PDA

View Full Version : Communications from the club

hibee1875
26-01-2019, 12:03 PM
It’s now over 12 hours since this story broke and there’s been absolutely nothing from the club. Why?

Onceinawhile
26-01-2019, 12:05 PM
It’s now over 12 hours since this story broke and there’s been absolutely nothing from the club. Why?

Expect to read a reply saying - it's a confidential manner and they can't comment. Whilst that's partly true, there is nothing stopping them saying "we confirm that manager Neil Lennon has been suspended, Grant Murray will lead the team v St Mirren, we will release further details as appropriate."

To not say anything by 12 o'clock the next day is a piss take.

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Getting a bit strange now

Atleast tell us whos in charge for tomorrow

Imagine it was Neil. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
26-01-2019, 12:06 PM
There's a general feeling of apathy coming from the club at the moment, and this is being led by the board.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:07 PM

Who broke the story? I’m guessing Lennon has tipped off his journo pals and the club are looking at all the legalities of the situation before commenting. It’s not as straight forward as not giving a **** about the fans.

hibee
26-01-2019, 12:09 PM
The worst thing about this mess is the silence from the club, absolutely shocking way to treat fans.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 12:09 PM
It's a tricky one but I think we need a holding statement soon.

'Hibernian can confirm Neil Lennon has been suspended. No further comment will be made until formal procedures have been completed. Mr X will take charge of the team for Sundays game v St Mirren.'

Jobs a good 'un.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Getting a bit strange now

Atleast tell us whos in charge for tomorrow

Imagine it was Neil. [emoji23]

:faf:

That would send all of us completely over the edge!

Sir David Gray
Expect to read a reply saying - it's a confidential manner and they can't comment. Whilst that's partly true, there is nothing stopping them saying "we confirm that manager Neil Lennon has been suspended, Grant Murray will lead the team v St Mirren, we will release further details as appropriate."

There has to be a statement along those lines before kick off tomorrow. I would have expected something by now but as long as it comes before tomorrow's game then i'm comfortable with that.

JJP
There really needs to be a statement of the facts. Not expecting the whole inside story but just a statement that he is suspended if that is the case.

bigwheel
26-01-2019, 12:15 PM
I suspect they may want to resolve the situation before communicating...or alternatively because of the employment law aspects they are sensitive about communicating until they have a way forward

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
I wonder if the club are holding fire as they know we need a replacement quickly. Maybe a couple of out of work managers have indicated they are ready to take the job to see us through to the end of the season?

The 90+2

'Hibernian can confirm Neil Lennon has been suspended. No further comment will be made until formal procedures have been completed. Mr X will take charge of the team for Sundays game v St Mirren.'

Jobs a good 'un.

Neil Lennon and Gary Parker have a dose of the flu, Rod Petrie will take charge of team affairs on Sunday 👍

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2019, 12:16 PM
I am more concerned about the players and what they have been told. We could do a lot worse than let SDG take the team tomorrow.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:16 PM
I am more concerned about the players and what they have been told. We could do a lot worse than let SDG take the team tomorrow.

Stubbs for the game only, purely so he gets his proper send off whilst getting it up St Mirren.

BoyledEgg
26-01-2019, 12:17 PM

We need David Gray in the team, not taking it.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 12:17 PM

He should be on the pitch, not in the dugout.

Carheenlea
26-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Are there any other examples of this having been played out at other clubs that are similar in the sense of a major situation developing behind the scenes, followed with a communication black out which has been the case for almost 24 hours?

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2019, 12:20 PM
It sounds like an Employment Law issue, the media have it all over the press, don't see the value of Hibs issuing a one liner, best to keep powder dry on this occasion

theonlywayisup
26-01-2019, 12:21 PM
Maybe none of the backroom staff want to take charge; same with the senior players in the team

Onceinawhile
26-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Stubbs for the game only, purely so he gets his proper send off whilst getting it up St Mirren.

:faf:

Happy with that.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2019, 12:25 PM

Think he’s probably on the St Mirren payroll

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2019, 12:25 PM
He should be on the pitch, not in the dugout.

And his first action as interim manager would be to pick himself? If this is another time for heroes to step up, then I can't think of a better option. Only my opinion though.

hibsdaft
26-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Folk need to take a chill pill. This is a complicated situation and the Club need to make the right move or it could cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds. Lets give the club the time they need to make the right decisions. In terms of tomorrow, what will be will be. We need to see the bigger picture here.

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Folk need to take a chill pill. This is a complicated situation and the Club need to make the right move or it could cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds. Lets give the club the time they need to make the right decisions. In terms of tomorrow, what will be will be. We need to see the bigger picture here.

Is there literally any situation where our club acts swiftly a decisively?

We are always told to wait

hibbyfraelibby
26-01-2019, 12:32 PM
If you were suspended at work and your employer issued a statement as to why you had been suspended how would you feel and your lawyer react?

HibbyAndy
26-01-2019, 12:32 PM

Grant Murray along with Eddie May and Alan Combe will take the team tomorrow

B.H.F.C
26-01-2019, 12:34 PM
If you were suspended at work and your employer issued a statement as to why you had been suspended how would you feel and your lawyer react?

Nobody is suggestig they tell us why. But you’d expect them to confirm the position and who will take the team tomorrow.

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 12:34 PM

Whos asking details

We dont even officially know if he has been suspended

southern hibby
26-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Genuine question.

I’m not exactly sure why NL has been suspended, but read different things, so here’s my question.

Could he be suspended while Hibs are talking to employment solicitor to see if they can get his contract terminated for misconduct or whatever they may think it could be terminated under without having to pay him off?

Not trying to stir things up just really curious if this could be the case.

GGTTH

hibbyfraelibby
26-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Nobody is suggestig they tell us why. But you’d expect them to confirm the position and who will take the team tomorrow.

Why? Again if you are suspended at work would you expect them to tell the world who is doing your job and why or would that be an internal matter. Football fans need to live ,occassionally, in the real world and realise that sometimes they dont have any god given rights to know everything about anything

Onceinawhile
Grant Murray along with Eddie May and Alan Combe will take the team tomorrow

According to who? We only know this as someone has said so on t'internet and people sometimes say things that aren't true on the internet.

Callum_62
Genuine question.

I’m not exactly sure why NL has been suspended, but read different things, so here’s my question.

Could he be suspended while Hibs are talking to employment solicitor to see if they can get his contract terminated for misconduct or whatever they may think it could be terminated under without having to pay him off?

GGTTH

How do we even know hes been suspended?

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 12:44 PM

Apparently they did so last night.

hibbyfraelibby
26-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Whos asking details

We dont even officially know if he has been suspended

Exactly you dont know officially if he's actually been suspended and neither party has confirmed or denied it. There is a reason for that as this is a confidential matter between the employer and their employee which you as an outside third party have absolutely no god given right to know anything about despite a misguided sense of entitlement.

If there is a disciplinary / HR underway it must take its course without outside interference or overview.

HibbyAndy
26-01-2019, 12:46 PM
According to who? We only know this as someone has said so on t'internet and people sometimes say things that aren't true on the internet.

Believe me its true

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Exactly you dont know officially if he's actually been suspended and neither party has confirmed or denied it. There is a reason for that as this is a confidential matter between the employer and their employee which you as an outside third party have absolutely no god given right to know anything about despite a misguided sense of entitlement.

If there is a disciplinary / HR underway it must take its course without outside interference or overview.

Fans have no right to know id there clubs manager has been suspended or under investigation etc

This is where football differs wildly from nearly every other employment

Onceinawhile
26-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Believe me its true

I'm sure it is, it makes sense as they're the only coaching staff left. But I think the officials at our club should be telling me that rather than someone who I don't know on the internet.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Think he’s probably on the St Mirren payroll

Good point.

mcfly
26-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Regardless what has happened someone needs to step up and show real leadership at the club

This is a vital part of the season, we desperately need new players as the squad is very thin.

The fans deserve better than this

Hibernian Verse
26-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Fans have no right to know id there clubs manager has been suspended or under investigation etc

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkFans would like to know. My customers don't know the ins and outs of my business and nor should they. I let them know things when I want to.

We are paying customers, not board members. Get real.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Fans would like to know. My customers don't know the ins and outs of my business and nor should they. I let them know things when I want to.

And i bet they cldnt really give a ***** about the inner workings of your business

I bet your business wouldnt have been in the news for the last day talking about it either

No one is asking for a detailed plan but a comment should have been provided by now

Hibernian Verse
26-01-2019, 12:56 PM
And i bet they cldnt really give a ***** about the inner workings of your business

I bet your business wouldnt have been in the news for the last day talking about it either

No one is asking for a detailed plan but a comment should have been provided by now

It doesn't matter if they care or not. And it doesn't matter if you care about what's going on at Hibs either.

We all care, I'll give you that, but they don't need to make a statement until they are ready.

Stop throwing your toys out the pram with passive aggressive posts and go and enjoy your weekend.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Fans would like to know. My customers don't know the ins and outs of my business and nor should they. I let them know things when I want to.

It's not quite the same with a football club though, is it?

Hibernian Verse
26-01-2019, 12:58 PM
It's not quite the same with a football club though, is it?But it is...We don't have a divine right to anything apart from the ability to watch a football game which is the product we pay for. Hibs will make a statement before the game, I'm sure of that.

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 12:59 PM
It doesn't matter if they care or not. And it doesn't matter if you care about what's going on at Hibs either.

We all care, I'll give you that, but they don't need to make a statement until they are ready.

Stop throwing your toys out the pram with passive aggressive posts and go and enjoy your weekend.

Its not throwing my toys out the pram - im more apathetic towards hibs and the lack of comment is absolutely no surprise given the recent change we have witnessed

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:59 PM
But it is...We don't have a divine right to anything apart from the ability to watch a football game which is the product we pay for. Hibs will make a statement before the game, I'm sure of that.

You’re kidding right? I know the club will have its reasons for nothing yet but it’s not because the support don’t have a right to know. No supporters - no football club.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 01:00 PM

There's a really annoying habit on here of people completely ignoring the point they are replying to and twisting it so it meets their agenda or point that they want to make.

Nobody that I've seen on here is suggesting that Hibs should be going into detail as to WHY Neil Lennon has been suspended and therefore won't be in charge tomorrow. All we are asking is that there is some kind of announcement from Hibs, confirming that Lennon won't be at the game tomorrow pending a formal internal inquiry and that they will make a further statement in due course.

All we have so far is total speculation and conjecture on here, social media and the press, which has been caused due to a complete vacuum thanks to the deafening silence coming out of Easter Road which is doing no-one any good.

Hibernian Verse
26-01-2019, 01:07 PM
You’re kidding right? I know the club will have its reasons for nothing yet but it’s not because the support don’t have a right to know. No supporters - no football club.No of course that's not why they're not saying anything. My post is in response to some people claiming that we should have already had a statement. We will get one when the club is ready.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Genuine question.

GGTTH

If gross misconduct he can be relieved of duties, without compensation

hibsdaft
26-01-2019, 01:15 PM

The success of the Club is more important than any fan's impatience.

B.H.F.C
26-01-2019, 01:15 PM
Why? Again if you are suspended at work would you expect them to tell the world who is doing your job and why or would that be an internal matter. Football fans need to live ,occassionally, in the real world and realise that sometimes they dont have any god given rights to know everything about anything

Maybe ‘football people’ need to live in the real world occasionally as well.

Take Lennon publicly slaughtering one of his players, saying he wasn’t trying and so on. Imagine I stood up at work and ranted about a colleague like that?

Nobody is asking for details about the situation, we all realise Lennon has rights as any employee of any organisation does with this type of thing. I’m pretty sure the club could, and will, clarify without breaching those.

we are hibs
26-01-2019, 01:26 PM
24 hours until our next game and we still don't have a clue who's taking charge for it.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:37 PM
24 hours until our next game and we still don't have a clue who's taking charge for it.

Trying to convince GM to take charge is what I’m hearing.

One Day In Time
26-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Got to tread very carefully when dealing with such issues. I'm happy to sit tight and wait for the club to decide what to say and when.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 01:46 PM
Do we even know if he is really suspended!

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-01-2019, 01:48 PM

Who's GM?

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Who's GM?

Grant Murray

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:51 PM
Grant Murray

👍

One Day In Time
26-01-2019, 01:52 PM
A bit **** to have a go at GM. Leave it to the one of the senior players. Sir David would be my choice. Respect of the players and fans

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Anyone confirm LD is still working?

HibbyAndy
26-01-2019, 02:10 PM

He didn't need convinced he was asked and said yes

chrisski33
26-01-2019, 02:18 PM

Maybe the club kniw but are yet to announce it

southern hibby
26-01-2019, 03:59 PM
How do we even know hes been suspended?

When I read the story last night it said suspended then left so I’m assuming no one actually knows, but I asked the question on the assumption the original thing I read was correct.

Still doesn’t answer my question though.

GGTTH

southern hibby
26-01-2019, 04:05 PM

Thanks, that’s what I thought but wasn’t 100% sure.

GGTTH

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2019, 04:09 PM

Today? Or for Hibs?

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 04:11 PM

She has spent the day in talks wi Alan Stubbs and just waiting on the Accrington game finishing to get a hold of Doolan.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 04:15 PM
She has spent the day in talks wi Alan Stubbs and just waiting on the Accrington game finishing to get a hold of Doolan.

That's a long conversation.

Ronniekirk

Jobs a good 'un.

That’s all that needed just now but if the rumours are true they can’t get anyone to take the Team Tomorrow It’s the obvious question that journalists and any one else will ask So until that’s sorted no Statement

Famous Fiver
The club usually put out an e-mail around 24 hours before or on the day of an evening kick off with snippets of information.

I am awaiting this next one with interest.

we are hibs
26-01-2019, 04:17 PM

Don't you think we have a right to know who's going to be in charge tomorrow at least? The game is under 24 hours away and no one has a clue who's taking the team.

bingo70
26-01-2019, 04:17 PM
The club usually put out an e-mail around 24 hours before or on the day of an evening kick off with snippets of information.

I am awaiting this next one with interest.

I just want to find out when the next murder mystery night is.

The silence is deafening.

Moulin Yarns
26-01-2019, 04:21 PM
I just want to find out when the next murder mystery night is.

The silence is deafening.

Spoiler alert. Don't click the link if you don't want to find out whodunnit

https://twitter.com/HibbySmurf/status/1089140360759177217

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 04:23 PM
They will have their reasons for not putting out a statement, but it really is frustrating.

Colr
26-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Probably nothing new to say yet. I would expect that their time is best spent getting anew manager lined up rather than writing press releases with nothinh new to say in them

Moulin Yarns
26-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Don't you think we have a right to know who's going to be in charge tomorrow at least? The game is under 24 hours away and no one has a clue who's taking the team.

Does it actually matter to us, the fans? Probably not, so long as the team are aware and there is a plan.

Lester B
26-01-2019, 04:27 PM

True but the employer still has to follow due process even if it does end in Summary Dismissal due to gross misconduct. That still takes time and had to laugh, after shouting at Willie Miller on BBC Scotland earlier as he was talking complete nonsense about how people can just be fired straight away. Think he's been watching Alan Sugar too much!

As I understand it, football manager contracts are complex even compared to other high level fixed term employment contracts so there may be clauses in there which cover what would normally be regarded as misconduct either simple or gross.

Come to think of it, can anyone think of a manager dismissed for gross misconduct??

we are hibs
26-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Does it actually matter to us, the fans? Probably not, so long as the team are aware and there is a plan.

Who's plan? Because there is no one in charge. Hopefully whoever it is gets us back to basics and back to getting the ball on the ground.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2019, 04:31 PM
True but the employer still has to follow due process even if it does end in Summary Dismissal due to gross mosconduct. That still takes time and had to laugh, after shouting at Willie Miller on BBC Scotland earlier as he was talking complete nonsense about how people can just be fired straight away. Think he's been watching Alan Sugar too much/

As I understand it, football manager contracts are complex even compared to other high level fixed term employment contracts so there may be clauses in there which cover what would normally be regarded as misconduct either simple or gross.

Come to think of it, can anyone think of a manager dismissed for gross misconduct??

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/16/gus-poyet-loses-appeal-brighton

bingo70
26-01-2019, 04:31 PM
They will have their reasons for not putting out a statement, but it really is frustrating.

They can say something without saying anything though.

There should be some recognition at least that the **** is currently hitting the fan and reassurance there will be further communications as soon as possible.

jeffers
26-01-2019, 04:32 PM
That's a long conversation.

He was maybe after assurances there would be money in the "kitty".

One Day Soon
26-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Who's plan? Because there is no one in charge. Hopefully whoever it is gets us back to basics and back to getting the ball on the ground.

This is an inevitable consequence of losing a manager. If you want him gone, or if he goes in these circumstances, there's going to be delay, uncertainty and priorities for action that the club needs to follow. We are last in the hierarchy of what needs to be addressed.

Lester B
26-01-2019, 04:35 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/16/gus-poyet-loses-appeal-brighton

Ah sir you have made an employment law nerd very happy. :wink:

Five and a half years ago though. Clearly an exception rather than the rule

Beefster
26-01-2019, 04:40 PM

Unless I’m misremembering, you’ve been wanting him sacked for weeks/months. You’ve been advocating no-one being in charge for a spell.

Moulin Yarns
26-01-2019, 04:42 PM

So he could buy a dinghy?

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 04:43 PM

Mabey nothing left in the "kitty"

southsider
26-01-2019, 04:44 PM

And Tommy Doc. at Man U.

Moulin Yarns
26-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Unless I’m misremembering, you’ve been wanting him sacked for weeks/months. You’ve been advocating no-one being in charge for a spell.

Realy! Wonder what changed 🤔

Lester B
26-01-2019, 04:47 PM
And Tommy Doc. at Man U.

So 2 in 42 years??? :wink:

Can we therefore file under 'Not common' then??

Inconsequential
26-01-2019, 04:48 PM
So he could buy a dinghy? Go sailing up the West Coast...:agree:

hibbyfraelibby
26-01-2019, 04:55 PM

Why? What difference will it make?

bawheid
26-01-2019, 04:56 PM
When Jocky Scott was sacked we didn’t know what was happening until the helicopter landed!

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 04:59 PM

Naughty boy!

bingo70
26-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Why? What difference will it make?

I think it’s a matter of respect.

If you only speak to the fans when asking for money it’s a sure fire way to piss people off.

If they genuinely appreciate their fan base they’ll recognise there’s a lot of us wanting to hear from the club.

To not do so is poor IMO.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 05:01 PM
Maybe they're trying to reconcile things ...

loanheadhibby
26-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Surely Dempsters time is coming to an end? I'd forgot she was at the club until her name surfaced yesterday. Maybe job is too big for her?

bawheid
26-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Surely Dempsters time is coming to an end? I'd forgot she was at the club until her name surfaced yesterday. Maybe job is too big for her?

Aye. OK.

Malthibby
26-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Go sailing up the West Coast...:agree:

As long as he goes with Dignity......

danhibees1875
26-01-2019, 05:09 PM

She's not good enough despite her widely hailed successes because you'd forgotten about her for a little while?

The Leith Dutch
26-01-2019, 05:17 PM

If the rumours are true about what NL has said then the club looks like it may well have acted swiftly and decisively.

Having seen these kind of scenarios play out at senior level in a business before it's not much of a surprise that they haven't communicated it officially. It's actually the professional thing to do.

It sounds like there's a possibility of him being fired for gross misconduct but both parties will likely want an amicable settlement. That gets more difficult if either party starts issuing statements.

The fact that it displeases some people on here who want to suggest they're being disrespected and to wrap it up into a story with other things (like legitimately questionable transfer activity or their less plausible stories about penny pinching) is probably wisely being seen as irrelevant by the club.

Radium
26-01-2019, 05:17 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190126/49f75f7f3e0f39f269c4ac09f760991f.jpg

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 05:19 PM
As expected.

They can't say anything.

Lester B
26-01-2019, 05:43 PM
If the rumours are true about what NL has said then the club looks like it may well have acted swiftly and decisively.

Having seen these kind of scenarios play out at senior level in a business before it's not much of a surprise that they haven't communicated it officially. It's actually the professional thing to do.

It sounds like there's a possibility of him being fired for gross misconduct but both parties will likely want an amicable settlement. That gets more difficult if either party starts issuing statements.

The fact that it displeases some people on here who want to suggest they're being disrespected and to wrap it up into a story with other things (like legitimately questionable transfer activity or their less plausible stories about penny pinching) is probably wisely being seen as irrelevant by the club.

Nail on the head. If he has been suspended which is extremely likely then there are essentially two courses of action open to the club; disciplinary action or a Settlement Agreement. In either case they cannot comment in public about what has happened in the last day or so as that could prejudice processes which are ongoing. Lennon will also be bound by this now and in future if an SA is agreed. It's why managers rarely comment on why the left their job. They'd have to pay back what they were paid off with.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 06:12 PM
That statement would have looked very strange if last night's goings on hadn't been leaked to the press.

Absolutely no mention of Neil Lennon at all in the statement is strange. To be clear, I am NOT calling for the club to go into any detail at this stage but not acknowledging that he has left or at least won't be taking charge tomorrow is odd.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2019, 06:19 PM
That statement would have looked very strange if last night's goings on hadn't been leaked to the press.

Absolutely no mention of Neil Lennon at all in the statement is strange. To be clear, I am NOT calling for the club to go into any detail at this stage but not acknowledging that he has left or at least won't be taking charge tomorrow is odd.

Isn’t the club stance “it’s not official until it’s on the official site”?

That must mean NL hasn’t left or been suspended- maybe he’s just away to Blackpool for the weekend or something.

loanheadhibby
26-01-2019, 06:24 PM
She's not good enough despite her widely hailed successes because you'd forgotten about her for a little while?

I agree she's not good enough. Where had she been this season? When she 1st arrived, bubbly, never out the press, driving us forward. Not seen much of that this season?

Mantis Toboggan
26-01-2019, 06:26 PM
I agree she's not good enough. Where had she been this season? When she 1st arrived, bubbly, never out the press, driving us forward. Not seen much of that this season?

There must be a reason for that though, most likely that there are severe problems with the football side that she can't realistically fix

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Isn’t the club stance “it’s not official until it’s on the official site”?

That must mean NL hasn’t left or been suspended- maybe he’s just away to Blackpool for the weekend or something.

Has the flu or sniffing glue imo.

Allant1981
26-01-2019, 06:28 PM

What a load of rubbish

Hibees1973
26-01-2019, 06:30 PM
I don’t have a problem there not being any statement from the club, for now.

Dempster would not have taken the decision yesterday lightly, given the possible compensation package we will have to pay Lennon & Parker. Unless he has been sacked for gross misconduct the club may have to pay £1/4 million to the two of them.

Most on here are losing the plot. Do you think Hibs wanted to be in this position given how many players they have allowed Lennon to sign.

My feeling is after his taunting of opposition supporters, moaning to the press, hanging players out to dry, previous threats to quit and whatever happened yesterday Dempster and the rest of the board have lost patience with Lennon.

I expect Dempster or someone else will have to front up tomorrow with the game being live on TV.

Hibs have made a wise move to keep quiet to buy a bit of time. No doubt it will all come out next week.

i enjoyed watching Lennon’s Hibs last year...best I have seen at Easter Road for 40 years.

But it is in the past. Look to appoint a manager with an attacking mind and we move on from this.

loanheadhibby
26-01-2019, 06:32 PM
What a load of rubbish

That's a highly intelligent response. You care to back it up with some great facts about Dempsters reign?

Allant1981
26-01-2019, 06:43 PM
That's a highly intelligent response. You care to back it up with some great facts about Dempsters reign?

She has restructured the whole club, we won the Scottish cup with a manager she appointed, we won the first division with a manager she appointed, we got into Europe in our first season back up with a manger she appointed, we have had our highest average attendance in years under her leadership, I could go on but you are clearly attention seeking and have succeeded in getting responses by your daft statement

KeithTheHibby
26-01-2019, 06:44 PM

Are you having a laugh? Do you not remember the utter shambles she walked into? Coming from Motherwell that scenario would have been huge so to say the job is too big for her is nonsense.
I don’t have a problem not hearing from her all the time. Why do we need to?

Hibernian Verse
26-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Are you having a laugh? Do you not remember the utter shambles she walked into? Coming from Motherwell that scenario would have been huge so to say the job is too big for her is nonsense.
I don’t have a problem not hearing from her all the time. Why do we need to?Do not feed the troll.

Allant1981
26-01-2019, 06:47 PM
I don’t have a problem not hearing from her all the time. Why do we need to?

So that loanheadhibby remembers who runs the club!!!

loanheadhibby
26-01-2019, 06:49 PM
She has restructured the whole club, we won the Scottish cup with a manager she appointed, we won the first division with a manager she appointed, we got into Europe in our first season back up with a manger she appointed, we have had our highest average attendance in years under her leadership, I could go on but you are clearly attention seeking and have succeeded in getting responses by your daft statement

Under her stewardship, took us 3 seasons to get out championship, she's appointed a manager who clearly she cannot control, failed to find new investment for the club, waited 19 hours before issuing a statement and has been posted missing for months.

Speedy
26-01-2019, 06:54 PM

It's not strange at all given the speculation. If the disciplinary proceedings are true the club won't want to enter public discussions about Lennon.

I can only assume whatever is going on that Parker is standing by Lennon.

Allant1981
26-01-2019, 06:59 PM
Under her stewardship, took us 3 seasons to get out championship, she's appointed a manager who clearly she cannot control, failed to find new investment for the club, waited 19 hours before issuing a statement and has been posted missing for months.

Amazing that you know all this yet forgot she was at the club

staunchhibby
26-01-2019, 07:19 PM
Ye but Rome was not built in a day.She has done an incredible job In her capacity as CEO.Very astute woman

southsider
26-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Rubbish she was in the Hibs club chatting to the fans 2 or 3 weeks back

MrRobot
26-01-2019, 08:06 PM
I don’t see the issue in the length of time taken to issue the statement. It seems certain people will just find anything to have a moan about.

Gutted NL is away tbh, this season hasn’t been great so far but I thought a decent window would put us back on track.

Radium
26-01-2019, 09:30 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190126/a6f5a76b7c75f06dcf86f27290cf8332.jpg

Yeh, completely anonymous [emoji848]

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 09:39 PM

3 seasons was the realistic expectation and in that time two finals various semis and a Scottish Cup. Crowds risen by 8k at least which has led to make the search for new investment less important.

How can anyone say Dempster hasn’t been good for the club and time for her to go? Absolute bat**** mental.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 09:41 PM
I don’t see the issue in the length of time taken to issue the statement. It seems certain people will just find anything to have a moan about.

Gutted NL is away tbh, this season hasn’t been great so far but I thought a decent window would put us back on track.

It’s so far not been a decent window though and got easily beaten on Weds with now 8th place 2 points behind us. Season has been a shambles, I don’t blame the ceo though, she’s given tremendous backing as always.

DarlingtonHibee
26-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Rubbish she was in the Hibs club chatting to the fans 2 or 3 weeks back

She was in the club before the livi game.

Inconsequential
26-01-2019, 09:48 PM
She was in the club before the livi game. Jeezo, does that mean she will be taking some maternity leave in the near future? That's all we need. :wink:

DarlingtonHibee
26-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Jeezo, does that mean she will be taking some maternity leave in the near future? That's all we need. :wink:

Very good 😂

eastcoasthibby
26-01-2019, 09:52 PM

Seriously ?? Cant beleive this comment, she has driven and directed this club to where it is now as football club and, developed its community position again, and brought into play a whole range of structures that better support us going forward. She has progressed the potential process for fans to own a significant part of the club and introduced a much more focussed and professional environment with a stability and potential to grow. I suspect she hasnt had her work cut out along the way, in persuading and selling the changes to our Board of Rod followers.
It could be argued she is more crucial to the club than a quality manager, she knows her business and is a professional, if NL has been suspended then it will be just, legitimate and the right thing for the club.
In answer I think we are lucky to have her never the job being to big for her.

truehibernian
26-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Leeann is the best signing the club has made in a decade - no debate

Lester B
26-01-2019, 09:57 PM
Leeann is the best signing the club has made in a decade - no debate

:top marks

DarlingtonHibee
26-01-2019, 09:57 PM
Surely Dempsters time is com.

ing to an end? I'd forgot she was at the club until her name surfaced yesterday. Maybe job is too big for her?

So you are a ceo with a company with a £10 turnover.

This women has done amazing work at hibs.

She is doing her job.

No one is bigger than the club.

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2019, 10:04 PM
She said herself that her time was coming to an end soon.

I wouldn’t mind if she left now as well and we can have a fresh start.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 10:05 PM

Where has she said this?

bookert
26-01-2019, 10:09 PM

That imo would be a hundred times worse than losing lennon. That time will come and I worry about that.

DarlingtonHibee
26-01-2019, 10:12 PM

Yeah, lose the manager and the highest respected ceo in Scotland

Brilliant...

Lester B
26-01-2019, 10:18 PM

Can you point us in the direction of where she said this?

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2019, 10:20 PM
She did a couple of update interviews on Hibs tv a year or so ago where she said 5 years would be enough.

Youll find them on youtube.

jacomo
26-01-2019, 10:22 PM
She did a couple of update interviews on Hibs tv a year or so ago where she said 5 years would be enough.

I think that’s your interpretation. I don’t remember LD mentioning any timescale.

DarlingtonHibee
26-01-2019, 10:24 PM

Do you honestly think that this would be a good time for her to leave?

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2019, 10:34 PM
When she was linked with the SFA role last summer she said that she was enjoying life at Hibs but that chief execs generally have a lifespan.

She said that she’s been here 3.5 years and that’s she’s probably on the tale end of her time with us.

So maybe one more season I’d imagine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43075547

loanheadhibby
26-01-2019, 10:45 PM
When she was linked with the SFA role last summer she said that she was enjoying life at Hibs but that chief execs generally have a lifespan.

She said that she’s been here 3.5 years and that’s she’s probably on the tale end of her time with us.

So maybe one more season I’d imagine.

In all honesty, she's already taken her eye of the ball (excuse the pun). Would not surprise me if she was already looking at her next project.

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2019, 10:48 PM
She already has another project.

Cant imagine it takes up much of her time but maybe an indication of where her next move might take her.

http://futurescot.com/hibs-chief-executive-unveiled-as-key-business-adviser-on-1-3bn-city-region-deal/

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 10:48 PM
In all honesty, she's already taken her eye of the ball (excuse the pun). Would not surprise me if she was already looking at her next project.

I'm trying to work out your agenda.

It's clearly drivel, and it won't work, but why would you try to turn people against Leeann? It's looking more and more like it's organised, but I just can't put my finger on the reasons for it.

Maybe it's just good old fashioned misogyny.

Or maybe you see her getting in the way of your campaign against Rod Petrie and STF. As long as she's there, doing a great job, RP and STF get left alone.

If LD leaves, RP will be back at the helm, at least in the short term, and he'll be fair game again. Maybe you'll take the opportunity to blame him for chasing Leeann away too.

It sure is hard to say ...

loanheadhibby
26-01-2019, 10:49 PM
So you are a ceo with a company with a £10 turnover.

This women has done amazing work at hibs.

She is doing her job.

No one is bigger than the club.

What is all this amazing work she has done? She's done a reasonable job. No more, no less but she has let this situation develop. She is the Chief Exec. If I was the chairman of the company, I'd be starting to ask serious questions about the clubs good name being dragged thru the mud.

loanheadhibby
26-01-2019, 10:51 PM

It's clearly drivel, and it won't work, but why would you try to turn people against Leeann?

I've no agenda. All I am saying is that she is the CEO overseeing this sorry period

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Do you honestly think that this would be a good time for her to leave?

Depends on her reason for getting rid of Lennon, assuming he’s definitely gone.

loanheadhibby
26-01-2019, 10:55 PM
3 seasons was the realistic expectation and in that time two finals various semis and a Scottish Cup. Crowds risen by 8k at least which has led to make the search for new investment less important.

How can anyone say Dempster hasn’t been good for the club and time for her to go? Absolute bat**** mental.

Why was 3 seasons a realistic expectation? Bet your life it would not have been a realistic for the Huns or ****bos.

****bos have similar crowds but managed to get significant other investors on board? Why has our CEO not managed this? You make hay whilst the sun shines.

DarlingtonHibee
26-01-2019, 11:00 PM
Why was 3 seasons a realistic expectation? Bet your life it would not have been a realistic for the Huns or ****bos.

****bos have similar crowds but managed to get significant other investors on board? Why has our CEO not managed this? You make hay whilst the sun shines.

Give us your ideas for getting more revenue in the club?

Lester B
26-01-2019, 11:04 PM

You don't have an agenda you claim??!!??? These posts are a succession of absolute drivel. You've taken an absurd position and have decided to defend it despite substantial evidence to the contrary. If this isn't an agenda then you must be trolling

Paisley Hibby
26-01-2019, 11:37 PM
I don’t have a problem there not being any statement from the club, for now.

Dempster would not have taken the decision yesterday lightly, given the possible compensation package we will have to pay Lennon & Parker. Unless he has been sacked for gross misconduct the club may have to pay £1/4 million to the two of them.

Most on here are losing the plot. Do you think Hibs wanted to be in this position given how many players they have allowed Lennon to sign.

My feeling is after his taunting of opposition supporters, moaning to the press, hanging players out to dry, previous threats to quit and whatever happened yesterday Dempster and the rest of the board have lost patience with Lennon.

I expect Dempster or someone else will have to front up tomorrow with the game being live on TV.

Hibs have made a wise move to keep quiet to buy a bit of time. No doubt it will all come out next week.

i enjoyed watching Lennon’s Hibs last year...best I have seen at Easter Road for 40 years.

But it is in the past. Look to appoint a manager with an attacking mind and we move on from this.

Well said. There is an unbelievable amount of puffed up tosh being posted on this thread.

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2019, 07:33 AM
What is all this amazing work she has done? She's done a reasonable job. No more, no less but she has let this situation develop. She is the Chief Exec. If I was the chairman of the company, I'd be starting to ask serious questions about the clubs good name being dragged thru the mud.Ahh and there it is your Petrie angle...

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 08:20 AM

It's clearly drivel, and it won't work, but why would you try to turn people against Leeann? It's looking more and more like it's organised, but I just can't put my finger on the reasons for it.

Maybe it's just good old fashioned misogyny.

Or maybe you see her getting in the way of your campaign against Rod Petrie and STF. As long as she's there, doing a great job, RP and STF get left alone.

If LD leaves, RP will be back at the helm, at least in the short term, and he'll be fair game again. Maybe you'll take the opportunity to blame him for chasing Leeann away too.

It sure is hard to say ...

I forgot to ask, if it's not misogyny, or an anti-Petrie is agenda, is it homophobia?

It's funny how you and WTC have taken this precise moment, when there is upset at the club, to attack our CEO.

I should also give The Harp Awakes a mention too for their attempt to blame the board for a lack of ambition.

Do you guys all meet up in secret to coordinate these plans or do you have a WhatsApp group?

we are hibs
27-01-2019, 08:27 AM
I think some people go overboard with the apparent job she's done. I think she's done a good job. Not fantastic. Not horrendous.

JimboHibs
27-01-2019, 08:29 AM
I think some people go overboard with the apparent job she's done. I think she's done a good job. Not fantastic. Not horrendous.

Thats way to sensible a comment for some posters to comprehend.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 08:34 AM

Maybe, but compared to previous incumbents, she's been great!

Either way, there's no reason to start a campaign against her.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Thats way to sensible a comment for some posters to comprehend.

You had the opportunity to agree with his post without having a kick at people who hold a different point of view, you know. :rolleyes: