PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dressing Room.

Brooster
26-01-2019, 12:11 AM
I said in October that Lennon had lost the dressing room. Nothing has changed since then. I could go on and on listing examples but team selection,formations, tactics and erratic behaviours are affecting the whole club. It's best if he moves on. Thanks Neil bit you are grinding us down.

Jones28
26-01-2019, 12:13 AM
Yepp, something changed after the game at Tynecastle. Have we played the same team two games in a row since?

Brooster
26-01-2019, 12:16 AM
Yepp, something changed after the game at Tynecastle. Have we played the same team two games in a row since?

He has imploded after the last 2 away derbies, going missing for days. We don't need that.

Lex7zero
26-01-2019, 12:18 AM
I said in October that Lennon had lost the dressing room. Nothing has changed since then. I could go on and on listing examples but team selection,formations, tactics and erratic behaviours are affecting the whole club. It's best if he moves on. Thanks Neil bit you are grinding us down.

Yup everyone could see that the Hertz game At Tyne was the start of the end. Never kicked a ball since.

we have seen it before under Fenlon and Butcher and I am glad to see him go before we sink too low.

Just a pity he can't take real poison of Petrie with him.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:19 AM
This coupled by in my opinion he knows he won’t do better than last year and all enthusiasm seems gone, nothing this season has convinced me he wasn’t pulling a Calderwood and now the club have taken action but must be all over the shop in legal terms because of the mental health issue. That’s the only reason for me he’s not been sacked.

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 12:20 AM
This coupled by in my opinion he knows he won’t do better than last year and all enthusiasm seems gone, nothing this season has convinced me he wasn’t pulling a Calderwood and now the club have taken action but must be all over the shop in legal terms because of the mental health issue. That’s the only reason for me he’s not been sacked.

the only reason we wouldn't have sacked him as we are trying to avoid a full payout.

S4uzee
26-01-2019, 12:23 AM
Yup everyone could see that the Hertz game At Tyne was the start of the end. Never kicked a ball since.

we have seen it before under Fenlon and Butcher and I am glad to see him go before we sink too low.

Just a pity he can't take real poison of Petrie with him.
Can’t be criticise for showing passion and rightfully so after such a poor performance that night.

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2019, 12:28 AM
I said in October that Lennon had lost the dressing room. Nothing has changed since then. I could go on and on listing examples but team selection,formations, tactics and erratic behaviours are affecting the whole club. It's best if he moves on. Thanks Neil bit you are grinding us down.Agreed gave us 2 good seasons but something has not been right since Tynecastle defeat last May...and this has been on the cards since then. Don't agree with his public bullying of Flo neither when he's hung the guy out to dry by playing him up front alone and when injured (earlier in season). It's been clear for a while he's lost the dressing room

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2019, 12:31 AM
Can’t be criticise for showing passion and rightfully so after such a poor performance that night.But not for the first time a poor performance caused by my his tactics on the night?? Same as his 2 semi finals at Hampden for us and the vast majority of this season too...he's far from blameless in all this. Gave us a great 2 seasons but all has not been well for while at ER behind the scenes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mr Grieves
26-01-2019, 12:35 AM
The form of both teams after the tyncastle derby has been abysmal. There'll be a psychology undergarduate wetting their pants.

truehibernian
26-01-2019, 12:35 AM
He has imploded after the last 2 away derbies, going missing for days. We don't need that.

Brooster, as I am sure you know, he imploded at half time and full time last season after the 2-1 loss at Tynecastle and his behaviour was unprofessional. On a playing front, I'm sure he didn't play David Gray and Jamie despite our good form going into the game. Before it I was close to him and he was snarling and not in a good frame of mind - I knew we would lose that game - the way he shouted at Flo and Brandon Barker during it was outrageous too.

It's never nice to see, he has had great moments, but his negativity and unrealistic expectations are now counter productive.

There is a cracking guy in there too, I saw it myself during an event at EM when he took time out during Saturday training to talk to guys who had mental health issues - but the club are in a state of flux and downbeat and the likes of Parker do nothing to counteract that. Stubbs had a great backroom team to gee up the guys, this management team don't.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 12:43 AM
the only reason we wouldn't have sacked him as we are trying to avoid a full payout.

Doesn't deserve pay after this season's fiasco. Brilliant last season but this one's been brutal what with extremely bizarre team set ups.

He must know himself that his performance has been woeful this season.

Think the board's patience has probably been tested to the limit and then some and have acted properly throughout.

Onwards and Upwards

Mon the Cabbage!!!

sorrow sorrow
26-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Back to mediocrity for a few years.
Thanks for a couple of years of being yourself neil

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 12:47 AM

Mediocrity this season I would take. I fear we could now be in freefall regardless of who comes in. What a shambles.

truehibernian
26-01-2019, 12:48 AM

Was it 'mediocre' under Stubbs ? We got to two semi finals, two finals and won the cup - all hail mediocrity :aok: Hibs will move on and Hibs will strive to be successful even without Lennon :agree: last 4 years have been far from mediocre, stay calm and breath

sorrow sorrow
26-01-2019, 01:16 AM
Was it 'mediocre' under Stubbs ? We got to two semi finals, two finals and won the cup - all hail mediocrity :aok: Hibs will move on and Hibs will strive to be successful even without Lennon :agree: last 4 years have been far from mediocre, stay calm and breath

Time will tell mate,I’m like u and everyone else,I have loved the last few years but really worried we will fall back into what I was brought up with over 40 years of hibs lack of ambition

tamig
26-01-2019, 01:19 AM
Time will tell mate,I’m like u and everyone else,I have loved the last few years but really worried we will fall back into what I was brought up with over 40 years of hibs lack of ambition

I honestly don't see that happening. We were rudderless when RP was running the show on his own. LD has put a fantastic structure in place and I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with next. I don't think there's any chance of us regressing to the way it was before Leeann.

sorrow sorrow
26-01-2019, 01:44 AM
I honestly don't see that happening. We were rudderless when RP was running the show on his own. LD has put a fantastic structure in place and I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with next. I don't think there's any chance of us regressing to the way it was before Leeann.

10,15,20,25 years ago true total through and through hibs fans have been lost forever buying season tickets,we have got the younger generation buying on the back of the cup success but we will lose them if we continue to act like we have in years gone by

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:50 AM

You do realise how ***** it’s been this season?

I do agree though, thanks Neil for the other 2 seasons, wish him nothing but the best 👍 done a cracking job until the end of last season.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:53 AM
Mediocrity this season I would take. I fear we could now be in freefall regardless of who comes in. What a shambles.

Based on what? Our ceo has successfully turned the club around which included emptying butcher on day 1, employing our cup winning legend manager and backing him with the players he brought to the club then continuously backing another success in Lennon. Why would it end up freefall now? There’s no substance to say we will get the next appointment wrong.

we are hibs
26-01-2019, 05:07 AM
It's absolutely no wonder the players turned on him. It's okay having a go once in a blue moon to give them a wee nudge but it was becoming an almost weekly occurrence. Targeting and singling out players too. Not only that but taking his critisims to extreme levels. Maybe not as great a man manager as made out.

J-C
26-01-2019, 05:15 AM
Just look at Man U, the players look happy again, got in a manager that understands the club and how to set up players in the proper system. Even Lukaku looked transformed with 2 glorious passes for goals.

Barney McGrew
26-01-2019, 05:26 AM
Don't agree with his public bullying of Flo neither when he's hung the guy out to dry

It wasn’t just in public, it was happening behind the scenes too.

It's okay having a go once in a blue moon to give them a wee nudge but it was becoming an almost weekly occurrence.

Replace weekly with daily and you’ll be closer to the truth.

BullsCloseHibs
26-01-2019, 05:40 AM
I've woken up this morning, absorbed everything, read all of this and I'm now content with things. It's time for Neil Lennon to move on and bring in someone fresh and get HIBS going again! 😁 👍

southsider
26-01-2019, 05:41 AM
It's absolutely no wonder the players turned on him. It's okay having a go once in a blue moon to give them a wee nudge but it was becoming an almost weekly occurrence. Targeting and singling out players too. Not only that but taking his critisims to extreme levels. Maybe not as great a man manager as made out.

Asked him ‘ is it fun now at Man U ?. Yes we (the players ) all know what we are doing.’ Unlike us the now.

Bangkok Hibby
26-01-2019, 05:55 AM
Just look at Man U, the players look happy again, got in a manager that understands the club and how to set up players in the proper system. Even Lukaku looked transformed with 2 glorious passes for goals.

No matter if your a Lennon fan or not, the same can happen here.

J-C
26-01-2019, 06:02 AM
No matter if your a Lennon fan or not, the same can happen here.

Exactly why I made the comparison, even if we don't get anyone immediately the fact he's not there may help the team, can't be fun turning up to work every day knowing the boss will be shouting abuse at you.

KeithTheHibby
26-01-2019, 06:08 AM

Why is that? Is Lennon irreplacable?

Our board have got the last 2 managerial appointments bang on, I have every faith they will do the same this time.
There is very little wrong with our club. Bit of minor surgery however the building blocks are in place for whoever comes in.
I’d like to see us go after Steve Clarke.

Onceinawhile
26-01-2019, 06:24 AM
My missus met him when she was out one night just before New year. When he'd had a few he was whining and bitching about the club selling players and not giving him any money.

I suspect he's been unhappy since the summer and it's now starting to rot the whole pot.

Feel sorry for gauld and Omeonga.

HH81
26-01-2019, 09:47 AM
If a manager loses the dressing room there is generally no way back.

Sad to see it looks to have ended.

Some great days with Lennon in charge. The 5-5 game last season was an example of the best game I have ever seen. Belter and been in the south stand made it even better.
Things have improved since when he came in. Now to try bring someone in who can move us a further level up.

emerald green
26-01-2019, 06:09 PM

If the manager/coach has lost the dressing room, there is usually no way back. There's lots of recent examples of that. He has to go.

It's vital however that the team does not go into freefall, because if they do it has a domino effect with season ticket sales also going into freefall.

SChibs
26-01-2019, 06:13 PM
I get the feeling if things are going well Lennon is a great manager to play under. However of things are going badly he is a nightmare to work with. The problem is if it's the managers tactics and line ups/formations that are the problem there is only so much the players can do.

If this has been going on for a while could it be the reason efe invoked the clause but still has no club? He's praised Lennon in the past and maybe didn't want to be involved in a revolt and could see the way things were going

Northern Hibby
26-01-2019, 06:15 PM
If set out correctly and encouraged to play the way we know they can, i see no reason for freefall there is enough talent in the current squad to see us through.

Smartie
26-01-2019, 07:41 PM
If set out correctly and encouraged to play the way we know they can, i see no reason for freefall there is enough talent in the current squad to see us through.

We have problems scoring goals and that is down to personnel (or lack of) much more than who our manager is.

The biggest negative about Lennon leaving now is that it leaves us pretty much unable to rectify that particular situation.

If freefall happens then it will be due to this.

We have a strong core of players who I'm sure any manager would want to work with but I am concerned about our obvious deficiencies which realistically cannot now be addressed.

J-C
26-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Unfortunately this season has seen Lennon being very bi polar and the players were starting to hate going into training as they never knew what Lennon was going to turn up.

Tyler Durden
26-01-2019, 07:53 PM
We have problems scoring goals and that is down to personnel (or lack of) much more than who our manager is.

The biggest negative about Lennon leaving now is that it leaves us pretty much unable to rectify that particular situation.

If freefall happens then it will be due to this.

We have a strong core of players who I'm sure any manager would want to work with but I am concerned about our obvious deficiencies which realistically cannot now be addressed.

I’m not so sure we can’t still make some decent signings.

Look at Jason Cummings as an example. If Hibs (via George Craig let’s say) make an offer to sign him on loan until the end of the season and he doesn’t have any better offers....he’s going to sign. I don’t see our lack of a manager at that point being a deciding factor. Players will look at the money on offer and their chances of game time.

Granted not every player will think that way but if we get Maclaren back and Agyepong fit, I personally don’t think we need too many additions to improve short term.

Not really a worse position than trusting Lennon with the budget when his commitment and his record on recruitment was so questionable.

Lago
26-01-2019, 07:55 PM
What a sad state of affairs Hibs find themselves in.😥

Eyrie
26-01-2019, 07:56 PM
What a sad state of affairs Hibs find themselves in.😥
But not of the club's own making.

Joe6-2
26-01-2019, 07:57 PM
10,15,20,25 years ago true total through and through hibs fans have been lost forever buying season tickets,we have got the younger generation buying on the back of the cup success but we will lose them if we continue to act like we have in years gone by

I can just see it happening, our lack of ambition, the odd light at the end of the tunnel always being snuffed out

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 08:06 PM
But not of the club's own making.

Yup. We can debate whether it was time for Lennon to go or not all we want but this situation isn’t the club’s fault. From the sounds of things Lennon put them in a position where they had to pull the trigger.

where'stheslope
26-01-2019, 08:32 PM
Yup. We can debate whether it was time for Lennon to go or not all we want but this situation isn’t the club’s fault. From the sounds of things Lennon put them in a position where they had to pull the trigger.
Is that not what he's been doing throughout the season?
Making it so his position was untenable, not talking to the media at after game interviews ect.!!!
Talking out about players in the press, it all adds up to sooner or later the club has to say enough's enough!!
The problem we have is proving he has deliberately this is what he has done, if proved, we can fire him and tear up his contract, otherwise we have to pay out his contract!!!!!

we are hibs
26-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Is that not what he's been doing throughout the season?
Making it so his position was untenable, not talking to the media at after game interviews ect.!!!
Talking out about players in the press, it all adds up to sooner or later the club has to say enough's enough!!
The problem we have is proving he has deliberately this is what he has done, if proved, we can fire him and tear up his contract, otherwise we have to pay out his contract!!!!!

What are the club meant to prove he done deliberately?

judas
26-01-2019, 08:42 PM
This is the best thread about this situation at the moment on Hibs net.

All points made seem very rational to me.

Lester B
26-01-2019, 08:52 PM

Sorry but that really isn't how it works at all. If his behaviour is unreasonable the club can discipline him. If he commits gross misconduct then he could be fired. But tear up his contract? Can't happen. We have to pay out his contract in full otherwise? Not necessarily

JimBHibees
27-01-2019, 07:16 AM
I’m not so sure we can’t still make some decent signings.

Look at Jason Cummings as an example. If Hibs (via George Craig let’s say) make an offer to sign him on loan until the end of the season and he doesn’t have any better offers....he’s going to sign. I don’t see our lack of a manager at that point being a deciding factor. Players will look at the money on offer and their chances of game time.

Granted not every player will think that way but if we get Maclaren back and Agyepong fit, I personally don’t think we need too many additions to improve short term.

Not really a worse position than trusting Lennon with the budget when his commitment and his record on recruitment was so questionable.

Even the players that are linked at the moment such as Efe, Jason, Allan and maybe Barker dont think any of them would baulk and not sign with Hibs if they are happy with the deals being offered as they all would be able to check with players at the club whether Lennon leaving is positive. If we could get 3 of them in then think window would be decent.

where'stheslope
27-01-2019, 10:16 AM
Even the players that are linked at the moment such as Efe, Jason, Allan and maybe Barker dont think any of them would baulk and not sign with Hibs if they are happy with the deals being offered as they all would be able to check with players at the club whether Lennon leaving is positive. If we could get 3 of them in then think window would be decent.
Who's going to negotiate these deals?
Until we have a manager in place it will be hard to do, as when a new manager comes in he would not maybe want all of them.

bigwheel
27-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Until we have a manager in place it will be hard to do, as when a new manager comes in he would not maybe want all of them.

Lennon won’t negotiate any deal. He would though sell his vision and the intended role in that to the target

Smartie
27-01-2019, 10:23 AM

In my opinion it's not the negotiation that is the problem - people other than the manager carry out most of the negotiations.

The problem I see it is why would any of these players commit to Hibs when within the next few days a new manager could come in and confine them to the sidelines with no opportunity to do anything about it for 6 months?

flash
27-01-2019, 10:25 AM
In my opinion it's not the negotiation that is the problem - people other than the manager carry out most of the negotiations.

The problem I see it is why would any of these players commit to Hibs when within the next few days a new manager could come in and confine them to the sidelines with no opportunity to do anything about it for 6 months?
They will if they have confidence in their ability.

JimBHibees
27-01-2019, 10:32 AM

Managers wouldn't agree the deals however the club may have an idea who they want and run a few names past them but also may need to make decisions on players as we need quality in and window shuts this week.

Smartie
27-01-2019, 10:35 AM
They will if they have confidence in their ability.

They might, especially if they are young and naive.

A more experienced player will be more likely to have fallen foul of the fickle nature of the game at some point and know that sometimes in spite of your ability a manager just won't fancy you.

In a short career committing to a place of uncertainty would be a big risk.

southsider
27-01-2019, 10:36 AM

Lenny was head coach. George sought out players, LD done the deals and Lenny coached them. But he would have a big say in who we brought in. Window still open for George & LD to bring in a couple of fresh faces.

jacomo
27-01-2019, 10:39 AM

It’s an issue, no doubt about it.

We need at least one striker and a centre back, unless we are just waiting for the Aussies to return and hoping for the best.

Peevemor
27-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Lenny was head coach. George sought out players, LD done the deals and Lenny coached them. But he would have a big say in who we brought in. Window still open for George & LD to bring in a couple of fresh faces.There could well be players that Lennon vetoed but could come in an do a job.

scooby
27-01-2019, 10:49 AM
I get the feeling if things are going well Lennon is a great manager to play under. However of things are going badly he is a nightmare to work with. The problem is if it's the managers tactics and line ups/formations that are the problem there is only so much the players can do.

If this has been going on for a while could it be the reason efe invoked the clause but still has no club? He's praised Lennon in the past and maybe didn't want to be involved in a revolt and could see the way things were going

Consumed by his own demons?

hibsfan7
27-01-2019, 10:55 AM
When a manager loses the dressing room then there is no way back he has to go