PDA

View Full Version : New Manager candidates from a bygone age

leithsansiro
27-01-2019, 11:51 AM
The impending need for a new manager has got me thinking about all those candidates who have previously been linked with us, either to be completely unrealistic or unsuitable.

I’m thinking about managers who still wouldn’t be a good shout.

I’ll start off with the oft quoted but never likely Jimmy Calderwood.

Jamesie
27-01-2019, 11:53 AM
There is an Icelandic name that has come up time and time again. Can't remember it right now though!

bigwheel
27-01-2019, 11:54 AM
The impending need for a new manager has got me thinking about all those candidates who have previously been linked with us, either to be completely unrealistic or unsuitable.

Unfortunately for Jimmy I think he is ill now..Alzheimer’s I think. Good luck to the guy [emoji106]

Callum_62
27-01-2019, 11:55 AM
There is an Icelandic name that has come up time and time again. Can't remember it right now though!

Think he managed stoke at some point or someone like that eh?

Edit - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guðjón_Þórðarson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
27-01-2019, 11:58 AM

Stuart Baxter.

There was a time he was mentioned for every managerial vacancy in Scotland but has never managed in Scotland, not ever. I have doubts that he actually exists - he was made up by the churnalists to fill copy. :greengrin

blaikie
27-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Jim Jeffries

Could never have seen it!