PDA

View Full Version : Ambition!

tonyrougier123
25-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Surely the board have none! Clearly didnt sign enough players in the summer,weve had better windows when we were ment to be skint,I also see we are back to the smoke and mirror stuff,where petrie kidds on hes spent money by selling us the we signed full "internationals"crap.not good enough hibs,felt like we were growing the last few years now its back to the nonsense and silence of a board that is stringing us along as the tils ring up with our hard earned!!

SRHibs
25-01-2019, 11:10 PM
?

CMurdoch
25-01-2019, 11:11 PM
?

scotia44
25-01-2019, 11:11 PM
Surely the board have none! Clearly didnt sign enough players in the summer,weve had better windows when we were ment to be skint,I also see we are back to the smoke and mirror stuff,where petrie kids on hes spent money

Bollocks the board have backed him the recruitment has been good it's the formations and tactics to blame

FitbaFolkKen
25-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Surely the board have none! Clearly didnt sign enough players in the summer,weve had better windows when we were ment to be skint,I also see we are back to the smoke and mirror stuff,where petrie kids on hes spent money

Yes another excuse to bash Petrie, can't wait! Can't believe he forced all these international players on Lennon, played them out of position and benched and slagged them off in the media.... bloody Petrie!

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 11:14 PM
Mallan Kamberi and Horgan all cost fees. We’ve just got Allan back on a 3.5 year deal and got Gauld on loan, a keeper from Liverpool and offered Efe a great wage. How on Earth is it the boards fault?

matty_f
25-01-2019, 11:15 PM
Mallan Kamberi and Horgan all cost fees. We’ve just got Allan back on a 3.5 year deal and got Gauld on loan, a keeper from Liverpool and offered Efe a great wage. How on Earth is it the boards fault?

Correct.

tonyrougier123
25-01-2019, 11:15 PM
Yes another excuse to bash Petrie, can't wait! Can't believe he forced all these international players on Lennon, played them out of position and benched and slagged them off in the media.... bloody Petrie!
Cmon its the same stuff over and over,u gonny keep falling for it?should have been oot years ago.

Vault Boy
25-01-2019, 11:17 PM
This phrase keeps being used without any kind of thought, evidence or sense.

Dempster and Co. Took a club that was just relegated, won its first Scottish Cup in 114 years, reaching another final on the way, before leading us to promotion and subsequently into the Europa League, twice.

To say they lack ambition is absolute nonsense, a perfect example of fans speaking without reason.

tonyrougier123
25-01-2019, 11:17 PM

Did we offer efe a great wage though?clearly if your ambitious u keep players like efe.weve none as thread suggests

25-01-2019, 11:20 PM
Did we offer efe a great wage though?clearly if your ambitious u keep players like efe.weve none as thread suggests

Do you actually know anything or just trying to stir up pish about Petrie? Is four in hand busy tonight btw?!

Jones28
25-01-2019, 11:26 PM

Ffs mate go to bed. Efe was offered a deal that, as far as we are all aware, was exceptionally good for what the club can afford.

tonyrougier123
25-01-2019, 11:28 PM
Do you actually know anything or just trying to stir up pish about Petrie? Is four in hand busy tonight btw?!

Im no stirring up petrie stories geez a break,im sharing my opinion on events from the summer til now.nae need for the snarky stuff btw!u dinny agree fair enuf.lets hear your take on it then??

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 11:29 PM

Agree mate we should have offered the £10k he will get somewhere else just to show ambition. Efe was Lennons greatest coup and I give him a lot of credit for convincing him to come to us both on loan and the permanently.

cabbageandribs1875
25-01-2019, 11:32 PM
i smell alcohol

DarlingtonHibee
25-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Agree mate we should have offered the £10k he will get somewhere else jus£10k t to show ambition. Efe was Lennons greatest coup and I give him a lot of credit for convincing him to come to us both on loan and the permanently.
£10k a week, are you joking....

He will get it elsewhere not at hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
25-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Agree mate we should have offered the £10k he will get somewhere else just to show ambition. Efe was Lennons greatest coup and I give him a lot of credit for convincing him to come to us both on loan and the permanently.

yep lets give one player half a million/year.... :faf: aw man heard it all now

DarlingtonHibee
25-01-2019, 11:37 PM

This..

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 11:38 PM
Calm down chaps you missed the sarcasm.

Jones28
25-01-2019, 11:38 PM

Smilies man, smilies!

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 11:39 PM

I was joking. I already said we offered him a great wage, best to our budget.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 11:39 PM
Smilies man, smilies!

Ken, I was replying to the reply to my original post if offering him a great deal though.

tonyrougier123
25-01-2019, 11:44 PM

Who said he wanted 10k?? I never suggested he wanted that!im no doubting good players want good wages ,but good teams need good players.we get sold the "we offered him the very best we could" story.

Vault Boy
25-01-2019, 11:48 PM
Who said he wanted 10k?? I never suggested he wanted that!im no doubting good players want good wages ,but good teams need good players.we get sold the "we offered him the very best we could" story.

Efe cancelled his contract. There is absolutely nothing the club can do about that, other than what they did do, which was offer him new and improved terms.

The ambition shown by the club to secure Efe in the first place seems to be lost on your argument.

I wouldn't call Man United unambitious for selling Ronaldo, or Barca for selling Neymar.

A club can't force a player to stay.

FitbaFolkKen
25-01-2019, 11:57 PM
Cmon its the same stuff over and over,u gonny keep falling for it?should have been oot years ago.

Quite happily have more cups

The Harp Awakes
25-01-2019, 11:59 PM
Bollocks the board have backed him the recruitment has been good it's the formations and tactics to blame

How do you know they backed him?

DarlingtonHibee
25-01-2019, 11:59 PM
I was joking. I already said we offered him a great wage, best to our budget.

Yeah, agreed you are a joke.

CMurdoch
26-01-2019, 12:03 AM

They did.

Jones28
26-01-2019, 12:04 AM

Fees paid for Mallan, Horgan and Kamberi. Signed two Australian internationalists. Signed two loanees, one from Man City, the other is a Liverpool player who is keeping our number one - the Israeli second - on the bench. Scott Allan signed on a three year deal. Ryan Gauld signed on loan. Efe offered a bumper contract to stay, and even signing him on a permenant deal in the first place.

All since the summer.

Anything else?

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Yeah, agreed you are a joke.

Ooft. Love you too big boy xx

Jones28
26-01-2019, 12:06 AM

Deleted post, this place is confusing enough tonight

tonyrougier123
Quite happily have more cups

Id happily have more cups 👍 id even like to see us challenge for the title!but your no allowed to be an ambitious supporter it seems.just settle for mediocrity and credit cup wins and titles to the board.no egotistical ambitious managers right enuf.stubbs,lennon,collins all successful managers.all slated tonight.some doing that lads.👍

The 90+2
Deleted post, this place is confusing enough tonight

Sorry mate, get your point 👍

CMurdoch
26-01-2019, 12:08 AM

Kamberi, MacLaren, Mallan, Horgan, Anyepong, Milligan, Bogdan, Gauld, Allan, Nelom, Mavrias, Omeonga.
That is hell of a backing for a Hibs manager

DavieRoy
26-01-2019, 12:09 AM
Glass ceiling??!!!!

rotherhamrob
26-01-2019, 12:10 AM

🤣🤣🤣 Whoosh

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2019, 12:16 AM
Kamberi, MacLaren, Mallan, Horgan, Anyepong, Milligan, Bogdan, Gauld, Allan, Nelom, Mavrias, Omeonga.

Names. What fees compared to what we took in on transfer fees? From LD directly 3 months ago, she said close season we spent £1m. I think we took in ~£4m, plus and we lost 3 top midfielders. Is that backing the Manager?

Jones28
26-01-2019, 12:20 AM
Names. What fees compared to what we took in on transfer fees? From LD directly 3 months ago, she said close season we spent £1m. I think we took in ~£4m, plus and we lost 3 top midfielders. Is that backing the Manager?

We didn't take take £4m in transfer fees straight away did we?!

If the rumours about McGinn are true we got something like £3m, but this, like most other transfer fees, is in instalments. They aren't cash transactions.

tonyrougier123
26-01-2019, 12:37 AM

Too many short term patchwork signings,allan isny here yet either.when you lose key players you need to find new ones,that,to me anyway seems to be lost on ppl at board room level.your no backing a manager to get his own team in when you pack it full of loans and journeymen,who unbelievably got a cap at some point.we could have lost mcginn for nowt,the least we could have done was reinvested it in players like when we took that risk of bringing john in originally,a well executed bit of business.not replicated enough.mallan would be in that bracket kamberi also with horgan.mcginn was exceptional in talent hard to replicate players like that,but the process in getting him here im getting at.loans are fine if complimenting your sqaud,but I dont think you can rely on theese types of signings to be the nucleus of your team.

tamig
26-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Too many short term patchwork signings,allan isny here yet either.when you lose key players you need to find new ones,that,to me anyway seems to be lost on ppl at board room level.your no backing a manager to get his own team in when you pack it full of loans and journeymen,who unbelievably got a cap at some point.we could have lost mcginn for nowt,the least we could have done was reinvested it in players like when we took that risk of bringing john in originally,a well executed bit of business.not replicated enough.mallan would be in that bracket kamberi also with horgan.mcginn was exceptional in talent hard to replicate players like that,but the process in getting him here im getting at.loans are fine if complimenting your sqaud,but I dont think you can rely on theese types of signings to be the nucleus of your team.

Do you have any idea of what goes on at East Mains and the set up down there? You're pointing the finger at the board. The board have made plenty money available but it's not a bottomless pit. We can only spend what's available and it's up to the manager to juggle the budget. There's a whole raft of folk working for him to try and get him what he's looking for. But just slag the board off anyway bud :aok:

CMurdoch
26-01-2019, 01:09 AM

We will receive the McGinn money in instalments and a third of the fee was going to St Mirren which leaves £2.7m for Hibs.
Hibs spent £1m in the summer. That is major backing for Hibs to give a manager. When did a Hibs manager last get to spend that sort of money. Probably never.
The next instalment will be used for player purchases and wages over the next 18 months after which we will be back to the basics of gate money, tv money etc until we make another big fat transfer fee. When will that be?

The Hibs team of the second half of last season was one of the best i have ever seen. Absolutely brilliant and a major part of that was down to the manager and the fantastic and brave changes he made to the strike force in the January window.
However, he has not been able to build a decent new team this season despite spending a lot of money. Wednesday was a new low with the team looking a disjointed mess.

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 01:21 AM
We will receive the McGinn money in instalments and a third of the fee was going to St Mirren which leaves £2.7m for Hibs.
Hibs spent £1m in the summer. That is major backing for Hibs to give a manager. When did a Hibs manager last get to spend that sort of money. Probably never.
The next instalment will be used for player purchases and wages over the next 18 months after which we will be back to the basics of gate money, tv money etc until we make another big fat transfer fee. When will that be?

The Hibs team of the second half of last season was one of the best i have ever seen. Absolutely brilliant and a major part of that was down to the manager and the fantastic and brave changes he made to the strike force in the January window.
However, he has not been able to build a decent new team this season despite spending a lot of money. Wednesday was a new low with the team looking a disjointed mess.

Hows that £1million broken down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonyrougier123
26-01-2019, 01:22 AM
Do you have any idea of what goes on at East Mains and the set up down there? You're pointing the finger at the board. The board have made plenty money available but it's not a bottomless pit. We can only spend what's available and it's up to the manager to juggle the budget. There's a whole raft of folk working for him to try and get him what he's looking for. But just slag the board off anyway bud :aok:

Its no actually up to the manager to juggle the budget.training goes on at east mains as far as I know, performance anaylisis ,physiotherapy things like that.budget control definately isny managed from east mains bud 👍.how many managers are we gonny go theu now before the club needs a shake at the top again?or do we really need to sink first again?!

tamig
26-01-2019, 01:34 AM
Its no actually up to the manager to juggle the budget.training goes on at east mains as far as I know, performance anaylisis ,physiotherapy things like that.budget control definately isny managed from east mains bud 👍.how many managers are we gonny go theu now before the club needs a shake at the top again?or do we really need to sink first again?!
Well it is. There is a football budget. Part of that will be allocated to support areas and the rest will be for the playing budget. That's up to the manager what he ultimately does with it. Is that so hard for you to understand?

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 01:47 AM
Surely the board have none! Clearly didnt sign enough players in the summer,weve had better windows when we were ment to be skint,I also see we are back to the smoke and mirror stuff,where petrie kidds on hes spent money by selling us the we signed full "internationals"crap.not good enough hibs,felt like we were growing the last few years now its back to the nonsense and silence of a board that is stringing us along as the tils ring up with our hard earned!!

You remind me of a poster launched from here some time ago. Forever buzzing about threads ripping into negativity anything hibs. Can't remember the posters name off hand but very similar style indeed.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

GordonHFC
26-01-2019, 01:50 AM

What a load of *****.

tamig
26-01-2019, 02:13 AM
You remind me of a poster launched from here some time ago. Forever buzzing about threads ripping into negativity anything hibs. Can't remember the posters name off hand but very similar style indeed.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

They are fair buzzing about tonight.