PDA

View Full Version : Why not make new signings ?

eastcoasthibby
27-01-2019, 10:49 PM
I realise there is the strong view that we cant make any signings without a manager in place.
My question is why not, if the targets have been getting.pursued and are available especially, loan signings why dont we go for them. We keep saying there is a due digance process for recruitment, then its obvious there is a dire need for at least a forward, centre back and wide players to see us through the second part of the season as our squad is way to thin and it might well give us a chance of getting.the top 6 and cup run, as well as options for the person in charge to work with, we are only 2 injuries away from.struggling for a team again. The Board need to act this week and if no manager is going to be in placeby Thursday then the much praised George Craig needs to earn his corn and get us what we need in til the summer.

Forza Fred
27-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Only a few days to the close of the window.

I’d hate to think what we have is what we play the next few months with

Desperate times call for desperate measures....

Spudster
27-01-2019, 11:09 PM
I’d have no problem with us signing players with no manager. Mcginn came in about 4 days after Stubbs joined so I would think he had no involvement with his signing. Let recruitment recruit and the manager manage.

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 11:13 PM
I think we will go tried and tested only. Allan Cummings and Haulket would be nice as well as a left back if we can be greedy.

Joe6-2
27-01-2019, 11:16 PM
We really have to get new blood in, as you say, there are obviously targets we had, so get them in.
It's going to be awful the rest of the season otherwise

BoyledEgg
27-01-2019, 11:17 PM
Can’t see anyone wanting to sign without a manager being in place. If the new manager doesn’t fancy them, they are left sitting on the bench for the rest of the season.

Aim Here
27-01-2019, 11:17 PM
I’d have no problem with us signing players with no manager. Mcginn came in about 4 days after Stubbs joined so I would think he had no involvement with his signing. Let recruitment recruit and the manager manage.

The difference would be that Butcher was a planned sacking, so Hibs would have been able to organize some sort of planned handover of all the business that was in progress. Lenny's suspension was out of the blue so if the backroom staff are also out or disgruntled (Parker seems to be out, and there are early reports - possibly inaccurate - that the backroom folks were on Lenny's side) Hibs might not be able to pick up the threads of whatever deals were ongoing.

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 11:20 PM
Can’t see anyone wanting to sign without a manager being in place. If the new manager doesn’t fancy them, they are left sitting on the bench for the rest of the season.

If they are on loan then they risk sitting on the bench at parent club rest of the season regardless?

Keyser Sauzee
27-01-2019, 11:29 PM

McGinn signed a year after Stubbs joined us.

CMurdoch
27-01-2019, 11:35 PM
I think we will go tried and tested only. Allan Cummings and Haulket would be nice as well as a left back if we can be greedy.

Alan Cumming the actor and the Incredible Haulket!!!
How is that going to help. We just got rid of a guy for getting uncontrollably angry, to say nothing of changing colour :wink:.

Unseen work
27-01-2019, 11:39 PM

You know if we’re after Halkett or Cummings?

Left back is the least of my worries tbh.

Stevenson, Mackie and Nelom offer us plenty in that department and Whittikar showed today he can play there.

Striker
Wnger with pace
Scott Allan
Centre half

oh and a manager :greengrin

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 11:44 PM
I hope so.

How can we gamble on Nelom? Whittaker fair enough but I think Mackie is now fancied more in midfield and Lewis won’t be back anytime soon.

A manager would be nice though.

Unseen work
27-01-2019, 11:54 PM
I hope so.

How can we gamble on Nelom? Whittaker fair enough but I think Mackie is now fancied more in midfield and Lewis won’t be back anytime soon.

A manager would be nice though.

I think Nelom has had some unfair treatment tbf, made what 2 starts at left back and was fine imo, not excellent but given time to settle I think he would be good.

They may plan on playing Mackie in midfield but he’s still good cover at the back too.

Dont think we could justify having 4 left backs.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 12:09 AM
I think Nelom has had some unfair treatment tbf, made what 2 starts at left back and was fine imo, not excellent but given time to settle I think he would be good.

They may plan on playing Mackie in midfield but he’s still good cover at the back too.

Dont think we could justify having 4 left backs.

👍

hibeejeebies
28-01-2019, 05:59 AM
I think top priority before getting a manager has to be the formation of a goalkeeping school.

Fitba folk ken.

Libby Hibby
28-01-2019, 06:06 AM
McGinn signed a year after Stubbs joined us.

I think McGinn came in the summer after we were relegated. Stubbs came in around the same time.

Keyser Sauzee
28-01-2019, 06:07 AM
I think McGinn came in the summer after we were relegated. Stubbs came in around the same time.

Stubbs arrived summer 2014, McGinn arrived summer 2015

Allant1981
28-01-2019, 06:08 AM

Did mcginn not sign in 2015?

Spudster
28-01-2019, 06:16 AM
Stubbs arrived summer 2014, McGinn arrived summer 2015

🙈 so he did

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 07:17 AM
I realise there is the strong view that we cant make any signings without a manager in place.
My question is why not, if the targets have been getting.pursued and are available especially, loan signings why dont we go for them. We keep saying there is a due digance process for recruitment, then its obvious there is a dire need for at least a forward, centre back and wide players to see us through the second part of the season as our squad is way to thin and it might well give us a chance of getting.the top 6 and cup run, as well as options for the person in charge to work with, we are only 2 injuries away from.struggling for a team again. The Board need to act this week and if no manager is going to be in placeby Thursday then the much praised George Craig needs to earn his corn and get us what we need in til the summer.

It's standard practice in much of Europe for clubs to recruit players and recruit a coach and for them to have to work together.