PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Dobbie

timewilltell
29-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Stephen Dobbie, scored 3 against Dundee tonight.

37 goals for the season now and his 5th hat-trick.

quite remarkable...

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2019, 09:14 PM
I wonder if it is because he is playing with no pressure whatsoever.

CmoantheHibs
29-01-2019, 09:27 PM
I wonder if it is because he is playing with no pressure whatsoever.

Whatever it is fair play to him. It's a remarkable achievement.

greenpaper55
The Dobmeister, bring him back.

CapitalGreen
90 goals in 113 games since returning to QOTS. Wish we’d gone for him instead of Holt when signing a veteran striker in 2016.

Nevi_SOL
29-01-2019, 09:49 PM
Should be in the Scotland squad

CraigHibee
29-01-2019, 09:50 PM
got to hand it to him he's some player

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Imagine if we didn't let him go all those years ago. Much better career than Riordan and O'Connor that's for sure.

Forza Fred
29-01-2019, 10:05 PM
Imagine if we didn't let him go all those years ago. Much better career than Riordan and O'Connor that's for sure.

Not widely known, but as a youngster on Rangers books, he played a season out on loan in Oz in what was then, the National Soccer League

Michael
29-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Best striker in the country right now? Don't think anyone else would hit those numbers at that level in that team.

shamo9
29-01-2019, 10:09 PM

He needed to leave to achieve what he did. By his own admission he was fat and unmotivated when he left. Tumbling down the leagues was the reality check he needed to apply himself.

IWasThere2016
29-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Great player .. if only he'd been fitter earlier in life

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2019, 11:01 PM
He needed to leave to achieve what he did. By his own admission he was fat and unmotivated when he left. Tumbling down the leagues was the reality check he needed to apply himself.

Hit the bottom of the pile at Dumbarton flittting in and out of the team before screwing the nut. A real credit to himself, the way he turned it around.

The 90+2
29-01-2019, 11:28 PM
Bobby said he was the most two footed skilful striker he had ever seen but liked a kebab. His goal in the penalty win against old hun was a peach right in front of our fans (same side Anderson saved mols penalty) what a hit. Sure he had a brilliant game against Partick away randomly too.

Hermit Crab
30-01-2019, 01:48 AM
The Dobmeister, bring him back.

No!

Should be in the Scotland squad

Absolutely not!

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 05:56 AM
No!

Absolutely not!

Dobbie, the current best goal scorer in Scotland, wouldn't be a good addition for this season?? That is hilarious

He isn't coming, won't move from where he is...but still makes me laugh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allant1981
30-01-2019, 05:59 AM
No!

Absolutely not!

Why wouldn't you take the best striker in the country for at least 6 months?

Zazu62
30-01-2019, 06:05 AM
Why wouldn't you take the best striker in the country for at least 6 months?

Player/Manager?

Hibeesmad
30-01-2019, 06:06 AM
Would take him 👍

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2019, 07:45 AM
That ship has sailed

Missed the boat 3-4 years ago when he was up for grabs

Seems to be settled in his life down in Dumfries

Well worth watching his Open Goal interview with Si Ferry on YouTube

The Leith Dutch
30-01-2019, 08:13 AM
No!
Absolutely not!

Dobbie, the current best goal scorer in Scotland, wouldn't be a good addition for this season?? That is hilarious
He isn't coming, won't move from where he is...but still makes me laugh
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This in a nutshell is my frustration with this place right now.

There's an interesting debate in here somewhere but the first poster hasn't taken any time to say why he wouldn't take him - is he worried about whether he can do it at a higher level? too old? worried about going back over old ground? concerned he wouldn't deliver at a club our size or in the current Hibs team? - and then the post in response then makes the point he's a good scorer but in a provocational way laughing at the OP.

The reasoned opinion is probably that it can't be a categorical Yes because of the level he's currently playing at and the freedom from expectation but it also shouldn't be a categorical No because ****** me that's a lot of goals he's scoring.

The posting approach above regularly results in about 50% of the content on threads being a few folk bickering and points scoring over each other rather than trying to present reasoned opinions.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but there are far too many "opinions" on here presented either with no back up or a massively over exaggerated way ("Imposter of a football player" etc...)

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 08:14 AM

There's an interesting debate in here somewhere but the first poster hasn't taken any time to say why he wouldn't take him - is he worried about whether he can do it at a higher level? too old? worried about going back over old ground? concerned he wouldn't deliver at a club our size or in the current Hibs team? - and then the post in response then makes the point he's a good scorer but in a provocational way laughing at the OP.

The reasoned opinion is probably that it can't be a categorical Yes because of the level he's currently playing at and the freedom from expectation but it also shouldn't be a categorical No because ****** me that's a lot of goals he's scoring.

The posting approach above regularly results in about 50% of the content on threads being a few folk bickering and points scoring over each other rather than trying to present reasoned opinions.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but there are far too many "opinions" on here presented either with no back up or a massively over exaggerated way ("Imposter of a football player" etc...)

you have my vote for new role of "Quality" Moderator on this site ! :wink::greengrin

easty
30-01-2019, 08:25 AM

Why would anyone have to back up what they're saying? This is an internet forum, not a dissertation.

seanoheimhin
30-01-2019, 08:29 AM
To be fair, people more ITK than myself have been calling for us to sign him for 2-3 years. In hindsight, that probably would have been a good move. Now though, we’ve probably missed the boat given the lack of any longevity he would have at his age

G15 Hibs
30-01-2019, 08:34 AM
Why would anyone have to back up what they're saying? This is an internet forum, not a dissertation.

Because it makes for a more interesting discussion. Reading 50 posts just saying 'yes' or 'no' is pretty ****ing dull.

easty
30-01-2019, 08:34 AM
Because it makes for a more interesting discussion. Reading 50 posts just saying 'yes' or 'no' is pretty ****ing dull.

Is not.

flash
30-01-2019, 08:36 AM
Simply magnificent season he is having. Just seems to get better every year.

The Modfather
30-01-2019, 08:37 AM
90 goals in 113 games since returning to QOTS. Wish we’d gone for him instead of Holt when signing a veteran striker in 2016.

Aye, but can Dobbie grapple with defenders near the half way line?

G15 Hibs
30-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Is not.

:top marks

Keith_M
30-01-2019, 08:45 AM
No!

Absolutely not!

Yeah, cos who'd want a prolific goalscorer in their side.

Perish the thought

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 08:47 AM

fair point - but often more interesting to hear why people think that way...

Renfrew_Hibby
30-01-2019, 10:08 AM
As just about the whole QOS squad is based in the Central belt, they train in Glasgow I believe.
Dobbie though lives in Lytham St.Annes just past Blackpool, so he only travels up for matches and just trains by himself.
Quite remarkable. Hoping he hits 50+ for the season.

overdrive
30-01-2019, 10:18 AM
Aye, but can Dobbie grapple with defenders near the half way line?

We were inadvertently training him up for his new career as a professional wrestler. I wonder if the wrestling promotion he’s with sent scouts to our games to watch him :faf: