PDA

View Full Version : Comic Collection

ano hibby
29-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Does anyone pay attention to the value of comics?

Reckon i probably have 400-500 Roy of the Rovers comics from 1979 to 1991 (not all consecutive but quite a number are).

Also have some Shoot magazines from mainly 82/83, about 80 of them.

Tiger & Eagle roughly 400 from 1979 to 1988, as above not all consecutive bit quite a number will be.

I've had a quick look on eBay but as i've not really been tracking them properly its difficult to tell their proper value.

(Its a wee bit alarming i thought i stopped buying Roy of the Rovers in my teens but it turns out got them right up until i was 21:hide::greengrin

Any help appreciated,
Cheers

as an aside any half sensible bids entertained :greengrin

Iggy Pope
02-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Does anyone pay attention to the value of comics?

Reckon i probably have 400-500 Roy of the Rovers comics from 1979 to 1991 (not all consecutive but quite a number are).

Also have some Shoot magazines from mainly 82/83, about 80 of them.

Tiger & Eagle roughly 400 from 1979 to 1988, as above not all consecutive bit quite a number will be.

I've had a quick look on eBay but as i've not really been tracking them properly its difficult to tell their proper value.

(Its a wee bit alarming i thought i stopped buying Roy of the Rovers in my teens but it turns out got them right up until i was 21:hide::greengrin

Any help appreciated,
Cheers

as an aside any half sensible bids entertained :greengrin

You see the odd early 70s Scorcher & Score going usually based on the cover team / player feature. I have a nice Joe Baker issue. Not big values though.

I reckon folks are carefully cutting up their old Shoot! and Goal! Issues and selling the cuttings or photos individually. There are millions of single pages on eBay.

Danderhall Hibs
03-02-2019, 11:01 PM
Would an almost consecutive collection of Broons and Oor Wullie books going back to the mid-80s be worth anything? I’m missing a year or 2 (I think).

ano hibby
04-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Thanks Iggy.
Don’t think I have the strength to sell pages individually but will get them down from the attic & remind myself what’s in there.
Been told to have a good 🔥!!

beensaidbefore
05-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Would an almost consecutive collection of Broons and Oor Wullie books going back to the mid-80s be worth anything? I’m missing a year or 2 (I think).

I'd suggest finding the missing years. I think that would make your collection more valuable. No idea what it would be worth though. There are probably a few full collections out there.

https://www.comicpriceguide.co.uk/uk_comic.php?tc=oorwullie

Might be a starting point. There are a few 80s issues on here.

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2019, 07:46 PM
I'd suggest finding the missing years. I think that would make your collection more valuable. No idea what it would be worth though. There are probably a few full collections out there.

https://www.comicpriceguide.co.uk/uk_comic.php?tc=oorwullie

Might be a starting point. There are a few 80s issues on here.

Cheers. I’ve no idea why I’ve kept them to be honest - my mum buys me it every year and has done since I was a bairn. I’ll dig them out and see what I’m missing when I take this years down to file in the box.