PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

AugustaHibs
27-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Proved he can do it today. Thought his hold up play was excellent. Keep playing like that with that much effort and the goals will come!!

Vault Boy
27-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Completely agree. Good attitude from him.

hibby6270
27-01-2019, 03:29 PM
He was “alright” today but still a shadow of the player from second half of last season. It’s clear he’s a confidence player and today will hopefully go some way to him getting that spark back.

dp00
27-01-2019, 03:30 PM
The boy needs help , kept coming short and no one was supporting him or running beyond .. much better performance but let’s get someone up there with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
27-01-2019, 03:30 PM
He’s a really good player and people forget how young he is.

Strikers can only hold the ball up for so long, for the majority of the season he has held it up and no one has got anywhere near him.

Very unselfish display today.

The goals will come.

Can see he is still short of confidence.

hibee_girl
27-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Much better when he had someone up front with him, what a surprise that is.

K.Marx
27-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Did about as well he could for the first hour when he was getting balls launched at him. Much better last half hour when we were getting the ball on the deck and linking midfield and attack. Go figure. Shaw helped massively as well

wookie70
27-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Thought he was poor first half but that was because of the system and style. Much better in the second half with more energy, probably just because he didn't need binoculars to see his mates. Shaw was better of the two when he came on by a margin though and is a far better player than most give credit.

S4uzee
27-01-2019, 03:35 PM
I thought he was poor today

Allant1981
27-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Didn't think he was any better today than normal but yet again in the first half the ball wasn't getting pumped up to him in the air, he isn't that type of player

SMAXXA
27-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Thought it was much the same from him unfortunately do like him as a player thought and hope he comes good

kaimendhibs
27-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Didn't see it. Wins nothing in the air, stands still and allows defender to get in front, wasn't making runs.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

SlickShoes
27-01-2019, 03:39 PM
When he has support and overlapping runners he does well, when he has no support he creates nothing and can't hold on to the ball, it's hardly difficult to notice.

gramskiwood
27-01-2019, 03:39 PM
We need to stop playing with one up front.

lyonhibs
27-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Needs a partner. Really quite simple. He played well but only ever got the ball facing the St Mirren goal when Shaw came on. Some of the thumps up the park he got dealt with in the first half were hopeless. He's not Kevin Kyle so why we would ever again play him up top on his own is beyond me.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 03:40 PM
A nice lay off for Mallan's second apart, I wasn't impressed with him at all.

we are hibs
27-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Done well for the equaliser to bring it down and lay it off for Mallan.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-01-2019, 03:42 PM
The change of shape brought the best out of him. Playing him as one up with a midfield in a different postcode was hanging him out to dry.

CraigHibee
27-01-2019, 03:44 PM
He cannot do it alone and needs support, he will come good again, his confidence would have taken a hammering after lennon ripping him to shreds as well

A Hi-Bee
27-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Needs a partner. Really quite simple. He played well but only ever got the ball facing the St Mirren goal when Shaw came on. Some of the thumps up the park he got dealt with in the first half were hopeless. He's not Kevin Kyle so why we would ever again play him up top on his own is beyond me.

Agreed and someone who plays each week, dont know if that will be Oli or J.Mac or someone still to arrive but they have to go with 2 up front.

Hibs90
27-01-2019, 03:53 PM
He was excellent second half. Utterly bizarre comments from some posters.

alihibs1
27-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Brilliant skill right in the corner in the second half.

The boy is a player. Unplayable when at his best. Give him service, encouragement and a strike partner and we’ll see the best of Flo again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunfyhibee
27-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Much improved second half with a partner, been clear to see all season he can’t play up top by himself. Midfield also reacting better to flick on and knock downs second half

Stevie Reid
27-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Have seen Kamberi play excellently on many occasions, and today was nowhere near that.

Contributed well enough second half, but his willingness to get involved in the physical side of things, as well as his general appetite for the game, is way below the standards he set previously IMO.

PeeJay
27-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Thought Kamberi had a decent 2nd half - he held the ball up well, played some nice passes and worked hard - he was frustrated as ever at Hibs slow-slow build-up play - he makes good runs and then the ball comes too late - Flo is a great asset for the club, just needs to be used properly !!

The Spaceman
27-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Looks a completely different player when he finally has a strike partner. Shock. He has undoubted quality and ability.

Well done today Flo, we are all behind you!!

GreenProfessor
27-01-2019, 04:51 PM
Looks a completely different player when he finally has a strike partner. Shock. He has undoubted quality and ability.

Well done today Flo, we are all behind you!!

Totally agree with your sentiments. Thought Flo played well in the second half and had some nice touches and interplay with SDG on the wing. I really hope his confidence returns and he kicks on, we need him.

B.H.F.C
27-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Thought he was better second half. Not brilliant, but better.

ancient hibee
27-01-2019, 04:58 PM
A nice lay off for Mallan's second apart, I wasn't impressed with him at all.
Mallan’s second? You must have been watching a different game I think.If you mean the third goal ,it was Shaw.

vercol36
I really like him. Solid player. Glad he’s with us - onwards and upwards Flo

DaveF
Thought he was better second half. Not brilliant, but better.

Yes and that pretty much mirrored the team performance.

Those slagging Flo need to give him a break.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Mallan’s second? You must have been watching a different game I think.If you mean the third goal ,it was Shaw.

Yes, I've been corrected.

sean04
27-01-2019, 05:30 PM
Maybe with macca coming back we will start to see both of them firing. Dunno if lennon has destroyed maccas confidence aswell. Shackles hopefully off for both of them

Pretty Boy
27-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Some of his link up with Gray was good, particularly in the 2nd half. If you watch the 3rd goal again his run drags a defender from the centre to help create the acres of space for Mallan as well.

1st half was same old, same old because he was isolated and having the ball humped at him. 2nd we got another striker on, pushed Mallan on and got the ball down. Suddenly he looked better. Funny that.

neil7908
27-01-2019, 05:47 PM
With a good forward up next to him and Scott Allan feeding balls thorough he'll be back to the player we saw last season. He's a quality player but never will be a lone striker.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 05:52 PM
I'll watch the 2nd half again. I'll be quite happy to revise my opinion if he was better than I noticed when I watched the game live.

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2019, 07:55 PM
A nice lay off for Mallan's second apart, I wasn't impressed with him at all.I think that's incredibly harsh...he was good 2nd half and involved in a lot of our decent moves. 1st half once again the service he got was honking. Clearly a confidence issue at the moment so we need to get behind the guy and encourage him...no wonder his confidence is fragile

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 07:58 PM
I think that's incredibly harsh...he was good 2nd half and involved in a lot of our decent moves. 1st half once again the service he got was honking. Clearly a confidence issue at the moment so we need to get behind the guy and encourage him...no wonder his confidence is fragile

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's not harsh. I haven't slated him or anything. I wasn't impressed, that's all.

If anything, I was too generous given that it was Shaw who laid the ball off for Mallan. :wink:

Hermit Crab
27-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Pish first half but much better in 2nd, he helped set up the equaliser and it was his header that daz followed up to lash home. Solid 6/10 for me.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 08:00 PM
Pish first half but much better in 2nd, he helped set up the equaliser and it was his header that daz followed up to lash home. Solid 6/10 for me.

I think it was Shaw's header.

hibee_girl
27-01-2019, 08:01 PM

:agree: it was Shaw

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 08:04 PM
I think it’s plainly obvious he works better in a two and links up with the midfielders when we are actually playing football instead of hoofball.

MrRobot
27-01-2019, 08:05 PM
I thought he played quite well today.

Hermit Crab
27-01-2019, 08:06 PM

:agree: it was Shaw

Was it? I didn't have the benefit of 10 replays, thought it was Kamberi that headed it. Can't tell them apart it seems.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 08:07 PM
Was it? I didn't have the benefit of 10 replays, thought it was Kamberi that headed it. Can't tell them apart it seems.

Yeah. I thought Kamberi laid it off for Mallan to score the third but that was Shaw too.

Greenworld
27-01-2019, 08:12 PM
I'm baffled he was ranked rotten won next to nothing Shaw changed the game with Mallan.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
27-01-2019, 08:23 PM
Yeah. I thought Kamberi laid it off for Mallan to score the third but that was Shaw too.

BBC saying it was Kamberis header?? :confused:

Mallan also had a hand in the second, his corner headed towards goal by Florian Kamberi and ex-Buddies defender McGregor reacting first to knock home after the striker's effort had been cleared off the line.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 08:26 PM
BBC saying it was Kamberis header?? :confused:

Mallan also had a hand in the second, his corner headed towards goal by Florian Kamberi and ex-Buddies defender McGregor reacting first to knock home after the striker's effort had been cleared off the line.

It was definitely Shaw.

I just listened to Darren McGregor's interview and he credited Olly with 2 assists and a goal.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Official site report says;

"The momentum was now with the visitors and it was no surprise when they scored again as Shaw’s header was cleared off the line by McGinn only for McGregor to smash it high into the net to give his side the lead."

judas
27-01-2019, 09:08 PM
I think Kamberi has ploughed a lone furrow for most of this season.

I would describe him as a reasonable player on the basis of what I have seen so far. I felt the targeted attacks on him by our ex manager were irrational, unhelpful and not in the best interests of the team.

familyman
27-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Get the midfield sorted and Flo will be just fine I reckon.No penny pinching get buying NOW

JimBHibees
28-01-2019, 07:33 AM
I think Kamberi has ploughed a lone furrow for most of this season.

I would describe him as a reasonable player on the basis of what I have seen so far. I felt the targeted attacks on him by our ex manager were irrational, unhelpful and not in the best interests of the team.

You have also got to ask if he thought he was playing so badly why did he continue to play him.

danhibees1875
28-01-2019, 08:03 AM
I thought Kamberi's first half wasn't that bad considering the general team performance and the role he was asked to play, there were a couple of lumped balls up to him that he managed to bring down on his chest to the midfield which is about as much as you can ask from him when playing a hoof ball 4-5-1. He then improved, along with the team, into the second half.

A little bit of 4-4-2 for a run of games and I'm confident we'll have the old Flo back. :aok:

Paloschi
28-01-2019, 08:33 AM
Hopefully a new manager will give him the confidence to kick on. With the right coaching and encouragement he will be a big player for us. He's still very young and just needs to find form again.

Tarrahib
28-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Hopefully a new manager will give him the confidence to kick on. With the right coaching and encouragement he will be a big player for us. He's still very young and just needs to find form again.
I noticed the photograph of Kamberi and Eddie May on the BBC Scotland football website.l hope it is a photo that is not meant to tell a story.

Seattle.Hibs
28-01-2019, 11:18 AM
just saw Kamberi in a falkirk car park with another man wonder what he’s doing in Falkirk

Sammy7nil
28-01-2019, 11:18 AM
He was excellent second half. Utterly bizarre comments from some posters.

None quite so bizarre as the excellent comment :greengrin:wink: He was okay but still looks a shadow of last year's player.

Keyser Sauzee
28-01-2019, 11:21 AM
just saw Kamberi in a falkirk car park with another man wonder what he’s doing in Falkirk

Signing for Stenny on loan

BILLYHIBS
28-01-2019, 11:28 AM
:thumbsup:

Exactly my thoughts

I thought Shaw was excellent when he came on one goal and two assists hopefully he can kick on and that is him on his way up there beside Jase and Deeks in the goalscoring stakes

Coco Bryce
28-01-2019, 11:41 AM

Meeting Lennon for Brunch & a cuddle?

Seattle.Hibs
28-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Meeting Lennon for Brunch & a cuddle?

Presume it was his agent he was with.

Barney McGrew
28-01-2019, 11:45 AM

If Hibs are doing investigations into what happened on Friday, then it’s going to be done well away from ER or East Mains.

Aim Here
28-01-2019, 11:49 AM

Taking advice from Ray McKinnon on how to renege on a football contract?

SMAXXA
28-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Presume it was his agent he was with.

He’s allowed more male associates and friends/family outwith his agent 😜

Coco Bryce
28-01-2019, 12:31 PM
It could be possible Kamberi has maybe played his last game for Hibs :confused:

Maybe Lennon said either he goes or I go :greengrin

Who knows :rolleyes:

hibbyfraelibby
28-01-2019, 01:00 PM
It could be possible Kamberi has maybe played his last game for Hibs :confused:

Maybe Lennon said either he goes or I go :greengrin

Who knows :rolleyes:
Kamberi will be around a while for a number of reasons

1. He is a good productive striker in the right system
2. We bought him cheap and hope to sell him high
3. No manager will touch him this window if they think he has the ability to get them sacked by throwing a strop
4. Lennon isn't calling the shots now

Coco Bryce
28-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Kamberi will be around a while for a number of reasons

1. He is a good productive striker in the right system
2. We bought him cheap and hope to sell him high
3. No manager will touch him this window if they think he has the ability to get them sacked by throwing a strop
4. Lennon isn't calling the shots now

5. Maybe he doesn't want to be here?

Barney McGrew
28-01-2019, 01:33 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/florian-kamberi-analysis-incessant-neil-lennon-criticism-hibs-team-meeting-and-future-1-4863569

Decent and balanced piece from Mark Atkinson.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 01:36 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/florian-kamberi-analysis-incessant-neil-lennon-criticism-hibs-team-meeting-and-future-1-4863569

4 goals in 18 games I didn’t realise his form was that bad..

Wilson
28-01-2019, 01:49 PM
4 goals in 18 games I didn’t realise his form was that bad..

The whole team's form is bad. A striker's return is only part of the picture.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 01:50 PM
The whole team's form is bad. A striker's return is only part of the picture.

Yes but it is pretty much all of the striker's picture.

Mac_17
28-01-2019, 02:01 PM
I though Flo looked good yesterday, good hold up play and chased a couple of lost causes.

I think we will see the best from him again, if we can find someone who can make the kind of passes that Scott Allan was putting through for him last season.

SChibs
28-01-2019, 02:16 PM
I though Flo looked good yesterday, good hold up play and chased a couple of lost causes.

I think we will see the best from him again, if we can find someone who can make the kind of passes that Scott Allan was putting through for him last season.

I think he have in Gauld and Mallan is capable when played further forward

Hibrandenburg
28-01-2019, 02:29 PM

Lennon told him "get tae Falkirk".

snedzuk
28-01-2019, 03:15 PM

did he have his 'bird guide' with him?

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/action-demanded-to-rid-park-of-voyeurs-1-291691

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 03:20 PM

All the way from Seattle? :greengrin

28-01-2019, 03:29 PM

Agreed. What on earth made Lennon think that a personal onslaught of that kind against Kamberi was good man management when the whole team has been in disarray as a result of losing our best midfield in years, an injury list not seen for a long time and him chopping and changing both players and tactics. There has been absolutely no consistency in our play or formations all season but he deems it to the fault of one individual!

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Heard a story in the pub yesterday that The Rangers came in with their usual ridiculously low bid for Florian Kamberi towards the end of the January transfer window and were politely told to “bolt” by HIBS

I imagine if true it would be their cunning plan to take advantage of the confusion at the club surrounding Lennys departure and to unsettle our player

Anyone else hear this rumour or can I file it under p for pish?

HibbySpurs
10-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Heard a story in the pub yesterday that The Rangers came in with their usual ridiculously low bid for Florian Kamberi towards the end of the January transfer window and were politely told to “bolt” by HIBS

I imagine if true it would be their cunning plan to take advantage of the confusion at the club surrounding Lennys departure and to unsettle our player

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they had. There was an article from Rangers Media musing on the possibility of this around the end of the window so maybe an element of truth in the rumour you heard? No doubt with Sunderland trying to usurp the Hibs deal with a 1.8m bid the huns would have factored that value into there’s and come in with around 180k 🤣🤣🤣,

Not that he’s currently a 1.8m player in his current form mind but we live in hope.

makaveli1875
10-02-2019, 09:46 AM

The Rangers tend to do their transfer bidding via the Daily Record , id be surprised if a guy in the pub heard it before the Record

Hermit Crab
10-02-2019, 11:54 AM
]Heard a story in the pub[/B] yesterday that The Rangers came in with their usual ridiculously low bid for Florian Kamberi towards the end of the January transfer window and were politely told to “bolt” by HIBS

It must be true then. :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
It must be true then. :greengrin
Don’t worry it has now become a dotnet fact low life Hun barstewards :greengrin

Mutu
10-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Yesterday Flo had good and bad moments. Can't fault his effort but you can definitely tell that he is almost trying too hard - he takes a mistake far worse than last season. The guy just needs a bit of a confidence boost which hopefully the new manager can provide.

It is a shame he has become the new boo boy. Not warranted IMO.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Might be an idea in an attempt to get his confidence back just play the easy ball rather than try the impossible shot from an impossible angle couple of times he had NcNulty waiting on a simple tap in :confused: