Pages : [1] 2

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Just had a short piece:

1) NL won't manage Hibs again
2) No comment from Hibs until severance package sorted
3) Strachan unlikely, although he is pals with Petrie
4) New coach will have to work within structure in place
5) Club still trying to bring in players before window closes.

Make of that what you will.

PS Sounds like the reporter had an off the record briefing.

Barney McGrew
28-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Was it Luke Shanley doing the reporting?

If so, he has very good contacts inside ER so that will be 100% spot on.

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Was it Luke Shanley doing the reporting?

If so, he has very good contacts inside ER so that will be 100% spot on.

No - sorry, didn't catch the name, but not Luke.

Callum_62
28-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Severance package suggests no sacking for GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 03:05 PM

Maybe both parties trying to cut their losses and keep it out of court?

Callum_62
28-01-2019, 03:06 PM

Could be yeah

1van Sprou7e
28-01-2019, 03:07 PM

Hope so tbh

coldingham hibs
28-01-2019, 03:09 PM
No - sorry, didn't catch the name, but not Luke.

It was the boy Paterson, can’t remember his first name.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Would like Strachan but if he isn’t interested then move on. Hopefully a few players in over the coming days, we have a very productive recruitment team so no doubt they have players in mind

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Hope so tbh

Yep. Legal fees will be ginormous and washing your dirty linen in public never reflects well on either party.

If they are discussing a severance package, as SSN suggest, then it is likely that both parties realise the relationship is irretrievable and it is better to move on.

Unseen work
28-01-2019, 03:19 PM
If I was a player I don’t know how I would feel about joining a club without a manager. New manager might not rate him at all.

suspect the only players that would come would be either

Young prospect and joining s club our size is far too big an opportunity to miss
A player that knows they will walk into the team - no matter who the manager is

silverhibee
28-01-2019, 03:23 PM
Andy walker just on, very sensible stuff from him, yeah I know, board have backed Lennon but he hasn't delivered, look at Killie and St Js above Hibs and will struggle to get a top 6 finish, the board are right to have worries about where Lennon is taking Hibs, you just can't keep asking the board to stump up more money.

1van Sprou7e
28-01-2019, 03:27 PM
If I was a player I don’t know how I would feel about joining a club without a manager. New manager might not rate him at all.

Young prospect and joining s club our size is far too big an opportunity to miss

True but the coach will work within the existing system we have at the club

I think leann has previously spoke about setting up a specific identity at Hibs so hopefully she can convince players to join even without a head coach in place

Barney McGrew
Andy walker just on, very sensible stuff from him, yeah I know, board have backed Lennon but he hasn't delivered, look at Killie and St Js above Hibs and will struggle to get a top 6 finish, the board are right to have worries about where Lennon is taking Hibs, you just can't keep asking the board to stump up more money.

Do Sky know he’s been drinking on the job? :greengrin

SlickShoes

The market at this time of year is different though, generally a lot of 6 month loans or short contracts, players just want to get playing and teams need a body.

If it was summer i'd agree but I think it won't make much difference right now who is in charge, anyone coming in now is likely out of favour an not playing at their current club at the very least.

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 03:28 PM
I would never, ever have believed I would see Andy Walker and sensible in the same sentence.

Lago
28-01-2019, 03:31 PM
I would never, ever have believed I would see Andy Walker and sensible in the same sentence.
There's a first for everything:greengrin

The Harp Awakes
28-01-2019, 03:38 PM
'New coach will have to work within structure in place'

I wonder if that means retaining the existing backroom staff, academy set up, coaches etc - with the exception of Parker I would expect. I would have thought that might be a problem if we brought in an established, high profile Manager who would probably want a say in all football matters and how they are run.

Maybe we're going to get a rookie, or.............................AS back, who will already be content with the structure?

hibbyfraelibby
28-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Just had a short piece:

Sounds like SSN making it up on the spot sing dotnet as the source of his information. Anyone of us on here could have written that script.

Brightside
28-01-2019, 03:41 PM

I wonder if that means retaining the existing backroom staff, academy set up, coaches etc - with the exception of Parker I would expect. I would have thought that might be a problem if we brought in an established, high profile Manager who would probably want a say in all football matters and how they are run.

Maybe we're going to get a rookie, or.............................AS back, who will already be content with the structure?

We have been saying for the last few years that this will be our operating model. Head Coaches will come and go.

Godsahibby
28-01-2019, 03:41 PM

That was always Hibs plan. Tried to copy what Southampton have in place so that when changes did take place it wasn't an almighty upheaval every time. Any new manager would have to fit certain criteria.

Heisenberg
28-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Sounds like SSN making it up on the spot ysing dotnet as the source of his information. Anyone of us on here could gave written that script.

Or Hibs could have written that script for them...

JimBHibees
28-01-2019, 03:43 PM

Personally think looking more and more like that, might be totally wrong of course.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 03:47 PM

Why would Murray be sacked!

James70
28-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Could do a Man.u. and get a caretaker manager in for the rest of the season?

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 03:49 PM

Charles. Good on him still reporting at a difficult time for the lad.

worcesterhibby
28-01-2019, 03:49 PM

Are you sure it was Andy Walker ?

The Harp Awakes
28-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Personally think looking more and more like that, might be totally wrong of course.

You can see them giving it to AS until the end of the season for stability; knows the set up and many of the players, etc.

Unseen work
28-01-2019, 03:51 PM

I really hope not.

Dont see the point in it, get someone in now and let’s get settled again.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Charles. Good on him still reporting at a difficult time for the lad.

?

JimBHibees
28-01-2019, 03:56 PM
You can see them giving it to AS until the end of the season for stability; knows the set up and many of the players, etc.

Yes less upheaval for all and gives Stubbs a chance to get his career on track win/win then review in the summer.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 03:57 PM

He was on sky Sports this morning, saying we’ve missed Barker due to injury???

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Or Hibs could have written that script for them...

As I suggested an "off-the-record" briefing from one of Hibs media team, perhaps. Sounded like the party line, anyway.

JimBHibees
28-01-2019, 04:00 PM
He was on sky Sports this morning, saying we’ve missed Barker due to injury???

Yes that sounds more like the Walker we know and detest. :greengrin

Liberal Hibby
28-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Neil Lennon was an established, high profile manager who worked within the structure in place and became Head Coach.

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2019, 04:01 PM
I really hope not.

Dont see the point in it, get someone in now and let’s get settled again.

What if our next permanent manager isn't available until the summer? Do we just appoint someone now for the sake of it?

I'd rather we took as long is it takes to try and get the 'right one' in. If that means a short term solution in the meantime then I don't see an issue.

We don't seem to have a natural caretaker at the club which is often the case during a change of manager.

Maybe not the ideal scenario but I really don't see a problem.

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 04:01 PM

I think it means going with George Craig as Director of Football and his recruitment team , along with the coaches and academy structure.

brog
28-01-2019, 04:04 PM
To put Sky's credibility in perspective their rolling news bar was saying Celtc are interested in Sunderland's Lewis Morgan!

AgentDaleCooper
28-01-2019, 04:06 PM
I wonder if bringing stubbs in until the summer would make sense, to see if he can cut it at this level. Would be a safe option for everyone, in a sense.

Speedway
28-01-2019, 04:10 PM
I don't want Stubbs back but there's a lot of sense to doing this until the summer.

1. Find him out at top level
2. Cheap
3. Great marketing angle for upcoming ST Renewals
4. Knows and signed some of the most senior players including Marv, SDG and Daz
5. Knows the club inside out.
6. Can beat Hearts

Zazu62
28-01-2019, 04:15 PM
I don't want Stubbs back but there's a lot of sense to doing this until the summer.

2. Cheap
6. Can beat Hearts

Yip spot on even just till the end of the season

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2019, 04:15 PM

2. Cheap
6. Can beat Hearts

Makes sense to me.

Johnny_Leith
28-01-2019, 04:17 PM

2. Cheap
6. Can beat Hearts

I'd agree. I'm not sure how clued up Riordan is as to what happens at Hibs these days, but he has been adamant that Stubbs to Hibs won't happen:dunno: He's stated this several times on his instagram today.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 04:28 PM
?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-man-hurt-in-south-africa-glider-crash-is-awake-and-recovering-1-4854234/amp

WeeRussell
28-01-2019, 04:29 PM

2. Cheap
6. Can beat Hearts

Out of interest, SW, what’s your reasons for not wanting him back? As you make a bloody good case for having him.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2019, 04:30 PM

Jeezo, that's twice now :faint:

BullsCloseHibs
28-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Just had a short piece:

What class reporting..... Having to work within structure in place.... Who would have thought?!!!!

BullsCloseHibs
28-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Stubbs was pi55 at St Midden.

No thanks.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 04:33 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-man-hurt-in-south-africa-glider-crash-is-awake-and-recovering-1-4854234/amp

Thanks, is it his dad

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2019, 04:33 PM

No thanks.

I do love a compelling point of view.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Thanks, is it his dad

Yeah.

Onion
28-01-2019, 04:41 PM
New manager has to be an imaginative appointment, otherwise we'll lose thousands of STHs and our better players will want to move on ... whoever they are.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 04:46 PM
New manager has to be an imaginative appointment, otherwise we'll lose thousands of STHs and our better players will want to move on ... whoever they are.

I’m hoping the players won’t move on now Lennon has left. I’m also hoping season tickets won’t fall as much than it may have if we had continued the way it was going.

silverhibee
28-01-2019, 04:48 PM
Do Sky know he’s been drinking on the job? :greengrin

Had to shout on my lad to make sure it was Andy walker :greengrin

Waxy
28-01-2019, 04:48 PM

2. Cheap
6. Can beat Hearts
And we’re still in the Scottish cup 🤔

silverhibee
28-01-2019, 04:53 PM

Yip

silverhibee
28-01-2019, 04:57 PM
I'd agree. I'm not sure how clued up Riordan is as to what happens at Hibs these days, but he has been adamant that Stubbs to Hibs won't happen:dunno: He's stated this several times on his instagram today.

There was a reason Stubbs left Hibs.

WeeRussell
28-01-2019, 04:58 PM

No thanks.

How many games and how long did he get to make his mark and prove himself at a newly promoted club?

Wakeyhibee
28-01-2019, 05:03 PM

2. Cheap
6. Can beat Hearts

I doubt there will be any outstanding candidates out there right now. AS I would think is a safe pair of hands in the circumstances, if he is willing to give it another shot that is.

I think the board will go this way or something "underwhelming" will be the 2nd choice.

Hope I'm wrong on the last point (I'm not in the know btw just a hunch)

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 05:06 PM
STV news live at ER around 6.15 or so

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 05:07 PM

Too much interest in the kitty?

ehf
28-01-2019, 05:07 PM

Yes - he couldn't beat Falkirk.

greenpaper55
28-01-2019, 05:08 PM

Ha ha, brilliant .

silverhibee
28-01-2019, 05:09 PM

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-01-2019, 05:14 PM

There was, but isn't that reason in Manchester these days?

Not that I can see Stubbs coming back.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 05:16 PM

Must of been. No manager with decent ambition would leave Hibs after winning the Scottish Cup, knowing you will probably get promoted the next season to leave for Rotherham who were favourites to get relegated in the championship

brog
28-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Yes - he couldn't beat Falkirk.

Rather, he couldn't beat Alan Muir.

Captain Trips
28-01-2019, 05:18 PM
I thought after winning cup he feared if he didn't get us up he would be sacked so left on a high rather than take on Dundee Utd.

Speedway
28-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Out of interest, SW, what’s your reasons for not wanting him back? As you make a bloody good case for having him.

WR

1. The fact he legged it as soon as his stock was half decent
2. What he’s done since
3. No Holden or Taff this time round
4. Too soft
5. Can’t beat Hearts often enough

sambajustice
28-01-2019, 05:22 PM
I thought after winning cup he feared if he didn't get us up he would be sacked so left on a high rather than take on Dundee Utd.

Was he not pumpin someone he shouldn't have been??

Captain Trips
28-01-2019, 05:23 PM

Could be both

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Nah, he was just overly fond of kitty's..... :greengrin

silverhibee
28-01-2019, 05:27 PM
What was said on STV sports news, I have Glasgow STV and Brenda was blaming players and agents for Lennon's departure.

pacoluna
28-01-2019, 05:28 PM
The whataboutery is absolutely cringe with regards too Lennon and Stubbs on this forum from certain posters

It's used as a reason as to why are are better off without Lennon, however they dismiss the facts..

It's used as a reason for why Stubbs should come back, however they dismiss the facts..

we are hibs
28-01-2019, 05:30 PM
The whataboutery is absolutely cringe with regards too Lennon and Stubbs on this forum from certain posters

It's used as a reason as to why are are better off without Lennon, ignoring facts.

It's used as a reason for why Stubbs should come back, ignoring.

Your blind rage as soon as someone mentions Stubbs on here is cringier.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 05:31 PM
What was said on STV sports news, I have Glasgow STV and Brenda was blaming players and agents for Lennon's departure.

Absolutely nothing

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 05:31 PM

Just that there has been no more news from what has already been mentioned

pacoluna
28-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Your blind rage as soon as someone mentions Stubbs on here is cringier.

I'm happy to have him back until end of season. So your accusation is unfound.

I don't hold back though with my thoughts that Lennon is a far better manager.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 05:34 PM
I don't hold back though with my thoughts that Lennon is a far better manager.

I agree

InchHibby
28-01-2019, 05:37 PM

Took my breath away.

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 05:41 PM

Fair play to him then , he said the same thing yesterday but it came across that he was using that against the club rather than Lennon.

madhatter
28-01-2019, 05:45 PM
A club building for the future always looking backwards... I personally think we suffer so much that the club almost gets caught in a reminiscent mode. Re-sign former players and re-sign former managers seems to be quite common for us. It is for other clubs but we seem to be more polar in our opinion.

Let’s be honest, Stokes had quite an average season before that glorious day at Hampden. Yet was thought of as being a critical signing, even though that deal likely de-railed the start of that season and we were playing awful football. Stubbs should be remembered as a legend and that is it. Not right for his legacy to be tarnished and club need to be forward thinking.

To highlight this problem in our support, dare I say it, some of our fans want Lennon back and he isn’t even out the door...

Someone new Hibs, someone fresh and wants the team to play good football.

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 05:46 PM

It's used as a reason as to why are are better off without Lennon, however they dismiss the facts..

It's used as a reason for why Stubbs should come back, however they dismiss the facts..

Im confused 🤨

calumhibee1
28-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Im confused 🤨

Likewise. I’m not quite sure what’s been said on this thread to warrant the post. I’m not even quite sure what the point that’s being made is.

LustForLeith
28-01-2019, 06:01 PM
That was always Hibs plan. Tried to copy what Southampton have in place so that when changes did take place it wasn't an almighty upheaval every time. Any new manager would have to fit certain criteria.

I’m a big fan of Southampton and their black box

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37954971

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 06:02 PM

First three are obvious.

4th one, IMHO, means they've had a running battle with Lennon over signings which is what ultimately has led to the breakdown and any new manager better be clear - we're only going to spend what we're going to spend.

Last one is bollocks. Hope I'm wrong on that, how long until the window closes?

brog
28-01-2019, 06:09 PM
WR

1. The fact he legged it as soon as his stock was half decent
2. What he’s done since
3. No Holden or Taff this time round
4. Too soft
5. Can’t beat Hearts often enough

I assume it's a joke about Hawrts. The only time AS lost to them was his 2nd league game in charge of half a team & even then we only lost because we missed a pen. After that P5, won 2, drawn 3, including of course the legendary 2-2 game. Not many of our managers have a win record against them.

J-C
28-01-2019, 06:12 PM

No thanks.

And they've really improved a lot since they sacked him, rocketed up the league.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2019, 06:14 PM
A lot of stuff over the last few days has focussed on the club 'lacking ambition', 'refusing to spend money' and 'penny pinching'.

Is there any actual evidence in the published accounts that shows a huge surplus of money not being spent? Is the suggestion money is being deliberately hidden?

Ultimately we all want the club to spend as much as possible on players but a budget is agreed and whilst it may be flexible, it's also finite. There isn't a magic money pot the club can dig into to replace every signing that doesn't work out.

madhatter
28-01-2019, 06:16 PM

First three are obvious.

4th one, IMHO, means they've had a running battle with Lennon over signings which is what ultimately has led to the breakdown and any new manager better be clear - we're only going to spend what we're going to spend.

In fairness, we will be recruiting for a Head Coach. As we did with Lennon. We use Manager as we are used to that terminology. Applicants will know what Head Coach means. Most clubs seem to operate similar to Hibs as well. Not necessarily directly related to "we're only going to spend", maybe more "play some of our talented youngsters as that is part of our philosophy"...both are just speculative. We'll never know how these meetings go and what gets turned down and why.

I think signings could be happening. One that may be very likely is Scott Allan. Might be wrong but that is probably the easiest to get over the line without causing issues with any incoming Head Coach (can say he was coming in anyway). Who knows what is going on at the moment. I'd imagine George Craig won't be involved in disciplinary/financial settlements so I see no reason why he cannot at least test the waters with some targets we've had.

Joe6-2
28-01-2019, 06:17 PM

Charles, irritating voice

Joe6-2
28-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Must of been. No manager with decent ambition would leave Hibs after winning the Scottish Cup, knowing you will probably get promoted the next season to leave for Rotherham who were favourites to get relegated in the championship

Have!!!!! Not of

J-C
28-01-2019, 06:19 PM

First three are obvious.

I think Lennon forgot about number 4, Sportsound was just saying that Lennon is a manager and not really a head coach and therein lies the problem.
If Hibs want to operate with a head coach, then someone like Lennon was always going to be a disaster eventually, he couldn't help but get involved in matters that isn't in his job description.

greenpaper55
28-01-2019, 06:23 PM
I think the board will stick with what they have got at the present, May will take the team until the end of the season with no pressure on him and we will appoint someone then. I would imagine that the board will look at the league and think we are safe from relegation and write off the rest of the season. This could backfire on them regards ST sales for next season but they might take a gamble on that, when is it we are asked to fork out for the next lot ?

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 06:24 PM
I assume it's a joke about Hawrts. The only time AS lost to them was his 2nd league game in charge of half a team & even then we only lost because we missed a pen. After that P5, won 2, drawn 3, including of course the legendary 2-2 game. Not many of our managers have a win record against them.

And a shocking sending off 👍

Wilson
28-01-2019, 06:28 PM
I think the board will stick with what they have got at the present, May will take the team until the end of the season with no pressure on him and we will appoint someone then. I would imagine that the board will look at the league and think we are safe from relegation and write off the rest of the season. This could backfire on them regards ST sales for next season but they might take a gamble on that, when is it we are asked to fork out for the next lot ?

The two flaws in that thinking are that May doesn't want the job and that, although the board may not put too much pressure on an interim manager, there is always pressure on a hibs manager to get results. Always.

madhatter
28-01-2019, 06:30 PM

Can't see this personally. May clearly didn't enjoy being in the dugout and Leeann used to hate dithering on things. She came in and sacked Butcher immediately did she not? Was also relatively quick recruiting Stubbs and then Lennon considering the enormity of the job (Stubbs) and the stature of the person (Lennon). Things may have changed but I think the club wouldn't risk lower ST sales by writing off a season, just can't see it now. They'll be wanting to push for top six. There is still pressure to do that. Bottom six with our resources is shocking.

greenpaper55
28-01-2019, 06:34 PM
But steady Eddie might get us in the top six and for most on here that might be enough to keep the spirits up, i agree it's a bit of a gamble but they would be saving another managers wages for six months and he might not be any better than what we have got ! You know the way the board thinks ?

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 06:36 PM
For me , stubbs was on a shoogly peg prior to us winning the cup. After that there was every chance we would have got promoted with him the next season. As a manager i admire they way he built the team for the future , and didnt just sign journeymen pros. The good players under Lennon were players Stubbs had signed in his spell as manager. Id be open to Stubbs returning but wouldnt be bothered if he didnt. I like stubbs and respect the job he did , especially when you consider the mess we were in at the start of his spell. Im also slightly wary that for all the possession and good play we had , he struggled at times to find a way to break defensively minded opponents down , maybe there would be less opponents of that nature in the premiership?

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 06:38 PM
1st 40 mins of Sportsound tonight was dedicated to Hibs. Worth a listen if you download it

Saturday Boy
28-01-2019, 06:39 PM
But steady Eddie might get us in the top six and for most on here that might be enough to keep the spirits up, i agree it's a bit of a gamble but they would be saving another managers wages for six months and he might not be any better than what we have got ! You know the way the board thinks ?

You think we should appoint Eddie May even although he’s said he doesn’t want the job and is happy as Academy manager?

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 06:39 PM
For me , stubbs was on a shoogly peg prior to us winning the cup. After that there was every chance we would have got promoted with him the next season. As a manager i admire they way he built the team for the future , and didnt just sign journeymen pros. The good players under Lennon were players Stubbs had signed in his spell as manager. Id be open to Stubbs returning but wouldnt be bothered if he didnt. I like stubbs and respect the job he did , especially when you consider the mess we were in at the start of his spell. Im also slightly wary that for all the possession and good play we had , he struggled at times to find a way to break defensively minded opponents down , maybe there would be less opponents of that nature in the premiership?

Agree.

1van Sprou7e
28-01-2019, 06:40 PM
I think Lennon forgot about number 4, Sportsound was just saying that Lennon is a manager and not really a head coach and therein lies the problem.
If Hibs want to operate with a head coach, then someone like Lennon was always going to be a disaster eventually, he couldn't help but get involved in matters that isn't in his job description.

What's that based on? Lennon previously stated how happy he was having a specific role, contrasting it to his time at Bolton when he found himself dealing with things that had little to do with football

Whether his personal opinion differed from his public statements is another thing of course

greenpaper55
28-01-2019, 06:41 PM
You think we should appoint Eddie May even although he’s said he doesn’t want the job and is happy as Academy manager?

I never said we should appoint him i said the board might ask him , i know he said he never wants to manage again but if he knew it was until the end of the season he might agree.

delbert
28-01-2019, 06:42 PM
1st 40 mins of Sportsound tonight was dedicated to Hibs. Worth a listen if you download it

Got to say I thought it was torture, 40 minutes which could have been condensed into one sentence ‘We haven’t got a solitary clue what’s going on between us all so we will just speculate and talk bollocks’

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Got to say I thought it was torture, 40 minutes which could have been condensed into one sentence ‘We haven’t got a solitary clue what’s going on between us all so we will just speculate and talk bollocks’

That’s all of us then, have no clue what’s going on

Kano throwing a grenade in too

Hibrandenburg
28-01-2019, 06:44 PM
The two flaws in that thinking are that May doesn't want the job and that, although the board may not put too much pressure on an interim manager, there is always pressure on a hibs manager to get results. Always.

I thought I'd erred onto the Brexit thread there for a minute.

jacomo
28-01-2019, 06:45 PM
A lot of stuff over the last few days has focussed on the club 'lacking ambition', 'refusing to spend money' and 'penny pinching'.

Is there any actual evidence in the published accounts that shows a huge surplus of money not being spent? Is the suggestion money is being deliberately hidden?

Ultimately we all want the club to spend as much as possible on players but a budget is agreed and whilst it may be flexible, it's also finite. There isn't a magic money pot the club can dig into to replace every signing that doesn't work out.

Nope it’s just the usual sh*te, either from people with an axe to grind or people too quick to believe any nonsense they hear.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Nope it’s just the usual sh*te, either from people with an axe to grind or people too quick to believe any nonsense they hear.

Correct.

greenpaper55
28-01-2019, 06:54 PM
I thought I'd erred onto the Brexit thread there for a minute.

Oh no , please no Brexit puns please !

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 06:54 PM

Exactly... And lets not forget that Lennon will have been made aware of budgets etc before joining the club. If anything id say he wasted a lot of the funds at his disposal

matty_f
28-01-2019, 06:57 PM

It's fantasy stuff and has been shown up to be so time and time again.

Borderhibbie76
28-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Andy walker just on, very sensible stuff from him, yeah I know, board have backed Lennon but he hasn't delivered, look at Killie and St Js above Hibs and will struggle to get a top 6 finish, the board are right to have worries about where Lennon is taking Hibs, you just can't keep asking the board to stump up more money.You sure?? Would the real Andy walker please stand up lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

southern hibby
28-01-2019, 07:03 PM

Yes hearts most time we played them and Levein wasn’t happy about it so he left 😉

GGTTH

Sammy7nil
28-01-2019, 07:07 PM

Kano was informative ! :confused: seriously i have nothing against him but why oh why would you have him on? Struggled to get his point across and when he did he added nothing.

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 07:08 PM
That’s all of us then, have no clue what’s going on

Kano throwing a grenade in too
What was the content of the grenade Billy?

roo62
28-01-2019, 07:09 PM

Agree - Eddie May does not have the gravitas to be Head Coach at Hibs at the moment. Give Stubbs the chance at his second Scotish Cup and a top six finish.

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 07:09 PM
That **** keith jackson at it again as well.. Another Daily Record article slating the club , says they should be ashamed of the way they have handled this situation. Funny the article is full of ifs rather than facts , and basically tells us that he doesnt know what actually happened but that the club are a disgrace. I actually cant believe a major newspaper would say these things about one of the countries biggest football clubs without even claiming to know any of the facts, he should be embarrassed and the daily record should be ashamed of themselves for allowing it to be printed.

southsider
28-01-2019, 07:10 PM

I did and panel v much on Neil’s side. Even Kano more or less backed him.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 07:11 PM
It's fantasy stuff and has been shown up to be so time and time again.

I'm sure there has been plenty of other stuff involved in all this but I'm pretty convinced Lennon's signing ambitions are at the root of it all. Whether it's been about players being signed he didn't want or players not being signed he did want.

Our budget I suspect did not match his ambition. That's not a criticism of the club, these things were probably never going to be reconciled.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2019, 07:15 PM
What was the content of the grenade Billy?

Kano said Hibs have been sounding out other managers down south for a while now.

The 90+2
I'm sure there has been plenty of other stuff involved in all this but I'm pretty convinced Lennon's signing ambitions are at the root of it all. Whether it's been about players being signed he didn't want or players not being signed he did want.

Our budget I suspect did not match his ambition. That's not a criticism of the club, these things were probably never going to be reconciled.

You’re probably correct.

Was the same at Celtic
Was the same at Bolton..:

Gordy M
The one thing that provides a small piece of comfort, in this whole debacle, is that LD has had to appoint two managers and id suggest she got both right. Im pretty confident whoever comes in next will be the right appointment for the club.

The 90+2
Kano said Hibs have been sounding out other managers down south for a while now.

How the fk would he know?

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 07:16 PM
The one thing that provides a small piece of comfort, in this whole debacle, is that LD has had to appoint two managers and id suggest she got both right. Im pretty confident whoever comes in next will be the right appointment for the club.

That's the best point I've seen made anywhere here since this madness kicked off.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2019, 07:16 PM

:aok: will listen later

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 07:18 PM
For a Hibs supporter , Kane seems to hate the club an awful lot..

makaveli1875
28-01-2019, 07:19 PM
That **** keith jackson at it again as well.. Another Daily Record article slating the club , says they should be ashamed of the way they have handled this situation. Funny the article is full of ifs rather than facts , and basically tells us that he doesnt know what actually happened but that the club are a disgrace. I actually cant believe a major newspaper would say these things about one of the countries biggest football clubs without even claiming to know any of the facts, he should be embarrassed and the daily record should be ashamed of themselves for allowing it to be printed.

My favorate bit of Jacksons piece was this

'And after everything Lennon has done to restore some respectability to this particular club, they ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for placing him in such a perilous predicament.'

Sammy7nil
28-01-2019, 07:20 PM
How the fk would he know?

No idea why they invited him on he added nothing and does not come across well on radio. He even said how was it right LD made the decision to suspended NL when she was part of the problem :confused: the panel reminded him it was her job and she did indeed have the authority to suspended NL.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 07:20 PM

Who’s his beef with, Petrie?

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 07:21 PM
While I seriously doubt that, if true we can expect a quick appointment.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 07:22 PM
No idea why they invited him on he added nothing and does not come across well on radio. He even said how was it right LD made the decision to suspended NL when she was part of the problem :confused: the panel reminded him it was her job and she did indeed have the authority to suspended NL.

And after all that as if anyone from the club is going to tell the biggest sweetie wife patter merchant there is that we have been sounding out other managers then suspending the manager and like that wouldn’t go in the managers favour 👍😂

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Who’s his beef with, Petrie?

I think petrie and farmer ..

WhileTheChief..
28-01-2019, 07:23 PM
She didn’t go after Lennon, he approached us.

My biggest worry is who she goes for next. A nice safe option probBly. No-one to upset the apple cart, or god forbid, any of the players.

Someone that will target the top 6 and be well chuffed if we get there each year.

The reaction from the fans will be “meh”, which will suit our board just fine.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 07:23 PM

And HSL. He doesn’t get freebies any more is probably the main reason.

Peevemor
28-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Kano got wide for no reason with one of my mates in Gatsby's about 36 years ago. I thought he was a dick then and I haven't seen much since to change my opinion.

The 90+2

My biggest worry is who she goes for next. A nice safe option probBly. No-one to upset the apple cart, or god forbid, any of the players.

Someone that will target the top 6 and be well chuffed if we get there each year.

You need to really get over it. It seems as if you would actually like all that to happen to the determinant of the football club just to say you told us so?

HoboHarry

I genuinely don't understand some of your posts from the last few days - maybe I'm wrong I seem to think that you usually post sensible stuff. What you have written above is nonsense - it matters not a jot who approached who - her two appointments thus far have been excellent.....

Lemonade

:agree:

Started following him on Twitter the other day and can’t believe the hatred he spouts.
If I didn’t have such a good night in his company after the cup win I swear I would unfollow him :greengrin

Seriously though , WTF?

Edit : I'm a muppet. Wrong Twitter account.
Apologies to Paul

Sammy7nil
28-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Kano got wide for no reason with one of my mates in Gatsby's about 36 years ago. I thought he was a dick then and I haven't seen much since to change my opinion.

Was kano drinking up the toon when he was 15 :greengrin

Tyler Durden
28-01-2019, 07:29 PM

Kane, Simon Pia and their other pals who don’t understand what a Ponzi scheme is, will be lapping this up as evidence that the board, Dempster and Farmer are all fleecing the club.

Morons.

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 07:31 PM
Kane, Simon Pia and their other pals who don’t understand what a Ponzi scheme is, will be lapping this up as evidence that the board, Dempster and Farmer are all fleecing the club.

Morons.
The're no schemes - they are wee trees ya bam.........

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 07:33 PM

Morons.

Its actually pretty embarrassing to be honest. The board and owners have made some pretty obvious mistakes over the years , but the way kane and co go on is quite obviously personal rather than rational..

Zazu62
28-01-2019, 07:34 PM

Started following him on Twitter the other day and can’t believe the hatred he spouts.
If I didn’t have such a good night in his company after the cup win I swear I would unfollow him :greengrin

Seriously though , WTF?

What’s his twitter handle?

04Sauzee
28-01-2019, 07:35 PM

Seriously though , WTF?

Is Paul Kane on twitter what's hits Twitter Account.
Simon Pia doesn't like the board much does he

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Its actually pretty embarrassing to be honest. The board and owners have made some pretty obvious mistakes over the years , but the way kane and co go on is quite obviously personal rather than rational..

Just realised that this could make sense of the lines taken by one or two posters on here :agree:

hibsbollah
28-01-2019, 07:37 PM

Morons.

Please God not that. Cue lots of washed up ex cashie boy wideos affixing ' Hibs Shares=Ponzi scheme' placards to lampposts in South Edinburgh at 4 in the morning to avoid the old bill.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 07:38 PM
Please God not that. Cue lots of washed up ex cashie boy wideos affixing ' Hibs Shares=Ponzi scheme' placards to lampposts in South Edinburgh at 4 in the morning to avoid the old bill.

Mostly in Marchmont probably...

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Funny how it all went quiet for a while after may 2016

hibsbollah
28-01-2019, 07:39 PM
Mostly in Marchmont probably...

So that's what you do with your evenings:greengrin

Tyler Durden
28-01-2019, 07:43 PM

I am firmly in the camp that we have a competitive budget this year, Lennon has been well backed and we should be realistic on spending. We’ve paid fees for several players this year and so far it hasn’t worked out as everyone would’ve liked.

But..... I do think we are now in a position where we will have a decent surplus. Season ticket sales, Europe prize money and the fee for McGinn in particular should see us in a healthy position. We must have banked at least £1.2m for McGinn. Plus £100k odd for Simon Murray. I don’t think the fees we’ve paid out would equate to more than 50% of that income. Before anyone pipes up, I appreciate we won’t have received the McGinn fee in full.

I would expect our wage bill has increased this year, but not materially. Maybe 10% up.

So yes I do think we are sitting on money. We won’t know if I’m correct for a while but it remains to be seen how the club choose to spend that. We face the same issue as ever, we can’t go paying large fees as the wages would be unsustainable.

For me though, we could and should be targeting young Scottish players with sell on potential. Which we’ve done with Mallan and McGiin before him. We could now go and buy some of the young Livi or Motherwell players as IMO they would be within budget and would accept our wages for 2-3 years with the potential for a move in future. Sounds simple ��

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 07:43 PM
So that's what you do with your evenings:greengrin

I follow them around taking them down...

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 07:46 PM
Really looking forward to Saturday. Six Nations followed by a Scottish Premiership match watching Hibs. Thank god we are eventually back where we belong, the thoughts of losing to Falkirk are slowly fading. Onwards and upwards

J-C
28-01-2019, 07:47 PM

If this was the case and Leeann felt it was too good an opportunity then she's maybe made a wee mistake there. I can see what the attraction was in appointing Lennon, maybe easier to attract higher profile players, his record as a manager in Scotland and his winning mentality but there was always the downsides to appointing Lennon. Wearing his heart too much on his sleeve, his volatile nature and his fall out with authority( SFA ) on numerous occasions, these were not part of the make up that was identified as being Hibs Head Coach material.

Bostonhibby
28-01-2019, 07:48 PM
How the fk would he know?Got a pub in ER and one of a select band the meejah go to when they get a chance to have a go at Hibs?

There'll be more.....

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Waxy
28-01-2019, 07:50 PM
I’d rather it was Stubbsy now even if its just till the end of the season.

Bostonhibby
28-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Please God not that. Cue lots of washed up ex cashie boy wideos affixing ' Hibs Shares=Ponzi scheme' placards to lampposts in South Edinburgh at 4 in the morning to avoid the old bill.The erseholes alternative to putting their money where their mouths are and buying the club to save us all from the "scam".

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
28-01-2019, 07:56 PM

Don’t start greeting yet. It might never happen.

matty_f
Can we keep this thread on topic please?

I'm sure the people on Twitter will be happy if you took your feedback to them directly.

ads913
along with babyshark song.
Stubbs and Doolan do do do

Peevemor
28-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Was kano drinking up the toon when he was 15 :greengrinIf you have to ask the question you were obviously never in Gatsby's.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Can we avoid naming individuals on this thread please.

WhileTheChief..
28-01-2019, 07:58 PM
It already has :boo hoo:

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 08:00 PM
FFS, just when you thought this cluster**** of a bucket of poisonous sick couldn't become more toxic that rears its head.

All that's missing now is a shooter on the grassy knoll and Lord Lucan.

Lemonade
28-01-2019, 08:01 PM

Apologies.
For the record , I had the wrong Twitter user.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Can we keep this thread on topic please?

I'm sure the people on Twitter will be happy if you took your feedback to them directly.

Quite right. What was the topic again?

Broken Gnome
28-01-2019, 08:02 PM

My one? Done, no harm meant :aok:

WhileTheChief..
28-01-2019, 08:03 PM
I genuinely don't understand some of your posts from the last few days - maybe I'm wrong I seem to think that you usually post sensible stuff. What you have written above is nonsense - it matters not a jot who approached who - her two appointments thus far have been excellent.....

I’ve explained my views before.

Basically Lennon came in and toughened us up as a club. If we’ve got rid cause he upset a few players then I think we’ve made a massive mistake.

Just the way I see it, in abbreviated form, to spare everyone reading my nonsense again :greengrin

greenflyer
28-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Jackson writes like a constipated Glasgow hingaboot. A walloper who tries to ingratiate himself with a certain reader as if he has more knowledge and insight than he actually does.:tumble:

gillythehibby
28-01-2019, 08:06 PM
FFS, just when you thought this cluster**** of a bucket of poisonous sick couldn't become more toxic that rears its head.

All that's missing now is a shooter on the grassy knoll and Lord Lucan.

😂😂👍

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 08:07 PM
Jackson writes like a constipated Glasgow hingaboot. A walloper who tries to ingratiate himself with a certain reader as if he has more knowledge and insight than he actually does.:tumble:

Let's just say his wait for a Man Booker prize may be a lengthy one.

jacomo
Tbf every football club needs to have a succession plan in place for its manager. Especially one who threatens to quit when results don’t go their way.

brog

With regard to info in the accounts, I posted a few days ago that our wage bill actually increased by 55% in the 3 year period to June 2018 & my information is there was a significant increase again this season. The accounts actually stated the increase last year was associated with the playing squad. The accounts also confirm that signing on fees are included in the wage bill in the year they're paid. I believe NL has been backed but I believe money may still have played a role in this sorry affair. It's possible that NL's treatment of Kamberi in particular & Milligan to a lesser extent may have been influenced by his knowledge of the money these guys are receiving this season in wages & signing on fees.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 08:14 PM
With regard to info in the accounts, I posted a few days ago that our wage bill actually increased by 55% in the 3 year period to June 2018 & my information is there was a significant increase again this season. The accounts actually stated the increase last year was associated with the playing squad. The accounts also confirm that signing on fees are included in the wage bill in the year they're paid. I believe NL has been backed but I still believe money may still have played a role in this sorry affair. It's possible that NL's treatment of Kamberi in particular & Milligan to a lesser extent may have been influenced by his knowledge of the money these guys are receiving this season in wages & signing on fees.

This is at the nub of it for me.

Been backed, wanted more and wasn't getting it and couldn't get the best he'd bought to the level they should be at.

He's out the door which is all very well but will we now be able to get consistent performances from those two and others at a level we have a right to expect and are paying handsomely for?

Tyler Durden
28-01-2019, 08:24 PM
With regard to info in the accounts, I posted a few days ago that our wage bill actually increased by 55% in the 3 year period to June 2018 & my information is there was a significant increase again this season. The accounts actually stated the increase last year was associated with the playing squad. The accounts also confirm that signing on fees are included in the wage bill in the year they're paid. I believe NL has been backed but I still believe money may still have played a role in this sorry affair. It's possible that NL's treatment of Kamberi in particular & Milligan to a lesser extent may have been influenced by his knowledge of the money these guys are receiving this season in wages & signing on fees.

The increase in wage bill would largely be mirrored by a commensurate increase in turnover though wouldn't it?

The wages to turnover ratio would be the key metric and I'd be sceptical of that having changed much. My expectation is we could push our wage bill a bit further again - a risk worth taking with some good assets (Porteous, Boyle, Kamberi) on our books that can be cashed in further down the line.

nonshinyfinish
28-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Let's just say his wait for a Man Booker prize may be a lengthy one.

Well that's certainly true... the Booker prize is currently seeking a new sponsor.

madhatter
28-01-2019, 08:39 PM

Basically Lennon came in and toughened us up as a club. If we’ve got rid cause he upset a few players then I think we’ve made a massive mistake.

Just the way I see it, in abbreviated form, to spare everyone reading my nonsense again :greengrin

How did Lennon toughen us up as a club? Not being funny but this winning mentality stuff is a difficult one for me to understand. It almost makes it sound like Stubbs and previous coaches and managers weren’t that fussed with winning. We fought back from losing positions numerous times under Stubbs.

For me “toughened us up as a club” can only be based on 2 good seasons and sound bites in interviews. Stubbs had us playing good football and won us the cup, in my opinion surely he toughened us up as a club as well then? Everybody, even Lennon has said what fans wanted to hear in interviews. Players will do the same.

How does one even measure the toughening of a club anyway?
Lennon has undoubtably done well at the club, but to put it in context I’d personally take Mowbray’s boy band team over what we’ve suffered the last 3-4months. Toughening up and winning mentality only mean something when you win.

brog
28-01-2019, 08:40 PM
The increase in wage bill would largely be mirrored by a commensurate increase in turnover though wouldn't it?

The wages to turnover ratio would be the key metric and I'd be sceptical of that having changed much. My expectation is we could push our wage bill a bit further again - a risk worth taking with some good assets (Porteous, Boyle, Kamberi) on our books that can be cashed in further down the line.

You're correct, the wages to turnover ratio actually declined last season. In fact this was mentioned to me as the rationale for another decent increase this season. Well into double figures I believe.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Well that's certainly true... the Booker prize is currently seeking a new sponsor.

Unless it changes from Booker to 5hitter he's still got no chance.

theonlywayisup
28-01-2019, 08:54 PM

I'm sure you could make that comment at many posters on Hibs.net, those who can't wait to knock the club, the manager, the players, the fans etc.

WhileTheChief..
28-01-2019, 08:55 PM
How did Lennon toughen us up as a club? Not being funny but this winning mentality stuff for me is a difficult one for me to understand. It almost makes it sound like Stubbs and previous coaches and managers weren’t that fussed with winning. We fought back from losing positions numerous times under Stubbs.

For me “toughened us up as a club” can only be based on 2 good seasons and sound bites in interviews. Stubbs had us playing good football and won us the cup, in my opinion surely he toughened us up as a club as well then? Everybody, even Lennon has said what fans wanted to hear in interviews. Players will do the same.

Lennon has undoubtably done well at the club, but to put it in context I’d personally take Mowbray’s boy band team over what we’ve suffered the last 3-4months. Toughening up and winning mentality only mean something when you win.

Forget I said anything. I’m done and moving on.
I’ve done denial and anger. On to whatever the next stage is now:cb

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Mixu, end of season?

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 08:58 PM

Love mate 💚💚

Peevemor
28-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Mixu, end of season?

I wondered about him too.

scoopyboy
28-01-2019, 09:01 PM

I don't believe that to be the case.

Peevemor
28-01-2019, 09:02 PM
I don't believe that to be the case.

Neither do I.

Fergos
28-01-2019, 09:03 PM

I can see the point you make but if NL has toughened us up, a measure of this would have been a win Tynecastle. Instead we got what we got post match and a consider his position comment.

I like NL, would have given him until the end of the season to get us going again but that looks as likely as a medal in Leveins home cabinet. He signed 32 players in 2 and half years. Most, not all, not good enough, never or hardly played or underperformed. All this with the same recruitment team that supported Stubbsy who brought in SJM, Dylan, Dom, Boyle, Stokes, Allan, Daz etc. Signed some not so good too of course but he made a spine of a team that NL couldn’t do in his time here.

Keep the faith, GGTTH.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 09:05 PM
I wondered about him too.

He’s a better coach now, loves the club. Can organise a team. Ticks lots of boxes.

madhatter
28-01-2019, 09:07 PM
He’s a better coach now, loves the club. Can organise a team. Ticks lots of boxes.

He’s unemployed at the moment as well, no?

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 09:10 PM
He’s unemployed at the moment as well, no?

Not for 2 or 3 days 😉

bingo70
28-01-2019, 09:17 PM

In what way can he organise a team? I remember his Hibs team playing a game against Calley thistle I think it was and we basically had five defenders and five attackers, it was a shambles.

Since then he did a good job at Killie but I can’t remember anything else of note, had a disaster at Dundee Utd I think?

Saturday Boy
28-01-2019, 09:19 PM
If you have to ask the question you were obviously never in Gatsby's.

Just catching up on this thread after charging my phone.

Gatsby’s? I’m having so many flashbacks, I’ve had to look for the paracetamol 😱😄

jacomo
28-01-2019, 09:31 PM
In what way can he organise a team? I remember his Hibs team playing a game against Calley thistle I think it was and we basically had five defenders and five attackers, it was a shambles.

Since then he did a good job at Killie but I can’t remember anything else of note, had a disaster at Dundee Utd I think?

I remember a game at ER (against Killie?) where we basically had our entire team working the left of the pitch and maybe one player on the right. And Mixu saying he wanted us to play like Barcelona...

Still, I love the guy and the thought of Mixu the manager 2.0 - improved in every way - is appealing.

500miles
28-01-2019, 09:31 PM

Not convinced it's been the managers that were the issue at United.

Smartie
28-01-2019, 09:32 PM
If this was the case and Leeann felt it was too good an opportunity then she's maybe made a wee mistake there. I can see what the attraction was in appointing Lennon, maybe easier to attract higher profile players, his record as a manager in Scotland and his winning mentality but there was always the downsides to appointing Lennon. Wearing his heart too much on his sleeve, his volatile nature and his fall out with authority( SFA ) on numerous occasions, these were not part of the make up that was identified as being Hibs Head Coach material.

I've been critical of Lennon lately but I don't think we'll ever look upon his appointment as a mistake.

It ended in tears but we had too much fun along the way for me to think that.

Smartie
28-01-2019, 09:35 PM

He learnt a lot before Killie but had a horror show at United.

I love the big man and I'd be happy to see him get the gig until the end of the season.

He was at Hibs at a tough time before - we were flogging good players for big bucks and not replacing them, and it was also very early in his career.

Kato
28-01-2019, 09:45 PM
How did Lennon toughen us up as a club? Not being funny but this winning mentality stuff is a difficult one for me to understand. It almost makes it sound like Stubbs and previous coaches and managers weren’t that fussed with winning. We fought back from losing positions numerous times under Stubbs.

The common factor is McGinn. He toughened us up.

Callum_62
28-01-2019, 09:56 PM

he finished up at Latvia the end of 2018

Team Nat From To Record
G W D L GF GA GD Win %
Cowdenbeath Scotland August 2005 21 October 2006 51 29 7 15 111 62 +49 56.86
TPS Finland October 2006 2007 34 15 5 14 57 41 +16 44.12
Hibernian Scotland 10 January 2008 24 May 2009 62 19 18 25 68 74 −6 30.65
Kilmarnock Scotland 23 June 2010 31 March 2011 34 15 6 13 55 44 +11 44.12
Finland Finland 31 March 2011 14 June 2015 44 17 11 16 54 54 +0 38.64
Dundee United Scotland 14 October 2015 4 May 2016 29 8 4 17 29 45 −16 27.59
Ubon UMT United Thailand 12 January 201822 April 2018 11 2 1 8 12 18 −6 18.18
Latvia Latvia 10 May 2018 31 December 2018 9 1 5 3 5 10 −5 11.11
Total 272 106 57 109 391 347 +44 38.97

jacomo
28-01-2019, 09:59 PM
I've been critical of Lennon lately but I don't think we'll ever look upon his appointment as a mistake.

It ended in tears but we had too much fun along the way for me to think that.

s2hart
28-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Mixu, end of season?

Why not John Collins? 🤔

The Leith Dutch
28-01-2019, 10:35 PM

I strongly suspect this will be the case.

Getting the new long (or should that be "long"?) term prospect in now isn't a great start.
No real chance to change players or build much momentum - could have a really good run still finish in what would be regarded as a crappy position by most of the support and then still have to deal with a revamp in the summer.

In many ways I'd prefer a caretaker appointment - it would be little short of miraculous to turn this season into anything other than a write off in terms of how it finishes.

Criswell
28-01-2019, 10:44 PM
I think it is time the Board came out and gave us some clarification on the Neil Lennon situation.

Callum_62
28-01-2019, 10:48 PM
I think it is time the Board came out and gave us some clarification on the Neil Lennon situation.

I suspect they will, but not until late tomorrow or into Wednesday

jacomo
28-01-2019, 10:48 PM

The comms team spent all day ignoring the elephant in the room.

DickieDastardly
28-01-2019, 10:57 PM
I can see the point you make but if NL has toughened us up, a measure of this would have been a win Tynecastle. Instead we got what we got post match and a consider his position comment.

I like NL, would have given him until the end of the season to get us going again but that looks as likely as a medal in Leveins home cabinet. He signed 32 players in 2 and half years. Most, not all, not good enough, never or hardly played or underperformed. All this with the same recruitment team that supported Stubbsy who brought in SJM, Dylan, Dom, Boyle, Stokes, Allan, Daz etc. Signed some not so good too of course but he made a spine of a team that NL couldn’t do in his time here.

Keep the faith, GGTTH.
missed the best signing of all SDG....

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 10:58 PM
I've genuinely no idea why people keep stating this. Until there is an agreement they will say next to nothing and rightly so. Even a basic understanding of the law would tell you why.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Players are back at training tomorrow, I fully expect an announcement lunch time or around then.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 11:25 PM
I've genuinely no idea why people keep stating this. Until there is an agreement they will say next to nothing and rightly so. Even a basic understanding of the law would tell you why.

The board can clarify that the head coach at this time has been suspended from his duties. Eddie May and Alan Combe will continue to take the team in the interim.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Players are back at training tomorrow, I fully expect an announcement lunch time or around then.

Hopefully a signing 😜

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Hopefully a signing 😜

It would be about time.

Hi Heid Yin
29-01-2019, 12:54 AM

I think you will find that "depression" and "Acceptance" are the next two stages.

DADA = Denial, Anger, Depression and Acceptance

HoboHarry
29-01-2019, 12:58 AM
I think you will find that "depression" and "Acceptance" are the next two stages.

In my teenage years I had a couple of weans say that to me and I didn't feel any of those emotions - it was outright fear and terror and some really fast running and louping fences like Ed Moses at his best.....

mjhibby
29-01-2019, 03:12 AM
It could that Lennon had been warned previously regards his behaviour and that's what it sounds like. In other words he's not suspended for the one incident but a few instances. Maybe sdg is telling the truth and any incident happened after the players meeting.
I would think the issue was that Lennon is very passionate and kamberi looks very laid back hence he was on his case. It seems just that may be the reason for the bother plus flo is still very young and is probably feeling the pressure with him being the main striker and our two wide men out injured. God knows how it will be resolved but I wouldn't hold my breath re signings bar Allan in.

Jim44
29-01-2019, 03:56 AM
It could that Lennon had been warned previously regards his behaviour and that's what it sounds like. In other words he's not suspended for the one incident but a few instances. Maybe sdg is telling the truth and any incident happened after the players meeting.
I would think the issue was that Lennon is very passionate and kamberi looks very laid back hence he was on his case. It seems just that may be the reason for the bother plus flo is still very young and is probably feeling the pressure with him being the main striker and our two wide men out injured. God knows how it will be resolved but I wouldn't hold my breath re signings bar Allan in.

:agree: I’ll be very surprised if we get any players in now, even SA. That’s because of the present crisis and the likelihood that they will think that what we have will see us tread water, see out the season and survive around 7th/8th position. Personally I think it’s a huge risk.

houstonhibbee
29-01-2019, 04:42 AM
May be true or fair but not the issue here. He’s not been suspended for poor prerformance but for a serious issue that is being investigated

Fergos
29-01-2019, 05:18 AM
missed the best signing of all SDG....

I shall slap myself across El Face for this unacceptable mistake.

Very true, Stubbsys first signing! All hail SDG.

GGTTH

One Day Soon
29-01-2019, 07:43 AM
Just catching up on this thread after charging my phone.

Gatsby’s? I’m having so many flashbacks, I’ve had to look for the paracetamol 😱😄

I'm on tenterhooks here waiting for the Millionaire's references...

Salisbury Hibby
29-01-2019, 07:52 AM
Brendan Rodgers saying on Sportsound that players are straight onto their agents. Agents are straight onto HR.

Interesting...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
29-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Brendan Rodgers saying on Sportsound that players are straight onto their agents. Agents are straight onto HR.

Interesting...

Quite why BR feels the need to comment is beyond me.

GloryGlory
29-01-2019, 08:02 AM

Interesting...

In what context? If the manager criticises their performance?

greenpaper55
29-01-2019, 08:17 AM
Fair criticism is ok if it's handled properly, if it's a sustained verbal attack on a person and involves screaming abuse at that person then they would be quite right to take matters to a higher level. It does not matter what business you are in you cannot do this nowadays and i'm all for it myself.

hibsbollah
29-01-2019, 08:21 AM

Interesting...

I think that sequence of events is fairly obvious. I don't need Rodgers to tell me that.

It's time Sauzee was unveiled as the new manager, we stopped all this looking in the rearview mirror and got on with the business of regaining the cup and ****ing the Hertz:flag:

J-C
29-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Fair criticism is ok if it's handled properly, if it's a sustained verbal attack on a person and involves screaming abuse at that person then they would be quite right to take matters to a higher level. It does not matter what business you are in you cannot do this nowadays and i'm all for it myself.

There seems to have been an on going verbal attack against Flo by Lennon and probably Parker for a fairly long time, even though most of the time the majority of the team has been bad, it seems to be that Lennon has been singling out Flo for the brunt of the criticism. We all called it bullying when Butcher was doing the same to young Harris and the like previously and if Lennon has been seen to be doing the same, it's still called bullying.

The catalyst to him being suspended has been the meeting afterwards with Leeann, I believe it was fairly heated but Lennon as we all know is a very volatile character and if rumours are to be believed he's been handed a couple of warnings already re his behaviour, maybe just one too many this time.

Davy Mac
29-01-2019, 08:29 AM

Correct, in my experience, there are two types of disciplinary routes - Performance or Behaviour.

Performance is very difficult to measure as expectations can be often differ depending on size of club/budgets but there will be KPI in place I.e. finish top 6 or top 4 etc, etc.

Behaviour, this is the main route for most businesses to go down, bullying, intimidation, harassment are complete no-no's these days, yes the boss is entitled to raise concerns and in NL case, he is very direct with this but these days you have to be very careful what you say. If Flo has taken the brunt of the recent performances then this is very unfair and Hibs will have to deal with it the modern way and that's firstly investigate.

The interesting thing is, that NL is only being investigated, that doesn't mean he will lose his job. There is a lot of assumptions at the moment but legally, he has not lost his job and he could actually stay and he would be well within his rights to do so if the investigation doesn't deem to require further disciplinary action.

But NL appears to be a very proud man and not quite sure if he will be mature or accept his management style is being questioned.

Just my take on it.

Salisbury Hibby
29-01-2019, 08:31 AM
I think that sequence of events is fairly obvious. I don't need Rodgers to tell me that.

It's time Sauzee was unveiled as the new manager, we stopped all this looking in the rearview mirror and got on with the business of regaining the cup and ****ing the Hertz:flag:Sorry for making an obvious point. But I think it's a bit of a Freudian slip on Rodgers' part.

Although why he couldn't say it's not anything to do with Celtic and it's inappropriate for him to comment.

Whoever is the next head coach, I'd prefer no Celtic connection.

Hibrandenburg
29-01-2019, 08:32 AM
Why not John Collins? 🤔

You'd have to get rid of Rod first.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2019, 08:33 AM

Followed by Commitment 👍

flash
29-01-2019, 08:34 AM
You'd have to get rid of Rod first.

Sounds like a plan.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2019, 09:03 AM

Interesting...

What does that mean?

Straight onto their agents about what?

Salisbury Hibby
29-01-2019, 09:10 AM
What does that mean?

Straight onto their agents about what?If they have any grievance they feel they can't take through the club. Listen to yesterday's Sportsound podcast.

calumhibee1
29-01-2019, 09:13 AM
If they have any grievance they feel they can't take through the club. Listen to yesterday's Sportsound podcast.

Which is the way it should be. Is he suggesting it’s a bad thing?

Wakeyhibee
29-01-2019, 09:16 AM
Sorry for making an obvious point. But I think it's a bit of a Freudian slip on Rodgers' part.

Although why he couldn't say it's not anything to do with Celtic and it's inappropriate for him to comment.

Whoever is the next head coach, I'd prefer no Celtic connection.

Rodgers gets asked for his opinion on the pies at Brechin, like he's the sole voice of Scottish football. Not his fault he gets asked but he should have the nous to pass up all comments that don't regard Celtic.

Steve Clarke was brilliant on the radio the other day on the media's line of questioning re: Greg Stewart. BR should take note.

hibbyfraelibby
29-01-2019, 09:17 AM

It is called succession planning and good practice in any business

Diclonius
29-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Looks like Hibs are back to being slated by the media at every opportunity now we've gotten rid of one of their pals.

hibbyfraelibby
29-01-2019, 09:19 AM

Wonder where Rodders was when his pub got tourched?

Salisbury Hibby
29-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Which is the way it should be. Is he suggesting it’s a bad thing?He was saying that's the way it is these days. He didn't say or suggest it was good or bad.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2019, 09:28 AM
There seems to have been an on going verbal attack against Flo by Lennon and probably Parker for a fairly long time, even though most of the time the majority of the team has been bad, it seems to be that Lennon has been singling out Flo for the brunt of the criticism. We all called it bullying when Butcher was doing the same to young Harris and the like previously and if Lennon has been seen to be doing the same, it's still called bullying.

I was hugely shocked by Friday's news and I was reeling for 24 hours, but having had time to digest things, I completely agree with you.

Bullying is self defeating and destructive. Unless NL lifted his hands or threw a chair or made homophobic remarks to the CEO then it must be taken as read that previous warnings have been issued.

That's not hard to believe given his inability to heed warnings and punishments from the football authorities.

I loved the guy and his passion, but I always wanted him to retain his self control, even if things had gone against us.

I'm not sure his outbursts and touchline bans ever did us any favours.

The King is dead. Long live the King, when he decides to turn up, that is.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Wonder where Rodders was when his pub got tourched?

:tee hee:

hibbie02
29-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Apologies.
For the record , I had the wrong Twitter user.

Why would anyone set up a false Kano Twitter account?

MyJo
29-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Correct, in my experience, there are two types of disciplinary routes - Performance or Behaviour.

Performance is very difficult to measure as expectations can be often differ depending on size of club/budgets but there will be KPI in place I.e. finish top 6 or top 4 etc, etc.

Behaviour, this is the main route for most businesses to go down, bullying, intimidation, harassment are complete no-no's these days, yes the boss is entitled to raise concerns and in NL case, he is very direct with this but these days you have to be very careful what you say. If Flo has taken the brunt of the recent performances then this is very unfair and Hibs will have to deal with it the modern way and that's firstly investigate.

The interesting thing is, that NL is only being investigated, that doesn't mean he will lose his job. There is a lot of assumptions at the moment but legally, he has not lost his job and he could actually stay and he would be well within his rights to do so if the investigation doesn't deem to require further disciplinary action.

But NL appears to be a very proud man and not quite sure if he will be mature or accept his management style is being questioned.

Just my take on it.

Lennon won't be back.

The outcome of the investigations being done will determine if he needs to be sacked or not.

If it comes back that he hasn't done something to justify sacking him outright then he will be offered a severance package to cancel the rest of his contract.

Even if he isn't sacked and wanted to take the job back I think his relationship with the club and board has deteriorated to the extent that he wouldn't be welcomed and would have to be put on gardening leave to see out his contract.

brog
29-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Rodgers gets asked for his opinion on the pies at Brechin, like he's the sole voice of Scottish football. Not his fault he gets asked but he should have the nous to pass up all comments that don't regard Celtic.

Steve Clarke was brilliant on the radio the other day on the media's line of questioning re: Greg Stewart. BR should take note.

TBF to Rodgers he did say Hibs are a fantastic club. We can't really complain about him commenting on our club given NL was an ever present for comments on all things Celtc.

GloryGlory
29-01-2019, 10:03 AM
That's not hard to believe given his inability to heed warnings and punishments from the football authorities.

I think his past misdemeanours could be part of any disciplinary case against him, not just the alleged fracas on Friday - who knows, he may already have had warnings already about his behaviour.

Hibeesmad
29-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Luke Shanley live at Easter Road now on SSN. Says the board met this morning and a settlement is close to being agreed

GloryGlory
29-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Luke Shanley just on SSN: Board met this morning, scheduled meeting.

Hibs and Lennon understood to be close to a settlement.

Diclonius
29-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Good. Let's get this over with and focus completely on what manager and players can take us forward.

GloryGlory
29-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Possible there will be a statement later today, according to Luke Shanley just now.

calumhibee1
29-01-2019, 12:16 PM
Possible there will be a statement later today, according to Luke Shanley just now.

Fingers crossed then we can move on.

Wakeyhibee
29-01-2019, 12:28 PM
TBF to Rodgers he did say Hibs are a fantastic club. We can't really complain about him commenting on our club given NL was an ever present for comments on all things Celtc.

Fair play, probably noticed BR more with us and other clubs over the past couple of seasons. But granted to NL was drawn on Celtic questions too.

I still like Steve Clarke's approach in a lot of cases.

Hibeesmad
29-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Fair play, probably noticed BR more with us and other clubs over the past couple of seasons. But granted to NL was drawn on Celtic questions too.

I still like Steve Clarke's approach in a lot of cases.

Clarke is hilarious with some of his comments, he has no time for the SFA at all

Callum_62
29-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Looking at our fixtures id imagine the board will want someone in place by either the Raith game on 9th Feb or the Hamilton game a week later

Its obvious Eddie May doesn’t want to be in that position so I think we need to be fairly swift