PDA

View Full Version : That's exactly what was needed

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Had we lost today, the mood on this board would have become even poisonous, if that's possible.

Probably more important than that, Leeann Dempster and Rod Petrie must be hugely relieved because as we saw last night/this morning, the folk who oppose the board were mobilising again (if that's the right word). This window will give them the room to focus on finding a new manager and driving the club forward.

A decent win, from a losing position, will unite people and we can start looking forward to a new era with a different manager.

I'd love to think we could still bring in some quality before Thursday, although I think that's unlikely, but we can relax about relegation and maybe even try for the top 6 finish which I thought we'd achieve before yesterday's chaos.

This window is far more important than just 3 points. I'm sure there will be more positivity from the majority of posters. I might even clear my ignore list. Well, prune it a bit at least. :greengrin

SMAXXA
27-01-2019, 02:38 PM
Like 😃

Hibeesmad
27-01-2019, 02:43 PM
5 points off the top 6 with a better goal difference than 5th and 6th place. Onwards and upwards 👍

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Like 😃

Nah, you're staying on ignore :greengrin

A Hi-Bee
27-01-2019, 02:46 PM
The three points just had to be won today, **** knows what would have happened had we lost.

judas
27-01-2019, 02:49 PM
Agreed. That was a significant result that put the reverse thrusters on a potential decline.

SMAXXA
27-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Nah, you're staying on ignore :greengrin

😱

GreenT
27-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Couldn't agree more.

heretoday
27-01-2019, 02:58 PM
It was great but that first half almost had me turning to drink (again).

Glory Lurker
27-01-2019, 02:59 PM
I should probably be worried about how much my mood has been improved by something as unimportant in the scheme of things as a football result!

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 03:02 PM
I should probably be worried about how much my mood has been improved by something as unimportant in the scheme of things as a football result!

That's a very good, but disturbing, point.

SaulGoodman
27-01-2019, 03:06 PM
Did Provan mention anything about Lyons going over the top of the ball on Gray or was he still too busy trying to tell everyone how Gray should be sent off for winning the ball?

Fud.

wookie70
27-01-2019, 03:22 PM
I think we still need to buy some players, particularly some more centre forwards. If Milligan is coming back he, Bartley, Whittaker and Gray all give us the option of cover at the back if Ryan is out for a while. We are very short on numbers and it will be tricky to bring anyone in with Lennon suspended as that is almost saying he is guilty half way through a process. I don't think we have a choice though and as May was in charge today he can work with the recruitment team to identify a few, hopefully loan deals. Let's see out the season but still try to get into the top six. Then a new manager in the summer will be able to have a fairly clean slate and a good bit of cash and wages to play with. Onwards and upwards