PDA

View Full Version : Lennon gone??

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

greenpaper55
25-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Surely no way back from something like this, strange, very strange.

Lago
If it's true, what a sad day, what a sad end.

McKenzie
Heard he was fighting with Kamberi
Never heard so much pish

wookie70
Parker would never go against Lennon so that's fair enough, can't see any way back for him now, if things are so bad that you're getting suspended because of how you've treated players, they're never going to play for you even if you survive the suspension.

I agree. Knowing now that the suspension is being reported as being caused by yet another attack on the players then it will be over for him and Parker and anyone brought in and supporting them in the coaching squad. It is very similar to the Man Utd situation so there is some light at the end of the tunnel. One thing that worries me is I doubt he will go quietly. He has said a few times he loves being in the limelight and Hibs better get their story straight and make sure every procedure is documented and followed properly.
He has done ok at Hibs but it always looked like an appointment that never fitted the mould that LD described to us. If the charge is bullying staff, then at my work I would expect a senior manager to face gross misconduct and be summarily dismissed if the case was proven. If LD actually witnessed it then that is a foregone conclusion.

percy veer
Why would Steve Clarke leave killie. Would be absolutely nuts to leave them now

The same thing everything with football revolves around..money

Albanian Hibs
Never heard so much pish

Ok

Ringothedog
25-01-2019, 09:51 PM
Because he's hopeless

Behave yourself

The 90+2
What about John Kennedy as outside the box? Although with morale as it is experience is probably needed.

A Hi-Bee
I'll say Strachan or stuart mcall

Hope not we want to move forward not go back to the many years of stale middle of the table teams with very low crowds.

sean04
Never heard so much pish

Kamberi would kill him

SirDavidsNapper
I fully support dempster and everything she does for this club. If she feels it's right for lennon to go then I'm fully behind her decision

Absolutely

HoboHarry
If you post stuff like that with nothing to back it up you can expect some abuse.

B.H.F.C
If it's true, what a sad day, what a sad end.

Agree. Just a sad state of affairs full stop.

Captain Trips
We need new players and his interview this afternoon looked like we were looking to bring somebody in soon. Up in the air now then? This could not be at a worse time.

Kaiserclem
25-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Lennon has always just wanted the best for us, winning mentality and will never accept lack of effort or second best. This we as a club should embrace yes he sometimes communicates it in the wrong manner but it’s all with the best for a Hibs at heart.

This is is a manager we never thought would join us and one that, if backed correctly by funds and also players giving 100%, will make us better and successful. Let’s Ben honest, some players simply aren’t producing and they need a hard look at themselves.

sort it out and lets move on.

Charlie123
Break the bank for Steve Clarke

I'd go for Michael O'Neil

LustForLeith
Any odds on the next Boss? I can’t find them anywhere?

Smartie
Can see Grant Murray taking charge till the end of the season, good coach and the players really like him. Won a cup with Raith aswell so has experience in the managers role.

That would be the sensible choice, but if as has been reported "all of the backroom staff are firmly behind Lennon" then would Murray, May or anyone else be prepared to take it on?

This season is clearly now going to be a write off as there is no way we can carry out due diligence in appointing a manager, have a manager assess the squad and add what we need before the window closes. This might have been possible promoting someone from within until the end of the season as they could hit the ground running as regards bringing in attacking players next week.

And critical as I have been of Lennon, I don't think Solsjkaer, Pep or any other manager could get our current players scoring goals and that is our main weakness right now. A new manager could do far more with the players we have in terms of building a solid base but we desperately need pace, width and a scoring threat. As Lennon himself said today, we're a bare minimum of 2 players away from having a squad capable of salvaging our season.

Shambles.

H18 SFR
I'll say Strachan or stuart mcall

McCall ruined a decent Bradford side.

Albanian Hibs
If you post stuff like that with nothing to back it up you can expect some abuse.

Can't paste screenshots on my mobile. Guess we will find out sooner or later.

I'm Spartacus
Guessing he’s told them they’re ambitionless chunts [emoji1303]

SirDavidsNapper
Behave yourself

What makes you think he isn't? The good team selections every week and great run we're on?

wookie70
Soon as he started ripping players to shreds in the media it was just a matter of time. He completely lost control and there was no way back. We have good players. Im very optimistic about the rest of the season now. Must be a weight off the shoulders to the likes of Kamberi.

I'm going to stick a tenner on Flo for first goal on Sunday. He will be playing with a huge weight lifted from his shoulders and surely have someone in the same half as him in a green jersey. Much more confident of a result on Sunday as this may bring the players together if reports are correct

FitbaFolkKen
I think Neil has largely done an excellent job, however it feels like the right time to part as this season has been rough.

I'm really excited to see who comes in if it is true! :flag::flag::flag:

McKenzie
Break the bank for Steve Clarke. Anything else is a cheap option. We should be aiming high as a club. Show some ambition.

we are hibs
Maybe, big frank could give us the lowdown as he's getting pumped soon too.

😏

It's a joke guys, lighten up, we're only lost one of the best managers we've had.

He really isn't. He isn't irreplaceable.

Gloucester Hibs
25-01-2019, 09:53 PM
I agree. Knowing now that the suspension is being reported as being caused by yet another attack on the players then it will be over for him and Parker and anyone brought in and supporting them in the coaching squad. It is very similar to the Man Utd situation so there is some light at the end of the tunnel. One thing that worries me is I doubt he will go quietly. He has said a few times he loves being in the limelight and Hibs better get their story straight and make sure every procedure is documented and followed properly.
He has done ok at Hibs but it always looked like an appointment that never fitted the mould that LD described to us. If the charge is bullying staff, then at my work I would expect a senior manager to face gross misconduct and be summarily dismissed if the case was proven. If LD actually witnessed it then that is a foregone conclusion.

This is my worry, if not settled amicably I suspect he’ll have his chums in the media lined-up to paint Hibs in a bad light

Speedway
Break the bank for Steve Clarke

If we broke the bank as often as the fans wanted us to, we’d be bankrupt.

tonyrougier123
Worst news!!! If it turns out he’s been suspended for showing exuberance when arguing for better players then t the board will face the anger of the majority of supporters. It’s blatantly obvious we need better quality.

Really hope we hold on to Lennon as he’s one of the best managers we could hope for. I’ve never been one to openly criticise Petrie before but I have a horrible gut feeling about this one.

Your on to a loser there bud...we will be spun the we signed "internationals" nonsense!!fuming like😡

Weegreenman
He’s stated twice that he was considering his position as manager, this makes it a hatrick :greengrin

Diclonius
Stubbs in until the end of the season?

A Hi-Bee
In this case it isn't defending RP for something he has or hasn't done, you are making something up just to have a dig at him.
Poor show from you

Just said that our Rodders would probably be too busy with his SFA work.

CraigHibee
25-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Que sera sera.

Got us up, done a good job consolidating. Bit of a shambles this season and has struggled to put his mark on the team.

He's not irreplacable.

this!

things haven't been right for a number of weeks, something bubbling away underneath, done great to get us up but this season we have been up and down, more down recently

sambajustice
Fall out from team meeting...

Talk of HR...

Looks like there may have been paeggers!

McKenzie
If we broke the bank as often as the fans wanted us to, we’d be bankrupt.

Let’s settle for second best then. That’s why Lennon has left. How much would it take for Clarke to leave Killie

HIBERNIAN-0762
Stubbs in until the end of the season?

No thanks!

percy veer
25-01-2019, 09:55 PM
McCall ruined a decent Bradford side.

Not my preferred option, just think that's who we will get

hibees 7062
Who picks the team on Sunday if Parker and the backroom team go as well.

Gray? Grant Murray?

May and Murray

McKenzie
Not my preferred option, just think that's who we will get

Forfeit season with that hun in charge

Ozyhibby
25-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Whittaker for manager

So long as it’s not Player/manager I might just vote for that. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lex7zero
Cue the mundane responses "no one is bigger than the club"

Not quite. To anyone that fully understands the club, Lennon had totally lost the confidence and respect of players. It was also clear that he was playing teams and formations to send a message to the board instead of putting best team on pitch. He liked Whittaker and doesn’t like Gray. Thus he picked a spent force over a good player every time.

Lennon was not the man for Hibs unfortunately.

ronaldo7
I fully support dempster and everything she does for this club. If she feels it's right for lennon to go then I'm fully behind her decision

Leeann has gone very quiet over the last couple of months, not my words, she said it herself recently, at a meeting I attended. She knew she'd taken a step back, and as such the club is not moving forward.

She said she'd need to up her game again.

BoomtownHibees
Stubbs to come in and do a Solksjaer

Peevemor
Lennons attacks on Kamberi in the press have been a farce. If he’s done it again today and that’s why he’s suspended then this is of his own making and he deserves to be out the door.The recent public slating of players has made me wonder what it must be like behind closed doors. I think a clash has been coming.

I was out tonight and just arrived home to this. Like many others I suspect, I doubted if Lennon would still be here next season, but I didn't expect this.

FitbaFolkKen
He’s stated twice that he was considering his position as manager, this makes it a hatrick :greengrin

It doesn't seem like his heart has been in it since the first time he did it. Felt a little like he was working his way out. Plenty threads stating that in the last few months. Gutted but who is up next!

marinello59
25-01-2019, 09:57 PM
Never heard of a manager being suspended, if the Sun story is to be believed it sounds like a power struggle between Lennon and Leane .

Or Leanne playing it by the book?

Captain Trips
Latest news from East Mains:

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/C1R7H2/the-crowd-watches-as-two-men-fight-at-a-bull-riding-event-liberia-C1R7H2.jpg

Speedway
Let’s settle for second best then. That’s why Lennon has left. How much would it take for Clarke to leave Killie

Nothing. He’s been burned by Hibs before.

Wouldn’t touch us.

Togs91
Don't see clarke coming to us. He has it great where he is, and the money would be daft.

FitbaFolkKen
25-01-2019, 09:58 PM

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/C1R7H2/the-crowd-watches-as-two-men-fight-at-a-bull-riding-event-liberia-C1R7H2.jpg

Not another dance off!

A Hi-Bee
That would be the sensible choice, but if as has been reported "all of the backroom staff are firmly behind Lennon" then would Murray, May or anyone else be prepared to take it on?

This season is clearly now going to be a write off as there is no way we can carry out due diligence in appointing a manager, have a manager assess the squad and add what we need before the window closes. This might have been possible prompting someone from within until the end of the season as they could hit the ground running as regards bringing in attacking players next week.

And critical as I have been of Lennon, I don't think Solsjkaer, Pep or any other manager could get our current players scoring goals and that is our main weakness right now. A new manager could do far more with the players we have in terms of building a solid base but we desperately need pace, width and a scoring threat. As Lennon himself said today, we're a bare minimum of 2 players away from having a squad capable of salvaging our season.

Shambles.

Shambles now that is a good word for what has been going on at Easter Rd for a few months now and reckon the shambles of a display against motherwell was the final straw.

Billychaotic182
You don’t get suspended because of an argument. Something has happened. Rumours are he’s hit a player other rumours are Kamberi walked out after being threatened. Other folk saying he had a Rammy with Gray. I don’t think we will ever know what happened but i can almost garentee it’s not just a disagreement with Leeann

Hulk1875
I'd go for Michael O'Neil

That would be decent I think very average Northern Ireland team winning games and getting to a finals, people say strachan no way for me. Guy was stuck in his ways with Scotland and people wanted rid we don’t want him bringing that to Hibs

hibbymick
Time for McCourt to step up to the (hot) plate.

:greengrin:greengrin

greenpaper55
Remember Lennon said he would have taken the Scotland job if it were offered, not much loyalty then.

Captain Trips
25-01-2019, 09:59 PM

Indeed contracts would need to be paid up etc LD possibly looking at options as perhaps he can be sacked and leave with nothing.

Heisenberg
Lennon isn't going anywhere.

Take it to the bank.

Well it certainly looks like he is.

The 90+2
Nothing. He’s been burned by Hibs before.

Wouldn’t touch us.

Paul Lambert to do a Steve Clarke?

flash
Well if nothing else will be good to see Sir David Gray starting again.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 10:00 PM
This is my worry, if not settled amicably I suspect he’ll have his chums in the media lined-up to paint Hibs in a bad light

Me too...and I like both Dempster and Lennon - that's what's so regrettable about the whole thing.

If it does get nasty (and given NL's "combative" nature I think it may well do), I'd like Hibs for once to tell our thick-as-a-docker's-piece media to **** right off, and to tell them to do so repeatedly.

FitbaFolkKen
BBC just added the following to their story -

It is understood that Lennon’s relationship with Hibs chief executive Leeann has broken down and his two-and-a-half year reign appears to be at an end. More to follow...

Lancs Harp
I think NL has issues and is fighting demons. He hasn't been the same since the Hearts away game for me.

No one is bigger than the Club. But lets wait until we know officially before we have the post-mortem

A Hi-Bee
25-01-2019, 10:02 PM
May and Murray

Whoever it may be it will now be done on the cheap as they will have to ring-fence payments for all the back room staff along with Neil Lennon.

Lex7zero
25-01-2019, 10:02 PM
It was time for Lenny to go. Pity he can’t take that poison Petrie with him.
Tommy Wright for me as Clarke obviously wouldn’t take a step down to us.

KWJ
25-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Remember Lennon said he would have taken the Scotland job if it were offered, not much loyalty then.

Except he didn't.

SirDavidsNapper
Makes you wonder why Efe was so quick to activate his release clause. He doesn't even have a club yet.

Hopefully Sundays team includes our captain and players in the correct positions. We have a talented squad. We will start winning games no problem if that happens.

calumhibee1
Well if nothing else will be good to see Sir David Gray starting again.

Definitely the best outcome from all of this.

stoneyburn hibs
Hope not.
If it is then I'm more disappointed with the whole set up at Hibs.

Weegreenman
It doesn't seem like his heart has been in it since the first time he did it. Felt a little like he was working his way out. Plenty threads stating that in the last few months. Gutted but who is up next!

He went down in my estimation afyer after that game at Tynie last season. I felt he thought he was too big for the club and nothing since has changed my mind. Sounds like there’s been an altercation of sorts, which implies that Lennon has lost the plot. Investigation underway but I seriously doubt we’ll see him back as manager. What a mess!

green day
Whoever it may be it will now be done on the cheap as they will have to ring-fence payments for all the back room staff along with Neil Lennon.

Why?

SideBurns
25-01-2019, 10:04 PM

Aye - there can't be a power struggle; Leeann is Lennon's boss and nobody's mug, there would only ever be one winner in that situation.

It needs resolved quickly for the good of the club, but no-one will need to tell Dempster that.

tamig
Benchmark PR will earn their corn now, I guess. Expect some hand-wringing mealy mouthed statement from the Board any time now.
You're not the biggest fan of the board I know but what do you think happened then? NL not to blame in any way? The stories of unrest in the dressing room just lies?

Stokesy's on fire
You don’t get suspended because of an argument. Something has happened. Rumours are he’s hit a player other rumours are Kamberi walked out after being threatened. Other folk saying he had a Rammy with Gray. I don’t think we will ever know what happened but i can almost garentee it’s not just a disagreement with Leeann

So many rumours though Hibs have to clear this up quick.

Lemonade
Someone on the bounce saying Whittaker has been sacked.

Captain Trips

Why? If we sack or Lennon leaves the backroom staff are surely on their own contracts.

The 90+2

Behave, managing Killie will never be a step down to us.

CMurdoch
25-01-2019, 10:05 PM

😏

It's a joke guys, lighten up, we're only lost one of the best managers we've had.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:aok: Humour is a great thing

hibbyfraelibby
Kamberi would kill him

His treatment of Flo has been nothing short of bullying. In any other workplace we know the outcome.

FitbaFolkKen

We are certainly not a step down from Killie. In terms of league position yes this season however if Clarke has confidence in his ability then he would see the crowds, facilities and budget at ER have far greater potential.

mca
BBC just added the following to their story -

It is understood that Lennon’s relationship with Hibs chief executive Leeann has broken down and his two-and-a-half year reign appears to be at an end. More to follow...

They just COPY whatever we write on the forum... :wink:

Stokesy's on fire

What...

Fanforlife
Heard he was fighting with KamberiHeard same,embellished by having to be dragged of Kamberi.

Peevemor
25-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Why? If we sack or Lennon leaves the backroom staff are surely on their own contracts.Yes, and unless there's been gross misconduct they'll be entitled to a pay off to end their contracts.

CMurdoch

Smartie
FAO anti-hoofbaw

"Hibs kit man" is in need of a lyrical update.

I look forward to hearing "Hibs boss man".

Captain Trips
25-01-2019, 10:07 PM
We are certainly not a step down from Killie. In terms of league position yes this season however if Clarke has confidence in his ability then he would see the crowds, facilities and budget at ER have far greater potential.

SC will be offered a nice job back in England.

GreenCastle
25-01-2019, 10:07 PM
Possibly..??

Lennon probably unhappy with players. Told them again.

Players weren’t happy with criticism and bit back.

Doesn’t help Gray isn’t getting a game. Probably on players side.

Leanne made aware - player power rules ?

Or

Lennon wanted more players to sign and the board said no = Lennon rants and gets suspended.

It’s been obvious something hasn’t been right for while and I also think Lennons mental side probably hasn’t helped matters - I feel for the guy. I’ve loved him as manager and have no idea who will take over next if he leaves.

Please stay away from Strachan etc - would prefer someone fresh and away from any of the dinosaurs this country seems to have.

A good number 2 is so important also plus contacts which Lennon seems to have had to bring players in.

hibee_girl
25-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Just been sent this

Kamberi spat at lennon today so he kicked #### out of him and then club wouldn't back him...just been told and CCTV caught it all🤦🏼*♂️

Don’t shoot the messenger could be a rumor

Would imagine Kamberi would be suspended too if this was true

calumhibee1
Just been sent this

Kamberi spat at lennon today so he kicked #### out of him and then club wouldn't back him...just been told and CCTV caught it all🤦🏼*♂️

Nonsense. Purely because Lennon wouldn’t be able to kick **** out Kamberi.

bigwheel

Think he’ll be Celtic’s next manager

Scouse Hibee
Hibs need to come out and let the fans know what is going on.

No point guessing and emotions get high.

No they don’t, it’s between Lennon and his employers.

stoneyburn hibs
Just been sent this

Kamberi hit the target hmmm.

Diclonius
25-01-2019, 10:09 PM
I think there's a lot of unfoubded allegations going around now, some of which may be true and some of which are bull**** put out by trolls. Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Albanian Hibs
25-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Never heard so much pish

Ahem

Percy Vere
25-01-2019, 10:10 PM

Jeez, can’t make this up. Weve not had our problems to seek. Lennons been frustrated and taking it out on players, especially Kamberi. I’ve felt he’s been ott and verging on unprofessional. Feels a bit like the way Mourinho was behaving at Man U, slagging players.
That said I think he is far and away best manager we’ve had in a long time. Hope it can be sorted.

Scotty Leither

I heard He was set to take the job pre-Fenlon until a certain individual stepped in with last-minute contract "renegotiations" and the deal was pulled by Clarke's agent.

Time for more than just Lennon to go at Easter Road.

Ringothedog
What makes you think he isn't? The good team selections every week and great run we're on?

You are correct and I am totally wrong, I am sorry that I even questioned your opinion 👍

BullsCloseHibs
My money is on Stubbs

Legend. But, no.

Togs91
25-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Kamberi hit the target hmmm.

👏

Greencore
25-01-2019, 10:12 PM
No they don’t, it’s between Lennon and his employers.

Nah, they really do Scouse.

Lemonade

I’m not joking. Can’t link it on my phone.

SirDavidsNapper
Just been sent this

I honestly can't see a slightly overweight 50 odd year old Lennon kicking the **** out of a 6 foot athlete in his early 20's. It'll all come out i guess!

Ilovehibs
He went down in my estimation afyer after that game at Tynie last season. I felt he thought he was too big for the club and nothing since has changed my mind. Sounds like there’s been an altercation of sorts, which implies that Lennon has lost the plot. Investigation underway but I seriously doubt we’ll see him back as manager. What a mess!

Me too. Sadly, Neil Lennon's main interest is himself.
No pleasure in this but think it best for the club to part ways from him. Been a very strange atmosphere around the club for a while now.
Time to move on and get back to a united Hibs.

Smartie
Was Whittaker part of the delegation who went to Petrie's house back in the day?

And all this time we've thought Mikey Stewart was the bad apple.

Hmmmmmm

:stirrer:

Chorley Hibee
Is this whole scenario part of this bloody murder mystery evening they keep advertising? It's certainly the only thing the club ever communicate to us recently!

bordergreen
Not quite. To anyone that fully understands the club, Lennon had totally lost the confidence and respect of players. It was also clear that he was playing teams and formations to send a message to the board instead of putting best team on pitch. He liked Whittaker and doesn’t like Gray. Thus he picked a spent force over a good player every time.

Lennon was not the man for Hibs unfortunately.

Most sensible thing I have read tonight. I liked Lennon and I think he enabled us to attract players we would not otherwise have got. There is a big but here though. I, like everyone, was bemused at:

Some Team Selections
His going missing (I put it down to health and hoped he would get through it)
Slagging his players off instead of taking responsibility

I wish him well if he has gone. Gave us some great moments "Did he really cup his ears" and The Aeroplane. But has not shown much of the passion and determination I loved about him for some time.

I trust Ms Dempster to get the next move right again.

Moody Blues
25-01-2019, 10:13 PM
I think some posters are just making up a load of rubbish now about what has taken place.

Berwickhibby
I heard He was set to take the job pre-Fenlon until a certain individual stepped in with last-minute contract "renegotiations" and the deal was pulled by Clarke's agent.

You are 100% correct....I was told this by a former team mate of his

SirDavidsNapper
You are correct and I am totally wrong, I am sorry that I even questioned your opinion 👍

What?

pacoluna
Is this whole scenario part of this bloody murder mystery evening they keep advertising? It's certainly the only thing the club ever communicate to us recently!

:greengrin

BullsCloseHibs
25-01-2019, 10:14 PM
John Kennedy anyone? Decent coach, very well respected.

One Day

Heard from who

FitbaFolkKen
They just COPY whatever we write on the forum... :wink:

Aye but it's exciting!

we are hibs
Seeing as we are all hearing different things here's what I have jeard; Bartley was one of the players who had a confrontation with Lennon. Apparently not been happy ever since he felt he was hung out to dry having to do the pre match press conference before the last game of last season after Lennon went awol and had slated the players calling them amateurs after the derby last may. No idea if it's true or not but seeing as everyone seems to be chucking in bits and bobs this is what I have heard.

calumhibee1

I know nothing about him. But it’s the kind of people I’d expect to be considered if he’s highly rated as a coach.

allmodcons
25-01-2019, 10:15 PM
I, for one, will be extremely disappointment if NL goes. Charismatic, passionate and completely unpredictable. We've had some wonderful moments during his tenure and for me he's presided over the best team I've seen in many a year.

The 2016 SC cup win aside IMO he is the main reason our season tickets got to where they are now.

I accept that we are on a poor run and some of his team selections of late have been debatable but I can't think of anyone (realistic options that is) who I'd prefer to see at the helm.

Albanian Hibs
Heard from who

It will all come out eventually. Obviously not going to name names.

CRAZYHIBBY
Was bound to happen sooner or later....supporting hibs is like a game of snakes and ladders

tamig
Leeann has gone very quiet over the last couple of months, not my words, she said it herself recently, at a meeting I attended. She knew she'd taken a step back, and as such the club is not moving forward.

I wonder if that has been down to concerns around NL? Hardly heard anything from her since NL's first threat to consider his position after the hertz game at end of last season. And I'm sure she hasn't been happy at the manager going awol from press duties etc.

Lemonade
25-01-2019, 10:16 PM
Was bound to happen sooner or later....supporting hibs is like a game of snakes and ladders

I nearly laughed at that :-)

CMurdoch
Think he’ll be Celtic’s next manager

(Steve Clarke) Is the correct answer.
A perfect fit.

Captain Trips
I honestly can't see a slightly overweight 50 odd year old Lennon kicking the **** out of a 6 foot athlete in his early 20's. It'll all come out i guess!

Kamberi has just been asked to comment on what has went on today at Hibs:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/man-lying-in-a-hospital-bed-covered-in-bandages-picture-iddv2181002

bigwheel
25-01-2019, 10:17 PM

Not what Clarke has said. He has publicly stated that there was only ever a phone call. Never any job offer ..

Diclonius

It was pre-Calderwood. I don't doubt the rest of the story though.

stoneyburn hibs
Was Whittaker part of the delegation who went to Petrie's house back in the day?

And all this time we've thought Mikey Stewart was the bad apple.

Hmmmmmm

:stirrer:

Petrol added 😁

Hibeesmad
25-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Since we are on the topic of managers leaving. Stephen Robinson of Motherwell close to becoming next Luton manager apparently

One Day Soon
25-01-2019, 10:20 PM

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/man-lying-in-a-hospital-bed-covered-in-bandages-picture-iddv2181002

:faf:

loanheadhibby
Lots of criticism of Lennon. Lots of players hiding behind the managers antics/players out of position/injuries. Now Lennon appears to be out the way, no excuses for any of the players.

we all love Gray, goes without saying but let's be honest, he's been constantly injured. Maybe Lennon thought he could not trust him to last a game ?

ScottB
Its interesting, ‘suspension’ was the phrase used for Henry, which was to do with his personal conduct, prior to his sacking. I can’t say I’ve ever heard that used before, so I have to assume it’s something similar. If he was, say, taking time out for health reasons, it’d be ‘compassionate leave’ or something along those lines. Being suspended suggests he’s broken a rule / rules and has been sent away while the club works through whatever process it has for such matters. Given he was giving interviews earlier, whatever it is has happened in the interim.

He’s seemed like he’s been in a difficult place at various points since towards the end of last season, perhaps things have come to a head, who knows. I wish him well in dealing with whatever has brought him to this point, but I suspect we won’t be seeing him in a professional capacity with us again.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Not what Clarke has said. He has publicly stated that there was only ever a phone call. Never any job offer ..

Sorry pal, you're wrong. Billy Stark was meant to be coming too as his assistant. Deal was all !ocked up until an intervention at eleventh hour scuppered the whole thing.

Peevemor
Lots of criticism of Lennon. Lots of players hiding behind the managers antics/players out of position/injuries. Now Lennon appears to be out the way, no excuses for any of the players.

we all love Gray, goes without saying but let's be honest, he's been constantly injured. Maybe Lennon thought he could not trust him to last a game ?But he plays Porteous whose leg keeps falling apart?

Radium

Eastside Story

hibees 7062
25-01-2019, 10:23 PM

Not a bad shout mate

One Day Soon

we all love Gray, goes without saying but let's be honest, he's been constantly injured. Maybe Lennon thought he could not trust him to last a game ?

:agree:

No excuses for anyone now - not the players, not Lennon's critics, not the club management. That's one positive at least at this point.

Hi Heid Yin

:tee hee::tee hee: That made me chuckle.

scotia44
Haha 5 pages and an unclear rumour has become he’s away and it’s all because of Petries “penny-pinching”.

Brilliant.

It really is quite disturbing how these folk think all ills of hibs and the world lie at petries door

Scotty Leither
It was pre-Calderwood. I don't doubt the rest of the story though.

Sorry my bad with Fenlon/Calderwood, but the bones of the story of how the deal fell down is correct.

bigwheel
25-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Sorry pal, you're wrong. Billy Stark was meant to be coming too as his assistant. Deal was all !ocked up until an intervention at eleventh hour scuppered the whole thing.

I’m not wrong. I’m actually summarising what Clarke is quoted in the paper on Hibs job..feel free to google it - now, he may not have been telling whole truth - but I’d believe his direct quotes before any other view ...

Diclonius
Sorry my bad with Fenlon/Calderwood, but the bones of the story of how the deal fell down is correct.

I remember us all sitting waiting patiently for Clarke to be announced, then nothing happened and a week later we got Calderwood.

A Hi-Bee

No excuses for anyone now - not the players, not Lennon's critics, not the club management. That's one positive at least at this point.

Yes they all need to get the finger out and get a good result on Sunday in front of the Sky camera's.

Hi Heid Yin
25-01-2019, 10:25 PM
I, for one, will be extremely disappointment if NL goes. Charismatic, passionate and completely unpredictable. We've had some wonderful moments during his tenure and for me he's presided over the best team I've seen in many a year.

The 2016 SC cup win aside IMO he is the main reason our season tickets got to where they are now.

I accept that we are on a poor run and some of his team selections of late have been debatable but I can't think of anyone (realistic options that is) who I'd prefer to see at the helm.

I could not have put it better :top marks

ronaldo7
25-01-2019, 10:25 PM
I wonder if that has been down to concerns around NL? Hardly heard anything from her since NL's first threat to consider his position after the hertz game at end of last season. And I'm sure she hasn't been happy at the manager going awol from press duties etc.

It's been bubbling under since then. She didn't handle that one well imo, with the joint budge statement. He needed supported then, and wasn't.

04Sauzee
25-01-2019, 10:26 PM
Will this make more people go to Paisley or will it encourage people to stay away I wonder?

One Day Soon
25-01-2019, 10:27 PM
I’m not wrong. I’m actually summarising what Clarke is quoted in the paper on Hibs job..feel free to google it - now, he may not have been telling whole truth - but I’d believe his direct quotes before any other view ...

What's wrong with you, it's like you're not even trying to settle an old score against the dark forces of the Board.

brianmc
25-01-2019, 10:27 PM

Brilliant.
One of the best quotes I've read describing our the team.
I shall now steal it and claim it as my own

A Hi-Bee
25-01-2019, 10:28 PM
Will this make more people go to Paisley or will it encourage people to stay away I wonder?

Usually takes a hell of a lot to get people to go to Paisley. An if you do by train then remember no trains from weegie central bus only to Paisley.

Scotty Leither

Not my understanding, and I've got the £ numbers involved as well, but I respect your view and take on it mate, it is a forum for discussion, after all.

bigwheel
What's wrong with you, it's like you're not even trying to settle an old score against the dark forces of the Board.

Need to up my game [emoji2]

calumhibee1

I was going anyway but I’m more optimistic of a result now.

bigwheel
25-01-2019, 10:29 PM
Not my understanding, and I've got the £ numbers involved as well, but I respect your view and take on it mate, it is a forum for discussion, after all.

Honestly buddy. I’m not saying I know. Just have read direct quotes from Clarke on it.

Gantin-troosers
25-01-2019, 10:29 PM
Heard Lenny went swinging for McCourt caus he shrunk his breeks.

loanheadhibby
25-01-2019, 10:31 PM
But he plays Porteous whose leg keeps falling apart?

Maybe cos Porteous has the heart to try and play thru an injury?

neil7908
Makes you wonder why Efe was so quick to activate his release clause. He doesn't even have a club yet.

Hopefully Sundays team includes our captain and players in the correct positions. We have a talented squad. We will start winning games no problem if that happens.

Total speculation of the course but that's a very interesting observation. I found it odd that Efe hasn't got a club yet but if the reports are even half true it can't have been a great dressing room to be in. Maybe he was desperate to get out and happy to take his chances of finding something else.

Baldy Foghorn

Hilarious:rolleyes:

Mcpakeisgod

Only one winner there. Wee Tam

scotia44
25-01-2019, 10:32 PM

😏

It's a joke guys, lighten up, we're only lost one of the best managers we've had. based on what winning a pub league and finishing 4th? sorry but I disagree

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 10:33 PM
Maybe cos Porteous has the heart to try and play thru an injury?

Porteous shouldn’t have had a say other than to say he didn’t feel able.

FitbaFolkKen
25-01-2019, 10:33 PM

Aye his troosers are now gantin'

BullsCloseHibs
25-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Who can Hearts fans hate now?

proud_and_green
I think NL has issues and is fighting demons. He hasn't been the same since the Hearts away game for me.

No one is bigger than the Club. But lets wait until we know officially before we have the post-mortemI agree, I have felt that ever since then. He has been able to pick himself up for the bigger games but not interested for the rest. The players have reacted to that.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

loanheadhibby

Spot on. Now let's see who can step up.

Not it many leaders at the club now and not much leading from the top either.

One Day
25-01-2019, 10:35 PM
It will all come out eventually. Obviously not going to name names.

Cheers

Hibs90
25-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Dare I say good if he is indeed away, as this season has been brutal. 2 wins in 14 games, thats not a dip in form or down to the players alone thats a crisis. Strange team selections, rubbish tactics, berating players in the press etc. No doubt his friends in the media will spin it as him not being backed, but he clearly has and the majority of signings have been horrific, the constant sucking off of Celtic in the press aswell, he should have went before the derby tbh. But some seem to hold him in very high regard despite all this.

As for Stubbs. No. He is history and we should leave it be.

proud_and_green
25-01-2019, 10:36 PM
His treatment of Flo has been nothing short of bullying. In any other workplace we know the outcome.Correct.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
25-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Neil was superb for us, let's not forget that. Sadly, it's probably the right time for this to happen as we are stuck and need a new leader. I'm quite excited about a new chapter! 😁

hibsbollah

He disnae wash his breeks that guid at hame.

loanheadhibby
Porteous shouldn’t have had a say other than to say he didn’t feel able.

That's my point. I'd imagine Porteous told him he did feel able where as other players took the easy route. Could be bravery or inexperience?

Not many of our players battle back too quickly from injury

JimBHibees
25-01-2019, 10:38 PM

Did she say why?

ronaldo7
based on what winning a pub league and finishing 4th? sorry but I disagree

I really wanted to hook you on the "big frank" line, but seem to have failed.

😅😅😅

CMurdoch

Really good post especially "He has said a few times he loves being in the limelight and Hibs better get their story straight and make sure every procedure is documented and followed properly."

Leanne is a shrewd cookie and she might have had this teed up for a while knowing that Neil would totally lose it sufficiently enough to be dismissed for gross misconduct and thus no pay off.

Remember she played an absolute blinder over the cup final issues and as a result we suffered no sanctions.

Strachan as replacement for me. Local guy and great man manager. I think he would be tempted.
Clarke is in the box seat to replace Rodgers at Celtic when he goes so he is a non starter.

BullsCloseHibs
Dare I say good if he is indeed away, as this season has been brutal. 2 wins in 14 games, thats not a dip in form or down to the players alone thats a crisis. Strange team selections, rubbish tactics, berating players in the press etc. No doubt his friends in the media will spin it as him not being backed, but he clearly has and the majority of signings have been horrific, the constant sucking off of Celtic in the press aswell, he should have went before the derby tbh. But some seem to hold him in very high regard despite all this.

Totally agree with the Stubbs statement. Don't quite agree with the NL statement though

BullsCloseHibs
25-01-2019, 10:40 PM

Sometimes it's like Ker Plunk too!

ScottB
25-01-2019, 10:40 PM
That's my point. I'd imagine Porteous told him he did feel able where as other players took the easy route. Could be bravery or inexperience?

Not many of our players battle back too quickly from injury

Age is a factor there though, young guys feel invincible, older ones are all too aware of damage accumulating. If anything we should prevent Porteous from trying to play when he’s not 100%, willing or not.

The Wireless
25-01-2019, 10:42 PM
Brilliant

ronaldo7
Did she say why?

IIRC she said she wanted to step back a bit, to see how things went. It felt like she was trying to allow others to up their game. She accepted that things had slipped though, and maybe needed to step back in again.

Seveno
With BBC saying that he will not be in the dugout on Sunday, it sounds like it is a case of him having been relieved of his first team duties. Not quite sacked but put on gardening leave.

Cabbage East
25-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Folk need to calm down. Tabloids are the source of **** all.

cabbageandribs1875
25-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Really good post especially "He has said a few times he loves being in the limelight and Hibs better get their story straight and make sure every procedure is documented and followed properly."

Leanne is a shrewd cookie and she might have had this teed up for a while knowing that Neil would totally lose it sufficiently enough to be dismissed for gross misconduct and thus no pay off.

Remember she played an absolute blinder over the cup final issues and as a result we suffered no sanctions.

Strachan as replacement for me. Local guy and great man manager. I think he would be tempted.
Clarke is in the box seat to replace Rodgers at Celtic when he goes so he is a non starter.

i think maybe the vice president of the SFA played a blinder :cb

SirDavidsNapper

Agree word for word.

People were still backing him because he's a big name. If it was a McIntyre or a Steve Robinson he'd have been hounded out weeks ago. Pish is pish big name or not. It's been poor for too long now and hopefully now we can push on and salvage top 6.

Vault Boy
Folk need to calm down. Tabloids are the source of **** all.

It's not just tabloids though. Also, it's not as if the Sun or some other rags haven't gotten plenty of football stories correct in the past.

Jonnyboy
25-01-2019, 10:46 PM
With BBC saying that he will not be in the dugout on Sunday, it sounds like it is a case of him having been relieved of his first team duties. Not quite sacked but put on gardening leave.

SKY saying this …………..

It is understood Lennon has not been sacked by Hibernian and has not resigned from his role.

However, the Edinburgh club has begun a process in which Lennon will ultimately leave the club.

ScottB
25-01-2019, 10:47 PM
SKY saying this …………..

It is understood Lennon has not been sacked by Hibernian and has not resigned from his role.

However, the Edinburgh club has begun a process in which Lennon will ultimately leave the club.

Certainly sounds like a disciplinary type process on the surface of it.

neil7908
25-01-2019, 10:48 PM

Presuming he's been accused of a serious disciplinary matter (speculation in the papers seems to suggest this). Whether its something with the players or LD the club are trying to handle it professionally like other workplaces would by suspending the individual in question and launching an investigation.

It doesnt feel great as a fan at the moment but it may make a big difference if NL is wanting compensation down the line. Just sacking him without due process would presumably leave us more open to paying out his contract. If he goes after a suspension and investigation the club will be able to forgo any payment to him.

All guessing of course.

Swedish hibee
Just in... What on earth have I missed tonight!!!

Seveno
SKY saying this …………..

Do you think you could take charge for the match on Sunday?

Pretty Boy
SKY saying this …………..

A formal disciplinary process to negate having to pay compensation? I'm not saying money is the driving factor but the boxes have to be ticked if it's a gross misconduct scenario.

Hopefully we get a statement and some kind of clarity in the morning.

CMurdoch
25-01-2019, 10:49 PM
I really wanted to hook you on the "big frank" line, but seem to have failed.

😅😅😅

Nah, it wasn't you that failed. I noted a few have had whoosh moment with your post.
Pearls before swine.

Diclonius
25-01-2019, 10:49 PM
A formal disciplinary process to negate having to pay compensation? I'm not saying money is the driving factor but the boxes have to be ticked if it's a gross misconduct scenario.

It'll be gardening leave.

Seveno
25-01-2019, 10:50 PM
Presuming he's been accused of a serious disciplinary matter (speculation in the papers seems to suggest this). Whether its something with the players or LD the club are trying to handle it professionally like other workplaces would by suspending the individual in question and launching an investigation.

It doesnt feel great as a fan at the moment but it may make a big difference if NL is wanting compensation down the line. Just sacking him without due process would presumably leave us more open to paying out his contract. If he goes after a suspension and investigation the club will be able to forgo any payment to him.

All guessing of course.

No reason for it being so dramatic. Could just be because of poor results.

Sean1875
25-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Writings been on the wall for weeks now tbh. What is it, 3 wins in 15? That alongside teams and formations seemingly picked out a hat and borderline rants picking on specific players then frankly I’m surprised it’s taken this long.

bingo70
25-01-2019, 10:52 PM

That would be a timely process.

I suspect we’ll just be using this as a negotiation tactic, not good for us or Lennon for this to drag on, especially if there’s the prospect of him getting nothing at the end of it.

If it’s true about Parker leaving as well, he’s not been suspended so if he’s to get a pay off then Lennon will need to come to an agreement.

neil7908
25-01-2019, 10:52 PM

Total speculation but this seems a possibility. I'm guessing given his profile he'll be on a very good wage (for us at least). If he's done something to breach employment rules and the club are going to suggest that as a reason for sacking him down the line they'll have to get there ducks in a row.

Smartie
25-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Just in... What on earth have I missed tonight!!!

Arma-Lennon

Santa Cruz
25-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Best manager we've had for a while

neil7908
25-01-2019, 10:54 PM
No reason for it being so dramatic. Could just be because of poor results.

Why suspended him then? And why do it now rather than Thursday? And the club would surely have a statement lined up? We've also allowed him to bring in 2 players very recently.

You could be right of course but I definitely think something else has happened.

HappyAsHellas
25-01-2019, 10:54 PM
Have to say I'm quite happy for Lennon to go now, but wish him all the best. The second half of last season was great, but most of this season has been dire. Too many occasions he puts himself above the club which was just wrong (Tynie last year). His constant berating of players in the press and his pettiness (taking Kamberi off in the 89th minutes against Hearts) are to me symptomatic of a man who can't handle the pressure of a situation of his own making.
Already looking forward to the next exciting chapter in the story of Hibernian F.C.

B.H.F.C
25-01-2019, 10:56 PM

That’s what it looks like to me.

Worry is who takes the team in the interim and how long does it delay us getting the new man in?

PaulSmith
25-01-2019, 10:56 PM
IIRC she said she wanted to step back a bit, to see how things went. It felt like she was trying to allow others to up their game. She accepted that things had slipped though, and maybe needed to step back in again.

Stepped back or pushed back... is there a power struggle with her and RP?

Diclonius
25-01-2019, 10:58 PM
EEN pretty much confirming what's been already said. (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-set-to-leave-hibs-as-head-coach-is-suspended-by-club-1-4862859?gg&fbclid=IwAR0jaQCLyFJey_ObI5FNe__7rNnd59KFmUQjswXfe 9EIrsfphJSiqrWRqi) Looks like Lennon had a meeting with the players today, things got ugly, Dempster stepped in, took the players side and now they're figuring out how to sack him without giving compensation. Show's over.

CMurdoch
25-01-2019, 10:59 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:top marksThere are some great funnies in this thread. Far than the dreary transfer one.

Gantin-troosers
25-01-2019, 11:00 PM
Hilarious:rolleyes:

:aok:

ronaldo7
Stepped back or pushed back... is there a power struggle with her and RP?

No power struggle. Dempster has the reins.

3pm
SKY saying this …………..

‘Can Amanda Jones please report to reception.’ 📞

Togs91
25-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Thecat saying on twitter he apparently launched a chair at SDG

CMurdoch
25-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Sometimes it's like Ker Plunk too!

That's aw the marbles crashed doon noo. Game over. Winner Dempster.

James Stephen
25-01-2019, 11:03 PM

He should do time for that...!

scotia44
25-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Best manager we've had for a while

Since the last guy

Diclonius
25-01-2019, 11:04 PM
If this nonsense about none of the coaching staff being in the dugout on Sunday is true then who takes charge? Gray?

Jones28
25-01-2019, 11:05 PM
What a sad state of affairs.

weecounty hibby
25-01-2019, 11:05 PM
Aw FFS Hibs. Why is it never easy or straightforward with us. I'll be sorry to see him go. High profile, wanted the best for Hibs, a character. But recently it just hasn't felt right. I wish him all the best in the future

Callum_62
25-01-2019, 11:06 PM
have we signed anyone yet? :confused:

green day
If this nonsense about none of the coaching staff being in the dugout on Sunday is true then who takes charge? Gray?

Think it means none of Lennons staff - i.e. Parker.

We have plenty of coaches, probably ones that will play players in the right position.

Sir David Gray

Eddie May and Grant Murray apparently.

It's just Lennon and Parker who won't be there.

Heisenberg
25-01-2019, 11:07 PM

Nah it’ll be Eddie May I think.

calumhibee1
Why is Luke Shanley on SSN talking about this when he’s now employed by the club? It doesn’t seem like it’s on the club’s behalf?

hibsbollah

The chairs legs had gone.:whistle:

Hi Heid Yin
Aw FFS Hibs. Why is it never easy or straightforward with us. I'll be sorry to see him go. High profile, wanted the best for Hibs, a character. But recently it just hasn't felt right. I wish him all the best in the future

:top marks

Smartie
25-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Why is Luke Shanley on SSN talking about this when he’s now employed by the club? It doesn’t seem like it’s on the club’s behalf?

Is he?

flash
25-01-2019, 11:09 PM

Because he isn't.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Is he?

He was just on via phone call. Only caught the end of it but he didn’t tell them anything we didn’t know from what I heard.

Just thought as an employee of the club he wouldn’t be doing that.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Because he isn't.

He was just on via phone call 5 minutes ago.

Heisenberg
25-01-2019, 11:11 PM
He was just on via phone call 5 minutes ago.

He’s not an employee of the club though is he? He was on Hibs TV duties ages ago but that’s it.

calumhibee1
When did luke join the club?

Am I missing something? I could have sworn he had taken up a role with the club?

The 90+2

Shanners isnt. Kenny Millar is also a hibee journo now at hibs.

stantonhibby
25-01-2019, 11:12 PM
He was just on via phone call. Only caught the end of it but he didn’t tell them anything we didn’t know from what I heard.

Just thought as an employee of the club he wouldn’t be doing that.

Since when has he been an employee?

bingo70
25-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Am I missing something? I could have sworn he had taken up a role with the club?

You’re thinking of Kenny millar, the old sun journalist

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 11:13 PM
Shanners isnt. Kenny Millar is also a hibee journo now at hibs.

**** sake. That was it. Apologies everyone :greengrin

Hibs90
25-01-2019, 11:13 PM

You are thinking of the guy fron The Sun not Luke

Craigmount Hibs
25-01-2019, 11:14 PM
Anyone who was at Motherwell on Wednesday has to admit it, it was absolutely brutal football. One up front, midfielders didn't run past the striker, blah blah blah. Poorest Motherwell team I have seen in many years too. Did Lennon, or Parker, get off the bench, even once, to coach them?
Nope.

This has been coming for a while. Club have suspended in the hope of saving a few quid. Lennon's relationship with the board hasn't been great for a while. He said we needed a new goalie 3 weeks ago, and took the guy from Spurs on trial. No-one on the board knew why. We already have 4 goalies, and were about to release one. Appears him going tonto at the players will be used as a reason for suspension. That he signed most of them, and many have been dreadful this season, will probably sit at his door.

Hibs90
25-01-2019, 11:14 PM
Check out @Oldfirmfacts1’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Oldfirmfacts1/status/1088945440429621249?s=09

hibees 7062
25-01-2019, 11:15 PM
Eddie May and Grant Murray apparently.

It's just Lennon and Parker who won't be there.

Yep :agree:

tamig
25-01-2019, 11:19 PM
Total speculation but this seems a possibility. I'm guessing given his profile he'll be on a very good wage (for us at least). If he's done something to breach employment rules and the club are going to suggest that as a reason for sacking him down the line they'll have to get there ducks in a row.
I'm sure we have an HR expert as one of our directors. I don't think there will be any chance of a slip up on the club's part of following due process here.

Johnny Clash
25-01-2019, 11:20 PM

.. where he’s been sacked quite a few times ironically after a run of bad results.

CMurdoch
25-01-2019, 11:22 PM
Check out @Oldfirmfacts1’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Oldfirmfacts1/status/1088945440429621249?s=09

:greengrin

Zazu62
25-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Wish this had happened at the start of January

Stevie Reid
25-01-2019, 11:25 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-suspended-hibs-after-13908898

Hibs90
25-01-2019, 11:27 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-suspended-hibs-after-13908898

Dont believe a single word that dug***** paper prints

Mr Grieves
25-01-2019, 11:28 PM

We'll find out if this is true when we know who will pick the team on Sunday

BoyledEgg
25-01-2019, 11:29 PM
What a mess.

Billychaotic182
25-01-2019, 11:31 PM
So the rumour is as followed

Lennon singles out players due to bad performances publicly

Players go in a huff and report to Leeann

Lennon gets word of this and kicks off

He chucks a chair at Gray but misses and hits another player

Kamberi spits at him and Lennon kicks **** out of him

Lennon is suspended

This is not my story I’m just putting together the rumours from twitter. Surely this never happened.

GillyHibee
25-01-2019, 11:31 PM
I will never be back to ER if he has been sacked... a lot of folk blaming him, but at the end of the day, losing SJM, Allan, Mcgeoch, Efe, Cummings, to name but a few, and given nothing back in return does not help. “Biggest budget in hibs history” my back side. There seems to be a reoccurring theme here...and that’s the board.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 11:32 PM

Lennon is suspended

This is not my story I’m just putting together the rumours from twitter. Surely this never happened.

It sounds so much more exciting when all the rumours are merged into one mega story. :greengrin

Lex7zero
25-01-2019, 11:33 PM
Anyone who was at Motherwell on Wednesday has to admit it, it was absolutely brutal football. One up front, midfielders didn't run past the striker, blah blah blah. Poorest Motherwell team I have seen in many years too. Did Lennon, or Parker, get off the bench, even once, to coach them?
Nope.

This has been coming for a while. Club have suspended in the hope of saving a few quid. Lennon's relationship with the board hasn't been great for a while. He said we needed a new goalie 3 weeks ago, and took the guy from Spurs on trial. No-one on the board knew why. We already have 4 goalies, and were about to release one. Appears him going tonto at the players will be used as a reason for suspension. That he signed most of them, and many have been dreadful this season, will probably sit at his door.
Spot on mate Hibs have been a shambles for ages and Lennon has been fighting with the Board all the way. Lennon is one of the worst managers we have ever had in terms of players to pick and him just picking his favourites. He didn't like Dylan McGeoch so took far too long to offer him a contract.

he drinks with Whittaker the worst player in premier league and leaves our big leader Sir David Gray who he dislikes big time on the bench. Glad to see the back of you Lennon and hope to see Sir David lead us back on some sort of challenge.

glory Glory and not losing any sleep over lemon

calumhibee1
I will never be back to ER if he has been sacked... a lot of folk blaming him, but at the end of the day, losing SJM, Allan, Mcgeoch, Efe, Cummings, to name but a few, and given nothing back in return does not help. “Biggest budget in hibs history” my back side. There seems to be a reoccurring theme here...and that’s the board.

You do realise he’s been suspended? Whatever’s happened is of his own doing if he’s been suspended.

Jones28

Cheery bye then

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 11:34 PM
Spot on mate Hibs have been a shambles for ages and Lennon has been fighting with the Board all the way. Lennon is one of the worst managers we have ever had in terms of players to pick and him just picking his favourites. He didn't like Dylan McGeoch so took far too long to offer him a contract.

he drinks with Whittaker the worst player in premier league and leaves our big leader Sir David Gray who he dislikes big time on the bench. Glad to see the back of you Lennon and hope to see Sir David lead us back on some sort of challenge.

glory Glory and not losing any sleep over lemon
Whittaker doesn’t drink apparently?

The 90+2

Lennon is suspended

Lennon picking up a steel chair and Flo ducking and hitting Sir Dave has let rip on my imagination 😂😂😂. Leanne walks out with Vince McMahon swagger and Lennon stunners her opens up a beer with Parker and walks off.

Jones28

Lennon is suspended

I can't wait for this to come out in a DVD.

Hibs90
25-01-2019, 11:36 PM

This is a belter.

Billychaotic182
25-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Lennon picking up a steal chair and Flo ducking and hitting Sir Dave has let rip on my imagination 😂😂😂. Leanne walks out with Vince McMahon swagger and Lennon stunners her opens up a beer with Parker and walks off.

It is royal rumble weekend