View Full Version : Lennon gone??

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 11:36 PM
It is royal rumble weekend

Didn’t even think of that 😂😂

marinello59
25-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Lennon picking up a steal chair and Flo ducking and hitting Sir Dave has let rip on my imagination 😂😂😂

I’m sure I saw something similar on WWE Royal Rumble.

GillyHibee
25-01-2019, 11:37 PM
Cheery bye then

Is that to be funny, or is that because you know he’s been sacked? Hoping it’s the latter as your patter is poor.

GillyHibee
25-01-2019, 11:37 PM
This is a belter.

Explain?

SanFranHibs
25-01-2019, 11:38 PM
It is royal rumble weekend

Hopefully not among the pro-Lennon and anti-Lennon factions this weekend.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 11:38 PM
So the rumour is as followed

Lennon singles out players due to bad performances publicly

Players go in a huff and report to Leeann

Lennon gets word of this and kicks off

He chucks a chair at Gray but misses and hits another player

Kamberi spits at him and Lennon kicks **** out of him

Lennon is suspended

This is not my story I’m just putting together the rumours from twitter. Surely this never happened.

FFS! When did Quentin Tarantino start taking training?

Hibs90
25-01-2019, 11:39 PM
Explain?

Given nothing back in return except fees for Kamberi, Mallan, Horgan for starters.

Milligan on a good wage, signing guff like Mavrias, Nelom etc

Aye nothing back in return right enough.

Lex7zero
25-01-2019, 11:41 PM
I will never be back to ER if he has been sacked... a lot of folk blaming him, but at the end of the day, losing SJM, Allan, Mcgeoch, Efe, Cummings, to name but a few, and given nothing back in return does not help. “Biggest budget in hibs history” my back side. There seems to be a reoccurring theme here...and that’s the board.

Yer arse mate. The majority of Hibbys I know knew it was time for Lennon to go.
he had lost the players the fans and the board room. Yes Petrie remains the poison at the club but a blind man could tell you that Lennon had to go.

never be back at Easter Road if he has been sacked ( having a laugh) you obviously ain't watched the last 10 games.

Tommy Wright for me.

Billychaotic182
25-01-2019, 11:43 PM
FFS! When did Quentin Tarantino start taking training?

Would make for a class netflix documentary

Jones28
25-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Is that to be funny, or is that because you know he’s been sacked? Hoping it’s the latter as your patter is poor.

Oh no, I haven't a ****ing clue what's going on.

What we all know and what is demonstrably true is that Lennon was backed and his demands in the summer were met as far as the club could afford. Chastising the club and throwing away your season ticket when the club have A) backed the manager and B) have suspended him on what are appearing to be solid foundations is just sensationalist attention seeking.

wookie70
25-01-2019, 11:46 PM
So the rumour is as followed

Lennon singles out players due to bad performances publicly

Players go in a huff and report to Leeann

Lennon gets word of this and kicks off

He chucks a chair at Gray but misses and hits another player

Kamberi spits at him and Lennon kicks **** out of him

Lennon is suspended

This is not my story I’m just putting together the rumours from twitter. Surely this never happened.

You missed the bit about Lennon calling LD a clueless ******ing Dyke and with her in charge we will always be a two bob laughing stock. Make a decent twist before the final scene

The Modfather
25-01-2019, 11:47 PM
You honestly believe that?

We'll never get a manager better than Lennon.

Lennon has been good for us but let’s try to keep things in perspective. We will have other managers who will get us 4th and higher at some point in the future.

RIP
25-01-2019, 11:54 PM
Would it surprise anyone if Neil’s constant unprofessionalism ultimately was his undoing? Efe, McLaren, Milligan possibly Kamberi too all looking to get away?

I’ve been a people manager for over 30 years and neither I nor my peers have ever believed that constantly berating staff would be anything than counterproductive.

That’s before the sendings off and the embarrassment of falling to the turf at Tynie like he’d been shot!

Add in the atrocious results and what employer is going to tolerate that?

Callum_62
25-01-2019, 11:56 PM
the embarrassment of falling to the turf at Tynie like he’d been shot!

of all the things to dig him out over - that isnt one

21sMay
25-01-2019, 11:57 PM
Heard it is as simple as another threat from Lennon saying he would walk if a certain player wasn't signed . Hibs took appropriate action . Can't be held to ransom all the time

Callum_62
25-01-2019, 11:58 PM
Heard it is as simple as another threat from Lennon saying he would walk if a certain player wasn't signed . Hibs took appropriate action . Can't be held to ransom all the time

about time someone demanded we show some *****g ambition

Our squad is paper thin and we are still pissing about with 5 days of the window to go

I do doubt thats the reason though

hibeerealist
26-01-2019, 12:03 AM
Correct.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Get a life FFS you snowflake!!!

26-01-2019, 12:04 AM

What is your source? I can't see LD suspending him in those circumstances, when she could just call his bluff and say "the player isn't being signed, resignation accepted."

21sMay
26-01-2019, 12:10 AM
What is your source? I can't see LD suspending him in those circumstances, when she could just call his bluff and say "the player isn't being signed, resignation accepted."

The 'source' is actually someone very close to a defender at Easter road. What I was told included a striker and efe ambrose. It may be a lot of bull but would make sense

truehibernian
26-01-2019, 12:11 AM
I think there needs to be calm and people need to rationalise where things have developed.

Last season Neil had run in's with refs and also at Tynecastle (half time) and at full time his behaviour was unacceptable. After Tynecastle, to come out and say 'I need to look at my position' and 'I do that every season' made him appear bigger than the club - he is not. He backed down because I think he knew within himself he had been rash and overlooked what a tremendous fist we had made of the season and trying to get second.

This season it was inevitable we would lose McGinn and Dylan - they had outgrown the club due to good performances and that is what clubs and coaches do in this league - they develop players for profit so it can be reinvested. Sad fact is Neil hasn't bought well this year and not replaced these players with players who can be developed the same way. He has again fallen foul of referees and lambasted good players in public - not once, but a few times. He also went awol and didn't do press duties for a period which people gave him allowance for because he may have been feeling it behind the scenes. However he came back and resorted to the same behaviour. The Hearts game was the 'clincher' for me - we played poorly, he reacted with little class however you simply cannot condone the idiot who threw the coin - but his behaviour in that game, and at Tynecastle last season (last game) was not becoming of a professional manager - sorry, but it wasn't.

This year he has deflected blame and whilst at times I have sympathised with him and agreed with him on injuries, he has continued to be belligerent and dour. He has not picked sides or formations according to form, indeed, he has in my opinion made efforts to prove he needs more players rather than actually try and win games with the best he has got - that's my personal view. You cannot try and make points like that and expect the board to buckle. He has had a lot of money and he has been backed.

The club, when you see behind the scenes on matchday, has no verve, life or optimism. That comes from the manager and backroom team, and I point the finger at Parker mostly too for that.

I commented after the Motherwell game that you rarely see the pair of them coach during games - they shout, rant and bawl. The drip drip drip effect of that is that players switch off and close their ears - the same as Hearts players did to Cathro (opposite effect, he was timid and wasn't respected) - but the same applies, players lose respect for a manager like that.

The one thing I would criticise Leeann for (and others) is not stepping up and communicating - Lennon is perhaps not used to being criticised himself, perhaps not used to someone coming out and saying 'the results are not good enough and we as a board recognise that' - he isn't a man who takes criticism well and the board have been lax in not gently reminding him of his duties to win matches. If he can publicly call out players, he has to expect his employers to demand results too.

He wears his heart on his sleeve and he is Jeckyll and Hyde - but in modern football, as we see regularly, you have to adopt a more positive coaching style these days as that is what the modern player expects and reacts to best. You can argue the logic and semantics of that until the cows come home, some still think the 'hair dryer' treatment is the way forward to get reactions - it's not if it's continual. It becomes counter-productive and for me this is what has happened and this is the point we have come to.

Hibs are bigger than Neil Lennon. Simple as that. The players need to take some responsibility for results as they are the ones who cross the white line. But for me, this has been bubbling away for a good while and was expected. When you have an open cheque book, management is a lot easier - as he found at Celtic. When you are in the same hunting ground for players as your rivals, you need to have savvy, coach well, and manage better. Neil is being found out - again, only my opinion.

What I do hope is that the club take stock of the success both Stubbs and Lennon have had and don't fall back into the old habits. This should be a fresh slate, akin to when Stubbs arrived after Butcher - the resemblance (of situation) is striking.

Lex7zero
26-01-2019, 12:13 AM
Would it surprise anyone if Neil’s constant unprofessionalism ultimately was his undoing? Efe, McLaren, Milligan possibly Kamberi too all looking to get away?

I’ve been a people manager for over 30 years and neither I nor my peers have ever believed that constantly berating staff would be anything than counterproductive.

That’s before the sendings off and the embarrassment of falling to the turf at Tynie like he’d been shot!

Add in the atrocious results and what employer is going to tolerate that?

Spot on. Totally agree. At least with him going we have half a chance at getting close to top 6.

i fully expect a rejuvenated and relieved squad to win tomorrow. Get your money on Kamberi
for winner.

sorrow sorrow
26-01-2019, 12:16 AM
Neil Lennon thank you

CapitalGreen
26-01-2019, 12:17 AM
I think there needs to be calm and people need to rationalise where things have developed.

Last season Neil had run in's with refs and also at Tynecastle (half time) and at full time his behaviour was unacceptable. After Tynecastle, to come out and say 'I need to look at my position' and 'I do that every season' made him appear bigger than the club - he is not. He backed down because I think he knew within himself he had been rash and overlooked what a tremendous fist we had made of the season and trying to get second.

This season it was inevitable we would lose McGinn and Dylan - they had outgrown the club due to good performances and that is what clubs and coaches do in this league - they develop players for profit so it can be reinvested. Sad fact is Neil hasn't bought well this year and not replaced these players with players who can be developed the same way. He has again fallen foul of referees and lambasted good players in public - not once, but a few times. He also went awol and didn't do press duties for a period which people gave him allowance for because he may have been feeling it behind the scenes. However he came back and resorted to the same behaviour. The Hearts game was the 'clincher' for me - we played poorly, he reacted with little class however you simply cannot condone the idiot who threw the coin - but his behaviour in that game, and at Tynecastle last season (last game) was not becoming of a professional manager - sorry, but it wasn't.

This year he has deflected blame and whilst at times I have sympathised with him and agreed with him on injuries, he has continued to be belligerent and dour. He has not picked sides or formations according to form, indeed, he has in my opinion made efforts to prove he needs more players rather than actually try and win games with the best he has got - that's my personal view. You cannot try and make points like that and expect the board to buckle. He has had a lot of money and he has been backed.

The club, when you see behind the scenes on matchday, has no verve, life or optimism. That comes from the manager and backroom team, and I point the finger at Parker mostly too for that.

I commented after the Motherwell game that you rarely see the pair of them coach during games - they shout, rant and bawl. The drip drip drip effect of that is that players switch off and close their ears - the same as Hearts players did to Cathro (opposite effect, he was timid and wasn't respected) - but the same applies, players lose respect for a manager like that.

The one thing I would criticise Leeann for (and others) is not stepping up and communicating - Lennon is perhaps not used to being criticised himself, perhaps not used to someone coming out and saying 'the results are not good enough and we as a board recognise that' - he isn't a man who takes criticism well and the board have been lax in not gently reminding him of his duties to win matches. If he can publicly call out players, he has to expect his employers to demand results too.

He wears his heart on his sleeve and he is Jeckyll and Hyde - but in modern football, as we see regularly, you have to adopt a more positive coaching style these days as that is what the modern player expects and reacts to best. You can argue the logic and semantics of that until the cows come home, some still think the 'hair dryer' treatment is the way forward to get reactions - it's not if it's continual. It becomes counter-productive and for me this is what has happened and this is the point we have come to.

Hibs are bigger than Neil Lennon. Simple as that. The players need to take some responsibility for results as they are the ones who cross the white line. But for me, this has been bubbling away for a good while and was expected. When you have an open cheque book, management is a lot easier - as he found at Celtic. When you are in the same hunting ground for players as your rivals, you need to have savvy, coach well, and manage better. Neil is being found out - again, only my opinion.

What I do hope is that the club take stock of the success both Stubbs and Lennon have had and don't fall back into the old habits. This should be a fresh slate, akin to when Stubbs arrived after Butcher - the resemblance (of situation) is striking.

This is an excellent post and aligns with my thoughts on a number of issues.

Mr Grieves
26-01-2019, 12:23 AM

You've made a few excellent points the last few days :aok:

tamig
26-01-2019, 12:25 AM
This is an excellent post and aligns with my thoughts on a number of issues.

I'll second that :aok:

May21/05/16
26-01-2019, 12:34 AM
That's me finished with hibs I've just cancelled my subs to hsl and my family can have my season ticket if the rumours are true then that's me had enough Lennon is the best manager since Turnbull and the board has not matched his ambitions

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hibs90
26-01-2019, 12:38 AM
That's me finished with hibs I've just cancelled my subs to hsl and my family can have my season ticket if the rumours are true then that's me had enough Lennon is the best manager since Turnbull and the board has not matched his ambitions

Prove it.

Hibs90
26-01-2019, 12:39 AM
If you think this place is mental, I think the Facebook groups top it by a mile :faf:

Jones28
26-01-2019, 12:40 AM
If you think this place is mental, I think the Facebook groups top it by a mile :faf:

At least here there is an element of anonymity.

On Facebook everyone can see you've got two ugly kids and a **** kitchen.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Got a text from a mate about two hours ago telling me about this and thought it was a joke.

FWIW …. I like NL, but all this talk of him being irreplaceable is utter nonsense, He won the championship with the undisputed best squad in that league and took us to 4th in the premiership with arguably the best midfield in the league that season. That's decent, but its not as if he won the bloody premiership.

I'm not sure Stubbs or Strachan would be suitable replacements at this stage … for me Strachan is the type who will walk if things aren't going his way, perhaps Stubbs on a 6 month deal to see if he still has it, but I would be squeaky bummed at a two year deal at the outset. Forget Steve Clark, the guy has pulled off a minor miracle at Killie and richer clubs than us will be looking at him, he wont be short of offers in the summer and he knows it.

As for this situation. Who knows what happened, but given NL's constant berating of his players in public and especially Kamberi I wouldn't be at all surprised if his latest rant at them ( if that is what happened ) resulted in a reaction …. I could also understand why the likes of David Gray might be a little agitated to see Whittaker having a stinker at Motherwell and still being left stewing on the bench and other players expressing annoyance at his weird tactics and playing them out of position and that all came out.

The other thing that may have been thrown into the mix in a heated argument is the Ryan Porteous situation. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw an EEN report today saying Hibs were thinking of sending him for a scan on his knee and possibly referring him to a specialist. This is a highly promising young player whose knee popped out 3 times in one game …. Am I to believe that Hibs didn't send him for a scan when that happened … considering what happened on Wednesday night perhaps a few more senior players questioned that as well when the **** hit the fan.

This isn't the 70s … managers can still bawl out players, but if its constant with no results to show for it on the park and its followed by raised hands there can only be one outcome.

This is all conjecture of course because nobody actually knows the full story from what I can see …. the bottom line is I only posted about this so I could get my first sentence in and folk can see I actually do have mates :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2019, 12:52 AM

:faf:

26-01-2019, 12:56 AM
The 'source' is actually someone very close to a defender at Easter road. What I was told included a striker and efe ambrose. It may be a lot of bull but would make sense

Okay, thanks. I appreciate you passing on what you've heard.

The story is certainly out of control with a lot of rumours flying about, most of them probably either complete BS or greatly exaggerated/embellished.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 12:57 AM

You won’t find a better post on here the past or the next 4 hours. Fantastic evaluation.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 01:02 AM

Lennon is your hero and you’re done with hibs but your user name was masterminded by another manager? No bother. As said we are bigger than any manager.

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2019, 01:17 AM
the foul-mouthed drunks are finally on i see

Cardinal G
26-01-2019, 01:55 AM

Amongst all the rubbish being spouted and rumour upon rumour being shared we finally have a level headed common sense post.
Personally I'm gutted it's ending this way, writing has been on the wall for a while, Neils baffling tactics and player selection these past nine months coupled with his own mental health demons has led us sadly to this parting of the ways.
Been a roller coaster of a ride which I have enjoyed highly at times and can reflect on some good times watching my team match the old firm on numerous occasions and saw us build on that glorious sunny day on 21st May.
We mustn't let all this become undone over the remainder of the season and have to hope that Leanne and the board are able to put a plan and succession in place.

DetroitHibs
26-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Prove it.

I agree, the board haven't met his ambition. We started the campaign with Neil saying he wanted more players, yet didn't get them. Someone behind the scenes thought a team challenging for at least a top forth position, Europe and two cups, thought starting the season with two forwards and a development striker was adequate. Then as the season unfolds we are the only team in the league scrambling after foreign free agents which two of them have barely kicked a ball.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 02:13 AM
I agree, the board haven't met his ambition. We started the campaign with Neil saying he wanted more players, yet didn't get them. Someone behind the scenes thought a team challenging for at least a top forth position, Europe and two cups, thought starting the season with two forwards and a development striker was adequate. Then as the season unfolds we are the only team in the league scrambling after foreign free agents which two of them have barely kicked a ball.

Are you privy to events behind the scenes of merely idly spreading non informed non itk opinion?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

madhatter
26-01-2019, 02:15 AM
Shattered from work so fell asleep early to wake up in the middle of the night to this...

Sorry but Hibs should’ve got rid in the summer for me. Lennon used to sound like he enjoyed it at Hibs but then it descended into beratings and general constant moaning. There is ambition and then there is just plain stupidity. Only have one senior striker and decides to constantly pick on him and say he is not playing well enough publicly virtually every week.

Anyway, I’m still none the wiser of what actually went on. Whittaker sacked as well potentially (punched a teammate?) and Lennon throwing chairs at players or some other mental reason. I’d like to know how it escalated to this, Leeann should have stepped in before it reached this stage. We all could tell something hasn’t been right for months.

DetroitHibs
26-01-2019, 02:17 AM
Are you privy to events behind the scenes of merely idly spreading non informed non itk opinion?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Here are the facts. Lennon wanted more bodies and didn't get them before the last window closed.

tamig
26-01-2019, 02:17 AM

What are you on about man? How do you know what happens behind the scenes. If NL decided to spend his budget on bringing in Mark Milligan rather than another striker, is that the boards fault?

tamig
26-01-2019, 02:19 AM
Here are the facts. Lennon wanted more bodies and didn't get them before the last window closed.

Probably because the budget was spent on what he did bring in or because players chose not to join us because we couldn’t meet their demands. Who’s fault?

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 02:22 AM

You're facts only it appears as you've supplied zero evidence.

As i thought. Merely your'e own idle gossip.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

DetroitHibs
26-01-2019, 02:26 AM
You're facts only it appears as you've supplied zero evidence.

As i thought. Merely your'e own idle gossip.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I watched and listened to the interview with Lennon with my own eyes and ears. If you think I'm trawling back through all his interviews to appease you, your mental.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2019, 02:44 AM
I watched and listened to the interview with Lennon with my own eyes and ears. If you think I'm trawling back through all his interviews to appease you, your mental.

Did Lenny actually state that 'someone behind the scenes actually thought the team challenging for at least a top fourth position, Europe and two cups, starting the season with two forwards and a development striker was adequate' because these are the words you used.

Every manager wants more bodies in and better quality players but you stated the paragraph above to afford credence that the 'board were to blame'.

Did Lenny state what you alleged? Or was it your own not itk non informed opinion or not?

I'm happy to apologise if he did.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

madhatter
26-01-2019, 02:48 AM
Feel for Gauld and Omeonga, must feel they’ve joined a basket case of a club...

Nutmegged
26-01-2019, 03:17 AM
Lennon walked out on Celtic when he feelt he wasn't being backed,if he could do that with 'his' team in a period where they couldn't not win titles then I have no doubt he'd walk out on us if he wasn't being backed.

truehibernian
26-01-2019, 03:24 AM
Lennon walked out on Celtic when he feelt he wasn't being backed,if he could do that with 'his' team in a period where they couldn't not win titles then I have no doubt he'd walk out on us if he wasn't being backed.

And Celtic went on to prove that they could go on without him and be successful - Hibs will do likewise :aok:

No man (or woman) is bigger than the football club - ever :agree:

DetroitHibs
26-01-2019, 03:38 AM
Did Lenny actually state that 'someone behind the scenes actually thought the team challenging for at least a top fourth position, Europe and two cups, starting the season with two forwards and a development striker was adequate' because these are the words you used.

Every manager wants more bodies in and better quality players but you stated the paragraph above to afford credence that the 'board were to blame'.

Did Lenny state what you alleged? Or was it your own not itk non informed opinion or not?

I'm happy to apologise if he did.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

No he didn't say that. What he said was he wanted more players before the window closed. Now surely anyone that's running a football club knows we need at least one more attacking player. We were forced to play Boyle up front in many games, and that's just not his position.

We also know that Lennons been banging on about needing more up front and expected that position to be filled in this window. To go in to the St Mirren game without an extra forward is criminal IMO. We can agree to disagree, but I honestly think the club will never truly reach its full potential as long as Petrie is overseeing us.

FilipinoHibs
26-01-2019, 03:53 AM
I'll second that :aok:

Agree and sad NL has made us look a laughing stock.

bingo70
26-01-2019, 04:02 AM

Seems pretty clear to me he had lost the dressing room and the relationship was broken beyond repair.

He wasn’t going to get to replace the whole squad so if that’s the case I think the board were right not to back him.

WeeRussell
26-01-2019, 04:26 AM
Still totally lost as to how the ‘backing him’ and Petrie nonsense has suddenly reared it’s head over rumours that Lennon is on his way out!!! I was a fan of Lennon too but we can’t just start pedalling out the old blame Petrie pish to make excuses for him because we like him more than other managers. The backing him thing wasn’t a thing in November/December during our slump.

What a lot of absolute sh**e. Argue all you like about whether he should still be our manager or not but the mindless ‘backing him’ and linking it to petrie is mental, even for hibs.net.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-01-2019, 04:28 AM
Que sera sera.

Got us up, done a good job consolidating. Bit of a shambles this season and has struggled to put his mark on the team.

He's not irreplacable.

That's how I feel too.

Kojock
26-01-2019, 05:05 AM
The King is dead, Long live the King. GGTTH
Great to see the Dubai team bonding trip working wonders.

neil7908
26-01-2019, 05:15 AM
The King is dead, Long live the King. GGTTH

And we thought Portugal in 2018 was a disaster!

MrSmith
26-01-2019, 05:27 AM
Here we go again eh?!

honestly, my passion for hibs is dwindling and now feel time spent in the pub discussing politics is more worthwhile.

The club is a shambles again.

Greenbeard
26-01-2019, 05:33 AM
Here we go again eh?!

honestly, my passion for hibs is dwindling and now feel time spent in the pub discussing politics is more worthwhile.

Do you support Hibs the club, or just this particular team or this manager? If the latter, cheerio.

Barney McGrew
26-01-2019, 05:43 AM

Maybe it did, from the point of view of the squad. There’s a only so much poor man management a group of people can take before they start to bite back, and maybe they collectively decided enough was enough.

Bangkok Hibby
26-01-2019, 05:48 AM
Maybe it did, from the point of view of the squad. There’s a only so much poor man management a group of people can take before they start to bite back, and maybe they collectively decided enough was enough.

Sky news reporting a training ground bust up. It not beyond the realms of possibility that the players are indeed sticking together as a group and have had enough. None of us know exactly what happened and only my opinion but I'll stick with it for the moment.

heretoday
26-01-2019, 05:55 AM
It's swings and roundabouts time again!

Ray_
26-01-2019, 05:56 AM
Probably because the budget was spent on what he did bring in or because players chose not to join us because we couldn’t meet their demands. Who’s fault?

If what the club budgeted for is what we went in to this season with then they do not deserve the support they have been getting, we were well short and everybody could see it.

SquashedFrogg
26-01-2019, 05:59 AM

Strange post.

Brizo
26-01-2019, 05:59 AM
We will probably never know the full facts but if the relationship between Lenny and the Board / Lenny and the players has broken down to the extent that he is away, its probably the case that a certain amount of blame can be apportioned to Lennon, the Board and the players.

Lennon gave us two very entertaining seasons but this season the vibe (to use young person speak) has been all wrong and in that regard I include LD who has gone from open and transparent to invisible.

In all my years watching us we seem incapable of sustaining any prolonged period of success (and by that I mean three or four seasons in the 2nd - 4th spots in the top league) and that shouldn't be beyond a club with our resources and fanbase. Underachieving and self imploding have characterised us for decades.

Thanks Lenny, you werent here long but last season was one of the more enjoyable and entertaining ones watching Hibs.

Ps don't know how smilie at top of post got there but not meant to be, old man new technology !

BlackSheep
26-01-2019, 06:00 AM
I went to bed last night hoping for clarity of this mess in the morning....

I’m guessing nothing has been confirmed yet?

WeeRussell
26-01-2019, 06:05 AM

Only confirmation from those of us able to state facts without having a clue, unfortunately.

MrSmith
26-01-2019, 06:06 AM
Do you support Hibs the club, or just this particular team or this manager? If the latter, cheerio.

So, this is what it comes to? Get a grip!

BILLYHIBS
26-01-2019, 06:10 AM
Here we go again eh?!

No one said it was easy being a HIBS supporter

If you and your drinking buddies could sort out Brexit for us that would be fair dinkum ! :greengrin

SMAXXA
26-01-2019, 06:11 AM

It’s 7am lol let them have their 9 hours and their continental breakfast first

Betty Boop
26-01-2019, 06:12 AM
And Celtic went on to prove that they could go on without him and be successful - Hibs will do likewise :aok:

No man (or woman) is bigger than the football club - ever :agree:
This 100% :flag:

MrSmith
26-01-2019, 06:12 AM
No one said it was easy being a HIBS supporter

If you and your drinking buddies could sort out Brexit for us that would be fair dinkum ! :greengrin

in my near 50 years of supporting hibs, it never has been! :na na: I can only think of two ways of resolving brexit! :cb

BILLYHIBS
26-01-2019, 06:17 AM
in my near 50 years of supporting hibs, it never has been! :na na: I can only think of two ways of resolving brexit! :cb

I am sixty years of following HIBS but nevertheless would be eager to hear your two proposed solutions for solving Brexit ??

MrSmith
26-01-2019, 06:23 AM
I am sixty years of following HIBS but nevertheless would be eager to hear your two proposed solutions for solving Brexit ??

Independence is one, the other is too violent!

BILLYHIBS
26-01-2019, 06:33 AM
Independence is one, the other is too violent!

Hmmmmmm!

Thank god you are not being tasked with selecting the next HIBS Manager if indeed that pans out to be the final endgame to our current shambles ! :greengrin

MrSmith
26-01-2019, 06:37 AM
Hmmmmmm!

Thank god you are not being tasked with selecting the next HIBS Manager if indeed that pans out to be the final endgame to our current shambles ! :greengrin

How come?

ps, I’m an atheist. A fairy story does not affect real life ��

JimboHibs
26-01-2019, 06:41 AM
So, this is what it comes to? Get a grip!

Ill throw that back to you ...So,this is what it comes to ? Discussing politics in the pub .Get a grip!

Niffy
26-01-2019, 06:41 AM
You honestly believe that?

We'll never get a manager better than Lennon.

You’ve seen the league table yeah ?

MrSmith
26-01-2019, 06:50 AM
Ill throw that back to you ...So,this is what it comes to ? Discussing politics in the pub .Get a grip!

Its called disappointment.

chrisski33
26-01-2019, 06:58 AM

Bye then

1two
26-01-2019, 07:04 AM
Generally football managers aren’t dismissed, they are paid off.
Could LD be lining up for dismissal rather than paying off? Would tie in with some of the rumours

J-C
26-01-2019, 07:07 AM
Generally football managers aren’t dismissed, they are paid off.
Could LD be lining up for dismissal rather than paying off? Would tie in with some of the rumours

If it's gross misconduct it could be a dismissal, if the chair throwing rumours are true then he's a goner.

BlackSheep
26-01-2019, 07:10 AM
So... trying to catch up here...

I’ve heard... Kamberi spitting at Lennon, fisty cuffs follow...
Lennon throwing chairs....
Player revolt....
NL and LD going head to head....

Have I missed anything out....?

Hibs90
26-01-2019, 07:13 AM

Player revolt....

Lennon is a god.

1two
26-01-2019, 07:14 AM

Player revolt....

Yes, Ian Murray was seen on a number 26 bus half an hour after this all came out

greenpaper55
26-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Scotsman reporting that Hibs are frantically trying to get someone to take the team on Sunday as the back room staff have backed the manager and won't take the team !

J-C
26-01-2019, 07:19 AM
Scotsman reporting that Hibs are frantically trying to get someone to take the team on Sunday as the back room staff have backed the manager and won't take the team !

If they've all backed him then **** them, plenty decent coaches out there

GreenCastle
26-01-2019, 07:20 AM
Positives that might come from this..

Kamberi returns to form.
Gray is picked.
Efe ? Maybe he stays ?
Mallan shows early season form?
Players get played in position (Slivka / Hanlon).

We get a balanced squad ?

We get more connection with the club again.

Though saying that timing isn’t right ideal near the end of the transfer window and Lennons record since he started was pretty good - except the last 14 games which if it has been anyone else may not have lasted as long.

Hibs have a real challenge making the top 6 - Sunday’s game will be interesting to see player attitude / reaction and team / tactics. Top 6 important for finances and future ST sales.

Northernhibee
26-01-2019, 07:21 AM
If they've all backed him then **** them, plenty decent coaches out there

Yep, if that’s the case Parker can **** off and not return too.

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 07:22 AM

Good considered opinion think you are spot on.

ronaldo7
26-01-2019, 07:22 AM
Got a text from a mate about two hours ago telling me about this and thought it was a joke.

FWIW …. I like NL, but all this talk of him being irreplaceable is utter nonsense, He won the championship with the undisputed best squad in that league and took us to 4th in the premiership with arguably the best midfield in the league that season. That's decent, but its not as if he won the bloody premiership.

I'm not sure Stubbs or Strachan would be suitable replacements at this stage … for me Strachan is the type who will walk if things aren't going his way, perhaps Stubbs on a 6 month deal to see if he still has it, but I would be squeaky bummed at a two year deal at the outset. Forget Steve Clark, the guy has pulled off a minor miracle at Killie and richer clubs than us will be looking at him, he wont be short of offers in the summer and he knows it.

As for this situation. Who knows what happened, but given NL's constant berating of his players in public and especially Kamberi I wouldn't be at all surprised if his latest rant at them ( if that is what happened ) resulted in a reaction …. I could also understand why the likes of David Gray might be a little agitated to see Whittaker having a stinker at Motherwell and still being left stewing on the bench and other players expressing annoyance at his weird tactics and playing them out of position and that all came out.

The other thing that may have been thrown into the mix in a heated argument is the Ryan Porteous situation. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw an EEN report today saying Hibs were thinking of sending him for a scan on his knee and possibly referring him to a specialist. This is a highly promising young player whose knee popped out 3 times in one game …. Am I to believe that Hibs didn't send him for a scan when that happened … considering what happened on Wednesday night perhaps a few more senior players questioned that as well when the **** hit the fan.

This isn't the 70s … managers can still bawl out players, but if its constant with no results to show for it on the park and its followed by raised hands there can only be one outcome.

This is all conjecture of course because nobody actually knows the full story from what I can see …. the bottom line is I only posted about this so I could get my first sentence in and folk can see I actually do have mates :greengrin

Porteous had his scan on Thursday, and saw a specialist yesterday.

Fergos
26-01-2019, 07:23 AM

And you know this from watching interviews.....as if what goes on behind the scenes would be discussed in the media......quite how you can state the word “facts” in your post is only your guess, and guess would be far nearer the mark, not facts - as you don’t know them.

Since90+2
26-01-2019, 07:24 AM

George Craig could take the team surely?

greenpaper55
26-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Yep, if that’s the case Parker can **** off and not return too.

Some reports have Parker suspended as well, we need a statement from the club to clear the air and stop all the speculation.

GreenCastle
26-01-2019, 07:27 AM
Some reports have Parker suspended as well, we need a statement from the club to clear the air and stop all the speculation.

A statement won’t say much except

Lennon and staff won’t take team Sunday -............. will take team. Full focus is on Sunday and we will communicate more next week.

We won’t get any juicy details.

Since90+2
26-01-2019, 07:28 AM

The club won't be saying anything publicly until they have everything water tight from a HR process perspective and if they do it will be a one line sentence.

They don't really have any other option.

marinello59
26-01-2019, 07:28 AM

Frantically? 😂
You would expect Lennon’s team to be loyal to him and not take charge. A bit of loyalty towards the club paying their wages would be nice though. If a member of the coaching staff doesn’t fancy it then a senior player will be in charge tomorrow.

Golden Bear
26-01-2019, 07:29 AM

Great post.

:top marks

mjhibby
26-01-2019, 07:29 AM
Not wanting to add to the conspiracy theories but an acquaintance of mine told me a few weeks ago that all was not well at er and a few folk have left. Dismissed it as speculation but someone else whose daughter works at er said atmosphere not great. Dempster seems to have been calming the waters but nobody has come out and said what is the issue. We will find our soon enough I guess.

SMAXXA
26-01-2019, 07:30 AM
I’ve never actually for why that plum Eddie May is in the dug out on match days and to a lesser degree grant Murray. I’ve also found it a bit strange it’s only ever been Lennon and Parker and they haven’t brought in their own backroom staff.

If that’s something driven by Hibs well I think it’s wrong all managers need to have their own team around them imo. Don’t get me wrong not saying this is the reason for our problems just an observation

JimboHibs
26-01-2019, 07:30 AM

As if a statement will stop all the speculation,this place will go into meltdown speculating about the statement.

Scotty Leither
26-01-2019, 07:31 AM
George Craig could take the team surely?

The team talk would last about three hours if that happened.

DetroitHibs
26-01-2019, 07:31 AM
And you know this from watching interviews.....as if what goes on behind the scenes would be discussed in the media......quite how you can state the word “facts” in your post is only your guess, and guess would be far nearer the mark, not facts - as you don’t know them.

Lennon stated in an interview, speaking English that he wanted 1-2 more players before the window closed. Yes I can state that as a fact. I saw it and heard it. This was in the summer. Lennon also stated on more than one occasion BEFORE the January window opened, that he needed another forward and hoped to have 2-3 bodies away to Dubai. Yes this is another fact. Lennon also didn't get this. So what the people in charge of recruitment left Lennon with, was one forward(Kamberi) who for the past few months has been pony(not fact, just my opinion) and Shaw. So we started the second half of the season well short of numbers and badly lacking up front.

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 07:32 AM

Don't believe that for a minute guys like may and Murray need to look after their own careers.

DetroitHibs
26-01-2019, 07:33 AM

**** it, let Tam McCourt take the team. One time :greengrin

Golden Bear
26-01-2019, 07:34 AM
These wouldn't really solve brexit.
If Scotland was to gain independence from the uk it would not have a place within the EU.
While it is said we could join and we'd get in, the first step would be to have a referendum.

Putting aside the fact that the Previous EU referendum was aimed at the people of the U.K. And not regions or countries, meaning Scotland didn't vote to remain as some would have you believe.
1.6m scots voted remain
1m scots voted leave
1.2m scots didn't vote

There is no way of telling how a Scottish EU vote would go.

I'm not sure what you alluded to with the violence part but any violence wouldn't be scots against the UK, it would be scots against scots against the UK.

In my opinion of course

Off you go to the Holy Ground!

The subject of this thread is Neil Lennon's suspension and lets keep it that way please.

JimBHibees
Porteous had his scan on Thursday, and saw a specialist yesterday.

Think what he is saying is why didn't he get checked out after Livingston game.

ronaldo7
A statement won’t say much except

Lennon and staff won’t take team Sunday -............. will take team. Full focus is on Sunday and we will communicate more next week.

We won’t get any juicy details.

Maybe the club are happy to stay middle to bottom of the statement league...for now.

marinello59
I’ve never actually for why that plum Eddie May is in the dug out on match days and to a lesser degree grant Murray. I’ve also found it a bit strange it’s only ever been Lennon and Parker and they haven’t brought in their own backroom staff.

If that’s something driven by Hibs well I think it’s wrong all managers need to have their own team around them imo. Don’t get me wrong not saying this is the reason for our problems just an observation

Their own team? Who do you think they should have replaced? I’m assuming you are not suggesting that every manager replaces the entire back room staff.

Hibs90
26-01-2019, 07:35 AM
Not wanting to add to the conspiracy theories but an acquaintance of mine told me a few weeks ago that all was not well at er and a few folk have left. Dismissed it as speculation but someone else whose daughter works at er said atmosphere not great. Dempster seems to have been calming the waters but nobody has come out and said what is the issue. We will find our soon enough I guess.

Don't want to add to the theories but you will do it anyway :faf:

ronaldo7
26-01-2019, 07:35 AM
Think what he is saying is why didn't he get checked out after Livingston game.

Yup, most of us could see he was toiling.

SMAXXA
26-01-2019, 07:37 AM
Their own team? Who do you think they should have replaced? I’m assuming you are not suggesting that every manager replaces the entire back room staff.

That’s exactly what I’m suggesting, manager owns the football domain and needs his own people around him who he trusts. Not here’s the job you get x y and z as part of your management team aswell.

That’s my opinion anyway

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 07:38 AM

Agree only manager and assistant required imo possibly at max another coach but no way Hibs should be allowing manager to bring huge entourage of staff like Guardiola has.

SMAXXA
26-01-2019, 07:39 AM
Agree only manager and assistant required imo possibly at max another coach but no way Hibs should be allowing manager to bring huge entourage of staff like Guardiola has.

Why?

marinello59
**** it, let Tam McCourt take the team. One time :greengrin

Gets my vote. :greengrin

highland hibbee
Yup, most of us could see he was toiling.

That wee sports presenter on BBC1 has just said that Hibs have suspended Neil Lennon and he is unlikely to be take charge of the team again. Sad that it’s ended this way.

green day
26-01-2019, 07:40 AM
That’s exactly what I’m suggesting, manager owns the football domain and needs his own people around him who he trusts. Not here’s the job you get x y and z as part of your management team aswell.

That’s my opinion anyway

They are part of the clubs coaching team, not Lennons management team. There is a difference.

Also, in a situation such as we have today, if they entire staff left "with the manager" we would really be up **** creek, that would be bad management and planning by Hibs.

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 07:41 AM

That’s my opinion anyway

Within reason you would assume Lennon was happy with set up. Stubbs had assistant and coach but don't think Hibs had the structure in place at that time Absolutely vital a manager has people he can trust which makes it more bizarre the Calderwood and Adams set up.

stoneyburn hibs
26-01-2019, 07:41 AM
What's all this " I'm finished with Hibs " chat ?
Get a grip ffs.

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 07:43 AM
Why?

Cost. He will have a budget and if happy with back up coaches there then why not. Maybe could have had Parker and another coach but assume he was ok with set up.

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 07:44 AM
Get a grip ffs.

My guess would be trolls.

Northernhibee
26-01-2019, 07:44 AM
Get a grip ffs.
Yep, people who support Hibs continue to do so through thick and thin. ***** patter if we’ve suspended him for what would appear very valid reasons and they’re done with the club.

SMAXXA
26-01-2019, 07:46 AM
They are part of the clubs coaching team, not Lennons management team. There is a difference.

Also, in a situation such as we have today, if they entire staff left "with the manager" we would really be up **** creek, that would be bad management and planning by Hibs.

I disagree and I think when a manager leaves unless its his own accord the coaching staff should go also. Players have a mindset of a fresh start and clean slate with new team coming in should have 2/3 coaches still there who already have their opinions of players and potentially unhappy with the way the old manager was treated.

As I said my opinion others won’t agree possibly but I’m pretty sure stubbs taff and Doolan did it all no one else? Could be wrong

green day
26-01-2019, 07:48 AM
I disagree and I think when a manager leaves unless its his own accord the coaching staff should go also. Players have a mindset of a fresh start and clean slate with new team coming in should have 2/3 coaches still there who already have their opinions of players and potentially unhappy with the way the old manager was treated.

As I said my opinion others won’t agree possibly but I’m pretty sure stubbs taff and Doolan did it all no one else? Could be wrong

Are you aware of Eddie Mays actual position in the club?

coco22
26-01-2019, 07:51 AM

I totally agree. There is nothing to be gained by Lennon’s team continuing to lead the squad under the reported circumstances. Could be even more damaging than the current mess.

MrSmith
26-01-2019, 07:51 AM
These wouldn't really solve brexit.
If Scotland was to gain independence from the uk it would not have a place within the EU.
While it is said we could join and we'd get in, the first step would be to have a referendum.

Putting aside the fact that the Previous EU referendum was aimed at the people of the U.K. And not regions or countries, meaning Scotland didn't vote to remain as some would have you believe.
1.6m scots voted remain
1m scots voted leave
1.2m scots didn't vote

There is no way of telling how a Scottish EU vote would go.

I'm not sure what you alluded to with the violence part but any violence wouldn't be scots against the UK, it would be scots against scots against the UK.

In my opinion of course

Thanks for the response. Scotland voted remain as did 1/2 of the United Kingdom. It has been proven brexit was fixed and vote leave acted illegally. It has also been said re EU - by many in the EU - that Scotland is welcome and membership would be fast tracked should we decide to remain in the EU.

we are approaching a civil war in this nation, the xenophobic racist right wing, the loony left, brexiteers, remainders and unionists. The Britnat is on the rise. I want no part of it.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 07:52 AM
Get a grip ffs.

:agree:

Mental to suggest you’re finished with Hibs because a manager who has our biggest budget ever has us sitting 8th on a 14 game and counting crap run. But I can accept that people wanted him to stay and will be pissed off.

But to suggest you’re not going back when that manager has been suspended (and so it’s most likely gross misconduct and all of his own doing) is mental.

green day
26-01-2019, 07:53 AM
I totally agree. There is nothing to be gained by Lennon’s team continuing to lead the squad under the reported circumstances. Could be even more damaging than the current mess.

.......again - Eddie May and Grant Murray are not "Lennons team".

Bangkok Hibby
26-01-2019, 07:55 AM
Get a grip ffs.

Its bollocks. Finished? I doubt it, just anger, disappointment talking. Ive supported the club since 1967, I and others have been through far worse.

SMAXXA
26-01-2019, 07:55 AM
Are you aware of Eddie Mays actual position in the club?

Head of academy coaching isn’t he? So point being why is he in the dug out on a Saturday?

green day
26-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Head of academy coaching isn’t he? So point being why is he in the dug out on a Saturday?

Presumably because football managers like to have coaches alongside them to bounce ideas off?

Its hardly a new idea, nor unique to Hibs.

Have a look at the Man Utd bench pre and post Jose.....................

judas
26-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Very pleased to hear Lennons hand appears to have been forced by the board.

His continuous threats to leave the club, his petulant and at times irrational outbursts, his team selections and his poor signings will not be missed by me.

One thing I can guarantee, is that regardless of events that have put us here today, none of it will be Lennons fault. It never is.

ionahibby
26-01-2019, 08:07 AM
Reminds me of the Collins saga. Manager tells players they aren’t good enough need to improve and players run to board to complain. No evidence this has happened but how would Dempster found out otherwise, somebody must have said to her?

Onion
26-01-2019, 08:08 AM
Given everything that's happened this season, and Lennon's temperament, is it really any surprise it's ending this way ? The only other scenario was a bigger club taking Lennon off us when his stock was high, and that train's already left the station.

IMO Lennon is a decent manager but he benefited greatly from our Cup win and had no answers when it really mattered.

Until he's formally out, we cannot start to get anyone in.

number9dream
26-01-2019, 08:09 AM
There’s been a heated exchange, as Taggart would say.
Any prospect of a quick apology and back to work on Monday?

GreenCastle
26-01-2019, 08:12 AM
Reminds me of the Collins saga. Manager tells players they aren’t good enough need to improve and players run to board to complain. No evidence this has happened but how would Dempster found out otherwise, somebody must have said to her?

Feels it has similarities - fans want to know who to back..

Players
Manager
Board

Bottom line is we need to stick together and get moving up the table where we belong - top 6 minimum and the money and ST sales which goes with them. Bottom 6 would be honking and see crowds dwindle.

Onion
26-01-2019, 08:16 AM
There’s been a heated exchange, as Taggart would say.
Any prospect of a quick apology and back to work on Monday?

Suspending the manager is as good as firing the guy. No way back for Lennon now. Expect the club to push quickly to "mutual consent" so they can start the process of finding a replacement.

Fans need to worry about the rest of the season and getting behind the team.

ScottB
26-01-2019, 08:20 AM

It’s quite right that the Chief Exec be aware of staff’s opinions throughout the club. But that’s not what’s at play here, ‘suspension’ is not him just being emptied because the Board have decided they don’t fancy having him in charge any more.

Some kind of fall out with the players may well have been the catalyst, but something more serious has occurred for the club to suspend him. What that is, I guess we’ll find out...

bigwheel
26-01-2019, 08:22 AM
Suspending the manager is as good as firing the guy. No way back for Lennon now. Expect the club to push quickly to "mutual consent" so they can start the process of finding a replacement.

Fans need to worry about the rest of the season and getting behind the team.

Yes, I'm assuming we can't bring anyone in to replace him, while he remains suspended?? So it needs sorted asap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not In The Know
26-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Money on done his nut and behaved inappropriately/threw toys out the pram with catalyst being not getting the players he wants.

Leanne - Neil you wanted Kamberi we got you Kamberi, you wanted MacLaren we got you MacLaren, you wanted Mallan we got you Mallan, ....................................... .................................................. .......................................you wanted Gauld we got you Gauld.
No Neil we can't afford X, y and z you have more than spent your budget. You need to do something with all players you already have.

Neil, explodes in a sea of anger, entitlement and swearies.

Neil suspended.

bang on the money.

Joe6-2
26-01-2019, 08:28 AM
When are we going to hear something from the club?

Centre Hawf
26-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Have it on decent authority that there was no bust up etc with the players yesterday. That’s all I’ve been told. No word on whats happened between him and Dempster or why this has actually happened. But a bust up of any kind between him and players appears to be untrue.

Stokesy's on fire
26-01-2019, 08:30 AM

We will work it out tomorrow once the team arrives.ha

Weegreenman
26-01-2019, 08:31 AM
Very pleased to hear Lennons hand appears to have been forced by the board.

His continuous threats to leave the club, his petulant and at times irrational outbursts, his team selections and his poor signings will not be missed by me.

One thing I can guarantee, is that regardless of events that have put us here today, none of it will be Lennons fault. It never is.

I feel exactly the same way mate. Have done since that game ar Tynecastle last season. I’ve been through some good and bad times being a Hibee but that event really saddened me. I always got that feeling he was this superior ex Celtic manager and that he was here doing us a favour. Now don’t get me wrong I know getting shot of a manager puts the club in turmoil but I think it’s something we need to go through to get to a better place. Onwards and upwards :flag:

Carheenlea
26-01-2019, 08:31 AM

This does seem rather odd and unusual to have a wall of silence from Hibs, or any club in a situation like this that’s unfolding.

ScottB
26-01-2019, 08:34 AM
This does seem rather odd and unusual to have a wall of silence from Hibs, or any club in a situation like this that’s unfolding.

I suppose if disciplinary proceedings are underway, they may be limited in what they can say, but, they should at least be able to say what’s happening, if not why.

Scotty Leither
26-01-2019, 08:36 AM

Bin the PR company.

mjhibby
26-01-2019, 08:44 AM
Don't want to add to the theories but you will do it anyway :faf:

Only repeating what I've heard from lifelong hibbies. I've no idea what's going on but only suggesting that something was not right and that then this happens. We will find out in the fullness of time but I can assure you I've have no wish to make things worse.
GGTTH

Fergos
26-01-2019, 08:48 AM
Lennon stated in an interview, speaking English that he wanted 1-2 more players before the window closed. Yes I can state that as a fact. I saw it and heard it. This was in the summer. Lennon also stated on more than one occasion BEFORE the January window opened, that he needed another forward and hoped to have 2-3 bodies away to Dubai. Yes this is another fact. Lennon also didn't get this. So what the people in charge of recruitment left Lennon with, was one forward(Kamberi) who for the past few months has been pony(not fact, just my opinion) and Shaw. So we started the second half of the season well short of numbers and badly lacking up front.

The window isn’t shut, he’s had more than enough backing and the issues you are referencing are of his own making, as an example, the striker issue - his job to find them and he didn’t. We have been lacking up front since summer last year.

He has wasted what he was given, poor signings, erratic selections and tactics including both away derbies, going AWOL last November during the poor run of form, considering his position and taking to the media to openly slate players he has signed - the last gasp of a manager who can’t resolve issues privately and professionally. All the afreomentioned has resulted in us under-performing and sitting 8th in the league. And he knows it’s it - hence the attempt at deflecting the issues by slagging off players.

He’s not bigger then Hibs and it’s right he is going of that’s the case, and I happen to like the man. But he has failed this year after 2 decent seasons in gaining promotion and hitting the euro places.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2019, 08:58 AM
Parker will need to go too, he cant be allowed to pick the team for Sunday.

He's Lennons right hand man, and will back him all day long, the players will want a new man, the team needs a new voice now, there's no way back for this management team.

Thanks for all the good times Neil. :top marks

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 08:59 AM
I totally understand that the club needs to be careful about what it says as I'm sure there's a legal process underway but I really hope there's some sort of clarity before kick off tomorrow.

Even if it's just to confirm what the press have already reported, that Lennon (or Parker) won't be in the dugout for the match then that would help.

As things stand, there's been complete silence which isn't particularly helpful.

ArmadaleHibs
26-01-2019, 09:01 AM
It is incredibly obvious to everyone that things are not good behind the scenes at ER. Our drop in form, players not playing to early season form, the manager not doing press conferences and the rumours of fall outs behind the scenes are no coincidence. Good players do not turn into bad players over night unless they are unhappy at goings on.

The job of the management is to try and keep the players happy, settled and playing well for the jersey, but in my opinion Neil Lennon has shown signs of stress, anger at times, and some of his team decisions have been to say the least, odd. Almost like he’s been more interested in proving a point to the board rather than winning games.

When NL was appointed I was very excited that the club could capture someone of his stature but also uneasy in the fact I wasn’t very keen on him as he never came across as someone I wanted to run our club. But he started great guns, got to know the club and to an extent I think the club grew on him. When things were going well it is very easy to love the management and we all bought into it. But things have been going wrong in recent months and despite the rumours of unrest I think we can all agree that we’ve been witnessing this before our very eyes.

Some on Neil Lennon actions have been utterly unprofessional but we’ve laughed it off as he’s ours and he’s just sticking up for us. I get that and I too have been drawn into that. But in my opinion and I understand people will disagree I think he has over stepped the mark on too many occasions. Touch line bans, total argumentative attitude to everything, hiding from the press, publicly slating players constantly and at times threatening the club with quitting on two or three occasions has been some of the things we have seen for ourselves. Even if some of the rumours of in fighting and fallouts happen to be false you have to imagine that there’s also a whole lot of truth in it as he does have the tendency to self destruct. This is not good for the club. And you don’t get suspended for nothing.

I’m absolutely gutted it does not seem to have worked out for NL and Hibs. He did get our club and does wear his heart on his sleeve, but Hibernian football club is who I love and who I care about and if all or most of the rumours are true, he has to go. We are slowly capitulating and something needs to be done. I think it’s obvious that things are not right.

We have to have faith in LD and the board to do the right thing. They have changed the club and they have backed management. I’m confident they will do the right thing.

Ggtth

Nakedmanoncrack
26-01-2019, 09:02 AM
The window isn’t shut, he’s had more than enough backing and the issues you are referencing are of his own making, as an example, the striker issue - his job to find them and he didn’t. We have been lacking up front since summer last year.

He has wasted what he was given, poor signings, erratic selections and tactics including both away derbies, going AWOL last November during the poor run of form, considering his position and taking to the media to openly slate players he has signed - the last gasp of a manager who can’t resolve issues privately and professionally. All the afreomentioned has resulted in us under-performing and sitting 8th in the league. And he knows it’s it - hence the attempt at deflecting the issues by slagging off players.

He’s not bigger then Hibs and it’s right he is going of that’s the case, and I happen to like the man. But he has failed this year after 2 decent seasons in gaining promotion and hitting the euro places.

I happen to quite like him as well, but all that matters is Hibernian FC your points are all correct.

It's sad that it's ending this way, but it's time for a change.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 09:04 AM

Perhaps she was at East Mains doing the training. not sure what they have been doing down there the past few months as its no shown on the park.

Fergos
26-01-2019, 09:10 AM
I happen to quite like him as well, but all that matters is Hibernian FC your points are all correct.

It's sad that it's ending this way, but it's time for a change.

Very sad bud, I agree. But its Hibs first for me every time.

GGTTH

Fergos
26-01-2019, 09:13 AM
It is incredibly obvious to everyone that things are not good behind the scenes at ER. Our drop in form, players not playing to early season form, the manager not doing press conferences and the rumours of fall outs behind the scenes are no coincidence. Good players do not turn into bad players over night unless they are unhappy at goings on.

The job of the management is to try and keep the players happy, settled and playing well for the jersey, but in my opinion Neil Lennon has shown signs of stress, anger at times, and some of his team decisions have been to say the least, odd. Almost like he’s been more interested in proving a point to the board rather than winning games.

When NL was appointed I was very excited that the club could capture someone of his stature but also uneasy in the fact I wasn’t very keen on him as he never came across as someone I wanted to run our club. But he started great guns, got to know the club and to an extent I think the club grew on him. When things were going well it is very easy to love the management and we all bought into it. But things have been going wrong in recent months and despite the rumours of unrest I think we can all agree that we’ve been witnessing this before our very eyes.

Some on Neil Lennon actions have been utterly unprofessional but we’ve laughed it off as he’s ours and he’s just sticking up for us. I get that and I too have been drawn into that. But in my opinion and I understand people will disagree I think he has over stepped the mark on too many occasions. Touch line bans, total argumentative attitude to everything, hiding from the press, publicly slating players constantly and at times threatening the club with quitting on two or three occasions has been some of the things we have seen for ourselves. Even if some of the rumours of in fighting and fallouts happen to be false you have to imagine that there’s also a whole lot of truth in it as he does have the tendency to self destruct. This is not good for the club. And you don’t get suspended for nothing.

I’m absolutely gutted it does not seem to have worked out for NL and Hibs. He did get our club and does wear his heart on his sleeve, but Hibernian football club is who I love and who I care about and if all or most of the rumours are true, he has to go. We are slowly capitulating and something needs to be done. I think it’s obvious that things are not right.

We have to have faith in LD and the board to do the right thing. They have changed the club and they have backed management. I’m confident they will do the right thing.

Ggtth

Im with this. Good post bud.

Hibs first. GGTTH.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 09:14 AM
There may be legal implications so they are being careful and professional.

I understand that and have mentioned that in my post. I'm not expecting them to release a war and peace statement giving a blow by blow account of WHY he won't be at the game tomorrow but if a decision has already been taken to suspend him and he's been told to stay away tomorrow then that is a matter of fact and can surely be announced without breaking any laws.

A short statement along the lines of the one below would suffice;

"The club can announce that manager Neil Lennon and assistant Garry Parker will not be in attendance at tomorrow's match at St Mirren. We will be making no further statement at this time."

green day
26-01-2019, 09:15 AM
I understand that and have mentioned that in my post. I'm not expecting them to release a war and peace statement giving a blow by blow account of WHY he won't be at the game tomorrow but if a decision has already been taken to suspend him and he's been told to stay away tomorrow then that is a matter of fact and can surely be announced without breaking any laws.

A short statement along the lines of the one below would suffice;

"The club can announce that manager Neil Lennon and assistant Garry Parker will not be in attendance at tomorrow's match at St Mirren. We will be making no further statement at this time."

Which would then get people saying "its an outrage, why are they keeping us in the dark?"

Damned if they do etc.....

Blocks Biloxi
26-01-2019, 09:20 AM

Ggtth

Great post. Sadly, I think it's finally reached the tipping point where the negative things about his behaviour outweigh the positive.

Northernhibee
26-01-2019, 09:25 AM
He let us all down - badly - yesterday.

Hibernia&Alba
26-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Is the general view that it was a square go in the team meeting?

Not In The Know
26-01-2019, 09:28 AM

They would never do that. Thay aren’t on massive salaries, and no way would they follow Lennon on mass to a new club.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 09:28 AM
Which would then get people saying "its an outrage, why are they keeping us in the dark?"

Damned if they do etc.....

They might say that but the club can't say or do anything that would put them in breach of employment law. However there's surely a middle ground between breaking employment law and complete silence.

Saying nothing is keeping everyone even more in the dark about things.

hibsbollah
26-01-2019, 09:32 AM

There's some talk about chairs. It's conceivable that Lennon rammed the chair leg right up Kamberis sphincter and then used him as a toasting fork, but that would be mere conjecture.

Hibernia&Alba
26-01-2019, 09:36 AM
There's some talk about chairs. It's conceivable that Lennon rammed the chair leg right up Kamberis sphincter and then used him as a toasting fork, but that would be mere conjecture.

Lenny launched a chair at Kamberi? :eek:

There will be all kinds of rumours going around of course. Fights happen in dressing rooms all the time. Hopefully it's just mutual apologies and move on.

green day
26-01-2019, 09:36 AM
They might say that but the club can't say or do anything that would put them in breach of employment law. However there's surely a middle ground between breaking employment law and complete silence.

If an internal investigation is ongoing, until the facts are established and a way forward agreed, then saying anything allows people to interpret / reinterpret what is said.

Twitter is awash with nonsense at the moment, none of which would calm down with a non-statement statement.

Speedway
26-01-2019, 09:37 AM

The consensus is that a complaint of threatening and abusive behaviour on the training ground led to a complaint of threatening and abusive behaviour in the boardroom.

Not In The Know
26-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Yes but two posters have said they have heard from sources close to the club there was no bustups at all.

We we really have no idea tbh.

hibsbollah
26-01-2019, 09:39 AM

There will be all kinds of rumours going around of course. Fights happen in dressing rooms all the time. Hopefully it's just mutual apologies and move on.

If the Daily Record reports this as fact, I demand a credit.

Hibs Swiss Ace In Chair Leg Removal Surgery Drama.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 09:41 AM
If an internal investigation is ongoing, until the facts are established and a way forward agreed, then saying anything allows people to interpret / reinterpret what is said.

Twitter is awash with nonsense at the moment, none of which would calm down with a non-statement statement.

There surely can't be a situation where tomorrow's game takes place in the absence of Lennon and Parker, without any sort of prior announcement from the club.

As far as official news is concerned, it's business as usual at the club which is clearly not the case.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 09:42 AM
If the Daily Record reports this as fact, I demand a credit.

Hibs Swiss Ace In Chair Leg Removal Surgery Drama.

Shirley an exclusive like that should be worth a small fortune, perhaps even a years subcription to the rag.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2019, 09:43 AM

Not really sure we are in the dark, he's been suspended, the clue is in he's been suspended.

When its duly sorted one way or another, we will find out whats happened, and then folk will pick the bones out of it, believing some bits and not others.

Then we will still be confused and in the dark.

green day
26-01-2019, 09:44 AM
There surely can't be a situation where tomorrow's game takes place in the absence of Lennon and Parker, without any sort of prior announcement from the club.

As far as official news is concerned, it's business as usual at the club which is clearly not the case.

Tomorrows match is about 26 hours away, whats the rush?

Crab apple
26-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Is LD normally at East Mains? She was apparently there yesterday. If so did she appear after training and the team meeting in response to what apparently went on? Or was she there beforehand with the intention of suspending NL?

GloryGlory
26-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Not really sure we are in the dark, he's been suspended, the clue is in he's been suspended.

When its duly sorted one way or another, we will find out whats happened, and then folk will pick the bones out of it, believing some bits and not others.

Yes. I would imagine the club has employment procedures in place and now have to go through some process in line with both that and employment law - e.g. grievance procedure - and have to respect confidentiality.

I think the end destination looks likely to be a Compromise Agreement for Lennon (and Parker?) to leave.

Johnny Clash
26-01-2019, 09:47 AM
The consensus is that a complaint of threatening and abusive behaviour on the training ground led to a complaint of threatening and abusive behaviour in the boardroom.

Consensus from where?

ancient hibee
26-01-2019, 09:51 AM
So John Collins and Neil Lennon-both demand very high standards from their players-the players don't like it-says it all.

CmoantheHibs
26-01-2019, 09:51 AM
I like Neil Lennon and wish him well in the future. Hibs are my club though so are way more important than NL. I hope we can part with minimum expense and disruption to the club. Due to the legal situation I doubt we will hear much from the club but there will be loads of wild speculation going on. I hope people remember where their main loyalties lie in this situation instead of using speculation as a stick to beat the club with.
I wonder what will happen with our transfer targets due to this as it seems unlikely there will be someone else in before the end of the transfer window. Do we continue on in the pursuit of our targets or put a halt to them due to the manager being in an untenable situation? Hopefully we continue as we are very short in some areas of the team.
I am really quite excited as to what happens next. A new man coming in will have a good squad which doesn't have the correct balance. If they can unify the squad and get them playing closer to their true abilities then things will pick up.
Climb in, sit down and buckle up for the next ride on the Hibees rollercoaster. It will have its ups and downs, tears and joy but it will rarely be dull. CmoantheHibs

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 09:57 AM

There has been no official announcement stating he's been suspended. All we have so far are various news outlets picking up on rumours ranging from saying he won't be in the dugout tomorrow to saying he has managed his last game and speculating about what went on at the training ground yesterday. I'm not expecting the club to answer questions about the ins and outs of what's happened but if he has been suspended, why not put out a short statement just confirming that?

Tomorrows match is about 26 hours away, whats the rush?

I don't necessarily mean just now. My original post on the matter just said that I hope there's some kind of statement from the club before kick off tomorrow which I think is important.

Squealing pig
26-01-2019, 09:58 AM
Need to wait for the autobiography is my guess

CapitalGreen
26-01-2019, 09:58 AM
So John Collins and Neil Lennon-both demand very high standards from their players-the players don't like it-says it all.

Stubbs and McLeish demanded high standards too, they just went about it in a different way that didn’t involve disillusioning some of the dressing room and bullying individual players.

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Anyone seen Dempster today??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamish
26-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Grant Stott tweet from last night.

Well.

I cannae WAIT to host the Player of the Year bash this year!! 😳💚

One Day Soon
26-01-2019, 10:01 AM

That is one of the main things I’m worrying about right now. I hope it hasn’t been the case for the second time in recent history because the effects of that take an age to digest out of a squad if the players win rather than the manager.

My other concerns relate to whether we can appoint a replacement before Neil formally leaves and the likelihood that signings this window are now near impossible. If the legals drag on we could be a long time waiting for a new manager.

Next season’s target is now reduced to top six and its the season after that before we get top four and a European place again if a new manager is being set fair targets.

The Baldmans Comb
26-01-2019, 10:04 AM
To get suspended from your job you have to break a written or unwritten code of conduct which in football is pretty wide ranting given the passions and emotions involved.

On the balance of online chat my opinion is that Neil Lennon v the players was handbags and squaring up rather than square goes.

Bad in itself but not unusual in football but it was the subsequent Leeanne v Lennon confrontation that led to the suspension.

Leeanne Dempster as Chief Executive is Lennons boss's and in her mind Neil Lennon went to far in his comments and language in their subsequent bust up.

Obviously no way back but Hibs need a meaningless holding statement to buy some time.

One Day Soon
26-01-2019, 10:05 AM
I like Neil Lennon and wish him well in the future. Hibs are my club though so are way more important than NL. I hope we can part with minimum expense and disruption to the club. Due to the legal situation I doubt we will hear much from the club but there will be loads of wild speculation going on. I hope people remember where their main loyalties lie in this situation instead of using speculation as a stick to beat the club with.
I wonder what will happen with our transfer targets due to this as it seems unlikely there will be someone else in before the end of the transfer window. Do we continue on in the pursuit of our targets or put a halt to them due to the manager being in an untenable situation? Hopefully we continue as we are very short in some areas of the team.
I am really quite excited as to what happens next. A new man coming in will have a good squad which doesn't have the correct balance. If they can unify the squad and get them playing closer to their true abilities then things will pick up.
Climb in, sit down and buckle up for the next ride on the Hibees rollercoaster. It will have its ups and downs, tears and joy but it will rarely be dull. CmoantheHibs

Two questions.

Would it be fair, sensible or productive to sign players worth having this window without going so with the manager’s plans in mind?

Which player worth having and in their right mind would want to sign for us in the next two weeks given the uncertainty of what’s happened and what’s happening next?

Joe6-2
26-01-2019, 10:07 AM
SSN allegedly got more info coming soon?!

Joe6-2
26-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Rubbish, absolutely nothing new

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Two questions.

Would it be fair, sensible or productive to sign players worth having this window without going so with the manager’s plans in mind?

Which player worth having and in their right mind would want to sign for us in the next two weeks given the uncertainty of what’s happened and what’s happening next?

An if we dont sign the players that we need to get us climbing back up the table, what then we go with the ones that are there and hope that the new manager can get them performing once more. Dont have a good feel about the rest of the season but live in hope that I am wrong, been watching Hibs for way to long to think otherwise.

hibsbollah
26-01-2019, 10:19 AM

Chairgate.

sambajustice
26-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Yes. I would imagine the club has employment procedures in place and now have to go through some process in line with both that and employment law - e.g. grievance procedure - and have to respect confidentiality.

I think the end destination looks likely to be a Compromise Agreement for Lennon (and Parker?) to leave.

Yeah, probably waiting for the solicitors to open on Monday and write it up.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 10:27 AM

We can expect more info from them late afternoon then.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 10:29 AM

Did Stubbs not demand high standards? Or Mowbray? McLeish? There’s different ways to demand high standards. Bullying your young star forward as a way of demanding it clearly wasn’t the way to do it with these players. Or probably any players for that matter.

GloryGlory
Yeah, probably waiting for the solicitors to open on Monday and write it up.

Can't recall the name at the mo, but there is a board member who is a partner in a legal firm and she specialises in HR law.

I imagine she will be available to advise the board and chief exec on correct procedure and legal implications.

Mac_17
Iv actually thought for a while that NL didn’t want to be here tbh.

The teams not doing well, so it’s the players and the boards fault for not playing well or giving him cash. I kinda expected him to leave if it looked like we were going to finish bottom 6. Blame the club and not him.

He done wonders last year and will always be looked at as a good manager for us. However I can’t say that I’m too disappointed that he’s away. If the rumours are true then it’s better that he goes. A lot of his antics I put up with cause he was ours, but if he was another clubs manager doing those things, then we all would hate him.

Apart from the aeroplane... that... was... amazing!!!

GloryGlory
26-01-2019, 10:30 AM
We can expect more info from them late afternoon then.

As early as that? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
26-01-2019, 10:32 AM

Complete rubbish, they didn't tell us anything new.

GloryGlory
26-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Need to wait for the autobiography is my guess

If Lennon agrees a Compromise Agreement and leaves, there will be restrictions on what either party can disclose in public.

Cabbage East
26-01-2019, 10:35 AM
If Lennon agrees a Compromise Agreement and leaves, there will be restrictions on what either party can disclose in public.

You sound fun.

GloryGlory
26-01-2019, 10:37 AM
You sound fun.

I'm pointing out a fact of employment practice.

PS As someone who has had to go through such a process in employment, which I can assure you is no fun whatsoever and extremely stressful and upsetting. I didn't accept the offer in the end but it still hurts 5 years later.

makaveli1875
26-01-2019, 10:39 AM

Its Neil Lennon were talking about , as soon as someone puts a microphone infront of him he will let it all out

Sioux
26-01-2019, 10:45 AM
There has been no official announcement stating he's been suspended. All we have so far are various news outlets picking up on rumours ranging from saying he won't be in the dugout tomorrow to saying he has managed his last game and speculating about what went on at the training ground yesterday. I'm not expecting the club to answer questions about the ins and outs of what's happened but if he has been suspended, why not put out a short statement just confirming that?

I don't necessarily mean just now. My original post on the matter just said that I hope there's some kind of statement from the club before kick off tomorrow which I think is important.

No matter what the club might say in any statement, the morons on here will will say; its not enough, its a lie, its a cover up, its Petrie's fault, that's not what I heard, but the DR said......, not according to twitter (whoever he/she is), it's LDs fault NL ate her hamster.

It will achieve nothing as far as this forum is concerned.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 10:48 AM
You sound fun.

😂😂😂 don’t know why but made me laugh.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 10:48 AM
No matter what the club might say in any statement, the morons on here will will say; its not enough, its a lie, its a cover up, its Petrie's fault, that's not what I heard, but the DR said......, not according to twitter (whoever he/she is), it's LDs fault NL ate her hamster.

Calling fellow fans morons? Classy stuff.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Its Neil Lennon were talking about , as soon as someone puts a microphone infront of him he will let it all out

Or more than likely leak it to his journo pals as previously.

Sioux
26-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Calling fellow fans morons? Classy stuff.

Life's a bitch.

Hibrandenburg
26-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Every single one of them can go **** themselves as far as I'm concerned. Same **** when players went behind Collins' back to Petrie and we as a club ended up paying for that for literally years as a result.

:agree: As a club we have a history of backing the players in any dispute with the manager. I get the theory that it's easier and less expensive to replace a manager than it is to replace a whole team but the result is that we continually have a manager merry-go-round because this approach will always leave the manager as the week link and undermine any authority associated with the position. I thought we might have broken this cycle with Lennon but apparently not.

GloryGlory
26-01-2019, 10:56 AM

It would be hard to issue a public statement when there are internal procedures still to be carried out. Even something like "the head coach has been suspended from duty because of a situation that the club is now dealing with" could be seen as prejudicial, because that implies he was responsible for the situation arising.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 10:57 AM
:agree: As a club we have a history of backing the players in any dispute with the manager. I get the theory that it's easier and less expensive to replace a manager than it is to replace a whole team but the result is that we continually have a manager merry-go-round because this approach will always leave the manager as the week link and undermine any authority associated with the position. I thought we might have broken this cycle with Lennon but apparently not.

In this case Lennon has been suspended. He’s obviously done something quite significantly out of line.

Why would the club back him over the players in those circumstances? None of the players appear to have been suspended so you’d have to presume none of them crossed the line?

Diclonius
26-01-2019, 11:00 AM

"Hearts manager Celtic's Neil Lennon, formerly of Celtic has today been suspended by Aberdeen's top team Heart of Hibernian for throwing a chair at club captain Derek Grey. Lennon, who formerly played for and captained Celtic (whose Old Firm rivals Rangers are in action against Livingtons on Sunday, live on Sky Sports) has been placed on gardening leave by the Cabbage Jams' chairman Leanne Denson, and is also believed to have gotten into a physical altercation with the Hibes' star midfielder Florence Carlson. It is expected that today's events at West Mains will impact Hearts' preparation for their weekend game against whoever they're playing presumably. We asked Steven Gerrard (ex Liverpool midfielder who led them to the Champions' League title in 2005, which was covered live on Sky Sports), the current Rangers manager what he thought of the former Celtic star. Gerrard replied that Lennon (formerly of Celtic) was a great guy with a fiery personality and also something about that other club he was managing or whatever. Rangers play Livingstone at Almond Valley tomorrow at 4pm, live on Sky Sports."

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2019, 11:00 AM
There’s no coming back from this. NL will be away.

Iain G
26-01-2019, 11:01 AM

I heard that the weekly game of musical chairs was going well until the music stopped and Lennon and Kamberi sat on the same chair! Lennon commented that Flo puts more effort into musical parlour games than he does ploughing the lone furrow up front which Flo took exception to and challenges Lennon to a game of charades, best of three, which Lennon lost when trying to mime "Rocky IV" to a confused Parker and accidentally punched Leeann and knocked her out cold...

Mainstandman

Must be Whittakers fault hes been there both times,

The 90+2
Life's a bitch.

Fair point.

HAZ2000
26-01-2019, 11:02 AM
If he has actually lost the dressing room, it will be interesting to see if players like Kamberi get a lift from a new manager coming in. Could be like a new signing if he starts playing again

Iain G
26-01-2019, 11:03 AM
If he has actually lost the dressing room, it will be interesting to see if players like Kamberi get a lift from a new manager coming in. Could be like a new signing if he starts playing again

Surely the dressing room is in the same spot it always is, behind the dressing room door?

Radium
26-01-2019, 11:09 AM

Given the way they drooled through the messages between Willie Mackay’s son and Sala about the flight to Cardiff I had to switch off.

Media are too eager at times to follow someone’s agenda for a story when the real question is why was someone with a personal not commercial pilots license used.

I realise that it is off topic but I expect that media friends will be used to tweak the story.

hibee_nation
26-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Heard from a good source it wasn't a chair leg up Kamberis sphincter it was infact a stool.
Nothing to see here move along lads.

RoxburghHibs
26-01-2019, 11:17 AM

Hopefully the players (if it's true they weren't happy under Lennon) get a lift from his absence and put on a performance tomorrow. In truth they owe it to the fans.

Hibrandenburg
26-01-2019, 11:20 AM
In this case Lennon has been suspended. He’s obviously done something quite significantly out of line.

Why would the club back him over the players in those circumstances? None of the players appear to have been suspended so you’d have to presume none of them crossed the line?

We can only presume what happened by the information we've been provided and at present we've got little to go on other than there's been a bust up between at least one player and the manager. It'll come out in the wash but it'll be a disagreement caused by a football related difference in opinion, call me old fashioned but I'm of the belief that the manager's opinion should always hold more sway, the dressing room or training ground can never work as a democracy.

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 11:21 AM
We can only presume what happened by the information we've been provided and at present we've got little to go on other than there's been a bust up between at least one player and the manager. It'll come out in the wash but it'll be a disagreement caused by a football related difference in opinion, call me old fashioned but I'm of the belief that the manager's opinion should always hold more sway, the dressing room or training ground can never work as a democracy.

Might not be player - might be staff

hibsbollah
26-01-2019, 11:25 AM
"Hearts manager Celtic's Neil Lennon, formerly of Celtic has today been suspended by Aberdeen's top team Heart of Hibernian for throwing a chair at club captain Derek Grey. Lennon, who formerly played for and captained Celtic (whose Old Firm rivals Rangers are in action against Livingtons on Sunday, live on Sky Sports) has been placed on gardening leave by the Cabbage Jams' chairman Leanne Denson, and is also believed to have gotten into a physical altercation with the Hibes' star midfielder Florence Carlson. It is expected that today's events at West Mains will impact Hearts' preparation for their weekend game against whoever they're playing presumably. We asked Steven Gerrard (ex Liverpool midfielder who led them to the Champions' League title in 2005, which was covered live on Sky Sports), the current Rangers manager what he thought of the former Celtic star. Gerrard replied that Lennon (formerly of Celtic) was a great guy with a fiery personality and also something about that other club he was managing or whatever. Rangers play Livingstone at Almond Valley tomorrow at 4pm, live on Sky Sports."

:faf:

BoyledEgg
26-01-2019, 11:26 AM
Not heard a word from the fan representative’s either.

Blaster
26-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Not heard a word from the fan representative’s either.

Don’t be ridiculous. Hibs will make a statement when they can. As others have said they will be making sure nothing they say will cost hibs compensation. I think we’d all like to hear something official but the timing has to be right

Wakeyhibee
26-01-2019, 11:31 AM

I don't think we'll ever break that cycle in todays game.

If the managers great he's off to "better/bigger" things. If he's poor he'll get the chop. Just the way the game has gone, no reflection on Hibs just 2 years seems to be the max we can expect.

Allant1981
26-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Don’t be ridiculous. Hibs will make a statement when they can. As others have said they will be making sure nothing they say will cost hibs compensation. I think we’d all like to hear something official but the timing has to be right

Putting out a statement saying that Neil and his team won't be in place for Sunday's game and will comment in due course is not going to cause any HR issues

The Baldmans Comb
26-01-2019, 11:33 AM

Its a bust up between the manager and the players followed by a bust up between the manager and member or members of staff almost certainly Leeanne Dempster.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 11:34 AM

I don't necessarily disagree with your last point but there does need to be some consideration for the opinions of the players IMO. The managers opinion should obviously be final. Some of the rumours that are going about though (and I appreciate that they're just rumours right now) are of Lennon behaving in a way that simply cannot be tolerated. In that situation I'm not sure how any outcome can be expected other than Lennon being binned and I don't think the board can be criticised for not backing him over whatever has happened. Hibs won't have taken the decision to suspend him lightly.

hibsbollah
26-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Its a bust up between the manager and the players followed by a bust up between the manager and member or members of staff almost certainly Leeanne Dempster.

I'm hearing Petrie was caught between two stools.

Blaster
26-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Putting out a statement saying that Neil and his team won't be in place for Sunday's game and will comment in due course is not going to cause any HR issues

Don’t disagree but the poster was on about silence from fans reps

I think they’ll want the statement to include who is in charge tomorrow and they don’t know that yet

Dublin07
26-01-2019, 11:40 AM
I'm hearing Petrie was caught between two stools.

All this talk of stools sounds like a load o shxxe

The Wireless
26-01-2019, 11:44 AM
At last there is Hope, Kamberi will now jump for and trap a ball. We have divine intervention.

Callum_62
26-01-2019, 11:48 AM
At last there is Hope, Kamberi will now jump for and trap a ball. We have divine intervention.

Wonder it he will now miraculously be able to use his body to shield the ball

The Green Goblin
26-01-2019, 11:48 AM
You sound fun.

Needless dig. He was posting on topic and it was useful info to point out.

BoyledEgg
26-01-2019, 11:51 AM

I’m not being ridiculous. What’s ridiculous is our manager being suspended nearly 24 hours ago now, and not one person from the club giving the supporters anything.

We have a game tomorrow, we should of been told by now who will be taking the team from someone at the club.

Blaster
26-01-2019, 11:53 AM
I’m not being ridiculous. What’s ridiculous is our manager being suspended nearly 24 hours ago now, and not one person from the club giving the supporters anything.

We have a game tomorrow, we should of been told by now who will be taking the team from someone at the club.

You were being ridiculous expecting to hear from the fans reps on this issue which is the post I quoted

neil7908
26-01-2019, 11:54 AM

By history do you mean the one time it happened under Collins? Struggling to think of anything else.

We don't know what's gone on here but pretty much all rumors suggest it wasn't just confrontation with the players but LD. She's his boss and if he's stepped out of line with her then no choice but to take action.

We also as a club seemed to stand by and watch Butcher and Malpas bully their players. Look where that got us.

Peevemor
26-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Maybe the players know? Is that not what counts? Otherwise the club has to be very careful with it's statements and I'd expect something official later today.

Skol
26-01-2019, 11:56 AM

I have been critical of the fans rep, but lets be fair, this isnt one for them.

Hibs have to say something, but need to be careful. Ive seen plenty managers leave with little being said and eventually there is something about pursuing other opportunities.

Lendo
Apologies if it’s been covered already, but if Garry Parker is not going to be in the dig out who the hell is taking charge tomorrow?

BoomtownHibees
Maybe the players know? Is that not what counts? Otherwise the club has to be very careful with it's statements and I'd expect something official later today.

Imagine we had a legal expert on the board that could advise on that.............

Oh wait

Surely a simple acknowledgment to the fans of the situation for tomorrow’s game would be easy enough

Johnny Clash
26-01-2019, 11:59 AM

If Kamberi only decides to start making an effort now he can f*** right off. Got no time for players who decide to play only when it suits them. Fans pay good money to support their team and expect all players to put in the effort every game.

BoomtownHibees
26-01-2019, 11:59 AM
If Kamberi only decides to start making an effort now he can f*** right off. Got no time for players who decide to play only when it suits them. Fans pay good money to support their team and expect all players to put in the effort every game.

Yep that will help. Kamberi scores a hat trick tomorrow and we tell him to **** off cos he wasn’t trying before

Bangkok Hibby
26-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Kamberi hattrick on Sunday?

Haha. Said exactly the same to a mate today

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Attachment-1.jpeg

Taken from sickback.

Attachment doesn't work.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2019, 12:02 PM
I’d be more concerned if the rumours of LD leaving are true.

Billychaotic182
Rumour latest - apparently he also used homophonic remarks questioned a players sexuality.

Twitter is some place for rumours. Wonder how much if any is true. Don’t think we will ever find out.

Edit turns out it was alleged homophobic remarks to Leeann not a player

BoomtownHibees
I’d be more concerned if the rumours of LD leaving are true.

What rumours?

blackpoolhibs

I dont think i will be able to function properly until this happens, i'm at my wits end with worry.

Bangkok Hibby
26-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Speedway:
I agree that this could be an exceptionally exciting times as we’ve got some cracking players who need organised

That's some twisted logic.

Makes perfect sense to me

Phil MaGlass
26-01-2019, 12:03 PM

This, any player who hasnt been giving 100% for my club can **** right off, i can take it if its tactics and formations making them have less of a game, but, not trying,,,,

Crab apple
26-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Attachment doesn't work.

Sorry can’t get it to work. Some jambo repeating the kamberi story and then what lennon is apparently meant to have said to LD. Quite how he/she knows is another matter.