PDA

View Full Version : 985 Days...

Jamesie
30-01-2019, 05:11 PM
..have elapsed between 21 May 2016 and our manager's departure today.

The longest honeymoon in history and without a doubt the most sustained harmony I can ever recall in my 30 and a bit years of supporting Hibs: only for a fleeting glance in the autumn of the 2000 under Mcleish did I see anything similar.

What do you think the next 985 days will bring?

Scottie
30-01-2019, 05:17 PM
A Scottish Cup win, A League title and a trip into the group stages of the Champions league. Well we are all allowed to believe and dream aren't we :greengrin

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 05:29 PM
A Scottish Cup win, A League title and a trip into the group stages of the Champions league. Well we are all allowed to believe and dream aren't we :greengrin

A better tannoy system and quality catering.

Too far?

Chorley Hibee
30-01-2019, 05:34 PM

Too far?

More chance of Lennon returning.

Deeds
30-01-2019, 05:40 PM
Freeflowing, attacking fitba with pinch of swagger thrown in, and a return of the kit worn by Cropley on the ‘Hibernian images through the years’ thread...

penihibs
30-01-2019, 05:41 PM
Really enjoyed following the team with them in charge, it's been a blast.
Good luck guy's for the future.

We go again! GGTTH.

Famous Fiver
30-01-2019, 05:54 PM
By the way, come to think of it, I've not seen the pigeons for a while.

Did they leave by mutual consent?

I think we should be told.

Keith_M
30-01-2019, 06:58 PM
By the way, come to think of it, I've not seen the pigeons for a while.

Did they leave by mutual consent?

I think we should be told.

If you mean the Seagulls...

They're on garden leave.

Islington Hibs
30-01-2019, 07:23 PM
..have elapsed between 21 May 2016 and our manager's departure today.

The longest honeymoon in history and without a doubt the most sustained harmony I can ever recall in my 30 and a bit years of supporting Hibs: only for a fleeting glance in the autumn of the 2000 under Mcleish did I see anything similar.

What do you think the next 985 days will bring?

Top observation. My first game was in 1977 and generally the mood has been poor to bad. Those 985 days most certainly have been exceptional and to be fair perhaps for 18 months before things were getting a lot better. I think the next few years will be well above average. They should be the financial gap between the likes of us, Hearts and Aberdeen and the rest has grown. We remain in much better shape, despite a very poor six months, than at most times I remember.

wookie70
30-01-2019, 07:45 PM
There was a magical 72 days out of that 985 where he had us playing some great stuff having signed Flo and McLaren and making a run for 2nd place that ultimately ended up with 4th.

The first 300 odd days was a fairly routine Championship win with some brutal football. The previous 180 or so days to now have been fairly dismal with the odd cracking performance and a decent European run.

Paisley Hibby
31-01-2019, 09:10 AM
There was a magical 72 days out of that 985 where he had us playing some great stuff having signed Flo and McLaren and making a run for 2nd place that ultimately ended up with 4th.

The first 300 odd days was a fairly routine Championship win with some brutal football. The previous 180 or so days to now have been fairly dismal with the odd cracking performance and a decent European run.

Spot on. Jan-May 2018 was brilliant. The rest, not so much.

SquashedFrogg
31-01-2019, 09:32 AM
If you mean the Seagulls...

They're on garden leave.

😂

snedzuk
31-01-2019, 11:59 AM
More chance of Lennon returning.

On shergar

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 12:42 PM

You can't say there wasn't a huge buzz around the club after the cup win, even if it wasn't the most exciting season (apart from the cup run)

wookie70
31-01-2019, 05:01 PM
You can't say there wasn't a huge buzz around the club after the cup win, even if it wasn't the most exciting season (apart from the cup run)

It wasn't of Lennon's doing though and the football that year was poor and results expected and average. The cup run was possibly the highlight as we knocked them out again but that was counterbalanced by a terrible start to the game at Hampden that had a fair share of Lennon's twiddling as a contributor. I think I'll stick to him being an average manager who can both underachieve and overachieve with results and one who is below average in terms of transfers and his own discipline. My view has never changed on most of that since he started although that 72 days he did get me thinking he was better than I might have thought. Brought down to earth this season though

Greencore
31-01-2019, 05:16 PM
A record transfer fee for one of our players.
a new fan favourite
and
better pies.

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 06:18 PM
It wasn't of Lennon's doing though and the football that year was poor and results expected and average. The cup run was possibly the highlight as we knocked them out again but that was counterbalanced by a terrible start to the game at Hampden that had a fair share of Lennon's twiddling as a contributor. I think I'll stick to him being an average manager who can both underachieve and overachieve with results and one who is below average in terms of transfers and his own discipline. My view has never changed on most of that since he started although that 72 days he did get me thinking he was better than I might have thought. Brought down to earth this season though

Think you miss the point

The thread is not about Lennon, it's about the good feeling that has generally existed at Hibs for 2 and a half years

Even if you didn't feel it most did

wookie70
31-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Think you miss the point

The thread is not about Lennon, it's about the good feeling that has generally existed at Hibs for 2 and a half years

Even if you didn't feel it most did
I think the feeling of togetherness, enjoying the football and hope started before that glorious day.

brianmc
31-01-2019, 06:54 PM

Too far?

Since the new East was built I've bought either 1 or 2 pies + a Bovril pre match at every game (#heartattack , I know, I know).
I could count on one hand how many times they've been less than I expected. So whilst I could perhaps moan about the health impacts of the greasy fare on offer, and definitely complain about the price I'd have no negative comment to make.

As for the tannoy.....?

I'm back row, half way line in the East with only the TV gantry behind me - and if I can make out one word in ten of what's coming out the speakers then I'm doing well..

HOWEVER!!!! (and this is important to me) I don't care!

Having occasionally sat in the other stands, be it a Cup game, Hibs kids day or whatever - where I COULD hear perfectly well the absolute drivel being spouted over the tannoy I feel blessed to have a seat where I currently do.

Tannoy guy (Barry?) is like every cheesy DJ that you hear on the radio - Just stop talking pish mate and play a tune eh?