PDA

View Full Version : MacLaren going?

Forza Fred
28-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Press report in Oz stating Melbourne City hope to have Jamie MacLaren in their side this coming Sunday

Sproule Three
28-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Press report in Oz stating Melbourne City hope to have Jamie MacLaren in their side this coming Sunday

I posted this in transfer thread .
Here’s link

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/city-fume-at-offside-goal-hope-to-get-maclaren-for-sydney-game-20190127-p50txd.html

Diclonius
28-01-2019, 10:06 AM
This is the last thing we need. If the Lennon situation apparently means all our transfer ins have to come to a complete halt, we should not be letting one of our strikers go. We'll need him if we can't get anyone in.

Heisenberg
28-01-2019, 10:07 AM
This is the last thing we need. If the Lennon situation apparently means all our transfer ins have to come to a complete halt, we should not be letting one of our strikers go. We'll need him if we can't get anyone in.

We surely must have something lined up is he’s being allowed to go.

Forza Fred
28-01-2019, 10:08 AM
I posted this in transfer thread .
Here’s link

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/city-fume-at-offside-goal-hope-to-get-maclaren-for-sydney-game-20190127-p50txd.html

You scooped me by two minutes👏

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Is Milligan back in Scotland after Australia’s exit last week?

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Hope not but if it helps gets news guys in....

DH1875
28-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Hope not but if it helps gets news guys in....

Which new guys? Can't see anyone coming while we don't have a manager. Which is why, we can't really be letting anyone leave, especially in an area of the park where we are short.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Which new guys? Can't see anyone coming while we don't have a manager. Which is why, we can't really be letting anyone leave, especially in an area of the park where we are short.

Nobody knows what the next few days may bring but certainly if we don’t bring anyone in it would be daft to move Jamie on, unless a term of his loan is he can be sold mid season

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 03:35 PM

Would be silly to let anyone leave before a new manager comes in especially as we are short on numbers as it is. I think we could still encourage players to sign if we explain in detail our plans following recent events. Will still be difficult however

roo62
28-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Do Hibs have a say in whether Maclaren moves? Is it not between Darmstadt and Jamie whether he goes or not?

Ozyhibby
28-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Do Hibs have a say in whether Maclaren moves? Is it not between Darmstadt and Jamie whether he goes or not?

No, we have a say. I think he has been told he can leave though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
28-01-2019, 03:49 PM

Can we retract that after Friday's events?

DH1875
28-01-2019, 03:50 PM

It depends on the conditions of the loan. If Darmstadt have a clause in it saying they can recall him then they can recall him, if they don't, they can't without us giving them the go ahead. Also, depends how long he's supposed to be here for (I cant remember).
For example: Think rangers have a player on loan from Forrest who Forrest tried to recall but the rangers have told them to bolt and that he's staying with them.

HibbyKeith
28-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Is Milligan back in Scotland after Australia’s exit last week?Id imagine so Billy, JM was/is back in edinburgh as of a couple of days ago,he posted on his instagram story with him back greeting his dog saying something along the lines of "its been a month

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
28-01-2019, 04:35 PM
If Marenn goes Hibs must have someone lined up to come in as we can’t go to the end of the Deason with only Kamberi and Shaw I know we have ZLewis Allan but he has yet to score for first team so can’t expect him to suddenly start producing

JimBHibees
28-01-2019, 04:44 PM
If Marenn goes Hibs must have someone lined up to come in as we can’t go to the end of the Deason with only Kamberi and Shaw I know we have ZLewis Allan but he has yet to score for first team so can’t expect him to suddenly start producing

If McLaren goes would assume 2 strikers coming in,

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 04:46 PM

Perhaps not if he’s being sold back home.

CMurdoch
28-01-2019, 04:48 PM
It will be an interesting few days.
Lewis Allan not even close to the required standard so if we lose MacLaren we are down to Kamberi & Shaw which is absurd.
If it is in Hibs power to keep MacLaren I can't see him moving.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-01-2019, 04:48 PM
If McLaren goes would assume 2 strikers coming in,

At least

JimBHibees
28-01-2019, 05:01 PM
At least

Yes indeed.

jacomo
28-01-2019, 05:57 PM
At least

How many do you want?!

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2019, 06:00 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf they have an option to recall him we don't have a say. If they don't then it would be upto the clubs to work something out.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 06:02 PM
How many do you want?!

7. Magic number and all that.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 06:04 PM
If they have an option to recall him we don't have a say. If they don't then it would be upto the clubs to work something out.

I asked that a couple of months ago when I heard the interest in Jamie Mac, if the parent club wants to sell a player on loan what happens? The reply was if they want to sell there’s nothing the loanee club can do.

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2019, 06:23 PM
I asked that a couple of months ago when I heard the interest in Jamie Mac, if the parent club wants to sell a player on loan what happens? The reply was if they want to sell there’s nothing the loanee club can do.There is though, if he is agreed to be here on loan then we can keep him. Remember Dundee United wanting Anier back? It was up to us.

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 06:24 PM
There is though, if he is agreed to be here on loan then we can keep him. Remember Dundee United wanting Anier back? It was up to us.
Same with Scott Bain was it not? That deal couldn't have gone forward without our agreement....

we are hibs
28-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Still 1 (2 If Maclaren goes) strikers short and I would like another centre half in. I have a feeling we might get a couple of free agents after Thursday.

ian cruise
28-01-2019, 06:30 PM
I asked that a couple of months ago when I heard the interest in Jamie Mac, if the parent club wants to sell a player on loan what happens? The reply was if they want to sell there’s nothing the loanee club can do.

Must depend on the terms of the loan. There's two recent examples with differing outcomes.

Greg Stewart. Season long loans cut short as parent club wanted him back to then loan him out to a rival. No way Killie agreed to that.

Jason Cummings. Loaned to Peterbrough on a season long loan, club want rid but contract says it's up to them to find a replacement club or he's their problem.

Centre Hawf
28-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Must depend on the terms of the loan. There's two recent examples with differing outcomes.

Greg Stewart. Season long loans cut short as parent club wanted him back to then loan him out to a rival. No way Killie agreed to that.

Jason Cummings. Loaned to Peterbrough on a season long loan, club want rid but contract says it's up to them to find a replacement club or he's their problem.

There’s no one size fits all to loans. Each deal will have different clauses to suit whoever.

ian cruise
28-01-2019, 07:04 PM
There’s no one size fits all to loans. Each deal will have different clauses to suit whoever.

That's the point I was trying to make.

Forza Fred
28-01-2019, 08:32 PM

:top marks

GoalsMcGinley
29-01-2019, 08:26 AM
1 out 1 is not what we need. An additional front man to compete with who is here is required

Hibeesmad
29-01-2019, 08:40 AM
I would like MacLaren to stay

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2019, 08:41 AM
Depends on whether we are able to agree a deal for McNulty.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-01-2019, 08:46 AM

I think we need both of them

We've been very thin on the ground for strikers this season

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2019, 08:59 AM
I think we need both of them

We've been very thin on the ground for strikers this season

Fair point, but if reports are to be believed McClaren would be happy to return to Oz.

GloryGlory
29-01-2019, 09:04 AM

Depends on the deal with Darmstadt as well. Hibs may not have any say if Darmstadt accept an offer from another club.

Greenbeard
29-01-2019, 09:16 AM
I would like MacLaren to stay
Same. Said it before, the FloMac combo has not had a decent chance this season, what with one or the other carrying an injury, poor service from midfield, Mac bench-warming (Lennon fall out?), Kambo not firing, one up front, etc.
I'd really like to see them given a chance with Gauld and Omeonga midfield, maybe Allan too, and Wee Tam Pong wide.

flash
29-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Be interesting to know if the Aussies are back training today.

greenpaper55
29-01-2019, 09:47 AM
A cold day at EM or the Ausie coast ! hmmm decisions decisions.

Sproule Three
29-01-2019, 11:02 AM
A cold day at EM or the Ausie coast ! hmmm decisions decisions.

Melbourne is a hole though 😉
Not that I’m biased due to living in Sydney

delbert
29-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Melbourne is a hole though 😉
Not that I’m biased due to living in Sydney

Melbourne is a fantastic city, bloody stunning !

Sproule Three
29-01-2019, 12:40 PM

When you get indoctrinated into the Aus tribalism it’s not -;)

I like it ( but don’t freely admit it)

matty_f
29-01-2019, 12:44 PM

It does depend on the terms of the loan. :agree:

Diclonius
29-01-2019, 12:50 PM

What are our terms?

HoboHarry
29-01-2019, 12:52 PM
What are our terms?
You honestly think anyone on here knows?

Sean1875
29-01-2019, 04:43 PM

:agree: lived and worked there for just under a year and was probably the best year of my life - easily my favourite city on the globe (Edinburgh aside of course :wink: )

Hope the Charles Dickens boys are all well if any of you are reading! :aok:

Sproule Three
30-01-2019, 11:38 AM
:agree: lived and worked there for just under a year and was probably the best year of my life - easily my favourite city on the globe (Edinburgh aside of course :wink: )

Hope the Charles Dickens boys are all well if any of you are reading! :aok:
They’re obviously too well . Thought some would have taken the bait on my Melbourne comment. 😉

ozhibs
30-01-2019, 09:46 PM
They’re obviously too well . Thought some would have taken the bait on my Melbourne comment. 😉

I love Melbourne but too interested in what's happening at ER :wink: Sydney has the oomph factor with the harbour But Melbourne miles better for sport, coffee & food.

Forza Fred
30-01-2019, 09:57 PM
I love Melbourne but too interested in what's happening at ER :wink: Sydney has the oomph factor with the harbour But Melbourne miles better for sport, coffee & food.

Oomph factor!?

Oh, I DO like it when you talk dirty.............😋

FifeHibs
30-01-2019, 10:00 PM
Any rumours of Milligan going back to Australia at end of the season

ozhibs
30-01-2019, 10:15 PM

I'M hoping Milligan comes back and plays like he did when he first arrived. McLaren can go to Oz but only if we can get 2 more strikers in

FifeHibs
30-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Milligan hasn't settled in Edinburgh, although maybe a fresh start with a new manager would be suit him.
I presume he would be one of the higher earners in the squad due to his CV. Not shown anything to want to keep him beyond this season

Forza Fred
30-01-2019, 10:23 PM

I would have thought that would be most likely be the call of our new manager.

FifeHibs
30-01-2019, 10:24 PM
I would have thought that would be most likely be the call of our new manager.

Wasn't sure if any teams in Australia had been showing interest like Jamie

Sproule Three
30-01-2019, 10:36 PM
Wasn't sure if any teams in Australia had been showing interest like Jamie

He wants to challenge himself elsewhere .
He’s done it all in the A league and more.
Any Aus team would have him but not sure if he would get the big wage that he had at Melbourne Victory . .

FifeHibs
30-01-2019, 10:42 PM
He wants to challenge himself elsewhere .
He’s done it all in the A league and more.
Any Aus team would have him but not sure if he would get the big wage that he had at Melbourne Victory . .

Would you take up the option of his 2nd year?

Franck Stanton
30-01-2019, 10:50 PM
Would you take up the option of his 2nd year?

Certainly not at the asking price of £400k

FifeHibs
30-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Certainly not at the asking price of £400k

Apologise if I have got confused but if Hibs were to take the option of activating Milligans 2 year of his contract it would cost £400k? Is that the package including wages for the 2nd year?

HoboHarry
31-01-2019, 12:27 AM
Apologise if I have got confused but if Hibs were to take the option of activating Milligans 2 year of his contract it would cost £400k? Is that the package including wages for the 2nd year?
Believe the 400k is for McLaren payable to Darmstadt if we took up the option....

Forza Fred
31-01-2019, 01:51 AM
Media report in Oz stating that Hibs have agreed that MacLaren can go and that Melbourne City ‘have secured the signing of Jamie MacLaren”

I would post the link but have NFI how to do it on here.

Zazu62
31-01-2019, 01:54 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXFOOTBALL/status/1090764426406313985

SteveHFC
31-01-2019, 02:03 AM
Media report in Oz stating that Hibs have agreed that MacLaren can go and that Melbourne City ‘have secured the signing of Jamie MacLaren”

Really hope we have a striker or 2 incoming.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2019, 07:29 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXFOOTBALL/status/1090764426406313985

If it does happen then it would need to be confirmed fairly soon since it's already almost 6:30pm in Melbourne.

Hamish
31-01-2019, 09:25 AM
ESPN reporting there are rumours of Milligan wanting back home as well.

SMAXXA
31-01-2019, 09:28 AM

That’s a guarantee like and regardless how thin the squad is I’d move him on if he doesn’t want to be here and give Fraser Murray more game time

Heisenberg
31-01-2019, 09:28 AM

From what we’ve seen this season he is past it. Wouldn’t be too upset if he was to go. Probably on a decent wage too.

Callum_62
31-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Think folk are writing Milligan off far far too early

If Jamie is going we must have someone else coming in

Allant1981
31-01-2019, 09:57 AM
From what we’ve seen this season he is past it. Wouldn’t be too upset if he was to go. Probably on a decent wage too.

Apart from when almost everyone was raving about him and thinking it was a good bit of business

Sproule Three
31-01-2019, 09:57 AM

3 hours to go in window in Aus .
I’ce still to find official confirmation that he’s signed for Melbourne city

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 09:59 AM
3 hours to go in window in Aus .
I’ce still to find official confirmation that he’s signed for Melbourne city

Do they definitely work to the same transfer window as us?

mcfly
31-01-2019, 10:00 AM
If this is true I would expect us to be unveiling at least 3 players today.

All we are seeing is players leaving with nothing coming in.

Easter road does not seem a happy place to be st the moment.

Hopefully today we all get a lift

makaveli1875
31-01-2019, 10:03 AM

pretty much . opened on 3/1 closes today

Sproule Three
31-01-2019, 10:06 AM

Aye It’s deadline day but I’m not too certain of closing time .
Think it’s midnight .
9pm now in Sydney .
I’m frantically checking local media sites

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Cheers gadgies :aok:

Sproule Three
31-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Cheers gadgies :aok:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/melbourne-city-nab-maclaren-with-just-hours-to-spare

Done .
Signed and Aus news gets scoop that we’ve confirmed McNulty 😂

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 10:19 AM
If Milligan and Maclaren leave with no replacements for either and we're left with three centre backs (all of whom have injury issues) and two first team strikers then we're in a potential relegation battle.

Thankfully, we aren't stupid and will have replacements lined up or won't let them leave.

flash
31-01-2019, 10:31 AM
If Milligan and Maclaren leave with no replacements for either and we're left with three centre backs (all of whom have injury issues) and two first team strikers then we're in a potential relegation battle.

Thankfully, we aren't stupid and will have replacements lined up or won't let them leave.

The only way we will be in a relegation battle is if we have to start at zero points again.

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-01-2019, 10:37 AM
A real shame J-Mac has left imo. Showed last season he can bang goals in, given the right service.

Hard to judge this season with how it's gone for almost everybody and a distinct lack of service and support from midfield.

Suspect we have a deal in place for McNulty or A.N.Other as it would be criminal to reduce our forward options.

All the best for your career Jamie, thanks for the goals last season

FifeHibs
31-01-2019, 10:40 AM

Milligan has not settled in Edinburgh best to cut out losses. He won't be here next year.

Blaster
31-01-2019, 10:43 AM
Milligan has not settled in Edinburgh best to cut out losses. He won't be here next year.

If no CB comes in today we need to keep him to the end of the season

easty
31-01-2019, 10:45 AM

We're in absolutely zero danger of a relegation battle.

We're 19 points clear of second bottom Dundee. St Mirren have 12 points, Dundee have 13, Hamilton have 14 - and that's after 23 games. For us to be dragged into a relegation battle, 2 of those 3 teams would have to win probably twice as many points in their last 15 games as they've managed to win in the 23 they've played so far. Mathematically it's possible, but it's clearly not gonna happen.

Michael
31-01-2019, 10:47 AM

We're 19 points clear of second bottom Dundee. St Mirren have 12 points, Dundee have 13, Hamilton have 14 - and that's after 23 games. For us to be dragged into a relegation battle, 2 of those 3 teams would have to win probably twice as many points in their last 15 games as they've managed to win in the 23 they've played so far. Mathematically it's possible, but it's clearly not gonna happen.

That's what I thought in 2014!

Sir David Gray
31-01-2019, 11:00 AM

We're hardly in a potential relegation battle. After 23 games Hamilton have 14 points, Dundee have 13 points and St Mirren have 12 points. Considering we currently find ourselves between 18-20 points above these teams with 15 games left, what makes you think that they are all suddenly going to get 20+ points from the last 15 games, when they've got less than that from the first 23 games?

easty
31-01-2019, 11:03 AM

We're hardly in a potential relegation battle. After 23 games Hamilton have 14 points, Dundee have 13 points and St Mirren have 12 points. Considering we currently find ourselves between 18-20 points above these teams with 15 games left, what makes you think that they are all suddenly going to get 20+ points from the last 15 games, when they've got less than that from the first 23 games?

I kind of beat you to that SDG :greengrin

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 11:20 AM

To be fair teams at the bottom end generally start picking up more points towards the end of the season. There’s no way we’ll be anywhere near relegation or playoff though.

MWHIBBIES
31-01-2019, 12:29 PM

We could play the rest of the season with no striker and we wouldn't be relegated. No chance.

Jim44
31-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Should this thread title not be amended to ‘gone’?

Sir David Gray
31-01-2019, 12:45 PM
To be fair teams at the bottom end generally start picking up more points towards the end of the season. There’s no way we’ll be anywhere near relegation or playoff though.

Yes but each of them are probably going to need to win at least 7 of their last 15 matches and that's with us losing every single match. The likelihood is Hamilton, Dundee AND St Mirren will need to win around 10 or 11 of their last 15 games to even remotely put us in danger.

If we get relegated this season then we should give up.

easty
31-01-2019, 01:36 PM
Yes but each of them are probably going to need to win at least 7 of their last 15 matches and that's with us losing every single match. The likelihood is Hamilton, Dundee AND St Mirren will need to win around 10 or 11 of their last 15 games to even remotely put us in danger.

:agree:

2 teams who've won 3(or 4)/23 games, would have to win about 10/15 in the rest of the season. It's just never going to happen.

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 01:39 PM

:agree:

Greenbeard
31-01-2019, 01:44 PM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/melbourne-city-nab-maclaren-with-just-hours-to-spare

Done .
Signed and Aus news gets scoop that we’ve confirmed McNulty 😂
??????????????
If the deal is done and the deadline has passed in Oz why no official news on either clubs website or twitter? I am hoping it is all fake news.
Oz Hibbies? (Prob asleep.)

Winston Ingram
31-01-2019, 01:54 PM
He's just posted a picture on Instagram with him sat in his house :boo hoo:

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 02:21 PM
He's just posted a picture on Instagram with him sat in his house :boo hoo:

Why is that sad?

HoboHarry
31-01-2019, 02:24 PM
So if we released him before the end of our window he would be a free agent right? Then he would be free to sign for them.....

Heisenberg
31-01-2019, 02:27 PM
So if we released him before the end of our window he would be a free agent right? Then he would be free to sign for them.....

He’s only on loan so even if we cancelled his loan deal the Aussie club now can’t sign him because their window is closed.

HoboHarry
31-01-2019, 02:35 PM
He’s only on loan so even if we cancelled his loan deal the Aussie club now can’t sign him because their window is closed.
Yes I forgot he was on loan. Both we and Darmstadt would have to tear up the contracts. Their window closing doesn't affect players who are free agents though, they can sign for anyone at any time....

PONGO
31-01-2019, 02:36 PM
A real shame J-Mac has left imo. Showed last season he can bang goals in, given the right service.

Hard to judge this season with how it's gone for almost everybody and a distinct lack of service and support from midfield.

Suspect we have a deal in place for McNulty or A.N.Other as it would be criminal to reduce our forward options.

All the best for your career Jamie, thanks for the goals last season

Totally agree

Jim44
31-01-2019, 02:39 PM

If we have severed our loan deal, he belongs to Darmstadt, so Melbourne could only have signed him from them. Unless it just hasn’t been reported for whatever reason, it would be too late to sign for Melbourne. I’m guessing that the deal has gone through but Hibs and Darmstadt just haven’t taken steps to announce it.

HoboHarry
31-01-2019, 02:42 PM
If we have severed our loan deal, he belongs to Darmstadt, so Melbourne could only have signed him from them. Unless it just hasn’t been reported for whatever reason, it would be too late to sign for Melbourne. I’m guessing that the deal has gone through but Hibs and Darmstadt just haven’t taken steps to announce it.
Yes I said the same thing above - both we and Darmstadt would have to tear up the contracts and make him a free agent.....

Iain G
31-01-2019, 02:45 PM

I heard a dingo stole the paperwork?!

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Wait why are folk acting as if he's definitely away? Just rumours no?

shamo9
31-01-2019, 02:55 PM
I've heard from a good source that there's been a change of plans and he's staying.

Putting 2 and 2 together it might mean we've failed to sign a replacement but that's just me speculating.

Jim44
31-01-2019, 03:09 PM
I've heard from a good source that there's been a change of plans and he's staying.

Putting 2 and 2 together it might mean we've failed to sign a replacement but that's just me speculating.

That’s all we need - a disaffected player who doesn’t want to be here.

RoslinInstHibby
31-01-2019, 03:18 PM

He might have had a change of heart?

dp00
31-01-2019, 03:20 PM
His insta has him sitting at home with his dog, doubt he is going anywhere

green with envy
31-01-2019, 03:23 PM

Is it a dingo by any chance?

WoreTheGreen
31-01-2019, 03:27 PM

A flat I think

Franck Stanton
31-01-2019, 03:28 PM

When McLaren returned at start of this season reported we had 1st dibs on signing him permanently at end of season. Price quoted at that time was £400k. Never worth anywhere near that imo

Jim44
31-01-2019, 03:31 PM

A flat I think

....... but is his home in Melbourne or Edinburgh? :greengrin

500miles
31-01-2019, 03:33 PM

Sproule didn't want to be here at one point, until his hattrick.

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Sproule didn't want to be here at one point, until his hattrick.

Really? Why did he want to leave after just half a year?

Waxy
31-01-2019, 05:33 PM
If we cant get a striker in we cant let him go. Simples.

ross1875
31-01-2019, 06:02 PM
If we cant get a striker in we cant let him go. Simples.

Happy to let him go if he doesn’t want to be here he’s hardly irreplaceable

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Happy to let him go if he doesn’t want to be here he’s hardly irreplaceable

He’ll be irreplaceable tomorrow though, that’s what concerns me.

ross1875
31-01-2019, 06:40 PM
He’ll be irreplaceable tomorrow though, that’s what concerns me.

Don’t understand how he must of played 3 games this season not like a big loss

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Don’t understand how he must of played 3 games this season not like a big loss

Because it would leave us with one senior striker that’s why. We need more strikers not less. He’s an Australian internationals that scores goals, he may not have contributed this season but unless we sign one or two other strikers it would be madness to let him go just now.

ross1875
31-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Because it would leave us with one senior striker that’s why. We need more strikers not less. He’s an Australian internationals that scores goals, he may not have contributed this season but unless we sign one or two other strikers it would be madness to let him go just now.

Don’t see how it’s different to any of the rest of the season

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Really? Why did he want to leave after just half a year?

He was homesick and I think he’d had a fight with Boozy on a night out that tipped him over the edge.

MWHIBBIES
31-01-2019, 07:13 PM

Shaw is a senior striker, he is better than Maclaren.

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Could it be that every thing is signed for Mac to return to Oz but a clause inserted saying it can only happen if we sign 1+ striker(s) ??

davhibby
31-01-2019, 07:18 PM
Could it be that every thing is signed for Mac to return to Oz but a clause inserted saying it can only happen if we sign 1+ striker(s) ??

It can't be. The window shut in Australia hours ago. He's not leaving

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 07:19 PM

Unless he goes to an English club?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 07:21 PM

Can he be made a free agent before midnight tonight.

That way he'd be free to sign for anyone.

Complicated given he's a loan player, though.

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Can he be made a free agent before midnight tonight.

That way he'd be free to sign for anyone.

Complicated given he's a loan player, though.

Doubt it. Contracted to Darmstadt until end of next season and they will want money for him.

BILLYHIBS
31-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Shaw is a senior striker, he is better than Maclaren.

The stats beg to differ

Maclaren played 30 scored 9

Shaw played 46 scored 11

1:3 versus 1: 4

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-01-2019, 07:26 PM

What if the contract was duly signed prior to their window closed but depended on our requirements being met RE a replacement?

flash
31-01-2019, 07:26 PM
He can still go until 11pm when the German window shuts.

HoboHarry
31-01-2019, 07:28 PM
If both Hibs and Darmstadt released him before the window closes he could go any time could he not? It sounds like he wants to go home and Darmstadt don't want him back.....

Billy Whizz
31-01-2019, 07:28 PM
The stats beg to differ

Maclaren played 30 scored 9

Shaw played 46 scored 11

1:3 versus 1: 4

Think it you added up the minutes played, rather than games, might see a difference outcome

Sir David Gray
31-01-2019, 07:29 PM

The window applies to the buying club, not the selling one.

The Australian window shut at mightnight their time which was around 6 hours or so ago.

Greenbeard
31-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Don’t see how it’s different to any of the rest of the season
Gie the lad a chance. Hasn't had the opportunity to prove his worth this season since getting over his back problem. I want to see a fully fit FloMac combo in action again, with hopefully improved service from midfield and wide.

BILLYHIBS
31-01-2019, 07:32 PM
Think it you added up the minutes played, rather than games, might see a difference outcome

Jamie 12 of the 30 as a sub
Olly 27 of the 46 as a sub

:confused:

Source: fitbastats

flash
31-01-2019, 07:34 PM
The window applies to the buying club, not the selling one.

The Australian window shut at mightnight their time which was around 6 hours or so ago.

He can.

Onceinawhile
31-01-2019, 07:45 PM
Clearly left a while ago but hibs didn't want to announce it.

I assume that it's now been leaked that it means we have someone over the line.

Wheat Hound
31-01-2019, 07:45 PM
https://twitter.com/edinburghsport/status/1091058633255858176?s=20

Aim Here
31-01-2019, 07:47 PM

From transfermarkt, Jamie's played 1646 minutes, scored 9 goals, so 1 goal per 183 minutes.
Oli played 2069 minutes, scored 11 goals, 1 goal per 188 minutes.

There's not much in it, though Jamie was much better last season, whereas Oli is, curiously, scoring faster this season than last.

Winston Ingram
31-01-2019, 07:47 PM
https://twitter.com/edinburghsport/status/1091058633255858176?s=20

Excellent news

Sir David Gray
31-01-2019, 07:48 PM
He can.

Just read that there's a FIFA loophole, apologies never heard of that.

Anyone able to expand?

flash
31-01-2019, 07:51 PM
Just read that there's a FIFA loophole, apologies never heard of that.

Anyone able to expand?

No worries just happened to see it on Twitter earlier.

BILLYHIBS
31-01-2019, 07:51 PM
EEN report says he gone but had a bust up with Lenny makes you wonder what has been going on ?

:confused:

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Excellent news

Certainly is. :agree:

Barney McGrew
31-01-2019, 07:57 PM
McLaren gone - on the EEN website

BobMilne
31-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Good news cause it most probably means we have a replacement sorted if you believe the EEN

BoyledEgg
31-01-2019, 08:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190131/9d25e48a8c2a24eb92c2373b1033e5b2.jpg

ballengeich
31-01-2019, 08:03 PM
From transfermarkt, Jamie's played 1646 minutes, scored 9 goals, so 1 goal per 183 minutes.
Oli played 2069 minutes, scored 11 goals, 1 goal per 188 minutes.

There's not much in it, though Jamie was much better last season, whereas Oli is, curiously, scoring faster this season than last.

I don't find Oli's stats curious for a young player. People often forget that someone of his age is still on the way up.

jacomo
31-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Good news cause it most probably means we have a replacement sorted if you believe the EEN

Surely we have?!

Sammy7nil
31-01-2019, 08:17 PM

That was nice :greengrin wish him all the best

weecounty hibby
31-01-2019, 08:21 PM

All the best Jamie. Thanks for your efforts. Anyone who scored a hat trick for Hibs against the Hun and scores in a derby win is ok by me

Lago
31-01-2019, 08:22 PM
That was nice :greengrin wish him all the best
Me to, had a lot of time for the lad, didn't work for him this season unfortunately.

Hibees1973
31-01-2019, 08:26 PM
All the best to Jamie.

Pity it did not work out 2nd time round. Given his injuries, lack of game time and him being away at the Asian cup this was not good business by Hibs.

The 1st rule when signing a player in the summer is to get them in before pre season and get them fit.

MacLaren along with many others were signed late in the summer transfer window and did not get a pre season with us.

Result of this has been us constantly changing the first team due the squad not being fully fit and picking up numerous injuries.

Hope the new manager, the board and the recruitment team learn from this debacle.

Weegreenman
31-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Everyone and their dog were delighted when we got McLaren back. He’s hardly kicked a ball for us in a side that’s struggled to put three passes together. He’s been out with a back injury and all of a sudden folk are quite happy he’s leaving. I don’t get it. He never got a good run in the team for anyone to judge him. No surprise that it’s been said that he fell out with Lennon. I would have liked to see him back and fit, playing up top alongside Kamberi again. A partnership that worked very well last season. What a shambles we’ve been left with.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2019, 08:49 PM
Everyone and their dog were delighted when we got McLaren back. He’s hardly kicked a ball for us in a side that’s struggled to put three passes together. He’s been out with a back injury and all of a sudden folk are quite happy he’s leaving. I don’t get it. He never got a good run in the team for anyone to judge him. No surprise that it’s been said that he fell out with Lennon. I would have liked to see him back and fit, playing up top alongside Kamberi again. A partnership that worked very well last season. What a shambles we’ve been left with.

I don't quite get it either. I don't see how he's played anywhere near enough football this season to allow people to have an opinion on him.

Surely his performances last season were enough to allow people to see how good he could be.

BILLYHIBS
31-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Sorry to see you go Jamie

Disappointed things did not work out for you second time around for whatever reason

Looking forward to watching you banging in the goals once again in the ALeague

Many thanks for the wonderful memories of last season and the goal that launched an aeroplane

All the best for the future

Your biggest fan

BILLYHIBS

Jim44
31-01-2019, 09:09 PM
I think we will have let MacLaren go with a fair degree of reluctance and trepidation, given the lack of movement on our incoming targets. I sensed that MacLaren was not fitting into the scheme of things and I’m glad he wasn’t asked to stay put against his will. I’d like to think that we can breath a sigh of relief in the next couple of hours but it’s not looking good. Bottom line tho’ is that we probably have enough powder in our keg to see us through to the end of the season unscathed. :worried::pray: :greengrin

Leith Green
31-01-2019, 09:13 PM

Your 2nd sentence says it all. He hardly kicked a ball for us this season

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 09:25 PM

I totally agree with you, TBH I didn’t think he was that great last season but proved he can get goals plus the Aussie fans rate him. We’re desperate for strikers and with him going we’re even more desperate. At the very least he was an option and he worked well with Kamberi. I would rather he at least stayed until summer!

Curried
01-02-2019, 06:09 AM
Not the most gifted of footballers, but had a nice habit of poaching goals last season. IMHO, the two clear problems for him this season, were 1) the managers reluctance to give him any match time, and 2) the abject failure of our midfielders and wide men to supply any quality balls into danger areas.

LustForLeith
01-02-2019, 07:17 AM
All the best to Jamie.

Pity it did not work out 2nd time round. Given his injuries, lack of game time and him being away at the Asian cup this was not good business by Hibs.

The 1st rule when signing a player in the summer is to get them in before pre season and get them fit.

MacLaren along with many others were signed late in the summer transfer window and did not get a pre season with us.

Result of this has been us constantly changing the first team due the squad not being fully fit and picking up numerous injuries.

Hope the new manager, the board and the recruitment team learn from this debacle.

I agree with you on this. Maybe the early start for European football hindered us, injuries have gone against us and the squad rotation that seemed to be going on when we didn’t have a big enough squad to rotate wasn’t a help.

I really wish that we’d identify positions we needed to strangtuen and players we wanted to sign far earlier than we do. Granted, it wouldn’t have helped with injuries but it would have given us a better foundation for the season.

Good luck to Jamie. He seemed a really decent guy and potentially quite a decent poacher. It’s a pity that he never got to show it this season.

Allant1981
01-02-2019, 07:27 AM
Would have been interesting to see how a new manager would have got on with Maclaren but he obviously didn't want to take the chance, fair play to him if he wanted away so he can actually play ganes

we are hibs
01-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Shame it didn't work out this season. Suffered with injuries and much like kamberi he suffered from little service when he did feature. Thanks for the goals against Celtic rangers hearts and Aberdeen.

Speedway
01-02-2019, 08:13 AM
Pleased to see us replace him with better quality.

Phil MaGlass
01-02-2019, 08:35 AM
I have a feeling he will play a season with them, then, sold for a hefty profit.
I liked McLaren.
Good luck tae the guy.

Springbank
01-02-2019, 08:47 AM
his best moment was a determined goal v hearts in the natural order derby

the 5-5 game was a lennon ego trip (3-0 with 70 mins to go and rangers on the ropes) and it pales into insignificance compared to Jamie's goal to beat Levein & Co

wish jamie all the best, another who maybe didnt hit it off with neil lennon this season (possibly not jamie's fault)

Callum_62
01-02-2019, 09:25 AM
the 5-5 game was a lennon ego trip (3-0 with 70 mins to go and rangers on the ropes)

You what??

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Pleased to see us replace him with better quality.

I had a mate who suffered from gash, gonorrhea aids syphilis and herpes, we kept him in a locked room with a 1/2 inch gap at the bottom of the door.

It was not so he could breath properly, it was so we could feed him safely with cheese slices and crackers.:wink:

BILLYHIBS
01-02-2019, 12:04 PM
his best moment was a determined goal v hearts in the natural order derby

the 5-5 game was a lennon ego trip (3-0 with 70 mins to go and rangers on the ropes) and it pales into insignificance compared to Jamie's goal to beat Levein & Co

wish jamie all the best, another who maybe didnt hit it off with neil lennon this season (possibly not jamie's fault)

Aye but for one brief wonderful minute at 3-0 up the whole of the UK thought HIBS were going to do the impossible and then the roof caved in

Its ***** being a hibby!

Great memories though

BoyledEgg
09-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Maclaren starts for Melbourne today. Game live on BT sports at 8.50am