PDA

View Full Version : Whittaker away?

Monts
25-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Have seen on Twitter that Whittaker has gone too.

Anyone confirm?

SRHibs
25-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Joining his legs?

Heisenberg
25-01-2019, 10:14 PM
Joining his legs?

Wow 😂

greenpaper55
25-01-2019, 10:14 PM
Joining his legs? Brilliant.

FitbaFolkKen
25-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Joining his legs?

TheCat confirmed on twitter, interesting one if true.

Weegreenman
25-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Have seen on Twitter that Whittaker has gone too.

Anyone confirm?

TBH I’d be delighted if it were true but what a right old mess we’re in. Lennon hasn’t exactly done too well on the man management front!

hibee_girl
25-01-2019, 10:19 PM

Must have missed him getting a job at Hibs 👀

J-C
25-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Whittaker seemed to be Lennon's teachers pet, no matter how bad he still got picked or a place on the bench, tbh if he's also gone it'll make no odds to me, decent bloke but was way past it football wise.

FitbaFolkKen
25-01-2019, 10:23 PM

Haha i was just dropping it in to see if it would take off :fishin::fishin::fishin:

J-C
25-01-2019, 10:24 PM

Any need to have a dig at someone who doesn't come on here anymore, he can't reply to the sarcy comments. Freddie has a good few contacts through agents and players, if something serious has happened then Freddie will probably have got a text about it.

hibee_girl
25-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Any need to have a dig at someone who doesn't come on here anymore, he can't reply to the sarcy comments. Freddie has a good few contacts through agents and players, if something serious has happened then Freddie will probably have got a text about it.

He’s not banned from here so he’s perfectly able to reply to anything he wants.

ForeverHibs93
25-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Joining his legs?

Quality 😂! No great loss on the footballing front in all honesty. Well past his sell by date, seemed like a decent bloke but his time at this level was done IMO. I think he was one of our more high earning players wasn’t he? With a bit of time left on the contract, wonder if we’ve paid that up or what’s happened

We’re surprisingly quiet considering how many sources seem to have ran with the story.

Hi Heid Yin
25-01-2019, 10:29 PM
If true, then I'd be delighted. Whittaker's best days are well, well behind him.
He is an honest pro and deserves respect for trying his best for us, but sadly, he has lost both his pace and his ability to impact games at SPL level.

Callyballybe
25-01-2019, 10:31 PM

Agreed. His info was usually in point. Has he left the forum though? How come if so?

BullsCloseHibs
25-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Whittaker won't be missed. Finished as a player two years ago. Would be on a decent salary too.

ForeverHibs93
25-01-2019, 10:33 PM
Agreed. His info was usually in point. Has he left the forum though? How come if so?

He doesn’t post on here anymore because of the slaughtering folk get in the rumours thread for funnily enough... posting rumours! So he said on twitter where he’s still active.

Northernhibee
25-01-2019, 10:33 PM
We need all the cover we can get just now, but also not a clue why he’s on a three year deal.

Lemonade
25-01-2019, 10:34 PM

He has not confirmed it. He said he heard and goes on to say “if true”

Still mental though .

stoneyburn hibs
25-01-2019, 10:35 PM
He doesn’t post on here anymore because of the slaughtering folk get in the rumours thread for funnily enough... posting rumours! So he said on tower where he’s still active.

I really wish people would stop trotting out this pish, simply not true.

Hibbyradge
TBH I’d be delighted if it were true but what a right old mess we’re in. Lennon hasn’t exactly done too well on the man management front!

Less players. Yaay.

Just what we need for a rip roaring finish to the season.

Anyone got a spare ticket for Tynecadtle?

allmodcons
What a brutal thread. Show the guy some respect ffs. A bit of humility wouldn't go amiss now and again.

stoneyburn hibs
25-01-2019, 10:37 PM
What a brutal thread. Show the guy some respect ffs. A bit of humility wouldn't go amiss.

It was always going to be a slaughter sadly.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 10:37 PM
He doesn’t post on here anymore because of the slaughtering folk get in the rumours thread for funnily enough... posting rumours! So he said on tower where he’s still active.

That might be what he says, but he's just saying face, I'm afraid.

BobMilne
25-01-2019, 10:39 PM

Still mental though .

What’s the cats twitter handle?

Weegreenman
25-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Less players. Yaay.

Did ye see the school boy defending against Motherwell? Calling Whittaker a player is stretching the truth a bit I’d say. Awful signing and how he gets in before Gray is beyond me.

Lemonade
25-01-2019, 10:45 PM
What’s the cats twitter handle?

Freddie Whyte

B.H.F.C
25-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Whittaker is one of the players we need to step up and hold things together this weekend. Not so much on the pitch, but off it. The most experienced player in the squad. I’d imagine he’s well respected by the rest of them.

Diclonius
25-01-2019, 10:46 PM

Still mental though .

big if true

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Whittaker was a great player for us and made us good money. It’s a shame he’s now past it but he’s a player that doesn’t deserve to be slaughtered completely.

scotia44
25-01-2019, 10:54 PM
For all we know whitty could be doing us a favour maybe he has called out lennons selections/tactics as said earlier the guy didn't deliberately play poorly but it's the supporters way to find someone to boo

J-C
25-01-2019, 10:55 PM
He’s not banned from here so he’s perfectly able to reply to anything he wants.

I know he's not banned but you also know he chooses not to come on here, why don't you go onto his twitter page and slag him off, then he could reply, you're an admin and really should know better than that.

marinello59
25-01-2019, 10:55 PM

Yet he felt free to slag off the Admin team here on Twitter despite most of us not being signed up there. We are pretty good at dealing with any claims of bullying so if he had felt that was the case he could have reported any posts he felt crossed the line.
He is still signed up here and can reply if he wants.

scotia44
25-01-2019, 10:58 PM
Did ye see the school boy defending against Motherwell? Calling Whittaker a player is stretching the truth a bit I’d say. Awful signing and how he gets in before Gray is beyond me.

Asks more questions of lennon than whittaker but you keep up the positive approach

hibee_girl
25-01-2019, 11:07 PM
I know he's not banned but you also know he chooses not to come on here, why don't you go onto his twitter page and slag him off, then he could reply, you're an admin and really should know better than that.

I am an admin which is why I haven’t said anymore.

I’m also 100% sure Freddie can fight his own battles should he want to. There’s plenty other things on here to be worried about tonight.

CMurdoch
25-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Joining his legs?

This is the correct humorous response to the OP.
Surely this is a joke/wishful thinking on the part of some folk.

FitbaFolkKen
25-01-2019, 11:16 PM

Still mental though .

He replied to one with "he's been sacked :)" maybe edited or deleted?

Lex7zero
25-01-2019, 11:19 PM
Whittaker won't be missed. Finished as a player two years ago. Would be on a decent salary too.
Spot on . Whittakeris Is a good pal of Lenny whilst he didn't like Gray. An immature manager that lost the plot and the dressing room long ago. Every time Lennon played Whittaker it told any fan with football knowledge that he had lost the plot.

25-01-2019, 11:25 PM
Whittakers career is well over anyway. Has the odd moment now and again but that isn't good enough.

He's had a good career and I thank him for his services to the club, especially in his first spell when he was part of a great crop of young players who played some truly wonderful stuff and of course brought home the first piece of silverware to ER in 16 years.

Thank you for the memories Steven but it really is time to call it a day.

wookie70
25-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Less players. Yaay.

I think we might now have the chance of another trip there this season

tamig
25-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Spot on . Whittakeris Is a good pal of Lenny whilst he didn't like Gray. An immature manager that lost the plot and the dressing room long ago. Every time Lennon played Whittaker it told any fan with football knowledge that he had lost the plot.

Was that the same in the games Whittaker played in during the good run of last season?

Mr Grieves
25-01-2019, 11:37 PM
Is It just me thinking Whittaker hasn't been the problem this season? I would rather have Gray at right back but Whittaker has been reliable even when played out of position

Daydreamer
25-01-2019, 11:43 PM

I said already on here that a senior professional player (who I am friendly with) who's name he was using on here had strong words with freddy and in no uncertain terms told him never to use his name or imply he was getting gossip from him. That player had met him once for 5 minutes at a function and had never spoke to him ever again. I can assure you he was making things up.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 11:45 PM
Is It just me thinking Whittaker hasn't been the problem this season? I would rather have Gray at right back but Whittaker has been reliable even when played out of position

He was a disaster area on Weds? Targettted all year by other teams.

Lex7zero
26-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Try watching rugby as you obviously don't understand football. One of the main reasons Lennon is going is because he continually played Whittaker ahead of Gray. If you can't see that then please go watch another sport.

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2019, 12:12 AM
I really wish people would stop trotting out this pish, simply not true.

this

Mr Grieves
26-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Try watching rugby as you obviously don't understand football. One of the main reasons Lennon is going is because he continually played Whittaker ahead of Gray. If you can't see that then please go watch another sport.

Well, I've never felt more patronised. By a clown, no less :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2019, 12:19 AM
well this has went downhill

Rumble de Thump
26-01-2019, 12:22 AM

Is this a joke? Gray has been injured. This might help: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47006672

CapitalGreen
26-01-2019, 12:23 AM
I said already on here that a senior professional player (who I am friendly with) who's name he was using on here had strong words with freddy and in no uncertain terms told him never to use his name or imply he was getting gossip from him. That player had met him once for 5 minutes at a function and had never spoke to him ever again. I can assure you he was making things up.

I’ve also heard similar from a current player (maybe the same one) and a former player too.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:24 AM
Is this a joke? Gray has been injured. This might help: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47006672

Why’s he been sitting on the bench then while playing a player ho recently had a dislocated knee cap keeping him on the pitch after the event Happened?

SRHibs
26-01-2019, 12:26 AM
Why’s he been sitting on the bench then while playing a player ho recently had a dislocated knee cap keeping him on the pitch after the event Happened?

He had to put him on the bench even while injured because Lennon only had 3 fit senior players and was using 15 academy players.

Mr Grieves
26-01-2019, 12:27 AM
He was a disaster area on Weds? Targettted all year by other teams.

Is he responsible for where we are just now?

Lex7zero
26-01-2019, 12:28 AM
For all we know whitty could be doing us a favour maybe he has called out lennons selections/tactics as said earlier the guy didn't deliberately play poorly but it's the supporters way to find someone to boo
You are having a laugh surely. Whittaker is the worst ever
We have all witnessed in a long time. I had to listen to Motherwell TV laughing at how bad he is. Whittaker was a drinking buddy with Lennon and Lennon disliked David Gray.

Welcome back Sir David Gray the lunatics have left the asylum and you can now give us a chance at top 6

Lex7zero
26-01-2019, 12:34 AM
Asks more questions of lennon than whittaker but you keep up the positive approach
Asks questions of both of them. Whittaker is an absolute embarrassment and Lennon kept picking him. For that reason alone he is welcome to go. Anyone who watched the Motherwell game knew that Lennon had lost the plot both in terms of team selection and substitutes.

Tommy Wright please

Jones28
26-01-2019, 12:42 AM
Asks questions of both of them. Whittaker is an absolute embarrassment and Lennon kept picking him. For that reason alone he is welcome to go. Anyone who watched the Motherwell game knew that Lennon had lost the plot both in terms of team selection and substitutes.

Tommy Wright please

He had a bad game on Wednesday, but he's been fairly reliable this season.

tamig
26-01-2019, 01:23 AM
Well, I've never felt more patronised. By a clown, no less :rolleyes:

:agree::greengrin

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:28 AM
Is he responsible for where we are just now?

Not individually no. The giving him a massive contract and continuous playing him is a massive part of where we are now though.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:31 AM
He had to put him on the bench even while injured because Lennon only had 3 fit senior players and was using 15 academy players.

He didn’t have to do anything. But regardless it still doesn’t explain having two left backs on the bench playing Hanlon out of position dropping Slivka and playing Porteous. If anything okay McGregor right back? Is Gray definitely injured? I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t make a miraculous recover and plays from the start on Sunday, driving us forward and we get a result. Maybe Ryan Gauld May not be on the right midfield also, you never know.

we are hibs
26-01-2019, 05:10 AM

Gray has been fit for weeks.

neil7908
26-01-2019, 05:22 AM

Gray played 45 minutes in Dubai.

green day
26-01-2019, 05:40 AM

Its not as simple as being "slaughtered for posting rumours"

He took the huff because of the Scott Allan stuff he posted at the end of the summer window.

To summarise - he came on the PM board and said that he knew for a fact that the Allan deal was nailed, but that Dempster had pulled it last minute, Scott Allan was raging at us etc. But that he wouldnt go "public" with that, that it would all come out in the media etc etc.

10 minutes later, he posted that detail on the Main Board, cue some radges abusing Dempster on Twitter etc - some pretty nasty stuff.

Me and a few others told him he was irresponsible to do that, especially when it wasnt clear what had happened or even if there was a deal about to happen.

Later still, he came on and said "actually, it wasnt Dempsters doing"..................

So, after telling the world that Dempster was "at fault", her being abused on Twitter, people telling him it was irresponsible - he took the huff and hasnt posted since.

If I read last nights stuff correctly, apparently he posted something on Twitter then deleted it..........................sounding all too familiar?

If you are genuinely ITK, then thats fine, but you need to take some responsibility - and understand there are potential consequences to your online ramblings.

ForeverHibs93
26-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Its not as simple as being "slaughtered for posting rumours"

He took the huff because of the Scott Allan stuff he posted at the end of the summer window.

To summarise - he came on the PM board and said that he knew for a fact that the Allan deal was nailed, but that Dempster had pulled it last minute, Scott Allan was raging at us etc. But that he wouldnt go "public" with that, that it would all come out in the media etc etc.

10 minutes later, he posted that detail on the Main Board, cue some radges abusing Dempster on Twitter etc - some pretty nasty stuff.

Me and a few others told him he was irresponsible to do that, especially when it wasnt clear what had happened or even if there was a deal about to happen.

Later still, he came on and said "actually, it wasnt Dempsters doing"..................

So, after telling the world that Dempster was "at fault", her being abused on Twitter, people telling him it was irresponsible - he took the huff and hasnt posted since.

If I read last nights stuff correctly, apparently he posted something on Twitter then deleted it..........................sounding all too familiar?

If you are genuinely ITK, then thats fine, but you need to take some responsibility - and understand there are potential consequences to your online ramblings.
I was only repeating what I seen on Twitter when someone asked about .net and his postings here.

I don’t know the ins and outs of this particular one but some of the stick folk get for posting roomers is ridiculous, at the end of the day they’re just rumours - some folk go in these gossip threads just to moan about the speculation. Anyway, I’m going off topic.

As I say, I’m just repeating what I seen on Twitter.

Beefster
26-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Tommy Wright please

We should go the whole hog and get Mogadon Miller back.

CapitalGreen
26-01-2019, 08:47 AM
What if he was right, that Allan was to sign, along with Ryan Christie who had also agreed to come on loan.

He confessed he had been wrong though.

BobMilne
26-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Freddie Whyte

Cheers pal. Found him

CentreLine
26-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Back on subject.
OP suggests rumours that Whittaker is gone too. Absolutely nothing else seems to have come to light so far to say it’s true. Is there any update on this at all? Let’s face it, if it is true it suggests much deeper problems in the first team pool than a change of manager will quickly fix. This has Butcer proportions written all over it.

Oh! And I miss the Cat

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 09:01 AM
What a brutal thread. Show the guy some respect ffs. A bit of humility wouldn't go amiss now and again.

Agree absolutely brutal chat

confused
26-01-2019, 09:01 AM
Past his best as a player , but knows the game , can cover a few positions in our time of need , and I don’t think he was on huge wages , maybe getting the same money for 3 yrs as he was offered for 2 yrs , just benefiting on tax etc,

BoomtownHibees
26-01-2019, 09:02 AM
He’s not been sacked or suspended

matty_f
26-01-2019, 09:03 AM
Whittaker is still far from being a bad player. He gets a ridiculous amount of undeserved stick.

B.H.F.C
26-01-2019, 09:04 AM
Might end up picking the team tomorrow.

Brightside
26-01-2019, 09:05 AM
Whitts biggest issue is Lennon playing him week in week out, and suggesting hes the only player that wants to play. He a good experienced cover player. Not a RB at top level.

Weegreenman
26-01-2019, 09:06 AM

Nae bother :aok:

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Whittaker is still far from being a bad player. He gets a ridiculous amount of undeserved stick.

Couldn't agree more technically still one of our best players.

Blaster
26-01-2019, 09:08 AM
Whitts biggest issue is Lennon playing him week in week out, and suggesting hes the only player that wants to play. He a good experienced cover player. Not a RB at top level.

Fair summary 👍