PDA

View Full Version : Can the Lennon situation be fixed

ads913
27-01-2019, 09:01 PM
Were all resigned to the fact that Lennon is gone however is it possible that a time-out was needed.
I think all of us has played the scenario in our heads that Lennon would not accept his suspension that he is very passionate.
He possibly may feel he overstepped his authority and needs to be pulled up for his actions.
I have no idea what's going on but he seems to drive players away after fallouts.
I hope that maybe the door can be left open and sensible conversations can lead to a return,
however, i know its a bit Dreamland

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Let’s hope not. His time has come and gone.

Wilson
27-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Were all resigned to the fact that Lennon is gone however is it possible that a time-out was needed.
I think all of us has played the scenario in our heads that Lennon would not accept his suspension that he is very passionate.
He possibly may feel he overstepped his authority and needs to be pulled up for his actions.
I have no idea what's going on but he seems to drive players away after fallouts.
I hope that maybe the door can be left open and sensible conversations can lead to a return,

If this incident was in isolation then it may have been possible.

On the back of his frequent outbursts and comments about considering his own future then I'd have said it was unlikely.

However, add in the fact that results and signings under his tenure have not been value for the money thrown at them then I'd have to say no, it is impossible.

Vini1875
27-01-2019, 09:10 PM
Without knowing what the issue was the question is hard to answer.

If it was a simple time out then yes, but if it was that then surely Gary Parker would have taken the team on Sunday and Lenny would be at home in front of Sky with a glass of wine. The fact that Gary was absent also makes me think it was more a time out for them both and Hibs to phone the lawyers or representatives and negociations to begin to part ways as amicably as possible.

If Lenny was suspended due to something that was said to players and then the players went to LD, leading to Gary taking the side of Lenny then no way back.

HibeeHibernian4
27-01-2019, 09:11 PM
The better question is do we want it to be fixed, if by fixed you mean Lennon returns as manager? Personally, no.

vuefrom1875
27-01-2019, 09:13 PM

From what I heard today,albeit pure conjecture, I'm afraid the door is well shut!

mca
27-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Even if lenny did return.. we would all be wondering - How long is it going to last until his next dummy oot the pram..

madhatter
27-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Impossible. Lennon and Hibs will be unhappy at the media circus and both will want to save face etc.

I want him gone now. Been far too many issues now. He got rid of Stokes because he was a troublemaker, Hibs should get rid of Lennon if he is one as well. Hate hearing interviews from him and hate the “I’m doing you a favour being here” vibe he has been giving out for a while. He should have left when he threatened to. That’s clearly when he gave up.

WhileTheChief..
27-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Depends why LD suspended him.

Apparemtly the meeting with the players on Friday was a normal one so god knows what Lennon’s actually done.

Hopefully we’ll find out tomorrow.

PatHead
27-01-2019, 09:17 PM

Apparemtly the meeting with the players on Friday was a normal one so god knows what Lennon’s actually done.

Don't think we will ever find the full truth.

CapitalGreen
27-01-2019, 09:17 PM
A time out to realise playing Kamberi up top on his own doesn’t work?

Captain Trips
27-01-2019, 09:18 PM

I agree to a point but let's say we never ever find out I would then look at both individuals and for me LD has been pretty exemplary while at the club and I am sure in her time in the game and before that she has dealt with a few situations and has built up a thick skin I am sure there is no insult she hasn't been hit with over years. I would therefore conclude that LD decision to suspend him will have been justified.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2019, 09:19 PM
I can't envisage any outcome happening that allows Neil Lennon to return as manager.

His position is surely untenable and ending his contract will be nothing more than a formality once all the legal issues have been ironed out.

madhatter
27-01-2019, 09:20 PM

The thing about “normal” that I’ve been wondering...by “normal” was it meant that Lennon had his “normal” relentless rant at every player and was it “normal” for all players to be demoralised? Players will say it was normal anyway but I’m intrigued at whether the normal statement is genuine, and by “normal meeting” with Lennon, what that actually means...

Hoping tomorrow or Tuesday, can’t leave it too long. I think they’ll announce Scott Allan on the same day.

ddoc
27-01-2019, 09:20 PM

I rarely post here, but IMO it would not be 'a bit Dreamland' it would be nightmare land.

Like most Hibs supporters, I do not know what actually happened, but there is usually an element of truth in most rumors, though the more extreme can probably be taken with a pinch of salt, but I am stating the obvious when I say it was pretty serious stuff that went down.

There is no way back for NL. I think it would be a bit like Mutiny On The Bounty in the dressing room if the Hibs Senior Management were to invite him back into the fold after a stern talking to.

I hope for a speedy resolution to this,we thank NL for the sterling service he has given us with some of the best football I have seen from Hibs since the TT days, and move on.

We all know that supporting Hibs is a roller coaster ride, and I doubt that that will ever change.

Forza Fred
27-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Forget any battle about right or wrongs.

Lennie’s return would simply cause more problems now, and further divide the club.

Time to get someone new in, and let him get on with it.

At the end of the day, I’m not a supporter of any individual manager, or player, but a supporter of the club.

It makes no difference to me who the manager is at any point.

All I look for is professionalism, consistency and a willingness to put the well being of the team as his first prioriity, coupled with a commitment not to embarrass the club itself.

Hopefully future managers will satisfy that criteria, and if they do, I don’t particularly care who they are.

Gordy M
27-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Im not sure he will return, but the one thing that doesnt sit quite right with me is that he apparently has the support of Parker, Murray and May. If he was so out of order and abusive(allegedly) then why would they support him?? Ive a feeling it maybe wasnt as one sided as is being portrayed.

DetroitHibs
27-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Don't think we will ever find the full truth.

No chance we'll be told the full story. The club very rarely tells the fans the true story. We are left to read articles and guess what happened. Same with Stokes last year and with Collins and the players meeting at Rods. Don't think the club ever confirmed that either.

madhatter
27-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Im not sure he will return, but the one thing that doesnt sit quite right with me is that he apparently has the support of Parker, Murray and May. If he was so out of order and abusive(allegedly) then why would they support him?? Ive a feeling it maybe wasnt as one sided as is being portrayed.

Maybe they are good mates with him? Also maybe Leeann just wanted to have a word with Lennon about his treatment of Kamberi and Lennon launched into a verbal tirade at Leeann with some unsavoury language. They wouldn’t have been present at his meeting with Leeann and so are supporting their mate as they know as much as us to an extent? It’s all conjecture. How do we even know the suspension is directly related to a team meeting?

hibbyfraelibby
27-01-2019, 09:38 PM

I have yet to see any evidence or factual reporting that the "coaching staff" support the Head Coach. All we have is back channel briefing on his behalf, directly or indirectly, to "friendly" journalists and golf partners.

Gordy M
27-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Maybe they are good mates with him? Also maybe Leeann just wanted to have a word with Lennon about his treatment of Kamberi and Lennon launched into a verbal tirade at Leeann with some unsavoury language. They wouldn’t have been present at his meeting with Leeann and so are supporting their mate as they know as much as us to an extent? It’s all conjecture. How do we even know the suspension is directly related to a team meeting?

As you said, no one knows, but you have then went ont to make a lot of assumptions as to whats happened? Can you point me to where Hibs have said NL is suspended? As i said, no one knows.

Even if the staff are his mates, doesnt mean you would potentially risk your employment if you knew he was totally in the wrong??

Gordy M
27-01-2019, 09:41 PM
I have yet to see any evidence or factual reporting that the "coaching staff" support the Head Coach. All we have is back channel briefing on his behalf, directly or indirectly, to "friendly" journalists and golf partners.

Very much like the reporting of the incident that has allegedly caused this?

hibbydog
27-01-2019, 09:47 PM

No it can’t be fixed and I don’t want it to be fixed.

For reasons already clear, it’s best for everyone that he moves on.

I think the issue is to allow some time out to consider whether they’re going to negotiate a ‘mature divorce’, or whether they just sack him for gross misconduct.

Bangkok Hibby
27-01-2019, 09:47 PM
I hope not. Time for all to move on.

madhatter
27-01-2019, 09:48 PM
As you said, no one knows, but you have then went ont to make a lot of assumptions as to whats happened? Can you point me to where Hibs have said NL is suspended? As i said, no one knows.

Even if the staff are his mates, doesnt mean you would potentially risk your employment if you knew he was totally in the wrong??

I don’t know that Lennon has been suspended. Extremely likely though, giving that he and Parker weren’t in dugout and everyone at club is avoiding naming him as if he is Voldemort. Pretty sure any arrangement hasn’t been amicable. Still don’t know it’s a suspension but certainly isn’t a sacking yet so again the suggestion even ignoring media outlets is that he is suspended, if he were on leave club would just say.

I haven’t made any assumptions beyond he is very likely suspended. I was working through why May and Murray were supposedly backing Lennon, again something we don’t actually know is true. Maybe May was reluctant to be manager again, as was clear in his interviews today.

WhileTheChief..
27-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Is it possible that LD has maybe over reacted? Cold light of day and now wondering how the hell to sort the situation?

Probably not and I agree that Lennon’s time is over, rightly or wrongly.

I’m not just going to accept that he’s a bully and abusive though.

I'm Spartacus
27-01-2019, 09:50 PM
I believe anything can be fixed if all really want it to happen.

I must admit, I hate the bi-annual "I'm considering my position" chat, I hate his constant appearances at Celtic events which seem to be a priority for him, I hate his anger issues, I disagree with his Panto style provoking of others.

Saying that, I really like him when he's a calm individual, you couldn't meet a nicer guy, but it's time to move on IMO. Stubbs to the end of the season and take 5 months to find the correct guy.

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2019, 09:51 PM
Don't want him back tbh...thanks for the memories and the last 2 season's but something has been wrong since that fateful night at Tynecastle last May and it's been pretty much downhill ever since. It's time for a parting of the ways and whatever happened...he's been suspended for a reason. All the best Neil but it's time to move on...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AgentDaleCooper
27-01-2019, 09:56 PM
If thing could be worked out, i believe he still has a lot to offer. He is a great manager who has been very significant in turning our club around. I think he's had major issues adjusting to being at a club with less resources than he is used to whilst still being a big fish in the scottish goldfish bowl. I think he has failed to take responsibility for some of his own stupid decisions , but i think he can learn and if he did take from this situation what he should, he'd still be a great manager. It all depends on whether he has insight into how he has contributed to this mess.

madhatter
27-01-2019, 09:58 PM
Is it possible that LD has maybe over reacted? Cold light of day and now wondering how the hell to sort the situation?

Probably not and I agree that Lennon’s time is over, rightly or wrongly.

I’m not just going to accept that he’s a bully and abusive though.

Very doubtful. More than likely Lennon over reacted, he has a track record, Leeann doesn’t. It is possible I suppose but we’ll probably be talking about losing both this week then. No come back for either if this was just over a meaningless matter.

Being honest, in my opinion, Lennon should have been sacked a while back. Things have been very poor for a long time. Confidence and togetherness seemed to be rotting away and Lennon was a catalyst of that rather than an inhibitor. This shows Leeann and the board haven’t been doing a great job as I’d have preferred a cleaner break for all parties than what we are likely to get now that the brown stuff has hit the fan.

Tornadoes70
27-01-2019, 10:02 PM
No chance we'll be told the full story. The club very rarely tells the fans the true story. We are left to read articles and guess what happened. Same with Stokes last year and with Collins and the players meeting at Rods. Don't think the club ever confirmed that either.

The Board have to act within confidential due process in house disciplinary parameters which means privacy has to be respected at least until they've been resolved either amicably or not. Its normal procedure for any company or business to maintain non public communications during employer/employee disciplinary process. A statement might be read out merely confirming matters of fact such as discipline proceedings are underway etc but they can't disclose the details surrounding exact events at least definitely not yet anyway if at all.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Coco Bryce
27-01-2019, 10:04 PM
I think Dempster has probably protected Lennon a few times over outbursts he's had over the years, but this time it was too serious to be swept under the carpet.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2019, 10:04 PM
There is absolutely no chance of this being resolved, we will have a new manager soon and Lennon will get some sort of pay off.

Tornadoes70
27-01-2019, 10:10 PM
There is absolutely no chance of this being resolved, we will have a new manager soon and Lennon will get some sort of pay off.

This would very probably be the optimum scenario especially given the rumours circulating as to the alleged events.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2019, 10:19 PM
This would very probably be the optimum scenario especially given the rumours circulating as to the alleged events.

:agree:

Football for some reason is a different breed of employment, i cant think of anyone who's been sacked/garden leave/ mutual etc not getting some sort of pay off.

There may well have been someone who's actually been sacked and not received a pay off, but in the main there is always a pay off no matter whats happened.

Smartie
27-01-2019, 10:32 PM

Football for some reason is a different breed of employment, i cant think of anyone who's been sacked/garden leave/ mutual etc not getting some sort of pay off.

There may well have been someone who's actually been sacked and not received a pay off, but in the main there is always a pay off no matter whats happened.

I think that's because it is rare that anyone actually breaches their contract.

Managers turn up, do their job to the best of their ability and get sacked when results aren't good enough. They do what they are paid to do (turn up x number of days per week, train the team, put out a team to the best of their ability etc) so are entitled to a payoff when they are sacked.

If Lennon was sacked for poor results then he'd be due a handsome payout. If he's manhandled or bullied Flo, or there is any truth in the rumour that a homophobic slur was used towards LD, then that would be gross misconduct and he could only expect to be given his jotters with no payoff. There could almost be a dodgy "constructive dismissal" where Hibs (who might have been thinking about punting him anyway) ham up whatever was done in order to get rid on the cheap.

Players are a law unto themselves. Normally they are considered to be such great assets that they can push the boundaries of what is acceptable under the terms of their contract. A bit like Rodwell at Sunderland, as long as he pitched up and trained every day he was due his £70k per week. He didn't have to provide anything on a Saturday other than to report for duty, and it would have been very difficult to prove that he was feigning any injury.

Weegreenman
27-01-2019, 10:34 PM
It’s all over for Lennon at Hibs. It’ll be upto the lawyers now to sort out the fine details. I hope we get this fine quickly and get someone in with experience to steady the ship.

jacomo
27-01-2019, 11:00 PM
I can’t see anyway back for him.

I don’t see a need to pick sides here. I liked him as manager and I’m sorry it’s ended this way, but I think the club have to move on now.

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 11:18 PM

Jackpot for Lennon then.

Since pbs last year he’s been working his ticket and didn’t seem to want to be here and I thought he was waiting to leave. Less passion and more of a don’t give a **** attitude, especially after Weds saying we played well and should have won.

Lennon gets ££ and can say he was punted based on non footballing matters. I do think he’s done as a manager though. Probably end up as a coach at Forest and concentrate on Irish telly and Celtic functions. Massive Lennon banner from Celtic fans next match in their corner bit is a complete nap too.

CMurdoch
27-01-2019, 11:26 PM
I think that's because it is rare that anyone actually breaches their contract.

Managers turn up, do their job to the best of their ability and get sacked when results aren't good enough. They do what they are paid to do (turn up x number of days per week, train the team, put out a team to the best of their ability etc) so are entitled to a payoff when they are sacked.

If Lennon was sacked for poor results then he'd be due a handsome payout. If he's manhandled or bullied Flo, or there is any truth in the rumour that a homophobic slur was used towards LD, then that would be gross misconduct and he could only expect to be given his jotters with no payoff. There could almost be a dodgy "constructive dismissal" where Hibs (who might have been thinking about punting him anyway) ham up whatever was done in order to get rid on the cheap.

Players are a law unto themselves. Normally they are considered to be such great assets that they can push the boundaries of what is acceptable under the terms of their contract. A bit like Rodwell at Sunderland, as long as he pitched up and trained every day he was due his £70k per week. He didn't have to provide anything on a Saturday other than to report for duty, and it would have been very difficult to prove that he was feigning any injury.

Good post. He has 17 months left on his contract. Don't know his salary but as a ball park figure 17 months might be worth a quarter of a million quid.
I am hoping Leanne has enough evidence for dismissal for gross misconduct otherwise this will be an expensive waste of money. Hopefully a pragmatic approach can be taken with Neil getting a £100k payoff but he doesn't do walking away or common sense so it could be messy & drawn out.

My money is on Leanne having got this right having had a plan in place for some time due to Neil's regular behavioural issues since May 2018. If so she is a legend. If not she has dropped the ball.

Col2
27-01-2019, 11:46 PM
All I have been told is LD made the decision and has 100% backing from the board. Rod Petrie was not even in the country when it happens but has come back and telling that they were both sitting beside each other and unified.The players looked unified today as well.

Forza Fred
28-01-2019, 12:19 AM
Players come players go and the club goes on.

Same applies to managers.

In a few months with a new manager it probably won’t rate a post on this forum.

Time for Lennie to seek a club more suitable to his expectations.

I genuinely wish him well, but I am more interested in the football club’s future than his.

His time is done here.

AZhibee
28-01-2019, 03:58 AM
Jackpot for Lennon then.

Since pbs last year he’s been working his ticket and didn’t seem to want to be here and I thought he was waiting to leave. Less passion and more of a don’t give a **** attitude, especially after Weds saying we played well and should have won.

Lennon gets ££ and can say he was punted based on non footballing matters. I do think he’s done as a manager though. Probably end up as a coach at Forest and concentrate on Irish telly and Celtic functions. Massive Lennon banner from Celtic fans next match in their corner bit is a complete nap too.

Not a jackpot at all, will be marked as a headache for potential employers, value drops. Jackpot would be a hugely successful season and accolades from everyone as he moves on to a huge contract elsewhere.

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2019, 04:01 AM
Not a jackpot at all, will be marked as a headache for potential employers, value drops. Jackpot would be a hugely successful season and accolades from everyone as he moves on to a huge contract elsewhere.

Since he doesn't have the ability to do that, this is his next best option. Slink away and blame the board while shielding himself from being known as the manager who led Hibs to 7th/8th/9th in the table with a top 4 budget.

flash
28-01-2019, 04:56 AM

I don’t see a need to pick sides here. I liked him as manager and I’m sorry it’s ended this way, but I think the club have to move on now.

Exactly how I feel.

Onion
28-01-2019, 05:31 AM
Sadly, Lennon is finished at Hibs. The only thing eft is for his media buddy's to paint Hibs as the bad guys, Petrie as an opportunist, and for them to agree a severance payment.

Lennon's continual threats to walk out of Hibs, periods of AOL and public berating of players (which go no positive reaction) have done him no good whatsoever. I really hope there is some substance to his suspension and it is not just Hibs seeing this as an opportunity to get rid of a manager who was underperforming. We might never know.

Brizo
28-01-2019, 06:04 AM
No way the break down between LD / the Board and Lennon could ever be repaired.

Hibs gave him the platform to restore his footballing reputation after Bolton and it worked up until this season. Lenny has now blown it big time.

While he may be getting media backing in this whole sorry mess, the people who count are football club owners / Boards and they will have heard the same rumours and allegations as us. I'd suggest his chances of getting a managers job at any decent level are unlikely.

hibbydog
28-01-2019, 06:12 AM

That’s what really doesn’t sit well with me. If I’d ma handled my staff or thrown chairs or verbally abused someone in the workplace, I’d fully expect to be sacked for gross misconduct.

These are only rumours and we don’t know if they apply to the Neil Lennon situation.

But FFS, why should he be any different just because he’s a football manager. It’ll likely cost us a hefty 6 figure sum, so if there’s a way of saving it, why don’t we do it.

If there’s been misconduct Employment law should be applied without question.

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2019, 06:18 AM
No chance we'll be told the full story. The club very rarely tells the fans the true story. We are left to read articles and guess what happened. Same with Stokes last year and with Collins and the players meeting at Rods. Don't think the club ever confirmed that either.What club ever comes out and confirms these things?

HibbySpurs
28-01-2019, 06:31 AM
This is such a sad end to what has been such a positive era in our recent history. We won the cup under Stubbs then Lennon came in and did what was required to win the championship, he then oversaw a fantastic return to the premiership where we lorded it over our city rivals and came so close to finishing best of the rest behind Celtic. We started this season with an excellent run in Europe only being found out by Molde who now appear to have had a manager of potentially top class ability and even then we manoeuvred ourselves into 2nd place in October.

Forward to January and we’ve had a terrible run of results and now it’s all exploded with a bust up resulting in the near certainty of losing the manager.

This period was a test of Lennon’s metal as our manager and it appears he has failed that test, but, is it just him?

Allowing the entir heart to be ripped out of our midfield was a disaster and one which we have struggled to recover from. Could the board have done more to at least retain part of that midfield?

We have been bereft with injury problems all season which has meant the team has been unsettled and made finding a balance all the harder for the manager.

We have signed midfielders in Gauld and SA on a PC which will help but could the board have pushed to have had SA back during the last window and even now during this?

I can’t help but think whilst Lennon has been backed that his ambition is not now being matched by the board, I wonder if Lennon last week has said to the board that he needs X & Y player in during This window to push us back into the top 6 and move forward and he has been told no?

Is there a reek of opportunism on the part of the board to remove what they see as a loose cannon (not unjustified)? If the board felt it was time for a change and have used this incident to flush Lennon out then if it’s nothing more than a heated exchange (obviously rumours say there may be more sinister aspects but do we know this for fact?) then to suspend Lennon with a view to sacking him is simply wrong and had the board wanted a change to take the playing side in a new direction then he should have been “sacked” in the usual manner and paid off accordingly.

As things stand there is a circus going on at ER/EM and if the board think they are blameless in creating that then they are wrong.

If NL has gone OTT in a simply heated manner he should be warned about his conduct and returned to duty, if any of the rumours of violence or homophobic language are true he should be dismissed.

The club need to move quickly though as mud is being thrown at the club now and some of it will start to stick regardless. If the recent run of results was the test of NL as manager what had happened since Friday is certainly the test of LD as CEO.

As I said this for me is a sad ending to such a good period of positivity and optimism around Hibs, I just hope it can be resolved quickly and whoever is in the managers office after can bring that feeling back again.

GGTTH.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2019, 06:45 AM
I'm sure it has happened before but I can't recall a manager being suspended from his role, in the UK at any rate. That suggests a total breakdown in a relationship or relationships. I can't see how he can come back from that. How long until it kicks off again if the trust is gone?

As others have said I liked NL as manager, without being as gushing as some, and it is a shame it has ended this way. For me an amicable parting in the summer may have been best for all parties. In saying that I don't feel particularly sad he has gone; it's felt on the cards for a while and maybe a fresh face is what everyone needs.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 06:54 AM
No.

The manager is the core leadership figure at any football club and if you get to the stage of suspending him then, regardless of the rights and wrongs of it, his authority is compromised in a way that cannot be recovered in my view.

While I have little doubt that Lennon knows/knew better than the Board what is good for the football side of things I also have no doubt that if Dempster has suspended him she has such a strong track record that she won't have missed the mark on the basis for doing so. And managers do not win fights with Chief executives.

It would do no good for him or the club were he to pick up the reigns again after this. It would however be very entertaining on .net were that to happen.

The Lennon haters are funny, it must be exhausting for them carrying around all those chips on their shoulders about him.

jacomo
28-01-2019, 07:09 AM
This is such a sad end to what has been such a positive era in our recent history. We won the cup under Stubbs then Lennon came in and did what was required to win the championship, he then oversaw a fantastic return to the premiership where we lorded it over our city rivals and came so close to finishing best of the rest behind Celtic. We started this season with an excellent run in Europe only being found out by Molde who now appear to have had a manager of potentially top class ability and even then we manoeuvred ourselves into 2nd place in October.

Forward to January and we’ve had a terrible run of results and now it’s all exploded with a bust up resulting in the near certainty of losing the manager.

This period was a test of Lennon’s metal as our manager and it appears he has failed that test, but, is it just him?

Allowing the entir heart to be ripped out of our midfield was a disaster and one which we have struggled to recover from. Could the board have done more to at least retain part of that midfield?

We have been bereft with injury problems all season which has meant the team has been unsettled and made finding a balance all the harder for the manager.

We have signed midfielders in Gauld and SA on a PC which will help but could the board have pushed to have had SA back during the last window and even now during this?

I can’t help but think whilst Lennon has been backed that his ambition is not now being matched by the board, I wonder if Lennon last week has said to the board that he needs X & Y player in during This window to push us back into the top 6 and move forward and he has been told no?

Is there a reek of opportunism on the part of the board to remove what they see as a loose cannon (not unjustified)? If the board felt it was time for a change and have used this incident to flush Lennon out then if it’s nothing more than a heated exchange (obviously rumours say there may be more sinister aspects but do we know this for fact?) then to suspend Lennon with a view to sacking him is simply wrong and had the board wanted a change to take the playing side in a new direction then he should have been “sacked” in the usual manner and paid off accordingly.

As things stand there is a circus going on at ER/EM and if the board think they are blameless in creating that then they are wrong.

If NL has gone OTT in a simply heated manner he should be warned about his conduct and returned to duty, if any of the rumours of violence or homophobic language are true he should be dismissed.

The club need to move quickly though as mud is being thrown at the club now and some of it will start to stick regardless. If the recent run of results was the test of NL as manager what had happened since Friday is certainly the test of LD as CEO.

As I said this for me is a sad ending to such a good period of positivity and optimism around Hibs, I just hope it can be resolved quickly and whoever is in the managers office after can bring that feeling back again.

GGTTH.

This is indeed a sad end to Lennon’s time at the club (which surely is over) but there seems little reason to start pointing fingers at the Board.

You, me and every other Hibs fan realised we failed to replace SJM in the summer, yet strangely I can’t remember Lennon prioritising this as an issue. Instead he simply said replacing him was ‘impossible’ and spoke of the need for new strikers.

Remember that this is not the first time this season there have been issues behind the scenes. Maybe Lennon was warned about his behaviour last time but simply didn’t listen?

Yes, the club is now facing a testing time but let’s hope for a successful outcome. Our squad needs an overhaul but some really good players and they are promising youngsters coming through.

Only a few days to plug some obvious gaps - a striker and a centre back seem most pressing - but let’s hope there’s a plan in place.

HibbySpurs
28-01-2019, 07:29 AM
This is indeed a sad end to Lennon’s time at the club (which surely is over) but there seems little reason to start pointing fingers at the Board.

You, me and every other Hibs fan realised we failed to replace SJM in the summer, yet strangely I can’t remember Lennon prioritising this as an issue. Instead he simply said replacing him was ‘impossible’ and spoke of the need for new strikers.

Remember that this is not the first time this season there have been issues behind the scenes. Maybe Lennon was warned about his behaviour last time but simply didn’t listen?

Yes, the club is now facing a testing time but let’s hope for a successful outcome. Our squad needs an overhaul but some really good players and they are promising youngsters coming through.

Only a few days to plug some obvious gaps - a striker and a centre back seem most pressing - but let’s hope there’s a plan in place.

I agree with what you’re saying but I do feel in the fullness of time the board will need to give clarity as to what has gone on (without going into graphic details).

If Lennon is dismissed for punching Flo then the club should be able to make a statement along the lines of “Regrettably Neil Lennon has been dismissed following a club investigation into an alleged claim of violence towards another employee in line with the clubs disciplinary procedures”

Football clubs are not like any other business, if this was the manager of your local ASDA you wouldn’t care or even know the incident had taken place unless you worked there, however football clubs are very much in the public eye and a rationale will need to be given following the outcome so that the club can demonstrate that it has acted with the highest integrity and standards and not just found a convenient excuse to remove an employee they now see as a liability.

calumhibee1
28-01-2019, 07:32 AM
I agree with what you’re saying but I do feel in the fullness of time the board will need to give clarity as to what has gone on (without going into graphic details).

If Lennon is dismissed for punching Flo then the club should be able to make a statement along the lines of “Regrettably Neil Lennon has been dismissed following a club investigation into an alleged claim of violence towards another employee in line with the clubs disciplinary procedures”

Football clubs are not like any other business, if this was the manager of your local ASDA you wouldn’t care or even know the incident had taken place unless you worked there, however football clubs are very much in the public eye and a rationale will need to be given following the outcome so that the club can demonstrate that it has acted with the highest integrity and standards and not just found a convenient excuse to remove an employee they now see as a liability.

At best we may be told he’s been sacked due to gross misconduct. Even then I’d doubt we’ll find out as much as that.

California-Hibs
28-01-2019, 07:33 AM
Highest league points total in our 144 year history.

Longest unbeaten home run in our 144 year history.

Competing for 2nd right up till the last day of the season.

Our best mini European run in years.

Unbeaten at Ibrox in his tenure.

........ I'd be delighted if it could be fixed. Massive loss.

DunblaneHibby
28-01-2019, 07:36 AM

Lennie’s return would simply cause more problems now, and further divide the club.

Time to get someone new in, and let him get on with it.a
At the end of the day, I’m not a supporter of any individual manager, or player, but a supporter of the club.

All I look for is professionalism, consistency and a willingness to put the well being of the team as his first prioriity, coupled with a commitment not to embarrass the club itself.

Hopefully future managers will satisfy that criteria, and if they do, I don’t particularly care who they are.

Absolutely agree with this great post

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 07:39 AM
At best we may be told he’s been sacked due to gross misconduct. Even then I’d doubt we’ll find out as much as that.

Maybe at best the more anodyne "breach of contract".

Although it will probably end up "mutually consented".

Johnny Clash
28-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Really hope Truth and Justice ensures Lennon and Parker continue to build Hibs into the force they both know we should be. Their passion for the Hibs cause should be applauded. With the few facts to come to light is sounds like the gaffer has the support of the players and the coaching staff. Sincerely hope ‘Neil Lennon’s Green & white Army’ continues to ring out from the stands!

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 07:44 AM
Highest league points total in our 144 year history.

Longest unbeaten home run in our 144 year history.

Competing for 2nd right up till the last day of the season.

Our best mini European run in years.

Unbeaten at Ibrox in his tenure.

........ I'd be delighted if it could be fixed. Massive loss.

Those are all real highs but it can't be fixed.

I agree that it's a massive loss, but only if we were going to continue in the direction that the facts above suggested. Unfortunately the suspension suggests to me that we weren't going to as I interpret it as having been the culmination of something that has been developing for a while.

Lennon brought real strengths with him: his pedigree and standing in the game meant the club had a much higher profile, he attracted players like Ambrose who I think we wouldn't otherwise have had, at stages we had a real steel about us and a never say die attitude (I can remember several times going a goal down and casually assuming we would still come back and win), he didn't take any crap from anyone and as a club we needed to project that, I think he was genuinely ambitious for us to compete for second in the league and through most of the time here he seemed to really get the club and the fans.

I had hoped that the recent dip would be turned around and that he could get us back to where we were when at our best under him. Other things being equal I think he could have had us doing that, but other things weren't equal and I think whatever has happened will probably ultimately prove to be the best for both him and Hibernian. I certainly hope so.

The best Neil Lennon was superb for Hibs and I'm not sure I've seen better, the worst Neil Lennon was not working for us sadly and we could and should do better.

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2019, 07:54 AM
Isn't the highest points total a big skewed because of 2 points for a win.

jeffers
28-01-2019, 08:00 AM
LD has got far more right in her time at Hibs than she has wrong, so I highly doubt NL has been suspended if there wasn’t a very good reason.

I wanted him appointed, he’s done a good job, but it’s time he moved and on and we as a club do the same.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 08:05 AM
LD has got far more right in her time at Hibs than she has wrong, so I highly doubt NL has been suspended if there wasn’t a very good reason.

I wanted him appointed, he’s done a good job, but it’s time he moved and on and we as a club do the same.

Or a strong legally defensible reason, which is a slightly different thing... though it could be both of course.

:wink:

BILLYHIBS
28-01-2019, 08:12 AM
Past the point of no return

Time to move on!

Lago
28-01-2019, 08:17 AM
Past the point of no return

Time to move on!
Why then does David Grey say the players have no problems with Neil Lennon, quoted in today's Daily Express. What h..l is going on!!

Peevemor
28-01-2019, 08:44 AM
Why then does David Grey say the players have no problems with Neil Lennon, quoted in today's Daily Express. What h..l is going on!!

OK. Here's a scenario (source - me making stuff up) -

Neil Lennon has already been formally warned, in writing, about his conduct by the board (touchline bans, inappropriate behaviour in his free time, maybe other stuff in private meetings, whatever...). This could explain his absence from media duties and also his behaviour/body language on the bench during matches).

During the team meeting on Friday, Lennon switches to hair dryer mode which is heard by all who happen to be at East Mains. Even though the players are used to it (hence the SDG quotes) Leeann thinks he's going OTT, especially with specific players.

Leeann calls Neil Lennon into her office to discuss this and he goes radio rental, oversteps the mark. Leeann finally decides that enough is enough, that he is unable to work within the club's structure and given that he was already on a final warning, suspends him.

This covers all the bases -

SDG can honestly say that nothing's changed in the relationship between the manager and the players.
The other coaching staff, while maybe not condoning Lennon's behaviour, are even less impressed by Leeann's intervention, hence their rumoured reluctance to take temporary charge.
Radio silence from the parties concerned - confidentiality being standard in disciplinary proceedings.
Rod Petrie gets the blame as usual.

Barney McGrew
28-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Football clubs are not like any other business

In the eyes of employment law, they are exactly the same as other businesses, which is why Hibs will be playing it the way they are, sticking to the letter of the law and following whatever they need to in order to protect the club legally.

The bottom line is we’ll never know what actually went on. Some people will believe Hibs have acted correctly, some people will believe they overreacted. Whatever way they choose to believe, I doubt Hibs would have suspended him without a rock solid reason HR-wise, he’s gone and we need to move on.

Barney McGrew
28-01-2019, 08:54 AM

He doesn’t - he said nothing had changed with the relationship.

If they didn’t like him on Friday morning, there’s nothing that would have changed by Sunday afternoon :wink:

Captain Trips
28-01-2019, 08:55 AM
I personally think the team meeting and a further meeting with LD might have been totally separate meeting already arranged.

Maybe a discussion about budgets or a signing we were trying to make and if NL has gone into meeting perhaps with what went on at team meeting maybe influenced his discussion.

The Harp Awakes
28-01-2019, 09:15 AM
I think Michael Stewart is bang on the money and there is a lot more to this than Friday's fall out.

I have mixed feelings over this situation, the timing of which is a nightmare for the Club. I think NL has wrongly singled out Kamberi for public criticism; regardless of who is to blame (the Manager or the Club), recruitment was not good last Summer and the service to the strikers from midfield has been very poor for most of the season. Team selection at times has also been questionable, although I think a lot of that is down to player availability and injuries which have been crippling.

What doesn't sit right with me is players going behind the Managers back and running to Directors complaining about him, if indeed that is what has happened. NL is a volatile character and it must be a nightmare to be in his firing line. However, some of the performances by players have not been good enough and the team have underachieved. This may have been acceptable under previous Hibs Managers but isn't under Lennon and criticism of the team I'd say is justified. It's also telling that the coaches are reputed to be all behind Lennon.

Whatever has happended, Lennon's position has been undermined and I can see no way back for him.

Lago
28-01-2019, 09:47 AM
He doesn’t - he said nothing had changed with the relationship.

If they didn’t like him on Friday morning, there’s nothing that would have changed by Sunday afternoon :wink:
Claims relationship between Lennon & players is as strong as ever & was shocked to see him relieved of his duties. So don't know what to make of it or situation at ER.

Lago
28-01-2019, 09:49 AM
OK. Here's a scenario (source - me making stuff up) -

Neil Lennon has already been formally warned, in writing, about his conduct by the board (touchline bans, inappropriate behaviour in his free time, maybe other stuff in private meetings, whatever...). This could explain his absence from media duties and also his behaviour/body language on the bench during matches).

During the team meeting on Friday, Lennon switches to hair dryer mode which is heard by all who happen to be at East Mains. Even though the players are used to it (hence the SDG quotes) Leeann thinks he's going OTT, especially with specific players.

Leeann calls Neil Lennon into her office to discuss this and he goes radio rental, oversteps the mark. Leeann finally decides that enough is enough, that he is unable to work within the club's structure and given that he was already on a final warning, suspends him.

This covers all the bases -

SDG can honestly say that nothing's changed in the relationship between the manager and the players.
The other coaching staff, while maybe not condoning Lennon's behaviour, are even less impressed by Leeann's intervention, hence their rumoured reluctance to take temporary charge.
Radio silence from the parties concerned - confidentiality being standard in disciplinary proceedings.
Rod Petrie gets the blame as usual.

I like your analysis, :agree:however something stinks about this whole affair.:confused:

Barney McGrew
28-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Claims relationship between Lennon & players is as strong as ever & was shocked to see him relieved of his duties. So don't know what to make of it or situation at ER.

The exact quote could be interpreted both ways:

“In terms of the relationship between the players and the manager it has always been the same. That’s just the way it was”

scoopyboy
28-01-2019, 09:57 AM
My personal take is Hibs don't like paying out compensation to sack managers.

NL has been disciplined by the club previously and this was the opportunity to get rid of without having to pay up contract.

Amanda Jones will have this off to a tee I would imagine as it is her area of expertise.

Conclusion - Hibs have been waiting for a wee while to put this into effect and Friday was the opportunity.

I have made most of this up but it might not be far away from what has happened.

Bottom line is no way back for Neil Lennon.

Speedy
28-01-2019, 11:56 AM

Likewise, the European run is skewed because we entered at such an early stage. It was good while it lasted but we didn't actually progress much further than we usually do.

pacoluna
28-01-2019, 12:09 PM
I can't see him coming back as disappointed as I am, we need to move on.

Ridiculous the amount of people on this forum who are trying to rewrite history however.

Greenworld
28-01-2019, 12:11 PM
I think Michael Stewart is bang on the money and there is a lot more to this than Friday's fall out.

I have mixed feelings over this situation, the timing of which is a nightmare for the Club. I think NL has wrongly singled out Kamberi for public criticism; regardless of who is to blame (the Manager or the Club), recruitment was not good last Summer and the service to the strikers from midfield has been very poor for most of the season. Team selection at times has also been questionable, although I think a lot of that is down to player availability and injuries which have been crippling.

What doesn't sit right with me is players going behind the Managers back and running to Directors complaining about him, if indeed that is what has happened. NL is a volatile character and it must be a nightmare to be in his firing line. However, some of the performances by players have not been good enough and the team have underachieved. This may have been acceptable under previous Hibs Managers but isn't under Lennon and criticism of the team I'd say is justified. It's also telling that the coaches are reputed to be all behind Lennon.

Whatever has happended, Lennon's position has been undermined and I can see no way back for him.M stewart has hit the nail on the head I believe it's nothing to do with players but a massive fallout rant at LD " you know **** all about football shut it " about covers it .
Now I have to say this does not sound like NL but he has not been his normal self for some time so could be being irrational.

The whole thing needs resolved st speed I don't think Hibs can speak to any other manager while lennon is just suspended .

That's my version take it or leave it [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
28-01-2019, 12:17 PM
I really wish all this business could get done ASAP. I’m bored with it now and I really want us to get a new man in the door and start climbing the table again. I take there will be no more players coming in January either :confused: What a mess :rolleyes:

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2019, 01:03 PM

Yes, massively so.

jacomo
28-01-2019, 01:03 PM
My personal take is Hibs don't like paying out compensation to sack managers.

NL has been disciplined by the club previously and this was the opportunity to get rid of without having to pay up contract.

Amanda Jones will have this off to a tee I would imagine as it is her area of expertise.

Conclusion - Hibs have been waiting for a wee while to put this into effect and Friday was the opportunity.

I have made most of this up but it might not be far away from what has happened.

Bottom line is no way back for Neil Lennon.

What was he disciplined for previously?

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2019, 07:20 PM
What was he disciplined for previously?

Could be for not turning up at work at the end of last season? Just guessing though.

Big L
28-01-2019, 07:44 PM
I think he wanted the club to spend more cash and they refused. I read recently that including SA Lenny has brought in 33 players, a fact that surprised me until I read all the names. I think the club has given him great support but are not prepared to go in to debt.

Eyrie
28-01-2019, 08:22 PM
What doesn't sit right with me is players going behind the Managers back and running to Directors complaining about him, if indeed that is what has happened.

I'd disagree. if you feel that you're being badly treated by your line manager, you have the right to raise the issue further up the food chain.

Could be for not turning up at work at the end of last season? Just guessing though.

I'd assume that his absences were health related unless there is hard evidence to the contrary, so that wouldn't be a problem.

beensaidbefore
28-01-2019, 08:22 PM

👍 Well said.

beensaidbefore
28-01-2019, 08:25 PM
Those are all real highs but it can't be fixed.

I agree that it's a massive loss, but only if we were going to continue in the direction that the facts above suggested. Unfortunately the suspension suggests to me that we weren't going to as I interpret it as having been the culmination of something that has been developing for a while.

Lennon brought real strengths with him: his pedigree and standing in the game meant the club had a much higher profile, he attracted players like Ambrose who I think we wouldn't otherwise have had, at stages we had a real steel about us and a never say die attitude (I can remember several times going a goal down and casually assuming we would still come back and win), he didn't take any crap from anyone and as a club we needed to project that, I think he was genuinely ambitious for us to compete for second in the league and through most of the time here he seemed to really get the club and the fans.

I had hoped that the recent dip would be turned around and that he could get us back to where we were when at our best under him. Other things being equal I think he could have had us doing that, but other things weren't equal and I think whatever has happened will probably ultimately prove to be the best for both him and Hibernian. I certainly hope so.

The best Neil Lennon was superb for Hibs and I'm not sure I've seen better, the worst Neil Lennon was not working for us sadly and we could and should do better.

👌

B.H.F.C
28-01-2019, 08:30 PM
Yes, massively so.

If it is reworded to ‘the highest points total since we moved to a 38 game season where you got 3 points for a win’ that still makes it the best season in the last 20 odd years. And better than most in the previous however many years when it was a 36 game season with three point wins.

Why so keen to try and put a negative slant on that achievement?

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2019, 08:43 PM
If it is reworded to ‘the highest points total since we moved to a 38 game season where you got 3 points for a win’ that still makes it the best season in the last 20 odd years. And better than most in the previous however many years when it was a 36 game season with three point wins.

Why so keen to try and put a negative slant on that achievement?

There's no negative slant from me on what was a good season and a good achievement.

I'm not fond of repeatedly using a stat that's absolutely inaccurate to justify why we're fools to part with Lennon etc.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2019, 08:58 PM
I'd assume that his absences were health related unless there is hard evidence to the contrary, so that wouldn't be a problem.

That’s fine for you to assume but I think the club will have dealt with facts. :greengrin

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 08:59 PM

Not for us. For our former head coach.

Stokesy's on fire
29-01-2019, 12:53 AM
I believe it can be fixed. Sometimes its good to reach boiling point and get everything out in the open and start again. We all know Lennon is determined man. Never ever say never. They all have what it takes to sit down as a club a d sort this shambles out.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2019, 05:19 AM
I believe it can be fixed. Sometimes its good to reach boiling point and get everything out in the open and start again. We all know Lennon is determined man. Never ever say never. They all have what it takes to sit down as a club a d sort this shambles out.

There is no way Lennon can come back from being suspended. It doesn't happen very often but I can't ever recall a manager being suspended by their club and then coming back to be reinstated a few days or weeks later.

It's just not going to happen.

DetroitHibs
29-01-2019, 07:05 AM
If it turns out LD is in the wrong, who knows?

MB62
29-01-2019, 07:26 AM

Time to get someone new in, and let him get on with it.

:top marks

My feelings exactly Fred.

Managers come and go, players come and go, the club are the one consistent throughout time and fans are a lifetime commitment.

Stokesy's on fire
29-01-2019, 09:03 AM
There is no way Lennon can come back from being suspended. It doesn't happen very often but I can't ever recall a manager being suspended by their club and then coming back to be reinstated a few days or weeks later.

Remember Lennon has a mental health condition that is very complex. He perhaps needs help perhaps he doesn't but there is ways to solve issues without sacking him.

Wilson
29-01-2019, 09:09 AM
Should Lennon get some kind of reprieve I fear we would just be delaying the inevitable. He hasn't been especially happy since the Hearts game last season and results, more worryingly performances, haven't been good this season.

We need a respectful parting of ways for the good of Lennon and the club.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Remember Lennon has a mental health condition that is very complex. He perhaps needs help perhaps he doesn't but there is ways to solve issues without sacking him.

I doubt the club would have suspended him if his absence was just down to mental health issues. I would have thought that they would have given him some compassionate leave if that was the case. The fact that hasn't happened and Parker's also nowhere to be seen suggests that is not the reason for his absence.

H18 SFR
29-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Is it true that Lennon wants to stay and get the issues resolved?

BoomtownHibees
29-01-2019, 12:02 PM

Where did you hear that?

The 90+2
29-01-2019, 12:05 PM
If it turns out LD is in the wrong, who knows?

If Petrie was to come to that conclusion we would probably be looking at finding a new Head Coach and CEO.

Hibs_Benedict
29-01-2019, 01:01 PM

He was suspended at bolton

One Day Soon
29-01-2019, 01:07 PM

I find that a bit unbelievable after all that has gone on in the last few days. And I have little doubt that would not be in the best interest of either the club or Neil.

But it wouldn't half be funny to see one or two poster reactions on here were that to turn out to be the case.

Baker9
29-01-2019, 01:14 PM

I think that is a very valid issue you have raised and I trust the club to be taking that into account.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2019, 05:19 PM
He was suspended at bolton

I'm not sure he was ever actually suspended by Bolton. They investigated claims in a newspaper that he threatened to have a knife taken to a woman's throat over claims of an affair but that was it as far as i'm aware.

Stokesy's on fire
29-01-2019, 05:40 PM
I doubt the club would have suspended him if his absence was just down to mental health issues. I would have thought that they would have given him some compassionate leave if that was the case. The fact that hasn't happened and Parker's also nowhere to be seen suggests that is not the reason for his absence.

Parker will be standing by Neil Lennon. I believe LD and NL can fix this.

Wilson
29-01-2019, 05:45 PM

Please fix it for me to get back to my media duties, with a hefty payoff from Hibs, so that I can talk about Celtic without the stress of managing ungrateful boy band snowflakes.

Signed Neil.

madhatter
29-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Fix what? Without knowing what needs fixed I cannot understand why people are pleading for things to be fixed.

What is broken? Lennon's relationship with Hibs.
Why? No idea.

Why do people end up thinking Leeann and Hibs should fix it with Lennon and why are there so many suggestions of "maybe Leeann got it wrong" or "what if Leeann got it wrong" or "Hibs just didn't match Lennon's ambition". Sorry the way this sits with me is knifing Leeann in the back or saying she messed something up so we can dream Lennon was picture perfect. Bothers me because Leeann has been a bigger force for change than Lennon and yet it looks like people are pleading for her to be the wrongdoer rather than Lennon.

Put it this way, if Leeann got it wrong and suspended Lennon over nothing, Leeann is finished. This could be the case but saddens me that this is the way people are thinking just because we've had a good Head Coach for 2 years...

Tells me one thing, say the right things in interviews and you can please the masses. Leeann has had criticism over communication from the club this season while Lennon is saying all the suitable soundbites in the media. Feel very sorry for Leeann in this, she may be in the wrong and Lennon may be innocent of something...but while we all know nothing I'm reluctant to side with Lennon over Leeann, even on the subject of who was wrong or right.

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 06:13 PM
It in a past life, I was a Union rep and I know exactly what I would say to Leeann and Rod, "you knew what you were getting when you appointed him and you still appointed him". Leeann will not last long at Hibs after this, no matter the rights and wrongs, the damage that she has taken from this means, inevitably that her time at the club is coming to an end. The tragedy and it is a tragedy that despite all his measurably imperfections, Lennon is a very fine man indeed. To have lost a man of his quality is incredible. As for Leeann, she has taken a course of action which many will support but many do not. In the fullness of time the hostility towards her will increase maybe not to the level that Rod Petrie experience but enough to make her departure to the SFA inevitable. We have a weak board at Easter Road and it is really time for a change there.

cabbageandribs1875
29-01-2019, 06:19 PM
It in a past life, I was a Union rep and I know exactly what I would say to Leeann and Rod, "you knew what you were getting when you appointed him and you still appointed him". Leeann will not last long at Hibs after this, no matter the rights and wrongs, the damage that she has taken from this means, inevitably that her time at the club is coming to an end. The tragedy and it is a tragedy that despite all his measurably imperfections, Lennon is a very fine man indeed. To have lost a man of his quality is incredible. As for Leeann, she has taken a course of action which many will support but many do not. In the fullness of time the hostility towards her will increase maybe not to the level that Rod Petrie experience but enough to make her departure to the SFA inevitable. We have a weak board at Easter Road and it is really time for a change there.

tam cowan and a couple of guests(can't for the life of me remember who they were) were saying the exact same several weeks ago on 'Off The Ball'

you're not Tam Cowan are you :greengrin

Stuart93
29-01-2019, 06:19 PM

I see what you’re saying regarding Leeann and have to disagree.

Neil Lennon may well be a very fine man but lennon isn’t hibs. He certainly had his downfalls not just his behaviour.

As a club we’ve come on leaps and bounds under Leeann’s stewardship and it’ll take more than this to see her move on. To be honest I don’t think any fan hostility would drive a person like Leeann out the club, I think she’d leave on her own merit.

Inconsequential
29-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Remember Lennon has a mental health condition that is very complex. He perhaps needs help perhaps he doesn't but there is ways to solve issues without sacking him. No one from the club has confirmed that Neil Lennon is suspended. Maybe he was advised to take some time out due to health concerns and won't. He has been working under some considerable stress due to the recent form of the side. But then usually his assistant would take the reins. What has Garry Parker done to be removed from his duties? Will we ever know? I'm getting bored with the whole mess now and the silence from the club is deafening.

Billy Whizz
29-01-2019, 06:21 PM
tam cowan and a couple of guests(can't for the life of me remember who they were) were saying the exact same several weeks ago on 'Off The Ball'

I know a lady that works for Celtic foundation, she said you wouldn’t believe the amount of unpublished charity work he does

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Leeann has been great for Hibs but this is beyond right and wrong, our fellow supporters are not united on this and all the good that she has undoubtedly done will in the fullness of time be forgotten, it is the nature of life. Leeann appointed Neil Lennon and she considered she could manage him either she could not because she did not have the skills or he was unmanageable, either way she does not come out of this debacle well. She cannot be blame free. It not a mess, it a tragedy as both are very, very good human beings.

bigwheel
29-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Leeann has been great for Hibs but this is beyond right and wrong, our fellow supporters are not united on this and all the good that she has undoubtedly done will in the fullness of time be forgotten, it is the nature of life. Leeann appointed Neil Lennon and she considered she could manage him either she could not because she did not have the skills or he was unmanageable, either way she does not come out of this debacle well. She cannot be blame free. It not a mess, it a tragedy as both are very, very good human beings.

What a wonderful , insightful post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2019, 06:37 PM

What has she done wrong? I'm assuming you know what happened?

CockneyRebel
29-01-2019, 06:40 PM

This ranks as the worst post I have ever read on here and I've read a few!

Stuart93
29-01-2019, 06:45 PM

Aye we heard you the first time

Dashing Bob S
29-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Lennon will be back. He and Leann will make up and have a baby called Neilanne who will play full back for Hibs. And Holland

Wilson
29-01-2019, 06:54 PM
Lennon will be back. He and Leann will make up and have a baby called Neilanne who will play full back for Hibs. And Holland

After the past couple of days it's nice to hear something positive.

I'd like to see our ties with Holland strengthened on the back of legendary names like Humphrey Rudge.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2019, 06:56 PM

Without knowing the facts, i cant really comment on whether she's managed this situation well or not.

If someone has overstepped the mark that they need to be taken out the job, that is hardly Dempsters fault, she cant be expected to just let him away with whatever he likes?

Its the same with players like Russel Latapy, McLeish would give him much more rope than any of the others, but there does become a time like with him that enough is enough.

Again without knowing the facts, this is all speculation, but Dempster has been very good at her job before us and with us, i think she does have the skills to manage anyone who happens to be our manager, but that does not give that person carte blanche to say and do what they like.

If that is whats happened?

PatHead
29-01-2019, 07:04 PM

What have you been taking? Load of *****.

Waxy
29-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Leeann has been great for Hibs but this is beyond right and wrong, our fellow supporters are not united on this and all the good that she has undoubtedly done will in the fullness of time be forgotten, it is the nature of life. Leeann appointed Neil Lennon and she considered she could manage him either she could not because she did not have the skills or he was unmanageable, either way she does not come out of this debacle well. She cannot be blame free. It not a mess, it a tragedy as both are very, very good human beings.Load of Mcin TOSH

madhatter
29-01-2019, 07:16 PM

United on what? How can our fans be united on the unknown? Kamberi appears to have had a tough time and threatened to leave (rumour) and yet some fans think Lennon farts roses, meaning that Kamberi is a weakling and needs to toughen up to meet Neil "winning mentality" Lennon's ambitions. Yet the very same fans criticise Leeann for her management of Lennon. I assume this is because she takes some blame for taking action based on the heated team meeting (rumour) or for Lennon having a verbal attack against her (rumour). Lennon is rumoured to be suspended and yet almost everyone at the club has had an accusation passed their way.

"Leeann messed it up and Lennon is innocent"
"Bartley is a snake"
"Whittaker has been sacked"
"Kamberi is a crybaby and needs to toughen up"
"Hanlon grassed on Lennon"

Honestly it sickens me how far people are bending this so other people are suspected to be at fault. We do not know the details but if Lennon is suspended then the majority of blame sits squarely with him. Unless the unthinkable came to pass, where Leeann comes out with a statement saying "Sorry everyone, I got it terribly wrong and Lennon has been reinstated. I will now relinquish my position and leave immediately. Best Wishes.". Sickens me that some people seem to think this is a better scenario or seem to be trying to undermine her position to soften the blow that Lennon may have actually messed things up.

We've went from "Leeann has been a breath of fresh air and clearly wants the club to progress" to "Leeann is just another evil board member who hasn't backed Lennon" in a jiffy. In my opinion, until anyone knows what has happened they should side with the club and it's custodians as much as possible. Seems fans are creating rumours to reignite the anti-Hibs establishment nonsense again, it's a Ponzi scheme!

One thing I do agree with you on is, both Leeann and Lennon seem to be perfectly nice people. However, I know neither of them personally. Lennon and/or Leeann leaving the club is not a tragedy, it is just the end of a chapter in the history of the club. The club will live on.

Leith Green
29-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Id be stunned if there is a future for Lennon with Hibs after all of this. I dont see how there is any way back from this , it’s something that would never be finished with.

Waxy
29-01-2019, 07:27 PM
I completely trust this has been done for the right reasons.LD and the board know rights from wrongs. I thought NL was a fantastic manager for us but it seems he’s gone too far with unknown words or actions.
We move on.

wookie70
29-01-2019, 09:25 PM
It in a past life, I was a Union rep and I know exactly what I would say to Leeann and Rod, "you knew what you were getting when you appointed him and you still appointed him". Leeann will not last long at Hibs after this, no matter the rights and wrongs, the damage that she has taken from this means, inevitably that her time at the club is coming to an end. The tragedy and it is a tragedy that despite all his measurably imperfections, Lennon is a very fine man indeed. To have lost a man of his quality is incredible. As for Leeann, she has taken a course of action which many will support but many do not. In the fullness of time the hostility towards her will increase maybe not to the level that Rod Petrie experience but enough to make her departure to the SFA inevitable. We have a weak board at Easter Road and it is really time for a change there. Who would you be representing in that scenario. Hopefully not LD

wookie70
29-01-2019, 09:27 PM
I know a lady that works for Celtic foundation, she said you wouldn’t believe the amount of unpublished charity work he does
What's that got to do with anything. Some of the most unpleasant people I know do a lot of good work for charity

BlackSheep
29-01-2019, 09:49 PM
I’m still waiting for the official statement that Lennon has been suspended... never mind sacked or mutually agreed....!

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 10:34 PM
I see what you’re saying regarding Leeann and have to disagree.

Neil Lennon may well be a very fine man but lennon isn’t hibs. He certainly had his downfalls not just his behaviour.

As a club we’ve come on leaps and bounds under Leeann’s stewardship and it’ll take more than this to see her move on. To be honest I don’t think any fan hostility would drive a person like Leeann out the club, I think she’d leave on her own merit. Neither Leeann or Neil are Hibs, we are. I don't think it will be fan hostility that will affect her but it would naive to think that this will not have an effect.

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 10:36 PM
What has she done wrong? I'm assuming you know what happened? Who is claiming that she has done anything wrong?

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Neither Leeann or Neil are Hibs, we are. I don't think it will be fan hostility that will affect her but it would naive to think that this will not have an effect.

This doesn't even make sense? You don't think fan hostility will affect her but you think it will have an effect?

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 10:38 PM
This ranks as the worst post I have ever read on here and I've read a few! You need to visit this forum more often :wink:

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Aye we heard you the first time You ability to read is clearly lacking.:na na:

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 10:42 PM
What have you been taking? Load of *****. Please keep taking lithium, the side effects in your case will be minor.

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 10:46 PM
United on what? How can our fans be united on the unknown? Kamberi appears to have had a tough time and threatened to leave (rumour) and yet some fans think Lennon farts roses, meaning that Kamberi is a weakling and needs to toughen up to meet Neil "winning mentality" Lennon's ambitions. Yet the very same fans criticise Leeann for her management of Lennon. I assume this is because she takes some blame for taking action based on the heated team meeting (rumour) or for Lennon having a verbal attack against her (rumour). Lennon is rumoured to be suspended and yet almost everyone at the club has had an accusation passed their way.

"Leeann messed it up and Lennon is innocent"
"Bartley is a snake"
"Whittaker has been sacked"
"Kamberi is a crybaby and needs to toughen up"
"Hanlon grassed on Lennon"

Honestly it sickens me how far people are bending this so other people are suspected to be at fault. We do not know the details but if Lennon is suspended then the majority of blame sits squarely with him. Unless the unthinkable came to pass, where Leeann comes out with a statement saying "Sorry everyone, I got it terribly wrong and Lennon has been reinstated. I will now relinquish my position and leave immediately. Best Wishes.". Sickens me that some people seem to think this is a better scenario or seem to be trying to undermine her position to soften the blow that Lennon may have actually messed things up.

We've went from "Leeann has been a breath of fresh air and clearly wants the club to progress" to "Leeann is just another evil board member who hasn't backed Lennon" in a jiffy. In my opinion, until anyone knows what has happened they should side with the club and it's custodians as much as possible. Seems fans are creating rumours to reignite the anti-Hibs establishment nonsense again, it's a Ponzi scheme!

One thing I do agree with you on is, both Leeann and Lennon seem to be perfectly nice people. However, I know neither of them personally. Lennon and/or Leeann leaving the club is not a tragedy, it is just the end of a chapter in the history of the club. The club will live on.

I don't think you have read my post clearly, I stated they were "not united", I have not ascribed guilt to any party. It is not a tragedy for the club but them.

Captain Trips
29-01-2019, 10:47 PM

I do not need to know what happened. I just need to decide if I think LD is level headed and every decision made is done so for the club. LD has done nothing thus far while at the club for me to think anything other than she is excellent in the role.

So based on my trust in the ability and decision making of LD I will conclude she has made the correct decision on Friday.

The fans are not united on 100s of things over the years and most seasons.

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 10:48 PM
Who would you be representing in that scenario. Hopefully not LD She will be represented I am sure by Amanda Jones

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 10:55 PM
This doesn't even make sense? You don't think fan hostility will affect her but you think it will have an effect? Consequences cannot be foreseen. Experience, by contrast, can all too easily be projected in to the future. Leeann position will be secure at the moment but she will experience hostility as her stock inevitability reduces. There is an inbuilt obsolescence to manager and even Chief- Executives. This is nothing personal both are nice people but it is naive to think what happened will not have a consequence for both parties.

The Modfather
29-01-2019, 11:00 PM
Consequences cannot be foreseen. Experience can, by contrast, can all too easily be projected in to the future. Leeann position will be secure at the moment but it she will experience hostility as her stock inevitability reduces. There is an inbuilt obsolescence to manager and even Chief- Executives. This is nothing personal both are nice people but it is naive to think what happened will not have a consequence for both parties.

You don’t half ramble in your posts when trying to make a point.

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 11:04 PM
You don’t half ramble in your posts when trying to make a point. I do have my work cut out educating you :wink: I am not privileged enough to be a member of the Cosa Nostra like you :na na:

Captain Trips
29-01-2019, 11:05 PM
Consequences cannot be foreseen. Experience, by contrast, can all too easily be projected in to the future. Leeann position will be secure at the moment but she will experience hostility as her stock inevitability reduces. There is an inbuilt obsolescence to manager and even Chief- Executives. This is nothing personal both are nice people but it is naive to think what happened will not have a consequence for both parties.

Why will she experience hostility and why would her stock reduce? If it turns out she was correct would that not show how good a job being done and is a person who isn't afraid to make big calls thus making stock rise.

McIntosh
29-01-2019, 11:14 PM
Why will she experience hostility and why would her stock reduce? If it turns out she was correct would that not show how good a job being done and is a person who isn't afraid to make big calls thus making stock rise. Neil Lennon is not a person without friends or influence, arguable the media over the last few days have been in general supportive of him. Your hypothesis while logical does not factor in the enmity which this type of incident produces and its wider repercussions. I have no doubt that Hibs will uphold any non-disclosure agreement though I suspect that Neil's position will become clear through his "friends". This is not about right or wrong and I am making no judgement.

Captain Trips
30-01-2019, 12:06 AM
Neil Lennon is not a person without friends or influence, arguable the media over the last few days have been in general supportive of him. Your hypothesis while logical does not factor in the enmity which this type of incident produces and its wider repercussions. I have no doubt that Hibs will uphold any non-disclosure agreement though I suspect that Neil's position will become clear through his "friends". This is not about right or wrong and I am making no judgement.

If true then LD would already know all this far more than us and feels like me it will cause no repercussions. Butcher has plenty of friends in media etc and she punted him.

A few weeks after he is gone there will be new meat for the media to chew on.

McIntosh
30-01-2019, 08:29 AM
If true then LD would already know all this far more than us and feels like me it will cause no repercussions. Butcher has plenty of friends in media etc and she punted him.

A few weeks after he is gone there will be new meat for the media to chew on. You may well be right, time will tell as it always does.