PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see between now and May?

we are hibs
30-01-2019, 07:48 AM
What's everyone's hopes and expectations then? I would personally be happy with seeing us get back to playing good football and more of an attacking threat. I dont know whether we are strong enough to make top 6 but if we give it a good go and a decent cup run I would be satisfied enough considering the season we have had so far. Hearts are currently 7 clear of us; Maybe catching them should be a target?

I ask the question because I've seen people say we should just write off this season already and prepare for next season. I wouldn't do that as I think we still have a realistic chance of top 6 and a good cup run but if we were going to do that surely the caretaker route would be a better solution? The last thing we want is a new manager coming in on a 2 year deal and our form not picking up much.

Jones28
30-01-2019, 07:54 AM
Top six at this point in time which, going by Sunday's performance, is a couple of months of ship-steadying away. We've got a league one team in the cup and it should be a formality that we get to the quarters.

Realistically top six and a cup run. The only way I'd want to see a manager in a caretaker capacity would be with a view to taking the job permanently.

04Sauzee
30-01-2019, 07:55 AM
2 forwards a winger a CH and Scott Allan

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 07:57 AM
What's everyone's hopes and expectations then? I would personally be happy with seeing us get back to playing good football and more of an attacking threat. I dont know whether we are strong enough to make top 6 but if we give it a good go and a decent cup run I would be satisfied enough considering the season we have had so far. Hearts are currently 7 clear of us; Maybe catching them should be a target?

I ask the question because I've seen people say we should just write off this season already and prepare for next season. I wouldn't do that as I think we still have a realistic chance of top 6 and a good cup run but if we were going to do that surely the caretaker route would be a better solution? The last thing we want is a new manager coming in on a 2 year deal and our form not picking up much.

just the Scottish Cup and a top 6 finish - nothing too demanding :wink:

B.H.F.C
30-01-2019, 08:00 AM

We shouldn’t be writing anything off but I don’t have great expectations.

I’m not sure we’ll make top six but if we’re going to close the gap the next month of so will be important. St Johnstone have a really tough run of fixtures playing Celtic twice, The Rangers and Aberdeen in their next five games before we play them.

Should get to the quarters of the Scottish minimum and hopefully we can get a decent draw.

January has obviously been a bit of a disaster for us, just hope we can get someone new in quickly.

DetroitHibs
30-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Realistically SC semi final, don't care about league position as long as it's not bottom two.

Paloschi
30-01-2019, 08:06 AM
Wins and loads of them. If we don't finish 5th or 6th them this season is a total failure

Diclonius
30-01-2019, 08:12 AM
At least sixth, a win against Hearts and cup SF.

calumhibee1
30-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Top 6 and a trip to Hampden I would consider a very good turnaround from where we are/were.

Golden Bear
30-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Survival in the SPL and a Scottish Cup semi final.

I'm a realist but certainly not a doomer and gloomer.

:greengrin

Famous Fiver
30-01-2019, 08:18 AM
Phew!

When I read the thread title I thought Theresa and her chums had invaded our club.

MacGruber
30-01-2019, 08:18 AM
2 forwards a winger a CH and Scott Allan

This plus a new manager

danhibees1875
30-01-2019, 08:20 AM
We should be beating Rovers, the SC objective then depends on who we play in the next round. Ideally we'd be getting to Hampden, but if we draw Celtic away then I'd accept that's unlikely to happen. A home draw against Achenlech Talbot would be my preference. :greengrin

We've enough time to get into the top 6 - 10 games to recover 5 points from St J's - so this should be the objective for the next 10 games.

EDIT: and a new manager at some point! Also within the next c.40 hours we could do with a CF or 2, probably a CB, and maybe a winger... but when I put it out like that it seems unikely.

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2019, 08:25 AM
Top six finish and Scottish Cup win

In reality a period of transition rebuilding for next season survival in the premiership and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the Scottish Cup. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 08:25 AM
Brexit.

G15 Hibs
30-01-2019, 08:51 AM
A couple of big days out would be nice. A trip to Hampden, maybe two. Getting back to feeling like we're favourites going into games, rather than wondering how things will go wrong. A push for top 6 that we can get behind to give us some interest. A win over Hearts.

The Modfather
30-01-2019, 08:56 AM
If we miss out on the top 6 I’d Like to see Fraser Murray given an extended run so we can get an indication if he’s ever likely to make it or not. He’s a bit of an enigma at the moment.

Any other youngsters, outwith Shaw, Mackie & Porteous, ready to make a breakthrough?

makaveli1875
30-01-2019, 09:01 AM
the league is over but we need to start winning games and get the confidence back , a good run in the cup is the best we can hope for

rab1875
30-01-2019, 09:03 AM
Win The Scottish Cup and R.E.M. to get back together

Smartie
30-01-2019, 09:04 AM
Top six.

To win all the cup ties we should reasonably expect to win (ie I'd cut Hibs a bit of slack if they lost at Parkhead earlier than the Hampden rounds).

To play some decent football, make sensible team selections.

Get a few individual runs of form from players that would give me some hope for next season.

If we appoint a new permanent manager, I'd like to see another couple of pre-contract signings.

hibbyfraelibby
30-01-2019, 09:05 AM
Scottish Cup and a top 4 finish

Pretty Boy
30-01-2019, 09:14 AM
The top 6 is far from a write off and no one at the club should be treating it as such. We are only 7 points behind 5th ffs and still have to play Hearts and St Johnstone at least once each. A cup run could turn a pretty forgettable season, on the park at any rate, into something a bit more memorable.

The whole defeatist, woe is us, nothing will ever be the same again attitude is wearing a bit thin now.

Seattle.Hibs
30-01-2019, 09:17 AM
Top 6 definitely should be our aim no matter who’s in charge. Also SC semi.

HibeeHibernian4
30-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Provided we aren't given a tough quarter final tie (Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen), I would say we absolutely must be getting to Hampden for the semi final at the very least.

allezsauzee
30-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Lennon reinstated

Speedway
30-01-2019, 09:50 AM
I want to see victories. Lots and lots of victories.

Big victories, scrappy victories, high scoring victories, annihilation victories.

Victories.

CorrieHibs
30-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Top 6, Scottish cup semi, and to beat hearts at Tynie. Not much

Wilson
30-01-2019, 09:53 AM

Big victories, scrappy victories, high scoring victories, annihilation victories.

Victories.

We might well see all of them - but I'm presuming you meant FOR us! :wink:

Green_one
30-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Simples

Top 6
Beat Raith
Decent new manager
Positive atmosphere with fans, so we do not bleed too many fans in 2019/20

Plus decent plans for summer signings

Pretty do-able really Plus we all need to step up and get behind our club. Same old game plan :cb

Speedway
30-01-2019, 10:03 AM
We might well see all of them - but I'm presuming you meant FOR us! :wink:

Yes, I'd prefer that to the alternative certainly.

HoboHarry
30-01-2019, 11:40 AM
A night with Emma Stone would be very nice.

Ronniekirk
30-01-2019, 11:58 AM
The top 6 is far from a write off and no one at the club should be treating it as such. We are only 7 points behind 5th ffs and still have to play Hearts and St Johnstone at least once each. A cup run could turn a pretty forgettable season, on the park at any rate, into something a bit more memorable.

The whole defeatist, woe is us, nothing will ever be the same again attitude is wearing a bit thin now.

I agree but as welcome as the win at Paisley was they are woeful The real test will be Aberdeen at home We have played them off the park at home this Seson and not won So will be interesting to see how we god given they are in decent form
Although not fussed about great football just now just three points with scrappy goal will do for now and no more injuries,that’s crucial just now

Wakeyhibee
30-01-2019, 12:07 PM

Victories.

"Reverand" :)

worcesterhibby
30-01-2019, 12:22 PM
6th place shouldn't be beyond us and it would be brilliant if we could overhaul hearts in the league..I would be happy with 6th, delighted with 5th given our current situation.

I would like to see us playing a settled team, with two up front and bring some exciting attacking play back to ER.

I would also like to see the engagement with fans return to how it was two years ago in the "Font of Knowledge" era, as has been raised by others on a different thread.

During Stubbs time in charge we seemed to have a core of key players that the fans loved and also loved the fans...we seem to have lost that (admittedly injuries have played a part in the constantly revolving squad) and I think it was a very important part of our success.

I would also like to see a contract extension for Sir David.

Jim44
30-01-2019, 12:22 PM
Assuming no more bodies through the door this window, i’ll be satisfied ( not happy ) to limp unscathed league-wise, with one or two more Cup successes, to the end of the season. I’ve got reservations about Eddie May in a caretaking role as he is clearly doesn’t want to do it but I hope we can get somebody decent to keep us on an even keel till May. During this time, LD and her team will have their work cut out to get us geared up for the new season with a permanent replacemant for Lennon.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2019, 12:26 PM
I agree but as welcome as the win at Paisley was they are woeful The real test will be Aberdeen at home We have played them off the park at home this Seson and not won So will be interesting to see how we god given they are in decent form
Although not fussed about great football just now just three points with scrappy goal will do for now and no more injuries,that’s crucial just now

I think our record under Lennon was 1 win in 12 v Aberdeen despite often matching them if not being better than them in a fair few games.

A win this weekend would be a pleasant surprise but if we can convert possession into shots on goal it's a possibility we can get a positive result.

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2019, 12:27 PM
A confident team playing good football and playing to our potential. Rest will take care of itself.

Greencore
30-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Phew!

When I read the thread title I thought Theresa and her chums had invaded our club.

They have.

greenlex
30-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Top 6 and a cup run.

hibby6270
30-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Survival in the SPL and a Scottish Cup semi final.

I'm a realist but certainly not a doomer and gloomer.

:greengrin

Top six minimum and a Hampden visit.
More importantly, majority on the forum to become ‘realists’. It’s the only way to keep sane being a Hibby. Trust me I’m a supporter of some 55 years.
Seen it. Done it. Got several tee shirts!!

percy veer
30-01-2019, 04:16 PM
February,March and april

Tambo
30-01-2019, 04:19 PM
The ball kept on the deck.

04Sauzee
30-01-2019, 04:21 PM
February,March and april

Made me laugh 😂

badabing67
30-01-2019, 05:29 PM
If we can beat Aberdeen on Saturday and i think we can, we will only be 8 pts behind them. They would still be in 4th position. But depending on who we get in to replace Lenny and if we can get another few signings in, surely 4th has to be a realistic target, with euro qualification. Most of the guys out with injuries will start to be available again, except for Boyler and possibly Porto, But I think it is possible. Other clubs will get hit with the injury problems we've had. If you look at it despite all the problems we have had. Were still unbeaten by Servco, we've beaten Celtic and Killie at home and IMHO I think we should have beaten Aberdeen at least twice this season. Sometimes its about the the luck you make. I think our luck is about to change. I don't know why but I think we will be starting next season in Euro.

Keith_M
30-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Manager
A new Manager with ambition, but that realises we don't have the kind of money that Celtc do. Somebody that has drive and determination, and knows how to get the best out of the players but also knows when to keep his gob shut.

Squad
A new striker that would be a complement to Flo and an early return for SA.

Results
I would be happy enough with a top six place, a reasonable cup run... and to win every remaining game against Hearts.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Turn losses into draws and draws into wins … that should give us a decent shot at the top 6, though Europe through a league place seems a bit of a long shot even at this stage. A visit to Hampden would be nice, but luck of the draw will probably dictate any chance of that.

Whatever happens it starts with binning the idea that Kamberi is a target man … he isn't, so FFS stop using him as if he is one. If we can get Scott Allan and another striker over the line before the window shuts our prospects of the above will improve quite a bit :aok:

Souter96Mac
30-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Top 6 is still achievable. If we can get past Raith, and get another favourable draw, it's a big ask but a cup run would be great.

EH26
30-01-2019, 06:13 PM
All the talk being about HIBS again

we are hibs
27-04-2019, 06:15 PM
Thought I would give this a bump. Interesting to see what people expected/hoped to see compared to what we have done. Currently sitting 5th, 3 clear of Hearts and 5 points with a game in hand on a potential european place. The biggest difference between then and now is the way we are more structured off the ball, playing with a consistent 11 and getting the ball down and playing rather than aimless punts.

I don't think many would've foreseen us doing as well as we have results wise. Shows how good a job hecky has done so far. Took over a group of talented players who lacked confidence and played them in their correct positions, backed them, reminded them how good they can be and we have seen the benefits. A very good man manager.

hibbydad
27-04-2019, 08:46 PM
Very very true we are Hibs