PDA

View Full Version : Is St mirren a lose/lose?

rotherhamrob
26-01-2019, 09:29 AM
I can just picture this place after the game
If we lose:cue meltdown, blaming everyone and arguing that lenny was right all along
If we win:the players should be ashamed of themselves, why didn't they do that for the manager?
Either way I think we're in for an interesting few days on here.
Anyway, here's hoping for a good win because the joy seems to have been sucked right out of the club this last couple of months.

Hibernian Verse
26-01-2019, 09:30 AM
If we lose:cue meltdown, blaming everyone and arguing that lenny was right all along
If we win:the players should be ashamed of themselves, why didn't they do that for the manager?
Anyway, here's hoping for a good win because the joy seems to have been sucked right out of the club this last couple of months.

No, what a ridiculous question.

If we win with free flowing football and an air of confidence on the park and in the stands then it's clear what the problem was.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Not at all. Even if we lose then we haven’t got a manager in place and I’ll look forward to that appointment. A loss tomorrow doesn’t change much in the bigger picture.

Vault Boy
26-01-2019, 09:33 AM
A win isn't a loss. Thought that would be self evident.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 09:33 AM

If we win then ask the Manchester Utd fans how they've felt over the past month since Mourinho left.

If we lose then i'm expecting this site to crash around 3:15pm tomorrow.

Onion
26-01-2019, 09:44 AM

Disagree. It's a great pity the way this has ended but not entirely surprising. Lennon probably saw this as a 3 year "project" which so many managers do these days. If he didn't go now, he'd likely be off in the summer. The immediate priority now is to start winning games and get as high up the table as we can, so the Board can think about the long-term appointment without any threat of relegation.

rotherhamrob
26-01-2019, 09:46 AM
A win isn't a loss. Thought that would be self evident.

I want us to win because strangely enough I know that's better than a loss, I was talking about hibsnet and merely pointing out that either way this place will be interesting over the next few days.
Thanks for reminding me that a win isn't a loss though👍

Vault Boy
26-01-2019, 09:48 AM
I want us to win because strangely enough I know that's better than a loss, I was talking about hibsnet and merely pointing out that either way this place will be interesting over the next few days.
Thanks for reminding me that a win isn't a loss though👍

That's okay. Considering the title of your thread is a question, I thought you might want an answer.

Keith_M
26-01-2019, 10:23 AM
No, I'd say it's the opposite.

If we lose, people will put it down to turmoil at the club. If we win, we'll have done so 'against the odds'.

Personally I'm looking forward to the game.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 10:25 AM
No, I'd say it's the opposite.

If we lose, people will put it down to turmoil at the club. If we win, we'll have done so 'against the odds'.

Personally I'm looking forward to the game.

Likewise. And let’s face it, on current form we probably wouldn’t have won tomorrow anyway under Lennon. Especially now that the disharmony that has been present at Hibs is coming to light. Hopefully that’s been lifted now.
Flo especially should feel a huge weight off his shoulders.