damage.

Don’t disagree, just frustrating that as I said we are left totally in the dark and left to listen to hearsay and conjecture on the issue and draw conclusions.

My conclusion is that the working relationship between NL and LD had reached a point that it could not be fixed and to be fair to LD she had probably tolerated a fair bit from NL.

jacomo
30-01-2019, 07:38 PM

This is a red herring.

The club could have been a lot more proactive, while keeping sensitive details in-house and perhaps dispelling some more lurid rumours.

The gossip has been fuelled by their silence. Any crisis comms pro would be shaking their head.

tamig
30-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Thats fantasy island stuff. I don’t understand why anybody would expect the club to give even a snippet of info as to what happened on Friday. I don’t see any issue with the statement and the parties involved can keep the truth of what went on to themselves as far as I’m concerned.

weecounty hibby
30-01-2019, 07:39 PM
I don't think that there are many fans with an anti-board agenda but it's a case that those who do, are intent on letting their feelings be known.

Empty vessels and all that. These folk jump on absolutely anything to have a go at the board for. This is just another excuse to do so

weecounty hibby
30-01-2019, 07:41 PM
This is a red herring.

The club could have been a lot more proactive, while keeping sensitive details in-house and perhaps dispelling some more lurid rumours.

The gossip has been fuelled by their silence. Any crisis comms pro would be shaking their head.
What could the club possibly have said over and above what they did that would have kept sensitive details on house? And how would that have placated you?

CockneyRebel
30-01-2019, 07:41 PM

You don't even know if that happened - you're still guessing. How can you have a discussion or take sides or take the huff over guesses. It's over and done with, bring on the next chapter.

Keith_M
30-01-2019, 07:43 PM
Why are some people so desperate to know the ins and outs?

Because they've spent the last week pretending they know what actually happened and were desperate for a statement that proved them right, so they could say......

"Told you so!"

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2019, 07:44 PM
This is a red herring.

:confused: It doesn't even come on the radar of CCM, we are talking about the suspension of two employees are we not?

tamig
30-01-2019, 07:44 PM
This is a red herring.

How would the club have dispelled some of the more lurid rumours. There were different rumours flying about all over the shop. Which ones would they prioritise to call out as wild speculation? Lenny never call Leeann a derogatory lesbian name. Lenny never threw a chair. Leeann’s still here - and don’t forget Whittaker too. Where would it end? The club have done fine.

The Leith Dutch
30-01-2019, 07:45 PM
I completely understand why people *want* to know. What I don't get is some people's sense they're *entitled* to know and their refusal to accept basic principles of privacy and employment law.

HibbySpurs
30-01-2019, 07:46 PM
You don't even know if that happened - you're still guessing. How can you have a discussion or take sides or take the huff over guesses. It's over and done with, bring on the next chapter.

Exactly! I’m not taking the huff at all, As another poster said it feels like a throwback to the bad old days where the club told fans zero and made no attempt to “clear the air” which LD worked so hard at changing. It’s a little disappointing that’s all.

Of course we move on and hope the board make the correct appointment as soon as possible to take the footballing side forward and deliver what we as supporters really want, a team challenging in the top third of the division with the genuine possibility of a trophy and European football adventure!

GGTTH

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 07:48 PM

And I think that anybody who regards this as a sudden implosion hasn't been paying much attention to Hibs since May 2018, but there we are.

HibbySpurs
30-01-2019, 07:53 PM
And I think that anybody who regards this as a sudden implosion hasn't been paying much attention to Hibs since May 2018, but there we are.

That’s the point though, anyone can see things haven’t been right for several months now and to me at tines it seemed as though NL had “lost interest” but that for me just makes Fridays incident all the more like it’s been trumped up to force the manager out.

If the relationship had really gone south as many think it had it would have surely been preferable for a quiet mutual agreement to have been reached rather than the circus of the last few days?

Of course there is the possibility that the board tried that with NL but he had refused, we just don’t know and most likely never will.

jacomo
30-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Exactly! I’m not taking the huff at all, As another poster said it feels like a throwback to the bad old days where the club told fans zero and made no attempt to “clear the air” which LD worked so hard at changing. It’s a little disappointing that’s all.

Of course we move on and hope the board make the correct appointment as soon as possible to take the footballing side forward and deliver what we as supporters really want, a team challenging in the top third of the division with the genuine possibility of a trophy and European football adventure!

GGTTH

You are talking much sense.

Sorry it appears to be falling on so many deaf ears!

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 07:56 PM
One of the really noticeable and positive things that changed when LD came in is that the club became much more open. Communication with the fans improved massively.

It helped to dispel rumours, rebuild trust, and engender a feeling of being part of one family, where collective effort was needed in order to achieve our goals.

All that went into reverse this week. Radio silence and waiting for the white smoke to appear.

It feels a bit like a return to the bad old days, with fans turning to other sources to try and find out what was going on.

Do we fans have a right to know what’s going on inside the club? I think they do. Should the club get back to treating its supporters as part of the club, rather than mere customers? Absolutely.

People praise Dempster for this, and I remember feeling that way at the time too, so I'm not having a go at all.

However, looking back on it, was this really the case? We didn't get given anything more than we have tonight when Stubbs left. The Allan transfer saga was filled with holes. There were lots of HSL updates but I really don't remember all too many communications that gave us any more than we get now.

That doesn't mean I'm right, by the way. I might be completely forgetting countless examples. If anyone can be bothered to find some, I'd love to see them because it would put this at rest for me.

Tornadoes70
30-01-2019, 07:56 PM

:top marks

Correct.

The board have demonstrated complete professionalism throughout. it can't have been easy for either party in this affair with both parties having conducted themselves in an exemplary manner regarding maintaining strict confidentiality. This was after all entirely an employer/employee dispute and its been resolved pragmatically including an agreed statement of harmonious consensus conclude.

Barney McGrew
30-01-2019, 08:04 PM
One of the standard responses seems to be “But football clubs are different”

In the eyes of employment law they are not - they’re the same as every other company, so they need to adhere to the same laws. While it’s really frustrating not knowing the full picture, I’d rather that was the case if it meant Hibs protected themselves from a six figure payout because they didn’t follow what they legally had to.

neil7908
30-01-2019, 08:07 PM
Why wouldn't we want to know?

We as fans sink huge amounts of money, time, blood sweat and tears into this team. Vague rumours of us signing someone on loan generate hundreds of posts and bickering.

And our leader has just left in unclear circumstances, with rumours raging about the future of LD. How could we not want to understand what has happened?

If your best mate or husband/wife got fired would you just go "ah well none of my business"?

WoreTheGreen
30-01-2019, 08:11 PM
Mybe lost in the verbles NL said I want to sign van dyke

HibbySpurs
30-01-2019, 08:11 PM
One of the standard responses seems to be “But football clubs are different”

In the eyes of employment law they are not - they’re the same as every other company, so they need to adhere to the same laws. While it’s really frustrating not knowing the full picture, I’d rather that was the case if it meant Hibs protected themselves from a six figure payout because they didn’t follow what they legally had to.

And you don’t think NL has just recieved a six figure payout?

Fergos
30-01-2019, 08:12 PM
I get why some would want to know what has went on, but don’t agree myself.

A better question may be, what specifically and legally could the club have done to placate this viewpoint? A common theme is there should have been a statement. What should it have said? And if not a statement, what else could the club have done before any agreement / settlement was reached?

Keep the Hibee faith, GGTTH.

FitbaFolkKen
30-01-2019, 08:12 PM

Alright Rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergos
30-01-2019, 08:14 PM
:confused: It doesn't even come on the radar of CCM, we are talking about the suspension of two employees are we not?

Exactly, well said that man.

GGTTH.

Tornadoes70
30-01-2019, 08:15 PM

We as fans sink huge amounts of money, time, blood sweat and tears into this team. Vague rumours of us signing someone on loan generate hundreds of posts and bickering.

And our leader has just left in unclear circumstances, with rumours raging about the future of LD. How could we not want to understand what has happened?

If your best mate or husband/wife got fired would you just go "ah well none of my business"?

Have you read any of the posts informing the dispute involved employer v employee therefore as such its subject to strict confidentiality framework? Wanting to know and having no right to know are entirely separate entities.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Barney McGrew
30-01-2019, 08:17 PM
And you don’t think NL has just recieved a six figure payout?

Who knows what he got. But I’d be very surprised if it turned out to be the full amount that was left on his contract. If that was the case, there wouldn’t have been a ‘mutual’ parting of the ways.

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 08:38 PM

The dynamic between us and Hibs is not the same as it is between you and your best mate/spouse.

Saturday Boy
30-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Basically, there’s a lot of sweetie wifes on here.

Sometimes only a good old Scots word covers it. 😄

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2019, 10:03 PM
People love drama and gossip. It's a natural human instinct.

djs69
30-01-2019, 11:46 PM
So if Lennon was suspended because he found out Dempster was speaking to potential replacements, and went absolutely mental at her I’d quite like to know...he certainly wasn’t suspended for shouting match with players

30-01-2019, 11:52 PM
People love drama and gossip. It's a natural human instinct.

Agree and everybody wants to be "In the know!"

marinello59
30-01-2019, 11:54 PM
So if Lennon was suspended because he found out Dempster was speaking to potential replacements, and went absolutely mental at her I’d quite like to know...he certainly wasn’t suspended for shouting match with players

So you want it confirmed that it wasn’t Lennons’s fault as you already know it wasn’t. :greengrin

WeeRussell
31-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Nope, my best mate or wife would no doubt tell me the details but it would be their choice to do so.

Neil Lennon is not my best mate nor my husband.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Everyone likes a bit of in ...

Brooster
31-01-2019, 05:43 PM

Spill the beans. You seem to know what went on.

RossScott1991
31-01-2019, 06:25 PM
I heard the exact same rumour today at from one of my mates, as did my brother at his work about hibs speaking to potential coaches down south, one which knows lennon who spilt the beans and he went nuts at dempster

News / rumours travel fast it seems if other posters have heard same 😂

marinello59
31-01-2019, 06:29 PM
I heard the exact same rumour today at from one of my mates, as did my brother at his work about hibs speaking to potential coaches down south, one which knows lennon who spilt the beans and he went nuts at dempster

News / rumours travel fast it seems if other posters have heard same 😂

I’ve heard the exact same rumour several times now from people who have read this forum. I wasn’t too sure the first time but I’m totally convinced now. :greengrin

w pilton hibby
31-01-2019, 06:50 PM
I’ve heard the exact same rumour several times now from people who have read this forum. I wasn’t too sure the first time but I’m totally convinced now. :greengrin

Was this rumour about Hibs sounding out replacement coaches not started or repeated by Kano on the radio the other night?

Sioux
31-01-2019, 06:53 PM

It seems the words 'I heard' is intended to provide conclusive evidence of fact. By using those words any previous thoughts or opinions offered by others are rebutted, unless they too used the words in question. Strangely enough whoever uttered the the words that were 'heard' is never revealed.

Subject to that there is always the possibility that he who heard, heard nothing.

Reports that say that something has or hasn't happened are always interesting, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones. DR

Sammy7nil
31-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Thats fantasy island stuff. I don’t understand why anybody would expect the club to give even a snippet of info as to what happened on Friday. I don’t see any issue with the statement and the parties involved can keep the truth of what went on to themselves as far as I’m concerned.

Jolly good for you :greengrin