PDA

View Full Version : Question Are you happy Lennon has left?

Johnny_Leith
26-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Quick poll to see where we are at, as a fanbase. No middle ground, yes or no.

Hibernia&Alba
26-01-2019, 09:58 AM
But he hasn't gone yet?

Eyrie
26-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Ambivalent.

Yes, if the rumours are true though.

Johnny_Leith
26-01-2019, 10:00 AM
But he hasn't gone yet?

By all accounts it's just a matter of time H&A.

HH81
26-01-2019, 10:00 AM
No. I always felt he got us up for most of the big games.

Been some bad signs recently but I felt he had till the end of the season to sort it.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 10:02 AM
I'm indifferent.

I'd have been gutted if he left last season and probably delighted if our current form had gone on much longer.

As it stands it's bad timing but if there's a breakdown between boardroom, manager and players it's probably for the best we act quickly.

Joe6-2
26-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Can't vote on my mobile, but maybe as well, I can't decide if I am or not!
Things not been good recently, but can we get anyone better?

The 90+2
Ultimately yes but also sad it went from good highs to what it’s ended like.

SideBurns
The question is too ambiguous for me. I'd lost faith in Lennon, but I'm not happy he's gone - rather, I'm sad that this is how things have turned out.

staunchhibby
26-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Will not let me vote

HappyAsHellas
26-01-2019, 10:09 AM
I love Hibs, and he's not good for them just now so it's a yes from me.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2019, 10:10 AM
I'm not that bothered either way, in fact i have become totally bored with all things Hibs recently.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-01-2019, 10:10 AM
Not chuffed at all....totally sets us back

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Yes. Even more so if the rumours are true.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Was getting annoyed at team selections and his thoughts on games, however, the timing leaves us in a real mess. Week until window closes, and we are looking for a new Manager. Shambles

Hibernia&Alba
26-01-2019, 10:13 AM
Was getting annoyed at team selections and his thoughts on games, however, the timing leaves us in a real mess. Week until window closes, and we are looking for a new Manager. Shambles

It's Hibs, BF. If any club could contrive to do this....

Scorrie
26-01-2019, 10:15 AM
A bit indifferent in some ways but would like more information as to what has happened and why

SRHibs
26-01-2019, 10:16 AM
I wanted Lennon succeed, but he hasn’t been quite ‘right’ recently, so ultimately I think this is the best move for both parties.

Golden Bear
26-01-2019, 10:16 AM
I disliked him as a player, took time to warm to him as a Manager and right now I'll shed no tears when/if he departs.

hibsbollah
26-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Indifferent. He 'got' the club, oversaw some great performances, but things have been bad on the pitch for a long time now and maybe a change is what both parties need.

Weegreenman
26-01-2019, 10:19 AM
I’ve backed him from day one. It’s now time for a change, the quicker it gets done the better. Onwards and upwards. :flag:

hughio
26-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Manager undermined by CE.....seen that before.It takes years to recover☹️

wookie70
26-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Hard to know without the facts. I think his performance has been very poor this year so I don't think it is a great loss but the timing and the way it may unfold isn't great.

Smartie
26-01-2019, 10:42 AM
I'm indifferent.

I'd have been gutted if he left last season and probably delighted if our current form had gone on much longer.

As it stands it's bad timing but if there's a breakdown between boardroom, manager and players it's probably for the best we act quickly.

Word for word how I feel.

Wednesday infuriated me. I was prepared to give Lennon the benefit of the doubt but the first half of the season was troubling.

To have had a few weeks to add to our squad and come back with another comical team selection and brutal team performance suggested to me that no lessons had been learned and the mitigating factors that might have been there during the first half of the season were not going to be overcome.

It's a real shame, as I loved the second half of last season. I also think it is easy to dismiss the achievement of getting out of the Championship. That league is a graveyard full of teams who have no interest in playing football and Lennon got the job done. I have a few mates who support Falkirk and Dundee United so won't be taking that for granted.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Word for word how I feel.

Wednesday infuriated me. I was prepared to give Lennon the benefit of the doubt but the first half of the season was troubling.

To have had a few weeks to add to our squad and come back with another comical team selection and brutal team performance suggested to me that no lessons had been learned and the mitigating factors that might have been there during the first half of the season were not going to be overcome.

It's a real shame, as I loved the second half of last season. I also think it is easy to dismiss the achievement of getting out of the Championship. That league is a graveyard full of teams who have no interest in playing football and Lennon got the job done. I have a few mates who support Falkirk and Dundee United so won't be taking that for granted.

I would agree with your last paragraph if we weren’t on the crest of a wave from winning the cup. There was no way we weren’t going up that season IMO.

Smartie
26-01-2019, 10:46 AM
I would agree with your last paragraph if we weren’t on the crest of a wave from winning the cup. There was no way we weren’t going up that season IMO.

There were plenty of sticky moments during the first half of that season that needed to be overcome.

It was no foregone conclusion.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2019, 10:48 AM
Am I happy he's gone? …. no

Am I sad he's gone? …. no

Does that answer the question?

GloryGlory
26-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Overall, I am sad Neil has left, but TBH with all the strange selections and players playing in different positions (OK enforced by injury some of them) it was beginning to come across as Neil shuffling the pack in the hope rather than expectation of dealing a winning hand.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Overall, I am sad Neil has left, but TBH with all the strange selections and players playing in different positions (OK enforced by injury some of them) it was beginning to come across as Neil shuffling the pack in the hope rather than expectation of dealing a winning hand.

Wednesday was baffling playing PH left back, with Gray, Mackie and Nelom on bench....

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 10:54 AM
Will not let me vote

You need to be on the full site

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 10:56 AM
Wednesday was baffling playing PH left back, with Gray, Mackie and Nelom on bench....

I suspect they weren't fit.

Why were they on the bench then? Maybe because there was no one else. :dunno:

GreenLake
26-01-2019, 11:01 AM
I'm sad if he leaves but curious to see who comes in next.

Diclonius
26-01-2019, 11:02 AM
The players weren't playing for him and the timing is unfortunate but he had to go before more damage was done. I've loved Lennon's time here up until the coin incident and it's sad it had to end like this.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 11:04 AM
I'm very disappointed that he's left as I had faith that he was going to turn things around.

However, it's the timing of the events that worry me the most. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't see how we can now recruit what we need before the summer window.

It was pretty universally agreed that we need a couple of strikers, a winger and a CH by Thursday and I think we were working hard to achieve that. There was also noises about a signing or 2 today.

They may still arrive, but if I was a pro footballer, I'd keep my powder dry and wait to see who took over at the helm before committing to a contract at Hibs.

I've seen a few suggestions that we might be able to get loans to fill the gaps in the meantime. I'm glad folk are starting to see the value of short term signings at last! :greengrin

rotherhamrob
26-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Not really bothered either way.
We had a good 2nd half to last season but other than that it was a bit so so for me.

Onceinawhile
26-01-2019, 11:06 AM
No. I always felt he got us up for most of the big games.

Been some bad signs recently but I felt he had till the end of the season to sort it.

Like the Aberdeen Semi Final? or the Celtic Semi Final? Or the last three derbies?

His "big game" record at Easter Road is roughly - Did well against Dundee Utd that one time and a few home derby wins.

Not happy he's gone, but not exactly gutted.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Like the Aberdeen Semi Final? or the Celtic Semi Final? Or the last three derbies?

His "big game" record at Easter Road is roughly - Did well against Dundee Utd that one time and a few home derby wins.

Not happy he's gone, but not exactly gutted.

We did ok against Rangers and Celtic, home and away.

Edit: I think there's a chance that we were as successful against Rantic under Lennon's tenure as we have ever been, possibly since the Tornadoes, but I might be mistaken.

we are hibs
26-01-2019, 11:09 AM
I'm happy he is gone but I'm sad that it didn't work out. I wanted him to do well but out with 6 months last season and the odd result it's been pretty meh.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 11:10 AM
I suspect they weren't fit.

Why were they on the bench then? Maybe because there was no one else. :dunno:

Mackie looked fitter than Hanlon when he came on.

Bobo
26-01-2019, 11:15 AM
How can any supporter honestly be happy at losing any manager in the circumstances where the clubs' business is washed in public because certain people can't hold their tongues before an official statement or announcement from the Club can be made. It's not the first time where the press and social media have exploded with sensationalised & speculated events from in and around the club based on gossip leaked by loose-lipped individuals!

In the current situation, how can there be any way back for Lennon now, irrespective of the truths behind this shambles, and what will happen to any transfer negotiations he and the club have been pursuing? What decent manager in their right mind would want to pick up the poisoned chalais that we are becoming in the circumstances?

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 11:21 AM

Edit: I think there's a chance that we were as successful against Rantic under Lennon's tenure as we have ever been, possibly since the Tornadoes, but I might be mistaken.

I just posted some stats on another thread that show Lennon has a lower win percentage v Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen than his immediate predecessor (albeit the Aberdeen stat is warped as Stubbs only played them once).

There is no comparison for Celtic as Stubbs didn't play them. Lennons win percentage is a decent 28%.

H18S NX
26-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Quite glad he is going,there's been something wrong for ages,timing could have been better though.

Swedish hibee
26-01-2019, 11:23 AM
I'm always sad when things end bad. But in Leanne I trust.

Onceinawhile
26-01-2019, 11:30 AM

Under Lennon at Easter Road we picked up 2 point from 3 games at Rangers (2-1 defeat, 5-5 draw, 0-0 draw). Granted we have a cracking record at Ibrox.

At Celtic Park I think we've picked up 1 point from 3 games? Again granted our home record v Celtic has been very good.

But with the exception of the game where we beat celtic 2-1 last season after the split, I don't think the games away to Rangers, or the game earlier this season would be classed as "big" games. e.g. there was little on the line other than the three points. No external issues e.g. heading down the final straight of the season.

Jim44
26-01-2019, 11:42 AM
I don’t know the extent of how true the rumours and horror stories are but clearly relations are strained to say the least. In that scenario, I would be happier with a new face in, to try to steady the ship and get us out of the rut, which we shouldn’t be in.

Turkish Green
26-01-2019, 11:49 AM
His tenure has run its course. Time for a change for both parties.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Under Lennon at Easter Road we picked up 2 point from 3 games at Rangers (2-1 defeat, 5-5 draw, 0-0 draw). Granted we have a cracking record at Ibrox.

At Celtic Park I think we've picked up 1 point from 3 games? Again granted our home record v Celtic has been very good.

But with the exception of the game where we beat celtic 2-1 last season after the split, I don't think the games away to Rangers, or the game earlier this season would be classed as "big" games. e.g. there was little on the line other than the three points. No external issues e.g. heading down the final straight of the season.

I understand your viewpoint. For me, any game against Rantic or Hertz is a big game, but I get your distinction.

H18 SFR
26-01-2019, 12:15 PM
What's the thoughts, will there likely be chants of "one Neil Lennon" tomorrow?

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Would be a bit counter productive.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:18 PM

If there is then he deserves it. Done a good job for a good bit of his reign.

H18 SFR
26-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Would be a bit counter productive.

Not sure if I'd advocate it, was actually just asked by my boy.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 12:19 PM
No advocating it, was actually just asked by my boy.

I know mate, didn't mean to come across like that. I hope there isn't any such chant. No point backing him now he's gone over the players who are still here considering there seems to have been a fall out between them. :agree:

Betty Boop
I'm not that bothered either way, in fact i have become totally bored with all things Hibs recently.

Patience run out then ? :greengrin

H18 SFR
I know mate, didn't mean to come across like that. I hope there isn't any such chant. No point backing him now he's gone over the players who are still here. :agree:

Nb mate 😂

DarlingtonHibee
26-01-2019, 12:21 PM
By all accounts it's just a matter of time H&A.

Admins can you ban this deluded idiot.

He's been posting absolute crap.

Johnny_Leith
26-01-2019, 12:26 PM

Not sure what your problem is. Have you seen Luke shanley saying that his sources say Lennon will be gone soon?

Suggest you take a brake from the internet today bud.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 12:28 PM

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick here.

MSK
26-01-2019, 12:33 PM

He's been posting absolute crap.Think you need to chill mate, he isnt posting anything worse than whats been posted on the forums the past few months

Keith_M
26-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Life isn't all black and white.

Oh and we don't know for certain that he's left yet.

DarlingtonHibee
26-01-2019, 12:34 PM
If I have got the wrong end of the stick I apologise, but some of the posts he has posted are bull****

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 12:36 PM
If I have got the wrong end of the stick I apologise, but some of the posts he has posted are bull****

Majority of posts on here are :greengrin

madhatter
26-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Is Neil Lennon maybe a guy with a winning mentality but zero man management skills?

People who say they support Lennon seem to always say he has a winning mentality. My issue with this is that it needs to be accompanied by man management skills. You can be aggressive with getting your targets across but some players (just like some people in any walk of life) need an arm around their shoulder. Different people respond differently and I get the feeling Lennon isn't the best at doing the other side of management. May be wrong but Kamberi has never really reacted from any of the constant criticisms. Kamberi used to interact with the bench while playing, now he doesn't. I'd imagine that relationship is wrecked to name one.

People complain about player power and things like that but being honest apply the same logic to any walk of life. If a team in an office has a shocking boss that constantly says they aren't working hard enough and criticising them for their application every single day, I'd say the team are entitled to raise their objection in some way. If you then point to how much the players are paid to play for Hibs, then you cannot rule out how much Lennon is paid to be the Head Coach. He is well paid and should realise that society is changing and some people, who may also have a winning mentality, react more positively to supportive comments rather than constant derogaratory comments.

If it was me and Lennon constantly had a go at me, I would probably react aggressively back at the manager telling him to shut up and have the "I'll show you" mindset but that's me. Some players will go "I hate coming to training, I hate playing a match at the weekend, I want to go home".

If he is gone, which I assume will be the case shortly, I'm quite glad. There has been a cloud over Hibs for the past 12 months at least, we all could sense something was wrong. What worries me is, we could see Leeann leave soon as well.

Onceinawhile
26-01-2019, 02:29 PM
I understand your viewpoint. For me, any game against Rantic or Hertz is a big game, but I get your distinction.

Fair enough. Likewise, I see where you're coming from. Just have to agree to disagree 👍

Bangkok Hibby
26-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Can't vote on my mobile, but maybe as well, I can't decide if I am or not!
Things not been good recently, but can we get anyone better?

Same for me. Cant vote but unsure anyway. Was firmly in the "best manager for years" camp but recently ???????

Hibernia&Alba
26-01-2019, 03:01 PM
Wait, if I vote now but get information at a later date which might influence my voting behaviour, will their be another vote?
A sort of, people's vote?

That would be a betrayal of the first vote. How many votes do you want? :wink:

basehibby
26-01-2019, 04:43 PM

THIS in spades - it's a shocking position to find ourselves in - any hopes of reviving the season have been torpedoed below the waterline and look like sinking without a trace.

I read a report of his pre-match interview from yesterday in the times sports section this am - in which Lennon acknowledged pretty calmly and matter of factly that he'd given the players a bollocking after Wednesday - but there seemed no inkling whatsoever of what was about to unfold as it was all very much business as usual.

I acknowledge the concerns expressed by many posters about recent performances and team selections - however it will take an inspired appointment made in double quick time to salvage things, because whoever comes in will still have some rebuilding work to do and precious little time to do it in.

If Lennon has been given the bullet simply for dishing out a bollocking or two in the dressing room then I for one do not agree with this decision. Arguably the best manager that Scotland - or the UK for that matter - has ever produced was well known for rearranging the furniture/teacups/football boots and/or dishing out the "hairdryer" treatment when he wanted to get a point across. This in itself should not be a disciplinary matter.

Fife-Hibee
26-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Wait, if I vote now but get information at a later date which might influence my voting behaviour, will their be another vote?
A sort of, people's vote?

Yes, you were clearly ill informed. I expect you to make the right "choice" this time.

Here’s Lucy!
26-01-2019, 04:52 PM
I love Hibs, and he's not good for them just now so it's a yes from me.

Sums it up for me too. ^^^^^

J-C
26-01-2019, 04:55 PM
I voted yes purely based on the sub standard performances and his handling of the team matters and tactics, he wasn't showing Hibs in a good light at times with his antics.

Here’s Lucy!
26-01-2019, 04:56 PM

That's pretty sad to read man. :eyes:

Real Emerald
26-01-2019, 07:17 PM
It’s sad it’s come to this but things haven’t been right for a while, whether that’s Lennon’s fault, the club or a combination of both it’s not good. We’re trying to recruit players to get us out of a mess that bad recruiting in the summer and an unbelievable amount of injuries have caused. I’ve no idea who should get the blame but I think it’s probably better if he’s gone. I would however really like to know WTF is going on at the club though, almost £400 for a ST to see us plummet yet again and have all this pish going on now. It’s tragic!

McIntosh
26-01-2019, 07:24 PM
This implosion is a tragedy for the club, this is the a terrible situation up there with the treatment of Sauzee. Lennon for all his faults is a great manager, a very great manager indeed, we have been lucky to have him. I have enjoyed his time and we will not easily replace him. I like Leeann but this has been very badly handled. I have lost confidence in her, Rod and Brian Houston - it a time for change.

hibsbollah
26-01-2019, 07:29 PM
This implosion is a tragedy for the club, this is the a terrible situation up there with the treatment of Sauzee. Lennon for all his faults is a great manager, a very great manager indeed, we have been lucky to have him. I have enjoyed his time and we will not easily replace him. I like Leeann but this has been very badly handled. I have lost confidence in her, Rod and Brian Houston - it a time for change.

:confused:

How can you say that when you don't know what has taken place? If Lennon has behaved in an inappropriate aggressive or illegal way then the board has done exactly the right thing. Far too early to judge.

The comparison with Sauzee is way off.

B.H.F.C
26-01-2019, 07:34 PM

Unless you know the facts it’s very difficult to say that he’s been poorly treated. He may have been, he may not have. If he has been suspended without valid reason the club will pay a heavy financial price for it down the line.

I’m not really sad that Lennon is leaving, more sad with the way it has ended and the fact that we’re in a bit of a mess as a club. Lennon has been good for us but it’s been pretty clear for a while that things weren’t going to end well IMO. Managers come and go. Lennon had a hard act to follow and didn’t do too badly at all. Hopefully the next guy does the same.

Hi Heid Yin
26-01-2019, 07:49 PM
No, I'm not happy he's gone, but if it is good for both the health of Neil Lennon himself and our club, then I can accept and understand a parting of the ways.

Neil remains, for me, the most charismatic and "best" manager our club has had since Eddie Turnbull.

Yes, he is flawed, abbrasive, out-spoken and temperamental - but our Ed, likewise, was also far from perfect.