PDA

View Full Version : If We Have Learned One Thing In The Past Week During The Lennon Affair...

One Day Soon
30-01-2019, 04:35 PM
...it is that we collectively, me included, are capable of spouting an incontestable tsunami of pish.

Good job all round :applause:

Now, what's next?

Liberal Hibby
30-01-2019, 04:38 PM
The only people who made any money were the lawyers. (No change there).

Pete
30-01-2019, 04:39 PM
We’ve learned that we’ve got the makings of a good team after the St Mirren comeback.

A new manager, a few more signings and we could be motoring.

Here’s Lucy!
30-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Everyone on here knows everything, but in actual fact nobody knows anything. :agree:

:wink:

Here’s Lucy!
30-01-2019, 04:54 PM
We’ve learned that we’ve got the makings of a good team after the St Mirren comeback.

A new manager, a few more signings and we could be motoring.

Good post.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2019, 05:43 PM
...it is that we collectively, me included, are capable of spouting an incontestable tsunami of pish.

Now, what's next?

# Me too :greengrin

Keith_M
30-01-2019, 05:46 PM
# Me too :greengrin

#definitelyhimanaw

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2019, 06:13 PM
That Hibernian FC began before all of us were born and will still be here when all of us are gone.

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 06:14 PM
Don’t eat yellow snow. Be prepared 👍

pacoluna
30-01-2019, 06:14 PM

Now, what's next?

To be fair it's not really been collective, it's been a certain element.of our support on this forum.

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 06:16 PM
To be fair it's not really been collective, it's been a certain element.of our support on this forum.

You are absolutely raging aren't you? :rolleyes:

AgentDaleCooper
30-01-2019, 06:17 PM

Tbh, i think it's healthy for a group en mas to acknowledge their massive fallibility. I would say there have been, at the absolute minimum, elements (PLURAL) that have been spouting pish.

pacoluna
30-01-2019, 06:19 PM

Close but not quite, just disappointed at how an element of our support has tainted this forum over the last couple.of days.

proud_and_green
30-01-2019, 06:20 PM

Now, what's next?

How do you contest a tsunami of pish....?

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 06:20 PM

It’s not going to get any better either.

The club have made what they feel is the best decision based on whatever. It’s tome we became Hibernian supporters again and not boyband lovers.

Not In The Know
30-01-2019, 06:21 PM
That Whitaker wasn't sacked...

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Close but not quite, just disappointed at how an element of our support has tainted this forum over the last couple.of days.

Have you got anything constructive to say apart from having a go at fellow supporters?

Who would you suggest as our next manager?

we are hibs
30-01-2019, 06:25 PM

If your getting close to being raging over a forum then maybe you shouldn't take it as seriously. At the end of the day no matter the differences of opinions on here, the majority of us will be at Easter road on Saturday wanting the exact same thing and that's 3 points and an entertaining performance.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2019, 06:33 PM
#definitelyhimanaw

:na na:

Leith Green
30-01-2019, 06:45 PM
It is that the modern day press know absolutely nothing about anything anymore. Big sensational headlines backed up by no facts and no sources. Pure guesswork 👍

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 06:47 PM

Conversely, while I'm not going to use words anywhere near as loaded as 'tainted', I've noticed a number of posters running about putting out fires on behalf of Neil Lennon and his rather average (in my opinion, of course) track record at Hibs.

There was less of an emotional response to John Lennon getting shot than there's been to Lennon and Hibs parting ways from some on here. It's all a little Cult of Personality, I have to say.

pacoluna
30-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Conversely, while I'm not going to use words anywhere near as loaded as 'tainted', I've noticed a number of posters running about putting out fires on behalf of Neil Lennon and his rather average (in my opinion, of course) track record at Hibs.

There was less of an emotional response to John Lennon getting shot than there's been to Lennon and Hibs parting ways from some on here. It's all a little Cult of Personality, I have to say.

What fires?

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 07:04 PM
What fires?

I wasn't talking about anything specific, just general, valid criticism of Lennon's time as a manager here. If you want some examples:

That his Championship season was nowhere near as rosy as people remember it.

That his cup record while at Hibs was mediocre.

That his attitude has sometimes given the impression that he's doing Hibs a favour by being here.

That he threatened to quit the club on the back of a defeat at Tynecastle (in which he failed to understand before the game that a point was enough to give us a strong chance of second).

That his behaviour towards referees has at times deflected heavily from his own tactical shortcomings.

There is a lot of good about Lennon's time at Hibs that I will remember fondly (strong performances in Europe, the second half of last season, some great derby wins under the lights at Easter Road), but the way that some on here have lamented his loss, you'd genuinely think that we've sacked a manager who won us the treble last season.

One Day Soon
30-01-2019, 07:05 PM
How do you contest a tsunami of pish....?

I could say that you can't and that's the point. Instead I will suggest a dinghy may be the best option.

FitbaFolkKen
30-01-2019, 07:11 PM
I wasn't talking about anything specific, just general, valid criticism of Lennon's time as a manager here. If you want some examples:

That his attitude has sometimes given the impression that he's doing Hibs a favour by being here.

That he threatened to quit the club on the back of a defeat at Tynecastle (in which he failed to understand before the game that a point was enough to give us a strong chance of second).

That his behaviour towards referees has at times deflected heavily from his own tactical shortcomings.

There is a lot of good about Lennon's time at Hibs that I will remember fondly (strong performances in Europe, the second half of last season, some great derby wins under the lights at Easter Road), but the way that some on here have lamented his loss, you'd genuinely think that we've sacked a manager who won us the treble last season.

Not having that. Fake news, he would’ve won us the treble if only we matched his ambition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacoluna
30-01-2019, 07:11 PM

They ain't fires their just your opinion.

Bull**** rumours, slanderous remarks, rewriting of history, whatabouterism,

It's facts that's put out these fires, not me nor anybody else.

WoreTheGreen
30-01-2019, 07:16 PM
What fires?

He didn’t start the fire lt was always burning while the world was turning

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 07:18 PM

Yeah and my point is that the recent pattern on .net has been:

Poster A makes a valid criticism of Lennon's time at Hibs and doesn't wax lyrical about how great "oor Lenny" is.

Poster B quotes the post of Poster A and, typically calls them a liar or accuses them of being gleeful that Lennon's going. I even saw one poster (not you) allude to it being Lennon's Irish Catholic background that was the reason for this.

I'm very curious to know where in the list of reasons I gave in the previous post I've veered into bull**** rumours, slanderous (you mean libellous) remarks, rewriting of history or whatabouterism.

Hi Heid Yin
30-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Even now that he has gone, one or two have to keep raking up the same muck on Neil Lennon.

Seriously, you got what you wanted.

Give the guy at least a little respect for getting us promoted as champions and leading us into Europe.

One Day Soon
30-01-2019, 07:23 PM
And now on this thread too.

It's like watching Peter Griffin fighting the giant chicken on Family Guy, spilling across countries and continents. Except without any of the humor or entertainment. Or purpose.

And Peter Griffin is heavily outnumbered.

Hi Heid Yin
30-01-2019, 07:26 PM

:agree::agree:

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Even now that he has gone, one or two have to keep raking up the same muck on Neil Lennon.

Seriously, you got what you wanted.

Give the guy at least a little respect for getting us promoted as champions and leading us into Europe.

You deciding what I wanted is very touching, but also wildly inaccurate. If results had stabilised and we'd consolidated into 6th/7th, I would've been very happy for Hibs to reassess the situation at the end of the summer. I get the feeling Lennon might've left his own accord at that point, but obviously that's just my own view.

No 'muck' is being raked up re Lennon. There is a very tiresome and sycophantic defence of him being played out in the media right now by Sutton, Hartson, Hartley etc., and it's a bit nauseating to see some have taken up the reins on here too. That's all.

Hi Heid Yin
30-01-2019, 07:36 PM
You deciding what I wanted is very touching, but also wildly inaccurate. If results had stabilised and we'd consolidated into 6th/7th, I would've been very happy for Hibs to reassess the situation at the end of the summer. I get the feeling Lennon might've left his own accord at that point, but obviously that's just my own view.

No 'muck' is being raked up re Lennon. There is a very tiresome and sycophantic defence of him being played out in the media right now by Sutton, Hartson, Hartley etc., and it's a bit nauseating to see some have taken up the reins on here too. That's all.

All due respect: "muck" has and still is being raked up.

It's coming across as border line sinister and goes beyond being upset about his "performance as manager". It's coming across as "personal". Vindictiveness springs to mind when reading some of the anti-Lennon posts.

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 07:40 PM

It's coming across as border line sinister and goes beyond being upset about his "performance as manager". It's coming across as "personal". Vindictiveness springs to mind when reading some of the anti-Lennon posts.

So is it safe to assume you're talking about my posts (among others), then?

In which case, whatever it may look like, I know full well that I have nothing against Neil Lennon personally. I have it on good authority that he is a decent person from somebody whose judge of character I trust greatly. How he conducts himself publicly has been at times...interesting, but that isn't a slight on him as a person. I hope he goes on to have a happy and successful future in football, but it's clear that that future cannot be here for now.

HibbyDave
30-01-2019, 07:59 PM
I’ll miss NL but we have underachieved during his tenure.
Just my opinion.

Lago
30-01-2019, 08:10 PM
The only people who made any money were the lawyers. (No change there).
That Hibs have resorted to the P R of yesteryear.

Hi Heid Yin
30-01-2019, 09:07 PM
So is it safe to assume you're talking about my posts (among others), then?

In which case, whatever it may look like, I know full well that I have nothing against Neil Lennon personally. I have it on good authority that he is a decent person from somebody whose judge of character I trust greatly. How he conducts himself publicly has been at times...interesting, but that isn't a slight on him as a person. I hope he goes on to have a happy and successful future in football, but it's clear that that future cannot be here for now.

Not going to be drawn into which poster/s I was referring to.

The guy has gone and I'm pleased that you wish him well.

He is indeed a decent person. I have seen him outside ER and have first-hand experience of the good that he does for others in the community.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 09:12 PM
There’s been longer threads and bigger arguments over other clubs managers or dodgy refs decisions.

Comsidering events this week have been of hu*****us, gigantic proportions I think we’ve all handled ourselves pretty well.

It’s only been a few hours since the statement, it’s obviously gonna be talked about for a while yet.

Some of us are absolutely gutted that Lennon is away. How about just giving us a wee break for emotional reasons:wink:

snedzuk
30-01-2019, 10:07 PM

Now, what's next?

Invite gary locke over?

hughio
31-01-2019, 10:03 AM

Now, what's next?

Answer : A bit of pedantry perhaps?

I have no quibble whatsover with "tsunami" or "pish" but I would contest the use of "incontestible"

It's "uncontestable" surely?

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 10:11 AM

I’ve seen next to nothing that I would class as any of those things.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 10:13 AM

I have no quibble whatsover with "tsunami" or "pish" but I would contest the use of "incontestible"

Loving your pedantry work but apparently not. Seems it's in not un.

I think I can safely argue therefore that it is incontestable that incontestible not uncontestable is incontestibly correct. Do you wish to contest that?

Lester B
31-01-2019, 10:17 AM

Now, what's next?

God ain't that the truth. According to some people at half time on Sunday's game we were going to get relegated. And that's people plural, there was more than one.

hughio
31-01-2019, 10:27 AM

I think I can safely argue therefore that it is incontestable that incontestible not uncontestable is incontestibly correct. Do you wish to contest that?

Gutted.
I must humbly apologise.
having checked you are incontestibly right.

What's worse than being a smartarse ...and being proved wrong?
Talking a tsunami of pish perhaps.

lapsedhibee
31-01-2019, 10:33 AM

I'm not sure it's possible to spout a tsunami. I don't think the physics of waves or that would allow it.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Gutted.
I must humbly apologise.
having checked you are incontestibly right.

What's worse than being a smartarse ...and being proved wrong?
Talking a tsunami of pish perhaps.

I think in years to come we will all look back at the 'Tsunami of Pish' chapter with a mixture of horror, fascination and determination to never let it happen again.

Until the next time.

hughio
31-01-2019, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure it's possible to spout a tsunami. I don't think the physics of waves or that would allow it.

Good point!

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 10:36 AM

You'd think that right? But then .net happens and its like the NCC-1701A breaking through to another space time system where all normal laws do not apply.

hughio
31-01-2019, 10:57 AM
I think in years to come we will all look back at the 'Tsunami of Pish' chapter with a mixture of horror, fascination and determination to never let it happen again.

Until the next time.

One day soon...

lapsedhibee
31-01-2019, 11:25 AM
You'd think that right? But then .net happens and its like the NCC-1701A breaking through to another space time system where all normal laws do not apply.

Exactly the same reply that Enoch Powell gave when asked how a river could come to be "foaming" with blood, like a head on it. You and Enoch, you're like two completely similar things in a pod. Oh, and Sybil. Three things. You're like three completely similar things in a pod.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2019, 11:30 AM

Exactly, its not possible. :agree:

Much more of a car crash of a week. :wink:

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Exactly the same reply that Enoch Powell gave when asked how a river could come to be "foaming" with blood, like a head on it. You and Enoch, you're like two completely similar things in a pod. Oh, and Sybil. Three things. You're like three completely similar things in a pod.

Outed. I am indeed three completely similar things in a pod.

I've been looking for a new username since 21 May 2016 and - characters permitting - three completely similar things in a pod may be it.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Exactly, its not possible. :agree:

And yet the stench of the pish is all around us...

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2019, 11:38 AM

Get a peg, we all have them.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Get a peg, we all have them.

Amen brother. Don't want to break a packet though, I'll never get the rest sold then. You know what statics are like on the doorstep.

heretoday
31-01-2019, 11:44 AM

I agree. Sutton in particular is such a beaut.

Lenny is a great guy in many ways but it would also be quite liberating for us to get shot of all his baggage and appoint a fresh face.

proud_and_green
31-01-2019, 11:45 AM
I could say that you can't and that's the point. Instead I will suggest a dinghy may be the best option.

I know i'm just being a pedantic twat, but you said that it was an 'INcontestable' tsunami, so if there is such a thing as an Incontestable Tsunami there must be a contestable Tsunami and that got me wondering how one might go about attempting that...

proud_and_green
31-01-2019, 11:48 AM

well quite, but i am not sure how you contest a tsunami at all so ...!

lapsedhibee
31-01-2019, 11:49 AM

Possibly the car that crashed was using very advanced electrics (http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20160712-can-a-car-run-on-pee-power).

hughio
31-01-2019, 12:26 PM
well quite, but i am not sure how you contest a tsunami at all so ...!

You just stand on the beach and shout.King Canute tried.

MB62
31-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Invite gary locke over?

Great idea, not been to a good stoning for a while, better buy some good pointed ones :greengrin