PDA

View Full Version : Lennon gone??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Smartie
28-01-2019, 11:21 AM
The most credible version of events I can piece together from all the rumours and what has been said by players, including Gray, is that the team meeting took place on Friday, Lennon has been tearing into Kamberi to the point that senior players have had to intervene and tell Lennon he was being out of order. Kamberi decides enough is enough and decides he is jacking it in before being talked out of it by his team-mates.

These senior players have brought Lennons behaviour and treatment of Kamberi to Dempster's attention and told her that Flo was ready to walk out on the club because of it and Dempster has called Lennon in to have a word with him.

During this meeting Dempster has told Lennon to sort himself out in one way or another, Lennon hasn't taken kindly to this and has said or done something at this point that is the straw that's broken the camels back in respect of Lennons disciplinary issues and he has been suspended. Dempster has decided she can't work with Lennon any more after what happened in that meeting and the board have felt its better to be rid of Lennon than to have Dempster and the players walk.

Garry Parker declines to take over the team for the weekend in support of Lennon while the other coaching staff don't feel comfortable with taking over when they don't really know why he's been suspended as the trigger has come during a private meeting between him and Dempster.

The board are currently undertaking investigatory meetings regarding the situation and will ultimately make a decision as to Lennon's position. If he is found to have acted in a way that is considered gross misconduct he will be sacked with immediate effect. If the investigatory meetings find that it wasn't gross misconduct then they will have to look at reaching a settlement with Lennon and either paying up his contract or putting him on gardening leave.

Based on nothing other than common sense and intuition I believe that you are absolutely 100% bang on the money with this summary.

hibbyfraelibby
28-01-2019, 11:21 AM
I believe you.

What I don't get however is what Garry Parker has done wrong to be suspended.

It is not unusual in the real world for soneone to be put on "no blame" precautionary suspension (aka gardening leave) to both protect them and others from accusation of interfering in a disciplinary process.

As Lennon's no2 he would have been in an exposed position and his current status has not been confirmed or denied.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2019, 11:26 AM
Alternatively the fact that he said the meeting was just line every other one might not have been meant as a good thing.

That’s the way I read it as well. Too subtle for some maybe?

Captain Trips
28-01-2019, 11:32 AM
The most credible version of events I can piece together from all the rumours and what has been said by players, including Gray, is that the team meeting took place on Friday, Lennon has been tearing into Kamberi to the point that senior players have had to intervene and tell Lennon he was being out of order. Kamberi decides enough is enough and decides he is jacking it in before being talked out of it by his team-mates.

These senior players have brought Lennons behaviour and treatment of Kamberi to Dempster's attention and told her that Flo was ready to walk out on the club because of it and Dempster has called Lennon in to have a word with him.

During this meeting Dempster has told Lennon to sort himself out in one way or another, Lennon hasn't taken kindly to this and has said or done something at this point that is the straw that's broken the camels back in respect of Lennons disciplinary issues and he has been suspended. Dempster has decided she can't work with Lennon any more after what happened in that meeting and the board have felt its better to be rid of Lennon than to have Dempster and the players walk.

Garry Parker declines to take over the team for the weekend in support of Lennon while the other coaching staff don't feel comfortable with taking over when they don't really know why he's been suspended as the trigger has come during a private meeting between him and Dempster.

The board are currently undertaking investigatory meetings regarding the situation and will ultimately make a decision as to Lennon's position. If he is found to have acted in a way that is considered gross misconduct he will be sacked with immediate effect. If the investigatory meetings find that it wasn't gross misconduct then they will have to look at reaching a settlement with Lennon and either paying up his contract or putting him on gardening leave.

i would say that sounds right but i am not sure about the players going to LD, i think what happened with FLo is pretty much right what you have said. He may have had a meeting with LD already planned about transfers or the like and he has went into that meeting perhaps not in best frame of mind after team meeting hence the reports that the players were surprised. this makes me think the "suspension" was not about the players meeting and Flo but about something else that possibly came up at a meeting later on leaving people surprised as they were not at that meeting so didnt know what happened.

Caversham Green
28-01-2019, 11:33 AM
I think the Hibs board might be in deep on this. Doubt Lennys had any formal warnings. They won’t get away with a simple pay up the contract. Massive reputational damage to Lenny and Parker could cost way more than that. May have been better and possibly cheaper bumping Kamberi and McLaren and getting 2 or 3 more of Lennys targets

The only thing the Hibs board have done is state that May and Murray would be taking the St Mirren game. They have pointedly not said he was suspended - from what they've said he could have been ill or refused to take the match for other reasons. All the news stories that are potentially damaging to Lennon appear to have originated from the man himself. Furthermore the very brief statement they made could be construed as Hibs leaving the door open for him to return to his duties but that door has been firmly closed by his cronies in the media.

You have to wonder how the media got hold of the story immediately after it happened, particularly when even the players knew nothing about it according to David Gray.

highland hibbee
28-01-2019, 11:49 AM
It's staggering to me that folk think the board blundered into this on a whim.

There is no doubt that this was the straw that broke the camel's back , even if the incident itself in isolation may have merited that suspension.

In these days of instant news folk think that because something hasn't been splattered all over the papers it doesn't exist, that is an absolute fallacy.

Since the dawn of time there have been ways of keeping some things quiet and a little bit of quid pro quo and playing the long game soon sorts most things out.

I think folks' dislike of Petrie and their thinking that we should continue to throw money (we don't have) at every situation has convinced them that the board is full of ****ing halfwits.

Nothing could be further from the truth, we have navigated our way through severe troubles effecting both the club and Scottish Football over the last 30 years and emerged in a better place than every club in Scotland bar Celtic.

Allowing your senses to be dimmed by your dislike of something doesn't harm your opponents but can certainly blind you to reality.

One concurs

California-Hibs
28-01-2019, 11:58 AM
- 2 wins in 14 games
- slating his players in the press
- some very poor signings
- strange line ups
- strange tactics
- bumming celtic
- strange subs

Strange line ups, tactics, subs, and players could be attributed to every team's manager. We weren't thinking this last season. We've had to contend with a hell of a lot of injuries this season, guys being out with Australia etc some people love to forget that.

Bumming Celtic? If by that you mean them not beating us at ER under Lennon then yes, we bummed them.

The poor signings one is funny. Fans wanted like for like replacements for McGinn, McGeough and Allan. Nope, doesnt work like that. Although early viewing looks like he has indeed got an Allan type player in Gauld (good signing).Every manager will sign the odd poor player but don't forget he also signed some top talent! Your username coincidentally was one of them!..

Hibernia&Alba
28-01-2019, 12:13 PM
I hope the stories of Lennon bullying Kamberi, to the point where other players have stepped in, aren't true. There's nothing worse than a bully, and, if that's what's happened, he has to go. I think Lennon has done an excellent job overall and I'm sad to se him go, but, if he's been bullying the laddie, that's unforgivable.

loanheadhibby
28-01-2019, 12:25 PM
I hope the stories of Lennon bullying Kamberi, to the point where other players have stepped in, aren't true. There's nothing worse than a bully, and, if that's what's happened, he has to go. I think Lennon has done an excellent job overall and I'm sad to se him go, but, if he's being bullying the laddie, that's unforgivable.

No one would ever condone bullying in any shape or form and would never belittle it.

My question for any Lennon detractors and pouring scorn on his management style is what was he meant to do to get the best out of 25 young men with various needs who are hugely under performing?

I am also assuming there will be no more booing of our players at Easter Road in case they feel like they are being bullied by the crowd. How many people on here have shouted abuse at our players and thought (or not) about the consequences?

There appear to be a lot of softies in our team.

MyJo
28-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Strange line ups, tactics, subs, and players could be attributed to every team's manager. We weren't thinking this last season. We've had to contend with a hell of a lot of injuries this season, guys being out with Australia etc some people love to forget that.

Bumming Celtic? If by that you mean them not beating us at ER under Lennon then yes, we bummed them.

The poor signings one is funny. Fans wanted like for like replacements for McGinn, McGeough and Allan. Nope, doesnt work like that. Although early viewing looks like he has indeed got an Allan type player in Gauld (good signing).Every manager will sign the odd poor player but don't forget he also signed some top talent! Your username coincidentally was one of them!..

It's easy to be a good manager when everything is going well.

When things are going against us with injuries, form and confidence is when a great manager steps up and guides the team through it. A great manager does not make the situation worse to the point that players are ready to walk out on the club and they are suspended because of their behaviour.

flash
28-01-2019, 12:30 PM
No one would ever condone bullying in any shape or form and would never belittle it.

My question for any Lennon detractors and pouring scorn on his management style is what was he meant to do to get the best out of 25 young men with various needs who are hugely under performing?

I am also assuming there will be no more booing of our players at Easter Road in case they feel like they are being bullied by the crowd. How many people on here have shouted abuse at our players and thought (or not) about the consequences?

They should "man up" I suppose.

loanheadhibby
28-01-2019, 12:33 PM
Lennon was from the get go a ticking time bomb,

The board have obviously got fed up with continually trying to defuse that bomb and let it go off and Lennon is now paying the price for his actions.

There is a lengthy rap sheet of discretions to take into consideration, regular and obnoxious drunken behaviour being just part of it.

He was a dead man walking after his Tynecastle outburst last season and it would probably have been better for all concerned if he had left then.

Like the boy that cried wolf once to often he has overplayed his hand and got called out.

ooft, that's big statement to make and prove. Hopefully Lennon solicitors don't read this board.

I'm Spartacus
28-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Anybody who thinks Lennon wouldn't be a bully needs to wake up - it's plain for all to see what he would be like to work under! Fergie would have been the biggest bully!

Lago
28-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Lennon was from the get go a ticking time bomb,

The board have obviously got fed up with continually trying to defuse that bomb and let it go off and Lennon is now paying the price for his actions.

There is a lengthy rap sheet of discretions to take into consideration, regular and obnoxious drunken behaviour being just part of it.

He was a dead man walking after his Tynecastle outburst last season and it would probably have been better for all concerned if he had left then.

Like the boy that cried wolf once to often he has overplayed his hand and got called out.
Well you seem to have more of an insight as to what has been going at E R than most & if what you say is correct then yes he deserves to go. My worry is that the club will now be wiping the sweat off their brow & deciding to go for a safe option in a manager along with bumping along, hopefully, top 6 with an occasional cup run.

MyJo
28-01-2019, 12:36 PM

Encourage and motivate them instead of shouting and demoralising them. That goes for any walk of life, not just football.

If the players aren't doing what you want them to do then drop them from the team. Don't continue to play them and publically humiliate them week in week out and blame them for us losing games.

That's exactly what got us relegated in the first place under Butcher.

Hibernia&Alba
28-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Perhaps there are, but the stories of Lennon constantly singling out Kamberi are worrying. I wasn't too bothered when he publicly criticised Kamerbi, as professional players should be big enough to accept responsibility when they aren't performing. But an occasional kick up the erse is different from bullying over a sustained period. If this rumour is true, he must be sacked.

It's only a rumour at this stage and the facts are yet to emerge, but it would be very disconcerting if true.

loanheadhibby
28-01-2019, 12:39 PM
They should "man up" I suppose.

I'm not actually sure what "Man Up" means?

I was asking the question about how does Neil Lennon handle 25 guys each with their own personalities. If players are sensitive to certain aspects of a dressing room culture, the next manager will have the exact same difficulties. Who would want the job.

CapitalGreen
Well you seem to have more of an insight as to what has been going at E R than most & if what you say is correct then yes he deserves to go. My worry is that the club will now be wiping the sweat off their brow & deciding to go for a safe option in a manager along with bumping along, hopefully, top 6 with an occasional cup run.

So the exact same as we achieved with Lennon then?

Hibeesmad
What if Lennon wins his legal case?

CapitalGreen
28-01-2019, 12:40 PM
I'm not actually sure what "Man Up" means?

I was asking the question about how does Neil Lennon handle 25 guys each with their own personalities. If players are sensitive to certain aspects of a dressing room culture, the next manager will have the exact same difficulties. Who would want the job.

Plenty managers seem able to do it without resorting to bullying.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Anybody who thinks Lennon wouldn't be a bully needs to wake up - it's plain for all to see what he would be like to work under! Fergie would have been the biggest bully!

Kicking boots at players and cutting them open 😂

Diclonius
28-01-2019, 12:42 PM

What if the underperformance was as a result of the manager constantly slating the team after every poor result to the point where they internalise it or become desensitised to it?

There's a difference between players not taking criticism from the manager and the manager constantly shouting at the team duing a poor run and expecting it to change things. I suppose the relegation under Butcher was down to the players being "soft" and not the manager telling them they were ****ing ***** after every game.

loanheadhibby
28-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Encourage and motivate them instead of shouting and demoralising them. That goes for any walk of life, not just football.

If the players aren't doing what you want them to do then drop them from the team. Don't continue to play them and publically humiliate them week in week out and blame them for us losing games.

That's exactly what got us relegated in the first place under Butcher.

So, if this is not the 1st manager to allegedly bully players, then by definition it seems to be a culture at our club (and I'd assume a lot of other professional football clubs)?

Completely agree re encourage & motivate however that does not always work for every individual.

Lago
28-01-2019, 12:47 PM
So the exact same as we achieved with Lennon then?
Europe?

loanheadhibby
28-01-2019, 12:48 PM
What if the underperformance was as a result of the manager constantly slating the team after every poor result to the point where they internalise it or become desensitised to it?

There's a difference between players not taking criticism from the manager and the manager constantly shouting at the team duing a poor run and expecting it to change things. I suppose the relegation under Butcher was down to the players being "soft" and not the manager telling them they were ****ing ***** after every game.

Nah, relegation was simply that they players were not good enough. Simple as that.

Players will try and hide behind any excuse for not performing. I am assuming you have never boo'd a poor Hibs performance? I have but will think twice now in case it causes some players to under perform next game.

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Highest league points total in our 144 year history.

As I have already told you, you are being totally disingenuous with this stat.

For a start, 38 games a season was only brought in by the SPL in the 2000/01 season.

Before this, the format was changed quite regularly, but most of the time the seasons were 30, 34 or 36 games long.

In Hibs' 144 year history, we did not play a league season in 25 of them, so let's eliminate those.

In Hibs' 144 year history, 9 seasons were played outside of the top flight. Quite a few of them amassed a bigger points total, but as Lennon's record points total was achieved in the top flight, we will disregard those seasons.

In Hibs' 144 year history, 66 of these seasons had fewer than 38 league games played, which makes it harder for higher points tallies to be achieved.

In Hibs' 144 year history, just 43 of Hibs' season have been in the top flight and have had 38 games or more in a season. Of these 39 seasons you are right in saying Lennon last season amassed the most points.

But let's not forget the introduction of two points for a win came in for the 1994/95 season. So let's have a look at some of the seasons where Hibs, often in fewer games, would have amassed more points than Lennon did (67) if three points for a win had been applied:

1924/25, 74 points (in the same number of games, 38)
1947/48, 70 points (in just 30 games, 8 fewer than Lennon had)
1949/50, 71 points (again in just 30 games, 8 fewer than Lennon had)
1950/51, 70 points (again in just 30 games, 8 fewer than Lennon had)
1973/74, 69 points (in just 34 games, 4 fewer than Lennon had)
1974/75, 69 points (again in just 34 games, 4 fewer than Lennon had)

And 1964/65 would've matched Lennon's total of 67 points.

So you can keep repeating it all you want, but it is absolutely hollow and devoid of any context outwith the past 20 years when three points for a win + 38 games has been a thing.

MyJo
28-01-2019, 12:50 PM
So, if this is not the 1st manager to allegedly bully players, then by definition it seems to be a culture at our club (and I'd assume a lot of other professional football clubs)?

Completely agree re encourage & motivate however that does not always work for every individual.

I would argue that its absolutely not the culture of the club which is why Butcher and Malpas brought us to our knees and things have went south so quickly with Lennon now.

If the club were comfortable with the way Lennon has been conducting himself it would be Kamberi that was on the way out rather than him.

CapitalGreen
28-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Europe?

Would depend on how the cup runs and league pan out. 4 of our last 6 managers have gotten us into Europe though so there is a fair chance.

jacomo
28-01-2019, 12:55 PM

What legal case?

The main issue seems to be that Lennon’s continued association with Hibs is untenable. This is now the second time this season he’s been posted missing. It would appear trust between him and the club has broken down.

The rest is just details.

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2019, 01:01 PM
You're on dangerous ground with that one.

indeed :agree:

Hibrandenburg
28-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Plenty managers seem able to do it without resorting to bullying.

Plenty of players seem to be able to cope with a rollicking from their manager without resorting to feeling bullied.

matty_f
28-01-2019, 01:07 PM

If a player is consistently underperforming then shouting at them isn't the only option.

Take them out the team, or (better still) have a look at what else you can change in the team to get the best out of them.

I don't claim to know more about football than Lennon, but I think most people would agree that Kamberi plays better with another attacker or at the very least, when balls aren't launched up towards him.

A change in system would have helped him (and by extension helped the team).

Maybe figuring out early on that the shouting isn't having an impact would have helped, and he could have given encouragement instead, or coaching, or whatever else.

The argument that shouting at them is the only way to deal with it is fundamentally flawed. It doesn't work. Short term, maybe - long term, it's proven repeatedly to fail.

AS for the fans booing, it's not great but it's a world away from getting it tight from a manager. The crowd are reactionary and generally impersonal. They love you when you're good and abuse you when you're bad.

A manager needs to be more consistent and more considered than that. A manager has to have a player's respect and trust - they don't have to like each other but if a player feels that the manager doesn't have his back, then that relationship is burst.

CapitalGreen
28-01-2019, 01:08 PM
Plenty of players seem to be able to cope with a rollicking from their manager without resorting to feeling bullied.

True, which would suggest to me it was something more than a simple run-of-the-mill rollicking.

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2019, 01:19 PM
“It’s above our head,” he added. “We just see what happens.“You are always shocked in that situation. I don’t think there is any other way to put it. The run of results has not been good. The players take full responsibility for that. There is no other way of looking at it. We were looking at ourselves thinking: ‘things need to be better’. That’s how it is in football. You need to react. We knew how important today [v St Mirren] was.

This is the part that matters, and explains the 'shocked' comment, before folk try and sensationalise it as 'LENNY'S BEEN SUSPENDED OVER NOTHING LIKESAY'.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 01:20 PM
As I have already told you, you are being totally disingenuous with this stat.

For a start, 38 games a season was only brought in by the SPL in the 2000/01 season.

Before this, the format was changed quite regularly, but most of the time the seasons were 30, 34 or 36 games long.

In Hibs' 144 year history, we did not play a league season in 25 of them, so let's eliminate those.

In Hibs' 144 year history, 9 seasons were played outside of the top flight. Quite a few of them amassed a bigger points total, but as Lennon's record points total was achieved in the top flight, we will disregard those seasons.

In Hibs' 144 year history, 66 of these seasons had fewer than 38 league games played, which makes it harder for higher points tallies to be achieved.

In Hibs' 144 year history, just 43 of Hibs' season have been in the top flight and have had 38 games or more in a season. Of these 39 seasons you are right in saying Lennon last season amassed the most points.

But let's not forget the introduction of two points for a win came in for the 1994/95 season. So let's have a look at some of the seasons where Hibs, often in fewer games, would have amassed more points than Lennon did (67) if three points for a win had been applied:

1924/25, 74 points (in the same number of games, 38)
1947/48, 70 points (in just 30 games, 8 fewer than Lennon had)
1949/50, 71 points (again in just 30 games, 8 fewer than Lennon had)
1950/51, 70 points (again in just 30 games, 8 fewer than Lennon had)
1973/74, 69 points (in just 34 games, 4 fewer than Lennon had)
1974/75, 69 points (again in just 34 games, 4 fewer than Lennon had)

And 1964/65 would've matched Lennon's total of 67 points.

So you can keep repeating it all you want, but it is absolutely hollow and devoid of any context outwith the past 20 years when three points for a win + 38 games has been a thing.

Still can’t fault it being a good achievement though

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2019, 01:21 PM

Absolutely, it was a good achievement and an absolutely out of this world second half of the season, for which Lennon is owed a lot of credit. If he had been able to replicate even half of that this season and had us 5th in the table and playing okay football right now, I would be all for keeping him. But 8th and playing awful hoofball and still trying to put all the blame on the players? Count me out.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Absolutely, it was a good achievement and an absolutely out of this world second half of the season, for which Lennon is owed a lot of credit for. If he had been able to replicate even half of that this season and had us 5th in the table and playing okay football right now, I would be all for keeping him. But 8th and playing awful hoofball and still trying to put all the blame on the players? Count me out.

That’s fair enough. Everyone is going to have their own opinions

Hibrandenburg
28-01-2019, 01:24 PM
True, which would suggest to me it was something more than a simple run-of-the-mill rollicking.

Or what really happened was somewhere inbetween both poles of speculation manifesting itself on this forum.

MyJo
28-01-2019, 01:31 PM

Good achievement yes but we ultimately finished fourth in a league where we have the fifth biggest budget.

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Good achievement yes but we ultimately finished fourth in a league where we have the fifth biggest budget.

Doesn't take away from just how good we were in that 6 months between the end of January and the start of August, in my opinion. The reason we finished 4th last season was because Lennon insisted on bringing Stokes in and we did not play well in that system. Cost us ultimately, but Lennon still deserves plaudits for turning it around in the second half of the season and bringing entertainment to Hibs at a level I don't think I've ever seen before.

Speedway
28-01-2019, 01:36 PM
Brenda saying today that it’s a shame that this has happened because ‘Neil has really galvanised Hibs’

The next quote sums up the whole issue for me:

‘The thing is that Neil really isn’t interested in being second best’

...and attacks CEOs and players when he thinks they are interested in being second best; is what he should’ve gone onto say.

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2019, 01:38 PM
Brenda saying today that it’s a shame that this has happened because ‘Neil has really galvanised Hibs’

The next quote sums up the whole issue for me:

‘The thing is that Neil really isn’t interested in being second best’

...and attacks CEOs and players when he thinks they are interested in being second best; is what he should’ve gone onto say.

Well, the thing is, Brendan, we weren't even second best. We were eighth best when Lennon was suspended.

LiviHibee
28-01-2019, 01:41 PM
I cant believe LD would suspend Lennon for shouting at Kamberi , theres got to be more to it than that . Managers have punched players and kept their jobs .
its all speculation and conspiracy theories just now . The truth will surely come out soon enough .

Whatever has happened there has potentially been a serious breach of standards in the workplace. In my experience an employee is suspended from work, on full pay, while an investigation takes place into an alleged instance of gross mis-conduct. Gross misconduct is an instance where the employer has lost trust in the employee to discharge his/her duties in a correct and proper manner.

There is a rumour circulating regarding what was said at the meeting between NL and LD, if this is in fact true, not only would this be an instance of gross misconduct but perhaps could be regarded as a hate crime.

Hibernia&Alba
28-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Whatever has happened there has potentially been a serious breach of standards in the workplace. In my experience an employee is suspended from work, on full pay, while an investigation takes place into an alleged instance of gross mis-conduct. Gross misconduct is an instance where the employer has lost trust in the employee to discharge his/her duties in a correct and proper manner.

There is a rumour circulating regarding what was said at the meeting between NL and LD, if this is in fact true, not only would this be an instance of gross misconduct but perhaps could be regarded as a hate crime.

I think we can guess what that means. Let's hope that's also a false rumour; no place for prejudice at Hibs. Whatever the truth of the matter, all of this isn't good for the image of the club.

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2019, 01:49 PM

where do we normally finish in a league with the 5th biggest budget :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2019, 01:50 PM
I believe you.

What I don't get however is what Garry Parker has done wrong to be suspended.

I think Hibs may have built a case for dismissal for Neil Lennon through written warnings and he may just have been on a final written and therefore this was the last straw(this paragraph is guesswork by me).

If Hibs now sack Lennon and Parker they may get away with NL but I'm sure Garry Parker would have a good case for unfair dismissal.

I wonder if Parker has refused to take control of the team for yesterdays game? :confused:

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 01:52 PM
I wonder if Parker has refused to take control of the team for yesterdays game? :confused:
That's probably closer to the mark - same would apply to EM and GM - if they were instructed to take charge of the team and refused they would be in breach of contract......

Stonewall
28-01-2019, 01:54 PM

The thing about what was said at this meeting is how the hell does anyone know? If Lennon said what he’s supposed to then he’s hardly going to put it in the public domaine. I find it very hard to believe that LD would make it up or again leak the contents of the meeting if she was going to go down the gross misconduct route.

There was no-one else at the meeting as far as I’m aware so either the room was bugged or someone was listening at the door or the shouting was very loud. Would be pretty easy to track down the source I would have thought.

scoopyboy
28-01-2019, 01:56 PM

That would have to be a possibility Blackpool.

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2019, 01:57 PM
The thing about what was said at this meeting is how the hell does anyone know? If Lennon said what he’s supposed to then he’s hardly going to put it in the public domaine. I find it very hard to believe that LD would make it up or again leak the contents of the meeting if she was going to go down the gross misconduct route.

There was no-one else at the meeting as far as I’m aware so either the room was bugged or someone was listening at the door or the shouting was very loud. Would be pretty easy to track down the source I would have thought.

:agree:

bigwheel
28-01-2019, 01:58 PM
That would have to be a possibility Blackpool.

Sky used some interesting words around Parker yesterday..said he is on “gardening leave”. I.e. not suspended ....

May play to that theory of “refused to take team”. And would suggest. Not coming back

MyJo
28-01-2019, 02:05 PM
where do we normally finish in a league with the 5th biggest budget :dunno:

Under Lennon we were first in the championship with the biggest budget by far in that League. 4th last season and 8th so far this season with the 5th largest budget in the premiership.

jacomo
28-01-2019, 02:12 PM
I’m disappointed there’s been no further communication from the club today. It just fuels the rumour mill and gives the impression they aren’t in control of events.

jacomo
28-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Sky used some interesting words around Parker yesterday..said he is on “gardening leave”. I.e. not suspended ....

May play to that theory of “refused to take team”. And would suggest. Not coming back

If nothing else, Garry is exceptionally loyal to his pal.

ScottB
28-01-2019, 02:13 PM
I think we can guess what that means. Let's hope that's also a false rumour; no place for prejudice at Hibs. Whatever the truth of the matter, all of this isn't good for the image of the club.

Or, on the contrary, taking a stand and sacking an employee for such behaviour, in the context of our game being riddled with hate crimes, would be a stand for what’s right.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Under Lennon we were first in the championship with the biggest budget by far in that League. 4th last season and 8th so far this season with the 5th largest budget in the premiership.

Didn’t do a bad job then

Peevemor
28-01-2019, 02:28 PM
I’m disappointed there’s been no further communication from the club today. It just fuels the rumour mill and gives the impression they aren’t in control of events.

I think we must have had them all by now.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Didn’t do a bad job then

I don’t think anyone has argued against him doing a good job. What people have said it was time for change for some regardless of what happened on Friday and definitely if what has been reported is even half true.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 02:30 PM
I don’t think anyone has argued against him doing a good job. What people have said it was time for change for some regardless of what happened on Friday and definitely if what has been reported is even half true.

I know mate was just stating he didn’t do a bad job. Will be interesting if Lennon wins the legal case.

I'm Spartacus
28-01-2019, 02:31 PM

I do not believe for one second Neil Lennon has it in him to abuse a female as is rumoured, this is just fantasy from the haters from the other side of the city.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 02:31 PM
I know mate was just stating he didn’t do a bad job. Will be interesting if Lennon wins the legal case.

Sound and that would certainly smash the cat right into the pigeons 👍

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 02:33 PM
[/B]

I do not believe for one second Neil Lennon has it in him to abuse a female as is rumoured, this is just fantasy from the haters from the other side of the city.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bolton-wanderers-boss-neil-lennon-7075826

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 02:34 PM
I doubt there will be a legal case - it's in the interest of neither parties to have this aired in public. There will be a negotiated settlement with confidentiality clauses signed and we will never know the full story.

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 02:37 PM
I doubt there will be a legal case - it's in the interest of neither parties to have this aired in public. There will be a negotiated settlement with confidentiality clauses signed and we will never know the full story.

Was just under the impression it was now in the hands of each parties representatives

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Was just under the impression it was now in the hands of each parties representatives
I would imagine it is and that they will negotiate a settlement. I just made made the point that in most cases both sides avoid public airings of internal disputes....

Hibeesmad
28-01-2019, 02:40 PM
I would imagine it is and that they will negotiate a settlement. I just made made the point that in most cases both sides avoid public airings of internal disputes....

But if Lennon feels as if he has done nothing wrong then he may have no issue with it going public

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 02:44 PM
But if Lennon feels as if he has done nothing wrong then he may have no issue with it going public
Its what he can prove that's important in a legal case, not what he thinks. Same applies to Hibs as a club.....

Ozyhibby
28-01-2019, 02:45 PM
I never understood Lennon’s criticism of Kamberri. Yes he has had some quiet games this season but it always looked to me because our midfield was so terrible this season that the balls he was getting played were making him look bad.
Every time Lennon brought up how bad Kamberri had been it used to drive me mad because Hyndman and co were getting a free pass.
When the window opened and we started signing midfielders and sent the useless Hyndman back I thought, he’s got it now and would lay off Kamberri. Obviously not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
28-01-2019, 02:47 PM

Yes. Legal action through the courts/tribunal will be very expensive for both parties.

Eventually, sense will prevail and a settlement will be reached.

Daydreamer
28-01-2019, 02:50 PM
There was a meeting on Thursday morning away from Easter Road of senior board members where a decision was made to suspend Lennon and Parker and relieve them of their duties. Lennon had no idea that Dempster and a legal representative would be at East Mains on Friday morning. What ever went on before that an employee of the club was not willing to say anymore. Only what I've heard .

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2019, 02:58 PM

I'm sorry but what planet are you on?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/neil-lennon-says-sorry-after-mistress-allegations-34312022.html

Barney McGrew
28-01-2019, 02:59 PM
There was a meeting on Thursday morning away from Easter Road of senior board members where a decision was made to suspend Lennon and Parker and relieve them of their duties. Lennon had no idea that Dempster and a legal representative would be at East Mains on Friday morning. What ever went on before that an employee of the club was not willing to say anymore. Only what I've heard .

Absolite nonsense. Unless they then engineered the whole fall out on the Friday at the team meeting that kicked it all off.

Is Derren Brown on the Hibs board now to be able to tell the future?

I'm Spartacus
28-01-2019, 03:03 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bolton-wanderers-boss-neil-lennon-7075826

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/neil-lennon-says-sorry-after-mistress-allegations-34312022.html

Jesus C :(

Iggy Pope
28-01-2019, 03:08 PM

To be fair I’m on this planet and hadn’t seen that either. Last I heard of the Belfast Telegraph was on the stomping 45 by Shock Treatment. It’s news to me.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2019, 03:11 PM
21629:greengrin

monarch
28-01-2019, 03:44 PM

i don’t think the Board would be going into any legal situation with their eyes shut. Remember one of our directors, Amanda Jones, is a well respected employment lawyer.

hibbyfraelibby
28-01-2019, 03:48 PM

He has 250,000 reasons not to go public

LiviHibee
28-01-2019, 04:00 PM
[/B]

it certainly would be very disappointing if he did, it could also be an indication of lack of self control when discussions become heated.

Regardless of what has happened his time in Scottish football is probably over, only 5 clubs in Scotland who can afford him, one would never have him, another’s fans would never accept him, two that he has left and Aberdeen.

CMurdoch
28-01-2019, 04:10 PM

That part of the rumour will not be true.
He could have easily raved and swore at Leanne about the board members not knowing anything about football and not being ambitious etc but he will not have made any comment about her sexuality. He is an egotist and has a short fuse in relation to football matters when he doesn't get his own way but that comment doesn't IMO fit.

proud_and_green
28-01-2019, 05:59 PM
I never understood Lennon’s criticism of Kamberri. Yes he has had some quiet games this season but it always looked to me because our midfield was so terrible this season that the balls he was getting played were making him look bad.
Every time Lennon brought up how bad Kamberri had been it used to drive me mad because Hyndman and co were getting a free pass.
When the window opened and we started signing midfielders and sent the useless Hyndman back I thought, he’s got it now and would lay off Kamberri. Obviously not.

The thought popped into my head as I read your first sentence that, perhaps, Lenny didn't want him in; perhaps, Lenny had his eyes on some other forward who Leanne and George would not/could not fund; perhaps Flo was Leanne and George Craig's decision which recognised Flo's success from the previous season and the likely popularity of his signing with the fans. Consequently, perhaps when things started to go wrong on the pitch Lenny saw Flo as the cause of all our ails because his preferred forward would have banged them in Geoff Wright and Albert Turner.

Pure speculation and seems fanciful, but like you I cannot understand his apparent and irrational dislike of him and this is the only reason I can come up with for his treatment.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Fascinating the zealotry with which some people want to rip into Lennon. Clearly agendas way beyond his performance as manager.

madhatter
28-01-2019, 06:24 PM
Fascinating the zealotry with which some people want to rip into Lennon. Clearly agendas way beyond his performance as manager.

I think we can suggest the same of Kamberi as well then, people's criticisms over the past few days have been quite extreme as well. I think we've also had wild suggestions of Bartley being a snake and grassing on Lennon and Whittaker battering everyone at the training centre. Sooner we get past this debacle the better.

J-C
28-01-2019, 06:25 PM

Are you actually surprised by this, Lennon certainly divided the fans when he was announced, there was quite a few who didn't want him here due to who he is and the type of manager he was, he always courted controversy when at Celtic. I think most gave their backing just because they are fans but you don't always agree with the appointments the club makes.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 06:32 PM
I think we can suggest the same of Kamberi as well then, people's criticisms over the past few days have been quite extreme as well. I think we've also had wild suggestions of Bartley being a snake and grassing on Lennon and Whittaker battering everyone at the training centre. Sooner we get past this debacle the better.

Easily the most extreme stuff has been directed at Lennon. The whataboutery of the others you mention stand or fall on their own, they don't somehow justify the rabid nature of the anti-Lennon stuff.

You're right about getting past it all.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Are you actually surprised by this, Lennon certainly divided the fans when he was announced, there was quite a few who didn't want him here due to who he is and the type of manager he was, he always courted controversy when at Celtic. I think most gave their backing just because they are fans but you don't always agree with the appointments the club makes.

I genuinely am.

I can absolutely understand some people being pleased he's leaving, they have had concerns about how things were panning out recently and made clear they didn't think he could turn it around. Fair enough.

Others though seem to want to pursue him with venom across various threads. It's clearly personal for whatever weird reasons and it's classless.

judas
28-01-2019, 06:38 PM
If there’s a legal case, then I’ll stake a hundred quid on Hibs winning it.

madhatter
28-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Easily the most extreme stuff has been directed at Lennon. The whataboutery of the others you mention stand or fall on their own, they don't somehow justify the rabid nature of the anti-Lennon stuff.

You're right about getting past it all.

Lennon has had it the worst but he's always split the fans to some extent. He's also the Head Coach/Manager so will always tend to take the flak worse. I think it is people's way of showing their passion for their club, it isn't right but it is better than some of what we've witnessed in other countries where it goes to dangerously high fanatical levels where people get physically hurt regularly. Again not justifying it but Lennon is/was well paid at Hibs and with that comes a degree of abuse and general dislike even from your own fans. Some fans hated Stubbs, just the way of things sadly.

I loved having Lennon last season until the Hearts game, after that I wanted rid. Nothing against him personally, just don't like hearing a Head Coach/Manager speak so negatively about the club, its players and its ambitions. We just recently won the cup, we got promoted and then for 1/2 a season blew virtually every team away and he still chose to have a dig. The players last season were playing out of their skins, Stevenson never had a rest as far as I remember but he took a dig at them.

Wish him well in whatever he does next. My focus is on the club though, hoping we get news shortly on new signings (Scott Allan atleast) and the recruitment process being formally underway for a new Head Coach. All parties need to move on.

Leith Green
28-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Lennon could have had a justified gripe at numerous players and problems before he got near Kamberi as far as im concerned. Didnt get it at the time and it doesnt make any sense now. Far worse signings and performances from other players and plenty poor decisions made by Lennon himself were far more worthy of coming under public scrutiny.. Kamberi looks like the scapegoat and easy target for me

WhileTheChief..
28-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Hate crimes? :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Absolite nonsense. Unless they then engineered the whole fall out on the Friday at the team meeting that kicked it all off.

David Gray said there was no fallout on Friday :dunno:

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 07:16 PM

Like what exactly?? That’s Celtic minded *****.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 07:19 PM
I genuinely am.

I can absolutely understand some people being pleased he's leaving, they have had concerns about how things were panning out recently and made clear they didn't think he could turn it around. Fair enough.

Others though seem to want to pursue him with venom across various threads. It's clearly personal for whatever weird reasons and it's classless.

Probably because there’s a good couple of love letter threads to a manager who seemed like he didn’t want to be here since April and leaves us in 8th.

Some want the best interests of the club ahead of man love to a manager who’s been told to not come back.

hibsbollah
28-01-2019, 07:23 PM
Probably because there’s a good couple of love letter threads to a manager who seemed like he didn’t want to be here since April and leaves us in 8th.

Some want the best interests of the club ahead of man love to a manager who’s been told to not come back.

Man love/love letter?:not worth:yawn:

I've not really noticed your posts before so I don't know if they had any merit, but judging by this you've got nothing interesting to say.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-01-2019, 07:24 PM

That’ll be the good Friday agreement :)

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Man love/love letter?:not worth:yawn:

I've not really noticed your posts before so I don't know if they had any merit, but judging by this you've got nothing interesting to say.

Oh well 😔

I'm Spartacus
28-01-2019, 10:49 PM
Interesting lack of folk ITK on here!

Lennon officially left tonight and there's not a peep of fact on here, that’s disappointing... Hanlon was involved most of today and got home at 23:00, some shift.

No idea what's left of the coaching staff, my source is a coach at East Mains.

I'm Spartacus
28-01-2019, 10:51 PM

Lennon officially left tonight and there's not a peep of fact on here, that’s disappointing... Hanlon was involved most of today and got home at 23:00, some shift.

Cancel that - ****ty tappatalk on the phone doesn't show half the threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Leith Dutch
28-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Yes. “So Ms Dempster I’ve heard lots of stories about you not backing Lennon in terms of players signed or in terms of his management, why do I want to come to an environment like such?”

Sorry, I can’t possibly say..

I'm guessing most candidates for a managerial position at one of the biggest clubs in the country aren't going to conduct their interview like a gossipy seven year old lassie.

Why on earth would someone attending an interview choose to do a perfectly reasonable thing - probing the MD on how the job will run in terms of backing they'll receive from her - in such a crass and unprofessional fashion as you're suggesting? Of course they'll want to understand how they're going to be backed but to do it in such a cack handed fashion would be utterly daft.

Wilson
28-01-2019, 11:00 PM

What about a scuffle on Sunday or a melee on Monday? Surely tiff Tuesday is still a thing?

28-01-2019, 11:15 PM

So you're saying Lennon's exit (Lexit) has taken place.

Sad that it ended the way it did but it is probably for the best that we go our separate ways.

Good luck Lenny and thanks for the 2 1/2 year roller-coaster ride. It's been emotional!

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 11:15 PM
I'm guessing most candidates for a managerial position at one of the biggest clubs in the country aren't going to conduct their interview like a gossipy seven year old lassie.

Why on earth would someone attending an interview choose to do a perfectly reasonable thing - probing the MD on how the job will run in terms of backing they'll receive from her - in such a crass and unprofessional fashion as you're suggesting? Of course they'll want to understand how they're going to be backed but to do it in such a cack handed fashion would be utterly daft.
They would ask the board before they took the job why they didn’t back the last head coach. It’s not that ****ing hard to understand.

“We want you Gordon as our next manager”

“Sounds good but you suspended and sacked Lenny, care to clarify want went on? As ex Scotland manager I’m up for it but need to know I’ll get your backing”

Sorry Gordon, stop acting like a wee hysterical sweetie wife and get the **** out my office 😂😂

Captain Trips
28-01-2019, 11:19 PM
They would ask the board before they took the job why they didn’t back the last head coach. It’s not that ****ing hard to understand.

“Sounds good but you suspended and sacked Lenny, care to clarify want went on? As ex Scotland manager I’m up for it but need to know I’ll get your backing”

Sorry Gordon, stop acting like a wee hysterical sweetie wife and get the **** out my office 😂😂

Here is the budget do you want the job? Yes or no. What went on before is irrelevant to next candidate.

Whoever is interviewed will take the job or not based on what they are told at interview if they do not like they can refuse job if offered.

HoboHarry
28-01-2019, 11:23 PM

Not sure why people would be posting about it - where are the links to this? I for one haven't seen any official statements?

Tornadoes70
28-01-2019, 11:26 PM
Here is the budget do you want the job? Yes or no. What went on before is irrelevant to next candidate.

I'm very confident there'll be a number of high calibre candidates who'll put themselves forward for the role. There always is for clubs like ours that are long established with the potential to grow and prosper ever further. It'll be interesting to see the names that emerge.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

The 90+2

Whoever is interviewed will take the job or not based on what they are told at interview if they do not like they can refuse job if offered.

It’s not really when there are pundits and journos all over the shop blaming the hibs board. Any decent manager who isn’t desperate for a gig is going to do due diligence.

It could be Strachans last role as manager in football, it could be someone from another club. Of course they are going to ask what the fk went on.

Callum_62

What was Hanlon involved in?

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 11:29 PM

Eddie May and Alan Combe are still there. If Murray has left then it’s not surprising.

Hanlon, I’ve no idea why he would be there as some chief negotiator unless he’s the most senior player who wasn’t involved on Friday.

Captain Trips
28-01-2019, 11:30 PM
It’s not really when there are pundits and journos all over the shop blaming the hibs board. Any decent manager who isn’t desperate for a gig is going to do due diligence.

Well they can ask Neil Lennon then. Any new manager will take the job or not based on everything told at interview.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 11:35 PM
Well they can ask Neil Lennon then. Any new manager will take the job or not based on everything told at interview.

If a manager is headhunted by the board just like in life if you get approached for a position you ask a lot of questions and don’t just nod your head because it’s a good role. If the last person leaves you ask why, if that information. Isn’t forthcoming you have doubts over the role. Especially in football management.

Captain Trips
28-01-2019, 11:42 PM
If a manager is headhunted by the board just like in life if you get approached for a position you ask a lot of questions and don’t just nod your head because it’s a good role. If the last person leaves you ask why, if that information. Isn’t forthcoming you have doubts over the role. Especially in football management.

I expext the candidte to ask questions Inc budgets of course but what would you expect Hibs to say about NL?

I suspended him because he was not happy about the budget he knew about and accepted?

I suspended him because I decided to make his budget less and he wasn't happy?

I suspended him because he disrupted the team meeting by criticism?

I suspended him even though I didn't think his meeting was that bad just thought we would?

The manager will take a job with us based on the criteria given at interview and fa to do with Lennon.

The 90+2
28-01-2019, 11:42 PM
Ok no bother 👍

we are hibs
29-01-2019, 04:26 AM
I genuinely am.

You keep coming out with stuff like this and I don't see it. Name names and direct us to which posts you mean.

Iain G
29-01-2019, 05:24 AM

So they suspended him in the morning and then he was allowed to have the team meeting later in the day?!?

The Leith Dutch
29-01-2019, 06:25 AM

Are you actual this daft or just trolling?

You're conflating a perfectly reasonable thing to dig into in an interview - will the board back me? - with an unprofessionally stupid way to ask it that involves requesting details on a personal situation that no professional organisation would share.

What a candidate - or at least a candidate that wouldn't get laughed out the office - is going to do is ask a series of questions like:
"What remit do I have in regard to naming transfer targets?"
"Who makes the final decision on those transfer targets?"
"Will I receive a transfer budget?"
"Are there restrictions on that budget in terms of squad size, individual salary cap or squad salary cap?"

They're going to ask questions like that and the reason they're going to do that is because a) they know questions directly relating to the previous incumbent wouldn't be able to be answered and b) they'll have a reasonably good suspicion of what went on (NL has a challenging attitude which has either boiled over into the unprofessional or has become untolerable given the poor form) and c) they'll be relying on their own interview technique and character judgement to figure out how good a fit the job is going to be.

You're massively, hugely wrong about how interviews at this level are conducted and you've suggested something utterly ridiculous and yet you keep digging.

jacomo
29-01-2019, 06:48 AM
Disappointed with the club yesterday. Lack of an official update is unacceptable.

Hopefully they pull their finger out today.

we are hibs
29-01-2019, 06:58 AM
Looks like petrie is leading the investigation according to the sun. Claiming dempster Gray and Lennon will give their own bits of evidence this week.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2019, 06:58 AM
Disappointed with the club yesterday. Lack of an official update is unacceptable.

Hopefully they pull their finger out today.Its not unacceptable. We'll know when its all sorted.

Stonewall
29-01-2019, 07:07 AM

Do you think that any statement they make would answer any questions people have or indeed not end up giving rise to more speculation?

Peevemor
29-01-2019, 07:09 AM
Do you think that any statement they make would answer any questions people have or indeed not end up giving rise to more speculation?

It'll give people something else to moan about. The moaners are getting fed up with moaning about the lack of communication from the club. It's time to move and and concentrate their negativity elsewhere. :agree:

Fish
29-01-2019, 07:10 AM
Looks like petrie is leading the investigation according to the sun. Claiming dempster Gray and Lennon will give their own bits of evidence this week.

I think the sun is making stuff up. That sort of information would be unlikely to make it in to the public domain. All parties would be told to keep it confidential and not to discuss the matter with anyone. Their legal representatives would also advise them to keep quiet until the investigation is complete.

jacomo
29-01-2019, 07:11 AM
Its not unacceptable. We'll know when its all sorted.

In the meantime the rumours swirl online and the club doesn’t appear in control of events. I thought we had learned to be better at this now?

calumhibee1
29-01-2019, 07:11 AM

Would seem at odds with SDGs interview. I’m still pretty certain that the papers know as little as us and everyone is just having a guess.

Jim44
29-01-2019, 07:12 AM
Are you actual this daft or just trolling?

You're conflating a perfectly reasonable thing to dig into in an interview - will the board back me? - with an unprofessionally stupid way to ask it that involves requesting details on a personal situation that no professional organisation would share.

What a candidate - or at least a candidate that wouldn't get laughed out the office - is going to do is ask a series of questions like:
"What remit do I have in regard to naming transfer targets?"
"Who makes the final decision on those transfer targets?"
"Will I receive a transfer budget?"
"Are there restrictions on that budget in terms of squad size, individual salary cap or squad salary cap?"

They're going to ask questions like that and the reason they're going to do that is because a) they know questions directly relating to the previous incumbent wouldn't be able to be answered and b) they'll have a reasonably good suspicion of what went on (NL has a challenging attitude which has either boiled over into the unprofessional or has become untolerable given the poor form) and c) they'll be relying on their own interview technique and character judgement to figure out how good a fit the job is going to be.

You're massively, hugely wrong about how interviews at this level are conducted and you've suggested something utterly ridiculous and yet you keep digging.

......... and furthermore, the calibration of candidate for the post will have a superior and more reliable quality of gossip and grapevine than we have on Hibs.net. :cb

Stonewall
29-01-2019, 07:19 AM
It'll give people something else to moan about. The moaners are getting fed up with moaning about the lack of communication from the club. It's time to move and and concentrate their negativity elsewhere. :agree:

Much truth in that.

Personnaly I’m not that bothered whether we get a statement or not, which isn’t to say I’m not desperate to know what went on. I just know that we won’t find out from the club, and neither should we.

Unless of course we try to dismiss him without compensation in which case the gloves may come off. Doubt it though.

calumhibee1
29-01-2019, 07:22 AM
Much truth in that.

Personnaly I’m not that bothered whether we get a statement or not, which isn’t to say I’m not desperate to know what went on. I just know that we won’t find out from the club, and neither should we.

Unless of course we try to dismiss him without compensation in which case the gloves may come off. Doubt it though.

Agree. I wanted to know who was in charge on Sunday. Other than that I don’t think we need to know anything else from the club.

Even if the gloves do come off as you say, I doubt that will happen from Hibs side. Not really our style.

One Day Soon
29-01-2019, 07:24 AM

I tend to regard the .net moaners as our version of the ERG. Once Lennon and Brexit are done what life will be left for them? It's a real worry.

GloryGlory
29-01-2019, 07:59 AM
In the meantime the rumours swirl online and the club doesn’t appear in control of events. I thought we had learned to be better at this now?

Which part of contractual matters are confidential between employer and employee is so hard for people to understand.

"I'm not a party to the contract and it's got nothing to do with me but I demand an immediate public statement anyway" is meaningless and self-indulgent.

When the matter is concluded, a statement of sorts will be issued.

And how can the club control rumours, anyway? If they issued a statement saying the Earth is round, there would be an immediate denial by flat earthers.

I'm Spartacus
29-01-2019, 08:08 AM
What was Hanlon involved in?

I was told this last night from a youth coach, I guess it's kind of been said in bits around here, but there must be a 100% ITK poster who can back this up??

Hanlon plus one other player went to Dempster after Flo emptied his locker and left, the players tell her the team aren't willing to play for him after an outrageous attack, which has been relentless, she calls a meeting and he loses the absolute plot = he's suspended. The departure, i'm told, was confirmed within the club last night.

Anybody have a contact that can confirm the same?

Caversham Green
29-01-2019, 08:38 AM
What's the real difference between 'suspension' and 'gardening leave' or relieved of his duties'? I know suspension gives the impression of disciplinary action (and it could also be interpreted as being a temporary measure) but in practical terms I can't see that there's any difference between the three terms. Should "Rangers" be ashamed of themselves for the way they treated McCoist? After all, he hasn't had another coaching job since they suspended him years ago.

Imagine if the story hadn't been leaked to the press on Friday evening and on Saturday morning Hibs had issued a statement to the effect that Lennon had been relieved of his duties and May and Murray would be taking the first team until further notice. That's just a football club putting an under-performing and sometimes irrational manager on gardening duty - happens all the time. Certainly there would have been discussion about whether the club had acted too hastily but there would have been none of the hysteria and mud-slinging we've seen from the press. The thing is, when you set aside the hysteria and mud-slinging that's exactly what has happened. What precipitated it remains to be seen.

Callum_62
29-01-2019, 08:45 AM
What's the real difference between 'suspension' and 'gardening leave' or relieved of his duties'? I know suspension gives the impression of disciplinary action (and it could also be interpreted as being a temporary measure) but in practical terms I can't see that there's any difference between the three terms. Should "Rangers" be ashamed of themselves for the way they treated McCoist? After all, he hasn't had another coaching job since they suspended him years ago.

Imagine if the story hadn't been leaked to the press on Friday evening and on Saturday morning Hibs had issued a statement to the effect that Lennon had been relieved of his duties and May and Murray would be taking the first team until further notice. That's just a football club putting an under-performing and sometimes irrational manager on gardening duty - happens all the time. Certainly there would have been discussion about whether the club had acted too hastily but there would have been none of the hysteria and mud-slinging we've seen from the press. The thing is, when you set aside the hysteria and mud-slinging that's exactly what has happened. What precipitated it remains to be seen.

Im assuming suspension can be without pay

Gardening leave is also paid

Caversham Green
29-01-2019, 08:49 AM
Im assuming suspension can be without pay

Gardening leave is also paid

I don't think it can - in my experience (not personally btw) suspension has always been on full pay.

calumhibee1
29-01-2019, 09:01 AM

I see gardening leave as being the end of the matter. For example, if Lennon got put on gardening leave that would be the end of the matter until either his contract expired or someone else took him on. As he’d be on gardening leave he’d technically still be our employee so once he went elsewhere we’d stop paying him, much like we would if he hadn’t been put on gardening leave. It would be down to Lennon to decide whether he wanted to pick up his full wage here on gardening leave or take up a new job and get paid whatever they’re offering (possibly less). If he goes ahead with that then he doesn’t get any more from us.

Suspension suggests to me there’s still more to come and this is a stop gap until whatever’s about to happen (most likely a sacking or mutual termination) has happened.

hibbyfraelibby
29-01-2019, 09:07 AM

The reason the ITK folk are missing is there are no ITK folk on this issue other than the involved parties and they are bound by confidentiality clauses in their contracts.

Caversham Green
29-01-2019, 09:10 AM
I see gardening leave as being the end of the matter. For example, if Lennon got put on gardening leave that would be the end of the matter until either his contract expired or someone else took him on. As he’d be on gardening leave he’d technically still be our employee so once he went elsewhere we’d stop paying him, much like we would if he hadn’t been put on gardening leave. It would be down to Lennon to decide whether he wanted to pick up his full wage here on gardening leave or take up a new job and get paid whatever they’re offering (possibly less). If he goes ahead with that then he doesn’t get any more from us.

Suspension suggests to me there’s still more to come and this is a stop gap until whatever’s about to happen (most likely a sacking or mutual termination) has happened.

Well yes, that's how we see it but in reality I think the three terms are pretty much interchangeable apart from suspension having some undertones.

hibbyfraelibby
29-01-2019, 09:11 AM

I think the fact that there has been no official statement from either party indicates 100% the club is in control, hence the rumours from the information void.

calumhibee1
29-01-2019, 09:14 AM
Well yes, that's how we see it but in reality I think the three terms are pretty much interchangeable apart from suspension having some undertones.

Aye they’re pretty similar I suppose.

scoopyboy
29-01-2019, 09:22 AM
I was told this last night from a youth coach, I guess it's kind of been said in bits around here, but there must be a 100% ITK poster who can back this up??

Hanlon plus one other player went to Dempster after Flo emptied his locker and left, the players tell her the team aren't willing to play for him after an outrageous attack, which has been relentless, she calls a meeting and he loses the absolute plot = he's suspended. The departure, i'm told, was confirmed within the club last night.

I have a contact that says very much different if that's any help.

Peevemor
29-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Aye they’re pretty similar I suppose.

I think there's a clear difference.

Suspension normally means for whatever reason (usually a disciplinary matter) the person is suspended from their functions, with immediate effect, until the situation is resolved one way or the other.

Gardening leave is ordinarily where someone's post has ceased to exist or he/she has been replaced by someone else, and it's easier/cheaper to get the person to stay away from work until the end of their contract (or often retirement) than to agree a severance package.

BoyledEgg
29-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Martin Canning left Hamilton. Hope he’s not coming here!

hibbyfraelibby
29-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Martin Canning left Hamilton. Hope he’s not coming here!

Why not. One of our old players. Meets some peoples retro agenda...and we get Boozy back

Stonewall
29-01-2019, 09:29 AM

At the risk of getting out of my depth I would say that suspension implies removing someone from a situation until such time as an investigation has been concluded in accordance with the companiy’s disciplinary procedures. The individual gets to state their version of events, can call on supporting evidence and mitigating factors. Therefore there is at least the notional possibility of not being dismissed. Thus there should be no comeback in a tribunal.

I’ve heard of people being put on gardening leave to see out their notice period having left work voluntarily but in this case it would be stating you’re going, that’s it and we’re going to pay up your contract (subject to haggling) because if we don’t we’re leaving ourselves wide open to legal action for not following our own procedures.

Mrs S deals with this sort of thing all the time so I’ll see if she agrees with my understanding.

MWHIBBIES

So? The club aren't there to respond to every rumour. Learned better? Name me a club that replies to every rumour?

Learning better is keeping quite and being professional until it's sorted. Blurting out statements like the Huns is being stupid.

AgentDaleCooper

What are they saying?

Callum_62
29-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Why not. One of our old players. Meets some peoples retro agenda...and we get Boozy back

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Too true

Onion
29-01-2019, 09:34 AM

Lennon’s biggest problem is that this isn’t an isolated incident that can be put down to an abboration or unusual set of circs. His public comments, going AWOL and threats to leave Hibs over the last 9 months will all be held against him. To those who want him back ... what do you will happen if he cannot turn things around and get the team performing ? How long before he decides to chuck it or as likely gets sacked ? What about players like Flo in meantime ? How much money do Hibs throw at the problem ?

I’d be astonished if Hibs Board did not have concerns about Lennon long before now and this latest incident has just tipped the balance. For all his strengths and abilities, the media must eventually recognise that Lennon is a flawed character and , for Hibs, you could read most other clubs that might employ him. Wish him well, but Hibs come first.

MyJo
29-01-2019, 09:41 AM
I don't understand peoples desperation for a statement as if it's going to give us a blow by blow account of what's happened. I can tell you now what its going to say when it does get released.

Neil Lennon's contract has been terminated by mutual consent following a breakdown in the relationship between the manager and the club. We're disappointed that things have ended in this manner following two highly successful and entertaining seasons with Neil at the helm but we felt it in the best interests for all concerned to go our separate ways at this time. Everyone at the club would like to thank Neil for his efforts over the last two and a half years and wish him well in his future career. Our focus is now on recruiting a new head coach and ensuring a strong end to our season.

Onion
29-01-2019, 09:46 AM
At the risk of getting out of my depth I would say that suspension implies removing someone from a situation until such time as an investigation has been concluded in accordance with the companiy’s disciplinary procedures. The individual gets to state their version of events, can call on supporting evidence and mitigating factors. Therefore there is at least the notional possibility of not being dismissed. Thus there should be no comeback in a tribunal.

I’ve heard of people being put on gardening leave to see out their notice period having left work voluntarily but in this case it would be stating you’re going, that’s it and we’re going to pay up your contract (subject to haggling) because if we don’t we’re leaving ourselves wide open to legal action for not following our own procedures.

Mrs S deals with this sort of thing all the time so I’ll see if she agrees with my understanding.

In normal business, that explanation of suspension is spot on. But this is football. Suspending a manager is a huge deal and as close to a sacking as you can get. The grounds for doing it will be solid. As soon as it happened, Lennons position became untenable. There’s no way back for him. All that’s left is sorting the legals and moving on.

calumhibee1
29-01-2019, 09:47 AM
I don't understand peoples desperation for a statement as if it's going to give us a blow by blow account of what's happened. I can tell you now what its going to say when it does get released.

Neil Lennon's contract has been terminated by mutual consent following a breakdown in the relationship between the manager and the club. We're disappointed that things have ended in this manner following two highly successful and entertaining seasons with Neil at the helm but we felt it in the best interests for all concerned to go our separate ways at this time. Everyone at the club would like to thank Neil for his efforts over the last two and a half years and wish him well in his future career. Our focus is now on recruiting a new head coach and ensuring a strong end to our season.

I’d doubt there’ll be any reference to a breakdown in relationship to be honest. And that’s fine with me. Tell us he’s no longer manager, thank him for his effort then tell us we’ll be appointing a new one in due course. No more is needed.

Sioux
29-01-2019, 09:48 AM

So you've announced your source, to a certain degree, and alerted whoever. Did you think before posting that?

I hope your source is not subject to disciplinary action.

The 90+2
29-01-2019, 10:02 AM
I’d doubt there’ll be any reference to a breakdown in relationship to be honest. And that’s fine with me. Tell us he’s no longer manager, thank him for his effort then tell us we’ll be appointing a new one in due course. No more is needed.

:agree::agree:

chrisski33
29-01-2019, 10:05 AM
i see martin canning is free lol (im not saying he should replace Lennon btw)

GloryGlory
29-01-2019, 10:07 AM

It'll be "by mutual agreement", "thanks for your service and wish you well for the future", "the club has now commenced the search for a new head coach" and "there will be no further comment by the club until a new coach is appointed".

PS Statement bingo, anyone?

scoopyboy
29-01-2019, 10:10 AM
So you've announced your source, to a certain degree, and alerted whoever. Did you think before posting that?

The source should be, cos it's absolute guff.

I'm Spartacus
29-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Let's compare then!!

SeanWilson
29-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Let's compare then!!Hanlon?! [emoji2357]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
29-01-2019, 10:42 AM

The poster has a long-standing agenda against Paul Hanlon. Looks like he is trying to hang him out to dry by making out to be a ringleader.

scoopyboy
29-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Let's compare then!!

There was no player delegation to Leeann Dempster on Friday.

The players were off yesterday and the player you named was at two different locations yesterday afternoon and evening that had nothing to do with Hibs whatsoever. Certainly not tied up with Hibs until 11pm.

Not directed solely at you but people really should be careful what they post, anybody could be reading what is posted and take it as gospel. This could lead to players or officials being confronted by angry fans which at this moment in time is not what they need.

For the record a lot of players liked and respected Neil Lennon and are shocked he's away.

Hibeesmad
29-01-2019, 10:51 AM
how long do we think it will be until we announce our next manager?

flash
29-01-2019, 10:57 AM

The players were off yesterday and the player you named was at two different locations yesterday afternoon and evening that had nothing to do with Hibs whatsoever. Certainly not tied up with Hibs until 11pm.

Not directed solely at you but people really should be careful what they post, anybody could be reading what is posted and take it as gospel. This could lead to players or officials being confronted by angry fans which at this moment in time is not what they need.

For the record a lot of players liked and respected Neil Lennon and are shocked he's away.

Thanks for that. As you say totally unfair that posters are putting wild speculation out as fact.

GloryGlory
29-01-2019, 11:01 AM
how long do we think it will be until we announce our next manager?

Three weeks after he starts? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2019, 11:04 AM

Exactly scoopy, people just need to go back one transfer window to read some of the bollox told on here, and how Dempster was then hounded by morons who believed a pack of lies.

Hibeesmad
29-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Three weeks after he starts? :dunno:

😂😂

CapitalGreen
29-01-2019, 11:09 AM

I would expect this was very much the posters intention.

coco mc
29-01-2019, 11:12 AM
The source should be, cos it's absolute guff.

100% agree

J-C
29-01-2019, 11:23 AM

And that's why the reason he's been suspended is whatever happened in Leeann's office

scoopyboy
29-01-2019, 11:33 AM
And that's why the reason he's been suspended is whatever happened in Leeann's office

I would suspect that's the case J-C but haven't been told that.

What I stated earlier I'm sure about.

I'm Spartacus
29-01-2019, 11:52 AM

I would suspect that's the case J-C but haven't been told that.

What I stated earlier I'm sure about.

And the reason he ended up meeting her was as a result of what happened at the squad meeting, which was his direct abuse of Flo and 2 players making her aware and how uncomfortable they were to play for him.

Folk thinking I have it in for Hanlon - jeezo! That's why I've attended his testimonial and darts days plus paid for his lunch at Loch Leven Larder when he was there with the wife, kid and dog. Hanlon done exactly as he should have and protected a colleague, says how good a guy he is who stands up for those being wronged no matter their position. Look in the media at those ****bags who get away with murder in the workplace because people feel intimidated by those involved.

weecounty hibby
29-01-2019, 12:07 PM

Guy I know has connections to Morton and through that to others within the game and what he has heard was it wasn't an issue with players and Lennon that led to the suspension it was what went on between Lennon and Leeann. Would tie in with what your saying

Billy Whizz
29-01-2019, 12:10 PM
Luke Shanley just on Sky just now. Said things are edging closer to a settlement, and maybe a Hibs statement later on today

The Green Goblin
29-01-2019, 12:10 PM

Fergie defended his players to the death in public though, no matter what was going on behind the scenes.

Hibeesmad
29-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Luke Shanley just on Sky just now. Said things are edging closer to a settlement, and maybe a Hibs statement later on today

Hopefully 👍 can’t wait for us to move on now

BSEJVT
29-01-2019, 12:46 PM

Disappointed today is Tuesday

My legal advisers have advised me not to comment further but have suggested that it will be in order for me to comment upon on a day I like when investigations are complete and appropriate agreements reached.

They have suggested that any further comment on my part at this time will prejudice my position and may make the longed for day and any comment I am able to make upon it take longer.

Hopefully the clock continues to tick towards the dawn of another day and it is one on which I am able to like and comment upon.

proud_and_green
29-01-2019, 01:08 PM
In the meantime the rumours swirl online and the club doesn’t appear in control of events. I thought we had learned to be better at this now?How do you know that rumours are controlling events? Rumours may be influencing the debate external to Hibs. But I very much doubt that rumours will be influencing the manner in which the process is taking place internally. This is a matter between the club and an employee and whilst we are close to and interested in the goings on and we live in a media driven world where everyone expects to hear news updates as they happen we are spectators whether we like it or not. To do this in public in this case would potentially prejudice the process and would not be fair to either party.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
29-01-2019, 01:26 PM
How do you know that rumours are controlling events? Rumours may be influencing the debate external to Hibs. But I very much doubt that rumours will be influencing the manner in which the process is taking place internally. This is a matter between the club and an employee and whilst we are close to and interested in the goings on and we live in a media driven world where everyone expects to hear news updates as they happen we are spectators whether we like it or not. To do this in public in this case would potentially prejudice the process and would not be fair to either party.

Here that's enough of that, there's no place for sound logic and critical thinking on a fans forum........

One Day Soon
29-01-2019, 01:29 PM
How do you know that rumours are controlling events? Rumours may be influencing the debate external to Hibs. But I very much doubt that rumours will be influencing the manner in which the process is taking place internally. This is a matter between the club and an employee and whilst we are close to and interested in the goings on and we live in a media driven world where everyone expects to hear news updates as they happen we are spectators whether we like it or not. To do this in public in this case would potentially prejudice the process and would not be fair to either party.

FFS, more logic and calm thinking. :rolleyes:

Keith_M
29-01-2019, 01:37 PM

I usually just ask how much I'm going to be paid.

Maybe I should start asking a few more questions.

:greengrin

jacomo
29-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Disappointed today is Tuesday

My legal advisers have advised me not to comment further but have suggested that it will be in order for me to comment upon on a day I like when investigations are complete and appropriate agreements reached.

They have suggested that any further comment on my part at this time will prejudice my position and may make the longed for day and any comment I am able to make upon it take longer.

Hopefully the clock continues to tick towards the dawn of another day and it is one on which I am able to like and comment upon.

I posted an opinion.

You’re just being smart.

jacomo
29-01-2019, 01:54 PM

Not what I wrote

BSEJVT
29-01-2019, 01:59 PM
I posted an opinion.

You’re just being smart.

You keep posting the same opinion

The club are doing what they have to do

Your posting your opinion regularly wont change that

I tried and failed to interject a bit humour. Apologies

jacomo
29-01-2019, 02:51 PM
You keep posting the same opinion

The club are doing what they have to do

Your posting your opinion regularly wont change that

I tried and failed to interject a bit humour. Apologies

I’m not sure I am. I posted something similar yesterday, and then again today because I thought it was still relevant.

It’s just my opinion, I appreciate others will take a different view. And I possibly am suffering from excessive grumpiness today so apologies for that.

1875Sean
29-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Just listened to the Kelvin Wilson interview on open goal, was before Friday but he does mention at times Lennon goes over the line when he was the Celtic Manager

madhatter
29-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Just listened to the Kelvin Wilson interview on open goal, was before Friday but he does mention at times Lennon goes over the line when he was the Celtic Manager

Also suggested he wasn't great when it came to tactics. I think we have seen that this season with bizarre selections and players looking lost. If I remember correctly he did say Lennon was one of the best for motivating but again that's probably based on what Wilson, himself, liked.

Think we can say, like any person, a footballer will either dislike or like their manager's methods. Also, Hibs will not get a perfect manager. We'll either get a good man manager or a good tactician or neither. If Ranieri hadn't went to Fulham, I'd have loved him at ER, he does great interviews and is quite good at setting up a team!

Sir David Gray
29-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Also suggested he wasn't great when it came to tactics. I think we have seen that this season with bizarre selections and players looking lost. If I remember correctly he did say Lennon was one of the best for motivating but again that's probably based on what Wilson, himself, liked.

Think we can say, like any person, a footballer will either dislike or like their manager's methods. Also, Hibs will not get a perfect manager. We'll either get a good man manager or a good tactician or neither. If Ranieri hadn't went to Fulham, I'd have loved him at ER, he does great interviews and is quite good at setting up a team!

There would be no danger of us attracting someone like that even if he hadn't gone to Fulham.

BILLYHIBS
29-01-2019, 05:12 PM

:faf:

madhatter
29-01-2019, 05:39 PM
There would be no danger of us attracting someone like that even if he hadn't gone to Fulham.

I know that...

madhatter
29-01-2019, 05:42 PM
:faf:

What's funny? Statement on Lennon's tactics or Ranieri?

Ranieri was clearly a joke, fans live in a dream world anyway so whats the problem of dreaming about having a great experienced manager? Many fans dream that Hibs have a dusty wallet somewhere that we've stash all the money in so...

Hibrandenburg
29-01-2019, 06:23 PM

You could almost believe that was the whole aim behind some of the posts on here sometimes.

Hibrandenburg
29-01-2019, 06:25 PM
I would expect this was very much the posters intention.

You think?

BILLYHIBS
29-01-2019, 06:27 PM
What's funny? Statement on Lennon's tactics or Ranieri?

Ranieri was clearly a joke, fans live in a dream world anyway so whats the problem of dreaming about having a great experienced manager? Many fans dream that Hibs have a dusty wallet somewhere that we've stash all the money in so...

Ranieri!

But I have to admit Madhatter after all the doom and gloom over the past few days it fair cheered me up

:thumbsup:

madhatter
29-01-2019, 06:55 PM
Ranieri!

But I have to admit Madhatter after all the doom and gloom over the past few days it fair cheered me up

:thumbsup:

I'm glad it cheered you up, the thought of someone like Ranieri being Hibs manager cheers me up as well! He comes across as a terrific man and seems truly genuine in his interviews. One of my favourite managers. We can but dream, in fairness we could eventually end up having a manager 30 years his junior who is a very similar character and just trying to get a start in management. Dreams are wonderful things :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
29-01-2019, 07:04 PM
I'm glad it cheered you up, the thought of someone like Ranieri being Hibs manager cheers me up as well! He comes across as a terrific man and seems truly genuine in his interviews. One of my favourite managers. We can but dream, in fairness we could eventually end up having a manager 30 years his junior who is a very similar character and just trying to get a start in management. Dreams are wonderful things :greengrin

Rainieri is a fine Manager no doubt about it and won the EPL with Leicester and will forever be immortal to their fans but my two immortal Managers have HIBS connections Eddie Turnbull and Jock Stein

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
29-01-2019, 08:00 PM
I'm assuming we are going to hear further developments from Hibs this week. The statement on Saturday only referred to Eddie May and Grant Murray taking charge for Sunday's game against St Mirren. There was no reference to what was going to happen going forward so i'm assuming Hibs must think they'll have further news in the coming days and certainly before Saturday's match.

Billy Whizz
29-01-2019, 08:02 PM
I'm assuming we are going to hear further developments from Hibs this week. The statement on Saturday only referred to Eddie May and Grant Murray taking charge for Sunday's game against St Mirren. There was no reference to what was going to happen going forward so i'm assuming Hibs must think they'll have further news in the coming days and certainly before Saturday's match.

I’d be surprised it would work that fast, we have our current Manager still in position

BoomtownHibees
29-01-2019, 08:04 PM
The Sun (I know) are reporting it will be announced tomorrow

Sir David Gray
29-01-2019, 08:08 PM
I’d be surprised it would work that fast, we have our current Manager still in position

Sorry to be clear I didn't necessarily mean that a new manager will be appointed this week. All I meant was that we can't simply be going into the Aberdeen match off the back of last Saturday's statement with no further update from the club.

I think we all know that we are unlikely to see Lennon back in the dugout however the official stance from the club is that Eddie May and Grant Murray were taking the first team for the St Mirren match. There was no other longer term plan than that. So unless we hear otherwise, officially we should be expecting business as usual on Saturday with Lennon and Parker back in control of first team affairs.

WhileTheChief..
29-01-2019, 08:15 PM

New manager or explaining about NL?

BoomtownHibees
29-01-2019, 08:19 PM
New manager or explaining about NL?

That NL is away

Lee Marvin
29-01-2019, 08:29 PM

Sounds like agreement reached. Partial contract payoff so lennon cam keep reputation intact.

If true, best outcome from a bad situation for everyone

Lemonade
29-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Sun reporting is will be mutual consent with no blame for Lennon at Lennons request.

madhatter
29-01-2019, 08:47 PM
Sun reporting is will be mutual consent with no blame for Lennon at Lennons request.

That's good for all parties, if true. Will have saved Hibs some money and nothing publicised against Lennon. Closest thing to a win-win if true.

Lago
29-01-2019, 08:51 PM
To be honest I think NL is probably happy to away.

Lemonade
29-01-2019, 08:52 PM
That's good for all parties, if true. Will have saved Hibs some money and nothing publicised against Lennon. Closest thing to a win-win if true.
I agree.

No need for any witch hunts for either party.

Need to move on.
Cheers for an amazing season Neil.

madhatter
29-01-2019, 09:03 PM
I agree.

No need for any witch hunts for either party.

Need to move on.
Cheers for an amazing season Neil.

Not sure Hibs will be able to make a statement exonerating him of any wrongdoing though, unsure how the club can do that without causing even more uproar amongst fans - we'll have "see Leeann got it wrong, Lennon was innocent" stuff all over the place. Lennon, love him or hate him, has been quite divisive. We have a situation where he could be entirely in the wrong and yet supporters are backing him over the club. We could now see a situation where, as part of the mutual consent, he has asked for the statement to indicate the suspension and mutual consent were not his fault (or something to that affect), again, it won't be Lennon's intent but it will be divisive. Some fans could be calling for Leeann to be sacked at this rate, or should I say more fans.

If it is just a bland "Lennon leaves the club by mutual consent, we wish Neil all the best in the future" then so be it, but if fans read "Lennon was wholly unresponsible for any of the circumstances that now befall the club. However, after discussions he leaves with Mutual Consent", I think things could get worse. I hope not.

One Day Soon
29-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Not sure Hibs will be able to make a statement exonerating him of any wrongdoing though, unsure how the club can do that without causing even more uproar amongst fans - we'll have "see Leeann got it wrong, Lennon was innocent" stuff all over the place. Lennon, love him or hate him, has been quite divisive. We have a situation where he could be entirely in the wrong and yet supporters are backing him over the club. We could now see a situation where, as part of the mutual consent, he has asked for the statement to indicate the suspension and mutual consent were not his fault (or something to that affect), again, it won't be Lennon's intent but it will be divisive. Some fans could be calling for Leeann to be sacked at this rate, or should I say more fans.

If it is just a bland "Lennon leaves the club by mutual consent, we wish Neil all the best in the future" then so be it, but if fans read "Lennon was wholly unresponsible for any of the circumstances that now befall the club. However, after discussions he leaves with Mutual Consent", I think things could get worse. I hope not.

I have seen literally no-one calling for Leeann to be sacked. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places or I have missed some posts? I don't think there's been a thread on that subject.

I also don't think it's really true to say that Lennon has been divisive. Based on .net it appears to me that there is a tiny but very persistent group desperate to trash him and an even tinier group willing to defend him just as vociferously.

By and large everyone else seems to more or less fall into a group which is saying 'it's unfortunate but it looks like it was probably for the best all round. Thanks for the good times and good luck. Now its time for Hibernian to look forward.'

The bottom line is he's away and his departure will soon be superceded by a new appointment, regardless of any statement.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2019, 09:14 PM

I would be amazed if Hibs put out a statement along the lines of the one highlighted in bold.

jacomo
29-01-2019, 09:18 PM
I have seen literally no-one calling for Leeann to be sacked. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places or I have missed some posts? I don't think there's been a thread on that subject.

I also don't think it's really true to say that Lennon has been divisive. Based on .net it appears to me that there is a tiny but very persistent group desperate to trash him and an even tinier group willing to defend him just as vociferously.

By and large everyone else seems to more or less fall into a group which is saying 'it's unfortunate but it looks like it was probably for the best all round. Thanks for the good times and good luck. Now its time for Hibernian to look forward.'

The bottom line is he's away and his departure will soon be superceded by a new appointment, regardless of any statement.

Thank you. No need for us supporters to fall out over this.

Save that for when the new man is announced! :wink:

One Day Soon
29-01-2019, 09:37 PM
Thank you. No need for us supporters to fall out over this.

Save that for when the new man is announced! :wink:

Well exactly, though I think McCoist will do a good job for us.

madhatter
29-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Nobody has directly said sacked in reference to Leeann yet but there has certainly, on here and on other social media platforms, been suggestions of wrongdoing being with the board and Leeann particularly. That is before The Sun and the DR run with the content they've written. There will certainly be more severe opinions from those that use those "tabloids" as their source of information.

Lennon was always a little divisive. Not him personally, I think most people liked him and enjoyed his time. I think the idea of "Lennon" is divisive and his original recruitment was met with apprehension by certain numbers. Put it this way, he's the manager you sort of hate when he's in charge of an opposing club and he's the manager you love when he's at your club. We would be more indifferent about some former managers, if they were at other clubs, we'd be unlikely to boo or cheer. Again, it isn't Lennon as a person or as a manager, it is the idea of "Lennon" at certain times that can be divisive. It isn't his fault or his doing, just the way he is perceived sometimes. Being straight down the line normally means you split opinion in some way, one of Lennon's strengths but also one of his weaknesses.

I agree with your last sentiment which is "for the best, thanks for everything and good luck in the future". I'm in the group of glad he is leaving but wish him every success in future.

James Stephen
29-01-2019, 09:57 PM
Another take on it all

https://jamsstephen.com/2019/01/29/lennons-legacy-at-hibernian/

WhileTheChief..
29-01-2019, 10:01 PM
^^^Decent read that.

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Another take on it all

How did Lennon take over at a "difficult time"?

Not being funny, but try reading the Danny Galbraith article. It's excellent.

madhatter
29-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Another take on it all

Agree with most of that. Only thing I don’t think needs to be true is “Feel good factor is gone”. That one is for the fans to decide, obviously alongside good recruitment by Hibs. If we get a brilliant head coach after Lennon then why does the good times need to stop rolling?

Forza Fred
29-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Can I get in early?

I think the new manager is a numpty, surely we could have done better!

Smartie
29-01-2019, 10:12 PM

Really harsh.

The club WAS on a high after the Scottish Cup win, that's undeniable.

But our manager had left under slightly mysterious circumstances and we'd just failed to gain promotion and we're facing a third year in the first division.

Then you've got the whole having to get the team in shape for a European tie in very little time.

There have been more difficult times but Lennon didn't walk into a cakewalk.

I thought it was a decent read James. Don't take the hefty criticism of minor details to heart.

29-01-2019, 10:19 PM

It was difficult for Lennon to take over when he did because of what his predecessor had just achieved a few weeks earlier.

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2019, 10:26 PM
Really harsh.

But our manager had left under slightly mysterious circumstances and we'd just failed to gain promotion and we're facing a third year in the first division.

Then you've got the whole having to get the team in shape for a European tie in very little time.

I thought it was a decent read James. Don't take the hefty criticism of minor details to heart.

Apologies if I've upset the author. I'm sure others will like it.

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2019, 10:28 PM
It was difficult for Lennon to take over when he did because of what his predecessor had just achieved a few weeks earlier.

He couldn't have taken over at a better time. Feel good factor was off the scale. Place was buzzing.

I'd argue Stubbs took over at a far more difficult time.

The 90+2
29-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Another take on it all

You’ve missed out this whole season mate.

The 90+2
29-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Really harsh.

Perhaps not an extremely difficult time but let’s be honest, can you name a manager in our recent history that came in at a better time to be our manager?

Smartie
29-01-2019, 10:36 PM
He couldn't have taken over at a better time. Feel good factor was off the scale. Place was buzzing.

I agree that Stubbs took over at a more difficult time.

But Lennon did face challenges from day 1, and it's only fair to point that out. Going from winning the Scottish Cup to trying to get players and fans up for playing in the First division again being one of them.

The 90+2
29-01-2019, 10:37 PM

There’s no arguement mate. Stubbs came in during doomsday freedall. Others came in after managers being consented.

In the general scheme of things when it comes to new managers Lennon came in at a brilliant time. Backed by everyone on a crest of a high.

Smartie
29-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Perhaps not an extremely difficult time but let’s be honest, can you name a manager in our recent history that came in at a better time to be our manager?

Tony Mowbray.

Bobby Williamson had blooded the golden generation.

Mowbray just had to add a little bit of quality and let them go out and play.

matty_f
29-01-2019, 10:39 PM
I'm struggling to see what Dempster has done wrong that would result in calls for her to go?

If there was an allegation made that required investigation, then it was right to suspend Lennon while that investigation took place.

If the investigation showed no wrong-doing then it doesn't mean it was wrong to investigate in the first place.

I've seen that situation many times, it's certainly not a situation where the person doing the suspending should be resigning.

That's mental.

FilipinoHibs
29-01-2019, 11:55 PM
There’s no arguement mate. Stubbs came in during doomsday freedall. Others came in after managers being consented.

In the general scheme of things when it comes to new managers Lennon came in at a brilliant time. Backed by everyone on a crest of a high.
And eventually with all that backing he screwed it up. Easy to manage a team that has 10 times every other teams' budget. Stubbs had a tough job but laid on a plate for Lennon.

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 12:02 AM
Tony Mowbray.

Bobby came in fighting relegation and budget cuts.

Mowbray came in with nothing and very little backing.

Lennon had all the backing in the world a massive support behind the club and very little to lose. To say he came in at a difficult part or on a hiding to nothing is mental.

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 12:05 AM
And eventually with all that backing he screwed it up. Easy to manage a team that has 10 times every other teams' budget. Stubbs had a tough job but laid on a plate for Lennon.

I agree with part of that he must have loved to be given the task of getting promoted with the team he was given and hearts and Rangers out the league in comparison with others saying that was Stubbs’ remit when I don’t believe it was. Lennon still done a good job for about 20 months. That can’t be taken away from him and a good legacy he’s left taking away leaving 8th in the table.

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 12:09 AM
Tony Mowbray.

Sorry I got your post wrong. When Bobby left and we lost that final crowds where shocking and it was the only time in my life I lost interest in us as a football club from day to day. I remember listening when Stotty announced it on forth 1 Mowbray was our new manager. Little expectation but never thought it would be easy. He took Bobby’s team and made them play football. Diss-service to Mowbray big time.

James Stephen
30-01-2019, 05:13 AM

I read the Galdbraith one, was good.

Taking over from Stubbs, club and fans still on cloud 9 after winning the cup, fans on an unusual high, early round of Europe fast approaching.

People often say dont follow a successful manager, Lennon did that and did it very well.

James Stephen
30-01-2019, 05:16 AM
Agree with most of that. Only thing I don’t think needs to be true is “Feel good factor is gone”. That one is for the fans to decide, obviously alongside good recruitment by Hibs. If we get a brilliant head coach after Lennon then why does the good times need to stop rolling?

Fair point, i was meaning merely that this is the first time we've been back to splits in support, arguments, scepticism and the old 'hibs are a shambles', including (and maybe especially, in the media).

calumhibee1
30-01-2019, 05:25 AM
I'm struggling to see what Dempster has done wrong that would result in calls for her to go?

If there was an allegation made that required investigation, then it was right to suspend Lennon while that investigation took place.

If the investigation showed no wrong-doing then it doesn't mean it was wrong to investigate in the first place.

I've seen that situation many times, it's certainly not a situation where the person doing the suspending should be resigning.

That's mental.

SMAXXA
30-01-2019, 05:29 AM

That's mental.

It’s the usual scattergun approach where everyone and anyone is blamed and hauled over hot coals in the absence of any real factual information for which we are very unlikely to ever be privy to.

Diclonius
30-01-2019, 06:47 AM
Departure to be confirmed today according to tabloids.

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2019, 06:51 AM
Departure to be confirmed today according to tabloids.

Hearing mutual consent

Onwards and upwards

The HIBS go marching on

Hibeesmad
30-01-2019, 06:58 AM
Would like hibs to also include in a statement that they are still actively looking to make signings

Greenworld
30-01-2019, 07:18 AM
Departure to be confirmed today according to tabloids.Great and a quick appointment of new manager a striker and onwards and upwards for the rest of the season

Had enough Neil lennon talk it's now History

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

neil7908
30-01-2019, 07:38 AM
Hearing mutual consent

Onwards and upwards

The HIBS go marching on

Very strange if it is mutual consent. To suspend someone implies wrongdoing (or alleged wrongdoing). Was that investigated and an outcome to that investigation reached?

It would make zero sense if we come out and say mutual consent. That might well be the best way for the club to avoid a nasty legal battle and possibly paying more compensation but there would be no logic to it.

Peevemor
30-01-2019, 07:44 AM
Very strange if it is mutual consent. To suspend someone implies wrongdoing (or alleged wrongdoing). Was that investigated and an outcome to that investigation reached?

It would make zero sense if we come out and say mutual consent. That might well be the best way for the club to avoid a nasty legal battle and possibly paying more compensation but there would be no logic to it.

Not at all. Something obviously happened. It could be that it's not a sackable offence but the relationship is gubbed, therefore the mutual consent.

Waxy
30-01-2019, 07:46 AM

That's mental.I doubt hardly any hibbys are having a pop at LD.Sometimes all is not what it seems.The equivelant would be some hibbys going onto the maroon website demanding budge goes for signing cathro.Anything to try and destabalise.

ElginHibbie
30-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Not at all. Something obviously happened. It could be that it's not a sackable offence but the relationship is gubbed, therefore the mutual consent.

And even if it was a sackable offence means they have come to some agreement that Lennon won't challenge it, we both keep it quiet and his reputation remains intact

we are hibs
30-01-2019, 07:54 AM

Let's be honest if a manager was ever want to come to hibs it was going to be after we won the Scottish cup. That high lasted months and months.

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2019, 07:54 AM

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17394225.neil-lennon-and-Hibernian-set-to-part-company-by-mutual-consent-this-week-following -talks/

Dont shoot the messenger

Just putting out there what was on SSN last night and corroborated in today’s press. :greengrin

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 07:56 AM

not at all strange - you've answered your own question. just a sensible commercial decision - rather than getting involved in lengthy legal battle - that may not be easy to win/prove.

Lets us move forward.

BSEJVT
30-01-2019, 07:58 AM

My guess would be that mutual consent allows Lennon to save reputation and Hibs to save money and not have to air the dirty laundry in public.

It gets it over and done with far quicker than a long drawn out legal battle and lets all parties move on with their futures.

Neil Lennon's time with Hibs was overall a great success but not without its challenges. he goes with my thanks and best wishes, but I have grown very tired of Hibs becoming a sub plot to the Neil Lennon experience.

Its time we got back to being Hibs without all the baggage that having Neil Lennon as a manager brought.

We will do very well to find as good a manager as him, but IMO his signing strategy has been very poor, the squad is hopelessly unbalanced and we have a lot of bang average players who we have paid and are paying far too much for.

Its a big rebuild job for whoever gets it and will take much longer than 1 or 2 transfer windows.

Whilst every team need experience we have lost the vim and vigour of Stubbs team and become a bit plodding and one paced in midfield

I don't think the defence got better under Stubbs or conversely has got worse under Lennon, I think the difference is they have been under far more pressure as the midfield has gone backwards massively and we give up far more of the ball than we ever used to.

Interesting times ahead.

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 08:02 AM
My guess would be that mutual consent allows Lennon to save reputation and Hibs to save money and not have to air the dirty laundry in public.

It gets it over and done with far quicker than a long drawn out legal battle and lets all parties move on with their futures.

Neil Lennon's time with Hibs was overall a great success but not without its challenges. he goes with my thanks and best wishes, but I have grown very tired of Hibs becoming a sub plot to the Neil Lennon experience.

Its time we got back to being Hibs without all the baggage that having Neil Lennon as a manager brought.

We will do very well to find as good a manager as him, but IMO his signing strategy has been very poor, the squad is hopelessly unbalanced and we have a lot of bang average players who we have paid and are paying far too much for.

Its a big rebuild job for whoever gets it and will take much longer than 1 or 2 transfer windows.

Whilst every team need experience we have lost the vim and vigour of Stubbs team and becoming a bit plodding and one paced in midfield

I don't think the defence got better under Stubbs or conversely has got worse under Lennon, I think the difference is they have been under far more pressure as the midfield has gone backwards massively and we give up far more of the ball than we ever used to.

Interesting times ahead.

good post - I like a number of elements - except the Lennon "sub-plot" stuff. I really don't agree with this point - The baggage around Lennon was most often created by those who drove bigotry and hate. The fact he was bold enough to call it out and stand up to it should be admired imho.

We do indeed need to move on - that chapter is over. But I'll never criticise Lennon for the "baggage" that came with him - always felt, even before he joined us, he called it out for what it was - bigotry and hatred.

Callum_62
30-01-2019, 08:11 AM
“Its understood...remainder of contract paid up in full”

Hardly screams a great deal for us

Wonder how accurate that is

I assumed the mutual consent was in exchange for a reduced payment

IngolstadtHarry
good post - I like a number of elements - except the Lennon "sub-plot" stuff. I really don't agree with this point - The baggage around Lennon was most often created by those who drove bigotry and hate. The fact he was bold enough to call it out and stand up to it should be admired imho.

We do indeed need to move on - that chapter is over. But I'll never criticise Lennon for the "baggage" that came with him - always felt, even before he joined us, he called it out for what it was - bigotry and hatred.

:top marks

Brizo

I think you have maybe answered your own question.

The suspension will have taken this to a place where legal process is the only way ahead for both parties. Lawyers would become involved and a time consuming and costly legal dispute would ensue, with the added possibility that certain information might come into the public domain that could damage future careers.

Instead by going down the mutual consent route Id suggest that both parties will sign up to what's a relatively quick and painless legal arrangement called a Compromise Agreement. As that name suggests the parties agree to part ways and Lennon receives a full and final negotiated payment on the basis that he and Hibs agree to abide by the confidentiality clause which will be an integral part of said Agreement.

BSEJVT
30-01-2019, 08:13 AM

We are at slightly cross purposes but I can see what you mean

By baggage I meant his constant spats with officialdom, the throat slit gesture in the first European game wasn't his finest hour, the constant moodiness, the never ending Celtic love in, his behaviour after Tynecastle last season and his Oliver Twist type attempts to coerce the board into yet more signings.

Imo he wasn't as well supported by the club as he should have been after Tynecastle in the last meeting there and his stance on bigotry and hatred should be applauded and supported by everyone.

He has also done an incredible amount of good work and shown great courage in his openness with his mental issues.

There is much to admire in Neil Lennon and its a shame the narrative has become a bit marmite over his qualities or failings.

For me though at the end of the day Neil Lennon is a figure passing through Hibs history as all are and I am happy to go back to it being more about Hibs and less about an individual.

bigwheel
30-01-2019, 08:18 AM
We are at slightly cross purposes but I can see what you mean

By baggage I meant his constant spats with officialdom, the throat slit gesture in the first European game wasn't his finest hour, the constant moodiness, the never ending Celtic love in, his behaviour after Tynecastle last season and his Oliver Twist type attempts to coerce the board into yet more signings.

Imo he wasn't as well supported by the club as he should have been after Tynecastle in the last meeting there and his stance on bigotry and hatred should be applauded and supported by everyone.

He has also done an incredible amount of good work and shown great courage in his openness with his mental issues.

There is much to admire in Neil Lennon and its a shame the narrative has become a bit marmite over his qualities or failings.

For me though at the end of the day Neil Lennon is a figure passing through Hibs history as all are and I am happy to go back to it being more about Hibs and less about an individual.

Thanks for expanding BJEJVT (what's that name about ? :) And now I see you're points - it does give more layers of the situation and I understand where you are coming from. Again, some really interesting thoughts..

I quite liked the big personality of Lennon - it often comes with big characters - He is a man with flaws and demons like us all..yet is perhaps bolder than most to face into them and be open. Think he is helpful for those who sometimes are battling some of these issues.

It certainly is all about the Hibs though - :aok::not worth

J-C
30-01-2019, 08:36 AM
I really don't understand why people can't get their heads around this mutual consent thing, to me it's pretty straightforward. Lennon overstepped the mark with his treatment of Flo and had a go at his boss Leeann. Now these 2 things aren't enough to sack him but it makes his ability to come back to work even more difficult. He's lost trust in a few players and cannot worked again with his boss, unlike other companies Lennon can't be moved to another department or office, so we pay him his due and wish him well.