PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon I love you

Doh Rae Me
26-01-2019, 12:13 AM
In my 50 years being a supporter of Hibernian, boy to man, you rejuvenated my passion for football and Hibs. Your enthusiasm for my club I will NEVER forget, the aeroplane will live with me till I die.
The utter crap you have to put up with on a daily basis, the hatred, the sectarianism is unfathomable to me but you manage,you deal, you live, you learn.
It takes a real man to deal with, and you done me proud.

Neil Lennon I love you.

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2019, 12:15 AM
well said :agree:

DarlingtonHibee
26-01-2019, 12:16 AM
In my 50 years being a supporter of Hibernian, boy to man, you rejuvenated my passion for football and Hibs. Your enthusiasm for my club I will NEVER forget, the aeroplane will live with me till I die.
The utter crap you have to put up with on a daily basis, the hatred, the sectarianism is unfathomable to me but you manage,you deal, you live, you learn.

Neil Lennon I love you.

This times a million.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 12:17 AM
X 10000000000000. Sad day.

badabing67
26-01-2019, 12:55 AM
Here here. All the best Lenny

Flanny boy
26-01-2019, 03:45 AM
Thankfully a thread with fitting words for Neil Lennon. I agree with all of the above and i believe we will see how big a loss Neil will be to Hibernian if indeed there is no way back for him at Easter Rd. God bless Neil Lennon

California-Hibs
26-01-2019, 04:48 AM
Best top flight points total last year in our whole 144 year history. Let that sink in. We are SO lucky to have him as manager. If it's all ended it's a huge blow, make no mistake about it.

green day
26-01-2019, 04:53 AM

Neil Lennon I love you.

Outstanding effort - so your passion wasnt reignited when we won the cup?

Honestly, some of the troll posts on here tonight are hilarious :na na::na na:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2019, 05:03 AM
We’re all Neil Lennon.
There’s only one Neil Lennon.

We’re a fickle bunch.

cleanyman
26-01-2019, 06:05 AM
He was total box office

I loved his spell at Hibs

MrSmith
26-01-2019, 06:10 AM
I wasn’t up for him coming but his passion and determination won me over. I wish you and the club could come back from this but if not, all the best Lenny :not worth:flag:

PompeyHibs
26-01-2019, 06:24 AM
Quality manager
Great ambition for Hibs sadly not the same vision as our board
Some cracking memories
Defo a sad day for Hibs if he is away.
The board should have backed him with quality signings imo

Neil defo raised Hibs profile down south, everyone i speak with down here know a little about Hibs due to him. Sky sports loved him ad he an interesting character to promote Scottish football - he was always on sky

Anyway all the best Neil 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Spike Mandela
26-01-2019, 06:33 AM
My opinion of Lennon when he came...

———Didn’t want him as manager, didn’t like him, far too volatile.

My opinion of Lennon as he is about to leave...

——- Brilliant manager, brilliant guy who I like, far too volatile.

hfc-1875
26-01-2019, 07:27 AM

Neil Lennon I love you.

Great post and well said 👏🏻 Agree 100%

Hibs90
26-01-2019, 07:37 AM
He is not god.

Ozyhibby
26-01-2019, 07:37 AM
Lennon done well. I wanted us to get him and did not want him to leave but it’s done now and probably best for us and him.
Let’s not over do his achievements though. A 4th place finish is a good season and he’s the first to achieve it since Yogi but it is something a club like Hibs should be doing a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allmodcons
26-01-2019, 07:39 AM

Neil Lennon I love you.

Agree 100%, best manager we've had in years.
Passionate, charismatic but yet flawed. A great individual who has, without doubt, lifted the profile of our club.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Folk are aware a manager is leaving the club and nobody has died aye?

Has NL really rejuventated peoples passion for a club for the 1st time in 50 years? In that timespan Turnbull, Miller, Collins and Stubbs have all won us major trophies. We've had huge European nights and Mowbray led us to 2 consecutive top 4 premier league finishes.

I absolutely respect the way Lennon has dealt with the abuse he takes, I respect the way he has been open about his health issues and I think he was a very good manager for Hibs. Some of the almost mawkish stuff is getting a bit daft though.

26-01-2019, 07:43 AM

Has NL really rejuventated peoples passion for a club for the 1st time in 50 years? In that timespan Turnbull, Miller, Collins and Stubbs have all won us major trophies. We've had huge European nights and Mowbray led us to 2 consecutive top 4 premier league finishes.

I absolutely respect the way Lennon has dealt with the abuse he takes, I respect the way he has been open about his health issues and I think he was a very good manager for Hibs. Some of the almost mawkish stuff is getting a bit daft though.

Spot on. I think people are conflating lennons management ability and the feel good factor around the club after the cup win.

allmodcons
26-01-2019, 07:57 AM

I get what you're saying PB but still think the man deserves a lot credit for his achievements at the club.

Attendances would suggest that he has rejuvenated peoples passion for the club. There is no doubting that our SC cup win in 2016 was/is the main factor for an uplift season tickets but NL got us promoted, as he was appointed to do, and for me took us to another level last year.

His flawed character is what makes him such a likeable guy and IMO the board needs some balance from the keyboard warriors who use terms like clueless, useless, waste of space to describe him.

His team last season was, at times, as good as anything I've seen at Hibs.

Some of us will be really disappointed to see him go. It will interesting to see who replaces him but I'm struggling to think of a (realistic) replacement who fits the bill.

I know some don't like hearing it but we really should be careful what we wish for.

SirDavidsNapper
Find i amazing how people idolise him. He's embarrassed himself and the club far too often for my liking. Tynecastle twice - celebrating a disallowed goal like an idiot and threatening to leave. Rugby park screaming in an officials face are just are just a few examples. Publicly slating players that he's signed and played in a certain position. Yes he's been Box Office but for the wrong reasons. If you're going to act like an idiot at least back it up with results. He's shown disrect to the club once too often and looks as if he's done it again by getting himself suspended.

Imagine how Leeann Dempster and the players feeling right now......

Hibs are in the news not because of or great form but because our clown of a manager can't behave himself yet again. Great stuff.

HibeeHibernian4
Spot on. I think people are conflating lennons management ability and the feel good factor around the club after the cup win.

It's absolutely this, isn't it?

The Championship season is given a massive whitewash by most because of how elated we were all feeling post May 2016. All he had to do was get us up and we didn't care how it happened.

The first half of last season saw some wake up to Lennon's flaws, but the brilliance of the second half meant we were all romantically swept away again.

Much of his so-called "credit in the bank" that people talk of is actually Stubbs' unused credit for winning the Scottish Cup and rejuvenating this club.

The Spaceman
26-01-2019, 08:03 AM
Thank you Neil Lennon. Have loved his time in charge through the highs, lows, and sometimes bizarre. Has been, for the most part, very enjoyable.

Have to say, Lennon’s time with us was always going to end in a blazing firestorm, just a shame that time is now! All the best. We move on, big deal!

judas
26-01-2019, 08:08 AM

Neil Lennon I love you.

Absolute single fish. Hibs surf was up before Lennon arrived (thanks to our SC win)

Lennon caught the wave and just as he was looking like he could handle it he found himself under it.

It’ll be the waves fault of course.

pacoluna
26-01-2019, 08:48 AM

Yes he did rejuvenate us, last season was the best we've ever had. A joy to watch, taking on the old firm with no fear, no bull**** managerial clichés, what he said he meant, touchline rammies, aeroplane celebrations, you could feel the guys passion more so than any other manager I can remember.

His passion more than anything else is what I loved.

All the best Lenny.

SquashedFrogg
26-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Absolute single fish. Hibs surf was up before Lennon arrived (thanks to our SC win)

Lennon caught the wave and just as he was looking like he could handle it he found himself under it.

It’ll be the waves fault of course.

Why the need to post that on a thread showing appreciation? You not getting any attention on the multiple threads bashing Lennon?

Quite odd.

flash
26-01-2019, 08:58 AM

Neil Lennon I love you.

Some good points here. However if you weren't rejuvenated by us winning the Cup then something strange is going on.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 09:01 AM
Quality manager
Some cracking memories

Neil defo raised Hibs profile down south, everyone i speak with down here know a little about Hibs due to him. Sky sports loved him ad he an interesting character to promote Scottish football - he was always on sky

Spot on and now we can look forward to some cheap alternative.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2019, 09:03 AM
Spot on and now we can look forward to some cheap alternative.

What does that mean?

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2019, 09:03 AM
Stubbs team would hammer Lennon's team, he hasn't really rejuvenated a whole lot.

judas
26-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Why the need to post that on a thread showing appreciation? You not getting any attention on the multiple threads bashing Lennon?

Quite odd.

My prerogative.

Sorry you’re offended.

lyonhibs
26-01-2019, 09:26 AM

Quite. I'm not his missus, so by definition I don't "love" the man. A bit of toning down the OTT declarations wouldn't go amiss.

Last season and the Celtic game this season were great, and he brought in some very good players, some of whom I think have patently let him down this season, regardless of being played a bit out of position.

But if, as seems 99% certain, he's gone then it's tattie bye bye Mr Lennon, it was fun while it lasted but we need to look forward and move onwards (and up the damn league table) as a club.

Johnny Clash
26-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Stubbs team would hammer Lennon's team, he hasn't really rejuvenated a whole lot.

Stubbs’s team should have hammered Falkirk to get us into the play off against Killie. It didn’t happen. Lenny correctly sorted the ‘boy band’ type fragility and we were a much stronger outfit. Our recent dip in form was mainly down to loads of injuries and good players hitting a sticky patch. Make no mistake, losing Neil Lennon will be a HUGE blow for us!

SideBurns
26-01-2019, 09:33 AM
I think Lennon has been a really good manager for Hibs. Started off with an excellent performance v Brondby over 2 legs, when only a poor offside decision at ER stopped us going through. Won the Championship (whether Stubbs would've done the same in an easier league than he had to deal with is a moot point, but it's a fact that Lennon got the job done). There have been a couple of exciting (if ultimately unsuccessful) semi-finals, memorable wins over the Huns, Tic and of course the Jambos. Not to mention a second half of last season which provided goals, entertainment and European football through 4th place (so close to finishing runners up).

But in the last few months things have unravelled spectacularly. Even after by far the best result and performance during that period, the win v Celtic, he felt it necessary to reference the defeat at Killie, labelling the players' performance "pathetic"; no acknowledgement that he was in the least culpable for the result that day!

If even the tamest version of events from yesterday is to be believed, Lennon has been the author of his own misfortune. That he has been suspended certainly hints at a disciplinary breach, and regardless of your opinion of the man few would deny that he has a volatile nature, which makes the story easier to swallow.

There's little point in the fans engaging in civil war over this - we need to get behind the team, and whichever new man takes over.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Stubbs’s team should have hammered Falkirk to get us into the play off against Killie. It didn’t happen. Lenny correctly sorted the ‘boy band’ type fragility and we were a much stronger outfit. Our recent dip in form was mainly down to loads of injuries and good players hitting a sticky patch. Make no mistake, losing Neil Lennon will be a HUGE blow for us!

So no slack for Stubbs who also had terrible injuries and handled it much better?

Lennon signed these players, he's not getting enough out of them. He didn't sort the fragility at all, he mearly patched it up for a few months.

superfurryhibby
26-01-2019, 09:37 AM
I think Lennon has been a really good manager for Hibs. Started off with an excellent performance v Brondby over 2 legs, when only a poor offside decision at ER stopped us going through. Won the Championship (whether Stubbs would've done the same in an easier league than he had to deal with is a moot point, but it's a fact that Lennon got the job done). There have been a couple of exciting (if ultimately unsuccessful) semi-finals, memorable wins over the Huns, Tic and of course the Jambos. Not to mention a second half of last season which provided goals, entertainment and European football through 4th place (so close to finishing runners up).

But in the last few months things have unravelled spectacularly. Even after by far the best result and performance during that period, the win v Celtic, he felt it necessary to reference the defeat at Killie, labelling the players' performance "pathetic"; no acknowledgement that he was in the least culpable for the result that day!

If even the tamest version of events from yesterday is to be believed, Lennon has been the author of his own misfortune. That he has been suspended certainly hints at a disciplinary breach, and regardless of your opinion of the man few would deny that he has a volatile nature, which makes the story easier to swallow.

There's little point in the fans engaging in civil war over this - we need to get behind the team, and whichever new man takes over.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Keith_M
26-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Shouldn't all these threads be put on hold till the club says what (if anything) has actually happened.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Yes he did rejuvenate us, last season was the best we've ever had. A joy to watch, taking on the old firm with no fear, no bull**** managerial clichés, what he said he meant, touchline rammies, aeroplane celebrations, you could feel the guys passion more so than any other manager I can remember.

All the best Lenny.

I’m not sure Lennon really changed our mentality against the OF or ‘big teams’ in general. I’d argue his real success was, until recently, eliminating the daft dropped points against the smaller teams. As a reference:

V Rangers -

Lennon played 5, won 2, lost 1 and drew 2. Win percentage 40%
Stubbs played 12, won 7 and lost 5. Win percentage 58%

V Hearts

Lennon played 9, won 3, drew 3, lost 3. Win percentage 33%
Stubbs played 5, won 2, drew 3, lost 1. Win percentage 40%

V Aberdeen

Lennon played 8, won 1, drew 2, lost 5. Win percentage 12.5%
Stubbs played 1, won 1. Win percentage 100%.

V Celtic

Stubbs is N/A
Lennon played 7, won 2, drew 2, lost 3. Win percentage 28%.

Stubbs had us in 3 semi finals winning 2 and 2 finals winning 1. Lennon had us in 2 semi finals losing both.

I’m not interested in another Stubbs v Lennon debate. It’s been done to death, I just think it’s interesting that a lot of our ‘winning mentality’ v the likes of Hearts is attributed to Lennon when the stats don’t really back it up.

As I’ve said Lennon has been a very good manager for Hibs, he was exactly what we needed to get us out the Championship and much of last season was hugely enjoyable. I’m just not buying into the idea people really prefer fiery rhetoric and celebrations over trophies in the cabinet though.

cleanyman
26-01-2019, 09:43 AM
The only fact we need is that Stubbs was a terrible league manager for Hibs

One Day Soon
26-01-2019, 09:44 AM
I get what you're saying PB but still think the man deserves a lot credit for his achievements at the club.

Attendances would suggest that he has rejuvenated peoples passion for the club. There is no doubting that our SC cup win in 2016 was/is the main factor for an uplift season tickets but NL got us promoted, as he was appointed to do, and for me took us to another level last year.

His flawed character is what makes him such a likeable guy and IMO the board needs some balance from the keyboard warriors who use terms like clueless, useless, waste of space to describe him.

His team last season was, at times, as good as anything I've seen at Hibs.

Some of us will be really disappointed to see him go. It will interesting to see who replaces him but I'm struggling to think of a (realistic) replacement who fits the bill.

I know some don't like hearing it but we really should be careful what we wish for.

You speak for me here AMC. No doubt he was flawed at times but he was also magnificent at other times. We have great moments at precious few intervals over the decades and winning things has been wonderful. I can’t think of many occasions though when I felt I could genuinely believe we might finish a very good second in the league and perhaps threaten to be there consistently. No doubt a lot of that was cup winning bounce but a lot of it was what Neil brought to the party too.

I’ve not wished for this but some have, though not in this manner I assume. Now we find out whether there’s a better tomorrow out there.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 09:46 AM

Who twice managed almost exactly the same points total in the Championship as Lennon, in a far harder league.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2019, 09:48 AM
The only fact we need is that Stubbs was a terrible league manager for HibsThat's not a fact. He never got 2 wins in 14.

One Day Soon
26-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Who twice managed almost exactly the same points total in the Championship as Lennon, in a far harder league.

I’m tempted to think we should bring Stubbs back right now just to see what happens and settle this daft argument.

BullsCloseHibs
26-01-2019, 09:53 AM
One of the saddest things is he came to Edinburgh probably expecting to forget all about Glasweigen sectarianism, yet he found it here,in abundance, with Hearts supporters. They have,in part, driven him out. What must that hatred and stuff do do one's mind?
Your a good man Neil Lennon.
Always be a Hibernian legend.

pacoluna
26-01-2019, 09:55 AM
I’m not sure Lennon really changed our mentality against the OF or ‘big teams’ in general. I’d argue his real success was, until recently, eliminating the daft dropped points against the smaller teams. As a reference:

V Rangers -

Lennon played 5, won 2, lost 1 and drew 2. Win percentage 40%
Stubbs played 12, won 7 and lost 5. Win percentage 58%

V Hearts

Lennon played 9, won 3, drew 3, lost 3. Win percentage 33%
Stubbs played 5, won 2, drew 3, lost 1. Win percentage 40%

V Aberdeen

Lennon played 8, won 1, drew 2, lost 5. Win percentage 12.5%
Stubbs played 1, won 1. Win percentage 100%.

V Celtic

Stubbs is N/A
Lennon played 7, won 2, drew 2, lost 3. Win percentage 28%.

Stubbs had us in 3 semi finals winning 2 and 2 finals winning 1. Lennon had us in 2 semi finals losing both.

I’m not interested in another Stubbs v Lennon debate. It’s been done to death, I just think it’s interesting that a lot of our ‘winning mentality’ v the likes of Hearts is attributed to Lennon when the stats don’t really back it up.

As I’ve said Lennon has been a very good manager for Hibs, he was exactly what we needed to get us out the Championship and much of last season was hugely enjoyable. I’m just not buying into the idea people really prefer fiery rhetoric and celebrations over trophies in the cabinet though.

This chronic comparing between Lennon and Stubbs must nauseate other posters rite?

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 09:57 AM
I’m tempted to think we should bring Stubbs back right now just to see what happens and settle this daft argument.

I'm not advocating a return of Stubbs nor trying to have a go at Lennon. I'm just trying to offer a bit perspective to the hysterical 'Lennon is irreplaceable' chat.

In recent years we replaced Calderwood with Fenlon which was an improvement, Butcher was an unmitigated disaster, Stubbs was a huge improvement on Butcher and the general consensus is Lennon, in spite of his inferior record v Hearts, Rangers, Aberdeen and in cup competitions, was an improvmemt on Stubbs. The Hibs job is an attractive one and we'll get a decent calibre of applicant. I'd prefer if Lennon was here until the summer but it doesn't look like it is to be so I'm not going to go into total meltdown.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 09:58 AM

Amazing 😂😂😂😂😂

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 09:58 AM
This chronic comparing between Lennon and Stubbs must nauseate other posters rite?

Is it not a relevant retort to your reply to my post?

As I've said there's total hysteria from soms that Lennon is irreplaceable and I just don't see it.

SquashedFrogg
26-01-2019, 10:02 AM
My prerogative.

Sorry you’re offended.

Not offended. And you're right, it's your prerogative. I just found it a little odd.

pacoluna
26-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Is it not a relevant retort to your reply to my post?

As I've said there's total hysteria from soms that Lennon is irreplaceable and I just don't see it.

Lennon isn't irreplaceable, far from it. What many including myself liked was his passion and is willingness to say what he thought unlike the usual methodical current robotic managerial cliché response lingo.

His strength, his passion was in the end his downfall. Perhaps our players would rather a mouse in charge.

One Day Soon
26-01-2019, 10:15 AM
I'm not advocating a return of Stubbs nor trying to have a go at Lennon. I'm just trying to offer a bit perspective to the hysterical 'Lennon is irreplaceable' chat.

In recent years we replaced Calderwood with Fenlon which was an improvement, Butcher was an unmitigated disaster, Stubbs was a huge improvement on Butcher and the general consensus is Lennon, in spite of his inferior record v Hearts, Rangers, Aberdeen and in cup competitions, was an improvmemt on Stubbs. The Hibs job is an attractive one and we'll get a decent calibre of applicant. I'd prefer if Lennon was here until the summer but it doesn't look like it is to be so I'm not going to go into total meltdown.

Yes I know you’re not but others are and have been for quite some time. It’s a pretty fruitless debate since it changes nothing at all. I was just observing that bringing him back, even until season end, might be worth contemplating while we work out who is next. Admittedly settling an irritatating .net argument isn’t a good enough reason for doing so...

I’m grateful that we had both Alan and Neil as Hibs managers at their different times. They both brought high points and great memories I’ll never forget, as well as some lows. I’m also increasingly sold now on the theory that since the cup win the nature of some of our support has changed - more entitled, more hissy fit and less realistic. Supporting Hibs is not a job for those with thin skins or low patience thresholds as history bears our.

One Day Soon
26-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Lennon isn't irreplaceable, far from it. What many including myself liked was his passion and is willingness to say what he thought unlike the usual methodical current robotic managerial cliché response lingo.

His strength, his passion was in the end his downfall. Perhaps our players would rather a mouse in charge.

One of the very few short term positives I can see here is that not a single player has anywhere to hide now. If Neil was the issue for some of them they should play out their skins from here on, or in some cases at least just look like they’re actually trying.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 10:21 AM
One of the very few short term positives I can see here is that not a single player has anywhere to hide now. If Neil was the issue for some of them they should play out their skins from here on, or in some cases at least just look like they’re actually trying.

Or just leave and get to ****

where'stheslope
26-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Shouldn't all these threads be put on hold till the club says what (if anything) has actually happened.
This in spades!!!!
Saying cheerio before he's even away??????

judas
26-01-2019, 10:43 AM
Not offended. And you're right, it's your prerogative. I just found it a little odd.

The opinions of others can seem odd when they don’t tally with your own.

Lots of differing views. Many agree with me and many don’t.

Cabbage East
26-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Hope he stays.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 10:50 AM

Nope.

JJP
26-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Short memories on this board. We finished last season with a record number of points and were unbeaten at home for a long time under Lennon. Now he is leaving and people are being revisionist and acting like he didn’t do that good a job because we have been under par in the short term this season.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Short memories on this board. We finished last season with a record number of points and were unbeaten at home for a long time under Lennon. Now he is leaving and people are being revisionist and acting like he didn’t do that good a job because we have been under par in the short term this season.

We finished with a record number of points but also with a budget that blows most other Hibs managers out the water. No doubting it was a good season but I don’t see last season as being more impressive than either of Mowbrays seasons.

pacoluna
26-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Nope.

Not for the likes of you ofcourse, you and 90+2 fill every thread with it.

Juniper Greens
26-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Best top flight points total last year in our whole 144 year history. Let that sink in. We are SO lucky to have him as manager. If it's all ended it's a huge blow, make no mistake about it.

Whilst that's true. It would be fairer to note that up until 30 years ago, you only got two points for a win

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 11:12 AM
Not for the likes of you ofcourse, you and 90+2 fill every thread with it.

Not really. I just don’t find people discussing things “nauseating”.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 11:13 AM
One thing is for sure, Neil Lennon is going to get a lot of valentines cards this year.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You may have left the hibs
But Neil I’m so in love with you. 💚💚💚

judas
26-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Whilst that's true. It would be fairer to note that up until 30 years ago, you only got two points for a win

Yep

Cameron1875
26-01-2019, 11:16 AM
His passion and anger towards Hearts and Rangers, as much as we loved it, was absolute fuelled by him being a Celtic man.

Genuinely I don't really think he gives a monkeys about any club apart from Celtic. The aeroplane stuff masked the fact we had chucked a 3-0 lead to be 5-3 down ffs! Then it was just to wind up the huns which led to a ban at a crucial start to the season.

The guy is a roaster. Always has been and always will be.

Stubbs got Hibs. Lennon never.

HibeeHibernian4
26-01-2019, 11:18 AM

They wouldn't just hammer them, they would play them off the park.

HibeeHibernian4
26-01-2019, 11:20 AM

That would've seen Stubbs become the first manager in Hibs history to take us into three finals in one season, having a month earlier become the first manager in Hibs history to take us into two finals in one season. Starting to get the picture yet?

HibeeHibernian4
26-01-2019, 11:23 AM

Gosh, it would be really embarrassing for Neil Lennon if he only managed to get one point more than a 'terrible league manager' when he took over in a much, much weaker league, wouldn't it?

pacoluna
26-01-2019, 11:25 AM
His passion and anger towards Hearts and Rangers, as much as we loved it, was absolute fuelled by him being a Celtic man.

Genuinely I don't really think he gives a monkeys about any club apart from Celtic. The aeroplane stuff masked the fact we had chucked a 3-0 lead to be 5-3 down ffs! Then it was just to wind up the huns which led to a ban at a crucial start to the season.

The guy is a roaster. Always has been and always will be.

Stubbs got Hibs. Lennon never.

Time to switch off from this forum for while before I get another warning.

SideBurns
26-01-2019, 11:27 AM

The 'boy band' stuff he referred to when taking over was nonsense, in my opinion. How could we have won the cup in those circumstances if the team was riddled with fragility? That team had plenty heart and a great attitude.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 11:29 AM
The 'boy band' stuff he referred to when taking over was nonsense, in my opinion. How could we have won the cup in those circumstances if the team was riddled with fragility? That team had plenty heart and a great attitude.

And since he's taken over we've a lower win percentage against Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts. And made it to 0 cup finals in 2 and a half seasons compared to 2 cup finals, winning 1 in Stubbs 2 seasons. As you said, since we got relegated the team has had a very good attitude up until recently. Coinciding with Lennon slaughtering certain players over and over again.

SquashedFrogg
26-01-2019, 11:36 AM
They wouldn't just hammer them, they would play them off the park.

Then run out of ideas at the edge of the box.

Turkish Green
26-01-2019, 01:22 PM
LOVE!

I love my wife. I love my kids. I love Hibernian FC. But to broadcast love for a football manager, sheesh!

One Day Soon
26-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Time to move on for both Neil haters and lovers - not sure some posters will be capable of that though.

Trying to obessionally prove how bad he was or how much better Stubbs was isn’t going to cut any ice. We now have no one leading and the rest of this season is looking like a walk through a minefield.

How do we address lack of manager in short term, likely no more signings and probable drop in season tickets for next season? We need to start winning and consistently, what’s the fastest surest route to that point?

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:33 PM
LOVE!

I love my wife. I love my kids. I love Hibernian FC. But to broadcast love for a football manager, sheesh!

Kebab. Sorry, I couldn’t help it 😃

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:37 PM
Time to move on for both Neil haters and lovers - not sure some posters will be capable of that though.

Trying to obessionally prove how bad he was or how much better Stubbs was isn’t going to cut any ice. We now have no one leading and the rest of this season is looking like a walk through a minefield.

How do we address lack of manager in short term, likely no more signings and probable drop in season tickets for next season? We need to start winning and consistently, what’s the fastest surest route to that point?

It’s probably a bit too raw at the moment to move on but I would agree with the sentiment.

Next season if we make an ambitious appointment followed by a couple more really good PCA looking forward to hit the ground running then sales may not be hit as much as if we continued the slide we face ourselves in. There is still the nucleus of a good squad to work with to keep us safe at least.

chrisski33
26-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Quality manager
Some cracking memories

The board did back him ffs. He inherited a great side with players always going to move on and some of lennons signings havebt been good enough.

SeanWilson
26-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 10:57 PM

Another crock from mr happy.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Lenny has undoubtedly made a historic impact upon our club.

He led us out of the dastardly difficult championship and for that we will be forever grateful @LoveLenny.

However, on the downside he later became an enigma for team selections and tactics that failed miserably.

He leaves as a Legend probably remembered by most @LoveLenny for leading us back into the Premiership where we belong.

However, there are some probably the vast minority who prefer to say 'good riddance' to our Lenny who love him or loathe him has had a lasting impact on our club.

God bless you Lenny and hope you go on to prosper wherever you end up next.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 12:24 AM
Lenny has undoubtedly made a historic impact upon our club.

He led us out of the dastardly difficult championship and for that we will be forever grateful @LoveLenny.

However, on the downside he later became an enigma for team selections and tactics that failed miserably.

He leaves as a Legend probably remembered by most @LoveLenny for leading us back into the Premiership where we belong.

However, there are some probably the vast minority who prefer to say 'good riddance' to our Lenny who love him or loathe him has had a lasting impact on our club.

God bless you Lenny and hope you go on to prosper wherever you end up next.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

So I’m gathering you find Alex McLeish who brought us up, got us third in the league not fourth and a Scottish Cup Semi as well as our best result against hearts since the 70s in even higher esteem than Lennon? That’s a massively historic impact considering he brought in all his own players that got sold for millions too.

Tornadoes70
27-01-2019, 12:35 AM
So I’m gathering you find Alex McLeish who brought us up, got us third in the league not fourth and a Scottish Cup Semi as well as our best result against hearts since the 70s in even higher esteem than Lennon? That’s a massively historic impact considering he brought in all his own players that got sold for millions too.

This thread's about Lenny.

Captain Trips
27-01-2019, 12:37 AM
Neil Lennon did a good job but I won't be thanking him after the events of the last 24 hrs. He has totally let me down.

Sooner we get a new manager the better.

Hi Heid Yin
27-01-2019, 12:56 AM
Thankfully a thread with fitting words for Neil Lennon. I agree with all of the above and i believe we will see how big a loss Neil will be to Hibernian if indeed there is no way back for him at Easter Rd. God bless Neil Lennon

:agree::agree:

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 12:58 AM
This thread's about Lenny.

So you won’t answer the question then?

Hi Heid Yin
27-01-2019, 12:58 AM

:agree::agree:

Hi Heid Yin
27-01-2019, 01:03 AM

:top marks

Tornadoes70
27-01-2019, 01:12 AM
So you won’t answer the question then?

Start a thread on Alex McLeish and I will certainly give my opinion on his tenure. Tbis one's solely about Lenny and the current circumstances we find ourselves in. I'm not going to be drawn into comparing Alex and Lenny of different times and events.

You're all over the place jumping around posting willy nilly saying whatever.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

HibeeHibernian4
27-01-2019, 03:43 AM

If three points for a win existed in 1973/74 and 1974/75, Hibs would’ve had 2 points more than they did last season having played four games fewer. So you can spin it how you want, but it doesn’t make it the achievement you pretend it is.

McD
27-01-2019, 08:29 AM

All the best Lenny.

The best season we’ve ever had?

so winning the Scottish cup, winning the league cup on numerous occasions, the tornadoes, famous five, winning the league....none of these is better than finishing fourth?

last season was great, especially from January through to the finish, and Lennon absolutely deserves the credit for that. He equally needs to take at least some of the criticism for this season not being quite what it could have been. That’s the life of a football manager.

McD
27-01-2019, 08:31 AM
If three points for a win existed in 1973/74 and 1974/75, Hibs would’ve had 2 points more than they did last season having played four games fewer. So you can spin it how you want, but it doesn’t make it the achievement you pretend it is.

As good as last season was, no one looks back fondly and remembers that’s season where we got loads of points. We might remember swashbuckling football, winning massive matches, winning trophies, but not the points total.

My old man
27-01-2019, 11:36 AM
in my 50 years being a supporter of hibernian, boy to man, you rejuvenated my passion for football and hibs. Your enthusiasm for my club i will never forget, the aeroplane will live with me till i die.

Neil lennon i love you.

bump
ggtth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-01-2019, 11:39 AM
One thing is for sure, Neil Lennon is going to get a lot of valentines cards this year.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You may have left the hibs
But Neil I’m so in love with you. 💚💚💚

Contender for the cringiest post on .net ever?

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 11:43 AM
Contender for the cringiest post on .net ever?

I’m not the one declaring my love for a Celtic supporting ex gaffer who achieved very little overall and leaves us bottom 6.

bigwheel
27-01-2019, 11:45 AM
I’m not the one declaring my love for a Celtic supporting ex gaffer who achieved very little overall and leaves us bottom 6.

The King is dead..long live the King