PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: JOINT STATEMENT: HIBERNIAN FC AND NEIL LENNON/GARRY PARKER

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
30-01-2019, 03:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9671)

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Good luck and thanks Lenny and Parker.

Vault Boy
30-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your efforts guys.

matty_f
30-01-2019, 03:43 PM
All the best Neil and Gary - it was good fun while it lasted!

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Well thats a whole pile of keek.

We suspended him so we could carry out an internal review of what exactly if he hadn’t done anything wrong?

Total BS statement.

WillowbraeHibby
30-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Move on I suppose, nowt else for it.

bigwheel
Thanks Neil and Garry - always welcome back from my perspective - Thanks for all your work and best of luck for the next chapter of your career..

And right Hibs - let's get going again!!

GGTTH

WillowbraeHibby

We suspended him so we could carry out an internal review of what exactly if he hadn’t done anything wrong?

Total BS statement.

I would have to agree with you. Weird state of affairs?

JeMeSouviens
30-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Nothing to see here, move along, move along ... :rolleyes:

Really sad end to a rollercoaster ride.

Broken Gnome
30-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Absence of any Leeann Dempster comment quite telling?

The 90+2

Total BS statement.

It’s called a settlement.

Souter96Mac
Thanks Neil and Gary for your tenure. Looking forward to who we get in.

CapitalGreen
30-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Amazing how many people are desperate for Hibs to air their dirty laundry in public.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Thanks to the club and Neil for issuing this statement that many wanted, thanks for clearing everything up, we can move on now, and those fans who wondered what the hell had gone on wont ask anymore question. :faf:

aljo7-0
Thanks to both. Shame it has ended this way but hopefully onwards and upwards for all

Stevie Reid
Really couldn't care about the statement not explaining what happened, and think it's benign nature is for the best.

I am hugely grateful to NL and GP for their time at Hibs, and am very sad to see them go - but I'm also excited to see where we go next.

GGTTH

matty_f
30-01-2019, 03:51 PM

Total BS statement.

Hypothetical situation to explain the kind of circumstances in which that could happen, totally legitimately:

Person A raises a concern that Person B has been threatening Person C.

Person in charge has a responsibility to investigate, but due to the nature of the allegation (which at this point is only an allegation and therefore could be with or without merit), it's appropriate to suspend Person B to remove them from the situation.

Investigation takes place, witness statements are gathered and on the basis of the evidence, the allegation is dismissed.

Entirely correct way to handle the situation. Suspending someone is not finding them guilty or even suggesting that they are guilty of any wrongdoing.

Jim44
Maybe the speculation of events last week was not the sole reason for the outcome but probably the last straw in a series of events, not conducive to the well-being of the club. I think the club has acted properly and responsibly.

Vault Boy

It is strange, right enough.

SRHibs
30-01-2019, 03:52 PM
As we can see, nothing actually happened, but club and manager just both spontaneously decided things were no longer working and that parting ways would be best for both. Thanks for clearing things up Hibs!

500miles
Maybe we should get Rod, Leann and Neil on Jeremy Kyle to air the dirty laundry for everyone's satisfaction.

This was always going to b e the outcome unless you wanted a legal battle and a press coordinated PR war.

hibsbollah
Its the Omerta.
The Sicilian mafia has nothing on Hibernian FC.

Thanks Neil and Garry:flag:

Barney McGrew
30-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Oh well.

A very carefully worded HR friendly statement, and as suspected we’ll never know the real story. Non Disclosure Agreements ahoy, and the only winners are the lawyers on both sides.

Time to move on.

hibby6270
30-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Nothing else to see here now. Time to move on.
Thanks Neil and Garry for the memories. GGTTH

Pretty Boy
30-01-2019, 03:55 PM
It was always going to be like this. It's not in anyones interests for our dirty laundry to be aired, particularly in the courts. Agree a settlement and declare publicly no one is to blame. HR 101.

It's good news for those who want to bash the club regardless, it's good news for those who want to bash Lennon, it's good news for the gossips and it's good news for those of us who want to move on.

Let's be honest NL and Hibs were never likely to part with a firm handshake. It's been fun while it lasted and I wish Lennon and Parker well. Ultimately though I'm a Hibs supporter and where we go from here is all I really care about now.

GloryGlory
30-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Thanks, Neil and all the best.

I will particularly miss your unmatched ability to effortlessly wind up Sevco and Sevconians! :greengrin

Good kuck also to Garry.

Bristolhibby
30-01-2019, 03:56 PM

I did think it off that it was a Rod Petrie comment and not a Leeann comment.

J

muzzhfc
30-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Thanks to both for everything. Time for us all to move on for the good of the club and season!

Sir David Gray
30-01-2019, 03:57 PM
I don't believe a word of that statement but it was what I expected to come out.

All the best to the pair of them and good luck to the board in replacing them with similar quality.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2019, 03:57 PM
It is strange, right enough.

Not really.

If she was involved in any 'incident' then it's probably been agreed she'll play no part in the end game.

bookert
30-01-2019, 03:58 PM
It was always going to be like this. It's not in anyones interests for our dirty laundry to be aired, particularly in the courts. Agree a settlement and declare publicly no one is to blame. HR 101.

It's good news for those who want to bash the club regardless, it's good news for those who want to bash Lennon, it's good news for the gossips and it's good news for those of us who want to move on.

Let's be honest NL and Hibs were never likely to part with a firm handshake. It's been fun while it lasted and I wish Lennon and Parker well. Ultimately though I'm a Hibs supporter and where we go from here is all I really care about now.
Thank goodness - a sensible post about the statement.

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 04:00 PM
McNulty announced to tonight in light of this I would imagine. Medical had this morning.

seanshow
30-01-2019, 04:01 PM
The suspension, put in place to allow an internal review, was lifted by the club as part of this agreement. Despite widespread speculation, the club confirms that neither Neil nor Garry has been guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing and no disciplinary process has been commenced.

'The suspension' what suspension is that then, news to us.

No misconduct, No wrongdoing and No disiplinary procedure....so why was he suspended then.

CapitalGreen
The suspension, put in place to allow an internal review, was lifted by the club as part of this agreement. Despite widespread speculation, the club confirms that neither Neil nor Garry has been guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing and no disciplinary process has been commenced.

No misconduct, No wrongdoing and No disiplinary procedure....so why was he suspended then.

Surely you are smarter than this.

Scooter
McNulty announced to tonight in light of this I would imagine. Medical had this morning.

Don't believe he did

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Don't believe he did

I know otherwise 👍

ScottB
30-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Yeah, this reads that, whatever's happened, all sides have agreed the relationship has broken down, and ultimately it's in everyone's interests to just shake hands and walk away, instead of having a protracted legal fight / airing whatever took place in the media, which would only damage Lennon's reputation, potentially any players involved and the club itself.

Likely does mean we won't ever get a definitive answer as to what went on, but given this way means the club won't be wasting money on legal fees or, potentially, much of / any pay off for Lennon, so be it.

Onwards and upwards!

Swedish hibee
30-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Always sad when things end badly. But we move on, and beat the sheep on Saturday.

DH1875
30-01-2019, 04:04 PM
Amazing how many people are desperate for Hibs to air their dirty laundry in public.

Well speaking as a Hibs fan I'd like to know what has exactly gone on why our manager has left the club.

Seveno
Well done to Hibs for dealing with this matter in a professional way and reaching an amicable settlement. This is the way I expect our Club to handle sensitive matters.

Thank you to Neil and Gary for all you have achieved with the Club and best wishes for the future.

Hibeesmad
Loved how they mentioned all the achievements and records made under his management. Great appointment and great manager 👍

jacomo
30-01-2019, 04:05 PM

You are right. It is a painful statement. You can almost see the tracked changes as drafts have been passed to and fro between the parties.

Still... I don’t think we will gain anything from continuing to pick at this. Neil Lennon and Garry Parker have left, time for us to move on.

hibsbollah
30-01-2019, 04:05 PM
....so why was he suspended then.

Mistaken identity. Pay attention at the back boy!!:slipper:

jacomo
30-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Yeah, this reads that, whatever's happened, all sides have agreed the relationship has broken down, and ultimately it's in everyone's interests to just shake hands and walk away, instead of having a protracted legal fight / airing whatever took place in the media, which would only damage Lennon's reputation, potentially any players involved and the club itself.

Likely does mean we won't ever get a definitive answer as to what went on, but given this way means the club won't be wasting money on legal fees or, potentially, much of / any pay off for Lennon, so be it.

Onwards and upwards!

:agree:

Unfortunately us fans will probably continue to argue about it for years, but it’s all done now.

cabbage_88
30-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Absolutely pathetic statement. They must think our eyes are painted on.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2019, 04:09 PM

Total BS statement.

Statement make perfect sense to me.

GloryGlory
30-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Yeah, this reads that, whatever's happened, all sides have agreed the relationship has broken down, and ultimately it's in everyone's interests to just shake hands and walk away,

Onwards and upwards!

:agree: Yep. That's my take, too.

It happens in every organisation and people have to be smart enough to take action and fix it.

Iain G
30-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Absolutely pathetic statement. They must think our eyes are painted on.

Or your brain is made of Swiss cheese? It's exactly the statement we were going to get, what did you expect?

Vault Boy
Not really.

If she was involved in any 'incident' then it's probably been agreed she'll play no part in the end game.

In a statement where we're trying to claim there wasn't an 'incident' I do think it's odd. Lennon was certainly involved but is quoted.

I hope it's nothing by the way as I really like having Dempster at the club.

CRAZYHIBBY
Looks like we will never get the truth

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2019, 04:11 PM

Really? Do you not understand a disciplinary procedure.

BlackSheep
Load of crap!

Forget all the legalities, fans deserve to know if his “mutually agreed” departure was actually his fault or the boards.... if it’s the latter then aren’t we just going to be witnessing de ja vu when another ambitious manager is appointed or in an other way are we going to see a line of subservient to the board managers plying their trade at hibs...!!

It doesn’t work!

The whole thing reeks of a man pushing the club past it’s safe areas and getting his marching orders cos the board are too feart to take the risk!

Today a little bit of me hopes Rangers win the league this year... just to show all the cowards that sometime you have to speculate to accumulate in this game!!

As a fan base are we happy to finish mid table as long as we are profiting?

Folk talk of Southampton’s business model... well they get relegated soon enough and the public will see how selling all your best players isn’t actually the best way to build a successful football club!

GloryGlory

Did Hibs ever announce that NL/GP had been suspended pending an investigation? The "suspension" and "investigation" was newspaper talk only.

Sammy7nil
Not really.

Why is NL involved then :greengrin:wink:

Hiber-nation
30-01-2019, 04:12 PM

Makes sense and was as expected but the whole thing is a complete farce. However we'll just need to forget it and move on.

Hibernianinc
All the best Neil and Garry, thanks for the great memories.

I'm happy with that statement.

The club could have said "NL is a great manager but a bit of a radge. While things were going well on the park we accepted this. However, fights, tantrums and random threats while 8th in the league doesn't stack up".

Were this the case, as an example, I don't see who it helps?

hibbyfraelibby
A chapter in the story of Hibernian FC has closed and a new one is opening...we just need a title for it.

greenpaper55
I wonder if they got the full settlement , we will never know.

HoboHarry
30-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Load of crap!

Forget all the legalities, fans deserve to know if his “mutually agreed” departure was actually his fault or the boards.... if it’s the latter then aren’t we just going to be witnessing de ja vu when another ambitious manager is appointed or in an other way are we going to see a line of subservient to the board managers plying their trade at hibs...!!

It doesn’t work!

The whole thing reeks of a man pushing the club past it’s safe areas and getting his marching orders cos the board are too feart to take the risk!

Today a little bit of me hopes Rangers win the league this year... just to show all the cowards that sometime you have to speculate to accumulate in this game!!
Like Sevco did prior to 2012 you mean?

Callum_62
30-01-2019, 04:13 PM
The worrying aspect is who the statement is from

I wonder how Dempster feels in all of this?

Bristolhibby
30-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Load of crap!

It doesn’t work!

I’d imagine there’s a gagging clause for both parties not to air dirty laundry in public that helps nobody in the long run and would embarrass both the club and Lennon.

I think we have to accept that this is our lot and move in.

J

Ozyhibby
30-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Mistaken identity. Pay attention at the back boy!!:slipper:

Yip, turns out it was Bartley who threw the chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
Really? Do you not understand a disciplinary procedure.

You clearly don’t, because you are misreading the justified criticism on here.

SquashedFrogg

Lol

BlackSheep

Rangers died a death due to exploiting loopholes to their benefit and then having an example made of them... this year they are taking risks financially again, but a run in the champions league will more than repay that risk!

Jack
30-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Well speaking as a Hibs fan I'd like to know what has exactly gone on why our manager has left the club.

Really?

What did you expect? Copies of any CCTV, minutes of all the meetings?

As a Hibs fan you should know exactly what to expect and we got it!

HoboHarry
30-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Rangers died a death due to exploiting loopholes to their benefit and then having an example made of them... this year they are taking risks financially again, but a run in the champions league will more than repay that risk!
Lol - do you actually believe that? You're having a laugh.....

BlackSheep
I’d imagine there’s a gagging clause for both parties not to air dirty laundry in public that helps nobody in the long run and would embarrass both the club and Lennon.

I think we have to accept that this is our lot and move in.

J

Yes I understand, but let’s hope some loose lips sink this rumour ship... cos right now it stinks!

Let’s hope a couple of signings happen or the toys will definitely be out of my pram 😂

Speedway

Where did he have his medical?

BlackSheep
30-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Lol - do you actually believe that? You're having a laugh.....

Are you so aware of their finances that you can hand on heart say otherwise??

Jack
Not really.

It's normal for Rod to bid farewell to managers is it not? I'm sure it was him what done the Butcher and Stubbs.

ScottB

Well, if she and Neil did have some sort of run in, he's out the door, so.

As others have said, this kind of outcome is quite common. It suggests whatever Neil did may not have been as bad as some of the rumours of assaulting players etc as that may well have led to charges and the like, but if she took the decision to suspend Neil and begin this process, the club has backed her and she's got the end result she presumably wanted.

That she hasn't made a comment could be because she's too close to it, maybe she is sending a statement by refusing to say anything publicly nice about him or maybe the club just felt this statement needed Petrie's name, who is, nominally at least, at the top of the pile still.

BoomtownHibees
30-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Did Hibs ever announce that NL/GP had been suspended pending an investigation? The "suspension" and "investigation" was newspaper talk only.

The “suspension” was mentioned in the statement

HoboHarry
30-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Are you so aware of their finances that you can hand on heart say otherwise??
Sorry, my bad - I didn't realise hiding information from Hector was taking advantage of a loop hole :faf:

If you lived in the States you would vote for Trump wouldn't you?

Iain G
30-01-2019, 04:20 PM

You are Dave King and I claim my five pounds

cabbage_88
Or your brain is made of Swiss cheese? It's exactly the statement we were going to get, what did you expect?

A bit of something after leaving us in the **** in the middle of the transfer window.

Did they just happily mutually agree this with no replacement lined up? Don't think so. Fans deserve answers for what's looking like to be another shocker of a transfer window (gauld aside)

Who's doing these deals? How do we know the new manager will want them? The situation is a complete and utter disgrace.

GloryGlory
The “suspension” was mentioned in the statement

I meant prior to the statement - the key word is "pending". Sorry I didn't make that clear.

hibee
30-01-2019, 04:21 PM

Total BS statement.

That’s what happens in most companies, someone does something wrong, the company wants rid of them and they come to a mutual agreement so they don’t have a sacking on record.

Makes it easier for both parties to move forward.

jacomo
30-01-2019, 04:22 PM
It's normal for Rod to bid farewell to managers is it not? I'm sure it was him what done the Butcher and Stubbs.

This I agree with. Petrie performs a useful role for the club here, taking any potential hits and allowing LD to get on with running the club.

The Lightning Rod!

Lee Marvin
30-01-2019, 04:24 PM
The outrage at this statement is mindless and idiotic.

This stance has been taken to save hibs money, having to navigate through a drawn out legal process and to allow lennon to maintain some of the reputation he has left so as not to ruin his career.

Best outcome for all in an otherwise terrible situation.

Let's stop bashing hibs over this please, especially those who have done nothing wrong here.

matty_f
30-01-2019, 04:26 PM

This stance has been taken to save hibs money, having to navigate through a drawn out legal process and to allow lennon to maintain some of the reputation he has left so as not to ruin his career.

Let's stop bashing hibs over this please, especially those who have done nothing wrong here.

It's a way out for everyone to save face without it dragging on.

Greenbeard

Makes me wonder/speculate if she was involved in some sort of "incident" or serious disagreement with NL, and if she was, and as some suggest it was not the first time, maybe it became a "him or me" situation. IF (a big speculative if) that was so, then you have two folk who have both been highly successful for the club, one solid as a rock and seemingly here for the long term, the other volatile, been absent, and less likely to be long term. Sways the odds way in favour of LD surviving at NL's expense.

neil7908
All very strange. I suspect we'll never really know what happened.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Hypothetical situation to explain the kind of circumstances in which that could happen, totally legitimately:

Person in charge has a responsibility to investigate, but due to the nature of the allegation (which at this point is only an allegation and therefore could be with or without merit), it's appropriate to suspend Person B to remove them from the situation.

Investigation takes place, witness statements are gathered and on the basis of the evidence, the allegation is dismissed.

Entirely correct way to handle the situation. Suspending someone is not finding them guilty or even suggesting that they are guilty of any wrongdoing.

Agree with that.

But usually you would expect that after the allegation has been dismissed that Person B would get back to work as normal no?

Are you saying that in your experience, the suspended person is removed from the work place even though the employer has concluded that they did no wrong?

BSEJVT
Thanks to both. Shame it has ended this way but hopefully onwards and upwards for all

Says it all for me

Golden Bear
A bit of something after leaving us in the **** in the middle of the transfer window.

Did they just happily mutually agree this with no replacement lined up? Don't think so. Fans deserve answers for what's looking like to be another shocker of a transfer window (gauld aside)

Who's doing these deals? How do we know the new manager will want them? The situation is a complete and utter disgrace.

Its called conciliation.

The kettle came to the boil a lot quicker that we all anticipated but it was not totally unexpected. "Mutual Consent" it says and as a fan I'm happy to accept that. It's time to move on.

Joe6-2
30-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Whitewash! Hogwash? And BS!

hibsbollah
30-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Yip, turns out it was Bartley who threw the chair.

These central mids all look alike to me.

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Hibs doing business properly and professionally as usual. Well done to the club.

Scooter
30-01-2019, 04:34 PM
I know otherwise 👍

Does he know that he had a medical?

Chip shop Joe
30-01-2019, 04:35 PM
I’m quite happy with this to be honest.

What is done is done and I don’t see any benefit to the club to drag things out and make it any worse than it is.

Now let us crack on with the signings of Mcnulty and Allan!

pacoluna
30-01-2019, 04:35 PM

According to posters on here it's none of our business.

Golden Bear
30-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Whitewash! Hogwash? And BS!

And what's done is done.

Another chapter in Hibernian FC's history is about to open up and that's what we should focus on.

GloryGlory
30-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Yes. Normally these things happen after there has been a major disagreement between individuals and things are very charged and emotional. Suspensions are used to allow people to get away from that environment so that they can compose themselves and consider what is best going forward.

In this case, it is obvious that working relationships have deteriorated or broken down completely, so it is better for everyone to move on. It doesn't mean anyone is guilty of anything.

matty_f
30-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Agree with that.

But usually you would expect that after the allegation has been dismissed that Person B would get back to work as normal no?

Are you saying that in your experience, the suspended person is removed from the work place even though the employer has concluded that they did no wrong?

Depends on the situation, I've seen someone suspended on very serious charges (to the point where the police were involved) that were later found to be unfounded and they returned to work, though it was very awkward for that person.

I've also seen a settlement agreed prior to the investigation concluding that meant the person left on their terms without a sacking on their record and without the employer having to go through the disciplinary process.

And I've seen the investigation conclude, find the person in the clear, and the whole situation leave such a breakdown between the employer and the employee that they agreed terms to go their separate ways.

I do think that Lennon's situation is unique in that there was no way he was coming back once he was suspended, regardless of the outcome - I think Hibs had to suspend him and would have known that it effectively ended his time here, but would have felt that they had no choice but to do so because of the nature of the allegation.

Hiber-nation
30-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Hibs doing business properly and professionally as usual. Well done to the club.

Lying actually. But that's probably the only option they had so time to move on.

Keith_M
30-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Some people seem really dissapointed at the lack of juicy gossip

pacoluna
30-01-2019, 04:42 PM

No one's bashing the club, we would just like more clarity. The only party who have received a bashing on this bored is Neil Lennon and to put it simply it's been disgusting and highlighted how much of an echo chamber as well as how shamelessly hypocritical this board can be at times.

Diclonius
30-01-2019, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the memories Neil. Sorry it had to end this way.

The Modfather
30-01-2019, 04:43 PM
These central mids all look alike to me.

Somewhere in the ether a former poster is working himself into a frenzy 😀

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Lying actually. But that's probably the only option they had so time to move on.You expected the club to come out and tell everyone everything? That could potentially stop Lennon getting a job, stop Hibs hiring who they want to replace him and would be very unprofessional. They got it right here.

Onion
30-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Despite it being a fudge, am pleased this has not ended in a long drawn out public battle. Hibs and Lennon can now move forward. The real work for the Hibs Board starts now

Hibbyradge

No medical took place this morning.

Hiber-nation
You expected the club to come out and tell everyone everything? That could potentially stop Lennon getting a job, stop Hibs hiring who they want to replace him and would be very unprofessional. They got it right here.

I said it was probably the only option they had. Hate the statement though.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-01-2019, 04:49 PM
That’s what happens in most companies, someone does something wrong, the company wants rid of them and they come to a mutual agreement so they don’t have a sacking on record.

Makes it easier for both parties to move forward.

Exactly, I've dealt with such situations myself. If a member of staff has good representation, even if evidence against them is damming, it tends to be easier for a number if reasons to come to an agreement which allows them to walk away without a dismissal on their record.

Lago
30-01-2019, 04:49 PM
Frankly I don't think Hibs can handle, or deserve, a high profile manager like NL. Back to boring basics with next, don't rock the boat, appointment, with Rod back in the saddle.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-01-2019, 04:50 PM
Thank you Neil. I will never forgot how good last season was. My favourite ever season watching Hibs!

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Frankly I don't think Hibs can handle, or deserve, a high profile manager like NL. Back to boring basics with next, don't rock the boat, appointment, with Rod back in the saddle.

What do you mean, "Rod is back in the saddle"?

Has Leeann left too?

madhatter
30-01-2019, 04:52 PM

It's a Ponzi scheme after all...

Lago
30-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Thank you Neil. I will never forgot how good last season was. My favourite ever season watching Hibs!
Correct, scared of no one!

Jim44
30-01-2019, 04:55 PM

His middle name is Pierrepoint. :greengrin

Frank Moon
30-01-2019, 04:56 PM

Hang on it says Lennon hasn’t done anything wrong either and goes further by praising his achievements. A CEO has suspended a senior member of staff, it’s been investigated and no wrongdoing found. Perhaps we need to question the CEOs judgement in bringing this about and the cost to our Club? It reads like we didn’t have a leg to stand on.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 04:57 PM
We’ve now had our club captain and board tell us that Lennon did nothing wrong.

So if you believe them then Lennon should still be in charge.

If you don’t, then why are you siding with them and blaming Lennon?

This whole thing stinks.

Lago
30-01-2019, 04:57 PM
What do you mean, "Rod is back in the saddle"?

Has Leeann left too?
Not to my knowledge but that statement was all Petrie no if or buts.

emerald green
30-01-2019, 04:58 PM
I really hope this doesn't result in Leeann Dempster being the next person to leave the club. Clearly something untoward has happened to spark all this off, but the supporters will never know the truth unless someone who witnessed whatever took place starts talking.

It will be interesting to see how long it is before NL and GP take over at another club.

I hope whoever Hibs appoint next has the same drive and will to win as NL, but without all the baggage.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Has Leeann left too?

Wouldn’t be surprised if she’s away soon, probably in the close season.

jacomo
30-01-2019, 05:00 PM

What are you talking about??

The truth is that Lennon underperformed this season. Did he deserve us?

Lennon initially signed a two year contract. If he hadn’t extended it, he’d have left last summer. Maybe his initial instinct was right? Maybe all the undesirable rubbish that comes with him working in Scotland was too much?

It’s over and we all need to move on.

pacoluna
30-01-2019, 05:01 PM

This whole thing stinks.

Exactly.

Hibee Mac
30-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Thanks go to Lennon and Parker, both did a great job while at the club and I wish them the best in the future.

I am happy that our club is in the position to have someone like Leeann as I trust her to make good choices about the club's direction going forward. She's done fantastic so far so I'm sure she can pull another rabbit out the hat.

flash
30-01-2019, 05:02 PM
I have never seen a statement like it. That's yet another first for Hibs to go with floodlights and shirt sponsors.
Having said that I never expected to hear any of the gory details.
Quite looking forward to seeing where we go now.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Not to my knowledge but that statement was all Petrie no if or buts.

I think he's protecting Leeann Dempster from all the flak that will be flying around for a while.

He's got the skin of a rhinoceros with unusually thick skin.

Heisenberg
30-01-2019, 05:06 PM

This whole thing stinks.

The board are telling us Lennon did nothing wrong to allow him to move on and save us a payout. Gray said the relationship between Lennon and the players hadn’t changed, he didn’t say he did nothing wrong as far as I know?

cleanyman
30-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Farewell Lenny

It was a joy

JimBHibees
30-01-2019, 05:09 PM

Totally was always going to be this sort of conclusion. Don't really care what happened.

madhatter
30-01-2019, 05:13 PM

This whole thing stinks.

In other words, unless I'm mistaken, you are making it Lennon is victim and board are bullies/incompetent fools or board have made a massive mistake and Lennon is again the victim. Nasty board people and angelic Lenny is quite a funny view in my eyes.

For a born winner the guy doesn't half get portrayed as a victim an awful lot. Ever heard of the party line? Saying stuff that protects the interests of all involved?

I'm wondering if people would feel better had the club came out with "Lennon leaves the club after suspension, which incidentally was for his sexist comment toward Leeann, headbutting Kamberi while also tagging in Whittaker to finish him off". I cannot fathom what people are wanting. Board are on a lose/lose with the masses simply because we still have a "the board are pocketing our money and have no ambition" undertone that takes a jiffy to resurface.

More tired of people constantly questioning the board tbh. I've done it myself but after the past few years I'd have thought it would have faded more than it has. Think that's what stinks the most.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 05:13 PM
The board are telling us Lennon did nothing wrong to allow him to move on and save us a payout.

That is pure speculation and the default position of many on this board. No one has a clue if that’s the case, they are assuming it.

It’s just as plausible to suggest that LD completely over reacted and we’ve spent the last few days coming up with an offer for NL so that he doesn’t spill the beans and save us a payout.

Somoene alleged something. LDs first reaction is to suspend the manager?

Why is LD immune to anyone even questioning her role in this?

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 05:14 PM
In other words, unless I'm mistaken, you are making it Lennon is victim and board are bullies/incompetent fools or board have made a massive mistake and Lennon is again the victim. Nasty board people and angelic Lenny is quite a funny view in my eyes.

For a born winner the guy doesn't half get portrayed as a victim an awful lot. Ever heard of the party line? Saying stuff that protects the interests of all involved?

I'm wondering if people would feel better had the club came out with "Lennon leaves the club after suspension, which incidentally was for his sexist comment toward Leeann, headbutting Kamberi while also tagging in Whittaker to finish him off". I cannot fathom what people are wanting. Board are on a lose/lose with the masses simply because we still have a "the board are pocketing our money and have no ambition" undertone that takes a jiffy to resurface.

More tired of people constantly questioning the board tbh. I've done it myself but after the past few years I'd have thought it would have faded more than it has. Think that's what stinks the most.

I never said any of that anywhere, certainly not in the post you quoted.

HoboHarry
30-01-2019, 05:16 PM
That is pure speculation and the default position of many on this board. No one has a clue if that’s the case, they are assuming it.

It’s just as plausible to suggest that LD completely over reacted and we’ve spent the last few days coming up with an offer for NL so that he doesn’t spill the beans and save us a payout.

You seem to be having a good shot at it....

Blaster
30-01-2019, 05:18 PM

I guess Lennon has form for losing the plot

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 05:19 PM
Not really. Just asking the question.

superfurryhibby

Bottom line, the club was going backwards under Lennon. Combine **** results with our appalling league position and our former manager’s history of erratic behaviour and unhelpful statements and you have a basis for parting company. Get over it.

Speedway
We’ll miss Neil Lennon.

He wanted us to be much bigger and better than we are and did all he could to make it happen.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 05:20 PM
:top marks

j'adore hibs
30-01-2019, 05:21 PM

like button

madhatter
30-01-2019, 05:22 PM

Maybe because Lennon has a track record...
Maybe because Lennon, whilst being a very good manager at Hibs, also cost the club money due to his indiscipline?
Maybe because Lennon has publicly and privately criticised a single player relentlessly for about 2 months?
Maybe because Lennon isn't always a victim?

Would you be hypothesising over whether Leeann was the wrongdoers in this if it was Butcher? I think not, it's because it's Lennon and he has did well last season and the season before. Ignoring the suspension, Lennon was lucky he kept the job as long as he did this season, form is almost identical to Butcher. I wish him all the best but glad this is over. Club, and he, have made the right decision.

WhileTheChief..
Bottom line, the club was going backwards under Lennon. Combine **** results with our appalling league position and our former manager’s history of erratic behaviour and unhelpful statements and you have a basis for parting company. Get over it.

And if the statement had said that then fine.

Is there any need for the get over it comment? I’ve been perfectly rational and polite on this thread :na na:

LALthehibeeGAL
We’ll miss Neil Lennon.

He wanted us to be much bigger and better than we are and did all he could to make it happen.

Frank Moon
I am totally shocked at what the statement says. I expected a far more bland version of a mutual consent but this reads like a CV for Lennon which makes me question the whole thing. If this was about our results, where we are going and all the usual ‘mutual consent’ stuff when you part company witha manager then fine. But he is being praised like he has left to a bigger job! I think it’s egg on our face and LD could end up leaving because she feels the same or feels she hasn’t been backed.

Hibeewilly
30-01-2019, 05:23 PM
We’ll miss Neil Lennon.

I agree 100%.......I've never felt so confident going to Ibrox or Parkhead with him in charge.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Load of crap!

It doesn’t work!

As a fan base are we happy to finish mid table as long as we are profiting?

Folk talk of Southampton’s business model... well they get relegated soon enough and the public will see how selling all your best players isn’t actually the best way to build a successful football club!

Where to begin with this.

The Hibs manager has full control of the footballing side with no interference from the board, with the only time they are likely to come into conflict being complaints of bullying or the budget for players.

It appears nobody will ever really know what prompted the board to take the course of action they have, it seems clear that both sides have come to an agreement that Hibs will keep their council regarding their reasons with Lennon and Parker doing the same regarding their version of events. As others have said, if an altercation with Leeann Dempster was a factor then her absence from the process makes total sense … how would it look if she was judge and jury in a situation where she was a protagonist?

But above all of that. I just cant believe yet again reading a post from a Hibs fan berating the club for 'selling players' …. what planet are they on? Even in the Famous 5 era and before that Hibs were a selling club, just the same as 99.9% of all the clubs in the world. It doesn't matter a rats arse how ambitious a club or its manager is, holding onto players and what players it can afford is dictated by agents, players power and the market it operates in and measured against that how much money the club can afford. If a Hibs manager spits the dummy because that concept is beyond him then he should never have taken the job in the first place.

Even with the best will in the world Hibs will never be able to afford to pay an average of more than £3000 a week, unless the SPFL manages to secure a TV deal miles and miles better than the one it currently has, or we are taken over by a zillionaire. …. We lost McGeouch, McGinn and Ambrose, who are the three players most applicable to this moan about Hibs selling players. Find out what wages McGeouch and McGinn are currently on and get back to me to justify why Hibs are to blame for them leaving. Find out what Ambrose was on at Celtic compared to Hibs and let me know why he wasn't prepared to stick with a club he only signed for due to reasons other than money, reasons which are now no longer a factor.

The other factor the Unicorn chasers continually ignore is that it doesn't matter a toss how much Hibs could afford to spend on a transfer fee in an attempt to find a ready made replacement for an Ambrose, McGinn or McGeouch. Even if we could afford half a million quid what sort of wage is a half million quid player prepared to play for …. £156,000 a year, I don't bloody think so ….. not with a hundred other clubs out there willing and able to pay more.

This is the club you support ….. its inability to retain players or bring in like for like replacements for the ones it loses has nothing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with a lack of ambition and everything to do with the circumstances it has to operate in, circumstances it can do nothing about. There is no capacity to borrow money, there is no person within the club able or willing to throw their own money at a near certainly doomed to failure strategy of signing players for half a million quid and paying them 7 to 10 grand a week in the hope that they will work out.

Lack of ambition my arse. The only strategy a club like Hibs can hope to follow is to try ( and mostly fail ) to turn up undiscovered gems like McGinn and McGeouch and hopefully bring through a handful of its own youngsters supplemented by a few gnarled pros with a capacity to bring them along to a point where we put together a good team which will last for a season and a half and in that time hopefully win a cup or at least qualify for Europe a couple of times before the promising youngsters look for new challenges and more money and the gnarled old pros hand up their boots and the whole cycle begins again.

If you are a Hibs fan and you are not prepared to accept that reality I suggest you give it up now and go away and try to write the next Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, because none of them are based in reality either and you have a head start when it comes to writing science fiction or fantasy novels.

Cheers :aok:

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Suspended on full pay so an investigation can be carried out, it's a perfectly normal procedure when an allegation has been made and the investigating officer decides that keeping the alleged perpetrator(s) in the business may hinder the investigation or put the business at risk. I can't believe some people are questioning how they can be innocent of everything if they were suspended. :confused:

Maybe folk that haven't been involved in such a process on a regular basis don't quite understand it or just maybe some folk have to insist there is always something sinister in everything.

Regardless, they have gone and we move forward. Next.............................................. ...

H18S NX
30-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Bye Lennon,bye Parker,let's move on,we still have fitba to play.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-01-2019, 05:37 PM
We’ll miss Neil Lennon.

To get another manager in like that will be VERY difficult.

madhatter
30-01-2019, 05:38 PM

This whole thing stinks.

I never said any of that anywhere, certainly not in the post you quoted.

Did you not?

"So if you believe them then Lennon should still be in charge."

Implication that club captain and board may have lied to us or if they are telling the truth Lennon should still be in charge (board and club captain may be liars and Lennon is innocent is how that comes across). No margin for Gray or club protecting Lennon and the club's interests...

"If you don’t, then why are you siding with them and blaming Lennon?"

If we don't believe the board then why would we side with them over Lennon...I'm assuming by the way you pose this question, Lennon is innocent of blame again?

How you've worded both the statement and the question implies Lennon being wrongfully suspended/leaving by mutual consent and being blamed undully. All the while we either have liars as a club captain and Chief Exec or they shouldn't be sided with over Lennon for an unknown reason. We don't know what actually happened, I'll side with the club over any manager though. Club is who I support, not a manager.

I'm a Hibs fan, not a Lennon fan.

Famous Fiver
30-01-2019, 05:40 PM
The gossip mongers will continue to speculate.

The real world is that we need to appoint a new manager and it will be interesting to follow that story.

It will also be interesting to see where NL and GP move on to next and how quickly that transpires.

I don't think they are in the frame for Hamilton Accies, but I did hear an Everton fan on the radio yesterday encouraging their board to get rid of their manager and get Lennon in the door.

Funny old world.

emerald green
30-01-2019, 05:41 PM

But went about it the wrong way.

The Green Goblin
30-01-2019, 05:42 PM
Some people seem really dissapointed at the lack of juicy gossip

Maybe. Some others just want to know what happened. Nothing wrong with that.

scooby
30-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Where to begin with this.

The Hibs manager has full control of the footballing side with no interference from the board, with the only time they are likely to come into conflict being complaints of bullying or the budget for players.

It appears nobody will ever really know what prompted the board to take the course of action they have, it seems clear that both sides have come to an agreement that Hibs will keep their council regarding their reasons with Lennon and Parker doing the same regarding their version of events. As others have said, if an altercation with Leeann Dempster was a factor then her absence from the process makes total sense … how would it look if she was judge and jury in a situation where she was a protagonist?

But above all of that. I just cant believe yet again reading a post from a Hibs fan berating the club for 'selling players' …. what planet are they on? Even in the Famous 5 era and before that Hibs were a selling club, just the same as 99.9% of all the clubs in the world. It doesn't matter a rats arse how ambitious a club or its manager is, holding onto players and what players it can afford is dictated by agents, players power and the market it operates in and measured against that how much money the club can afford. If a Hibs manager spits the dummy because that concept is beyond him then he should never have taken the job in the first place.

Even with the best will in the world Hibs will never be able to afford to pay an average of more than £3000 a week, unless the SPFL manages to secure a TV deal miles and miles better than the one it currently has, or we are taken over by a zillionaire. …. We lost McGeouch, McGinn and Ambrose, who are the three players most applicable to this moan about Hibs selling players. Find out what wages McGeouch and McGinn are currently on and get back to me to justify why Hibs are to blame for them leaving. Find out what Ambrose was on at Celtic compared to Hibs and let me know why he wasn't prepared to stick with a club he only signed for due to reasons other than money, reasons which are now no longer a factor.

The other factor the Unicorn chasers continually ignore is that it doesn't matter a toss how much Hibs could afford to spend on a transfer fee in an attempt to find a ready made replacement for an Ambrose, McGinn or McGeouch. Even if we could afford half a million quid what sort of wage is a half million quid player prepared to play for …. £156,000 a year, I don't bloody think so ….. not with a hundred other clubs out there willing and able to pay more.

This is the club you support ….. its inability to retain players or bring in like for like replacements for the ones it loses has nothing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with a lack of ambition and everything to do with the circumstances it has to operate in, circumstances it can do nothing about. There is no capacity to borrow money, there is no person within the club able or willing to throw their own money at a near certainly doomed to failure strategy of signing players for half a million quid and paying them 7 to 10 grand a week in the hope that they will work out.

Lack of ambition my arse. The only strategy a club like Hibs can hope to follow is to try ( and mostly fail ) to turn up undiscovered gems like McGinn and McGeouch and hopefully bring through a handful of its own youngsters supplemented by a few gnarled pros with a capacity to bring them along to a point where we put together a good team which will last for a season and a half and in that time hopefully win a cup or at least qualify for Europe a couple of times before the promising youngsters look for new challenges and more money and the gnarled old pros hand up their boots and the whole cycle begins again.

If you are a Hibs fan and you are not prepared to accept that reality I suggest you give it up now and go away and try to write the next Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, because none of them are based in reality either and you have a head start when it comes to writing science fiction or fantasy novels.

Cheers :aok:

This is where I'm at, just couldn't be arsed typing it.

The Harp Awakes
30-01-2019, 05:45 PM
We’ll miss Neil Lennon.

That's it in a nutshell for me. Opportunity for Hibs lost, regardless of who is to blame for the act of self-destruction; Lenny or the Board.

I suspect the next Manager will be someone less inclined to give the Board and the players grief. We better get used to going to places like Ibrox and Parkheid and shutting up shop and trying to scrape a draw.

madhatter
30-01-2019, 05:47 PM
I am totally shocked at what the statement says. I expected a far more bland version of a mutual consent but this reads like a CV for Lennon which makes me question the whole thing. If this was about our results, where we are going and all the usual ‘mutual consent’ stuff when you part company witha manager then fine. But he is being praised like he has left to a bigger job! I think it’s egg on our face and LD could end up leaving because she feels the same or feels she hasn’t been backed.

I actually think this has been something that has gradually grown. Leeann was more proactive, a face we'd regularly see when Stubbs was in-charge. I may be wrong but the longer we went into Lennon's reign, the more elusive she became. Leeann used to sit near the dugouts did she not? She used to be pictured with Stubbs a lot. Walking out of the training centre, sitting near him and generally having a smile on her face. I don't remember seeing as much of this. Her time may be coming to an end as well or perhaps there was more going on behind the scenes and it was taking it's toll on her.

Taking a wild guess, Hibs likely saved a decent amount of cash by agreeing to the phrasing of that statement. I'd hope Lennon did that in the best interest of the fans as well - save our club some money and left with his head held high rather than what could have happened. That statement will have been the difference between mutual consent and a dismissal.

Chorley Hibee
30-01-2019, 05:48 PM
That's it in a nutshell for me. Opportunity for Hibs lost, regardless of who is to blame for the act of self-destruction; Lenny or the Board.

I suspect the next Manager will be someone less inclined to give the Board and the players grief. We better get used to going to places like Ibrox and Parkheid and shutting up shop and trying to scrape a draw.

My feelings too.

Deeds
30-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Bit gutted today, I hope we get someone who fights our corner as much as he did

Iain G
30-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Or it's a new opportunity for Hibs gained?

Captain Trips
30-01-2019, 05:53 PM

To get another manager in like that will be VERY difficult.

To have us 8th after 22 games? Im sure we will find somebody.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2019, 05:54 PM
To get us into Europe and record points total? Why just focus on the negatives?

Captain Trips
30-01-2019, 05:54 PM

Quite a leap to suggest next manager will do any of that.

madhatter
30-01-2019, 05:55 PM

Eh? Did we go to Ibrox under Stubbs looking to shut up shop and scrape a draw? I might have lost my mind but did we not beat Rangers a good amount under Stubbs? We played open expansive football under Mowbray, did we not? People are hurting but this suggestion that we are almost guaranteed to get a manager that is the John Balliol of football management is just ridiculous.

We've had good managers before and we'll have good managers again.

Captain Trips
30-01-2019, 05:57 PM

This is how it stands now not last season. Why would I foucus on stuff irrelevant to this term it doesnt matter. Just like a striker scoring 30 goals last season then 5 the next. Just focus on all last seasons goals?

I like NL but IMO he lost his touch this season and thats what counts.

If Stubbs had stayed in charge after we won cup for the next season and we failed to be promoted how would you have felt with Stubbs with that? Its alright as we won cup? NL has us in 8th with a good spend its not good enough regardless of 2 previous seasons. I would have been happy for him to get chance to get us out of it but equally I am not arsed he has left.

madhatter
30-01-2019, 05:59 PM

Because many avid Lennon backers think the club are going to employ a far inferior manager who parks the bus and will have us playing hoofball? Lennon leaves with my thanks and certainly did very well, that won't be forgotten. I just hate, what I assume are grown men, having extreme levels of adulation for a man. Levels which make them think "we'll never have someone better", that's how I reacted to breaking up with my first girlfriend...

Be upset, miss the guy by all means, but don't go about saying club are going to implode and be rudderless without him. That seems to be the vibe I'm getting from a portion of fans on here and elsewhere...

Lago
30-01-2019, 06:02 PM
What are you talking about??

The truth is that Lennon underperformed this season. Did he deserve us?

Lennon initially signed a two year contract. If he hadn’t extended it, he’d have left last summer. Maybe his initial instinct was right? Maybe all the undesirable rubbish that comes with him working in Scotland was too much?

It’s over and we all need to move on.
I'll watch with interest your response to our next appointmen as your never slow to criticize.

flash
30-01-2019, 06:02 PM

Can't remember us doing that much under Stubbs either.

Chip shop Joe
30-01-2019, 06:04 PM
I’m quite happy with this to be honest.

What is done is done and I don’t see any benefit to the club to drag things out and make it any worse than it is.

Now let us crack on with the signings of Mcnulty and Allan!

Stonewall
30-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Just had a look at the Hibs Supporters Group Facebook Page. What a very scary place that is.

happiehibbie
30-01-2019, 06:16 PM
As Ronan Keating says “ you say it best, when you say nothing at all “

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Just had a look at the Hibs Supporters Group Facebook Page. What a very scary place that is.

A fair few ( by no means all ) of the folk who inhabit the Hibs Facebook groups give me the distinct impression that Hibs would be a failure to them if in the next 10 seasons we failed to gain a hat trick of Champions league wins.

Supplemented by a smaller minority who cant hide their disappointment that Hibs don't have a picture of James Connolly above the front door, are referred to as the east coast Bhoys by the media and don't have a full page article in every matchday programme demanding Irish reunification.

Stonewall
30-01-2019, 06:19 PM

a very wise man.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2019, 06:30 PM

Look. I thought Lennon did a decent job, but they way some folk are going on you would think there were signs that we were on the cusp of some sort of Hibby nirvana where we would sweep all before us. There is no evidence to suggest that was the case, in fact if you wanted to be brutal about it you could say that the first time Neil Lennon was put on the spot he didn't show a great deal of ability to drag his players up to the required level and when he didn't get the response he wanted his only answer was to throw tantrums, both in the dressing room and more pertinently in public.

There is also no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the future direction of our approach to games under a new manager will be what you have suggested. Was it not the stated aim of the club at the start of the Dempster era ( if that's what you want to call it ) that any manager would be required to fit into a club ethos of attacking football, whatever they were both Stubbs and Lennon fitted that mould and there's no reason to suggest any new appointment will not have to have the same outlook.

weecounty hibby
30-01-2019, 06:31 PM
Suspended on full pay so an investigation can be carried out, it's a perfectly normal procedure when an allegation has been made and the investigating officer decides that keeping the alleged perpetrator(s) in the business may hinder the investigation or put the business at risk. I can't believe some people are questioning how they can be innocent of everything if they were suspended. :confused:

Maybe folk that haven't been involved in such a process on a regular basis don't quite understand it or just maybe some folk have to insist there is always something sinister in everything.

Regardless, they have gone and we move forward. Next.............................................. ...
Sadly, as an Evertonian as well as a.Hibby, I find myself agreeing with pretty much everything you have said on this subject😮. There are a lot of people who have clearly never been involved in disciplinaries, suspensions or dismissals and have no idea how things actually work. Some fantasists seem to be demanding to know the very confidential and personal details of something they have no right to know about. They likely have been in work places before where people have been suspended or even dismisses and didn't even know it had happened. Anyway as I've said many times now, thanks to Neil and Garry but we move on. Hopefully we will get someone else in who wants to take us forward the way he seemed to

wookie70
30-01-2019, 06:35 PM

I hope Lennon's replacement has the balls to go for a victory at Tiny rather than Lennon's dismal attempts at copying Hearts style. I also hope a replacement, after buying 3 or 4 players, can get us above 8th in the league where he left us. I suspect the vast majority of managers are more respectful to opponents and officials so the likelihood is they will also be more respectful to those in the club too and give them less grief. Never realised giving people grief is seen as a quality by some!

Lennon has lost an opportunity if any of the rumours are to be believed. We will never know what he has done but he is a manger leaving a football club without results being the reason. The club has let no-one down and as usual has dealt with this in a professional and dignified manner.

Lots of managers looking for a gig and given the last few months anyone that can write 11 names on a piece of paper is capable of doing as well as Lennon. I suspect we will see a marked improvement in form, less injuries and a few more wins. We might even see some football getting played instead of the awful hoofball we have been forced to watch most of the season.

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Big Lennon fan?? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Do you think the next manager will also will also secure a record points total in the top league like he did ?

Scotty Leither
30-01-2019, 06:46 PM
As news management goes, it's about as bland as it comes, but I suspect NL will never talk publicly about Hibs in the future, such will be that particular copper-bottomed confidentiality aspect of the "agreement".

I'm enthused though that the season-ticket sales are as high as they've been since 1958, as it gives us bedwetters a chance to question our leader Mr Petrie on why despite that landmark, here we are once again on the cusp of the window closing with a dwindling squad, and desperately waiting on one or two deals to conclude by our currently managerless club, and am fully expecting a "our business is concluded" statement any time soon, and the sound of a creaking drawbridge being pulled up.

If anybody thinks this has been "managed well" by the club i'd hate to see it being poorly managed.

The Modfather
30-01-2019, 06:50 PM

Do you think the next manager will also will also secure a record points total in the top league like he did ?

What if the next manager gets less than the record points total but finishes fourth or higher? Lennon did well at Hibs but semi finals and 4th place are realistic ambitions for any Hibs manager. Some will achieve that, some won’t and others will exceed that.

flash
30-01-2019, 06:50 PM

I joined that page and soon unjoined it again.

matty_f
30-01-2019, 06:58 PM
As news management goes, it's about as bland as it comes, but I suspect NL will never talk publicly about Hibs in the future, such will be that particular copper-bottomed confidentiality aspect of the "agreement".

I'm enthused though that the season-ticket sales are as high as they've been since 1958, as it gives us bedwetters a chance to question our leader Mr Petrie on why despite that landmark, here we are once again on the cusp of the window closing with a dwindling squad, and desperately waiting on one or two deals to conclude by our currently managerless club, and am fully expecting a "our business is concluded" statement any time soon, and the sound of a creaking drawbridge being pulled up.

If anybody thinks this has been "managed well" by the club i'd hate to see it being poorly managed.

I haven't seen a single post saying it's been managed well yet.

BSEJVT
30-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Just as you are assuming the worst

Its the default position for many on here

They must enjoy the self loathing and self flagellation

The die is cast and its time to move on. there is no going back.

The muck raking demanded by many will achieve nothing good and will further derail us and would I suggest lead to their hero being tarnished and the board vindicated

Best for all concerned to let sleeping dogs lie

All that matters is Hibs

Jim Herriot
30-01-2019, 07:02 PM

BegbieHSC
30-01-2019, 07:03 PM
I see Danny Swanson is calling bull...21635

southern hibby
30-01-2019, 07:05 PM
Sorry, my bad - I didn't realise hiding information from Hector was taking advantage of a loop hole :faf:

If you lived in the States you would vote for Trump wouldn't you?

Why do you need to live in the states to vote for him, the Russians voted for him from Moscow.........

GGTTH

Hi Heid Yin
30-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Thank you Neil Lennon and Garry Parker for giving me two of the most satisfying and exciting years I have ever experienced at Easter Road.

You took me on a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, but mostly ups.

The 2nd half of last season was without question up there with the best football I have seen at ER since The Tornadoes.

I wish you both every success in the next stage of your careers.

You will always be welcomed back to ER by this Hibby.

Hi Heid Yin
30-01-2019, 07:11 PM
We’ll miss Neil Lennon.

jakedance
30-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Mixed feelings on this. Lennon gave us two great seasons and had a great will to succeed. But this season has been dire. I wasn’t calling for him to leave but trying to feel positive that Dempster can find another good manager. I couldn’t care less what the club’s statement says.

Fergos
30-01-2019, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;5688455]Eh? Did we go to Ibrox under Stubbs looking to shut up shop and scrape a draw? I might have lost my mind but did we not beat Rangers a good amount under Stubbs? We played open expansive football under Mowbray, did we not? People are hurting but this suggestion that we are almost guaranteed to get a manager that is the John Balliol of football management is just ridiculous.

We've had good managers before and we'll have good managers again. QUOTE]

Well said, the club won’t roll over now just because we lost a manager. We are all hurting a bit no matter what viewpoint you have of the whole affair, NL was widely liked and he gave us some great times.

However, Hibernian is our first concern and what brings all here together - that’s what atters most.

GGTTH.

wookie70
30-01-2019, 07:25 PM

No idea I hope so, they should certainly be up challenging for 4th with a similar amount of money that he got. That team was one of those teams that don't come round too often. Lennon did well with them in the second half of the season and those twenty odd games were top viewing. He did stumble on to the formation after SDG got injured of course. Unfortunately, that style of play and run of form wasn't on display for the majority of his tenure after an average first season winning the Championship and an awful 20 odd games this year. An average manager who went on a decent run with someone else's team would be my summing up of his Hibs career. I realise that is a bit but it is to balance the huge love in for him despite poor behaviour, some eye bleeding football and an appalling season this year culminating in an issue that was big enough to get him suspended.

Onion
30-01-2019, 07:26 PM

This is no more than public posturing by Hiba and Lennon, to help both save face in a difficult circumstances - probably part of the negotiated deal. Folk like Chris Sutton spouting off about how poorly Hibs handled this is laughable, given it's clear the few know what the truth of the matter is and the " statement" is obviously puffery.

The interesting bit would be if any future employer of Lennon was to come for a reference from Hibs. They are legally bound to tell the truth about his tenure and departure.

Wakeyhibee
30-01-2019, 07:29 PM
As said before unless you want a long saga through the courts and drawn out in the media, then this is probably the best outcome in the circumstances (and like nearly everybody I don't know what they were but obviously enough to cause this). The statement is irrelevant other to confirm the status that they were leaving and was never gonna go further given the amicable agreement.

I'll be honest I wont miss the club being in the spotlight for the wrong reasons and hopefully I wont miss the steel Hibs have shown on many occasions especially trips to Glasgow.

Thank you Lenny for this, the last 2 seasons, some great football, a longer stay in Europe in my living memory and putting some fight back in Hibs. Loved the "have a go" attitude :thumbsup:, I hope your successor has these qualities also.

I wish it was different but it isn't so we all move on. All the best NL & GP for the future.

Onion
30-01-2019, 07:33 PM
Mixed feelings on this. Lennon gave us two great seasons and had a great will to succeed. But this season has been dire. I wasn’t calling for him to leave but trying to feel positive that Dempster can find another good manager. I couldn’t care less what the club’s statement says.

We should all feel positive about Lennon. He was a revelation compared to most of the garbage we've had managing our team. You can criticise and feel bad about managers who don't give a toss, don't give 100% and/or don't have the best interests of our club at heart. None of that applies to Lennon. If anything he cared TOO much and didn't know how to handle that. Difficult to cast any blame or criticise him for that. He gave his all.

Only time will tell just how good he was.

Iain G
30-01-2019, 07:36 PM
This is no more than public posturing by Hiba and Lennon, to help both save face in a difficult circumstances - probably part of the negotiated deal. Folk like Chris Sutton spouting off about how poorly Hibs handled this is laughable, given it's clear the few know what the truth of the matter is and the " statement" is obviously puffery.

The interesting bit would be if any future employer of Lennon was to come for a reference from Hibs. They are legally bound to tell the truth about his tenure and departure.

Or they can refuse to supply a reference.

Fergos
30-01-2019, 07:38 PM
Or they can refuse to supply a reference.

The reference detail will be tied up in the settlement agreement.

Onwards and upwards for the Hibs and best of luck to NL and GP.

GGTTH

Lago
30-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Hibs as a club look a bit pathetic in all of this in my opinion.

Juice-Terry
30-01-2019, 07:57 PM

Total BS statement.

Sorry for not having read the whole thread, but maybe he was suspended to carry out an internal review of *suspected* wrong-doing, of which he was finally cleared?

Anyway, upward on onward. 'Mon the Hibs!

Heckys Wheel
30-01-2019, 08:11 PM

I agree. I’m looking at the reaction to that pitiful statement on twitter and I’m embarrassed of my club.

It has been handled very badly and has Dempster’s prints all over it.

Away from all of that, we NEED at least one striker. Really we need 2 plus a winger and a centre half.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 08:13 PM
I agree. I’m looking at the reaction to that pitiful statement on twitter and I’m embarrassed of my club.

Away from all of that, we NEED at least one striker. Really we need 2 plus a winger and a centre half.

It's been handled perfectly.

Unless you wanted Lennon humiliated in public and Hibs tangled up in a legal battle.

Heckys Wheel
30-01-2019, 08:14 PM

Unless you wanted Lennon humiliated in public and Hibs tangled up in a legal battle.

Its been handled perfectly????

matty_f
30-01-2019, 08:14 PM

I wouldn't say it was handled perfectly.

I'd say it was a bad situation that was almost impossible to handle well.

Col2
30-01-2019, 08:16 PM

Oh grow up. This is how the real world works. The mourning for ‘Lenny’ and the attack on our club is wearing thin now. The guy screwed up, by how much we don’t know but he screwed up. He also lost the dressing room. Both are clear even if the detail isn’t. We thank him for the good times but let’s not forgot the bad stuff.

Heckys Wheel
30-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Oh grow up. This is how the real world works. The mourning for ‘Lenny’ and the attack on our club is wearing thin now. The guy screwed up, by how much we don’t know but he screwed up. He also lost the dressing room. Both are clear even if the detail isn’t. We thank him for the good times but let’s not forgot the bad stuff.

Oh right, ok thanks for that 🙄

Tornadoes70

Additionally, the club took action when required and spun the other way could easily be said to appear strong when rapidly containing the situation.

Lenny had also lost the plot so to speak in his team selections and tactics of which many on here have commented upon.

Time to move on.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Hibbyradge
Its been handled perfectly????

Under the circumstances, I can't think of any other way it could have been dealt with.

I keep repeating this, but Lennon's suspension was lifted as part of the mutual separation agreement.

He gets to leave without disciplinary action and we get to move forward, probably with little or no pay out.

Lago
30-01-2019, 08:21 PM

No it's not, the initial suspension, that's now not a suspension, was leaked & then confirmed by the club to allow an investigation, that's now not an investigation, to take place, to then be told they are leaving by mutual consent along with much back slapping & mutual respect & good wishes from & to all and sundry.
Joke, embarrassing joke.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 08:25 PM
No it's not, the initial suspension, that's now not a suspension, was leaked & then confirmed by the club to allow an investigation, that's now not an investigation, to take place, to then be told they are leaving by mutual consent along with much back slapping & mutual respect & good wishes from & to all and sundry.
Joke, embarrassing joke.

I didn't think the club made any statements about the events until this one today.

The fact that it got leaked wasn't Hibs fault and the speculation was that it was NL who told his friends in the press.

I'm happy with the way Hibs have conducted themselves throughout. I don't feel the same way towards Neil Lennon.

Turkish Green
30-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Under the circumstances, I can't think of any other way it could have been dealt with.

I keep repeating this, but Lennon's suspension was lifted as part of the mutual separation agreement.

He gets to leave without disciplinary action and we get to move forward, probably with little or no pay out.
It was always going to be thus. Never going to be a Butcher style maternity leave.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Tornadoes70
30-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Joke, embarrassing joke.

The other side of the coin is that a situation arose that required prompt action. The club has dealt with it internally as was their right to do so.
Its been resolved amicably it appears.

We move on its a pity some seem not to be able to.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

jacomo
30-01-2019, 08:34 PM

Nope. An employer is legally bound to provide a reference that is truthful. There is absolutely no need to go into chapter and verse. Simply state period of employment and position, and that’s it.

ozwoody
30-01-2019, 08:34 PM
It could be just me, but reading between the lines hibs looked like they have offered Neil 3 options:

1) Go through a disciplinary process, get sacked and reasons divulged
2) Full payout but agree to reasons of departure

or

3) Partial payout and no one takes blame.

looking from outside it seems that Neil would have taken option 3 with the caveat that it was stated the suspension has been lifted.

its all conjecture of course as we will never know (until leaks go to favourite journos)

Lee Marvin
30-01-2019, 08:37 PM
I didn't think the club made any statements about the events until this one today.

The fact that it got leaked wasn't Hibs fault and the speculation was that it was NL who told his friends in the press.

I'm happy with the way Hibs have conducted themselves throughout. I don't feel the same way towards Neil Lennon.

Spot on.

The level and frequency of mindless negatively towards the board on this is absolutely staggering.

weecounty hibby
30-01-2019, 08:38 PM
Nope. An employer is legally bound to provide a reference that is truthful. There is absolutely no need to go into chapter and verse. Simply state period of employment and position, and that’s it.

That is correct. All my company will ever give as a reference is " yes, we can confirm that Joe Blogger was employed by us from X to y" no other information is given

Lago
30-01-2019, 08:39 PM

We're obviously not going to agree so just have to disagree. :agree:

Tornadoes70
30-01-2019, 08:41 PM

:aok:

Very diplomatic.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 08:53 PM

Maybe we will have differing ideas about what Hibs should/could have done, but surely we can agree the facts that we know.

Rumours hit the internet that Lennon had been sacked. Various misdemeanors were suggested.

It was then reported that he'd only been suspended.

Hibs studiously avoided saying anything about the matter, but confirmed that Eddie May would take the team at Paisley.

Nothing else came out of ER until the official statement today.

We know that NL continued to be suspended until the agreement to mutually separate was agreed.

Those are all facts. Interpret them as you will.

DarlingtonHibee
30-01-2019, 09:01 PM

What a load of rubbish.

Club bigger than individual

And I was a lennon fan.

Zazu62
30-01-2019, 09:04 PM

What should have we done?

Lago
30-01-2019, 09:05 PM
What a load of rubbish.

Club bigger than individual

And I was a lennon fan.
And what changed your mind ?

RedHibby
30-01-2019, 09:07 PM
The statement from the club is embarrassing.

DarlingtonHibee
30-01-2019, 09:09 PM
And what changed your mind ?

Nothing thought Neil was a great guy.

There has been an incedent and the club has gone through a process.

Been coming for a few weeks.

DarlingtonHibee
30-01-2019, 09:11 PM

Why is it embarrassing?

Iain G
30-01-2019, 09:11 PM

Changed my mind, you aren't Dave King, you are clearly Paul Kane with all the mind numbing negativity and criticism of Hibs you are spouting...

Islington Hibs
30-01-2019, 09:12 PM

Why do you think that? It is a legal statement drawn up by both parties. Better that than a blow by blow account and acromony. There will almost certainly be non-disclosure clauses which in my view works to both parties benefit.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2019, 09:13 PM

Far from perfectly but hey after the suspension it could never end well. NL comes out of this very well Hibs less so.

Iain G
30-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Far from perfectly but hey after the suspension it could never end well. NL comes out of this very well Hibs less so.

I still don't see this, Hibs have acted very professionally and very decisively and been pragmatic about this whole thing

CathroMustStay
30-01-2019, 09:15 PM
We’ll miss Neil Lennon.

:nlgwa

Lago
30-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Nothing thought Neil was a great guy.

There has been an incedent and the club has gone through a process.

Been coming for a few weeks.
How do you know it's been coming, not seen that mentioned previously.

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 09:17 PM
We’ll miss Neil Lennon.

I agree with this [emoji106] Quality manager

Still we move on... let’s hope we get a good one in

Lago
30-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Changed my mind, you aren't Dave King, you are clearly Paul Kane with all the mind numbing negativity and criticism of Hibs you are spouting...
Sorry Stewey wrong on both counts:greengrin

RedHibby
30-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Why is it embarrassing? Neil got suspended but he did not do anything wrong. If he done nothing wrong why was he suspended in the first place. Why have they mutually agreed to part company given that the statement said he done nothing wrong. Embarrassing.

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Neil got suspended but he did not do anything wrong. If he done nothing wrong why was he suspended in the first place. Why have they mutually agreed to part company given that the statement said he done nothing wrong. Embarrassing.

You do realise it’s just an agreed respectful form of words to draw a line under the matter and let everyone walk away with dignity intact?

DarlingtonHibee
30-01-2019, 09:23 PM
How do you know it's been coming, not seen that mentioned previously.

He's been having a big go at the players, especially Flo for weeks in public.

I'm sad it's come to this, but the club is bigger than any individual.

ozwoody
30-01-2019, 09:24 PM
I think people are overlooking the fact that the statement put out will have been agreed by both parties and their legal representatives.
I'm not really sure what more could have been said in it if both parties wanted to have a clean break and I'm sure that statement bounced back and forward between lawyers to make sure an agreed wording was released

Captain Trips
30-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Neil got suspended but he did not do anything wrong. If he done nothing wrong why was he suspended in the first place. Why have they mutually agreed to part company given that the statement said he done nothing wrong. Embarrassing.

Who are you embarrassed for yourself? The club? Who gives a toss about what others think. The only thing even remotely embarrassing is the us being 7th.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2019, 09:25 PM
I still don't see this, Hibs have acted very professionally and very decisively and been pragmatic about this whole thing

Just have to disagree, it appears to me the statement suggests Hibs suspended NL took no further action, failed to conduct any investigation, then have issued an apology whilst agreeing to a pay off. Now that may be very far from the truth but Hibs do not look professional in anyway other than they are keeping stoom.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 09:26 PM

Do you really not understand why that statement is worded as it is?

Do you think it's an accurate portrayal of the events?

matty_f
30-01-2019, 09:26 PM

This should not be hard to understand, yet somehow...

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Just have to disagree, it appears to me the statement suggests Hibs suspended NL took no further action, failed to conduct any investigation, then have issued an apology whilst agreeing to a pay off. Now that may be very far from the truth but Hibs do not look professional in anyway other than they are keeping stoom.

There is no mention of a pay off and I doubt there will have been any significant payment made to NL, if any at all.

The suspension was only lifted when the agreement was reached. That tells me that Hibs were holding the aces, but were happy to get it out of the way so they could concentrate on moving forward.

DarlingtonHibee
30-01-2019, 09:31 PM

How do you know he did nothing wrong?

Best outcome for both parties.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2019, 09:31 PM

The statement is heavily loaded in favour of NL I am not sure he could have written an "agreed" statement better himself.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2019, 09:33 PM
There is no mention of a pay off and I doubt there will have been any significant payment made to NL, if any at all.

The suspension was only lifted when the agreement was reached. That tells me that Hibs were holding the aces, but were happy to get it out of the way so they could concentrate on moving forward.

I guess we may never know with regards to a pay off but his media friends on BBC quoted 70% of his salary.

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2019, 09:34 PM

There was an allegation of wrong doing. Parting company allows us to drop the investigatuon and for Lennon to leave with a clean slate.

Captain Trips
30-01-2019, 09:34 PM

Agreed. Something clearly happened and I really do not care other than he is gone. I'm not worried about the statement one bit.

DetroitHibs
30-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Funny how anyone dare question Dempster and our board, they are literally attacked for it. I believe Neil wanted more funds for players and was turned down, then it just spiraled from there. Looking more and more likely as the transfer window is coming to an end.

Jdawg
30-01-2019, 09:36 PM
I agree with this [emoji106] Quality manager

Still we move on... let’s hope we get a good one in

Sitting 7th and 5 points behind 6th place? Appalling, injuries or not. He’s made a lot of very poor signings and used some bizarre formation with players out of position.

Notwithstanding the above, I’m at a loss as to who we bring in as manager.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 09:36 PM
The statement is heavily loaded in favour of NL I am not sure he could have written an "agreed" statement better himself.

Hibs had no need not desire to throw Lennon under a bus. He'd been good for the club overall and if that's what it took for a cost efficient and speedy departure, then it's a no brainer.

Do you think future potential employers are not going to take the statement with a pinch of salt?

Rumours abound and they'll be very hard to quash in the football community.

Hibs have done fine.

Jdawg
30-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Hibs had no need not desire to throw Lennon under a bus. He'd been good for the club overall and if that's what it took for a cost efficient and speedy departure, then it's a no brainer.

Do you think future potential employers are not going to take the statement with a pinch of salt?

Hibs have done fine.

Correct! Settlement agreements are confidential. The joint statement will have been agreed between their lawyers with the aim for both parties to move on with minimal fuss.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2019, 09:40 PM

Hibs have done fine.

I might agree the club have done fine not perfect however if I was the club holding all the Aces the statement would not have thrown him under a bus but it would not have sounded like an apology either.

DarlingtonHibee
30-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Funny how anyone dare question Dempster and our board, they are literally attacked for it. I believe Neil wanted more funds for players and was turned down, then it just spiraled from there. Looking more and more likely as the transfer window is coming to an end.

We work within a budget and Neil knew that.

He's said on many occasions that he has been backed by the club.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 09:43 PM

I don't see anyone being attacked. People may disagree with each other, but it seems pretty civil to me.

Lennon very recently said that Hibs were in the fortunate position of being able to offer higher salaries to attract quality players. At no point did he even hint that he wasn't being fully backed.

davhibby
30-01-2019, 09:44 PM
The problem is that people are going to read the statement the way they want it to sound. The fact that the majority of the media are taking the view that this is hibs saying nothing happened and making out like Lennon is an angel won't help. This was the best outcome for everyone rather than having the second half of the season ruined by this all playing out in the background for weeks and weeks

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 09:46 PM
I might agree the club have done fine not perfect however if I was the club holding all the Aces the statement would not have thrown him under a bus but it would not have sounded like an apology either.

It was no apology. It was a mutual love in.

"Neil and Garry would like to thank the club for having faith in them when they were appointed in 2016 and for their support over two and a half years. They would like to thank their players for their hard work and dedication and finally, the fans for their loyalty and support over their tenure."

Sammy7nil
30-01-2019, 09:49 PM
It was no apology. It was a mutual love in.

"Neil and Garry would like to thank the club for having faith in them when they were appointed in 2016 and for their support over two and a half years. They would like to thank their players for their hard work and dedication and finally, the fans for their loyalty and support over their tenure."

ha ha we could both spin it however we want but I think most will agree it is loaded in NL's favour.

DetroitHibs
30-01-2019, 09:53 PM
We work within a budget and Neil knew that.

He's said on many occasions that he has been backed by the club.

The last few interviews he stated he needed at least one forward, and hoped to have 2-3 bodies to Dubai with him. Going in to the St Mirren game he still didn't have what he felt necessary to compete.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 09:56 PM
ha ha we could both spin it however we want but I think most will agree it is loaded in NL's favour.

Neil Lennon thanking the players for their hard work must tell you something about the reasons for that statement. :wink:

DarlingtonHibee
30-01-2019, 09:57 PM
The last few interviews he stated he needed at least one forward, and hoped to have 2-3 bodies to Dubai with him. Going in to the St Mirren game he still didn't have what he felt necessary to compete.

We work within a budget, plenty of teams looking at the same players.

Re the St Mirren game didn't we win?