PDA

View Full Version : Another Manager Emptied for Ambition?

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 12:39 AM
Lennon wanted us to be the best as did John Collins many years back. Sadly the Hibs Board offered no support. Same old with Petrie behind the scenes.

When will Hibernian FC grow some balls and realise our potential?

What a ******g shambles.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2019, 12:41 AM
How did the board show no support? I dare you to show some facts that back that up.

Hibs90
26-01-2019, 12:43 AM
Fees for at least 3 players.
Milligan on decent wage. Loan fees/wages. Wasting cash on tripe Mavrias,Nelom etc

Lennon had a good budget its not the boards fault he blew it on rubbish.

Jones28
26-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Pish pish pish pish pish

26-01-2019, 12:45 AM
John Collins. A clown of a man constantly idolised by people who have no comprehension of the circumstances hibs operate in.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:47 AM
Lennon wanted us to be the best as did John Collins many years back. Sadly the Hibs Board offered no support. Same old with Petrie behind the scenes.

What a ******g shambles.

Yes, Collins and Lennon have a lot in common when managing Hibernian.

Heisenberg
26-01-2019, 12:47 AM

What a ******g shambles.

The reason he’s rumoured to have been suspended is because, once again, he’s failed to control his emotions. Lennon has been very well backed and has signed some duds. He’s also completely lost the dressing room.

tonyrougier123
26-01-2019, 12:49 AM
John Collins. A clown of a man constantly idolised by people who have no comprehension of the circumstances hibs operate in.

Did collins no win us a cup?or did I miss that?do you know john well? Or are you talking about stories youve read about him?

CapitalGreen
26-01-2019, 12:50 AM

What a ******g shambles.

Collins and Lennon had a few things in common.

1. Inherited great squads and lost the dressing room
2. Massive egos
3. Poor track record for recruitment
4. Accused of bullying and freezing out individuals

If Collins was so good why has he done nothing of note since leaving Hibs?

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:50 AM
Did collins no win us a cup?or did I miss that?do you know john well? Or are you talking about stories youve read about him?

The players hated him and he brought in a load of *****.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 12:51 AM
The reason he’s rumoured to have been suspended is because, once again, he’s failed to control his emotions. Lennon has been very well backed and has signed some duds. He’s also completely lost the dressing room.

Maybe, just maybe, he's pissed with being 2nd best and a ******g shambles in trying to recruit players.

hibbymac

What a ******g shambles.

Sauce talk :rolleyes:

The 90+2
Maybe, just maybe, he's pissed with being 2nd best and a ******g shambles.

That’s his own fault. Nobody else.

CapitalGreen
26-01-2019, 12:52 AM
Maybe, just maybe, he's pissed with being 2nd best and a ******g shambles in trying to recruit players.

He’s been manager for 30 months, if the team is a shambles a lot of the blame has to lie with him.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 12:53 AM
That’s his own fault. Nobody else.

Well time will tell won't it. Be careful for what you wish for.

CapitalGreen
26-01-2019, 12:54 AM
Well time will tell wontit. Be careful for what you wish for.

I wish for Hibs to be better than 2 wins from 14 matches.

26-01-2019, 12:54 AM

I’m a hibs fan, not a John Collins fan. I suspect John Collins is a John Collins fan as opposed to a hibs fan. I’m sure resigning the day we opened East Mains was done in good faith though 🙄

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 12:57 AM
I’m a hibs fan, not a John Collins fan. I suspect John Collins is a John Collins fan as opposed to a hibs fan. I’m sure resigning the day we opened East Mains was done in good faith though ��

Sadly this is the view of many Hibs fans. Acceptance of mediocrity. God help us.

SanFranHibs
26-01-2019, 12:58 AM
I’m a hibs fan, not a John Collins fan. I suspect John Collins is a John Collins fan as opposed to a hibs fan. I’m sure resigning the day we opened East Mains was done in good faith though 🙄

John Collins was quoted as saying he thought Arthurs Seat and the Queens Park was built as a training facilities at the behest of Eddie Turnbull and "if it was good enough for Ol' Ned it was good enough for him".

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 01:03 AM
I wish for Hibs to be better than 2 wins from 14 matches.

Your stats are wrong but hey ho. Maybe you'll end up with freefall and the Championship.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:04 AM
Your stats are wrong but hey ho. Maybe you'll end up with freefall and the Championship.

Why would that happen? I trust the board to make the right call. Chief executive hasn’t called it much wrong so far.

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2019, 01:06 AM
I wish for Hibs to be better than 2 wins from 14 matches.And 8th in the league...dropping like a stone from 2nd in 3 short months

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2019, 01:07 AM
Your stats are wrong but hey ho. Maybe you'll end up with freefall and the Championship.His stats are correct 2 league wins in last 14 matches ??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibs90
26-01-2019, 01:08 AM

2 wins from 14 league games then.

That better or if I include the cup game its 3 in 15 conpetitive games no much better is it?

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 01:09 AM
Why would that happen? I trust the board to make the right call. Chief executive hasn’t called it much wrong so far.

LD has been silent for 6 months. Things are going stale. Who knows the truth here but very significant that this has happened in the transfer window surely. Lennon has been wanting to sign a player/players and the club hasn't backed him.

Jones28
26-01-2019, 01:11 AM
LD has been silent for 6 months. Things are going stale. Who knows the truth here but very significant that this has happened in the transfer window surely. Lennon has been wanting to sign a player/players and the club hasn't backed him.

How does that explain the chronic mismanagement of the football team on the park since the shenanigans at Tynecastle?

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 01:22 AM
How does that explain the chronic mismanagement of the football team on the park since the shenanigans at Tynecastle?

I agree with you about things going pear shaped since Tynecastle. But who is to blame? Lennon, because he got upset? Or maybe there was a hint of truth about his claims about sectarian abuse, and after all the shenanigans, Hibs didn't bsck their Manager?

Jones28
26-01-2019, 01:34 AM
I agree with you about things going pear shaped since Tynecastle. But who is to blame? Lennon, because he got upset? Or maybe there was a hint of truth about his claims about sectarian abuse, and after all the shenanigans, Hibs didn't bsck their Manager?

What else was the club to do? A joint statement issued by both clubs strongly condemning the issues.

Lennon is to blame because he, ultimately as head coach, is responsible for happens when the players cross the white line. You can't legislate for injuries, I've said that all season and I think we've been very unlucky.

His handling of Kamberi has been atrocious in my view, yet it's his team he puts out there that provide nothing in the way of service.

He has been backed as per my previous post. A Scottish club is never going to pick up all its first choice signings. We will always be gazzumped by England, that's just the way of it, so some of our targets will have been missed. But overall, bringing in who he has I think showed he was backed in the summer.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 01:42 AM
What else was the club to do? A joint statement issued by both clubs strongly condemning the issues.

Lennon is to blame because he, ultimately as head coach, is responsible for happens when the players cross the white line. You can't legislate for injuries, I've said that all season and I think we've been very unlucky.

His handling of Kamberi has been atrocious in my view, yet it's his team he puts out there that provide nothing in the way of service.

He has been backed as per my previous post. A Scottish club is never going to pick up all its first choice signings. We will always be gazzumped by England, that's just the way of it, so some of our targets will have been missed. But overall, bringing in who he has I think showed he was backed in the summer.

None of us know the facts, but I have been a Hibs fan long enough to know that our Club lacks ambition. Just look at the stats and you will see the truth. I see a winner in Lennon and an acceptance of failure in the Club, mainly because Petrie is still around pulling the strings; and make no doubt about that, he is.

Jones28
26-01-2019, 01:45 AM
None of us know the facts, but I have been a Hibs fan long enough to know that our Club lacks ambition. Just look at the stats and you will see the truth. I see a winner in Lennon and an acceptance of failure in the Club, mainly because Petrie is still around pulling the strings; and make no doubt about that, he is.

He isn't. He just isn't. He is a non executive director. Dempster is in charge.

You're blinkered by hatred for a man who was responsible for getting us out of a financial quagmire with some shrewd business dealings and building a stadium and training centre to be proud of.

He made mistakes too, but no one could legislate for what happened under Butcher.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 01:51 AM
He isn't. He just isn't. He is a non executive director. Dempster is in charge.

You're blinkered by hatred for a man who was responsible for getting us out of a financial quagmire with some shrewd business dealings and building a stadium and training centre to be proud of.

He made mistakes too, but no one could legislate for what happened under Butcher.

I have no hatred for RP but he is a bean counter. He has no vision and is culpable at the SFA over the Rangers fiasco. If you think he is sitting quietly in the background at HFC you are sadly mistaken. LD has been invisible for many months.

tamig
26-01-2019, 01:53 AM
I have no hatred for RP but he is a bean counter. He has no vision and is culpable at the SFA over the Rangers fiasco. If you think he is sitting quietly in the background at HFC you are sadly mistaken. LD has been invisible for many months.
I suspect Leeann has maybe been pre-occupied with how to handle the manager.

Jones28
26-01-2019, 01:54 AM

And nobody has heard from Petrie since..?

He's not the only one at the SFA that has a say over issues like that, but they are historic now and it's no longer worth thinking about as far as I'm concerned.

A bean counter perhaps, but he cares a great deal for this club.

Captain Trips
26-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Sadly this is the view of many Hibs fans. Acceptance of mediocrity. God help us.

Accepting mediocrity would be where we are now in fact it's not as good as mediocre.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 01:57 AM

Your'e either short of brain cells or a yam.

Lennon's team selections and tactics were nothing short of crazed recently and cost us more than just a few points I'd surmise.

The board just backed signing Scott Allan on a three year deal to come in the summer.

Get lost or think before you post dimwit. Lenny had to go anyone could see that.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 01:59 AM
Accepting mediocrity would be where we are now in fact it's not as good as mediocre.

You clearly have a short memory.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 02:02 AM
At a club like Hibs you don’t get years and years to build success. A mediocre spell and a manager will be sacked, a good spell and the best players will move on or the manager will be headhunted. Any success is usually fleeting and generally achieved quite quickly. It’s not just Hibs; the same could be said of Aberdeen and Hearts, who’s trophy hauls in the last decade are comparable to ours, and countless others. At European level there was talk 2 or 3 years ago that Ajax would be back at the top table IF they could keep their side together. How did that work out?

Lennon had a decent timespan as Hibs manager, probably longer than the shelf life has been in recent years. The Hibs board have, to an outsider looking in, backed him to a realistic level. Mallan, Ambrose, Marciano, Kamberi, Milligan, Horgan etc don’t suggest we are unwilling to pay the going rate. Whether all those players have worked out is a different matter of course.

I said a few weeks ago that last season was the culmination and the peak of an era rather than the beginning of one. I don’t see that as being negative, just realistic.

Captain Trips
26-01-2019, 02:04 AM
You clearly have a short memory.

We are not mediocre this season we are less than. So how long does he dine out on last season?

NAE NOOKIE

Absolutely this and I've said it on here for years. Collins was a shocking man manager who seemed to think he had joined Real Madrid not the 4th or 5th biggest club in a league that was poorer then even than it is now. He totally failed to recognise that making silk purses out of Sows ears like Hibs is how you make your mark in management, not by greetin' about a lack of money and walking away. His utter failure to make it in management since Hibs only proves the point.

As for Neil Lennon. I disagree that the board have failed to back him, he seems to have gotten most of the players he wanted and IMO he has a squad capable of far better than he has managed this season, even with the injuries we have had. He has to take his share of the blame for strange team selections and playing folk out of position …. Wednesday being the latest example.

If NL has been emptied by the club it has sod all to do with any perceived lack of ambition on their part.

tonyrougier123

The problem tonight is some posters canny see past blaming lennon,who is overall a successful hibs manager.he wasny backed in the summer to replace a very good midfield no way!!hes been passionate about hibs,and making us better,players and managers clash part of the make up of football.im no saying lenny is infallible but we never recruited nearly well enuf.in terms of players lost who were integral.6 month loan deals and 33 year old centre mids,no good enuf,and obviously lenny isny gonny say if he got is wishlist or made do,but to me its obvious.but dinny question the board likes?!?!😕

Captain Trips
26-01-2019, 02:07 AM
The problem tonight is some posters canny see past blaming lennon,who is overall a successful hibs manager.he wasny backed in the summer to replace a very good midfield no way!!hes been passionate about hibs,and making us better,players and managers clash part of the make up of football.im no saying lenny is infallible but we never recruited nearly well enuf.in terms of players lost who were integral.6 month loan deals and 33 year old centre mids,no good enuf,and obviously lenny isny gonny say if he got is wishlist or made do,but to me its obvious.but dinny question the board likes?!?!😕

He was backed more in the summer and so far in this window than 3 or 4 clubs well above us.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 02:08 AM
At a club like Hibs you don’t get years and years to build success. A mediocre spell and a manager will be sacked, a good spell and the best players will move on or the manager will be headhunted. Any success is usually fleeting and generally achieved quite quickly. It’s not just Hibs; the same could be said of Aberdeen and Hearts, who’s trophy hauls in the last decade are comparable to ours, and countless others. At European level there was talk 2 or 3 years ago that Ajax would be back at the top table IF they could keep their side together. How did that work out?

Lennon had a decent timespan as Hibs manager, probably longer than the shelf life has been in recent years. The Hibs board have, to an outsider looking in, backed him to a realistic level. Mallan, Ambrose, Marciano, Kamberi, Milligan, Horgan etc don’t suggest we are unwilling to pay the going rate. Whether all those players have worked out is a different matter of course.

I said a few weeks ago that last season was the culmination and the peak of an era rather than the beginning of one. I don’t see that as being negative, just realistic.

Some of this is just garbage.

We were all opining that Lenny's team selections and tactics were out of balance and made no sense prior to kick offs for some months now. An ordinary run of the mill manager would have got more out of this squad than Lenny did of late. No one with sense would have pitched young Porteous back in so soon after his knee injury. Lenny simply had to go due to team set up and tactics alone never mind what else has went on behind the scenes.

Onwards and Upwards

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 02:10 AM

We were all opining that Lenny's team selections and tactics were out of balance and made no sense prior to kick offs for some months now. An ordinary run of the mill manager would have got more out of this squad than Lenny did of late. No one with sense would have pitched young Porteous back in so soon after his knee injury. Lenny simply had to go due to team set up and tactics alone never mind what else has went on behind the scenes.

Onwards and Upwards

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I’m confused, you quoted my post and described it as garbage then made no further reference to it in your reply. Which parts are garbage and what relevance does your reply have to what I said?

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:11 AM

Of course they have backed him.

She may have been silent but she’s acted accordingly today.

The manager is to blame for the shambles on the park, partly the players too. The board are an easy target. Dempster has probably wanted Lennon out earlier and that’s why she’s been quiet because we either can’t afford it or didn’t want to gamble. Lennons been backed more than any manager ever since GJP.

tonyrougier123
26-01-2019, 02:12 AM

Lennon's team selections and tactics were nothing short of crazed recently and cost us more than just a few points I'd surmise.

The board just backed signing Scott Allan on a three year deal to come in the summer.

Get lost or think before you post dimwit. Lenny had to go anyone could see that.

Mon the Cabbage!!!
In the summer!! We need players this window.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 02:12 AM

A very reasoned post, and I agree with most of that. What I'm not sure about is whether Hibs are indeed paying the going rate? We seem continually to take forever to sign players in the transfer windows. If we are living within our means then fair enough, you can't argue with that, but there is scant evidence we have spent the £3m John McGinn money for example.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 02:16 AM
In the summer!! We need players this window.

You certainly do pal. Vanacek's hopeless.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

tamig
A very reasoned post, and I agree with most of that. What I'm not sure about is whether Hibs are indeed paying the going rate? We seem continually to take forever to sign players in the transfer windows. If we are living within our means then fair enough, you can't argue with that, but there is scant evidence we have spent the £3m John McGinn money for example.

Remember, the bulk of that money has probably still to be paid. We won't have got the whole whack up front.

Callum_62

No one with sense would have pitched young Porteous back in so soon after his knee injury.

That will be a medical team decision - not Lennons.

Porto was training in Dubai about 2 weeks before he played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
26-01-2019, 02:17 AM
You certainly do pal. Vanacek's hopeless.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Can you stop with the hearts stuff please? If you suspect sometimes Ayan then report the post and we'll look into it.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 02:18 AM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Dimwit, yam, no brain cells etc. Nice and classy. I've been posting on here for decades mate. If you don't agree make your point. Don't be a keyboard assassin against your own.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 02:18 AM

I think the arguments about how long it takes us to get players in have been done to death so I’m not going to revisit them.

I would say our recruitment hasn’t been good in recent times. Long contracts for guys like Milligan and Whittaker who are both the wrong side of 30 don’t really make sense to me, even allowing for the argument you need some experience in a side. Likewise the signing of a guy like Nelom seems wasteful when he was left on the bench on Wednesday, along with Mackie, whilst a CB covered his position. Whether our recent poor recruitment is down to not parting with cash or something else is the million dollar question I suppose.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:19 AM

We didn’t get £3m for McGinn we got near enough £2m. This window I’m behind the board I’m not giving Lennon loads of money based on the last window although I’ve been accused of not knowing how windows work and come weds or Thursday we will get a few amazing players so you never know.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 02:19 AM
I’m confused, you quoted my post and described it as garbage then made no further reference to it in your reply. Which parts are garbage and what relevance does your reply have to what I said?

The parts about cycles of success garbage.

Lenny engineered a large part of it on himself with some real humdinger team selections and tactics. Even our supporters were raising concerns prior to kick offs regarding players being played out of positions and shan formations.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:20 AM
I think the arguments about how long it takes us to get players in have been done to death so I’m not going to revisit them.

I would say our recruitment hasn’t been good in recent times. Long contracts for guys like Milligan and Whittaker who are both the wrong side of 30 doesn’t really make sense to me, even allowing for the argument you need some experience in a side. Likewise the signing of a guy like Nelom seems wasteful when he was left on the bench on Wednesday, along with Mackie, whilst a CB covered his position. Whether our recent poor recruitment is down to not parting with cash or something else is the million dollar question I suppose.

PB I completely respect your views before I ask the question, do you think the recruitment team or the manager have been responsible for the majority of our signings?

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:21 AM

Lenny engineered a large part of it on himself with some real humdinger team selections and tactics. Even our supporters were raising concerns prior to kick offs regarding players being played out of positions and shan formations.

The poster you’re replying to has said exactly the same himself?!

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 02:23 AM
Dimwit, yam, no brain cells etc. Nice and classy. I've been posting on here for decades mate. If you don't agree make your point. Don't be a keyboard assassin against your own.

Well stop constantly attacking the Board when you've obviously no idea what's been going on behind the scenes. What we have seen is Lenny playing players out of position allied with shan formation set ups. An ordinary sharp focused manager would have got far more out of this squad this season yet you seek to blame the board instead.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2019, 02:24 AM

Its not about not questioning the board. He has a squad that were good enough to get results against Celtic and Sevco, proving they had it in them. His inability to get enough out of them in games against clubs in the mid to lower reaches of the league was and is the problem .. what is it, two wins in the last 15 games?

Overall NL is indeed a successful Hibs manager … but that comprises of winning a league where compared to the other teams in it he had a machine gun compared to their flintlocks and coming 4th the following season with the best midfield this club has had in over 10 years. We were never ever going to replace that midfield with the same quality and the acid test for NL was could he motivate and coach what he had left and the players he did bring in in the summer to at least compete in the top six …. so far the answer is no he couldn't.

Don't get me wrong, certain players haven't performed to the level they should be able to …. but they are allegedly good players and the last time I looked it wasn't Rod Petrie or Leanne Dempster who were coaching and managing them.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 02:25 AM

Nope I’m still confused.

My post wasn’t a defence of Lennon, nor an outright criticism. My point was that a manager has to make his mark quickly rather than expecting time to build success, at our level it’s about finding players and getting the best from them ASAP.

If anything I think you’re broadly agreeing with my point which is why I can’t understand the garbage description.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 02:28 AM
PB I completely respect your views before I ask the question, do you think the recruitment team or the manager have been responsible for the majority of our signings?

My gut instinct is the manager has been somewhat more hands on than Stubbs was. I only reference Stubbs as he’s the only other manager to have worked with the current footballing department.

That’s based on nothing more than a bit supposition on my part and a few general murmurings I’ve heard that Lennon never totally bought into the set up at Hibs (technology, analysis etc).

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:32 AM
My gut instinct is the manager has been somewhat more hands on than Stubbs was. I only reference Stubbs as he’s the only other manager to have worked with the current footballing department.

That’s based on nothing more than a bit supposition on my part and a few general murmurings I’ve heard that Lennon never totally bought into the set up at Hibs (technology, analysis etc).

Thanks mate. My feelings exactly too. Appreciated 👍

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 02:33 AM
Well stop constantly attacking the Board when you've obviously no idea what's been going on behind the scenes. What we have seen is Lenny playing players out of position allied with shan formation set ups. An ordinary sharp focused manager would have got far more out of this squad this season yet you seek to blame the board instead.

Fine. A decent point; no need to slag folk off just because you don't agree.

For many seasons regardless of the Manager, Hibs have fannyed about in the transfer window trying to sign players while other teams strengthened. Why? Is it always the Managers fault or maybe a common theme?

CMurdoch
26-01-2019, 02:34 AM

Good post. IMO NL's demise is entirely down to NL. His signings this season: Mallan, Horgan, Anyepong, Mavrias & Nelom have been very poor or non starters and his bullying of Kamberi appalling.

Northern Hibby
26-01-2019, 02:35 AM

Lennon turned the tynecastle into a brawl before a ball was kicked, speckey wound him up like cheap watch, i like us playing with a bit steele but we're not hammer throwers and thats how we played it at tynecastle, his team selections have been way off and i still think the "high tempo" training sessions have added to the lengthy injury list if we could cross lennon with stubbs I'd be happy man management good football and a wee bit steele.

tonyrougier123
Its not about not questioning the board. He has a squad that were good enough to get results against Celtic and Sevco, proving they had it in them. His inability to get enough out of them in games against clubs in the mid to lower reaches of the league was and is the problem .. what is it, two wins in the last 15 games?

Overall NL is indeed a successful Hibs manager … but that comprises of winning a league where compared to the other teams in it he had a machine gun compared to their flintlocks and coming 4th the following season with the best midfield this club has had in over 10 years. We were never ever going to replace that midfield with the same quality and the acid test for NL was could he motivate and coach what he had left and the players he did bring in in the summer to at least compete in the top six …. so far the answer is no he couldn't.

Don't get me wrong, certain players haven't performed to the level they should be able to …. but they are allegedly good players and the last time I looked it wasn't Rod Petrie or Leanne Dempster who were coaching and managing them.
We nver had that midfield all season mind,maybe more success if he had.im no sticking up for lenny and some of the decisions team wise he has made,leaving a fit gray out, slating kamberi endlessly, things like that are questionable.he tried to make something of what he was givin and at full pelt we had a team able,but with no depth.and most on here agreed that sqaud was short on numbers by the end of august.we never even like for like in terms of style attemted to replace that midfield.

Tornadoes70
Nope I’m still confused.

My post wasn’t a defence of Lennon, nor an outright criticism. My point was that a manager has to make his mark quickly rather than expecting time to build success, at our level it’s about finding players and getting the best from them ASAP.

If anything I think you’re broadly agreeing with my point which is why I can’t understand the garbage description.

Okay.

Some of us word things in different styles. I prefer to straight talk rather than beating about the bush so to speak.

Fair dos mate we're all hurting at what's happened.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:37 AM
Fine. A decent point; no need to slag folk off just because you don't agree.

For many seasons regardless of the Manager, Hibs have fannyed about in the transfer window trying to sign players while other teams strengthened. Why? Is it always the Managers fault or maybe a common theme?

This whole month prominent posters on this board have stated the manager will be waiting until the end of the month to sign players as that’s when the best ones become available and the manager knows best, was giving the media mind games and he knows how transfer window work and others concerned don’t have a clue or are undercover Jambos (this biggest joke ever written). Now all of a sudden it’s tbe boards pojnt for penny pinching?

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 02:38 AM
Lennon turned the tynecastle into a brawl before a ball was kicked, speckey wound him up like cheap watch, i like us playing with a bit steele but we're not hammer throwers and thats how we played it at tynecastle, his team selections have been way off and i still think the "high tempo" training sessions have added to the lengthy injury list if we could cross lennon with stubbs I'd be happy man management good football and a wee bit steele.

Yup, good shout.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:41 AM
We nver had that midfield all season mind,maybe more success if he had.im no sticking up for lenny and some of the decisions team wise he has made,leaving a fit gray out, slating kamberi endlessly, things like that are questionable.he tried to make something of what he was givin and at full pelt we had a team able,but with no depth.and most on here agreed that sqaud was short on numbers by the end of august.we never even like for like in terms of style attemted to replace that midfield.

Horgan
Mallan
Hyndman
Aygeyong
New boy from Genoa
Milligan

Yep. Totally no midfielders this season.

Northern Hibby
26-01-2019, 02:45 AM
Horgan
Mallan
Hyndman
Aygeyong
New boy from Genoa
Milligan

Big difference between having midfielders and having a midfield!

tonyrougier123
26-01-2019, 02:46 AM
This whole month prominent posters on this board have stated the manager will be waiting until the end of the month to sign players as that’s when the best ones become available and the manager knows best, was giving the media mind games and he knows how transfer window work and others concerned don’t have a clue or are undercover Jambos (this biggest joke ever written). Now all of a sudden it’s tbe boards pojnt for penny pinching?

You really canny stand differing opinions eh?I dont know if your reffering to me as a jambo for having a go at the board or not.but hardly fair if so.just because someone doesny agree with you doesny make them clueless btw 👍

CMurdoch
26-01-2019, 02:47 AM
Horgan
Mallan
Hyndman
Aygeyong
New boy from Genoa
Milligan

Gauld

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:47 AM
Big difference between having midfielders and having a midfield!

True. You can’t say the manager hasn’t been backed though. He brought them all in and ones the Australian Captain we waited until September to sign two of them cost over £100k each also. That’s ambitious our standard.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:48 AM
Gauld

How could I forget our new right winger 😉 that’s another. How is that all lacking ambition?

tonyrougier123
26-01-2019, 02:51 AM
How could I forget our new right winger 😉 that’s another. How is that all lacking ambition?

You must be a jambo or clueless 😉.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 02:57 AM

Continually buzzing around saying stuff no true hibby would contemplate stating especially at this time. At least we didn't get beat from Dundee at home last week.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 02:58 AM

Put me down as clueless then Tony son 👍

tonyrougier123
26-01-2019, 03:01 AM
Put me down as clueless then Tony son 👍

Me aswell buddy good shout 😂👍👍.I think we can all agree its frustrating whoever we blame.

tonyrougier123
26-01-2019, 03:02 AM
Continually buzzing around saying stuff no true hibby would contemplate stating especially at this time. At least we didn't get beat from Dundee at home last week.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Whats this about?? Youve lost me here bud??

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 03:03 AM
Me aswell buddy good shout 😂👍👍.I think we can all agree its frustrating whoever we blame.

Queen Ann for the leaky roof or Levein for signing huddys?

Genuinely curious.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

tonyrougier123
26-01-2019, 03:09 AM
Queen Ann for the leaky roof or Levein for signing huddys?

Genuinely curious.

Mon the Cabbage!!!
What you gabberin aboot omg??

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 03:19 AM

Aye ok.

Been a hi bee for over 40 years. You're reeking of yammishness and you've the nerve to shout about 'gabberin aboot'.

Away you go back to yamback just as you were launched from here just a short while ago.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

tamig
26-01-2019, 03:23 AM

Some of your posts tonight reek of mischief making. Highly suspicious. It’s quite amusing though.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2019, 03:53 AM

In Mallan he probably thought he had a player who could hold a ball like McGeouch and pass it like McGinn. But what you cant buy for the money we have is a player who can hold the ball like McGinn, pass the ball like McGinn and fight for and win the ball like McGinn …. for that you in effect need two players. What that left him having to do was adapt that midfield so it could be just as effective or close to it with what he 'did' have … and he hasn't.

Lee Marvin
26-01-2019, 07:35 AM

What a ******g shambles.

Your last sentence referring to your post, aye?

HibeeHibernian4
26-01-2019, 07:43 AM

What a ******g shambles.

Ambition of what, relegating us? Because that’s the only place we were heading on the kind of run we were on under Lennon.

marinello59
26-01-2019, 07:56 AM

Winner? He has been far from that this season. His tactics and team selections have been woeful. His behaviour towards the players from the dug in recent games has been hard to distinguish from the way Butcher and Malpas managed things during a game. How many times have we lost or drawn matches this season against teams that had less talented players than us in almost every position? If the club really is lacking in ambition then surely they would take the easy way out and stick with a high profile manager who is failing.
I like Lennon and think he did a brilliant job in his first two seasons. The way he deals with the crap he gets off field only increases my respect for the man. For whatever reason though, he has been failing in his job over the past few months.

Onceinawhile
26-01-2019, 07:58 AM
Not sure how a lack of ambition leads to playing a centre back at left back, when you have two left backs on the bench tbh.

Gettin' Auld
26-01-2019, 07:58 AM

What a ******g shambles.

Showing ambition is welcomed and doesn't get you suspended, then possibly sacked.

Didn't Lennon accuse the Celtic board of not supporting him when he left that club too?

As far as i'm aware, Lennon has been supported by the board.

bigwheel
26-01-2019, 08:02 AM
It would be worrying to me if Lennon does suggest that the board wouldn’t back his ambition. Yes, there can be lots of criticism of his managerial performance this season , I understand that. Yet, if this is the case that would be at least two managers who have left feeling the board wouldn’t match their ambition for the club.

I can’t recall any other top Scottish club having two managers leave citing this ..

This is obviously a complex situation. But the op may have hit in one of the factors

MSK
26-01-2019, 08:05 AM

What a ******g shambles.From May last year, Lennon quote - Speaking ahead of Sunday’s clash with Rangers, Lennon insisted that would not be the case. Instead, he expressed regret that his words caused the board to come under scrutiny from fans and the national media.

He told BT Sport: “I don’t think anyone should question my commitment. I was disappointed that we didn’t make the target that I set. I’ve fell maybe a little bit short in where I wanted the club to be this season.

“I think my comments have put unnecessary scrutiny and analysis on the board and that’s not fair. There’s no split or animosity or anything like that. I’ve had great backing from the board all season. I’m sure I’ll continue to do so.

“They actually provided extra funds for me in January to find players but I chose not to use it.

“There’s a theory going around that I’m going to make demands for this, that and the other. I’ve never done that in my managerial career and I don’t intend to do so now.”

But you are saying the board are not backing him ?

HibeeHibernian4
26-01-2019, 08:07 AM

What a ******g shambles.

Funny you should mention John Collins, because he was also a complete shambles in the transfer market and inherited a talented squad from a superior manager just like Lennon did.

Jones28
26-01-2019, 08:46 AM

Lennon is the one that establishes the requirements and the recruitment team identify the targets! That's how it works. We paid three players transfer fees and guys like Whittaker and Milligan didn't come here for peanuts.

This squad was playing sublime football and were at the top end of the league early in the season. We get ravaged by an exceptional number of injuries - I've never in my time watching Hibs been able to assemble a full team from the injury list - and things wobble but something in the team has changed. Lennons man management has been shocking with Kamberi, who was lamabasted 2 or 3 times in public so **** knows what's happened in private.

2 wins in 14, losing to hearts, draws against Dundee and st mirren, nah. Something hasn't been right behind the scenes for a while.

James Stephen
26-01-2019, 08:52 AM

What a ******g shambles.

He slagged off, alienated, and sucked the confidence out of his whole squad. Its a cardinal sin of management, one that few, if any top managers ever use, and even if they do they do it very occasionally to provoke a reaction. This was heading in the same direction as Butcher.

He may he ambitious, but his man management skills were deserting him.

He has left because of that, not because of 'lack of ambition' by the club.

People saying otherwise are simply pushing their own agenda and making tenuous connections imo.

Ritchie
26-01-2019, 08:53 AM
Collins and Lennon had a few things in common.

1. Inherited great squads and lost the dressing room
2. Massive egos
3. Poor track record for recruitment
4. Accused of bullying and freezing out individuals

If Collins was so good why has he done nothing of note since leaving Hibs?

Well said that man!

Scotty Leither
26-01-2019, 08:57 AM
Remember, the bulk of that money has probably still to be paid. We won't have got the whole whack up front.

Nor will we pay any incoming transfer up front, it's generally the way the market works.

We take an absolute eternity to sign a player, everything is so protracted is it any wonder players/agents get fed up and go elsewhere?

Peevemor
26-01-2019, 08:59 AM
The accounts show that Hibs pay what we can. For the past 2-3 years the club has been swinging between profits and losses of around £200k, ie. globally breaking even .

Any manager accepting the job does so knowing the approximate budget he'll have. If they can't work to it then that's hardly the board's fault .

Bostonhibby
26-01-2019, 09:02 AM
He slagged off, alienated, and sucked the confidence out of his whole squad. Its a cardinal sin of management, one that few, if any top managers ever use, and even if they do they do it very occasionally to provoke a reaction. This was heading in the same direction as Butcher.

People saying otherwise are simply pushing their own agenda and making tenuous connections imo.Think you could be right.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Neil Lennon era but the table and overall quality of signings plus the baffling tactics of late suggests a change isn't a bad thing regardless. Timing is crap but we rarely do things the easy way.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 10:47 AM
The accounts show that Hibs pay what we can. For the past 2-3 years the club has been swinging between profits and losses of around £200k, ie. globally breaking even .

Any manager accepting the job does so knowing the approximate budget he'll have. If they can't work to it then that's hardly the board's fault .

Time will tell, dont have any feel good factor left with my club. Back to same old.

Greenworld
26-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Maybe leeanne has left as well so no one in the building

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Maybe leeanne has left as well so no one in the building

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Naw the lights are still on.

DaveF
26-01-2019, 11:27 AM
From May last year, Lennon quote - Speaking ahead of Sunday’s clash with Rangers, Lennon insisted that would not be the case. Instead, he expressed regret that his words caused the board to come under scrutiny from fans and the national media.

He told BT Sport: “I don’t think anyone should question my commitment. I was disappointed that we didn’t make the target that I set. I’ve fell maybe a little bit short in where I wanted the club to be this season.

“I think my comments have put unnecessary scrutiny and analysis on the board and that’s not fair. There’s no split or animosity or anything like that. I’ve had great backing from the board all season. I’m sure I’ll continue to do so.

“They actually provided extra funds for me in January to find players but I chose not to use it.

“There’s a theory going around that I’m going to make demands for this, that and the other. I’ve never done that in my managerial career and I don’t intend to do so now.”

Cracking quotes in there which should (but won't) put a few people's agenda's firmly in place.

Captain Trips
26-01-2019, 11:29 AM
If NL only even got 200k of the McGinn money it was probably 200k more than a good few teams above us.

We had enough of an advantage to be where Killie are and through IMO poor line ups, poor play and injuries we are 8th.

At this juncture the only people to blame for this are NL and the players.

Aldo
26-01-2019, 12:14 PM

So we lack ambition, there is an acceptance of failure in the club and it’s Petrie’s fault!

Wow.

What do you want us to do just spend spend spend and don’t give a toss?? We don’t have unlimited finances and I think the manager has been backed!

You say Lennon is a winner?? Again define that. His man management skills leave alot to be desired and his behaviour has been unacceptable imho, especially in the constant public criticism of certain players.

His tactical ineptness and team selections have been very poor at times and his recruitment to an extent could be criticised/scrutinised.

He was the manager/coach and it was his job to manage the players he brought to the club. I think this season he has failed in the most!

As for Petrie and LD. It’s their job to ensure the safeguard and reputation of the club is upheld and at all times. Your dig about Petrie bring involved maybe true but would suggest on this occasion it maybe merited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Islington Hibs
26-01-2019, 01:57 PM

What a ******g shambles.

What a load of twaddle. The bit about potential is correct but Lennon's tenure in charge has been mixed. The budget almost certainly has been large, the players brought in have been pretty mixed and have not gelled. Lennon's regular outbursts have been concerning and while the team did play very well H2 last season the core he inheritted. I am sorry in seems to have ended this way but Lennon seems to have been losing it for a while.

The truthy is the support is very divided on Lennon and I accept many do think he was the real deal. I don't however.

judas
26-01-2019, 10:04 PM
From May last year, Lennon quote - Speaking ahead of Sunday’s clash with Rangers, Lennon insisted that would not be the case. Instead, he expressed regret that his words caused the board to come under scrutiny from fans and the national media.

I remember it well. Nothing wrong with the board. The board is the target for the intellectually challenged. It’s always the same. Moronic mobs singing sack the board as soon as a manager throws the toys out of the pram.

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Lennon was clearly disappointed at the end of the summer window.

We were all expecting something to happen with the McGinn money and it felt really flat when nothing significant transpired.

Had we secured Allan then then things could have been so so different.

Instead we mucked around and got no one of real quality in.

The He summer was the time to strengthen and we blew it big time. Momentum is now gone and it’s a huge uphill struggle.

jacomo
26-01-2019, 10:28 PM

What a ******g shambles.

When will Hibs fans stop spouting utter sh*te and actually look at the facts for once?

The two situations are not comparable. Lennon got very good support from the club. The evidence is there to see if you open your eyes.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Yesterday morning, Neil Lennon had the funds to sign good quality players in this transfer window.

He was happy to tell us that we were in the position to pay higher salaries to attract better players.

Yesterday evening he had been suspended, the exact circumstances of which, whilst widely rumoured, have not been clarified.

Does anyone really think that the Hibs board suddenly decided that afternoon that he was showing too much ambition and chose to remove him from his post?

ScottB
26-01-2019, 10:47 PM
‘Ambition’ in isolation sounds fair enough, but in reality, there are constraints.

We have a budget, for one, we are who we are, in terms of how attractive a prospect we are. Lennon, and any other manager, will be aware of these factors when they join.

So yeah, maybe Neil was frustrated we aren’t competing for the title and able to splash as much cash as he wanted. Well, tough, basically. He knew what he was signing up for, we can’t magic money out the air and, besides, Killie and Aberdeen are fighting at the sharp end on presumably much less, and comparable, budgets to us.

It sounds like a cop out to me, frankly - ‘Oh they aren’t matching my ambition’ rings pretty hollow when he’s currently got us behind a bunch of clubs spending less or similar amounts than he’s had. If he wanted a job with more cash to spend, he never should have came to us.

silverhibee
26-01-2019, 11:07 PM

Was Butcher saving his budget for the summer.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 11:18 PM
When will Hibs fans stop spouting utter sh*te and actually look at the facts for once?

The two situations are not comparable. Lennon got very good support from the club. The evidence is there to see if you open your eyes.

It's not ***** jaco. It's a point of view. You have yours which I don't agree with, but you're a fellow Hibby and I respect it. I wouldn't slag you off because I disagree.

You say Lennon had 'very good support' from the Club. That's a very subjective view and only those 'in the know' will be fully aware if that's true. What we do know is that Hibs took in ~£3-£4m in transfer fees last Summer (and even if it's in instalments, that's accrued cash in the Bank) and we lost 3 pivotal players. We spent £1m and surprise surprise, we have been severely weakened on the pitch, and this is at a time that supporters have backed the team significantly in the form of home attendances. Now whether the lack of investment in the team last Summer is due to Hibs penny pinching or Lennon deciding not to spend the money, again we can speculate, but one thing's for sure, as a Club we don't half f@nny around every transfer window trying to get players in, and when they eventually do come in, they typically end up being poor. Why is that? I'll have a wild guess and say it's maybe because we continually try and get players in on the cheap, in favour of having money in the Bank.

While nobody wants the Club to spend money recklessly, I feel that the balance is too much on the side of caution, or in other words a lack of ambition, hence my post.

Captain Trips
26-01-2019, 11:19 PM
If we were 4th or 5th just now then NL would perhaps indeed require more funds to push on but I would say with some certainty we have bigger budget and wages than Livi, St Johnstone and Killie. So therefore he cant even get us above them this season with a bigger budget so that is not an acceptable excuse.

Budget/ambition would be valid if we were 3rd,4th or 5th and trying to push on from there but we are 8th he needs to explain why with a bigger budget than some teams above us we are not at the races.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 11:35 PM
If we were 4th or 5th just now then NL would perhaps indeed require more funds to push on but I would say with some certainty we have bigger budget and wages than Livi, St Johnstone and Killie. So therefore he cant even get us above them this season with a bigger budget so that is not an acceptable excuse.

Budget/ambition would be valid if we were 3rd,4th or 5th and trying to push on from there but we are 8th he needs to explain why with a bigger budget than some teams above us we are not at the races.

A good point. Injuries are part of the reason why we have not competed with both these Clubs for sure. The Killie situation is abnormal though, as they are also up there competing with Rangers and Celtic 2/3 of the way through the season despite having 1/10 of their budget.

Paisley Hibby
27-01-2019, 12:01 AM

What a ******g shambles.

Aw man. I don't understand why folk keep spouting this rubbish. There are other managers in Scotland who don't get anything like the financial backing Neil Lennon's had eg Steve Clark and Tommy Wright - and how are their teams getting on?

HappyAsHellas
27-01-2019, 12:07 AM
I fail to see how anyone can blame the board, or even hilariously say that they lack ambition. Everyone involved with the club, be it supporters, managers, players or directors will all want to win. Our manager was backed in the summer although some of his choices are deserving of closer scrutiny. A few days ago he was talking about us bringing in another couple of players before the window ends with no grumbling noises whatsoever about backing or budgets. Now he's finally lost the plot and spat out the dummy all his supporters are blaming the board for his shortcomings. It beggars belief, and I can't understand why people can't just look at a situation with a bit of reflection and see where the problems first manifested themselves. Surprise surprise, it's a result based business and when things aren't going well our manager chooses not to speak to the media at the specific point us fans want to hear something. But yeah, you're right, let's just blame the board and get the pitchforks out. Since tynie last season his actions have sadly regressed and now we are where we are. Ultimately in football it lands at the managers door but it looks increasingly like Lennon has been guilty of bringing it on himself.

The Harp Awakes
27-01-2019, 12:43 AM
Aw man. I don't understand why folk keep spouting this rubbish. There are other managers in Scotland who don't get anything like the financial backing Neil Lennon's had eg Steve Clark and Tommy Wright - and how are their teams getting on?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/inside-explosive-neil-lennon-row-13911981

'And this summer, after losing star players like John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch, Scott Allan and Efe Ambrose, Lennon has become increasingly frustrated at the board’s lack of ambition.

He was left exasperated by some of their efforts in both transfer windows to find him adequate replacements.

We understand that when Hibs and Celtic were trying to negotiate a deal for McGinn, he was keen to sign Parkhead playmaker Ryan Christie – only to see it fall through with McGinn signing for Aston Villa instead.'

It's ok though, it's the DR. Utter p@sh.

Jones28
27-01-2019, 01:20 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/inside-explosive-neil-lennon-row-13911981

'And this summer, after losing star players like John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch, Scott Allan and Efe Ambrose, Lennon has become increasingly frustrated at the board’s lack of ambition.

He was left exasperated by some of their efforts in both transfer windows to find him adequate replacements.

We understand that when Hibs and Celtic were trying to negotiate a deal for McGinn, he was keen to sign Parkhead playmaker Ryan Christie – only to see it fall through with McGinn signing for Aston Villa instead.'

No direct quotes from the manager then?

Another post has direct quotes from Lennon delighted and talking up about the way he has been backed by the board.

Hibeesmad
27-01-2019, 02:12 AM
It would be worrying to me if Lennon does suggest that the board wouldn’t back his ambition. Yes, there can be lots of criticism of his managerial performance this season , I understand that. Yet, if this is the case that would be at least two managers who have left feeling the board wouldn’t match their ambition for the club.

I can’t recall any other top Scottish club having two managers leave citing this ..

This is obviously a complex situation. But the op may have hit in one of the factors

Seems like the case to me. Both managers then leaving due to players going to the board

homehibby
27-01-2019, 02:25 AM

People saying otherwise are simply pushing their own agenda and making tenuous connections imo.

Totally agree. I really like the guy but over the last few months it was so obvious that the confidence was being sucked out the team by his constant ranting and public criticism.

jacomo
27-01-2019, 09:05 AM
It's not ***** jaco. It's a point of view. You have yours which I don't agree with, but you're a fellow Hibby and I respect it. I wouldn't slag you off because I disagree.

You say Lennon had 'very good support' from the Club. That's a very subjective view and only those 'in the know' will be fully aware if that's true. What we do know is that Hibs took in ~£3-£4m in transfer fees last Summer (and even if it's in instalments, that's accrued cash in the Bank) and we lost 3 pivotal players. We spent £1m and surprise surprise, we have been severely weakened on the pitch, and this is at a time that supporters have backed the team significantly in the form of home attendances. Now whether the lack of investment in the team last Summer is due to Hibs penny pinching or Lennon deciding not to spend the money, again we can speculate, but one thing's for sure, as a Club we don't half f@nny around every transfer window trying to get players in, and when they eventually do come in, they typically end up being poor. Why is that? I'll have a wild guess and say it's maybe because we continually try and get players in on the cheap, in favour of having money in the Bank.

While nobody wants the Club to spend money recklessly, I feel that the balance is too much on the side of caution, or in other words a lack of ambition, hence my post.

Your post said it’s the same old Board who have offered the manager no support.

That is total rubbish.

You are free to have opinions but not free for opinions completely devoid of any basis in fact to go unchallenged.

jacomo
27-01-2019, 09:15 AM

It is the DR, it is utter pish and it depresses me that a Hibs fan like you jumps on this rather than the actual evidence.

Does the DR have quotes from Lennon backing up their assertion about a lack of ambition? No.

Did Lennon say that the Board had backed him? Yes, many times.

Does LD lack ambition? No. She expressly set out the aim for this season and seasons ahead and most of us were on board with it.

As others have said on here, expect to hear from John Hartson in the coming days, sticking up for his mate and asking where the money is. But he is a useful idiot.

Lennon had the backing to build a good squad. He has built an expensive squad (and was paid well himself) but we have underperformed.

Who owns that?

ArmadaleHibs
27-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Regardless of what any journalist or news paper or ex pundit has to add to the mix of what’s already been rumoured, we are a mess. The cracks have been showing for months. NL has not been axed because the board lacked ambition, absolute crap if you think that. NL has been the highest paid manager in our history (ambition by the board) NL wanted Flo and the board got him, wanted Jamie MAC and the board got him, wanted Mallan and got him, wanted Efe and got him, wanted Milligan and got him. The list goes on. There has been no lack of ambition.

Mcginn left because he was simply too big for the club, and we’ve got good money for him. McGeouch did not want to sign a new contract despite being offered improved terms as he new that he could get more dosh down south. It’s Dylan that lacked proper ambition by moving to a club in the lower divisions of England with no chance of winning anything other than the Check A Trade cup or whatever it’s called. It was a money decision. Scott Allan was never going to be allowed to come here after the Mcginn to Celtic fall out. All of these things are and we’re outside the clubs control.

NL has at times this season acted like a petulant child. Touch line bans, embarrassing behaviour during live TV games, destroying players at press conferences and utterly mind boggling team decisions. He’s threatened the club on two or three occasions that he’s going to quit.

Take away the rumours of any kind and look at what we have seen for our selves as fans. Tell me hand on heart it’s not been bad. Good players don’t turn into poor players over night. If there’s the smallest shadow of truth in ANY ONE of the rumours then he has to go. This is not the club lacking ambition, it’s the total opposite

GGTTH

Fergos
27-01-2019, 10:21 AM
NL signed 32 players in his 2 and a half years here. If you look at the list at least half, minimum, have not been good enough, haven’t performed or had hardly any game time.

To say he hasn’t been backed just isn’t the case. But no doubt this is how it will be spun via the Glasgow based media.

Im backing Hibernian, my team is the priority here.

GGTTH.

ArmadaleHibs
27-01-2019, 10:22 AM
NL signed 32 players in his 2 and a half years here. If you look at the list at least half, minimum, have not been good enough, haven’t performed or had hardly any game time.

To say he hasn’t been backed just isn’t the case. But no doubt this is how it will be spun via the Glasgow based media.

Im backing Hibernian, my team is the priority here.

GGTTH.

Agreed

euro Hibby
27-01-2019, 10:24 AM
Good post above to highlight the opposite ! Hibs are ambitious but it has not just worked out . Let us not forget also that the players regulary beat themselves up in the press or on video as they also know they have been poor at times.