PDA

View Full Version : Canning gone at Hamilton!!!(NHC)

where'stheslope
29-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Martin Canning has left Hamilton by mutual consent, reported on SKY news.

Diclonius
29-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Watch them drop like a stone now. He was the only thing keeping them up.

Slavers
29-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Been tapped up by Hibs maybe?

500miles
29-01-2019, 11:33 AM
Watch them drop like a stone now. He was the only thing keeping them up.

A minor miracle keeping them up.

GloryGlory
29-01-2019, 11:34 AM

No chance!

At least, I hope so! :greengrin

Beefster
29-01-2019, 11:34 AM

Nope.

04Sauzee
29-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Probably more to do with picking up 4 points in the last 10 games whilst scoring 5 goals and conceding 21. As much as hes done a great job keeping Hamilton in the top league, i'd be astounded if he was Easter Road bound

Aim Here
29-01-2019, 11:41 AM

Could be the other way around - Garry Parker has to make a career move soon and maybe Accies have decided to take the opportunity to try him out (I'm guessing Neil Lennon is still a bit out of their price range, what with their natural fanbase being depleted through a high incidence of regional hunnery, and their team's occasional support of resting Nigerian princes...

The 90+2
29-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Good luck to Boozy who is caretaker. :agree:

Billy Whizz
29-01-2019, 12:23 PM
No chance!

At least, I hope so! :greengrin

Maybe not for Hibs, but he’s done a fantastic job for them, on low home crowds

Hermit Crab
29-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Hope they go down, they bring nothing to the league. Horrendous team, horrendous stadium, horrendous following. They took a total of 33 fans to Parkhead last week.

Hibeesmad
29-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Hope they go down, they bring nothing to the league. Horrendous team, horrendous stadium, horrendous following. They took a total of 33 fans to Parkhead last week.

Hamilton and Dundee down please

The 90+2
29-01-2019, 12:29 PM

I think they are on their way down. This years Partick.

J-C
29-01-2019, 12:50 PM
As bad as Livingstone giving The Rangers 3 of their 4 stands on Sunday, was like a home game for the Huns.

Nevi_SOL
29-01-2019, 12:51 PM
Good luck to Boozy who is caretaker. :agree:

Boozy for ER 👍🏼😂

Smartie
29-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Boozy for ER 👍🏼😂

Is that such a bad idea as a left field suggestion?

He's served a decent apprenticeship as a coach now.

Hamilton have done well with their budget these past few years. A fair bit of that will be down to decent management and coaching.

Hibeesmad
29-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Hamilton chairman has said that Canning was ‘let down by everyone at the club’

wookie70
29-01-2019, 01:05 PM
He had two wins in thirteen, had to go

One Day Soon
29-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Bet he never threw a single chair at anyone or let rip with the full urban dictionary at his Chief Executive.

Amateur.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2019, 01:11 PM
As bad as Livingstone giving The Rangers 3 of their 4 stands on Sunday, was like a home game for the Huns.

They give us the same, we just don't fill it.

.Sean.
29-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Boozy for ER 👍🏼😂
Yes please

green with envy
29-01-2019, 01:24 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Keith_M
29-01-2019, 01:28 PM

Stop sitting on the fence, HC; what do your really think about them?

TelaStella
29-01-2019, 01:44 PM
Absolute levels when he’s announced as the next hibs boss. In all serious though it’s a bit of a surprising move that probably would have been better timed at the start or end of the season. By now Hamilton know what they’re getting with Canning and you can’t fault them for looking for a bit more ambition. Motherwell, Inverness, St Johnstone and now Killie have all proved that the smaller teams can compete at the top end of the table and really if Hamilton stringed together the right team with the right manager there’s no reason why they couldn’t go for the top 6, like I say though you know what you’re getting with Canning and I’d still back him to keep them up again this year, now I’m not so sure. Wouldn’t be surprised if they go after Billy Reid again though it would be a surprise if he left his no.2 position at Swansea for Accies. Hopefully boozy gets the gig till the end of the season at least, knows the squad and the club and I’d love to see him succeed in management

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
29-01-2019, 01:54 PM
They give us the same, we just don't fill it.

Really, never knew that, just weird watching the highlights, it was like a Rangers home game.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Really, never knew that, just weird watching the highlights, it was like a Rangers home game.Yeah, we've always had 3 stands at Livingston. Everyone gets that because their support is pathetic.

Jim44
29-01-2019, 02:14 PM
Hamilton chairman has said that Canning was ‘let down by everyone at the club’

He had two wins in thirteen, had to go

Bet he never threw a single chair at anyone or let rip with the full urban dictionary at his Chief Executive.

Amateur.

I wonder how many of the Celtic-minded cohort, who are bad mouthing Hibs and our players for the treatment of Lennon, will jump to the defence of Canning and point the finger of blame at Hamilton?

One Day Soon
29-01-2019, 02:21 PM
I wonder how many of the Celtic-minded cohort, who are bad mouthing Hibs and our players for the treatment of Lennon, will jump to the defence of Canning and point the finger of blame at Hamilton?

Took my kids to their first game at the second leg of the relegation decider against Hamilton. I'll be happy if we never, ever play them again.

At this point what has actually taken place at Hibs seems to me about as clear as my understanding of Particle Physics.

Like any of these horrific contestant based dancing/musical programmes on the telly, i just want it to be over as soon as possible.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Feel sorry for Canning

Thought he did a great job under the circumstances

Limited budget, resources and interest from the local community

They brought under 80 fans to the 6-0 game at Easter Road this season

As other posters have said, hope they get relegated and they won't be missed

hibee316
29-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Took my kids to their first game at the second leg of the relegation decider against Hamilton.

I can imagine your kids bedrooms have never been untidy since if that's the sanctions you impose :)

hibsbollah
29-01-2019, 03:34 PM
'Gaun the Boozy:flag:
Hamilton my second team now.

hibsdaft
29-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Hope he manages to get another job. Seemed like a decent guy and he did a good job there.

Sean1875
29-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Such an irrelevant club, hoping this is the year they finally drop.

Here’s Lucy!
29-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Hamilton and Dundee down please

Correct answer ^^^^^

HibbySpurs
29-01-2019, 04:12 PM

This. Disgrace of a “support” for a top flight club, not really their fault being so close to the homes of the knuckle draggers but it highlights that what is really wrong with Scottish football is too many clubs and not enough people.

SPFL has 42 clubs with a national population of around 5.5m
England from the PL to league 2 has 92 clubs and a population of 55.5m

So slightly over twice the number of clubs but 10x the population to support them, it doesn’t take a genius to work out why Scotland has problems with football.

In terms of support I’d much rather have Falkirk in the premier league than Hamilton.

Hamilton have an average gate of around 2,400 whilst Falkirk get over 4.5k.

Gordy M
29-01-2019, 04:19 PM
This. Disgrace of a “support” for a top flight club, not really their fault being so close to the homes of the knuckle draggers but it highlights that what is really wrong with Scottish football is too many clubs and not enough people.

SPFL has 42 clubs with a national population of around 5.5m
England from the PL to league 2 has 92 clubs and a population of 55.5m

So slightly over twice the number of clubs but 10x the population to support them, it doesn’t take a genius to work out why Scotland has problems with football.

In terms of support I’d much rather have Falkirk in the premier league than Hamilton.

Hamilton have an average gate of around 2,400 whilst Falkirk get over 4.5k.

What problems does scotland have with football? Second best supported leagues in Europe per head of population.

Fuzzywuzzy
29-01-2019, 04:27 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47045388

That's been what, six hours since he left? Hate to think how many n.o.i we've had

Cat Stanton
29-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Hope he manages to get another job. Seemed like a decent guy and he did a good job there.

He's a moron. With a dirty team. Good riddance.

Beefster
29-01-2019, 05:12 PM
I still can’t forgive Canning for having the turning circle of a supertanker at Hibs.

tamig
29-01-2019, 05:14 PM
Quite disappointed at the level of snobbery on this thread slagging off Hamilton. They’ve done brilliantly since they replaced us in the top flight and have produced some top talent over the years. So what if they only took 33 souls to Parkhead. Big up to the 33 I say.

w pilton hibby
29-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Quite disappointed at the level of snobbery on this thread slagging off Hamilton. They’ve done brilliantly since they replaced us in the top flight and have produced some top talent over the years. So what if they only took 33 souls to Parkhead. Big up to the 33 I say.

Like.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Such an irrelevant club, hoping this is the year they finally drop.

Well they did put Rangers to the sword in the Skol Cup for a big giruy to Sounness.

I got Adrian Sprotts “autograph” (handed in lost dosh to Fettes where he was working at the time).

tamig
29-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Well they did put Rangers to the sword in the Skol Cup for a big giruy to Sounness.

I got Adrian Sprotts “autograph” (handed in lost dosh to Fettes where he was working at the time).

That was the Scottish Cup. With John Lambie at the helm.

Billy Whizz
29-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Think Boozy is staying in his role at Hamilton
Wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Hartley or Archibald got the top gig

hibs#1
29-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Don't really have any love for Hamilton. they have done tremendously well to stay up for so long considering there fanbase (not a knock at there fans) and resources think Canning can walk with his head held high. Archibald would be a good replacement for them.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2019, 06:21 PM
That was the Scottish Cup. With John Lambie at the helm.

Ah semi false memory - to be fair it was only the season after I started attending ER.

Famous Fiver
29-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Do anyone think we might be competing for the same targets?

MyJo
29-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Do anyone think we might be competing for the same targets?

Nope

tamig
29-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Think Boozy is staying in his role at Hamilton
Wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Hartley or Archibald got the top gig

Chairman was on Sportsound. Director of Football in with a head coach underneath. He said he had five candidates all out of work and their preferred candidate was likely to come from those five. Boozy not being considered for the role.

Billy Whizz
29-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Chairman was on Sportsound. Director of Football in with a head coach underneath. He said he had five candidates all out of work and their preferred candidate was likely to come from those five. Boozy not being considered for the role.

Add in Yogi

tamig
29-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Add in Yogi

He did say a lot of the usual suspects had applied so Yogi could fall into that category.

hibs#1
30-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Brian Rice to be appointed Head coach apparently.